PCs putting consoles to shame again - 12GB RAM on new GPU

• 183 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

nicecall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#151 nicecall
Member since 2013 • 528 Posts

^ yeah i agree.

I have trouble seeing when you would need quite that amount. My 680 gtx only has 2gb of memory and whenever i check its usage in gpu-z its rarely over 1gb. And I'm gaming at 2560x1440... mind you most textures are probably only 1080p or lower quality... but even if they used 4k textures in their dds files i doubt i'd need more then 3 gb.

SKaREO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#152 SKaREO
Member since 2006 • 3161 Posts

$300 will buy you a computer entertainment system that can not only play Blu-Rays and offers Digital 7.1 Dolby Surround Sound, but it also comes with the game of the year: Grand Theft Auto V.

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#153 Jankarcop
Member since 2011 • 11058 Posts

@SKaREO said:

game of the year: Grand Theft Auto V.

http://www.gamespot.com/reviews/grand-theft-auto-online-review/1900-6415473/

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154 Jankarcop

@walloftruth said:

@Jankarcop said:

@maninflames-77 said:

Still can't run GTA V , lol

PC has more video games than consoles each gen. exclusive and total.

And yes PC has not one single game that scored a 98 on MC. I take quality over quantity.

PC has more aaa/aa and aaa/aaExclusive here at gamespot.

You lost.

(We dont use MC. If we did use MC, PC would be not included as it has no review padding (well, compared to consoles).)

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 Jankarcop

We use GS when discussing scores and how a system is doing. You lost.

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157 Jankarcop

@Mozelleple112 said:

@Jankarcop: But does it have... MGS4? TLOU? UC2? DS? LBP? No...

PS3 has 1/3rd the high scoring exclusives of PC this gen...

GioVela2010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 GioVela2010
Member since 2008 • 5566 Posts

@Jankarcop:

You and I have a different opinion of what "high Scoring" means than

kalipekona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 kalipekona
Member since 2003 • 2492 Posts

@tormentos said:

@ronvalencia said:

LOL, my "DirectX boxes" are actually PCs with either 7950 1 Ghz (Mini-ITX LAN-party PC ) and 7970 1Ghz (desktop PC).

My Mini-ITX gaming PC murders both PS4 and X1, and it's just as portable as the next-gen consoles.

I never supported parity e.g. my CU count scaling for Crysis 2 and now the BF4 shows the approximate differences between the two gimped boxes.

-----------------

For 7870 XT approximation, If I scale down 7970's 78 fps result to 24 CUs I get 58 fps.

Both 7870 XT and 7970 has the same base 925 Mhz clock speed. 7870 XT would be a little faster than 58 fps since it has 975Mhz boost.

Hahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...Ronvalencia abandon the xbox one after the whole 720p mess up...lol

That backpedaling of you is epic so now you want to pretend the xbox one is trash after so many argument defending the crappy box,now you want to pretend you are a hermit..hahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

You are so full so sh**...lol

WTF? Ronvalencia has always been a PC gamer. The problem is that you cows are too brain-dead to understand that just because somebody argues against the insanity you spew doesn't mean they are Xbox fanboys.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#160  Edited By ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

@

@tormentos said:

@ronvalencia said:

I never purchased a garden-wall Xbox LOL. i.e. not past, not present, not future.

Your memory bandwidth stupidity

http://au.gamespot.com/forums/topic/29451500/xbox-one--7790-confirmed-by-xbox-one-architec.

X1 can add memory bandwidth since it has two memory pools (think of L-shaped multi-memory controller setups) while PS4 has a single memory pool.

----------------

Your brain is only limited to Xbox 360/Xbox One/Lems vs PS3/PS4/Cows

You are so full so sh**...lol

WTF does memory poll have to do with you defending the xbox one at broken back,and now denying it,who are you trying to fool dude.?

You are a die hard lemming who pulled endless arguments in favor of the xbox one,and that now want to act like it never defended the xbox one in the first place,sorry dude your post are there the damage is done silly lemming.

720p galore...lol But but ESRAM but but jit compression,but but Cache,but but 133GB/s alpha blending,but but 7850 prototype...

Hahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

1.18 TF less usable power than the 7770 and like i claimed the xbox one sucks and can't keep up with the PS4,ESRAM and cache with 256 bit bus changed in nothing the outcome..

1080p vs 720p FTW..lol

The fool is you. Don't me blame me for your incorrect PS4 memory bandwidth calculations, bad 32 ROP performance conclusions without factoring the memory bandwidth and mismatched X1 triangle rate.

The prototype 7850 has 12 active CUs with 860Mhz clock speed and ~1.7 billion triangle per second rate, which is very close to X1's 12 active CUs with 853Mhz clock speed and ~1.7 billion triangle per second rate.

Like Crysis 2's W5000 vs 7850 CU scaling, I have shown you that BF4 scales with GCN CU count.

I used the principle from http://http.developer.nvidia.com/GPUGems/gpugems_ch28.html

GCN's CU processes vertex and fragments shader programs.

For BF4, by varying CU count, my estimation roughly matches the GCN model with similar CU count.

The prototype 7850 with 12 CUs will NOT exceed the retail 7850 and that should kill any equalisation idea with PS4.

You brain is only limited to Xbox 360/Xbox One/Lems VS PS3/PS4/Cows.

You can't handle my posts that has a double edge sword for X1 and PS4.

Sorry, I don't run with Sony's reality distortion field. LOL

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#161 Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

@ronvalencia: why are you denying your quest for the secret sauce?

Pray_to_me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162  Edited By Pray_to_me
Member since 2011 • 4041 Posts

I've noticed a lot of "Hermits" are just Microsoft fanboys and it seems a lot of former lemmings are all of a sudden born again Hermits LMFAO!

Dear Hermits, We've seen your "high scoring exclusives" and they consist of: World of Warcraft, Guild Wars, a fuckton of boring ass RTS and some no name indie titles.

It's funny you don't "get it" by now, no GOTY in like a decade, no AAAA ever. So while you're over there praying for a steam sale on some shitty multiplat console game from like 3 years ago; signing petitions and going to protests trying to get GTA5 ported over; feeling like a sucker still playing Skyrim waiting for the scraps to fall from xbox's plate and hating yourself for blowinng 1000 bucks on a gpu that only plays 360 ports...

I'll be kickin' back with my $400 console playing the best of the best exclusives and multiplats right out the fuckin box for the next 10 years....

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

@Pray_to_me said:

I've noticed a lot of "Hermits" are just Microsoft fanboys and it seems a lot of former lemmings are all of a sudden born again Hermits LMFAO!

Dear Hermits, We've seen your "high scoring exclusives" and they consist of: World of Warcraft, Guild Wars, a fuckton of boring ass RTS and some no name indie titles.

It's funny you don't "get it" by now, no GOTY in like a decade, no AAAA ever. So while you're over there praying for a steam sale on some shitty multiplat console game from like 3 years ago; signing petitions and going to protests trying to get GTA5 ported over; feeling like a sucker still playing Skyrim waiting for the scraps to fall from xbox's plate and hating yourself for blowinng 1000 bucks on a gpu that only plays 360 ports...

I'll be kickin' back with my $400 console playing the best of the best exclusives and multiplats right out the fuckin box for the next 10 years....

Your insecurity is showing.

adamosmaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#164 adamosmaki
Member since 2007 • 10718 Posts

@Pray_to_me said:

You sound quite butthurt but i guess is justified considering for the same game with better graphics i pay alot less than you

so you are playing 1 game a year since according to you goty is that matters? And i like how you try and pass your opinion that RTS and MMO's are boring. You know whats boring ? The no 23545646 COD/Halo/GoW clone.

Also can you list me those multiplats that take 3 years to come on pc ? 99% of games release the same date nowdays

04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 04dcarraher
Member since 2004 • 23832 Posts

@AM-Gamer said:

@04dcarraher: LMAO you make an arse out of yourself everytime you open your mouth. Straight from SW only 3.5 gigs of ram it must be fact lol.

lol your in denial.... the PS4 will be using more then 3gb and will use two cores of the cpu for OS and features.

123CABOOSE123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166  Edited By 123CABOOSE123
Member since 2013 • 29 Posts

I have 8gb of ram and a 2gb 6670! I can run just about anything an Xbox or a PS3 can! 12gb is destroying the reccomendations and quite possibly a waste of money!

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167  Edited By tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@Gue1 said:

Because he knows he was wrong and now want to be on his hermit suit again..hahahaaaa

The poor fellow even make up memory problems for the PS4,claiming GDDR5 would not be as efficient because the it was on the 5870 a GPU that has nothing in common with the PS4..lol

@04dcarraher said:

@AM-Gamer said:

@04dcarraher: LMAO you make an arse out of yourself everytime you open your mouth. Straight from SW only 3.5 gigs of ram it must be fact lol.

lol your in denial.... the PS4 will be using more then 3gb and will use two cores of the cpu for OS and features.

Funny remember all those charts i use to post,which you claimed didn't apply because the xbox one had 256 bit bus.? And ESRAM was blazing fast having what 4 times faster memory access.?

lol...

Guess i was right if you have lower than 7770 performance don't think you will get more than that,just because you have ESRAM and a wider bus.

I guess the PS4 doesn't have a 10% reservation after all,those 660Gflops are showing in with force,1080p vs 720p Ghost is a testament,900p BF4 when the xbox one version is 720p,without AO and still lags as much as 14 FPS behind the PS4 show the xbox one is a mess,BF4 is not Ryse so when you don't use and encloses engine on xbox one bad performance will happen.

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169  Edited By deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

@walloftruth said:

@seanmcloughlin said:

Yes, that shame when a $3000 graphics card has more VRAM than a $400 console. Hermits are getting really stupid and insecure with bullsheet like this. And please show me a game that

needs even half of that memory, maybe your new indie star city game with their 20000000 bazillion polygons?

Sad..

BF4 at high resolutions, maxed out with 200% resolution scale uses 6GB of VRAM

Also don't bash hermits for talking about polygons when it's all cows could talk about in regards to Killzone Shadow Fall or how David Cage keeps boasting ply counts on that old dude's head and cows constantly reiterated it as a form of ownage

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170  Edited By Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60721 Posts

Currently I'm very happy with my 3gb 7950, but yeah that will be considered very low in the near future, but it does currently play modern PC games pretty well.

Puckhog04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 Puckhog04
Member since 2003 • 22814 Posts

Absurdly over the top.

04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172  Edited By 04dcarraher

@tormentos said:

@Gue1 said:

Because he knows he was wrong and now want to be on his hermit suit again..hahahaaaa

The poor fellow even make up memory problems for the PS4,claiming GDDR5 would not be as efficient because the it was on the 5870 a GPU that has nothing in common with the PS4..lol

@04dcarraher said:

@AM-Gamer said:

Funny remember all those charts i use to post,which you claimed didn't apply because the xbox one had 256 bit bus.? And ESRAM was blazing fast having what 4 times faster memory access.?

lol...

Guess i was right if you have lower than 7770 performance don't think you will get more than that,just because you have ESRAM and a wider bus.

I guess the PS4 doesn't have a 10% reservation after all,those 660Gflops are showing in with force,1080p vs 720p Ghost is a testament,900p BF4 when the xbox one version is 720p,without AO and still lags as much as 14 FPS behind the PS4 show the xbox one is a mess,BF4 is not Ryse so when you don't use and encloses engine on xbox one bad performance will happen.

You another big Sony fanboy..... GDDR5 vs DDR3+ ESRAM = no real difference in the end result even with equal gpu's

And why do you think the X1 is slower then a 7770 or even related..... the X1's gpu is based on Bonaire which has the same GCN architecture as Pitcairn, your fanboyism just does not want to acknowledge the fact that the X1 is only on average 30% slower then the PS4. Also you also ignore the fact there will be gpu reserve on the PS4 too. Love how you ignore that fact, and you claim a 660GFLOP lead..... that's funny. The difference between 900p vs 720p is 36%. which fits into the gpu difference between the two Now about CoD Ghosts the resolution difference isnt because of the gpu's its because it’s a matter of the PS4 currently seems to be easier for developers to make games on. Hardware can’t change, but tools can as can know-how regarding ways to draw the most out of a system. Once developers get a handle on the X1 multiplats will be on par with PS4. Its no different with the PS3 once dev's got a handle on it and made use of the Cell.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173  Edited By clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

@seanmcloughlin said:

@walloftruth said:

@seanmcloughlin said:

Yes, that shame when a $3000 graphics card has more VRAM than a $400 console. Hermits are getting really stupid and insecure with bullsheet like this. And please show me a game that

needs even half of that memory, maybe your new indie star city game with their 20000000 bazillion polygons?

Sad..

BF4 at high resolutions, maxed out with 200% resolution scale uses 6GB of VRAM

Also don't bash hermits for talking about polygons when it's all cows could talk about in regards to Killzone Shadow Fall or how David Cage keeps boasting ply counts on that old dude's head and cows constantly reiterated it as a form of ownage

Cows have always been hypocrites.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

@Pray_to_me said:

The majority of gaming PCs runs with MS Windows, which is a Microsoft supplied OS. X1 can even run some of PC's Windows 8.x apps.

@tormentos said:

@Gue1 said:

@04dcarraher said:

@AM-Gamer said:

lol...

LOL,

For AMD GPUs, you still have NOT grasped the relationship between memory bandwdith and fill rates. Radeon HD 5870's fill rate (from 3DMarks) is similar to 7870 GE and 7870 GE's BF4 result still smacks PS4's BF4 result.

The devs also has stated X1 has superior memory write bandwidth when compared to PS4, but that doesn't mean X1 will beat 7870 GE in BF4 i.e. again, the prototype 7850 with 12 CUs at 860 Mhz clock speed will NOT exceed retail 7850.

stuff238

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#175 stuff238
Member since 2012 • 3284 Posts

@Jankarcop said:

@maninflames-77 said:

Who cares if it has more games? How many games per year do PC gamers actually hype that succeed to AAA status? God, the genres PC are good at is boring RTS(all the same), Boring hack and slash MMOs, and your no skill super easy FPS games.

Like I can't think of a single PC game coming out in the future. You guys just buy maybe 1 game every year and play it 24/7 while 99% of the rest of the games on PC is garbage.

PC is like the wii of the of this gen. It had the most exclusives, but they all sucked while PS3 had less games but more AAA exclusives. FACT!

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 zeeshanhaider
Member since 2004 • 5524 Posts

@tormentos said:

@zeeshanhaider said:

@tormentos said:

@Silenthps said:

Actually 6GB puts PS4's 8GB to shame since devs only have access to 5-5.5GB of it

12GB is overkill

Crysis 3 on PC barely reach 3 GB,so not only it will be way long for that card to get use,but also games on PC are never done with the highest end GPU in mind because legacy will kill other lesser GPU..

Crysis reaches 3GB of GPU's RAM not the total memory. CRysis 3 easily uses upwards of 6GB System RAM + GPU RAM, while PS4 has only 5 GB in total for both System + Graphics.

No the PS4 doesn't use 5 GB for system and graphics where in hell did you pull that,part of the 3GB for OS are part of the system memory just like in windows,you have 4 GB of DDR3 + what the GPU has,the PS4 has 3GB for OS and 5 for games for now,and since Crysis 3 isn't done on PS4 you don't know,but my whole comment was based on GPU ram so system ram doesn't have anything to do with my point video memory crysis 3 barely reach 3 GB that is a fact.

Thanks for proving again that cows are indeed idiots. PS4 has a total of 5-5.5 GB of RAM available for games, both for CPU and GPU, while the rest is the rest is reserved for OS. It's not like 5-5-5GB is reserved for Graphics only. Crysis 3 uses upwards of 6 GB of total when when combines the usage of DDR3 + GDD5 (CPU + GPU) RAM, hell even the original Crysis uses more than 4GB of system RAM and I don't know how much it utilities GPU's RAM.

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177  Edited By zeeshanhaider

@crimsonman1245 said:

@menes777 said:

What's funny is that consolites still don't have what is Next Gen to them (current gen to pc gamers) and there is talk of these cards that will further blow consoles out of the water. In a couple years it's going to be crushingly embarrassing to even think of comparing them.

You think PS4 games arent going to look alot better 2 years from now? No upgrade required.

Sonys first party is going to blow people away.

By making onrails movies? I agree.

emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 emgesp
Member since 2004 • 7848 Posts

Guess how many developers will take advantage of 12GB's of GDDR5???

Chirp, Chirp. Chirp...............

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181 zeeshanhaider

@emgesp said:

Guess how many developers will take advantage of 12GB's of GDDR5???

Chirp, Chirp. Chirp...............

StarCitizen says hi to jelly consololites.

Zoso813

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 Zoso813
Member since 2013 • 310 Posts

12 GB seems silly. Like buying a 6 bedroom house just to say you have them. 6 GB is more than plenty for the foreseeable future.

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183 NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 11808 Posts

@stuff238 said:

@Jankarcop said:

@maninflames-77 said:

Who cares if it has more games? How many games per year do PC gamers actually hype that succeed to AAA status? God, the genres PC are good at is boring RTS(all the same), Boring hack and slash MMOs, and your no skill super easy FPS games.

Like I can't think of a single PC game coming out in the future. You guys just buy maybe 1 game every year and play it 24/7 while 99% of the rest of the games on PC is garbage.

PC is like the wii of the of this gen. It had the most exclusives, but they all sucked while PS3 had less games but more AAA exclusives. FACT!

Why the ass you pull this stuff out of must be very filthy

j2zon2591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184  Edited By j2zon2591
Member since 2005 • 3571 Posts

4K Beyond.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@ronvalencia said:

The majority of gaming PCs runs with MS Windows, which is a Microsoft supplied OS. X1 can even run some of PC's Windows 8.x apps.

LOL,

For AMD GPUs, you still have NOT grasped the relationship between memory bandwdith and fill rates. Radeon HD 5870's fill rate (from 3DMarks) is similar to 7870 GE and 7870 GE's BF4 result still smacks PS4's BF4 result.

The devs also has stated X1 has superior memory write bandwidth when compared to PS4, but that doesn't mean X1 will beat 7870 GE in BF4 i.e. again, the prototype 7850 with 12 CUs at 860 Mhz clock speed will NOT exceed retail 7850.

I have nothing to grasp reality is in.

1080p vs 720p COD ghost a barrage of 720p games on xbox one,when only 1 or 2 are 900p and non 720p on PS4 it is quite clear to see that you were wrong.

In the end Tiled Resources mean little,jit compression,ESRAM bigger bus cache,in nothing all that helped the xbox one to over come what it is a 1.18TF GPU with a bad memory set up.

I don't care about the 7870 smacking the PS4 it is a stronger GPU,your arguments were for the xbox one not for PC,so now you clinch to the 7870 for dear life after you got royally owned by your own arguments.

That part about memory writes is funny,because i told you so like 10 times it doesn't matter when teh GPU is weak and now you agree with me when you say faster memory write on xbox one wont mean it will beat the 7870.

How many times did i asked you that and you changed the topic,for you ESRAM and the crap of things the xbox one carry would some how close the gap and i told you so time after time it would not,in the end it doesn't matter if the xbox one does 2 triangles when it just 1.18TF while the PS4 is 1.84 and also does 2 triangles.

@04dcarraher said:

You another big Sony fanboy..... GDDR5 vs DDR3+ ESRAM = no real difference in the end result even with equal gpu's

And why do you think the X1 is slower then a 7770 or even related..... the X1's gpu is based on Bonaire which has the same GCN architecture as Pitcairn, your fanboyism just does not want to acknowledge the fact that the X1 is only on average 30% slower then the PS4. Also you also ignore the fact there will be gpu reserve on the PS4 too. Love how you ignore that fact, and you claim a 660GFLOP lead..... that's funny. The difference between 900p vs 720p is 36%. which fits into the gpu difference between the two Now about CoD Ghosts the resolution difference isnt because of the gpu's its because it’s a matter of the PS4 currently seems to be easier for developers to make games on. Hardware can’t change, but tools can as can know-how regarding ways to draw the most out of a system. Once developers get a handle on the X1 multiplats will be on par with PS4. Its no different with the PS3 once dev's got a handle on it and made use of the Cell.

Apparently you are wrong 32MB is not enough for 1080p with certain accepts which is the reason the xbox one is under performing even beyond spec.

It has lower flop count than the 7770 dude 1.18TF the 7770 is 1.28TF.

Yes the xbox one GPU is based on bonaire,but bonaire 7790 is 1.79TF with 14 CU and 1ghz,the xbox one is 12 CU 857mhz and 1.31 TF,from those 1.31 TF which is basically a tap already over the 7770,ias 10% reserve.

No exactly and Pitcairn is bigger i have see comparison of both there are out there to see.

Funny enough about the 30% yet the gap in pixels in some games is more than 100%,in fact in BF4 is 56% + up to 14 FPS faster while the PS4 version has AO implemented and the xbox one version has it off,this is a huge blow very huge.

Then we have Ghost 1080p on PS4 vs 720p on xbox one,come on man that gap is huge,and we still have to see how they stack up quality and frame wise since Activision hasn't show the xbox one version while they showed the PS4 one.

lease point me to the links of the reservation dude,since the PS4 doesn't have mandatory Kinect and snap which are the 2 biggest reasons why the xbox one reserve GPU,compute on Kinect is done by GPU and it is reserve.

On PS4 there is nothing like that,even if by a small change there is it will not be even close to 2%,and is totally irrelevant since the PS4 is rendering almost all its games at 1080p while the xbox one isn't,unless it is sports or games that don't demand much.

Oh please there are rumors of Activision asking MS to free the 10% GPU reservation,and MS refusing for stability concerns with the OS and features.

That bold part most be one of the stupidest thing i ever read here,ESRAM is not Cell,Cell was a damn CPU that could handle GPU task and aid the damn GPU freeing resource from that GPU and allowing it to work more freely with less stress.

ESRAM is a cheap patch to fix slow ass DDR3 speeds,and is causing problems left and right and is not enough for 1080p with some accepts already also leaked by insiders,some claim the gap is here to stay because of ESRAM and the weak GPU,in fact some of the complain leaks like Activision ones point that the problems is not just ESRAM and been more difficult but also to GPU been weak.

By the way there isn't a system where sony has make games that hasn't improve with time,i think this one even more since it was custom to take better advantage of compute without actually hurting the graphics,something that on xbox one doesn't happen,is you use compute you hurt graphics on xbox one is simple.

So yeah the gap may actually get bigger or stay the same,either way now you people are playing blind hypocrites .

If by any chance happen on PC AMD would be crown now the king of graphics by a land slide.

Imaging the 7970 beating the 680GTX by doing 1080p with 60 FPS while the 680 GTX had to go down to 720p to achieve those same 60 FPS,and still the 7970 showed more detail,faster frames and effects like AO been on while on the 680GTX they would be off while the demo took place and for $100 less.?

Now imaging that scenario on PC and tell me if Anandtech,guru,Toms hardware or any respected PC site will en dare to claim that there is no difference.

Hell Nvidia is crowned the graphics king by just doing 14 FPS more on the same resolution with the same quality most of the time.

dobzilian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186  Edited By dobzilian
Member since 2012 • 3409 Posts

I may not be a Tech Whiz and maybe wrong but why are people saying 8 Gig of RAM on the PS4 and comparing it to a Graphics Card? This just seems plain old retarded.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

@dobzilian said:

I may not be a Tech Whiz and maybe wrong but why are people saying 8 Gig of RAM on the PS4 and comparing it to a Graphics Card? This just seems plain old retarded.

Because teh power of GDDR5

dobzilian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188 dobzilian

@MonsieurX: So i'm not missing the point then? lol

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

@dobzilian said:

@MonsieurX: So i'm not missing the point then? lol

Kinda

dobzilian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190 dobzilian

@MonsieurX: From what i remember. The Video Card has memory then you got the systems R.A.M which is a separate entity. I'm guessing the PS4 is built in a similar fashion to a PC where you got the 8 Gig of RAM then also the Video Cards memory which are separate.

Kinthalis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#191 Kinthalis
Member since 2002 • 5503 Posts

@dobzilian said:

@MonsieurX: From what i remember. The Video Card has memory then you got the systems R.A.M which is a separate entity. I'm guessing the PS4 is built in a similar fashion to a PC where you got the 8 Gig of RAM then also the Video Cards memory which are separate.

No. It's unified memory. So 8 Gigs for both. Well, actally, it's more like 5 gigs for both after OS requirements, according to Sony at least.

dobzilian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192  Edited By dobzilian

@Kinthalis: Thanks for that Dude. I could not understand why people where comparing Beastly Graphics Cards with 8 Gig of RAM. Now it is bit clearer.

04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193  Edited By 04dcarraher

Apparently you are wrong 32MB is not enough for 1080p with certain accepts which is the reason the xbox one is under performing even beyond spec.

It has lower flop count than the 7770 dude 1.18TF the 7770 is 1.28TF.

Yes the xbox one GPU is based on bonaire,but bonaire 7790 is 1.79TF with 14 CU and 1ghz,the xbox one is 12 CU 857mhz and 1.31 TF,from those 1.31 TF which is basically a tap already over the 7770,ias 10% reserve.

No exactly and Pitcairn is bigger i have see comparison of both there are out there to see.

Funny enough about the 30% yet the gap in pixels in some games is more than 100%,in fact in BF4 is 56% + up to 14 FPS faster while the PS4 version has AO implemented and the xbox one version has it off,this is a huge blow very huge.

Then we have Ghost 1080p on PS4 vs 720p on xbox one,come on man that gap is huge,and we still have to see how they stack up quality and frame wise since Activision hasn't show the xbox one version while they showed the PS4 one.

lease point me to the links of the reservation dude,since the PS4 doesn't have mandatory Kinect and snap which are the 2 biggest reasons why the xbox one reserve GPU,compute on Kinect is done by GPU and it is reserve.

On PS4 there is nothing like that,even if by a small change there is it will not be even close to 2%,and is totally irrelevant since the PS4 is rendering almost all its games at 1080p while the xbox one isn't,unless it is sports or games that don't demand much.

Oh please there are rumors of Activision asking MS to free the 10% GPU reservation,and MS refusing for stability concerns with the OS and features.

That bold part most be one of the stupidest thing i ever read here,ESRAM is not Cell,Cell was a damn CPU that could handle GPU task and aid the damn GPU freeing resource from that GPU and allowing it to work more freely with less stress.

ESRAM is a cheap patch to fix slow ass DDR3 speeds,and is causing problems left and right and is not enough for 1080p with some accepts already also leaked by insiders,some claim the gap is here to stay because of ESRAM and the weak GPU,in fact some of the complain leaks like Activision ones point that the problems is not just ESRAM and been more difficult but also to GPU been weak.

By the way there isn't a system where sony has make games that hasn't improve with time,i think this one even more since it was custom to take better advantage of compute without actually hurting the graphics,something that on xbox one doesn't happen,is you use compute you hurt graphics on xbox one is simple.

So yeah the gap may actually get bigger or stay the same,either way now you people are playing blind hypocrites .

If by any chance happen on PC AMD would be crown now the king of graphics by a land slide.

Imaging the 7970 beating the 680GTX by doing 1080p with 60 FPS while the 680 GTX had to go down to 720p to achieve those same 60 FPS,and still the 7970 showed more detail,faster frames and effects like AO been on while on the 680GTX they would be off while the demo took place and for $100 less.?

Now imaging that scenario on PC and tell me if Anandtech,guru,Toms hardware or any respected PC site will en dare to claim that there is no difference.

Hell Nvidia is crowned the graphics king by just doing 14 FPS more on the same resolution with the same quality most of the time.

32mb of ESRAM is not the reason why the X1 cant reach 1080.... its the fact the gpu is only slightly faster then then a 7770 and that most the of games so far shown are targeting 60 fps.

The X1 gpu is not that slow its 1.3 TFLOP however it can do things that would choke the 7770, and it can do some things faster that the PS4 cant.

The developers themselves with Ghost stated the X1 is harder to work and dont have a grasp with it, while the PS4 is more straight forward pc like design.

Dont you know that Sony is working on the same crap as MS is with the PS4 Camera "From navigational voice commands to facial recognition, the PlayStation®Camera adds incredible innovation to your gaming" That will use the PS4's gpu compute abilities too.

.... Memory bandwidth is not the same as fill rates, DDR3 68GB/s is fast enough to do 1080p gaming, its the problem of the gpu's ability to process that data and write it onto memory. The fact that X1 has 16 ROPS plays the main problem with that issue. When your targeting a set standard like 60 fps or 1080 you have to cut things down to make it work. Like I said once they get a grasp on how to use the esram correctly they will be able to bypass some of that ROP limits.

Your example of the 7970 and GTX 680 is so far fetched.