PSM gives Warhawk a 6.5 and Lair a 5.0!!!!!! WTF??????????

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ragrdoll21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 ragrdoll21
Member since 2006 • 6048 Posts

So even when a Playstation magazine gives them bad reviews they are being called 'biased' or bad reviews by the PS3 owners? lol, hilarious.

deviates1080
Where in this thread is anyone saying they are biased?Show me.....troll.
musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#52 musicalmac  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25098 Posts
This is somewhat surprising. At the same time, though, it's not at all. But it does worry me. One review site (unable to remember linky, my apologies) gave GRAW2, Lair, and Heavenly Sword all 8s... Does that not worry anyone else? Just a little? (Correct me if I'm wrong- my memory, he is sketchy with a headache)
Kestastrophe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 Kestastrophe
Member since 2005 • 4354 Posts
[QUOTE="da1on2"]

So good reviews from playstation sources= not credible but bad ones = flop?

Lets wait for GS

MegaPigeon

It's a crappy score coming from one of the most biased sources available. I believe these guys said Killzone killed the competition and gave it 9/10.... :|

Ouch. Salt, meet wound.

Tamarind_Face

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 Tamarind_Face
Member since 2007 • 2270 Posts
Factor 5 sucks. From the info Ive heard and read its basically rogue squadron but with dragon skins. Sigh they even have a mission were you wrap a cable around the leg of one of the creatures just like in the starwars games. Factor 5 should go back with Nintendo and make more crappy rogue squadron games. They SUCK.
Kestastrophe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Kestastrophe
Member since 2005 • 4354 Posts
[QUOTE="deviates1080"]

So even when a Playstation magazine gives them bad reviews they are being called 'biased' or bad reviews by the PS3 owners? lol, hilarious.

ragrdoll21

I think he was referring to the PS3forums. Alot of the guys are saying that the reviews are bad because some Xbox guy took over.

kansasdude2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#56 kansasdude2009
Member since 2006 • 11802 Posts

Lets wait for GS

da1on2

agreed

No_Talent_Dev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 No_Talent_Dev
Member since 2007 • 505 Posts

Yeah, Lair looked terrible on the spotironwarrior2

I just watched Lair "on the spot" and have to say without any fanboyism that it truely looks like crap

ragrdoll21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 ragrdoll21
[QUOTE="ragrdoll21"][QUOTE="deviates1080"]

Kestastrophe

I think he was referring to the PS3forums. Alot of the guys are saying that the reviews are bad because some Xbox guy took over.

Oh ok..I don't go there,the posters there are biased!;)
deviates1080

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#59 deviates1080
Member since 2006 • 1926 Posts
[QUOTE="deviates1080"]

ragrdoll21

Nice over reaction, check the other thread.

astiop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 astiop
Member since 2005 • 3582 Posts

[QUOTE="ironwarrior2"]Yeah, Lair looked terrible on the spotNo_Talent_Dev

I just watched Lair "on the spot" and have to say without any fanboyism that it truely looks like crap

You know it's not a good thing the minute the Gertsman says "It's like Joust, only without the ostriches" :lol:

ragrdoll21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 ragrdoll21
[QUOTE="ragrdoll21"][QUOTE="deviates1080"]

deviates1080

Well go post there!
REVENGEotSITH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#62 REVENGEotSITH
Member since 2003 • 3938 Posts

Lets wait for GS

da1on2

Fanboys were saying the exact same thing when OXM gave Bioshock a 10/10.

The thing is - if the OFFICIAL Playstation Mag gives a PS3 game a bad score, THAT is huge. Especially for 2 games made by 2nd Party developers. Typically, there is a 0.5 "bump" in scores by the "Official" magazines for games like this.

deviates1080

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 deviates1080
Member since 2006 • 1926 Posts
[QUOTE="deviates1080"][QUOTE="ragrdoll21"][QUOTE="deviates1080"]

ragrdoll21

Well go post there!

I would, but I wouldn't want to run the risk of running into a bunch of idiots or just one idiot who might misunderstand my post and start talking rubbish.

redstormrisen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 redstormrisen
Member since 2007 • 2015 Posts
[QUOTE="CB4McGusto"]

Oh yea, check out some of the fanboys replies on that page, there hilarious!

da1on2

Oh yea, the people who have played it are making fanboy comments, not you whom I doubt have a PS3.

Let me tell you why the bad reviews count. Good reviews have been discounted due to bias right? So when they give two exclusve games 6.5 and 5.0 people might have to sit up and listen.

-L-U-I-S-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#65 -L-U-I-S-
Member since 2006 • 3665 Posts
So, if PSM gave them high scores then they are not a reliable source. But when they give out those scores, all of a sudden PSM is reliable? Great. still cant be called flops until GameSpot reviews both
buuzer0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 buuzer0
Member since 2005 • 3792 Posts

The damage control in that link is pretty funny.

Warhawk might end up being fun but I have always thought Lair looked like crap. Only thing I ever saw as impressive in the game was a video of an explosion happening on the water, and the wave that came after it. All of the other combat... no. Armies of the same looking soldier all doing the same animation, crap textures, etc. Not impressive to me. It will be interesting to see the Gamespot review. They usually aren't too forgiving...

REVENGEotSITH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 REVENGEotSITH

So, if PSM gave them high scores then they are not a reliable source. But when they give out those scores, all of a sudden PSM is reliable? Great. still cant be called flops until GameSpot reviews both-L-U-I-S-

Its not that PSM is reliable - its that the reviews are shocking. An official PS mag giving Sony games bad reviews is shocking and tells a lot about a game. If an official mag gives a glowing review, you have to take it with a grain of salt.

ragrdoll21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 ragrdoll21
[QUOTE="ragrdoll21"][QUOTE="deviates1080"][QUOTE="ragrdoll21"][QUOTE="deviates1080"]

deviates1080

Well go post there!

I would, but I wouldn't want to run the risk of running into a bunch of idiots or just one idiot who might misunderstand my post and start talking rubbish.

Why would you make a comment in one thread abouta poste in another thread and not explain?You didn't think that some one would miss interpet it?You should leave,you're making this thread stink of BS!
Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

Good reviews on console specific mags = can't trust em.

Bad reviews from those same mags = trustworthy.

Funny stuff.

But wow...Lair is a confirmed flop. I don't even think we need to wait for the Gamespot review at this point.

I am shocked about Warhawk...but the lack of single player campaign always seemed to be a huge handicapp.

Bad news for my PS3. Heavenly Sword...oh please be good!!!!!

Meanwhile..Bioshock..here i come!

WarTime71

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 WarTime71
Member since 2007 • 404 Posts

There is a magazine scan in that thread but you can't post itNo_Talent_Dev

stop snitchin

gillri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 gillri
Member since 2004 • 5926 Posts
[QUOTE="ragrdoll21"][QUOTE="Thanatos1337"][QUOTE="ragrdoll21"][QUOTE="Thanatos1337"]

You also have to keep in mind, because psm is associated with sony, they are probably overating these games.

Just keep waiting, just keep waiting, just keep waiting.

Thanatos1337

PSM is NOT associated with Sony in any way, shape or form.....talking out of your butt FTL!:(

They rate playstation games, and they know that if they rate higher, it may encourage sales of sony products, and the sale of sony products drive the sale of that magazine.

I call that an association.

lol....How in the hell can the sell of Sony products help sell their Mag?Thats the dumbest conspiracy theory I've ever heard!Does PSM come packaged with every Sony game?:roll:

I guess I have to hold your hand while going through this......if sony sells more products, it means more people within the sony fanbase means more potential buyers of the magazine.

For example if sony's systems have sold 100 million, and M$'s systems have sold 10 million, which official magazine will sell better?

he's is right ragrdoll

ragrdoll21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 ragrdoll21

[QUOTE="-L-U-I-S-"]So, if PSM gave them high scores then they are not a reliable source. But when they give out those scores, all of a sudden PSM is reliable? Great. still cant be called flops until GameSpot reviews bothREVENGEotSITH

Its not that PSM is reliable - its that the reviews are shocking. An official PS mag giving Sony games bad reviews is shocking and tells a lot about a game. If an official mag gives a glowing review, you have to take it with a grain of salt.

Double standers FTL!:(
mikedot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 mikedot
Member since 2003 • 936 Posts

PROTIP: About the review for warhawk...

The reviewer has only TWO complaints about it.

Warhawk
6.5 - No bots, $60 for multi-player only game

In other words, the review is hurtthat the game requires online play and is $60.

ToScA-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 ToScA-
Member since 2006 • 5782 Posts

I predicted that Lair was going to fail miserably the first time it was presented to me. The prediction was on the basis that the game simply looked...dull. It seems as if my predictions have come to realization.

I expected Warhawk to do better than 6.5, AA at least; it seemed to have a lot of fun-factor and gameplay...what happened?

I'm still hoping that Heavenly Sword will be PS3's first killer app, the future is, however, looking pretty grim for that game. The latest vids show a repetive button masher with battles that are far too long to be enjoyable, by God do I hope I'm wrong.

If Heavenly Sword fails, I think Uncharted will be the game to really look forward to this year for PS3. That game simply keeps looking better and better.

I'm not too interested in the Ratchet & Clank games (or any platformer in general), but this one edition of the game does indeed look very impressive.

In any case, 2008 can't come anytime soon, there are games released that year that PS3 is in almost desperate need off.

nintendo-4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 nintendo-4life
Member since 2004 • 18281 Posts

Funny stuff.

But wow...Lair is a confirmed flop. I don't even think we need to wait for the Gamespot review at this point.

I am shocked about Warhawk...but the lack of single player campaign always seemed to be a huge handicapp.

Bread_or_Decide

see what i mean about cows hyping anything and everything they see? ;)
ragrdoll21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 ragrdoll21
[QUOTE="Thanatos1337"][QUOTE="ragrdoll21"][QUOTE="Thanatos1337"][QUOTE="ragrdoll21"][QUOTE="Thanatos1337"]

You also have to keep in mind, because psm is associated with sony, they are probably overating these games.

gillri

PSM is NOT associated with Sony in any way, shape or form.....talking out of your butt FTL!:(

They rate playstation games, and they know that if they rate higher, it may encourage sales of sony products, and the sale of sony products drive the sale of that magazine.

lol....How in the hell can the sell of Sony products help sell their Mag?Thats the dumbest conspiracy theory I've ever heard!Does PSM come packaged with every Sony game?:roll:

I guess I have to hold your hand while going through this......if sony sells more products, it means more people within the sony fanbase means more potential buyers of the magazine.

For example if sony's systems have sold 100 million, and M$'s systems have sold 10 million, which official magazine will sell better?

he's is right ragrdoll

So reviewing a game high will sell 100million consoles?Tell that to Ninja Gaiden,Halo1&2,Gears ectectect reviews don't sell consoles they sell games(maybe).

P.S. how many times are you going to edit that damn post?:lol:
redstormrisen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 redstormrisen
[QUOTE="REVENGEotSITH"]

[QUOTE="-L-U-I-S-"]So, if PSM gave them high scores then they are not a reliable source. But when they give out those scores, all of a sudden PSM is reliable? Great. still cant be called flops until GameSpot reviews bothragrdoll21

No, its not a double standard. People would have taken notice if oxm had given Forza 2 a 6.

If a magazine supporting one particular console gives 2 of its biggest system sellers this holiday season a 5 and 6.5 respectivly then that must mean they are bad.

We are not saying they'er credible. They might be rating them to high :P

Hat_Damage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#78 Hat_Damage
Member since 2007 • 1004 Posts
why are people surprised by Warhawk? maybe it would of scored higher if it actually had a single player. And maybe Lair is just a bad game, isnt this Lair's second bellow A score?
Koopaknight29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 Koopaknight29
Member since 2006 • 321 Posts

About my first post, sorry about assuming that PSM was associated with Sony. Most would naturally assume that seeing how the system's name is on their title. Eh, honest mistake.

Never-the-less this is pretty shocking considering the amount of hype I heard coming from these two games. I would have at least assumed an A for both from what I heard the boards were talking about. Ah, well, let's see how GSpot reviews them.

ragrdoll21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 ragrdoll21

PROTIP: About the review for warhawk...

The reviewer has only TWO complaints about it.

Warhawk
6.5 - No bots, $60 for multi-player only game

In other words, the review is hurtthat the game requires online play and is $60.

mikedot
I thought it waslike 30 bucks on PSN.........
REVENGEotSITH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 REVENGEotSITH
[QUOTE="REVENGEotSITH"]

[QUOTE="-L-U-I-S-"]So, if PSM gave them high scores then they are not a reliable source. But when they give out those scores, all of a sudden PSM is reliable? Great. still cant be called flops until GameSpot reviews bothragrdoll21

Wrong. So, you're telling me that we can't take ANYTHING away from the OFFICIAL PS Mag giving two Sony games a 6.5 and a 5??? Wouldn't you normally expect an Official mag to give an overinflated score??? Its the fact that they went the complete opposite of what you would extect that I find shocking. How is this a double standard?

I'm not taking the absolute score as "truth". I'm looking at the fact that they went completely against what you would expect from an Official mag.

When OXM gave Bioshock a 10/10, I said "that's fine - I'll wait for 1up, IGN, and GS." When OXM gaves a bad review I say "whoa, it must be REALLY bad for THEM to give a bad review."

Avatar image for samtheprankster
samtheprankster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#82 samtheprankster
Member since 2007 • 2418 Posts

PSM doesn't gloss things over, they normally tell it like it is. Thing is, if they give a good review most lems will dismiss it because it came from PSM. All of a sudden only the bad reviews count. I'm buying both games by the way.ragrdoll21

Agreed. I am an avid reader, and when they give a game a good rating, no-one cares, but now everyone wants to jump on the bandwagon

kiruyama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#83 kiruyama
Member since 2006 • 1205 Posts
The Warhawk beta seemed really cool. I guess no SP really hurt it.
Dreams-Visions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 Dreams-Visions
Member since 2006 • 26578 Posts
Hard to belive scores THAT low. I expected something between 7.0-8.0 for both games. but under 7 for both? doubt it. Warhawk should get a 9 in graphics, 7 or 8 in value and a 9 in sound even if it flops in gameplay.
Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts
[QUOTE="Bread_or_Decide"]

Funny stuff.

nintendo-4life

How is hyping exclusives and first party titles "everything they see"?

Lair may turn out to be dung but I'll be damned if it wasn't a cool idea for a video game. At least they tried something new.

ragrdoll21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 ragrdoll21
[QUOTE="ragrdoll21"][QUOTE="REVENGEotSITH"]

[QUOTE="-L-U-I-S-"]So, if PSM gave them high scores then they are not a reliable source. But when they give out those scores, all of a sudden PSM is reliable? Great. still cant be called flops until GameSpot reviews bothredstormrisen

No, its not a double standard. People would have taken notice if oxm had given Forza 2 a 6.

If a magazine supporting one particular console gives 2 of its biggest system sellers this holiday season a 5 and 6.5 respectivly then that must mean they are bad.

I see what you're saying but I take all reviews with a grain of salt......it's justthe opinion of the reviewer, so good or BAD I don't take it to the bank.That goes for movies too.....damn wasn't waterboy funny as hell,the media slammed it to hell!
Dreams-Visions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 Dreams-Visions
The Warhawk beta seemed really cool. I guess no SP really hurt it.kiruyama
were you in it? I was less than impressed from day one. I expected 7.0-8.0 and made it known even when the opinion wasn't a popular one.
Dreams-Visions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 Dreams-Visions
[QUOTE="nintendo-4life"][QUOTE="Bread_or_Decide"]

Funny stuff.

Bread_or_Decide

Lair may turn out to be dung but I'll be damned if it wasn't a cool idea for a video game. At least they tried something new.

Nobody cares about the unique effort if it's broken though, you know?

bloodychimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#90 bloodychimp
Member since 2006 • 933 Posts
[QUOTE="Thanatos1337"][QUOTE="ragrdoll21"][QUOTE="Thanatos1337"]

ragrdoll21

If more people own a Playstation, more people will be interested in a magazine about the Playstation. Its not that hard to figure out...

h575309

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 h575309
Member since 2005 • 8551 Posts
man... its gotta suck if you only have a ps3 right now. so glad i have a 360 as well otherwise id be so pissed off right now. hopefulyl heavenly sword is all its cracked up to be.
greenleaf2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 greenleaf2000
Member since 2006 • 1259 Posts
I'm still gonna get warhawk!
trollop_scat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#93 trollop_scat
Member since 2006 • 2656 Posts

Slapping cows is just too, too easy these days. Its not even fun any more. They just stand there with blank expressions telling eachother "the wait will be worth it" while every other platform scores great games NOW.

Thing is, with these flop scores, nobody is going to buy those crummy games, which the industry will interpret as bad for the PS3. Means more companies willfollowEA and abandon Sony's mutant stepchild (PS3)altogether. Wow I'm glad I saved myself $600...

ragrdoll21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 ragrdoll21
[QUOTE="ragrdoll21"][QUOTE="gillri"][QUOTE="Thanatos1337"][QUOTE="ragrdoll21"][QUOTE="Thanatos1337"][QUOTE="ragrdoll21"][QUOTE="Thanatos1337"]

gillri

he's is right ragrdoll

So reviewing a game high will sell 100million consoles?Tell that to Ninja Gaiden,Halo1&2,Gears ectectect reviews don't sell consoles they sell games(maybe).

P.S. how many times are you going to edit that damn post?:lol:

oh come on ragrdoll you know it wouldnt sell 100 million consoles on its own, thats just kid-ology and you know it

but it definitely helps,

So in this "Mag sells consoles" world you live in,how many perfect scores do they need to give out to get the console to say.....umm.....50million?:roll:

redstormrisen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 redstormrisen
[QUOTE="redstormrisen"][QUOTE="ragrdoll21"][QUOTE="REVENGEotSITH"]

I see what you're saying but I take all reviews with a grain of salt......it's justthe opinion of the reviewer, so good or BAD I don't take it to the bank.That goes for movies too.....damn wasn't waterboy funny as hell,the media slammed it to hell!

Yeah, it looks like warhawks going the same way as shadowrun did. Gets a low score for no single player. Despite being an awsome and fun game to play...

Dreams-Visions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 Dreams-Visions

I'm still gonna get warhawk!greenleaf2000
Like I've been saying since the Beta...this is a game you might want to rent to make sure it's your cup of tea. No reason plunking down major dollars for a multiplayer-only game that you might not like. Hype isn't going to keep you going back for long if it's not your flavor.

Rent it and make sure if you weren't in the Beta (and weren't sold then).

Dreams-Visions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 Dreams-Visions
cut down the quotes, people.
nintendo-4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 nintendo-4life
Member since 2004 • 18281 Posts
[QUOTE="nintendo-4life"][QUOTE="Bread_or_Decide"]

Funny stuff.

Bread_or_Decide

no no no, remember back when new lair screenshots arrived, everyone chanted "looks awesome" "looks great" "AAA for sure" etc. and i said that it looks ok but definitly not worth the hype AND the graphics are nothing special, and i said cows should stop hyping a game when it clearly shows it's bad, i've done it alot of times and i'm not ashamed of doing it (most recently soul caliber legends and Nights) yet you came in here and said stuff like hyping the game in my sig etc.... 

you remember now?
shadow8585

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 shadow8585
Member since 2006 • 2947 Posts

Proves my, just because a game looks good, it probably isn't if its on the PS3 theory

TRUST ME, you'll have more fun if you buy an Xbox 360 (I DID own both at one time)

bloodychimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#100 bloodychimp
Member since 2006 • 933 Posts

I see what you're saying but I take all reviews with a grain of salt......it's justthe opinion of the reviewer, so good or BAD I don't take it to the bank.That goes for movies too.....damn wasn't waterboy funny as hell,the media slammed it to hell!ragrdoll21

Usually video game reviews are better than movie reviews. Movie critics are out of touch with the majority of the movie-going audience. I stopped listening to movie critics when Seabiscuit got best picture over LotR 2 and Pirates of the Carribean.