Revengeance Demo sh1tting on Ninja Theory left, right, and center.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Some-Mist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#301 Some-Mist
Member since 2009 • 5631 Posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=o7r_eYookBg

Weapon swicting guys.

Also, if you enter blade mode at the end of a rocket fire, assuming you have two or more rockets, Raiden never reloads so he has infinite missles

OneSanitarium
weapon switching makes me happy - tho I expected it to be part of the combat system. honestly the best thing that was ever implemented in the genre.
OneSanitarium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#302 OneSanitarium
Member since 2009 • 6959 Posts

You can walk in blade mode if you click L3 then move the stick slightly forward.

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#304 ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

[QUOTE="ReadingRainbow4"]

In this case the change was a regression.CajunShooter

Doesn't really matter. If you are a person that is gonna whine about every little change to something that is familiar with you then you better lock yourself indoors and cut your self off from all society because whether you like it or not things change. Life is to short to get upset over something as silly as DMC.

I think you misunderstand me, I'm simply providing criticism which in itself is not a bad thing especially when it is constructive.

I don't dislike the game entirely because Dante is different, It's the changes in gameplay that disappoint me.

I'm not physically upset over this or emotionally destraught, just because someone doesn't like something and provides criticism about it doesn't mean they hate all change.

FrozenLiquid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#305 FrozenLiquid
Member since 2007 • 13555 Posts

TC if you are going to hate on the new DMC, you best STFU and GTFO!!

megaspiderweb09
Agreed. Stupid biased salty new York TC
jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#306 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts
Way better than bum ass New Zealand. Thanks for punishing us with that pleb Peter Jackson. God damn twits.
FrozenLiquid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#307 FrozenLiquid
Member since 2007 • 13555 Posts
Way better than bum ass New Zealand. Thanks for punishing us with that pleb Peter Jackson. God damn twits. jg4xchamp
tumblr_lsujik1mkz1r4vc5no1_500.gif
jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#308 jg4xchamp
I'm sorry you were punished so hard by your lord and savior. Letting you be born in Australia's version of Canada.
DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#309 DarkLink77
Member since 2004 • 32731 Posts
[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"]Way better than bum ass New Zealand. Thanks for punishing us with that pleb Peter Jackson. God damn twits. FrozenLiquid
tumblr_lsujik1mkz1r4vc5no1_500.gif

He is that big of a pleb, though. You can't deny. I mean, f*ck.
OneSanitarium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#310 OneSanitarium

lol, thought this was funny.

[spoiler]

raiden_vs_dante.jpg

[/spoiler]

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#311 ReadingRainbow4

lol, thought this was funny.

[spoiler]

raiden_vs_dante.jpg

[/spoiler]

OneSanitarium

That's just brilliant. :lol:

Valiant_Rebel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#312 Valiant_Rebel
Member since 2009 • 4197 Posts

I'm going to hold out for a PC version since they haven't denied it yet. I'm hoping the code is open so I can mess around with stuff after I beat it. If it doesn't happen, the console version may be cheaper by then, so it's still win-win either way.

GD1551

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#313 GD1551
Member since 2011 • 9645 Posts

Gotta love the rating system for this, all it boils down to is spamming blade mode for as long as you can. At least the boss fight wasn't like that (somewhat) but the rest of it was fail. It's hard getting S on the first 3 guys because

1. They die so fast

2. You have to spam blade mode to the point of framerate issues

3. I even reached the point where the PS3 froze at around a 160 hit combo.

img00021201301252235.jpg

I mean really? They just want me to isolate each guy and spam blade mode to get the S?

rjdofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#314 rjdofu
Member since 2008 • 9171 Posts

In this case the change was a regression.CajunShooter

Doesn't really matter. If you are a person that is gonna whine about every little change to something that is familiar with you then you better lock yourself indoors and cut your self off from all society because whether you like it or not things change. Life is to short to get upset over something as silly as DMC.

You need to get off your high horse.
AdrianWerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#315 AdrianWerner
Member since 2003 • 28441 Posts

Most of the impressions I've seen so far point to DmC being better game and MGR being destroyed by terrible controls and camera.

OneSanitarium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#316 OneSanitarium

Gotta love the rating system for this, all it boils down to is spamming blade mode for as long as you can. At least the boss fight wasn't like that (somewhat) but the rest of it was fail. It's hard getting S on the first 3 guys because

1. They die so fast

2. You have to spam blade mode to the point of framerate issues

3. I even reached the point where the PS3 froze at around a 160 hit combo.

I mean really? They just want me to isolate each guy and spam blade mode to get the S?

GD1551

Obviously not if you didn't get an S like that. The mission probably changes in the full game, since you need to get a zandetsu on all three of the guys. It IS silly hard to get an S though.

And from what I can tell, doing a ton of hits in blade mode doesn't really help that much. After just a few hits you usually get the +1000 rating, so you don't need to go into the massively high numbers.

Some-Mist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#317 Some-Mist

Weapon swicting guys.

Also, if you enter blade mode at the end of a rocket fire, assuming you have two or more rockets, Raiden never reloads so he has infinite missles

OneSanitarium
and now there's a new trailer displaying the weapon switching mechanic :) godlike
GD1551

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#318 GD1551

Obviously not if you didn't get an S like that. The mission probably changes in the full game, since you need to get a zandetsu on all three of the guys. It IS silly hard to get an S though.

And from what I can tell, doing a ton of hits in blade mode doesn't really help that much. After just a few hits you usually get the +1000 rating, so you don't need to go into the massively high numbers.

OneSanitarium

I eventually got S doing that actually, I got S in the whole thing long ago, I was just trying to gauge the scoring system that last playthrough. I'm also not sure why they are forcing people to pull out the spines as part of the scoring system, seems extremely silly considering they give full health.. I'd think the less spines the better..

Razor_defiace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#319 Razor_defiace
Member since 2004 • 1618 Posts

[QUOTE="OneSanitarium"]

Weapon swicting guys.

Some-Mist

and now there's a new trailer displaying the weapon switching mechanic :) godlike

Looks really great. I also heard there will be a weapon similar to the wooden blade from Ninja Gaiden, for a no kill run.

Thefatness16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#321 Thefatness16
Member since 2010 • 4673 Posts

ibfILjkUrGwiDH.gif

i1L7TcCIfe1rb.gif

iX7yJgT6ELMF9.gif.

Ilovegames1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#322 Ilovegames1992
Member since 2010 • 14221 Posts

Anarchy Reigns is better than Revengeance.

Also, Kung Fu Chaos is fuking awesome.

handssss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#323 handssss
Member since 2013 • 1907 Posts

So i played this game and HOLY COW the frame rate is high for a console game and that DOG boss battle is ridiculous, i eventually gave up. The parry system isnt effective and why cant this NINJA dash/dodge despite all the muscles he has but overall it was a positive experience, looking forward

megaspiderweb09
first time playing the demo, i lost like 8 times to the dog before just barely beating it. last time i played, i beat it in 1 attempt with most of my health left (even if i did kinda replenish my health multilple times during the fight this time) the parry system takes getting used to, but once you get the hang of it, you will be able to block most attacks. maybe all of them, but i was still gettin hit by some stuff. probably my fault tho
speedfog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#324 speedfog
Member since 2009 • 4966 Posts

It sucks compared to Bayonetta, can't wait for Bayonetta 2.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#326 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

The parry system is pretty bad in this game and the so called "stealth" is even worse unless it changes in the full game. Don't get me wrong there was some fun parts but the bad parry system,bad stealth,bad dialogue,bad tutorial and bad character animations will probably hinder my full enjoyment of the game.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#327 jg4xchamp

Most of the impressions I've seen so far point to DmC being better game and MGR being destroyed by terrible controls and camera.

AdrianWerner

Based on who?

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#328 ReadingRainbow4

I played both demos earlier tonight and had fun with both, but I liked DMC a little better. getyeryayasout

If you really want to play DMC, I suggest renting it as the game is short and disappointing. especially if you have become accustomed to the combat of 3 and 4.

I just popped 3 in again last night, and everything flows so damn well even still, there was no reason to remove lock on, I prefered using my control sticks to do combo's more than holding down L2, R2.

naruske101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#329 naruske101
Member since 2007 • 1062 Posts

I didn't like it at all compared to bayonetta god of war and even DMC it felt bad

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#331 ReadingRainbow4

[QUOTE="getyeryayasout"] I played both demos earlier tonight and had fun with both, but I liked DMC a little better. getyeryayasout

If you really want to play DMC, I suggest renting it as the game is short and disappointing. especially if you have become accustomed to the combat of 3 and 4.

I just popped 3 in again last night, and everything flows so damn well even still, there was no reason to remove lock on, I prefered using my control sticks to do combo's more than holding down L2, R2.

Thanks for the heads up. DMC was always going to be a rental for me. I still haven't finished DMC 4, maybe I'll just dust that off instead. :)

The worst part is that it contains the least amount of combat in the series yet, there are long stretches of nothing but the extremely boring platforming.

that and getting used to using every damn button on the controller is something I really dislike, I'm just not used to having to use my triggers constantly unless it's a shooter, personal preference I guess.

rjdofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#332 rjdofu

The parry system is pretty bad in this game and the so called "stealth" is even worse unless it changes in the full game. Don't get me wrong there was some fun parts but the bad parry system,bad stealth,bad dialogue,bad tutorial and bad character animations will probably hinder my full enjoyment of the game.

Ballroompirate

I agree that the stealth is mediocre at best, mostly because of the stupid AI. But how bad is the parry system? I got the hang of it after about 5 seconds into the demo, it basically the moon of mahaakalaa in Bayonetta.

rjdofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#333 rjdofu
[QUOTE="OneSanitarium"]

Weapon swicting guys.

Some-Mist

Amazing! Seems to be lots of weapons and upgrade in this game, and LOL authentic civilian disguise.
GD1551

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#334 GD1551

AdrianWerner

That's because it is a superior game. MGR's camera is too close and the scoring system is whack, the stealth is whack and the game is pretty easy, the controls are fine though but it's not really traditional stuff.

Some-Mist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#335 Some-Mist

[QUOTE="AdrianWerner"]

GD1551

That's because it is a superior game. MGR's camera is too close and the scoring system is whack, the stealth is whack and the game is pretty easy, the controls are fine though but it's not really traditional stuff.

you've played the full game? I wish I could get it this early :(
GD1551

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#336 GD1551

[QUOTE="GD1551"]

[QUOTE="AdrianWerner"]

Some-Mist

I don't see why it's an issue, will the full game change the issues here?

lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 65

#337 lightleggy
Member since 2008 • 16090 Posts

[QUOTE="Gue1"]

battle system is not even half as deep as DMC3-DMC4 but at least it still got dat Japanese flair even if they ruined the Metal Gear story in the process. PG should have let KojiPro handle the story and make the game less over the top.That way the game would have feel more like a Metal Gear game instead of Vanquish with swords and Kamen Riders.

Yangire

Why would you want the game less over the top? As a spin-off it doesn't have to be like the main MGS games.

Because too over the top= too cheesy. most of the people who disliked bayonetta did so because it was extremely cheesy.
OneSanitarium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#338 OneSanitarium

[QUOTE="GD1551"]

Some-Mist

He's just being silly as always.

Some-Mist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#340 Some-Mist

[QUOTE="Some-Mist"][QUOTE="GD1551"]

GD1551

I don't see why it's an issue, will the full game change the issues here?

I would think at least the easy aspect would change since hard mode won't be locked like it is the demo. But then again, you said bayonetta wasn't hard even though you didn't play it on non-stop infinite climax... so I guess it wouldn't change for you.
GD1551

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#341 GD1551

I would think at least the easy aspect would change since hard mode won't be locked like it is the demo. But then again, you said bayonetta wasn't hard even though you didn't play it on non-stop infinite climax... so I guess it wouldn't change for you.Some-Mist

I said bayonetta on hard wasn't hard, big difference and I can agree with you on that point, but how about the rest of them? That weapon trailer didn't get my excited since it seemed like everything was just blades but each had a special function, so most of the combos are going to be the same.

Some-Mist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#343 Some-Mist

[QUOTE="Some-Mist"]

I would think at least the easy aspect would change since hard mode won't be locked like it is the demo. But then again, you said bayonetta wasn't hard even though you didn't play it on non-stop infinite climax... so I guess it wouldn't change for you.GD1551

I said bayonetta on hard wasn't hard, big difference and I can agree with you on that point, but how about the rest of them? That weapon trailer didn't get my excited since it seemed like everything was just blades but each had a special function, so most of the combos are going to be the same.

you would play a game based on hack-n-slash mechanics for the "stealth" mechanics? I guess that was a good point in your original post. the stealth mechanics in ninja gaiden blow this away by far.

and how are the controls not being "traditional" a bad thing? it's something different that you'll have to relearn and not rely on past muscle memory to complete (even though you already see it as easy). then again, I can see this being an issue if you just want your skills from previous games in the genre to carry over. but then again, might as well stick to rehashes if this is a problem.
GD1551

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#344 GD1551

[QUOTE="GD1551"]

[QUOTE="Some-Mist"]

I would think at least the easy aspect would change since hard mode won't be locked like it is the demo. But then again, you said bayonetta wasn't hard even though you didn't play it on non-stop infinite climax... so I guess it wouldn't change for you.Some-Mist

you would play a game based on hack-n-slash mechanics for the "stealth" mechanics? I guess that was a good point in your original post. the stealth mechanics in ninja gaiden blow this away by far.

and how are the controls not being "traditional" a bad thing? it's something different that you'll have to relearn and not rely on past muscle memory to complete (even though you already see it as easy). then again, I can see this being an issue if you just want your skills from previous games in the genre to carry over. but then again, might as well stick to rehashes if this is a problem.

The stealth system is part of the game, of course I'm going to comment on it.

I never complained about the controls, I said they were fine.

My other major complaints were about the grading system and the camera being too close.

Some-Mist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#345 Some-Mist

[QUOTE="Some-Mist"][QUOTE="GD1551"]

GD1551

The stealth system is part of the game, of course I'm going to comment on it.

I never complained about the controls, I said they were fine.

My other major complaints were about the grading system and the camera being too close.

and those are issues, but you stated that "the controls are fine though but it's not really traditional stuff." If the controls were more "traditional" would it make the game better? I don't get why you stated that or what in your original comment?
jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#346 jg4xchamp

I actually would question what was so bad about the "stealth" in the demo. It was basic, and I don't see them doing anything elaborate with it. From a demo standpoint all it really was for the player to survey the area, and then act accordingly. It seems like a very basic change of pace thing between straight up running in and slicing everything. If they do anything more elaborate with it I can see it being an issue. As you don't really have the ability to do you know get behind cover, lean, and all that stuff.

The multiple weapons being straight up blades might be an issue if there aren't some differences, because then you end up with a God of War 3 scenario. Where you essentially have 3 variants of the same weapon. The controls I person would argue are fine. A quick adjustment period is needed, and then it's smooth sailing. The combat is fluid, and most of the inputs are natural with the rest of your inputs.

Camera I'm iffy on. Nothing in the demo made the closeness of that camera much of an issue, but...the same happened with the NG2 demo.

GD1551

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#347 GD1551

img00024201301261309.jpg

I really hate how I have to spam blade mode to get the 1k in combo... like what is the threshold for that? Is it random? Addtionally BM cancelling makes that dog die fast as hell, especially since you can throw him in the air or incase you do an incorrect input and get something with a slow animation and he's about to attack.

GD1551

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#348 GD1551

and those are issues, but you stated that "the controls are fine though but it's not really traditional stuff." If the controls were more "traditional" would it make the game better? I don't get why you stated that or what in your original comment? Some-Mist

It was aimed at adrianwerner's post specifically since he said he heard the controls were bad.

Some-Mist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#349 Some-Mist

I actually would question what was so bad about the "stealth" in the demo. It was basic, and I don't see them doing anything elaborate with it. From a demo standpoint all it really was for the player to survey the area, and then act accordingly. It seems like a very basic change of pace thing between straight up running in and slicing everything. If they do anything more elaborate with it I can see it being an issue. As you don't really have the ability to do you know get behind cover, lean, and all that stuff.

The multiple weapons being straight up blades might be an issue if there aren't some differences, because then you end up with a God of War 3 scenario. Where you essentially have 3 variants of the same weapon. The controls I person would argue are fine. A quick adjustment period is needed, and then it's smooth sailing. The combat is fluid, and most of the inputs are natural with the rest of your inputs.

Camera I'm iffy on. Nothing in the demo made the closeness of that camera much of an issue, but...the same happened with the NG2 demo.

jg4xchamp
of course the stealth isn't bad if you're not comparing it to actual stealth games like thief, splinter cell, or metal gear.

I think it's nice how they approach the genre differently, as opposed to your usual ninja gaiden, devil may cry, bayonetta, god of war games run-n-attack. Adding stealth as another element just adds another option to the genre. If you're not holding it up to the standards of the actual stealth genre, it's not too shabby.

I also didn't have an issue with the camera - tho I can see why other players might.
OneSanitarium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#350 OneSanitarium

The threshold is really small. Spamming blade mode doesn't really net you any more score, and IIRC you only need 4k points for an S in that area.

You only need 40 some hits for the +1000, which isn't hard to just casually do against 5 different enemies.

edit: Nope, it's 5k, but you can do that without getting the +1000 from the hits as long as you no damage it.