R.I.P. God Of War.... "will melt even the hardest of hearts"

This topic is locked from further discussion.

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#301  Edited By zeeshanhaider
Member since 2004 • 5524 Posts

@vfighter said:

@zeeshanhaider: Aww you're so cute, those nicknames you give consoles is adorable! Well unless you're over 6 years old, then it's pretty pathetic.

Also psNow doesn't have the ps3s entire catalog, not even close. It has 400+ games, the ps3 had well over a thousand, perhaps thousands (I dont know the exact amount), so no pc gamers don't have the full catalog. Not to mention Now is far from perfect and you'd be much better off playing those games on an actual ps3. You continue to be a clueless pc fanboy, or should I say PEEc, get it the word pee is in it, tee-hee so clever!!!!!

Who needs the entire PS3 catalog when 98.64673463743746347863473647836% of its games are already available on PC. I should rather say all the PS3 exclusives, including the cows favorite UC1-3 and The Flop of US. Ouch!

Remain butthurt over the dying consoles and the ever growing irrelevance of consoles. But hey don't worry, you will at least be able to play DowngradeCharted 4 in 1080p finally on Neo after Sep 7, so there's that.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#302 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

@zeeshanhaider: Lol, the more you post silly names the more we know that you know you're wrong.

nathanbats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#303 nathanbats
Member since 2016 • 1057 Posts

@zeeshanhaider: uncharted 4 runs at 1080p

Coolyfett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#304 Coolyfett
Member since 2008 • 6276 Posts

@locopatho: Kratos is the lead PlayStation character. Can't do a God of War without Kratos. That's like Super Mario with no Mario. More Kratos is never bad for a PlayStation console.

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#305  Edited By zeeshanhaider

@vfighter said:

@zeeshanhaider: Lol, the more you post silly names the more we know that you know you're wrong.

ooooooooo......poor cow ran out of arguments.....tsk tsk tsk. Enjoy your DowngradeCharted 4.

Loading Video...
@nathanbats said:

Only 50%. Yup, it's quite right to call it a 900p turd. :D

R10nu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#306 R10nu
Member since 2006 • 1679 Posts
@Coolyfett said:

@locopatho: Kratos is the lead PlayStation character. Can't do a God of War without Kratos. That's like Super Mario with no Mario. More Kratos is never bad for a PlayStation console.

The point some people here have been making is this game looks nothing like GoW and seemingly plays nothing like GoW. And the only reason it has Kratos in it to begin with is because Sony are playing it safe to pathetical levels.

The case here is more like if Luigi's Mansion would have Mario as a lead character.

Dakur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#307 Dakur
Member since 2014 • 3275 Posts

@zeeshanhaider said:
@vfighter said:

@zeeshanhaider: Aww you're so cute, those nicknames you give consoles is adorable! Well unless you're over 6 years old, then it's pretty pathetic.

Also psNow doesn't have the ps3s entire catalog, not even close. It has 400+ games, the ps3 had well over a thousand, perhaps thousands (I dont know the exact amount), so no pc gamers don't have the full catalog. Not to mention Now is far from perfect and you'd be much better off playing those games on an actual ps3. You continue to be a clueless pc fanboy, or should I say PEEc, get it the word pee is in it, tee-hee so clever!!!!!

Who needs the entire PS3 catalog when 98.64673463743746347863473647836% of its games are already available on PC. I should rather say all the PS3 exclusives, including the cows favorite UC1-3 and The Flop of US. Ouch!

Remain butthurt over the dying consoles and the ever growing irrelevance of consoles. But hey don't worry, you will at least be able to play DowngradeCharted 4 in 1080p finally on Neo after Sep 7, so there's that.

Are you 12? I thought hermits were supposed to be mature.

Dakur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#308 Dakur

@R10nu: So if Nintendo releases Mario Kart or Mario RPG with Mario they're playing it safe to pathetic levels because they use one of their characters to make a different type of IP?

nathanbats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#309 nathanbats

@zeeshanhaider: according to digitalfoundry it looked better on retail and it was not downgraded here naughty dog explains why it looked different from the first trailer http://www.gamepur.com/news/17344-naughty-dog-explains-uncharted-4-thiefs-end-e3-vs-psx-demo-graphics.html

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#310 zeeshanhaider

@dakur said:
@zeeshanhaider said:
@vfighter said:

Are you 12? I thought hermits were supposed to be mature.

As if cows understand or deserve anything better.

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#311  Edited By zeeshanhaider

@nathanbats said:

@zeeshanhaider: according to digitalfoundry it looked better on retail and it was not downgraded here naughty dog explains why it looked different from the first trailer http://www.gamepur.com/news/17344-naughty-dog-explains-uncharted-4-thiefs-end-e3-vs-psx-demo-graphics.html

That explanation was bullshit since it didn't make it to the final game. And here's DF's article confirming the downgrade both at the time of PSX demo and the retail version.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-is-uncharted-4-the-generational-leap-we-were-hoping-for

Loading Video...

LOL Naughty Duds, always lying with bullshit PR videos and later downgrading. The most overhyped and unoriginal developers in the industry.

R10nu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#312 R10nu
Member since 2006 • 1679 Posts

@dakur said:

@R10nu: So if Nintendo releases Mario Kart or Mario RPG with Mario they're playing it safe to pathetic levels because they use one of their characters to make a different type of IP?

From someone who's not terribly invested in Ninty, but enjoys some of their games, yes.

Those should've been different IPs from the get go.

I guess Kart could get a pass for being a fanservice game, like Smash. But RPG should've been its own damn game.

I'd be interested to see your reaction to something like Mario: the Telltale Series or Mario Zombie Survival. Mario: Slow-walking Cinematic Experience where he teaches his son how to stomp fucking goombas. Would you think that is Nintendo pushing their luck or does it take even more to get you off the bandwagon?

I can safely say, for MGS fans that's way more than enough.

nathanbats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#313  Edited By nathanbats

@zeeshanhaider: so it looked better on some areas and on other areas it looked worse."the most overhyped and unoriginal developers"why are you hating?uncharted 4 got 10/10 on GS and 93/100 on metacritic meaning it's one of the best games ever

Avatar image for deactivated-58319077a6477
deactivated-58319077a6477

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#314 deactivated-58319077a6477
Member since 2007 • 4954 Posts

I look forward to it but I hope they don't force you to have the boy tag alone in the entire game.

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#315 zeeshanhaider

@nathanbats said:

@zeeshanhaider: so it looked better on some areas and on other areas it looked worse."the most overhyped and unoriginal developers"why are you hating?uncharted 4 got 10/10 on GS and 93/100 on metacritic meaning it's one of the best games ever

Nope, it looks worse in all areas in the retail version, deal with it. God, cows are so pathetic instead of holding Naughty Duds accountable they instead choose to defend their pathetic practices.

Oh yeah, that MC score padded be how many Sony's own publications? Precisely why I said the most overhyped, overrated and unoriginal developers delivering mediocrity for 30+ years by copying other devs.

Dakur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#316 Dakur

@R10nu said:
@dakur said:

From someone who's not terribly invested in Ninty, but enjoys some of their games, yes.

Those should've been different IPs from the get go.

I guess Kart could get a pass for being a fanservice game, like Smash. But RPG should've been its own damn game.

I'd be interested to see your reaction to something like Mario: the Telltale Series or Mario Zombie Survival. Mario: Slow-walking Cinematic Experience where he teaches his son how to stomp fucking goombas. Would you think that is Nintendo pushing their luck or does it take even more to get you off the bandwagon?

I can safely say, for MGS fans that's way more than enough.

If it's a good game I wouldn't care if it's Mario or Hitler. I would enjoy the game and applaud Nintendo for making a good one.

nathanbats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#317  Edited By nathanbats

@zeeshanhaider: I won't even argue with you,you have gone full crazy

Jagoff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#318 Jagoff
Member since 2016 • 515 Posts

Good to know that this thread is sparking some civil, intelligent dialogue. The amount of class displayed here is simply unprecedented.

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#319  Edited By iandizion713
Member since 2005 • 16025 Posts

@Star650 said:

I look forward to it but I hope they don't force you to have the boy tag alone in the entire game.

O hes tagging alone alright. Hes gonna be all like, "Papa, please dont hurt that guy. You promised youd never kill again"

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#320 PSP107
Member since 2007 • 18830 Posts

@iandizion713:

Is this going to be a babysitting game?

@jagoff:"Good to know that this thread is sparking some civil, intelligent dialogue. The amount of class displayed here is simply unprecedented."

Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#321 zeeshanhaider

@nathanbats said:

@zeeshanhaider: I won't even argue with you,you have gone full crazy

Your anger is misdirected at me. You should blame Naughty Duds and Sony for the lies and downgrade.

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#322 GarGx1
Member since 2011 • 10934 Posts

@nathanbats said:

Apparently it runs at 4k (up-scaled) on an Xbox One S

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#324 zeeshanhaider

@speak_low said:

Santa Monica deserves a chance to break away into something slightly different, wouldn't you say? If the GoW series is probably at its lowest point critically and in sales, why is a minor "reboot" such a bad idea? You Lemmings didn't even play the GoW series, so why cry about the death of it? What are you missing?

I have no idea if this game will succeed yet, but I've seen you put faith into weaker things, so allow some gamers who are not you to feel intrigued and emboldened by Santa Monica's moves here. I also remember people snickering when Naughty Dog said they were making a more serious game that wasn't Uncharted ("Those guys? They never made a serious & mature game before lol!!!11!. Divergence flop confirmed!!1!")

And for people who work in the creative field, this could be the bracing challenge and change of pace/scenery that they've been craving. Some of them are probably in their late 30s/40s, and are at different stages in their life, and want to tackle something different and bigger. Who are you to say they must recycle the same exact formula for over 10 years, confined only to graphical tweaks, combo finishers and mindless and obnoxious story cliches?

One day, if you work in the creative field, may you be stuck doing the same franchise, playstyle and visual style for over a decade of your life. Let's see you suffer an inner creative death, where you tell your relatives that you are, again, working on the same shit, just a different console. To me, God of War 4 changing it up is kind of energizing, and I can imagining it feeling 10x fricken more to those actually making it.

Lemmings don't wanna give GoW4 a chance, saying Santa Monica have no experience in new emotional territory, but they are hyping up Gears of War 4 made by a small team of Kinect devs, and fell in love with the emotional Tomorrow commercial ("awww der is my Dadddy Markus!"). And they pretend to hate cinematic gaming, but in April 2016 and all before that, were hyping up Quantum Break with OBSCENE amounts of cutscenes and resting controllers. You paid $60 for that thing you said you hate.

Any gamer who can't explain away their own hypocritical actions (and keep forgetting they've committed them) must have a broken brain. Oh look, they are all around here.

Okay folks, you heard it here first. The cinematic walking no gameplay and ever so predictable emotional cliche is so CREATIVE. Next you will here that free camera is the most innovative and creative thing done in Hack n Slash.

nathanbats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#326 nathanbats

@zeeshanhaider: some parts were downgraded and other were not downgraded and I'm not angry,I'm calm and loved the game

nathanbats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#327 nathanbats

@GarGx1: it's ps4 exclusive

skektek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#328  Edited By skektek
Member since 2004 • 6530 Posts

Granted the later entries aren't as good as the first and GOW suffers from Matrix-syndrome where it blows its load in the first installment and leaves nothing else that could possibly compare to the initial mindfuck. That being said GOW is one of the greatest narratives in gaming. Kratos was duped into slaughtering his own family and by the end of the first game killing Ares wasn't just a game objective, you actually wanted to kill him. A mortal man fights his way out of hell to kill the gods; you don't get anymore badass than that.

I welcome a more intimate and complex Kratos. It seems like the next logical direction.

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#329 zeeshanhaider

@nathanbats said:

@zeeshanhaider: some parts were downgraded and other were not downgraded and I'm not angry,I'm calm and loved the game

Nope. I believe my own eyes and DF over a random cow anyday.

@speak_low said:

This guy still crying after I rekt him. The fool worshipped some Reddit dipshit talking about Morpheus.

Go hyperbolic somewhere else. Your posts are garbage.

Oh, is that addressed to me? Oh yes, it is. It's just that you don't have the guts to address me directly now. Thank you nathanbats for quoting me or I wouldn't have known that our good old speak_low has said something to me. :D

By the way, that 'rekt' part was so awesome. Did you dream it or made it up? :P POint me to the post where you 'rekt' me and while you are at it also tell me how do you think Sony is breaking new creative ground with all the upcoming lineup. My popcorn is ready.

nathanbats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#330 nathanbats

@zeeshanhaider: believe what you want