PS4 graphics are pretty good - don't you agree?

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#401 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@ronvalencia said:

Benefits of Direct3D 12 will extend to Xbox One. LOL.

Unlike your slide, my AMD slide is platform specific i.e. Xbox One.

EA DICE statements are platform specific.

For Mantle and PS4, EA DICE statements are platform specific.

My "console" platform specific slides beats your non-specific "consoles" slide.

My comment on CoD Ghost is based on initial IW's claim on 1920x1080p and development plans/results can change mid-way.

Being "low level" doesn't automatically result in DirectX12 like model for XBO you fool.

Digital Foundry: To what extent will DX12 prove useful on Xbox One? Isn't there already a >>>>>> LOW CPU overhead <<<<<<<<< there in addressing the GPU?

Oles Shishkovstov: No, it's important. All the dependency tracking takes a huge slice of CPU power. And if we are talking about the multi-threaded command buffer chunks generation - the DX11 model was essentially a 'flop', while DX12 should be the right one.

DirectX12's bundles improvements reduces the CPU usage to 1/3 on XBO you blind bias fanboy

Current XBO DX11.X API and MONO driver doesn't have DirectX12's resource bindling model you blind bias fanboy.

My specific feature by feature matching arguments are superior to your non-specific feature arguments.

CONSOLES > MANTLE

MANTLE > DX12

END RESULT.

CONSOLES > MANTLE> DX12.

See how DX11 on medium is more effective than Mantle and DX12.? But but low both are better than DX11,now look how consoles are better than all 3 in both medium and low.

Consoles have always been more efficient is not new and DX12 and Mantle are console like programmability done on PC.

By the way nice how you ignore your COD 720p crap which prove how hard headed you are and how you hold to wrong article and arguments to prove your points..lol'

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#402 tormentos

@04dcarraher said:

@bobrossperm said:

So you mean unless it's an exclusive, developers won't use multithreads to feed the GPU?

not necessarily have to an exclusive, just a publisher and dev team that have the time and money to do so. BF4 on PS4 used Async Shaders while X1 and PC didnt because they dont support it in current API's used ie DX11.

NO that wasn't the reason it was because it was optimize for the PS4 and mantle,regardless of the xbox one been able to do it,the xbox one can do async shaders since launch,how the hell do you think the ran Kinect.?

Kinect ran on xbox one on compute,any game using Kinect was using both compute and graphics at the same time,few games on PC does this and mantle physically hit after the PS4,it was add driver update on PC for BF4,just because a game didn't use it doesn't mean it didn't support it,few games use forward rendering i guess that mean the PS4 and xbox one didn't support it on launch.

This was the reason not the one you claim.

Mind you that you also claim the PS4 doesn't support using more than 1 core to talk to the GPU,yet project cars developer stated that they have to split the game renderer over 4 cores because the 1.6 ghz cores on PS4 are to slow.

I don't think DX12 will do anything for the xbox one,because everything DX12 is,already the xbox one api is as well,and most of DX12 features on xbox one are tied to performance,so getting something you already have will not boost anything.

Fable is the biggest proof of that if any hardware should benefit from it is the xbox one version,how can a 4 core 4ghz CPU get 20% boost from DX12,and the 1.75ghz xbox one CPU get nothing.?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ is what you refuse to see and you have fail to explain,and don't tell me DX11X on xbox one is hurting it on xbox one,Fable is a DX12 game.

@ronvalencia said:

@bobrossperm:

If you notice Killzone Shadow Fall's workload allocation, the top thread has CPU draw calls while the other threads has deferred context. Tormentos attempted to use Killzone Shadow Fall's workload allocation as proof for concurrent multithreaded draw calls when the other threads has deferred context.

The below diagram is the Xbox 360's and DX11's multithreading model. DirectX 12 removes the multithreading serialisation into the primary thread bottleneck.

The funny thing about that screen is that it has several draw jobs on other threads..lol

Defferred geometry draw job some how for you and the other moron is some how not a draw job even that it clearly say defferred geometry DRAW and is running on thread 1 not thread 0.

On being asked if there was a challenge in development due to different CPU threads and GPU compute units in the PS4, Tudor stated that, “It’s been challenging splitting the renderer further across threads in an even more fine-grained manner – even splitting already-small tasks into 2-3ms chunks. The single-core speed is quite slow compared to a high-end PC though so splitting across cores is essential.

“The bottlenecks are mainly in command list building – we now have this split-up of up to four cores in parallel.

Read more at http://gamingbolt.com/project-cars-dev-ps4-single-core-speed-slower-than-high-end-pc-splitting-renderer-across-threads-challenging#xQwDwGoylEq18HAs.99

4 cores for rendering.. I don't even know how you have ignore that because you use that same article to claim PS4 CPU threads are slow,but like always you use what serve you best from articles.

@ronvalencia said:

@bobrossperm:

For PS4...

From http://gamingbolt.com/project-cars-dev-ps4-single-core-speed-slower-than-high-end-pc-splitting-renderer-across-threads-challenging

On being asked if there was a challenge in development due to different CPU threads and GPU compute units in the PS4, Tudor stated that, “It’s been challenging splitting the renderer further across threads in an even more fine-grained manner – even splitting already-small tasks into 2-3ms chunks. The single-core speed is quite slow compared to a high-end PC though so splitting across cores is essential.

“The bottlenecks are mainly in command list building – we now have this split-up of up to four cores in parallel.

Project Cars on PS4 has 1920x1080p with up to 60 fps.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2015-project-cars-performance-analysis

The game's frame-rate is also a sticking point. Project Cars targets an ambitious 60fps on each platform, but the sheer breadth of options gives players the power to determine whether it hits this mark, or drops closer to 30fps. For example, our first race is on the Dubai Autodrome International circuit, a manic 35-car race with light clouds overhead, camera set to interior cockpit view and no damage physics enabled. Even with this number of AI racers, the game sticks to a 60fps line throughout, and only drops for one stretch on the circuit (to 50fps on Xbox One, and 55fps on PS4).

Even with multiple AI (35 car race), Project Cars PS4 sticks to around 55 fps to 60 fps. Concurrent multithreading GPU feed enables the minimum frame rate to remain high.

DirectX12 like features are available on PS4, if the developer chose to use it.

They have been on xbox one since launch just not used,like asynch shaders,bundles,forward rendering and many other techniques,what we mostly have got this gen is ports and rehashes which explain the lack usage just like Tile resources and all that crap.

Is just over hyping of something already there.

Fable on xbox one is the biggest indication of this,20% gain on stronger CPU but no gain on xbox one.? Come one Ron even you can't be this naive.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#403 ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

@tormentos:

Mind you that you also claim the PS4 doesn't support using more than 1 core to talk to the GPU,yet project cars developer stated that they have to split the game renderer over 4 cores because the 1.6 ghz cores on PS4 are to slow.

You misused Killzone ShadowFall's workload screenshot.

The funny thing about that screen is that it has several draw jobs on other threads..lol

The funny thing about that screen only one thread has CPU draw calls while the rest has deferred render context as per DX11's multithreading model LOL.

Defferred geometry draw job some how for you and the other moron is some how not a draw job even that it clearly say defferred geometry DRAW and is running on thread 1 not thread 0

WRONG. You don't know the meaning of deferred. Deferred = do it later i.e. second pass.

What's defferred? It's deferred you clown.

Another DirectX11 multithreading model.

4 cores for rendering.. I don't even know how you have ignore that because you use that same article to claim PS4 CPU threads are slow,but like always you use what serve you best from articles.

That's the best you can do? You don't know shit.

Alien Isolation PS4's underperforming result shows underperforming CPU. Alien Isolation supports DX11's multithreading model.

They have been on xbox one since launch just not used,like asynch shaders,bundles,forward rendering and many other techniques,what we mostly have got this gen is ports and rehashes which explain the lack usage just like Tile resources and all that crap.

Bullshit, Async compute function was progressively built up hence it's wasn't complete since launch.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#404  Edited By ronvalencia
@tormentos said:

@ronvalencia said:

Benefits of Direct3D 12 will extend to Xbox One. LOL.

For Mantle and PS4, EA DICE statements are platform specific.

My comment on CoD Ghost is based on initial IW's claim on 1920x1080p and development plans/results can change mid-way.

Being "low level" doesn't automatically result in DirectX12 like model for XBO you fool.

Digital Foundry: To what extent will DX12 prove useful on Xbox One? Isn't there already a >>>>>> LOW CPU overhead <<<<<<<<< there in addressing the GPU?

Oles Shishkovstov: No, it's important. All the dependency tracking takes a huge slice of CPU power. And if we are talking about the multi-threaded command buffer chunks generation - the DX11 model was essentially a 'flop', while DX12 should be the right one.

DirectX12's bundles improvements reduces the CPU usage to 1/3 on XBO you blind bias fanboy

Current XBO DX11.X API and MONO driver doesn't have DirectX12's resource bindling model you blind bias fanboy.

My specific feature by feature matching arguments are superior to your non-specific feature arguments.

CONSOLES > MANTLE

MANTLE > DX12

END RESULT.

CONSOLES > MANTLE> DX12.

See how DX11 on medium is more effective than Mantle and DX12.? But but low both are better than DX11,now look how consoles are better than all 3 in both medium and low.

Consoles have always been more efficient is not new and DX12 and Mantle are console like programmability done on PC.

By the way nice how you ignore your COD 720p crap which prove how hard headed you are and how you hold to wrong article and arguments to prove your points..lol'

AGAIN, "Benefits of Direct3D 12 will extend to Xbox One".

For Mantle and PS4, EA DICE statements are platform specific i.e. notice "Mantle and PlayStation 4" you fool.

Loading Video...

Call Of Duty Ghosts AMD x4 9750 + HD 7770 Ghz Edition at 1920x1080p with high settings and 40 to 50 fps.

Loading Video...

Call of Duty: Ghosts - i5-3570k / HD 7770 at 1920x 1080p = 57 fps average.

Like Alien Isolation, IW was expecting PC's 7770 like performance from XBO, but they didn't get it.

http://www.vg247.com/2014/02/10/sniper-elite-3-dev-explains-difficult-of-achieving-1080p-on-xbox-one-ps4-a-bit-more-powerful/

Rebellion's method for 1920x1080p on XBO via chunks or tiling the frame buffer. This involves additional iteration with ESRAM, which consumes rendering time.

GDC 2015's XBO 1920x1080p alternative workaround i.e. do it by concurrent segmentation by combining ESRAM and DDR3 memory pools.

This method saves frame render time by reducing iteration with ESRAM.

Phazevariance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#405 Phazevariance
Member since 2003 • 12356 Posts

@jaz_0 said:

Those BB screens... Are the textures as muddy in game as they are in those screens? And does everything in the game look like pre-rendered backgrounds you find in Hidden Object games? Where can I find high rez screens? Cause... Those screens are horrid.

Yes, that's how it looks in game. Whats worse is parts of the map have ledges that go down, and if you spin your camera around and look down the holes you see the skybox, almost like they didn't care to box in the pit assuming no one would look down it. The game is damn hard, but the graphics are definitely no where near top notch and unpolished in areas.

04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#406  Edited By 04dcarraher
Member since 2004 • 23829 Posts

@tormentos said:

@04dcarraher said:

@bobrossperm said:

So you mean unless it's an exclusive, developers won't use multithreads to feed the GPU?

not necessarily have to an exclusive, just a publisher and dev team that have the time and money to do so. BF4 on PS4 used Async Shaders while X1 and PC didnt because they dont support it in current API's used ie DX11.

NO that wasn't the reason it was because it was optimize for the PS4 and mantle,regardless of the xbox one been able to do it,the xbox one can do async shaders since launch,how the hell do you think the ran Kinect.?

Kinect ran on xbox one on compute,any game using Kinect was using both compute and graphics at the same time,few games on PC does this and mantle physically hit after the PS4,it was add driver update on PC for BF4,just because a game didn't use it doesn't mean it didn't support it,few games use forward rendering i guess that mean the PS4 and xbox one didn't support it on launch.

Not not even with Mantle BF4 used Aysnc shaders(meaning they were not used), PS4 API was more indepth then Mantle was when it debuted with BF4. Now Thief later on used Aysnc shaders with a later version of Mantle. Also do not ignore AMD's show casings with their gpu tech with Async shading but never included the X1, however stated the games on PS4 and the one Pc game ie Thief using Aysnc......

Again thinking that the X1 can do async shaders because of the kinect.... lol.... Async shaders relies on the ability of using multiple cpu threads feeding gpu shader data. The kinect does not use it that feature at all its not rendering graphics... it uses one of the two core's from the pre-allocated cpu cores reserved for OS and features. That single core feeds the data to the gpu, using gpgpu compute on the X1 does not mean that the X1 is using Async multithreaded allocation features from the cpu. The X1 even with its gimped API still has access to the one ACE unit which still responsible for handing out compute tasks simultaneously to the CU's inside the GPU. Once DX12 comes out both ACE units and the ability to do Async shaders will be available to use.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#407  Edited By tormentos

@ronvalencia said:

@tormentos:

You misused Killzone ShadowFall's workload screenshot.

The funny thing about that screen only one thread has CPU draw calls while the rest has deferred render context as per DX11's multithreading model LOL.

WRONG. You don't know the meaning of deferred. Deferred = do it later i.e. second pass.

What's defferred? It's deferred you clown.

Another DirectX11 multithreading model.

That's the best you can do? You don't know shit.

Alien Isolation PS4's underperforming result shows underperforming CPU. Alien Isolation supports DX11's multithreading model.

Bullshit, Async compute function was progressively built up hence it's wasn't complete since launch.

No i didn't.

WTF i just quoted a developer telling you that he had to split rendering on PS4 into 4 cores because 1 core is to slow and you ask me if that is the best i can do.? Are you a true moron.? Are you so obsess with winning that you will ignore everything provided to you.?

The PS4 is using 4 threads for RENDERING ASS there goes your the PS4 isn't using more than 1 core to talk to the GPU argument.

Bullshit and more bullshit and lies,Async was ready on launch BF4 use it idiot,it doesn't use it on xbox one because BF4 is optimized for PS4 and Mantle this is a fact you can't run an optimized game for PS4 on xbox one without suffering period,this is confirmed by The crew developer as well who wanted to tap into PS4 specific things but nothing great because it was a multiplatform game,the more you optimize a game for PS4 the more you fu** it up on xbox one,they may have a GPU and CPU from the same family but their memory structure is as different as it can be.

So yeah BF4 use it since launch on PS4 Async was ready the PS4 version was just optimized for it the xbox one version wasn't,and few games use Async just like few games use tile resources it mean shit since it was available since launch.

@ronvalencia said:

@tormentos said:

CONSOLES > MANTLE

MANTLE > DX12

END RESULT.

CONSOLES > MANTLE> DX12.

AGAIN, "Benefits of Direct3D 12 will extend to Xbox One".

For Mantle and PS4, EA DICE statements are platform specific i.e. notice "Mantle and PlayStation 4" you fool.

Call Of Duty Ghosts AMD x4 9750 + HD 7770 Ghz Edition at 1920x1080p with high settings and 40 to 50 fps.

Benefit will extend to XBO what benefit.? That claim is as empty as your brain.

DX12 will help the xbox one,help with what.? Again another empty claim of course it will help and of course it will benefit the xbox one but not how you think it will,having 1 api for both PC and xbox one will shorten time of development,and make easier for developers to port games to.

Loading Video...

PC.

60FPS 1680x1050,no AA,NO AO,textures high.

Normal map resolution normal.

Anyso low.

7770 + FX6300 3.5ghz. 60FPS.

Xbox one 1920x1080p dymanic lowest 1360x1080p 60FPS.

Does has AA,does have an alternative for AO on and ...

Surprisingly, the console versions rank closely next to the PC at max, but miss out on a few visual treats. Looking at the graphics settings, texture and normal map options are present, where the PS4 and Xbox One impressively match the highest extra setting PC has to offer. However, for the interiors of Atlas' labs, specular mapping runs at one notch lower on console, producing less defined spotlight reflections across its glossy floors.

DF.

So is the xbox one beating a 7770 in this one or not.?

The video i posted is 60FPS but has no AA or AO and is not running on max setting like DF say the console version match the PC version is the highest setting.

What make you think like a fool that is the CPU.? The xbox one has ESRAM which the 7770 doesn't have and which has been proven to be troublesome stated not only by rebellion but also by metro developer as well it is to small,if you can't fit everything on ESRAM something will suffer mostly resolution and frames.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#408  Edited By ronvalencia

@tormentos:

I have addressed Call Of Duty Ghost subject and you changed the subject to Call Of Duty Advanced Warfare? Are you that desperate?

There is one workload type that XBO is inferior to PS4 i.e. shader bound and DirectX12 can not fix this issue. I have already mentioned this multiple times against XBO camp.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-call-of-duty-advanced-warfare-face-off

For our tests, we opt for a mixture; 2x SSAA and also SMAA T2X for strong, all-round coverage of each frame, while both PS4 and Xbox One appear to utilise the lesser FXAA post processing.

On PC, we're handed a bevy of graphics options to tinker with. At the top, we get a field of view (FOV) selector, affording us a range between 60 and 90 - where consoles are fixed at a strict 65 degrees

Frustratingly, while console texture quality runs at this premium grade, the anisotropic filtering backing it up is set to an equivalent of PC's low setting. As a result, we get an obvious blurring to angled surfaces just a few metres away, where PC's remain crisp far into the distance. Likewise, this weaker filtering has an impact on shadow aliasing a few paces ahead on console.

But to the PC's advantage, at maximum settings we have HBAO+, delivering subtler pockets of shade around, for example, the bends in Jack Mitchell's fingers and the cracks in walls. The consoles deliver a cheaper screen-space variation of this same effect, tending to exaggerate depth with thicker plumes of shade

The PC release also excels in shadow draw distances; shadow maps on buildings rendered from a further distance in the Nigeria stage, for example. Otherwise the console versions get the full deal

However, the PS4 and Xbox One each share the highest quality textures, effects and geometry of the maxed-out PC version. They only fall noticeably short in three areas; the low-grade anisotropic filtering on textures, less accurate specular mapping for reflections, and opting for SSAO, rather than the PC's subtler HBAO+ shading around objects. Otherwise, you get the full deal, complete with subsurface scattering.

Your 7770 example has 1GB VRAM, not the 2GB VRAM variant which is one of the factors that impacts texture quality performance.

@tormentos

No i didn't.

WTF i just quoted a developer telling you that he had to split rendering on PS4 into 4 cores because 1 core is to slow and you ask me if that is the best i can do.? Are you a true moron.? Are you so obsess with winning that you will ignore everything provided to you.?

The PS4 is using 4 threads for RENDERING ASS there goes your the PS4 isn't using more than 1 core to talk to the GPU argument.

Bullshit and more bullshit and lies,Async was ready on launch BF4 use it idiot,it doesn't use it on xbox one because BF4 is optimized for PS4 and Mantle this is a fact you can't run an optimized game for PS4 on xbox one without suffering period,this is confirmed by The crew developer as well who wanted to tap into PS4 specific things but nothing great because it was a multiplatform game,the more you optimize a game for PS4 the more you fu** it up on xbox one,they may have a GPU and CPU from the same family but their memory structure is as different as it can be.

So yeah BF4 use it since launch on PS4 Async was ready the PS4 version was just optimized for it the xbox one version wasn't,and few games use Async just like few games use tile resources it mean shit since it was available since launch.

Against 04dcarraher, you tried to use Killzone Shadowfall's workload type screenshot to prove DirectX12's multithreading model.

Unlike you, I use a proper source with a specific concurrentrendering feature i.e. I posted Project Cars dev's statement. You are defending PS4 poorly.

AMD's Async compute statement.

Notice BF4 PC version was omitted from Async compute usage i.e. EA DICE didn't bothered with 1 to 1 port. Thief Mantle has Async compute usage for the PC.

No mention of XBO.

The consoles are missing rendering features from AMD's Gaming Evolved PC version e.g. Alien Isolation's HDAO i.e. the big problem is with the console's CPU and their absolute requirement for proper multithreading model. The consoles moved to X86 and didn't get the real X86 Intel CPU.

Sorry, AMD 's PC marketing benchmarks with fast Intel CPU is bullshit for consoles i.e. you (and other console owners) are not getting the expectation from AMD marketing. These new API changes was mostly triggered by AMD's CPU issues relative to GPU power. XBO has it's own issues with memory structures.

Sony did their best with their financial situation i.e. low cost AMD CPU selection is unavoidable.

m3dude1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#409  Edited By m3dude1
Member since 2007 • 2334 Posts
@nyadc said:
@m3dude1 said:
@nyadc said:
@m3dude1 said:

there is no difference in environmental lod, you just have no idea how supersampling works.

You need to get your eyes checked, don't try to get smart with me boy...

and again, your have no idea how super sampling works. remain clueless and ignorant.

Entire textures being added and greatly improved has nothing to do with super sampling, it's improved LoD. I know you're backed into a corner right now but continuing to push the same negated point is going to get you no where with me.

http://screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/104275

like zomg look at the increased LOD. oh no wait, you are just dumb as hell and this is the well known effect of supersampling

Pray_to_me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#412 Pray_to_me
Member since 2011 • 4041 Posts

@RyviusARC said:
@tormentos said:

lol Hermit again pretending Infamous look bad..

You have to be a pretty insecure person pretend Infamous look bad,you can argue other games run at higher resolution and higher frames but the level of fidelity in Infamous is quite great.

I didn't say SS looks bad I said GTA V maxed on PC looks better which is true.

No it doesn't the poly count is too low because it was designed for PS360. You can play it in 4k but it's still a PS360 game in 4k.

Infamous makes GTA5 look last gen which , frankly is exactly what it is. ;)

RyviusARC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#413  Edited By RyviusARC
Member since 2011 • 5708 Posts

@Pray_to_me said:
@RyviusARC said:
@tormentos said:

You have to be a pretty insecure person pretend Infamous look bad,you can argue other games run at higher resolution and higher frames but the level of fidelity in Infamous is quite great.

No it doesn't the poly count is too low because it was designed for PS360. You can play it in 4k but it's still a PS360 game in 4k.

How about not posting photo mode shots which add higher visual settings to the game.

Also relying on close ups with huge amount of dof covering everything but one character is not helping your argument.

GTA V is rendering much further with higher LOD.

The PS4 can't even handle the highest settings of GTA V and still barely holds 30fps.

Second Son has a lot more aggressive lowering of the draw distance and scaling back of LOD.

topgunmv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#414  Edited By topgunmv
Member since 2003 • 10880 Posts
@RyviusARC said:
@Pray_to_me said:
@RyviusARC said:
@tormentos said:

How about not posting photo mode shots which add higher visual settings to the game.

I'd like to see some actual proof of this.

Non compressed links:

http://static1.gamespot.com/uploads/original/135/1353408/2612371-infamous+second+son%E2%84%A2_20140730040728.jpg

http://static1.gamespot.com/uploads/original/135/1353408/2612372-infamous+second+son%E2%84%A2_20140730040738.jpg

Looks identical to me.

And no, adding a sepia color filter or depth of field doesn't qualify as higher visual settings (things like this are actually often used to hide poor graphics).

RyviusARC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#415  Edited By RyviusARC

@topgunmv said:
@RyviusARC said:
@Pray_to_me said:
@RyviusARC said:
@tormentos said:

I'd like to see some actual proof of this.

Non compressed links:

http://static1.gamespot.com/uploads/original/135/1353408/2612371-infamous+second+son%E2%84%A2_20140730040728.jpg

http://static1.gamespot.com/uploads/original/135/1353408/2612372-infamous+second+son%E2%84%A2_20140730040738.jpg

Looks identical to me.

And no, adding a sepia color filter or depth of field doesn't qualify as higher visual settings (things like this are actually often used to hide poor graphics).

Try doing a comparison when looking down the road at an angle.

I believe photomode adds higher af and aa coverage.

And why are you only posting close up screenshots.

Try posting one that actually shows more than a character's head and a building a wall of a building blocking the rest of the view.

topgunmv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#416  Edited By topgunmv
Member since 2003 • 10880 Posts

@RyviusARC:

A big round object like a head and angled lines like the building in the background are pretty much perfect for showing differences in AA levels.

Also:

http://static1.gamespot.com/uploads/original/135/1353408/2612369-infamous+second+son%E2%84%A2_20140730040437.jpg

http://static1.gamespot.com/uploads/original/135/1353408/2612370-infamous+second+son%E2%84%A2_20140730040446.jpg

m3dude1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#417 m3dude1

photomode in I:SS doesnt improve the graphics in any way. GTA V does have better LOD, but close up detail is far behind I:SS

RyviusARC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#418  Edited By RyviusARC

@topgunmv said:

@RyviusARC:

A big round object like a head and angled lines like the building in the background are pretty much perfect for showing differences in AA levels.

Also:

http://static1.gamespot.com/uploads/original/135/1353408/2612369-infamous+second+son%E2%84%A2_20140730040437.jpg

http://static1.gamespot.com/uploads/original/135/1353408/2612370-infamous+second+son%E2%84%A2_20140730040446.jpg

Ok I guess I was wrong.

But that doesn't take away the fact from what I said about GTA V having much better draw distance and LOD.

I will also add in that it has better shadows and foliage cover.

The cars also look worse in Second Son.

RyviusARC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#419  Edited By RyviusARC

@m3dude1 said:

photomode in I:SS doesnt improve the graphics in any way. GTA V does have better LOD, but close up detail is far behind I:SS

If Second Son was a corridor shooter then it would be fine having only good close up detail.

But instead it's much more open so having more aggressive draw distance and LOD makes it look worse overall.

m3dude1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#420  Edited By m3dude1

the lod isnt nearly bad enough in I:SS to make GTA V the better looking game

RyviusARC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#421 RyviusARC

@m3dude1 said:

the lod isnt nearly bad enough in I:SS to make GTA V the better looking game

Sure thing man...

m3dude1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#422  Edited By m3dude1

most of the assets and shading show their ps360 roots. rockstar did a good job all things considered, but yeah. its an engine designed for ancient hardware.

VanDammFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#423  Edited By VanDammFan
Member since 2009 • 4783 Posts

@KBFloYd said:

looks fine for a casual...

a more savvy gamer will go to PC.

graphics dont make "casual"...the game does.. example...minecraft=casual....FPS of your choice in tournaments=NONcasual.. dont agree? dont care..

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#424 AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts

They are ok , nothing more nothing less. The only console game got me impressed up till now is Uncharted 4 live demo.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#425 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

LOL at the Infamous and GTA5 comparison. Who gives a shit on graphics, GTA shits on Infamous as fun game to play

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#426  Edited By AM-Gamer
Member since 2012 • 8116 Posts

@RyviusARC: You are wrong, Infamous does not add AA or AF. It allows you to adjust motion blur and Dof if you want but the assets are the same.

GTA at its max detail looks like shit compared to Infamous SS. So if it's lod is more aggressive it's because it has a much higher bar to reach. AC unity on PC has aggressive lod changes as well and that doesn't change the fact that it also shit kicks GTA V visually.

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#427 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts

@Krelian-co said:

No, it can hardly do 1080p, 30 fps is pathetic, i hate fps dips, jaggies everywhere and it takes forever to load anything. The only reason i even look at consoles is because exclusives.

Hell I would have been ok if the PS4 rendered at 720p if it meant every game was 60fps.. The 30fps "standard" is ridiculous.