Playstation Plus tiers are here! Current PS Now members get a free upgrade to Premium!

rmpumper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#301 rmpumper
Member since 2016 • 2150 Posts

Wait a minute, so cows went from "xbox gamepass is trash and will never be viable" to "ps gamepass is better"?

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#302 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

@rmpumper: I dunno, all I know is I'm keeping my 1st tier ps+ so I can play online, I'm good with that. Nothing else interest me with the other tiers or with gamepass.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#303 VFighter

@rmpumper: I dunno, all I know is I'm keeping my 1st tier ps+ so I can play online, I'm good with that. Nothing else interest me with the other tiers or with gamepass.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#304  Edited By Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34770 Posts

As someone who isn't interested in gamepass (despite being able to repeatedly get 3 months for $1), it's not even funny how little shit I give about Sony pass.

As long as I'm not forced into anything else, I'll continue to buy the games I want when I want them. Nintendo Switch is probably the last console I pay for a service for.

simple-facts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#305 simple-facts
Member since 2021 • 2592 Posts

PlayStation old game pass is shit.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#306 VFighter

@simple-facts: Is it as shit as all your post Bluestar or not even close to that shit?

HaH

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#307  Edited By HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13670 Posts
@mowgly1 said:
@Pedro said:

@mowgly1: It offers less bud. No amount of spin changes that fact. And no amount of spin changes the fact it cost more monthly.😂

So, beyond that fallacy do you own a PS5?😎

It offers more. 2X games more. How many games GPU has on Xbox? Little over 400. Right. Well, PS Now has over 800.

I have a PS1.

Cows move the goal posts from quality to quantity and back again so often it'll make your head spin.

Damage control one (quality): "YES, WE'RE NOT GETTING DAY 1 RELEASES, because Jim Ryan lied about it effecting the quality... Despite the fact that GT7 is always online and Sony tried to milk us dry with the in-game economy... Bu bu dat quality".

Damage control two (quantity): "Teh 800 games... Including PS1, PS2 and PSP games, you know, because BC is awesome now Sony are charging us for it, so lets pad out those numbers". You have to pull out a bunch of ancient games the average gamer will NEVER play to pad the numbers?

You keep saying the average PS gamer buys subscriptions yearly, well the average gamer is also not playing ancient PS1, PS2 and PSP games.

3D games from the 5th and 6th gen are not easy to get into on ANY platform, even the PC. Most 3D PS1 and PS2 games have not aged well AT ALL, you have to be hardcore into retro gaming to be able to play them.

And what happened to the other cow damage control of "we buy new systems for new games"?

UItravioIence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#308 UItravioIence
Member since 2016 • 3065 Posts

Dont really see a problem with this. It will make money for Sony. Why the hate?

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#309 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44277 Posts

Cows getting a good butt kicking here. lol :P

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#310 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45491 Posts

@SecretPolice: lol playing make believe today?

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#311 SecretPolice

@SolidGame_basic:

Always. lol :P

Sagemode87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#312 Sagemode87
Member since 2013 • 3418 Posts

@HalcyonScarlet: So you list GT7 as the poster boy for Sony quality? Something tells me you're not being genuine.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#313 HalcyonScarlet

@Sagemode87 said:

@HalcyonScarlet: So you list GT7 as the poster boy for Sony quality? Something tells me you're not being genuine.

It was literally the last Sony game to come out. :-S

And the irony of cows making Halo Infinite the poster boy for Gamepass. But I can't call out GT7?

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#314 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46650 Posts

@uitravioience said:

New stuff scares people.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#315 SolidGame_basic

@R4gn4r0k said:
@uitravioience said:

New stuff scares people.

Sony scares Lems 🤣

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#316 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70398 Posts

@HalcyonScarlet said:
@Sagemode87 said:

It was literally the last Sony game to come out. :-S

And the irony of cows making Halo Infinite the poster boy for Gamepass. But I can't call out GT7?

You struck a nerve.

Avatar image for OniLordAsmodeus
OniLordAsmodeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#317 OniLordAsmodeus
Member since 2010 • 381 Posts

@blaznwiipspman1 said:

I'll speak as a consumer first, and I'll bash it as a fanboy in later posts. I'll talk about the highest tier first, because that's the most interesting one.

There's some good news, in that its offering many of the same features as gpu, which includes access to many games from older libraries and some of these previous gen games are even downloadable. They are also following the gamepass model for 3rd party games. Many newer games will probably release on their service after a period of time.

The biggest drawbacks are 2 things. The first is that the price is $3 more per month than gpu. The second is that no day and date for new games on the service. Sony will likely play a balancing game, wait as long as they can to maximize sales before announcing a release on their service, or maybe some games won't be released on their service at all.

I'd like to point out that MS is probably a bigger first party publisher with more studios than sony is and the games that will release on gpu are on a really high level.

There is one piece of bad news for gpu subscribers. Sonys model is more expensive and offers less. This is pretty much a signal to MS to raise the price at some point.

Sorry guy, this is just a bad take.

• The backwards compatibility on the PS service is mix of downloadable and streaming only (and they haven't specified what applies to what game). On Game Pass Ultimate, everything is downloadable, and some of those things are cloud.
  • Price is in PS's favor. If you pay the monthly price you are just giving PS money for no reason. The yearly fee is the way to go, and honestly MS should do the same.
  • Your last point makes NO sense, as MS's offering a better deal in terms of content, options, and versatility. GPU puts Sony's offering in a bad light.

Honestly, PS Plus Premium shouldn't be compared to GPU, it should only be compared to the basic PC or Console GP plan ($10 per month / $120 per year). If you do that, the PS's offering is comparable to MS's, and in some ways it may be better. But GPU encompasses console, Mobile, and PC, where you can download and/or stream games, get monthly free games, access to XBL services, and EA Play. Not to mention the day one games and the coming deals with other services (Ubisoft games are said to be on the way).

PS's subscription service is kind of DOA in terms of offerings in the wake of GPU.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#318 HalcyonScarlet

@Pedro: It's all very lazy imo. Sony literally just consolidated services and adjusted the subscription... And demos. :-S

Feels like cows keep building up Sony and Sony delivers some flaccid products.

HERE COMES THE PLAYSTATION SHOWCASE 2021... there goes the playsation showcase 2021

HERE COMES 2 OUT 3 OF PS 2022 BIG AAAES... there goes 2 out of 3 of ps 2022 big aaaes

HERE COMES PLAYSTATIONS GAMEPASS KILLER... there goes playstations gamepass killer

It's only March 2022, Sony's already blown their load and flopped for the year.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#319  Edited By SecretPolice

@HalcyonScarlet:

Pointing out all that is going make you a target. keep your head on a swivel, cows don't play fair and will lash out when you least expect it...

lolol :P

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#320 HalcyonScarlet

@OniLordAsmodeus said:
@blaznwiipspman1 said:

I'll speak as a consumer first, and I'll bash it as a fanboy in later posts. I'll talk about the highest tier first, because that's the most interesting one.

There's some good news, in that its offering many of the same features as gpu, which includes access to many games from older libraries and some of these previous gen games are even downloadable. They are also following the gamepass model for 3rd party games. Many newer games will probably release on their service after a period of time.

The biggest drawbacks are 2 things. The first is that the price is $3 more per month than gpu. The second is that no day and date for new games on the service. Sony will likely play a balancing game, wait as long as they can to maximize sales before announcing a release on their service, or maybe some games won't be released on their service at all.

I'd like to point out that MS is probably a bigger first party publisher with more studios than sony is and the games that will release on gpu are on a really high level.

There is one piece of bad news for gpu subscribers. Sonys model is more expensive and offers less. This is pretty much a signal to MS to raise the price at some point.

• The backwards compatibility on the PS service is mix of downloadable and streaming only (and they haven't specified what applies to what game). On Game Pass Ultimate, everything is downloadable, and some of those things are cloud.
  • Price is in PS's favor. If you pay the monthly price you are just giving PS money for no reason. The yearly fee is the way to go, and honestly MS should do the same.
  • Your last point makes NO sense, as MS's offering a better deal in terms of content, options, and versatility. GPU puts Sony's offering in a bad light.

Honestly, PS Plus Premium shouldn't be compared to GPU, it should only be compared to the basic PC or Console GP plan ($10 per month / $120 per year). If you do that, the PS's offering is comparable to MS's, and in some ways it may be better. But GPU encompasses console, Mobile, and PC, where you can download and/or stream games, get monthly free games, access to XBL services, and EA Play. Not to mention the day one games and the coming deals with other services (Ubisoft games are said to be on the way).

PS's subscription service is kind of DOA in terms of offerings in the wake of GPU.

I don't think that price advantage is a huge deal in that, it's something that wouldn't take a lot of effort for MS to be competitive with. They used to have 6 month and yearly Gamepass offerings, maybe this will encourage MS to take another look at that.

I just mean it's not the hardest thing MS is going to have to deal with. But as it stands, the yearly subscription cost is in PSs favour.

It's possible that MS went to monthly and 3 monthly as they were considering adjusting the price. But maybe these new price points from PS will deter any rise in price for Gamepass. So it could be a good thing.

Avatar image for OniLordAsmodeus
OniLordAsmodeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#321  Edited By OniLordAsmodeus
Member since 2010 • 381 Posts
@sheevpalpamemes said:
@mysticaldonut said:
@SecretPolice said:

Poor Phony, and I mean that...

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/playstation-boss-on-why-it-wont-launch-games-day-one-on-ps-plus-like-xbox-game-pass/1100-6501975/

Bovine brigade amcry. lol :P

Sony first party games are actually good and will sell, Xbox first party is pretty mediocre and can't sell well at full price. Hence why GP was started in the first place.

This is a stupid assessment. Gamepass is Windows 2.0. While the market is concerned with selling units (just like it was all about selling computers back in the 80's) Microsoft is going after software again. They went to be bigger than steam and be your source for gaming everywhere. They have the pockets to make this happen. We saw it in the 80's, we're seeing it in a different market now.

It has nothing to do with the new halo not scoring a 10 on gamespot. They want to own the market like they have in their other ventures, which is basically their market strategy.

Your thinking to big my guy. Lol! Most people who follow gaming / participate in the console war just don't have the history, or the ability to think that long term and pay attention to trends.

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#322 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7286 Posts

Still can't play PS3 games natively which is a shame but it was obvious sony had to do something. I would have thought would have just added ps plus and ps now together and be done with it.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#323  Edited By Pedro

@robert_sparkes said:

Still can't play PS3 games natively which is a shame but it was obvious sony had to do something. I would have thought would have just added ps plus and ps now together and be done with it.

Technically they did.

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#324 shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6857 Posts

@HalcyonScarlet said:
@shellcase86 said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:

Cold hard facts for the cows.

Sony will NEVER be able to compete with Gamepass in what they can offer with their service, it's a matter of financial power. They simply can't afford to be as financially aggressive as MS. They outright stated they can't afford to put 1st party games on their service day one.

Is that fact? I don't think that's what was stated. I believe PS boss Ryan said the games would suffer. That's not the same thing. Obviously, Sony is in less of a position to eat losses as MS, but it's not a matter of affordability.

When/if the market shifts more in MS's favor, then they'll move their 1st party to services sooner.

Games would suffer because they wouldn't make as much money as they wanted which would effect the budgets they could give the studios for games, they already charge $70 per 1st party game this gen. Sony can not afford to be that aggressive.

There is no other reason for games to suffer because they came out day one on Gamepass. MSs didn't last year. One of their games got a 10, and three others got a 9.

As long as studios have the time and budget to do what they need to do games will be decent.

Ah, that's actually a good point. Touché. You make a good point. We'll see!

Avatar image for sheevpalpamemes
SheevPalpamemes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#326 SheevPalpamemes
Member since 2020 • 2192 Posts

@OniLordAsmodeus said:
@sheevpalpamemes said:
@mysticaldonut said:
@SecretPolice said:

Poor Phony, and I mean that...

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/playstation-boss-on-why-it-wont-launch-games-day-one-on-ps-plus-like-xbox-game-pass/1100-6501975/

Bovine brigade amcry. lol :P

Sony first party games are actually good and will sell, Xbox first party is pretty mediocre and can't sell well at full price. Hence why GP was started in the first place.

This is a stupid assessment. Gamepass is Windows 2.0. While the market is concerned with selling units (just like it was all about selling computers back in the 80's) Microsoft is going after software again. They went to be bigger than steam and be your source for gaming everywhere. They have the pockets to make this happen. We saw it in the 80's, we're seeing it in a different market now.

It has nothing to do with the new halo not scoring a 10 on gamespot. They want to own the market like they have in their other ventures, which is basically their market strategy.

Your thinking to big my guy. Lol! Most people who follow gaming / participate in the console war just don't have the history, or the ability to think that long term and pay attention to trends.

Put that monacle on and lets make some investments my find sir!

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#327 KvallyX
Member since 2019 • 13105 Posts

@SolidGame_basic said:
@mysticaldonut said:

Are people really arguing over GPU being cheaper than PS Plus highest tier? Currently, the only way to buy GPU is monthly at $15 per month. If you buy per month with PS Plus highest tier it's $18 but you don't have to do so- you can choose to buy a year's worth for $120. Unreal that people are denying this

Yep, and don't forget, PS Plus includes online. If you want online with Game Pass, you have to get Ultimate. Sony's is cheaper and has more stuff.

Ultimate has substantially more stuff than the PS offering.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d2876fd4204
deactivated-63d2876fd4204

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#328 deactivated-63d2876fd4204
Member since 2016 • 9129 Posts

The real question is, will Lems keep parading the total Game Pass sub numbers around this board, or is that something to ignore now?

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#329 blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16597 Posts

@HalcyonScarlet said:

@Pedro: It's all very lazy imo. Sony literally just consolidated services and adjusted the subscription... And demos. :-S

Feels like cows keep building up Sony and Sony delivers some flaccid products.

HERE COMES THE PLAYSTATION SHOWCASE 2021... there goes the playsation showcase 2021

HERE COMES 2 OUT 3 OF PS 2022 BIG AAAES... there goes 2 out of 3 of ps 2022 big aaaes

HERE COMES PLAYSTATIONS GAMEPASS KILLER... there goes playstations gamepass killer

It's only March 2022, Sony's already blown their load and flopped for the year.

you know whats funny, the biggest PS5 hit to release is a MS game, deathloop. And ghostwire tokyo, another MS published game.

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#330  Edited By blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16597 Posts
@OniLordAsmodeus said:
@blaznwiipspman1 said:

buddy, even the basic GP service gets day and date access. I didn't know cloud streaming was only for GPU, but thats definitely a bonus for GPU subscribers. I said before that the PS Plus service is good as a stand alone product, but its obvious they aren't trying too hard to compete with GP. The PS Plus service is worth while as you do get games like spiderman, miles morales, returnal for free. You would normally pay $70 plus tax for each of these games. So thats a BIG savings right there. For ps5 fans, the subscription service might make sense on a month to month basis.

My other point about the ps plus tiers being bad for GP is also true. Do you know how businesses work? They only offer better services when theres COMPETITION. This service by sony might make sense for ps5 fans, but in the broader subscription market, its actually pretty ass compared to GPU. If MS isn't feeling any pressure to keep prices low on GPU, why should they? They can go ahead and slowly raise prices without any fear.

Netflix always thinks twice now about raising prices because disney plus is there, and a bunch of other streaming services. Without these other COMPETING services, netflix would probably cost $25/month right now. Its not any different for microsoft and game pass. End of the day competition is what matters.

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#331  Edited By Antwan3K
Member since 2005 • 8410 Posts
@goldenelementxl said:

The real question is, will Lems keep parading the total Game Pass sub numbers around this board, or is that something to ignore now?

why would anyone ignore total Game Pass numbers?..

it seems Game Pass no longer has a direct competitor in terms of one-for-one sub counts (formerly 3 million vs 25 million).. Sony is just going to rely on PS Plus, which is the more popular and established service.. honestly, it's their best move at this point.. but PlayStation Network Plus has historically been compared to Xbox Live Gold; not Game Pass..

I mean, other than the most rabid cow or fakest "concerned" fan, I doubt anyone is dumb enough to believe that "50 million PS+" users suddenly means there are more PS+ Extra/Premium subscribers than the 25 million Game Pass and Game Pass Ultimate subscribers.. this is just a play to hide the poor PS Now numbers (something you're usually "concerned" about 🤷🏽‍♂️)..

Ultimately, unless Sony is going to provide PS Plus subscription numbers per tier for Essential, Extra, and Premium, there's no longer any direct comparison to be made to Game Pass numbers.. maybe that will change if/when Microsoft fully dissolves the paywall of Xbox Live Gold into Game Pass but i doubt that's happening anytime soon..

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#332  Edited By Antwan3K
@OniLordAsmodeus said:

• [..]

I think it needs to be clarified and stressed that backwards compatibility and Game Pass are completely separate things within the Xbox ecosystem..

if you have already purchased a supported OG Xbox, Xbox 360, and/or Xbox One title, that game simply works on the Xbox Series X|S for free, natively, and, in many cases, with improved resolution and performance..

by contrast, Sony is placing backwards compatibility for PS1, PS2, and PS3 games behind the paywall of PS+ Premium.. this is regardless of if you already own those games and the entire PS3 library is streaming only..

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#333  Edited By Antwan3K

I think the real question is: Do cows want and support day-and-date releases into PS Plus Extra/Premium for 3rd party titles?..

if so, why not Sony 1st party titles?.. 🤔

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#334 HalcyonScarlet

@blaznwiipspman1: And the cows would have loved Deathloop if it wasn't a MS game. XD

omegaMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#335  Edited By omegaMaster
Member since 2017 • 3496 Posts

Hopefully I can play Persona 4 Golden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#336  Edited By deactivated-63d2876fd4204

@Antwan3K: Are we ever gonna get a breakdown of Game Pass Xbox vs PC vs Ultimate?

You’re already asking for more transparency from PS+ than you’ve EVER asked from Xbox…

dimebag667

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#337 dimebag667
Member since 2003 • 3110 Posts

@girlusocrazy: Couldn't agree more

I guess I would have to be classified as a "cow", seeing how I've only owned Sony consoles since the og Xbox, but this "news" is about as anemic as it gets.

I guess it depends a little on what the titles are, but out of those 400+, 340+, 700+ games, how many are current ps+ and ps now games? There's already been 700+ games released on PS+, and many of the 800+ on PS now are on PS+! And the vast majority of those, aren't worth your time. This could be said about any console, but out the thousands of games on PlayStation consoles, about 100 or less are actually exceptional. The next 100-200 games could be good, but after that, you're digging through the trash. So unless they're just scooping up the cream (that hot white cream), you're going to be picking cherries out of dumpster sludge.

It's like a battered women's shelter up in this mofo. Remember when demos and online were free? I do! Now everyone is bragging because their boyfriend only leaves bruises under the clothes!

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#338  Edited By Antwan3K
@goldenelementxl said:

@Antwan3K: Are we ever gonna get a breakdown of Game Pass Xbox vs PC vs Ultimate?

You’re already asking for more transparency from PS+ than you’ve EVER asked from Xbox…

yes, it would definitely be interesting to see a breakdown of Game Pass vs Game Pass Ultimate vs Game Pass PC vs Cloud Streaming and more.. will we ever get those numbers?.. probably not..

the overall number of Game Pass subscribers is indeed provided though and that's arguably the most important metric.. and that's actually way more transparent than completely hiding PS Now numbers within PlayStation Plus "tiers"..

so, do you think we'll get a breakdown of each tier of subscribers across Essential, Extra, and Premium?.. or do you think Sony will just hide those numbers within the general metric of "PlayStation Plus Subscribers"?..

if it's the latter, are you "concerned"?.. 🤔

pillarrocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#339 pillarrocks
Member since 2005 • 3664 Posts

@girlusocrazy:

Then you wouldn't need Playstation Plus if you could play digital PS1, PS2, PSP games. I have a ton I would like to just download if Sony had that option on PS4.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#341  Edited By deactivated-63d2876fd4204

@Antwan3K said:

yes, it would definitely be interesting to see a breakdown of Game Pass vs Game Pass Ultimate vs Game Pass PC vs Cloud Streaming and more.. will we ever get those numbers?.. probably not..

the overall number of Game Pass subscribers is indeed provided though and that's arguably the most important metric.. and that's actually way more transparent than completely hiding PS Now numbers within PlayStation Plus "tiers"..

so, do you think we'll get a breakdown of each tier of subscribers across Essential, Extra, and Premium?.. or do you think Sony will just hide those numbers within the general metric of "PlayStation Plus Subscribers"?..

So 2 tiers are Ok, but 3 are too diabolical for you?

mowgly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#342 mowgly1
Member since 2017 • 2994 Posts

@HalcyonScarlet said:
@mowgly1 said:
@Pedro said:

@mowgly1: It offers less bud. No amount of spin changes that fact. And no amount of spin changes the fact it cost more monthly.😂

So, beyond that fallacy do you own a PS5?😎

It offers more. 2X games more. How many games GPU has on Xbox? Little over 400. Right. Well, PS Now has over 800.

I have a PS1.

Cows move the goal posts from quality to quantity and back again so often it'll make your head spin.

Damage control one (quality): "YES, WE'RE NOT GETTING DAY 1 RELEASES, because Jim Ryan lied about it effecting the quality... Despite the fact that GT7 is always online and Sony tried to milk us dry with the in-game economy... Bu bu dat quality".

Damage control two (quantity): "Teh 800 games... Including PS1, PS2 and PSP games, you know, because BC is awesome now Sony are charging us for it, so lets pad out those numbers". You have to pull out a bunch of ancient games the average gamer will NEVER play to pad the numbers?

You keep saying the average PS gamer buys subscriptions yearly, well the average gamer is also not playing ancient PS1, PS2 and PSP games.

3D games from the 5th and 6th gen are not easy to get into on ANY platform, even the PC. Most 3D PS1 and PS2 games have not aged well AT ALL, you have to be hardcore into retro gaming to be able to play them.

And what happened to the other cow damage control of "we buy new systems for new games"?

Some of those PS1 and PS2 classics are vastly better than anything crappy Xbox first party ever offered on Gamepass

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#343 Pedro

@goldenelementxl: Two? Xbox has three.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#344 Pedro

@mowgly1: Leave it to you to say something stupid 🤣

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#345  Edited By Antwan3K
@goldenelementxl said:
@Antwan3K said:

So 2 tiers are Ok, but 3 are too diabolical for you?

Game Pass is separated into 3 "tiers" currently: Game Pass for console, Game Pass for PC, and Game Pass Ultimate.. the overall subscriber count for Game Pass is 25 million..

PlayStation Plus is separated into 3 tiers currently: PlayStation Plus Essential, PlayStation Plus Extra, and PlayStation Plus Premium.. the overall count for PlayStation Plus is roughly 50 million..

But what happened to PlayStation Now?.. we used to know that there were 3 million subscribers before the PS Now rebrand to "PS+ Extra/Premium".. and now that it's been folded into PS+, those numbers are now hidden..

but hey, i see your selective critical thinking has kicked in.. let me put this in terms you'd understand:

Imagine if Microsoft decided to rebrand Game Pass into an Xbox Live tier called "Xbox Live Platinum" and simply claimed that they have over 100 million Xbox Live users across Silver, Gold, and Platinum; never mentioning "Game Pass" numbers again..

We all know you'd be the first one "concerned" about how shady that looks and how Xbox is fudging numbers.. but with PS Plus, we aren't seeing that same energy for some reason.. 🤔 quite the opposite actually.. 🤡

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#346 Pedro

Then Xbox has 4 tiers.🤔

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#347 Antwan3K

@Pedro said:

Then Xbox has 4 tiers.🤔

yeah, the entire concept of Xbox Live Gold is completely outdated.. I anticipate Gold going away down the line, depending on Game Pass adoption..

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#348 Pedro

@Antwan3K: Gold needs to die. It is overpriced and dated.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#349  Edited By deactivated-63d2876fd4204

@Antwan3K: Poor guy…

PS hasn’t published a number and the service isn’t even technically out yet. But here you are, talking about how unfair it is… The one metric you had, reduced to meaninglessness

PS Now gets rolled into the top 2 tiers of PS+. One clearly better than the other. But this will blow the service up for sure

And XBL has a free tier. Sure there are 100 million active accounts, but we don’t know how many of those are paid. All PS+ tiers have a cost. But you don’t care about money, so “active users” still works I guess. 🤡🙄🤡

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#350  Edited By SolidGame_basic

At $120 a year, PS Plus Premium is a steal. Talk about value!