Playstation Plus tiers are here! Current PS Now members get a free upgrade to Premium!

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 0

#401  Edited By Pedro  Online
Member since 2002 • 69998 Posts
@SolidGame_basic said:

You just proved my point again. It's been 6 months since the last Xbox 1st party game dropped on Game Pass. Let that sink in.. oh and if that wasn't bad, Deathloop came out on PS5 and still not on XSX 😆

Halo Infinite was released December 8th 2021, less than 4 months ago and still PS Plus has minus Day 1 first party releases.

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#402  Edited By Antwan3K  Online
Member since 2005 • 8269 Posts
@zerothehero said:

PSP + PS1 + PS2 (Playstation Premium $120 per year) > Garbage first party games day one + trash games (Xbox GamePass $180 per year)

The choice is so friggin ez for me its not even in the same ball park league

so you're going to subscribe to PS Plus Premium so you can play PS1, PS2, and PSP games on your PS5?..

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#403  Edited By HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13669 Posts
@SolidGame_basic said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:
@SolidGame_basic said:
@iambatman7986 said:

My problem with the service is that they are:

1. Locking demos behind a paywall and the top tier at that.

2. Making me subscribe to a service, again the top tier, to play previous generational bc games to which I have already purchased many of in the past. The competition on the other hand is just allowing me to pop in a disk.

3. No day 1 releases. I understand Sony likes selling games for $70.00, but the competition has a decent 1st party line-up in the works and all of their games will be offered on GP day 1. I will have to wait to play PS 1st party games on Sony's competing service.

4. Streaming PS3 games. How can Sony not get an emulator working for the PS3?

I feel like the second tier is as high as I would go, and that is a big if as of now.

How do you know it's a demo? Demos are designed to give you a brief glimpse into the game. but a game trial could be longer than that. but maybe not, we'll see.

true that PS5 doesn't allow true BC for legacy systems, but it's still pretty good value for tons of games.

the competition hasn't had a big 1st party release in months. Halo and Forza came out in November! also, $70 games are on Xbox too. pretty funny how people seem to ignore that 😄

the PS3 emulator does suck.

First party games:

Halo Infinite: 9/10

Forza Horizon 5: 9/10

Psychonauts 2: 9/10

Deathloop: 10/10

"pretty funny how people seem to ignore that 😄" indeed it is. :-S

HFW: 8/10

GT7: Cluster ****/10

You just proved my point again. It's been 6 months since the last Xbox 1st party game dropped on Game Pass. Let that sink in.. oh and if that wasn't bad, Deathloop came out on PS5 and still not on XSX 😆

Dude they dropped four AT ONCE in the holiday season, I think they'll be forgiven for not dropping any more AAAEs so quick.

How big was the gap between HFW and the last big PS exclusive? And GoW may not come out for 6 month or more. So glass houses and all that.

Deathloop is STILL a MS game and it's the last game PS will see from Arkane Studios. It also got a 10/10 before any other PS game. A MS game outscored both HFW and GT7, the first PS exclusives to release in AGES. So "let that sink in".

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#404 HalcyonScarlet

@Pedro said:
@SolidGame_basic said:

Halo Infinite was released December 8th 2021, less than 4 months ago and still PS Plus has minus Day 1 first party releases.

Also, do you know the time gap between HFW and PSs last exclusive release last year?

I don't even know what it was, but it's been a long time, because the cows were getting teased about it.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#405 HalcyonScarlet
@Antwan3K said:
@zerothehero said:

PSP + PS1 + PS2 (Playstation Premium $120 per year) > Garbage first party games day one + trash games (Xbox GamePass $180 per year)

The choice is so friggin ez for me its not even in the same ball park league

so you're going to subscribe to PS Plus Premium so you can play PS1, PS2, and PSP games on your PS5?..

Dude, I'm into retro gaming, but even I'll say that trying to go back to 3D games from the 5th and 6th gen are not that easy. There is no way the average gamer is going to do it.

The original Xbox can just about get away with it, because the GPU was powerful enough to still look decent in a lot of games. NGB is still a dream. But most PS2 games haven't aged well. I don't find it easy to get into my PS2 or PS2 games on PSNow (PC), because the graphics are a shite side worse.

A few genres will be fine though. JRPGs and 2D games (2D games never age), I'm sure a few others. But three quarters of of the library of 5th and 6th gen games that we used to accept, are not really acceptable to the average gamer now. I can play N64 games out of nostalgia, but that's a personal thing.

As I said, out of fascination, someone like me will try old stuff out. On the original Xbox, I've been playing Pro Evo 5, NGB (which really hasn't aged at all), Toca Race Driver 2 and Half Life 2 (only borderline playable on Xbox). Just picked up Blinx, Munch's Oddysee and Tony Hawk's Underground 2, but haven't played them yet.

But for me I want to see what the ai, physics and sound were like. Otogi sounds incredible btw. Just want to say on Otogi, exclusivity sucks, because a game like that has been lost to time now. How many others have been lost because they were exclusive to some old console?

Actually got Red Faction on the PS2, graphics aren't great, but I'm fascinated by the destruction in it considering it was the first game and what they were able to do with the PS2.

I was speaking to some people into WRPGs, and they won't even play Morrowind. I've been playing it for a bit though, on Xbox, again, just out of fascination. The soundtrack is really nice.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#406 SolidGame_basic  Online
Member since 2003 • 45313 Posts

@HalcyonScarlet said:
@SolidGame_basic said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:
@SolidGame_basic said:
@iambatman7986 said:

2. Making me subscribe to a service, again the top tier, to play previous generational bc games to which I have already purchased many of in the past. The competition on the other hand is just allowing me to pop in a disk.

3. No day 1 releases. I understand Sony likes selling games for $70.00, but the competition has a decent 1st party line-up in the works and all of their games will be offered on GP day 1. I will have to wait to play PS 1st party games on Sony's competing service.

I feel like the second tier is as high as I would go, and that is a big if as of now.

How do you know it's a demo? Demos are designed to give you a brief glimpse into the game. but a game trial could be longer than that. but maybe not, we'll see.

true that PS5 doesn't allow true BC for legacy systems, but it's still pretty good value for tons of games.

the competition hasn't had a big 1st party release in months. Halo and Forza came out in November! also, $70 games are on Xbox too. pretty funny how people seem to ignore that 😄

First party games:

Halo Infinite: 9/10

Forza Horizon 5: 9/10

Psychonauts 2: 9/10

Deathloop: 10/10

"pretty funny how people seem to ignore that 😄" indeed it is. :-S

HFW: 8/10

GT7: Cluster ****/10

Dude they dropped four AT ONCE in the holiday season, I think they'll be forgiven for not dropping any more AAAEs so quick.

How big was the gap between HFW and the last big PS exclusive? And GoW may not come out for 6 month or more. So glass houses and all that.

Deathloop is STILL a MS game and it's the last game PS will see from Arkane Studios. It also got a 10/10 before any other PS game. A MS game outscored both HFW and GT7, the first PS exclusives to release in AGES. So "let that sink in".

We're talking about GamePass dude. All Lems can say is that they get MS 1st party games Day 1, yet it's been months since the last one came out. And Deathloop still isn't on Xbox or GamePass 🤣

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#407  Edited By HalcyonScarlet
@SolidGame_basic said:

We're talking about GamePass dude. All Lems can say is that they get MS 1st party games Day 1, yet it's been months since the last one came out. And Deathloop still isn't on Xbox or GamePass 🤣

You said "the competition hasn't had a big 1st party releasein months."

All of those games are 1st party.

Three of the games I mentioned came on Gamepass DAY ONE across Xbox and PC.

"MS 1st party games Day 1, yet it's been months since the last one came out"

No one said MS was going to be banging out 1st party games for Gamepass, and they shouldn't. But they have now 23 studios and the fact that they aren't charging people extra for any of their big first party releases is massive. I really don't get the point of your argument.

The next Elder Scrolls game will be day one, that's huge. All those ips. And MS seems to have learned an important lesson about not rushing games, which is why a lot of their games last year were of better quality than in the past.

Last gen they rushed out Forza Motorsport 5 and it showed. They used to bang them out every 2 years. They've stopped. So I'm happy about that.

I admire that despite the immense pressure on Sony during the 7th gen, because of the PS3s botched launch and complex CPU, they never allowed ANY of their games to be rushed.

So your argument is weird to me.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#408 SolidGame_basic  Online

@HalcyonScarlet said:
@SolidGame_basic said:

No one said MS was going to be banging out 1st party games for Gamepass, and they shouldn't. But they have now 23 studios and the fact that they aren't charging people extra for any of their big first party releases is massive. I really don't get the point of your argument.

The next Elder Scrolls game will be day one, that's huge. All those ips. And MS seems to have learned an important lesson about not rushing games, which is why a lot of their games last year were of better quality than in the past.

Last gen they rushed out Forza Motorsport 5 and it showed. They used to bang them out every 2 years. They've stopped. So I'm happy about that.

I admire that despite the immense pressure on Sony during the 7th gen, because of the PS3s botched launch and complex CPU, they never allowed ANY of their games to be rushed.

It's amazing how you keep proving my point again and again 🤣 Lems keep saying that GamePass is great because they get 1st party titles Day 1, but those titles are far and few in between. And you just proved it again by mentioning Elder Scrolls, which has no release date and literally no gameplay footage.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#409  Edited By HalcyonScarlet
@SolidGame_basic said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:
@SolidGame_basic said:

It's amazing how you keep proving my point again and again 🤣 Lems keep saying that GamePass is great because they get 1st party titles Day 1, but those titles are far and few in between. And you just proved it again by mentioning Elder Scrolls, which has no release date and literally no gameplay footage.

Okay, let me clear this up. No one cares, it's a stupid point. It's a REALLY stupid point. Like, it's Donald Trump levels of stupid points.

What makes it worse, is that it's a stupid point without any prior claims that would be the case, and it's a stupid point without an endgame, because where are you going with this?

I'm having trouble articulating how much of a bad point it is.

iambatman7986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#410  Edited By iambatman7986
Member since 2013 • 4580 Posts

@SolidGame_basic said:
@iambatman7986 said:

Game trials are a way to try a game, which is a demo of a game. It may be longer than the old demos, but it is still letting you try a game to see if you want to purchase it.

Value to me is letting me pop in the disk I already owned and it then plays the game. No additional money needed. I am not saying getting close to 400 games for a few more dollars a month or $20 a year is a bad deal, but I already have a huge collection of PS1, PS2, and PS3 games I have invested money in, I should not have to invest more money to play those games on a console that has a solution to play them natively. Especially when xbox offers this for free. No sub needed at all.

I feel like Sony is missing an opportunity for mass growth of the service. They could have created another tier, charged more monthly and charged $179.99 yearly to match GP and it offers Sony's first party day and date. I feel like Sony would see a lot of people signing up to that tier and possibly see the same growth GP is seeing. Maybe they will see that growth anyways, but most people I speak to are sticking with the basic tier until more PS5 first party games hit the service.

MS isn't charging $70 though. The reason publishers are raising their prices is because Sony normalized it. They were making record profits and raised the prices just because they know people will still buy the games. I personally am just looking for the best value and Sony adding first party games day and date would have been a great value to me. If the service had great growth, Sony would make plenty of money to keep investing in top tier games.

I am loving my PS5, but I would have really liked to see them do more than basically just combining PS+ and PS Now. It isn't a bad service or a bad deal. Like I said, I just want the most for my money.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#411 Pedro  Online

@SolidGame_basic said:

In 4 days, MLB The Show 22, a Sony first party game is launching day 1 on GamePass. A game that is $70 on PS5 and is made under PlayStation Studios. Let that sink in.😌

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#412 Pedro  Online

@HalcyonScarlet said:

Also, do you know the time gap between HFW and PSs last exclusive release last year?

I don't even know what it was, but it's been a long time, because the cows were getting teased about it.

8 months.😎

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#413 SolidGame_basic  Online

@HalcyonScarlet said:
@SolidGame_basic said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:
@SolidGame_basic said:

Okay, let me clear this up. No one cares, it's a stupid point. It's a REALLY stupid point. Like, it's Donald Trump levels of stupid points.

What makes it worse, is that it's a stupid point without any prior claims that would be the case, and it's a stupid point without an endgame, because where are you going with this?

I think you're having trouble just articulating at all 🤣

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#414 HalcyonScarlet
@SolidGame_basic said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:
@SolidGame_basic said:

I think you're having trouble just articulating at all 🤣

You're conflating my ability to articulate with your ability to comprehend. ;-)

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#415 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46486 Posts

@iambatman7986: Sony was part of the wave that normalized the €70 price point (€80 on my regional Sony store, are you taking a piss?). But they sure weren't the first.

The first were the yearly rehashes that get away with anything. The CODs, the Fifas, the NBAs.

Jim Sterling said it best: you'll see it's always the games that already make the insane profits that are the first to include these things: season passes, live services, lootboxes, microtransactions, and now again with increased pricepoints (offering us nothing in return).

€70 hasn't been standardized on PC yet, and I will try my darndest to see that it isn't.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#416 SolidGame_basic  Online

PSA: you can get a 12 month subscription of PS Now for $59.99 right now and it will automatically be upgraded to PS Plus Premium in June! Stacked mine for three years lol.

Avatar image for Nonstop-Madness
Nonstop-Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#417 Nonstop-Madness
Member since 2008 • 12340 Posts

@SolidGame_basic: How exactly do you do that? I can't seem to find the 12 month option anywhere.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#418 SolidGame_basic  Online

@Nonstop-Madness said:

@SolidGame_basic: How exactly do you do that? I can't seem to find the 12 month option anywhere.

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/IP9101-NPIA90010_01-PSNOWSUB12MO0000

Works for me on my desktop browser

Avatar image for Nonstop-Madness
Nonstop-Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#419 Nonstop-Madness
Member since 2008 • 12340 Posts

@SolidGame_basic: Very nice, thanks!