PS4 graphics are pretty good - don't you agree?

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#301  Edited By AM-Gamer
Member since 2012 • 8116 Posts

Glitchy ass forum

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#302 AM-Gamer

@Jankarcop said:

@AM-Gamer The gtaV shots I posted demolish any SS shots. Witcher3 PC also demolishes SS. SS is fighting for 4th place with modded Watchdogs/Skyrim.

You lost.

Yet nobody seems to agree with you.

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#303  Edited By Jankarcop
Member since 2011 • 11058 Posts

@AM-Gamer said:

@Jankarcop said:

@AM-Gamer The gtaV shots I posted demolish any SS shots. Witcher3 PC also demolishes SS. SS is fighting for 4th place with modded Watchdogs/Skyrim.

You lost.

You must have skipped NydaDC, Krelian, 04dcarrera, QuadKnight, and Delta posts.....you're more blind than I thought. The screenshots speak for themselves.

The only person to agree with you that SS>GTAV was a low post troll account (BobRossPerm). SS is at 4/5th place for open world gfx, i'll give you that.

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#304  Edited By Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

@AM-Gamer said:

@Jankarcop said:

You lost.

on contrary, no one agrees with you, you are delusional enough to think the ps4 can produce better graphics than pcs 3-4 times or more stronger. That is a fact, feel free to continue being delusional.

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#305 AM-Gamer

@Krelian-co: Because 3x more powerful makes games automatically look better. By your definition Pac man will look better then any console game if the PC that runs it is more powerful.

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#306 Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

@AM-Gamer said:

@Krelian-co: Because 3x more powerful makes games automatically look better. By your definition Pac man will look better then any console game if the PC that runs it is more powerful.

feel free to keep trying to make dumb examples.

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#307 AM-Gamer

@Krelian-co: Feel free to think last gen shaders and geometry with spruced up effects and higher IQ make it beat a PS4 exclusive.

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#308 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

Infamous does look better than gta5, easily.

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#309 AM-Gamer

@delta3074 said:

@AM-Gamer said:

@delta3074: Sure it does. I said they looked exactly alike he said they looked NOTHING alike. And you attacked me not him.

How can I admit anything to someone who can't even spell admit? And you are talking about reading comprehension?

Talking with you is Akin to having your brains smashed out with a very large hammer, Again you missed the entire point of my initial post or any thereafter.

'I said they looked exactly alike he said they looked NOTHING alike. And you attacked me not him.'

i attacked you because you contradicted yourself, he did not Contradict himself

Spelling=/=reading comprehension, reading Comprehension is understanding what is written, you kept claiming and are still claiming i was backing up his argument, i was not and nothing in my post would even imply that so you obviously did not understand what i was writing or even the Context i was writing in.

I only have a problem spelling on keyboards because i type too fast and don't check what i am writing, it has nothing to do with not knowing how a word is Spelt.

I have an A level in English literature, my spelling is perfect when i am not typing.

One last time lets see if you get it

The SOLE PURPOSE of my original post was to POINT OUT YOUR BLATANT CONTRADICTION not to back up his argument or debunk yours.

Basically, you are an idiot for defeating your own argument in your own post, you admitted DC adds AA in photo mode so therefore it cannot look EXACTLY the same in photo mode as it does in game

I cannot believe it took this long and you are still missing the entire point of my first post.

Anyway, Reply with whatever, i won't be reading it, i cannot be bothered talking with someone who doesn't even seem to understand the entire point of what i am saying.

And infamous SS is NOT the king of open world games, not even close, get real.

I will address your Skyrim comment first.....

Didn't you say you were just a console gamer? And now you are telling me how great modded Skyrim looks? Please stfu with your mindless garbage. Skyrim mods add outstanding textures and some nice lighting , it still has that horribly outdated geometry with low poly environments and character models. That's not to mention the god awful animations but you wouldn't know that right?

You then said Jankrop has not contradicted himself but I did so therefore you decided to attack me. This is a public forum so when you take the topic at hand and only decide to address one person that would generally be accepted as you are taking the other persons side. That's not even counting the fact he has contradicted himself several times in this thread actually. He went on to trash cows for posting photo mode bull-shots without HUD's and then precedes to post nothing but Hudless GTA and FC4 pics. Funny you haven't made a peep yet you wanted to attack me over the term "exactly" so now lets address you.

If you have a A level in literature you would know spelt is not the correct word it's spelled. Don't criticize people for not being able to understand words with more then four letters and then precede to misspell a word with 5 letters. Don't talk about how you don't have the time to be bothered with spell checking because you type so fast when you have over 18 thousand post in a gaming forum and have the time to respond to me time and time again with illiterate drivel. I personally don' t care about your ability to type or spell as I don't try to personally insult someone over meaningless things. People respond in these forums with Hyperbole and I tend to do the same( System wars will drag you down to that level) but if were going to call people out on there intelligence at least learn to type and spell...... ok Sunshine?

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#310 NyaDC
Member since 2014 • 8006 Posts

Infamous looks so much better guys!

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#311 Jankarcop

Am-gamer has been taken out with the garbage.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#312 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Infamous does look better. Not just the lighting but the animation demolishes GTA5 easily.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a7fcf5e55c95
deactivated-5a7fcf5e55c95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#313 deactivated-5a7fcf5e55c95
Member since 2011 • 2103 Posts

@lostrib said:

I'm not sure who to root for

I think it's best to just sit back and watch things unfold.

Avatar image for stereointegrity
stereointegrity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#314 stereointegrity
Member since 2007 • 12151 Posts

@lostrib said:

@stereointegrity: it's just jankar and AMgamer throwing screenshots at each other

ah gotcha

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#315 Jankarcop

@stereointegrity said:

@lostrib said:

@stereointegrity: it's just jankar and AMgamer throwing screenshots at each other

ah gotcha

And I ended up winning.

stereointegrity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#316 stereointegrity

@Jankarcop: but u did cherry pick shitty screen shots....be real here

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#317 Jankarcop

@stereointegrity said:

Nice, super blurry photomode shots and/or resized/cropped images.

The ones I posted were 100% direct feeds during actual gameplay. SS looks like horse shit. PS4's best games aren't nearly as good as PC's best. (GFX)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#318 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

People are saying GTA5 looks better than this?

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#319 NyaDC

@Heirren said:

As an overall cohesive product when you factor everything in? Absolutely.

Doozie78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#320  Edited By Doozie78
Member since 2014 • 1123 Posts

The graphics on PS4 are decent for such shitty hardware. It rarely impresses graphically but it also rarely looks so dire you want to hurl.

stereointegrity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#321 stereointegrity

@Jankarcop said:

@stereointegrity said:

Nice, super blurry photomode shots and/or resized/cropped images.

The ones I posted were 100% direct feeds during actual gameplay. SS looks like horse shit. PS4's best games aren't nearly as good as PC's best. (GFX)

please link me to where u got all of those "direct feed" shots please...i will go pop the game in now to compare

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#322 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

Screenshot wars are so stupid.

Quicksilver128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#323 Quicksilver128
Member since 2003 • 7075 Posts

@Jankarcop said:

@stereointegrity said:

@lostrib said:

ah gotcha

And I ended up winning.

I will have to respectfully disagree especially if your argument is GTA5 looks better then Infamous SS regardless of platform.

Quicksilver128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#324  Edited By Quicksilver128
Member since 2003 • 7075 Posts

@nyadc said:

@Heirren said:

As an overall cohesive product when you factor everything in? Absolutely.

I don't want to be dragged into the dirt on this subject but from a visual and technical perspective no it doesn't.

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#325  Edited By Jankarcop

@Heirren Resized gifs...really? What is this...2004?

Can you post in-gameplay (direct feeds with HUD) shots of SS that look better than GTAV-4k-Ultra? The ones you guys post have 100% blurred out backgrounds because only the character models are decent in that game.

Face it, GTAV looks better overall. Look I know second place sucks, but you're going to have to admit PC has better gfx.

yanni1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#326  Edited By yanni1
Member since 2004 • 1067 Posts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tktMryae6R0

@AM-Gamer said:

@Jankarcop: 8.0 is poor now? And GTA V and modded skyrim did you really just mention those two? Infamous SS dumps all over those so if Infamous looks like shit those other games must be unplayable. The photo mode doesn't add assets on either of those games so the massive differences you see that don't exist is hilarious.

Or your just a delusional troll which I'm going to go with the latter.

scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#327 scatteh316
Member since 2004 • 10273 Posts

This thread is full off bellends.... stop posting photo mode shots.... they're bullshit.....

I've played I:SS and in places it can look so bad..... it has it's moments of beauty but it's to inconsistent to be considered an over all good looking game.

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#328  Edited By Jankarcop

How it looks when you're actually playing,

http://i.imgur.com/KPIEYQp.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y180/nchoudhury/InFamous%20Second%20Son/20140321055442-1.jpg~original

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#329  Edited By AM-Gamer

@scatteh316: Look at all the non HuD shots from hermits lmao. Someone posted high quality gifs and it's still not good enough for you stupid trolls.

GTA V looks like shit in comparison get over it.

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#330 AM-Gamer

@Jankarcop: Other then a few raging hermits nobody agrees with you , pack it up loser.

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#331 tdkmillsy
Member since 2003 • 6039 Posts

#

@tormentos said:

@tdkmillsy said:

You exposed an old account which has the same name congratulations, your investigation skills are top class.

Different country, different timing of posts but that doesn't fit with your sad world.

Yeah i'm sure your not..hahaha

So because we signed up in the same year, have similar names, support the same console we are the same person. Yet when someone clearly points out it cant be cos they are in different countries and the timings of postings means one of them would have to get up in the middle of the night to post and the names are totally different (had tdkmillsy probably since before you where born) you still argue the point.

That about sums up all your posts on here. Sad, pathetic and often completely wrong but why would that stop you.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#332  Edited By Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

Drive Club and Infamous' graphics are so over hyped by fakeboys. Drive Club doesn't look impressive at all. Infamous is not even full open world. Its city is small and feels dead. Have no day and night cycles and a lot of scenes don't even feature dynamic shadows. The Order 1886 on other hand is a tiny room simulator. Games like Witcher 3, Assassin's Creed: Unity and Unreal Tournament make these games look like last gen indie games.

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#333 AM-Gamer

@Cloud_imperium: And you are calling people fakeboys?

MK-Professor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#334 MK-Professor
Member since 2009 • 4214 Posts

infamous SS looks and play like garbage for PC standards.

RyviusARC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#335 RyviusARC
Member since 2011 • 5708 Posts

@Jankarcop said:

@Heirren Resized gifs...really? What is this...2004?

Can you post in-gameplay (direct feeds with HUD) shots of SS that look better than GTAV-4k-Ultra? The ones you guys post have 100% blurred out backgrounds because only the character models are decent in that game.

Face it, GTAV looks better overall. Look I know second place sucks, but you're going to have to admit PC has better gfx.

That looks worse than GTA V......a last gen game.

Avatar image for deactivated-57d8401f17c55
deactivated-57d8401f17c55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#336 deactivated-57d8401f17c55
Member since 2012 • 7221 Posts

@Heirren said:

Infamous does look better. Not just the lighting but the animation demolishes GTA5 easily.

Yeah, SS was the first game to impress me this gen, though not as much as Gears last gen.

Certain things like LOD and AF will be better on GTAV simply because it's on PC but everything else is no contest. That said it's not a generational difference between the two, the hardware leap this gen just wasn't big enough.

whalefish82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#337 whalefish82
Member since 2013 • 511 Posts

You have to take into account how much more GTA V is doing when comparing it to SS, in terms of NCPs, traffic and the weather cycles. The only victory for Infamous is character models and particle effects. I found traversing the lifeless, empty city extremely boring.

Another game easy to shoot down is The Order. Compare screens of that with the indoor environments of, say, AC Unity at ultra on PC and the latter looks just as aesthetically pleasing, with less blur, plus it's a huge open-world rendition of French Revolution era Paris, as opposed to a corridor-simulator. I will concede that The Order's character models are outstanding but that's not really surprising or that impressive given the fact they take up a larger than usual amount of the poly-count.

whalefish82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#338 whalefish82
Member since 2013 • 511 Posts

To elaborate on my previous post regarding characters models and graphics in general, a trend I've noticed with next-gen console games is that they often only focus on near details. So, you get very good character models and reasonable closeup environments but everything in the distance is a blurry mess, if you can see it at all. Obviously it's partly because console gamers sit further away from their screens, so if developers have to make graphical sacrifices, it'll usually be in that area, but most gamers play on huge TVs so it's still very noticeable.

A good example is the new Final Fantasy. The characters models, despite looking like a ridiculous emo J-pop band, are excellent but the distance detail is horribly off-putting for me, with a hideous, unnatural blur effect everywhere you look. If it was on PC it would be crystal clear and much better for it but unfortunately the PS4 just wouldn't be able to handle that. I'd actually prefer less detail on characters if it meant having a clearer image and better draw distance overall but the reality is, the next-gen consoles are just extremely inconsistent graphically because the hardware is so underwhelming.

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#339 NyaDC
@AM-Gamer said:

@scatteh316: Look at all the non HuD shots from hermits lmao. Someone posted high quality gifs and it's still not good enough for you stupid trolls.

GTA V looks like shit in comparison get over it.

PC games don't have "photo mode" so it doesn't matter if there is a HUD or not, what you see is what you get, use your head. Even games which are not even necessarily new anymore still look good on PC, everything looks good on PC and that is the point...

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#340 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52447 Posts

Yup. Much, much better than the xbone.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#341 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

@Jankarcop:

It is also the animation. The lighting overall is more consistent in Infamous. Landscapes at a distance always look good. The detail scales, just like character models. The biggest issue with GTA5 visually is the contrast betweent the detail of scenes and characters up close with stiff Halo 2esque animation.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#342 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@MK-Professor said:

So much bullshit and lies..

@RyviusARC said:

lol Hermit again pretending Infamous look bad..

You have to be a pretty insecure person pretend Infamous look bad,you can argue other games run at higher resolution and higher frames but the level of fidelity in Infamous is quite great.

ProtossX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#343  Edited By ProtossX
Member since 2005 • 2880 Posts

@tormentos said:

@MK-Professor said:

So much bullshit and lies..

@RyviusARC said:

lol Hermit again pretending Infamous look bad..

You have to be a pretty insecure person pretend Infamous look bad,you can argue other games run at higher resolution and higher frames but the level of fidelity in Infamous is quite great.

why doesn't sony put it on pc tho, it used to be like ps3 games didn't have problems but now all the ps4 versions are 30 fps or low res like 900p why isn't these games on pc u can do 60 fps now a days u can do 4k res

u can do all this stuff tormentos why doesn't sony let these games shine? these games deserve better than ps4 they deserve to be on the platform they were made on imo

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#344  Edited By tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@tdkmillsy said:

#

So because we signed up in the same year, have similar names, support the same console we are the same person. Yet when someone clearly points out it cant be cos they are in different countries and the timings of postings means one of them would have to get up in the middle of the night to post and the names are totally different (had tdkmillsy probably since before you where born) you still argue the point.

That about sums up all your posts on here. Sad, pathetic and often completely wrong but why would that stop you.

Oh please there is a lot of ways to fake your location..hahaha

You know what they say if it look like shit smell like shit and taste like shit damn it most be shit.

rrjim1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#345 rrjim1
Member since 2005 • 1983 Posts

Yes, the PS4 has OK graphics just like the X1, the PC has the best, everyone should know that, it's just plain common sense. My PS4 is getting dusty and new games worth playing,

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#346  Edited By tdkmillsy
Member since 2003 • 6039 Posts

@tormentos said:

@tdkmillsy said:

#

Oh please there is a lot of ways to fake your location..hahaha

You know what they say if it look like shit smell like shit and taste like shit damn it most be shit.

Yay another example of not excepting the facts when they are staring at you in the face.

I suppose I set my alarm clock for early hours so I can get up and post on these forums as TTBoy. Some of us have better things to do, unlike you.

And I bet even now you wont admit you are wrong, the only person talking shit here is you, but that's nothing new.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#347 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

@rrjim1 said:

Yes, the PS4 has OK graphics just like the X1, the PC has the best, everyone should know that, it's just plain common sense. My PS4 is getting dusty and new games worth playing,

These things do not create the graphics. Artists and designers create the graphics. Sony is willing to front the money to pay for talented people, often times. These people, and as a benefit of consoles, have the time to create such things within a set paradigm. A good artist can create more with less, than that of an amateur one. There are a select few Playstation 4 games that rival most pc games.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#348  Edited By jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts
@AM-Gamer said:

He went on to trash cows for posting photo mode bull-shots without HUD's and then precedes to post nothing but Hudless GTA and FC4 pics.

Personally, I think PS4 games do look good. But, as for HUD-less games, does the PS4 allow gameplay with no HUD like on the PC? For example, GTA V PC has options for no UI as do FC4.

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#349 AM-Gamer

@nyadc: If all those games look good to you on PC then Infamous SS along with other top tier console games should look better. The vast majority of the titles you posted were last gen ports with extra effects. That doesn't put them abo've anything on consoles. That's my point!

I'm not claiming the PS4 is more powerful then PC , if you took infamous SS and it ran on a 980 lvl GPU it would look even better and run better on PC. But these last gen ports don't look better then games built for next gen consoles. Geometry, lighting, animations, mods and IQ settings only do so much.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#350  Edited By ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

@tormentos:

And here we go again with Ronvalecia school of hypocrisy.

They only hypocrisy comes from you.

So a 1.6 Ghz CPU can a drive a 7850OC to 30FPS but some how an 1.75GHz one can't drive 30 on a 7770.?

Metro dev already gave some reasons for XBO's higher CPU usage than PS4 e.g. dependency tracking.

From http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-alien-isolation-face-off

In comparison, both consoles target 30fps as the target frame-rate, although neither manages to solidly stick to it under load. Performance is mostly stable on PS4 with frame-rates incurring a light drop in combat, but the action remains v-synced at all times, so we never encounter any tearing. The main distraction comes in the form of brief freezes throughout the game, which temporarily sees frame-times languishing in the 200-460ms area, depending on the length of the pause.

Neither consoles sustained 30 fps as the minimum frame rate. You created an argument from fictional basis.

That quote you make from metro developer is debunked by him self on that same article you fool,He stated that was on the MONO driver period on the crappy mono drive and he him self not only state that MS had tools to work around the problem but also that they have a DX12 like API already but Metro developer didn't have time to use it,what fu** up the game you idiot was the fact that it was a game made for 5 platforms period.

He did NOT debunk himself you fool. You missed the question includes "low overhead" calls you stupid cow.

Digital Foundry: To what extent will DX12 prove useful on Xbox One? Isn't there already a >>>>>> LOW CPU overhead <<<<<<<<< there in addressing the GPU?

Oles Shishkovstov: No, it's important. All the dependency tracking takes a huge slice of CPU power. And if we are talking about the multi-threaded command buffer chunks generation - the DX11 model was essentially a 'flop', while DX12 should be the right one.

That is funny because Project cars developer claims to have split rendering over several cores something you people claim is not happening..hahaha

You attempted to use Killzone Shadow Fall's workload screenshot that shown single CPU draw submission you clown.

Project Cars developer's claims was for PS4 nothing for XBO.

Current XBO has one async compute context and one immediate rendering context.

DX12 expands XBO's Async context and removes deferred context multithreading to serialisation to immediate rendering context.

Again, XBO DX11.X is beyond PC's DX11.2 but falls short of DX12 i.e. XBO's DX11.X is a half baked API.

am waiting for you to explain to me why that gap is 97% when the PS4 GPU isn't 97% stronger than the xbox one CPU...hahahaaa

Again,

1. You created an argument from fictional basis.

2. DX12 expands XBO's Async context (from a single context) and removes deferred context multithreading to serialisation to immediate rendering context.

3. XBO DX11.X is beyond PC's DX11.2 but falls short of DX12 i.e. XBO's DX11.X is a half baked API.

4. Ubisoft shows XBO is being gimped by it's current API.