Revengeance Demo sh1tting on Ninja Theory left, right, and center.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Thefatness16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#352 Thefatness16
Member since 2010 • 4673 Posts

It's been a week, so I finally get to play this.

Thefatness16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#353 Thefatness16

Alright, I just got done with the demo, and the game feels fantastic. I really like how the combat has a weighted feel, but still very responsive. I didn't have much problems with the camera, since there's lock on.

I need to get better with blade mode though. I struggled cut precisely, so I just said f*ck it, and started slicing randomly. I ended up with a B Grade on the boss.

I cannot wait for this game!

naruske101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#354 naruske101
Member since 2007 • 1062 Posts

also why is the amera so close to raiden can't see anything coming from behind

OneSanitarium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#355 OneSanitarium
Member since 2009 • 6959 Posts

Alright, I just got done with the demo, and the game feels fantastic. I really like how the combat has a weighted feel, but still very responsive. I didn't have much problems with the camera, since there's lock on.

I need to get better with blade mode though. I struggled cut precisely, so I just said f*ck it, and started slicing randomly. I ended up with a B Grade on the boss.

Thefatness16

You can press Square or Triangle (if you have 360 I don't know the conversions) in blade mode to get slices that are almost completely vertical or horizontal respectively.

It's useful for when you just want one cut to get the spines.

Thefatness16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#356 Thefatness16

[QUOTE="Thefatness16"]

OneSanitarium

You can press Square or Triangle (if you have 360 I don't know the conversions) in blade mode to get slices that are almost completely vertical or horizontal respectively.

The slicing isn't the problem for me. Lining them up is. I Just gotta play the demo some more, to get the hang of it.

BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#357 BPoole96
Member since 2008 • 22818 Posts

[QUOTE="OneSanitarium"]

[QUOTE="Thefatness16"]

Thefatness16

The slicing isn't the problem for me. Lining them up is. I Just gotta play the demo some more, to get the hang of it.

I had the tendency to keep holding the left analog forward which was making blade mode much more difficult since I was moving. Once I stopped that I could do it accurately.

rjdofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#358 rjdofu
Member since 2008 • 9171 Posts

I actually would question what was so bad about the "stealth" in the demo. It was basic, and I don't see them doing anything elaborate with it. From a demo standpoint all it really was for the player to survey the area, and then act accordingly. It seems like a very basic change of pace thing between straight up running in and slicing everything. If they do anything more elaborate with it I can see it being an issue. As you don't really have the ability to do you know get behind cover, lean, and all that stuff.

The multiple weapons being straight up blades might be an issue if there aren't some differences, because then you end up with a God of War 3 scenario. Where you essentially have 3 variants of the same weapon. The controls I person would argue are fine. A quick adjustment period is needed, and then it's smooth sailing. The combat is fluid, and most of the inputs are natural with the rest of your inputs.

Camera I'm iffy on. Nothing in the demo made the closeness of that camera much of an issue, but...the same happened with the NG2 demo.

jg4xchamp

It just says 7 blades, doesn't mean there're only blades in the game, we know that he can use staff as well, there maybe even some staff variations. Because the combos in this game is pretty simple (not requiring button combination), so most of the difference will be based on weapons characteristic + animation, probably a few more combinations.

The stealth mechanic is very basic, and was OK in this demo (it'll get better in the final game as some trailers suggests, by how much I don't know); however, the AI is bad, sometimes you can even run pass them and not be noticed, or enemy ignoring noise & corpse (probably just a glitch, but it shouldn't be there in the final game); even if it's an extra feature, it should be done as well as possible.

I'm used to NG2 camera, that game's camera is even sh!ttier than this.

OneSanitarium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#359 OneSanitarium

It just says 7 blades, doesn't mean there're only blades in the game, we know that he can use staff as well, there maybe even some staff variations. Because the combos in this game is pretty simple (not requiring button combination), so most of the difference will be based on weapons characteristic + animation, probably a few more combinations. The stealth mechanic is very basic, and was OK in this demo; however, the AI is bad, sometimes you can even run pass them and not be noticed, or enemy ignoring noise & corpse (probably just a glitch, but it shouldn't be there in the final game); even if it's an extra feature, it should be done as good as possible. I'm used to NG2 camera, that game's camera is even sh!ttier than this.rjdofu

If you look at more recent footage, the camera is a bit further back/better in the final version of the game.

rjdofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#360 rjdofu

[QUOTE="rjdofu"]It just says 7 blades, doesn't mean there're only blades in the game, we know that he can use staff as well, there maybe even some staff variations. Because the combos in this game is pretty simple (not requiring button combination), so most of the difference will be based on weapons characteristic + animation, probably a few more combinations. The stealth mechanic is very basic, and was OK in this demo; however, the AI is bad, sometimes you can even run pass them and not be noticed, or enemy ignoring noise & corpse (probably just a glitch, but it shouldn't be there in the final game); even if it's an extra feature, it should be done as good as possible. I'm used to NG2 camera, that game's camera is even sh!ttier than this.OneSanitarium

If you look at more recent footage, the camera is a bit further back/better in the final version of the game.

It's all good then.
OneSanitarium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#361 OneSanitarium

"And what if they parry counter that? Then parry counter their parry counter of you parry counter of their parry counter of your parry counter!!"

http://platinumgames.com/2013/01/30/parrying-the-blade-mode/

rjdofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#362 rjdofu

"And what if they parry counter that? Then parry counter their parry counter of you parry counter of their parry counter of your parry counter!!"

http://platinumgames.com/2013/01/30/parrying-the-blade-mode/

OneSanitarium
Hopefully no small fry would jump and interrupt the parry counter of their parry counter of you parry counter of their parry counter of your parry counter, I'd be pissed lol. Also, that'd get repetitive quick.
jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#363 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts
That sounds like it's gonna be a little tiring in certain segments, but I do like that there are enemies that will counter your parry.
Thefatness16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#364 Thefatness16

F*ck yes, I finally S ranked that tw*t Blade Wolf. Only took me like 30 tries.

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#365 Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts

Thefatness16
Dat wolf.
OneSanitarium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#366 OneSanitarium

Stealth Trailer.

GD1551

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#367 GD1551
Member since 2011 • 9645 Posts

Thefatness16

:| why did it take so long?

Thefatness16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#368 Thefatness16

[QUOTE="Thefatness16"]

GD1551

I'm not good with Zandatsu. So I had to get it 4000 points on based on combo score, and the no damage bonus.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#369 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

Stealth Trailer.

OneSanitarium
lol cardboard box, forever timeless
Avatar image for Douevenlift_bro
Douevenlift_bro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#370 Douevenlift_bro
Member since 2013 • 6804 Posts

NT is crap at combat. no surprise here. DmC sucks a$$

Avatar image for Douevenlift_bro
Douevenlift_bro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#371 Douevenlift_bro
Member since 2013 • 6804 Posts

the new DMC is trash. Period. Ninja Gaiden (before 3), God of War, Bayonetta, and MG Revengence wipe the floor with that game. You people have such low standards. The enemies in DMC don't even fight back. Game is too easy (even DMC 3 on hardest) They just walk slowly towards you and throw a slow punch every 15 seconds. They're just there to build combos off of.

Back to the topic, Revengeance is amazing!

Rayne718

True, true.

rjdofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#372 rjdofu

[QUOTE="Thefatness16"]

GD1551

Because unlike you, he's not very good at it :|.