Playstation Plus tiers are here! Current PS Now members get a free upgrade to Premium!

mowgly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#251 mowgly1
Member since 2017 • 2994 Posts
@Pedro said:
@SolidGame_basic said:

Not really true as you get PS4 and PS5 games and it will be supported by third parties. Also, annual rate is $120 which is significantly cheaper than Game Pass ultimate.

How much did you pay for your 3 years of GamePass Ultimate?😋

How about to look at official price. So, GPU annual is 180$ right? You want to spin that fact??

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#252  Edited By Antwan3K
Member since 2005 • 8410 Posts
@goldenelementxl said:

At some point, Game Pass is gonna have to start making financial success.

[...]

The future PS exclusives are gonna show us what the opposite strategy looks like. And I’m sure PS will be far more transparent with the results

[...]

Halo Infinite looks a little nuts right now. It fell off the sales charts in a hurry

at some point, you're gonna need to stop worrying about a 2 Trillion dollar company's finances as your primary point of concern.. Microsoft, Xbox, and 3rd party developers/publishers all seem to be very happy with Game Pass.. that's really all that matters at this juncture..

and what results from the "opposite strategy" are you anticipating?.. PS Now has been on the market for 7 years and only garnered around 3 million subscribers.. by contrast, Game Pass has 25 million subscribers in 5 years.. it seems the "growth stage" is working relatively well.. 🤷🏽‍♂️

and ultimately, PlayStation's strategy hasn't changed at all with this rebrand.. PS Now is still an afterthought in favor of the traditional per-unit sale of software (nothing wrong with that, btw. it's working for them) .. but literally nothing has changed with this announcement other than the idea that the relatively embarrassing PS Now sub numbers can be hidden among the respectible PS+ numbers.. yet, here you are talking about transparency?..

if Sony is as transparent as you say, i guess we'll be seeing a breakdown of the subscriber numbers per tier, correct?.. or will we just see a blanket statement of 50 million "PS+ numbers" instead?.. i have my prediction, what's yours?..

and why do you keep trying to shoehorn Halo Infinite into Game Pass discussions?.. the primary point of reference/criticism of Infinite is the multiplayer component (the lack of post-launch content and the player retention as a result) .. the multiplayer is F2P and has nothing to do with Game Pass and post-launch content has nothing to do with Game Pass.. you're literally hanging your hat on the game that has the least to do with the Game Pass model..

dabear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#253 dabear
Member since 2002 • 8910 Posts

@mowgly1 said:
@dabear said:

@mowgly1: Bro, there's an article on the front page of this site that destroys your entire argument about this new service.

Take your ownage and bow out.

You literally said that Gamepass is cheaper, which isn't. You can take that Xbox L

It is cheaper on month-to-month. The PS Premium saves you money if you get it for a full year and you don't take advantage of the discounts you get with XBL Ultimate. But, on a month-to-month subscription basis, Game Pass Ultimate is $15/mo and PS Premium is $18/mo.

PS Premium does not come with EA Pass or day 1 launches. There's a reason why every media site is saying Game Pass is superior.

mowgly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#254  Edited By mowgly1
@dabear said:
@mowgly1 said:
@dabear said:

@mowgly1: Bro, there's an article on the front page of this site that destroys your entire argument about this new service.

Take your ownage and bow out.

You literally said that Gamepass is cheaper, which isn't. You can take that Xbox L

It is cheaper on month-to-month. The PS Premium saves you money if you get it for a full year and you don't take advantage of the discounts you get with XBL Ultimate. But, on a month-to-month subscription basis, Game Pass Ultimate is $15/mo and PS Premium is $18/mo.

PS Premium does not come with EA Pass or day 1 launches. There's a reason why every media site is saying Game Pass is superior.

Vast majority of PS+ users are using annual sub. Not like dumb Xbox fans who are spending more yearly because monthly sub. LOL, there are PS+ discounts in preorders for example. WTF are you talking about. Buying a yearly PS+ Premium + yearly EA play is STILL CHEAPER than yearly GPU.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#255 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70398 Posts

@mowgly1 said:

Vast majority of PS+ users are using annual sub. Not like dumb Xbox fans who are spending more yearly because monthly sub. LOL, there are PS+ discounts in preorders for example. WTF are you talking about. Buying a yearly PS+ Premium + yearly EA play is STILL CHEAPER than yearly GPU.

So, how does this change the fact that PS Premium Tear is more expensive than GPU and offers less?

daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#256  Edited By daredevils2k
Member since 2015 • 5001 Posts

@SolidGame_basic:

MS does day 1 on game pass, because their games tend to flop when it comes to the sales dept, unlike Sony who’s 1st party always sell over 5 million so there no no need for Sony to follow MS when it comes to day one . Sony will be making tons of money by not doing a day one

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#257 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9432 Posts
@daredevils2k said:

@SolidGame_basic:

MS does day 1 on game pass, because their games tend to flip when it comes to the sales dept, unlike Sony who’s 1st party always sell over 5 million so there no no need for Sony to follow MS when it comes to day one . Sony will be making tons of money by not doing a day one

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#258 Pedro

@daredevils2k said:

@SolidGame_basic:

MS does day 1 on game pass, because their games tend to flop when it comes to the sales dept, unlike Sony who’s 1st party always sell over 5 million so there no no need for Sony to follow MS when it comes to day one . Sony will be making tons of money by not doing a day one

Translation = "Sony is giving me a shitty deal and I have to find a way to justify it." 😂

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#259 KvallyX
Member since 2019 • 13105 Posts

@mowgly1 said:
@blaznwiipspman1 said:

@mowgly1: I have pics of my ps4 from 2018 and my ps5 from 3 months ago. I also have my psp 3000 still, so I can easily take pics of that. Though you're right, I don't care about convincing you, I do want to own you and make you look like a bigger clown than you are. 🤡

I guess spartaflop has caused you to become deranged, the butt hurt coming from you is extra strong today

Like i've said, even Jesus doesn't belive you

Do you have a PS5 @mowgly1

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#260 Pedro

@x_hedon said:
@mowgly1 said:

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#261  Edited By blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16597 Posts
@x_hedon said:
@mowgly1 said:
@blaznwiipspman1 said:

@mowgly1: I have pics of my ps4 from 2018 and my ps5 from 3 months ago. I also have my psp 3000 still, so I can easily take pics of that. Though you're right, I don't care about convincing you, I do want to own you and make you look like a bigger clown than you are. 🤡

I guess spartaflop has caused you to become deranged, the butt hurt coming from you is extra strong today

even I had a ps5 AND a ps4 (2018). He's just lucky im lazy to post my psp pic. @mowgly1, wheres yours??

blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#262 blaznwiipspman1

@blaznwiipspman1 said:
@x_hedon said:
@mowgly1 said:
@blaznwiipspman1 said:

even I had a ps5 AND a ps4 (2018). He's just lucky im lazy to post my psp pic. @mowgly1, wheres yours??

also here @mowgly1

The_Game21x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#263 The_Game21x
Member since 2005 • 26440 Posts

So, it's more expensive than GamePass Ultimate, doesn't offer day one new releases and doesn't feature native BC for games from the PS3 era and older?

Yeah, I'll pass.

mowgly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#264 mowgly1

@Pedro said:
@mowgly1 said:

So, how does this change the fact that PS Premium Tear is more expensive than GPU and offers less?

Nice spin. PS+ Premium is vastly cheaper and offers more. More than 2x games compared to crappy GPU.

mowgly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#265  Edited By mowgly1
@blaznwiipspman1 said:
@x_hedon said:
@mowgly1 said:
@blaznwiipspman1 said:

It is easy go to friends house and wrote some crap on paper.

@The_Game21x said:

So, it's more expensive than GamePass Ultimate, doesn't offer day one new releases and doesn't feature native BC for games from the PS3 era and older?

Yeah, I'll pass.

Nope. It is vastly cheaper. Why Xbox fans are dumb and can't do math??

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#266 Pedro

@mowgly1: It offers less bud. No amount of spin changes that fact. And no amount of spin changes the fact it cost more monthly.😂

So, beyond that fallacy do you own a PS5?😎

mowgly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#267  Edited By mowgly1
@Pedro said:

@mowgly1: It offers less bud. No amount of spin changes that fact. And no amount of spin changes the fact it cost more monthly.😂

It offers more. 2X games more. How many games GPU has on Xbox? Little over 400. Right. Well, PS Now has over 800.

I have a PS1.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#268 KvallyX

@mowgly1 said:
@Pedro said:

It offers more. 2X games more. How many games GPU has on Xbox? Little over 400. Right. Well, PS Now has over 800.

Do you have a PS5? BTW, GPU is only $1 for 3 years.

mowgly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#269 mowgly1

@x_hedon said:
@mowgly1 said:
@Pedro said:

Do you have a PS5? BTW, GPU is only $1 for 3 years.

I have a PS1

LOL. Of course Xbox fan will use deal excuse. I've bought yearly sub for both PS+ and PS Now for less than 60$. Cheapest PS+ yearly was 29$ on unnoficial sites, PS Now for 30$ and 3x is less than 180$ + 1$ for 3 years of GPU. I can post deals also like you, Kvally.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#270  Edited By Pedro

@mowgly1: Look at you padding the game list over 400 old games.🤣 Day one releases, PC included, EA included and first party games remain. You get less for paying more.😎

mowgly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#271 mowgly1

@Pedro said:

@mowgly1: Look at you padding the game list over 400 old games.🤣 Day one releases, PC included, EA included and first party games remain. You get less for paying more.😎

No, no....Gamepass doesn't have old games. LOL I think you need to check the list and see some release dates of some games there.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#272  Edited By Pedro

@mowgly1: Never stated anything about it not having older games. I pointed out that you were talking about 800 game when most of them are old, meanwhile Gamepass has Day One releases from first-party and third-party

mowgly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#273 mowgly1

@Pedro said:

@mowgly1: Never stated anything about it not having older games. I pointed out that you were talking about 800 game when most of them are old, meanwhile Gamepass has Day One releases from first-party and third-party

Most of them ARE NOT day 1 releases on Gamepass. No need to spin this. Gamepass also has old games. No need to ignore it.

The_Game21x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#274  Edited By The_Game21x
Member since 2005 • 26440 Posts

@mowgly1 said:

I pay monthly for GPU. So, if I were to do the same with PPP, I would be spending $18 monthly. So, yeah, going that route, it would be more expensive.

But it's moot. Like I said, I'll pass, so it really doesn't matter how much I'd be paying because I won't be paying it anyway.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#275  Edited By Pedro

@mowgly1 said:
@Pedro said:

Most of them ARE NOT day 1 releases on Gamepass. No need to spin this. Gamepass also has old games. No need to ignore it.

Nothing in my response stated anything about most. It clearly states that Gamepass has day one releases from first party and third party, PS Plus Tears doesn't offer that. You are trying your best to spin the fact that GamePass Ultimate is a better deal.😂

It is a real shame you are shilling so hard for a system you don't own.😎

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#276 KvallyX

@mowgly1: If you have a PS1 then why do you have PS+ and PS Now? PS1 doesn’t support those services.

I bet you don’t have a PS5. You probably have a PS4 or PS4 Pro. If true that’s pretty damn embarrassing.

Why can’t the 3 years for $1 be used today? It seems to be tossed around like candy when you cows claim MS is desperate and “nobody pays full price for that, we all just keep renewing for the $1”

Now it’s full price? Come on bro. You can do better.

Love,

Kvally

blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#277 blaznwiipspman1

@mowgly1: so basically you got owned hard, and now you double down on acting a clown🤣.

Valgaav_219

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#278 Valgaav_219
Member since 2017 • 3130 Posts

@x_hedon: How is it embarrassing to still be on PS4? I'm still on PS4 and I'm still enjoying plenty of new releases. Hell, I didn't even buy a PS4 until 2017 and that was just to play FFXV. I'll do the same thing again and will be picking up a PS5 when FFXVI comes out.

Sagemode87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#279 Sagemode87
Member since 2013 • 3418 Posts

@HalcyonScarlet: Okay, MS has more money than Sony. What's your point? Very basement dweller like behavior to live vicariously through another company. How much money do you have? People are willing to buy Sonys games, thus day one isn't needed. I wouldn't want that as the quality would suffer. Spin it anyway you want.

mowgly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#280  Edited By mowgly1
@x_hedon said:

@mowgly1: If you have a PS1 then why do you have PS+ and PS Now? PS1 doesn’t support those services.

Why can’t the 3 years for $1 be used today? It seems to be tossed around like candy when you cows claim MS is desperate and “nobody pays full price for that, we all just keep renewing for the $1”

Now it’s full price? Come on bro. You can do better.

Love,

Kvally

Because i'm using official prices, not deals excuses and try to cover my ass like Xfanies are doing all the time.

I bet you don’t have a PS5. You probably have a PS4 or PS4 Pro. If true that's pretty damn embarrassing

You just proved that you're an Xbox dumbass, Kvally.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#281 KvallyX

@valgaav_219: because of what he keeps bragging about PS5 related yet hasn’t used one. He is bragging all the PS5 games look the best and hasn’t even played them on a PS5.

It’s also sad that he won’t answer the question.

Thanks for inquiring

mowgly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#282 mowgly1
@The_Game21x said:
@mowgly1 said:

I pay monthly for GPU. So, if I were to do the same with PPP, I would be spending $18 monthly. So, yeah, going that route, it would be more expensive.

But it's moot. Like I said, I'll pass, so it really doesn't matter how much I'd be paying because I won't be paying it anyway.

I'll bet that you would buy an annual GPU sub if there as any. Savings on annual subs are big.

Valgaav_219

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#283 Valgaav_219
Member since 2017 • 3130 Posts

@x_hedon: Okay, I get it. I lowkey forgot that you were in the midst of a heated debate lmao. I'm in no rush to get the new console until we start seeing truly next gen content, though. With 100 million PS4's out in the wild I don't see Sony alienating that fanbase anytime soon.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#284 KvallyX

@mowgly1: be nice. I love you,

Kvally

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#285 KvallyX

@valgaav_219:

Just some spring cleaning 🧹

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#286 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13670 Posts

@SolidGame_basic said:
@Pedro said:
@davillain said:

I stole this while on Twitter lol:

That is funny but true. I am not sure why some people are not expecting more from Sony. After all, competition is good, right?

Not really true as you get PS4 and PS5 games and it will be supported by third parties. Also, annual rate is $120 which is significantly cheaper than Game Pass ultimate.

But PS5 games are PS4 games, unless they alternate between Returnal and Ratchet every other month. :-S

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#287 GameboyTroy
Member since 2011 • 9740 Posts

Ryan said that PS Plus day 1 releases would hurt first party games.

https://wccftech.com/ps-plus-day-1-releases-would-hurt-first-party-playstation-games-things-can-change/

[In terms of] putting our own games into this service, or any of our services, upon their release... as you well know, this is not a road that we've gone down in the past. And it's not a road that we're going to go down with this new service. We feel if we were to do that with the games that we make at PlayStation Studios, that virtuous cycle will be broken. The level of investment that we need to make in our studios would not be possible, and we think the knock-on effect on the quality of the games that we make would not be something that gamers want.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#288 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61534 Posts

Is this just rolling PSNow and PS+ into a package, and adding some things like free trials and older-gen games, or am I missing something?

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#289 HalcyonScarlet

@Sagemode87 said:

@HalcyonScarlet: Okay, MS has more money than Sony. What's your point? Very basement dweller like behavior to live vicariously through another company. How much money do you have? People are willing to buy Sonys games, thus day one isn't needed. I wouldn't want that as the quality would suffer. Spin it anyway you want.

You're the one spinning, what the ever living crap are you talking about? :-S

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#290 Antwan3K
Member since 2005 • 8410 Posts

@Sagemode87 said:

How's that's Gran Turismo 7 "quality" going versus Forza Horizon 5?.. 🤔

MysticalDonut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#291 MysticalDonut
Member since 2021 • 2505 Posts

Are people really arguing over GPU being cheaper than PS Plus highest tier? Currently, the only way to buy GPU is monthly at $15 per month. If you buy per month with PS Plus highest tier it's $18 but you don't have to do so- you can choose to buy a year's worth for $120. Unreal that people are denying this

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#292 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45491 Posts

@mysticaldonut said:

Are people really arguing over GPU being cheaper than PS Plus highest tier? Currently, the only way to buy GPU is monthly at $15 per month. If you buy per month with PS Plus highest tier it's $18 but you don't have to do so- you can choose to buy a year's worth for $120. Unreal that people are denying this

Yep, and don't forget, PS Plus includes online. If you want online with Game Pass, you have to get Ultimate. Sony's is cheaper and has more stuff.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#293  Edited By HalcyonScarlet
@Antwan3K said:
@Sagemode87 said:

How's that's Gran Turismo 7 "quality" going versus Forza Horizon 5?.. 🤔

First Sony makes it online only Xbox One E3 style, then they try to milk the living daylights out of their fans who are paying $70 for Sony to allow them to access it while the servers are up.

But as long as that quality doesn't suffer. :-S

Cows told me they don't like renting games. How can you feel like you own a game when 90% of it is inaccessible when the servers are down.

MysticalDonut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#294 MysticalDonut
Member since 2021 • 2505 Posts

Is there a chance Sony will offer online for the PS3 games they put on this service I wonder?

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#295 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45491 Posts

@mysticaldonut said:

Is there a chance Sony will offer online for the PS3 games they put on this service I wonder?

That would be cool. Resistance 2 co-op anyone?

blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#296 blaznwiipspman1

Sounds interesting that major 3rd party publishers are supporting the new ps plus. It's not as good without day and date obviously, but as a consumer I'd pick up a month or two here and there.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#297  Edited By Pedro

Monthly cost per year for PS Premium $216 with no PC support or day 1 releases from first party and third party. Only some games can be played natively and no EA Play.

Monthly cost per year for GamePass Ultimate $180, PC included, day 1 releases from first party and third party. All games are downloadable for native play and includes EA Play.

Note, cloudsaves are not included with GamePass cause it is free.

Let the spinning begin.😎

Boiled-Hotdug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#298 Boiled-Hotdug
Member since 2022 • 309 Posts

@SolidGame_basic: Sony also charges for cloud saves…like seriously? Nintendo as well

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#299 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44679 Posts

"Update: Major 3rd party publishers to support the service!"

Well, they already did support PS Now, so I wouldn't see why that wouldn't be the case here, they offered their games to PS Plus too, so I wouldn't imagine a rebranding would change that any.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#300 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44679 Posts

@Pedro: "Only some games can be played natively"

That's unfortunate if that also means games beyond the PS3 library of it.