PSM gives Warhawk a 6.5 and Lair a 5.0!!!!!! WTF??????????

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Albanian_Killa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 Albanian_Killa
Member since 2007 • 1685 Posts
PSM was probably high. I've played Warhawk beta and it deserved an 8.5 (BETA WITH GLITCHES, NOT FINAL). We'll wait until GameSpot, IGN, and 1UP review it. Also it says OCT 07. WTF, it's August. It could be fake because Oct is months away.
-wii60-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102 -wii60-
Member since 2007 • 3287 Posts
Even their own kind dislike playstation games.
mrxb0x360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#103 mrxb0x360
Member since 2005 • 5253 Posts
:0 PSM is the next Jeff!
kingsy_the_one

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 kingsy_the_one
Member since 2003 • 4354 Posts

Oh yea, check out some of the fanboys replies on that page, there hilarious!

CB4McGusto

:lol: There's some good ones..
Dreams-Visions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 Dreams-Visions
Member since 2006 • 26578 Posts

PSM was probably high. I've played Warhawk beta and it deserved an 8.5 (BETA WITH GLITCHES, NOT FINAL). We'll wait until GameSpot, IGN, and 1UP review it. Also it says OCT 07. WTF, it's August. It could be fake because Oct is months away.Albanian_Killa
so a game without glitches automatically gets into elite 8.5 range scoring?

how about no. the game is not and was not 8.5-caliber gaming. sorry. you need to play some more flying games if you think Warhawk is 8.5-caliber work.

Dreams-Visions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 Dreams-Visions
Even their own kind dislike playstation games.-wii60-
sometimes you gotta call a spade a spade. but as unimpressed with the beta as I was, I'd still put it solidly between 7.0-7.5.
Albanian_Killa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 Albanian_Killa
Member since 2007 • 1685 Posts

[QUOTE="Albanian_Killa"]PSM was probably high. I've played Warhawk beta and it deserved an 8.5 (BETA WITH GLITCHES, NOT FINAL). We'll wait until GameSpot, IGN, and 1UP review it. Also it says OCT 07. WTF, it's August. It could be fake because Oct is months away.Dreams-Visions

how about no. the game is not and was not 8.5-caliber gaming. sorry. you need to play some more flying games if you think Warhawk is 8.5-caliber work.

You don't understand Warhawk then. Not my problem. Also, it's October 07. Is that what it says on the August/September edition? Whatever, a lot of people seem to love it. PSM seems to hate it because it's multiplayer only. They also judge this game on its $60 price when it's $40. $60 with a headset and Blu-Ray + Extras.

-wii60-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 -wii60-
Member since 2007 • 3287 Posts
[QUOTE="-wii60-"]Even their own kind dislike playstation games.Dreams-Visions
sometimes you gotta call a spade a spade. but as unimpressed with the beta as I was, I'd still put it solidly between 7.0-7.5.

Well i can't say anything about that game.,but if the guys from PSN didn't like the game,they most have a reason..
Verge_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 Verge_6
Member since 2007 • 20282 Posts
Factor 5 is dead. I will always you for giving me the first two Rogue Squandrons, but you are nothing to me now. I'm not sure whether I should be disgusted or hold a funeral service...
CajunShooter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 CajunShooter
Member since 2006 • 5276 Posts

PSM doesn't gloss things over, they normally tell it like it is. Thing is, if they give a good review most lems will dismiss it because it came from PSM. All of a sudden only the bad reviews count. I'm buying both games by the way.ragrdoll21

PSM has really gone downhill since everyone has been leaving the Mag. Ever since the old Editor-in-Chief Chris Slate left and the new one took over the mag has sucked. I can't wait for my subscription to run up so I can just get GameInformer.

The only review I really care about is IGN and second would be Gamespot, but I prefer IGN when making decisions about whether a game is worth it or not.

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#111 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts
[QUOTE="Bread_or_Decide"][QUOTE="nintendo-4life"][QUOTE="Bread_or_Decide"]

Good reviews on console specific mags = can't trust em.

Bad reviews from those same mags = trustworthy.

Funny stuff.

But wow...Lair is a confirmed flop. I don't even think we need to wait for the Gamespot review at this point.

I am shocked about Warhawk...but the lack of single player campaign always seemed to be a huge handicapp.

Bad news for my PS3. Heavenly Sword...oh please be good!!!!!

Meanwhile..Bioshock..here i come!

nintendo-4life

see what i mean about cows hyping anything and everything they see? ;)

How is hyping exclusives and first party titles "everything they see"?

Lair may turn out to be dung but I'll be damned if it wasn't a cool idea for a video game. At least they tried something new.

no no no, remember back when new lair screenshots arrived, everyone chanted "looks awesome" "looks great" "AAA for sure" etc. and i said that it looks ok but definitly not worth the hype AND the graphics are nothing special, and i said cows should stop hyping a game when it clearly shows it's bad, i've done it alot of times and i'm not ashamed of doing it (most recently soul caliber legends and Nights) yet you came in here and said stuff like hyping the game in my sig etc....

you remember now?

Nothing about Lair looked terrible. Heck even the bad reviews say the game looks gorgeous if nothing else. Nothing about lair was "clearly" bad. Until scores come out you really don't know and their are haters for every game and some hate on everything on a certain console, just because you throw darts at every target doesn't predict one particular target would get hit.

ragrdoll21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 ragrdoll21
Member since 2006 • 6048 Posts
[QUOTE="ragrdoll21"][QUOTE="Thanatos1337"][QUOTE="ragrdoll21"][QUOTE="Thanatos1337"]

You also have to keep in mind, because psm is associated with sony, they are probably overating these games.

Just keep waiting, just keep waiting, just keep waiting.

bloodychimp

PSM is NOT associated with Sony in any way, shape or form.....talking out of your butt FTL!:(

They rate playstation games, and they know that if they rate higher, it may encourage sales of sony products, and the sale of sony products drive the sale of that magazine.

I call that an association.

lol....How in the hell can the sell of Sony products help sell their Mag?Thats the dumbest conspiracy theory I've ever heard!Does PSM come packaged with every Sony game?:roll:

If more people own a Playstation, more people will be interested in a magazine about the Playstation. Its not that hard to figure out...

In theory yes, reality no.The time of the Game mag is coming to an end. Sites like GS,N4G,1up,hell even live and PSN is a much faster way to show off products(give out demo's ectect).Given a game a good score in a Mag doesn't have the same power as it use to.I've been reading Mags since I was in 6th grade(i'm 28 now).The reviews sell games theory use to be true but now you can see the game on youtube,gametrailers,GS,1up and you'll know if a reviewer is full of BS or not.I know i do.

gillri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 gillri
Member since 2004 • 5926 Posts
[QUOTE="gillri"][QUOTE="ragrdoll21"][QUOTE="gillri"][QUOTE="Thanatos1337"][QUOTE="ragrdoll21"][QUOTE="Thanatos1337"][QUOTE="ragrdoll21"][QUOTE="Thanatos1337"]

You also have to keep in mind, because psm is associated with sony, they are probably overating these games.

Just keep waiting, just keep waiting, just keep waiting.

ragrdoll21

PSM is NOT associated with Sony in any way, shape or form.....talking out of your butt FTL!:(

They rate playstation games, and they know that if they rate higher, it may encourage sales of sony products, and the sale of sony products drive the sale of that magazine.

I call that an association.

lol....How in the hell can the sell of Sony products help sell their Mag?Thats the dumbest conspiracy theory I've ever heard!Does PSM come packaged with every Sony game?:roll:

I guess I have to hold your hand while going through this......if sony sells more products, it means more people within the sony fanbase means more potential buyers of the magazine.

For example if sony's systems have sold 100 million, and M$'s systems have sold 10 million, which official magazine will sell better?

he's is right ragrdoll

So reviewing a game high will sell 100million consoles?Tell that to Ninja Gaiden,Halo1&2,Gears ectectect reviews don't sell consoles they sell games(maybe).

P.S. how many times are you going to edit that damn post?:lol:

oh come on ragrdoll you know it wouldnt sell 100 million consoles on its own, thats just kid-ology and you know it

but it definitely helps,

So in this "Mag sells consoles" world you live in,how many perfect scores do they need to give out to get the console to say.....umm.....50million?:roll:

no maybe 0.5% of total console sales can be attributed to over rated games my arguementative friend

trollop_scat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#114 trollop_scat
Member since 2006 • 2656 Posts
At this point I dont understand how anyone could still be a loyal Sony fanboi. They just keeping getting punted over and over and there's NEVER any good news for them. I know PS2 was great and all, but wake up cows you got RIPPED OFF this time around. Cut your losses now by selling that junker for a 360 with Bioshock and Gears of War. You'll thank me every day for the rest of your lives...
ragrdoll21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 ragrdoll21

[QUOTE="ragrdoll21"]PSM doesn't gloss things over, they normally tell it like it is. Thing is, if they give a good review most lems will dismiss it because it came from PSM. All of a sudden only the bad reviews count. I'm buying both games by the way.CajunShooter

PSM has really gone downhill since everyone has been leaving the Mag. Ever since the old Editor-in-Chief Chris Slate left and the new one took over the mag has sucked. I can't wait for my subscription to run up so I can just get GameInformer.

The only review I really care about is IGN and second would be Gamespot, but I prefer IGN when making decisions about whether a game is worth it or not.

I think I'm about done with all mags,I get them now and barely read them.:( I get most of the news here first!lol
Dreams-Visions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 Dreams-Visions
[QUOTE="Dreams-Visions"]

[QUOTE="Albanian_Killa"]PSM was probably high. I've played Warhawk beta and it deserved an 8.5 (BETA WITH GLITCHES, NOT FINAL). We'll wait until GameSpot, IGN, and 1UP review it. Also it says OCT 07. WTF, it's August. It could be fake because Oct is months away.Albanian_Killa

You don't understand Warhawk then. Not my problem. Also, it's October 07. Is that what it says on the August/September edition? Whatever, a lot of people seem to love it. PSM seems to hate it because it's multiplayer only. They also judge this game on its $60 price when it's $40. $60 with a headset and Blu-Ray + Extras.

I don't "understand" warhawk? is that a joke? it's not an 8.5 game, bro...but when the rest of the reviews roll in that echo my scoring range (or maybe even lower), I guess you'll suggest that nobody understands the game but you and some of the other beta testers who were in love with the game, right? except that there were plenty of other beta testers including myself that felt the game was solid, but not 8.5 solid. no way in hell an objective mind can look at this game relative to other games and say this is an 8.5 title. some of the beta testers were in love with the game because they felt special (the psychology of being in the beta at all made people more "half full" than "half empty" by default, giving them rosy glasses, IMO).

but whatever. it can be 8.5 to you. I have a few games that scored less than 8.0 that I love to this day. they got the score they deserved but I enjoyed them greatly nonetheless. I'll be getting Warhawk for less, so it's all good.

Bullets4Brains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 Bullets4Brains
Member since 2007 • 504 Posts
I never understood the hype for these two games, or Heavenly sword. I'm not surprised by these scores one bit. To me they are hyped because PS3 lacks games, no other reason. I've seen nothing to make me interested since day one. The same goes for most PS3 games if I'm being honest, only MGS4 has perked my interest.
hongkingkong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#118 hongkingkong
Member since 2006 • 9368 Posts

:|

:lol:

MegaPigeon

I was like that when i saw the words "wishy washy" :lol: *chuckle*

ragrdoll21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 ragrdoll21
At this point I dont understand how anyone could still be a loyal Sony fanboi. They just keeping getting punted over and over and there's NEVER any good news for them. I know PS2 was great and all, but wake up cows you got RIPPED OFF this time around. Cut your losses now by selling that junker for a 360 with Bioshock and Gears of War. You'll thank me every day for the rest of your lives...trollop_scat
You know what,for a 360 owner to call the PS3 a "junker",is like acrackhead calling a coffee drinker a drug addict.
Dreams-Visions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 Dreams-Visions
I never understood the hype for these two games, or Heavenly sword. I'm not surprised by these scores one bit. To me they are hyped because PS3 lacks games, no other reason. Bullets4Brains
I can't disagree. Lair always looked beautiful, but the gameplay and fun always seemed to lack. framerates were always a big question mark as well. Warhawk...I became concerned when they mixed in the ground combat. I think it took the game in the wrong direction, personally. Heavenly Sword, however, will deliver at least an 8.0. probably an 8.5 (that's my guess). of course, the jury is out on how reviewers will score its gameplay/controls, and if they'll penalize it for its framerate.
CFFAguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 CFFAguy
Member since 2005 • 943 Posts
God i hate M$.
ragrdoll21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 ragrdoll21
[QUOTE CFFauy=]God i hate M$.

Don't bring that crap in here!:P
Freshprince221

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 Freshprince221
Member since 2005 • 624 Posts

I SEE CONSPIRACY!!!!!!111!ONE

no way can these games get that low of a score. Warhawk beta players said it was one of the best expiriences. as for lair a 7 would been my lowest expectation.

GO TO THE PSM WEBSITE!

3picuri3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 3picuri3
Member since 2006 • 9618 Posts
heh, told all you cows that warhawk and lair were bunk.. and people were really hyping warhawk as 'teh best online game'... at least the PSM writers are starting to shake the delusion. kinda makes me feel a bit better about selling my PS3 yesterday, heh.
Dreams-Visions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 Dreams-Visions

God i hate M$.
ad hominem fallacy.

don't even go there. that's like saying EA's future PS3 games will suck because Peter Moore is an Exec there. Conspiracy theories = fail. Ad hominem fallacies - fail. :|

cyprus646

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#126 cyprus646
Member since 2004 • 4070 Posts

Bu Buh teh biased 1!1!!!11 :lol: :lol: even PSM is flopping rougue squadron with dragons and HS lemme recreate a cow response to this obvious flopping lol

Cow: I dont trust PSM anyways there so biased ill wait for teh GS score because thats all that counts....:|......:lol:

3picuri3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 3picuri3

no way can these games get that low of a score. Warhawk beta players said it was one of the best expiriences. as for lair a 7 would been my lowest expectation.

GO TO THE PSM WEBSITE!

Freshprince221

every beta tester likes to think they've made the game teh BESTEST. in truth warhawk is subpar to games that have been out for PC for over 3 years.

Verge_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 Verge_6
Member since 2007 • 20282 Posts

[QUOTE=""]God i hate M$.Dreams-Visions

ad hominem fallacy.

don't even go there. that's like saying EA's future PS3 games will suck because Peter Moore is an Exec there. Conspiracy theories = fail. Ad hominem fallacies - fail. :|

Go easy on him, no big words.

dhjohns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 dhjohns
Member since 2003 • 5105 Posts

God i hate M$.

:lol: When all else fails, cry conspiracy! I was waiting for this BS to happen, at least it didn't happen until pg. 13.

Dreams-Visions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 Dreams-Visions

GO TO THE PSM WEBSITE!

Freshprince221

I was a warhawk beta player. it was not one of the best experiences.

Dreams-Visions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 Dreams-Visions
[QUOTE="Dreams-Visions"]

[QUOTE=""]God i hate M$.Verge_6

ad hominem fallacy.

lol sorry. hope he reads through that link, though. :P

joeychew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 joeychew
Member since 2003 • 4580 Posts
wtf...is this for real. Cant believe lair to get 5.0.
PoppaLemming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 PoppaLemming
Member since 2007 • 653 Posts

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

The funniest thing about this post is how cows are NOW saying PSM isn't credible. But before these reviews they have argued for it's credibility for years :lol:

rockydog1111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#134 rockydog1111
Member since 2006 • 2079 Posts
Its not on the PSM website and the date on the actual scan is shows October. Something smells fishy.
snorlaxmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#135 snorlaxmaster
Member since 2005 • 1490 Posts
I am still getting it......i waited this long for it i don't care what reviews it got. Still sad, i was hoping for a much better game. *puts what hype was left on HS* :(
Dreams-Visions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 Dreams-Visions
wtf...is this for real. Cant believe lair to get 5.0.joeychew
did you see the EGM score? they gave it something similar, as I recall.
OGTiago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#137 OGTiago
Member since 2005 • 6546 Posts

:|

:lol:

MegaPigeon
lulz
Dreams-Visions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 Dreams-Visions

Its not on the PSM website and the date on the actual scan is shows October. Something smells fishy.rockydog1111

think so? I'd assume the October editions of magazines will start hitting homes between now and the beginning of September, no? has PSM come out and said it's a fake yet? maybe someone should e-mail it to them, so that if it's a fake they can officially address it.

A-LEGEND

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 A-LEGEND
Member since 2006 • 1668 Posts
i guess now that the cows don have any confidence in numbers to swarm your post til its "wrong", it would bea good tiem to say that lair is one UGLY looking game technicaly and artisticaly. so much for your PS3
cyprus646

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#140 cyprus646
Member since 2004 • 4070 Posts
It's funny reading all the cow responses in the thread you posted :lol:
ragrdoll21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 ragrdoll21

[QUOTE="rockydog1111"]Its not on the PSM website and the date on the actual scan is shows October. Something smells fishy.Dreams-Visions

think so? I'd assume the October editions of magazines will start hitting homes between now and the beginning of September, no? has PSM come out and said it's a fake yet? maybe someone should e-mail it to them, so that if it's a fake they can officially address it.

If it was fake,we'ed know by now.
rockydog1111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 rockydog1111
True Im good either way. Not overly excited for the game or anything just thought it was weird. I am good for a good month or 2 between Bioshock, Halo3, and Heavenly Sword.
Dreams-Visions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 Dreams-Visions

okay, I looked at that review picture. It's definitely legit...and the part I read echoed my sentiments about the game. I still would have given it a 7.0 at least. but it is what it is.

mediocre.

and the guy who made the thread...he has almost 1,000 posts on that site. gives him enough cedibility, IMO. especially when you add in the scan.

Dreams-Visions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 Dreams-Visions
[QUOTE="Dreams-Visions"]

[QUOTE="rockydog1111"]Its not on the PSM website and the date on the actual scan is shows October. Something smells fishy.ragrdoll21

If it was fake,we'ed know by now.

not necessarially. not if it was breaking news. but yea, after looking at it, I couldn't have agreed more with their impression.

deviates1080

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 deviates1080
Member since 2006 • 1926 Posts
[QUOTE="deviates1080"][QUOTE="ragrdoll21"][QUOTE="deviates1080"][QUOTE="ragrdoll21"][QUOTE="deviates1080"]

So even when a Playstation magazine gives them bad reviews they are being called 'biased' or bad reviews by the PS3 owners? lol, hilarious.

ragrdoll21

Where in this thread is anyone saying they are biased?Show me.....troll.

Nice over reaction, check the other thread.

Well go post there!

I would, but I wouldn't want to run the risk of running into a bunch of idiots or just one idiot who might misunderstand my post and start talking rubbish.

Why would you make a comment in one thread abouta poste in another thread and not explain?You didn't think that some one would miss interpet it?You should leave,you're making this thread stink of BS!

Considering there is a link to another thread in the original post, and no one saying the magazines are biased here it's pretty self explanatory. If i were to comment on someone on this thread I would have quoted them. Oh and I'm making this thread stink of BS? I think you're doing a pretty good job of that on your own mate.

Dreams-Visions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 Dreams-Visions
This mag gave Calling All Cars an 8. it was a 6 or 7 at best. go figure. lolz.
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#147 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
:lol: @ Warhawk

Yeah... AAA GOTY... right.
rockydog1111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 rockydog1111
Hey Dreams do you have a review or any thoughts you could tell me about the game? I have seen you around a lot and though you lean towards 360, you seem very honest with your thoughts on games.
3picuri3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 3picuri3
[QUOTE="Verge_6"][QUOTE="Dreams-Visions"]

[QUOTE=""]God i hate M$.Dreams-Visions

ad hominem fallacy.

lol sorry. hope he reads through that link, though. :P

i dunno man, you can't hide behind ad hominem, and to be honest you use it in a very ironic manner sometimes. that's all i'll say, i don't want to get in to an argument about it (as i support you) but you are really using it in a stretch here.

ad hominem is best applied when you're IN an argument and someone starts attacking your person instead of the matter at hand. in this instance there is a real world connection between the reviewer and a former competing employer - bringing that up isn't ad hominem unless you consider his review to be an argument, and the valid point that he was a former xbox affiliate employee to be a personal attack and not a valid critique or concern. IF they had said that the reviewer was 'smelly, and sucked at writing, and was a big big doodoo head' then we'd have a case of ad hominem. hope i made things a bit clearer.

anyways, my main point -- which i think i've proven.. is that it's a stretch to try to call ad hominem on this. and my last point is that you really shouldn't abuse terms like ad hominem in a blanket sense like you sometimes do :)

ISA_Scum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 ISA_Scum
Member since 2007 • 350 Posts

Warhawk is a buy. Lair deserves the 5.0 cause of a broken control scheme.

Personally, based on user scores and the fact that it's multi-only, a 6.5-7.5 score for Warhawk from critics I consider to be good. But let's all just wait for the GS review shall we?