PCs putting consoles to shame again - 12GB RAM on new GPU

• 183 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

adamosmaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#101 adamosmaki
Member since 2007 • 10718 Posts

@Krelian-co said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

Still don't get why PC gamers want to compare to consoles. I can only assume it's for the same reason people bash consoles they don't own. Insecurity.

Pick the machine that has the games you want and have fun. Personally PC gaming has always been uninteresting to me. But I don't tell you you're wrong for doing it.

no matter how hard you try, pc is part of system wars so might as well stop posting the same in every thread, no one cares :(

still cant get over that this is not console wars

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#102  Edited By ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

@zeeshanhaider said:

@tormentos said:

@Silenthps said:

Actually 6GB puts PS4's 8GB to shame since devs only have access to 5-5.5GB of it

12GB is overkill

Crysis 3 on PC barely reach 3 GB,so not only it will be way long for that card to get use,but also games on PC are never done with the highest end GPU in mind because legacy will kill other lesser GPU..

Crysis reaches 3GB of GPU's RAM not the total memory. CRysis 3 easily uses upwards of 6GB System RAM + GPU RAM, while PS4 has only 5 GB in total for both System + Graphics.

BF4 just killed PS4's 1080p dream.

adamosmaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#103 adamosmaki
Member since 2007 • 10718 Posts

@AMD655 said:

Only idiots would buy this.

Is as if people who have pc gaming as a hobby and enough money to spare have to justify their self's to you. I might not have the money to buy an 800-1000 gpu but i wont go bashing people that bought it because they love their hobby. Idiot

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

@Ginosaji said:

@Krelian-co said:

@Ginosaji said:

@crimsonman1245 said:

It's anti consumer to make a superior product to PC? That's priceless.

Consoles are an objectively inferior product. It's anticonsumer to make me buy them through underhanded business tactics. l2read

no one is forcing you do nothing, your stupidity does, learn what anti consumer is and the difference with capitalism.

If I want to play Halo, I am forced to buy an Xbox. If I want to play Halo online, I am forced to pay for Xbox LIVE. There are no other options. Capitalism thrives on competition. These practices are anti-competitive.

again you do not have to do anything, do not use the word "forced" because as far as i know gaming is not an essential need. Gaming is a luxury, a hobby and the companies that provide it are forced to make their products more attractive than their competition so people buy them over the others, this is how gaming companies compete. So again, do not use the word anti consumer, when its not.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 ronvalencia

@HaRmLeSS_RaGe said:

A 6gb one of these + water block shall be mine. Fvck AMD and their 290X :)

Fvck NVIDIA and their 48 ROPS. :)

Without AMD, NVIDIA would be still charging high priced GPUs. Note that some non-reference 7970s has 6 GB VRAM and would be the same for non-reference R9-290X.

HaRmLeSS_RaGe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 HaRmLeSS_RaGe
Member since 2012 • 1330 Posts

@ronvalencia said:

@HaRmLeSS_RaGe said:

Without AMD, NVIDIA would be still charging high priced GPUs. Note that some non-reference 7970s has 6 GB VRAM and would be the same for non-reference R9-290X.

I agree AMD are great for competition. They make some good cards and I am often tempted to buy them but I always bottle it at the last minute and stick with Nvidia :)

menes777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 menes777
Member since 2003 • 2643 Posts

What's funny is that consolites still don't have what is Next Gen to them (current gen to pc gamers) and there is talk of these cards that will further blow consoles out of the water. In a couple years it's going to be crushingly embarrassing to even think of comparing them.

crimsonman1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 crimsonman1245
Member since 2011 • 4253 Posts

@menes777 said:

What's funny is that consolites still don't have what is Next Gen to them (current gen to pc gamers) and there is talk of these cards that will further blow consoles out of the water. In a couple years it's going to be crushingly embarrassing to even think of comparing them.

You think PS4 games arent going to look alot better 2 years from now? No upgrade required.

Sonys first party is going to blow people away.

Cyberdot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By Cyberdot
Member since 2013 • 3928 Posts

Holy shit, 12GB. I guess that thing is feasible for guys with dual or triple monitor setup at crazy resolutions.

Hell, my 2GB GTX 670 already puts next-gen consoles to shame. That 12GB is overkill.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#111 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

@seanmcloughlin: Why would anyone compare a PC to a game console? LOL!! Dumb!! PC's can be modified and consoles can't. Never understand why hermits waste their time with this crap.

ZombieKiller7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 ZombieKiller7
Member since 2011 • 6463 Posts

@Ginosaji said:

@Mr-Kutaragi said:

Hermit should stop spreading lie that pc is more affording. Even over lifetime.

Consoles are bought in addition to, not instead of, PCs. You don't save money by spending an extra $400-$500 on a console plus online fees vs. spending that money on a better PC. The only difference is the PC purchase is typically all up front and therefore appears to be more expensive, whereas the console spreads the money out over several years. That's the illusion.

Example over 5 years:

$400 PS4 + $50/year for 5 years =$650

We'll say a gaming PC costs about $1000, though you can go cheaper or more expensive depending on your budget.

That means if you purchase a cheap $350 PC to go with your PS4, you save exactly $0 by being a PS4 gamer. Even if you buy a tablet or something, your savings are negligible, and even then you only save if you rent all of your games or something to offset the higher game prices.

---

But this is beside the point I was making in this thread. Purchasing multiple gaming platforms is inherently more expensive than purchasing one gaming platform. I can count on one hand the number of franchises that need to be released on PC to make the X1 and PS4 completely obsolete to me as a PC gamer.

Hardware lasts longer when you don't have to upgrade anything.

ie

You build a $650 PC today, it's may not be able to run certain games 4-5 years from now, whereas a console will.

Likewise if you buy say a laptop or tablet to do your computing, you don't have to upgrade it for a long, long time if all you're doing is checking your email and whatnot.

With game rentals and freebies, you don't have to wait for the $60 game to go on Steam sale.

You just have a constant stream of AAA games coming to your house, and a machine tailor made to play them.

And it's nice to have an elegant laptop on your desk, without gaming shit all over the interface.

Not saying one form of gaming is worse than another.

All I'm saying is they each have their good points and bad points.

menes777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 menes777

@crimsonman1245 said:

@menes777 said:

You think PS4 games arent going to look alot better 2 years from now? No upgrade required.

Apples and Oranges. There is no doubt that Sony's 1st Party will make some really nice games. But the hardware in comparison to PC will be severely outdated and outmatched. Considering that the architectures are now exact, consoles will get low end multiplats and PC will get the ultra quality. First party (exclusives) are another matter though and no doubt there will be some nice ones. I will probably eventually even get a PS4. The point though is that you cannot compare them side by side without some qualifications.

Avatar image for ShepardCommandr
ShepardCommandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#115  Edited By ShepardCommandr
Member since 2013 • 4939 Posts

No game will ever use that much memory.Besides 12gigs on a 384bit bus is useless.

Another over priced card from nvidia.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@zeeshanhaider said:

@tormentos said:

@Silenthps said:

Actually 6GB puts PS4's 8GB to shame since devs only have access to 5-5.5GB of it

12GB is overkill

Crysis 3 on PC barely reach 3 GB,so not only it will be way long for that card to get use,but also games on PC are never done with the highest end GPU in mind because legacy will kill other lesser GPU..

Crysis reaches 3GB of GPU's RAM not the total memory. CRysis 3 easily uses upwards of 6GB System RAM + GPU RAM, while PS4 has only 5 GB in total for both System + Graphics.

No the PS4 doesn't use 5 GB for system and graphics where in hell did you pull that,part of the 3GB for OS are part of the system memory just like in windows,you have 4 GB of DDR3 + what the GPU has,the PS4 has 3GB for OS and 5 for games for now,and since Crysis 3 isn't done on PS4 you don't know,but my whole comment was based on GPU ram so system ram doesn't have anything to do with my point video memory crysis 3 barely reach 3 GB that is a fact.

ZombieKiller7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 ZombieKiller7
Member since 2011 • 6463 Posts

@Ginosaji said:

@ZombieKiller7 said:

ie

You build a $650 PC today, it's may not be able to run certain games 4-5 years from now, whereas a console will.

Likewise if you buy say a laptop or tablet to do your computing, you don't have to upgrade it for a long, long time if all you're doing is checking your email and whatnot.

With game rentals and freebies, you don't have to wait for the $60 game to go on Steam sale.

You just have a constant stream of AAA games coming to your house, and a machine tailor made to play them.

And it's nice to have an elegant laptop on your desk, without gaming shit all over the interface.

And I would have no problem with having the option to purchase a console based on its own merits, such as ease of set up and use and not having to worry about upgrades, rather than having to buy it because it's the only thing that can play Halo.

Also, the problem isn't with the PC not being able to run games in 4-5 years. It will be able to run them. You'll just have to play on lower settings, which is exactly what consoles do. You just don't notice it because consoles don't show the combo box set to "Lowest" in the game settings. The GTX 260 from 2008 that I just recently replaced, for example, could still play modern games at 1920x1080 with settings well above consoles. I replaced it with a GTX 670 because I wanted to play on higher settings, not because I needed to.

That's like saying "I have to go to McDonalds if I want a Big Mac."

You can get a burger anywhere.

That particular brand of burger is only sold at that store.

At the end of the day, yes, the goal of business is not to be "fair" but to extract the most money with the least effort, you think the same crap doesn't exist within the various PC parts manufacturers, with AMD and Nvidia optimizing games for "their" hardware, but making your hardware run like shit or crash more than usual.

Try running Secret World on an AMD card, better yet try running Train Simulator 2014 on an AMD CPU, enjoy your 14 fps.

At the end of the day what people are buying is their own entertainment, if you have a $399 machine that can keep you laughing and smiling for 10+ years that's a good friggin deal.

Graphics have diminishing returns, the higher you go, the less more matters.

But hardware investments become habits and habits become justifications, people trying to justify their $1000 monitors, $1000 vid cards, while the wise man shuts up and enjoys his Halo.

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

@tonitorsi said:

Ive alway wanted to make the jump to PC gaming for the multiplats and have PlayStation consoles for the exclusives, this stuff Nvidia is coming out with its flat out amazing.

That's basically what I did. Now I have the best of both

Plus you will be astonished by the price of PC games if you switched.

Tessellation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 Tessellation
Member since 2009 • 9297 Posts

6GB already puts the ps4 ram to shame or beats it..let alone 12GB..

TREAL_Since

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By TREAL_Since
Member since 2005 • 11946 Posts

:| @ 12GB

SMDH lol. Wow.

menes777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 menes777

@ZombieKiller7 said:

@Ginosaji said:

@ZombieKiller7 said:

ie

And I would have no problem with having the option to purchase a console based on its own merits, such as ease of set up and use and not having to worry about upgrades, rather than having to buy it because it's the only thing that can play Halo.

Also, the problem isn't with the PC not being able to run games in 4-5 years. It will be able to run them. You'll just have to play on lower settings, which is exactly what consoles do. You just don't notice it because consoles don't show the combo box set to "Lowest" in the game settings. The GTX 260 from 2008 that I just recently replaced, for example, could still play modern games at 1920x1080 with settings well above consoles. I replaced it with a GTX 670 because I wanted to play on higher settings, not because I needed to.

That's like saying "I have to go to McDonalds if I want a Big Mac."

You can get a burger anywhere.

That particular brand of burger is only sold at that store.

But you missed the point. If I want a Big Mac (Halo 3) and not just any burger (FPS game) I have to go to McDonalds (MS). There is no way around it. You cannot get a big Mac anywhere but McDonalds. You cannot play Halo 3 on anything but an Xbox 360. In other words I don't want to have to buy a console just because the games are made exclusive to them. But in reality that's what you have to do or just do without. If you want Wendy's fries and Frosty you can't do that and get a Big Mac there (lucky with fast food you could, but with consoles you are kind of stuck with getting the whole deal).

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

@Ginosaji said:

@Mr-Kutaragi said:

Consoles are bought in addition to, not instead of, PCs. You don't save money by spending an extra $400-$500 on a console plus online fees vs. spending that money on a better PC. The only difference is the PC purchase is typically all up front and therefore appears to be more expensive, whereas the console spreads the money out over several years. That's the illusion.

Example over 5 years:

We'll say a gaming PC costs about $1000, though you can go cheaper or more expensive depending on your budget.

That means if you purchase a cheap $350 PC to go with your PS4, you save exactly $0 by being a PS4 gamer. Even if you buy a tablet or something, your savings are negligible, and even then you only save if you rent all of your games or something to offset the higher game prices.

---

But this is beside the point I was making in this thread. Purchasing multiple gaming platforms is inherently more expensive than purchasing one gaming platform. I can count on one hand the number of franchises that need to be released on PC to make the X1 and PS4 completely obsolete to me as a PC gamer.

Gaming is not a cheap hobby. If you don't like it, I suggest you take up stamp collecting.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 tormentos

@ronvalencia said:

Funny enough most games on PS4 are 1080p,BF4 is on the minority,now on your beloved xbox one 720p is the norm...hahahaa

BF4 not only killed the xbox one 1080p dreams it also killed the whole parity argument as well..lol

720p tons of jaggies,no AO and still up to 14 FPS slower than the PS4 what a failure.,.

menes777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By menes777

@clyde46 said:

@Ginosaji said:

@Mr-Kutaragi said:

Example over 5 years:

---

Gaming is not a cheap hobby. If you don't like it, I suggest you take up stamp collecting.

Actually stamp collecting can be pretty expensive too.

http://www.2-clicks-stamps.com/article/rare-postage-stamps.html

But I get your point. If you enjoy what you do it doesn't matter how much it costs (unless you are selling yourself on the corner for PC parts).

Avatar image for Douevenlift_bro
Douevenlift_bro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 Douevenlift_bro
Member since 2013 • 6804 Posts

This is awesome but since it SW, I have to remind some fake 'hermits" who said RAM doesn't matter when PS4 was announced to have 8GB GDDR5

kalipekona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#127  Edited By kalipekona
Member since 2003 • 2492 Posts

@maninflames-77:

Oh yes, because the average console gamer (mostly teens, poor people and casuals) is going to automatically have a good gaming PC to play PC exclusives. Not likely.

Most of the time what I see is that console gamers only have one or two consoles, while most PC gamers own a PC and a console. PC gamers tend to be more hardcore gamers than those on consoles who tend to be more casual.

And why in the hell would you do most of your gaming on a console if you already owned a good gaming PC?

kalipekona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 kalipekona
Member since 2003 • 2492 Posts

@crimsonman1245 said:

@menes777 said:

Oh there will be some nice looking games on the consoles, but there will always be better looking games on the PC. It's been that way every generation and it will be the same this generation.

Hell, I'm using a PC I built several years ago (last console gen) and I'm playing Battlefield 4 at better quality levels than the PS4 version.

PC is way ahead right off the bat. As time goes on its only going to pull further and further ahead.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178864 Posts

@Krelian-co said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

Still don't get why PC gamers want to compare to consoles. I can only assume it's for the same reason people bash consoles they don't own. Insecurity.

Pick the machine that has the games you want and have fun. Personally PC gaming has always been uninteresting to me. But I don't tell you you're wrong for doing it.

no matter how hard you try, pc is part of system wars so might as well stop posting the same in every thread, no one cares :(

Way to miss the point.

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By Jankarcop
Member since 2011 • 11058 Posts

@LJS9502_basic said:

@Krelian-co said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

Way to miss the point.

What point? You were trying to say how SW is pointless and that PC shouldn't "compare to console".

Don't post here if you don't think we can't even compare gaming systems when that is the whole point.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178864 Posts

@Jankarcop said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@Krelian-co said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

Way to miss the point.

What point? You were trying to say how SW is pointless and that PC shouldn't "compare to console".

Don't post here if you don't think we can't even compare gaming systems when that is the whole point.

No that wasn't the point. And don't tell me what to do.

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#132 Mozelleple112
Member since 2011 • 11293 Posts

@Jankarcop: But does it have... MGS4? TLOU? UC2? DS? LBP? No...

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By ronvalencia

@tormentos said:

@ronvalencia said:

Funny enough most games on PS4 are 1080p,BF4 is on the minority,now on your beloved xbox one 720p is the norm...hahahaa

BF4 not only killed the xbox one 1080p dreams it also killed the whole parity argument as well..lol

720p tons of jaggies,no AO and still up to 14 FPS slower than the PS4 what a failure.,.

LOL, my "DirectX boxes" are actually PCs with either 7950 1 Ghz (Mini-ITX LAN-party PC ) and 7970 1Ghz (desktop PC).

My Mini-ITX gaming PC murders both PS4 and X1, and it's just as portable as the next-gen consoles.

I never supported parity e.g. my CU count scaling for Crysis 2 and now the BF4 shows the approximate differences between the two gimped boxes.

-----------------

For 7870 XT approximation, If I scale down 7970's 78 fps result to 24 CUs I get 58 fps.

Both 7870 XT and 7970 has the same base 925 Mhz clock speed. 7870 XT would be a little faster than 58 fps since it has 975Mhz boost.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 ronvalencia

@ZombieKiller7 said:

@Ginosaji said:

@Mr-Kutaragi said:

Example over 5 years:

---

ie

With AMD GCN on PCs, AMD Mantle exceeds PC's DirectX 11.2 and will be on par with GCN optimised low level APIs from X1 and PS4.

The FLOPS gap ratio between 7950 BE (3.315 TFLOPS) and PS4 (1.84 TFLOPS) is already at 8800 GTX (512 GFLOPS) vs Xbox 360 level(240 GFLOPS).

From http://pcpartpicker.com/parts/video-card/#c=71,70,148&sort=a5

The price for 7970 ($259.99 for 925 Mhz) and 7950 ($239.99 for 880mhz overclock edition) are almost the same.

HavocV3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 HavocV3
Member since 2009 • 8068 Posts

@ronvalencia said:

@HaRmLeSS_RaGe said:

yep, $650 flagships.

AMD didn't try anything as bad as that when the 7970 released against the aging GTX 580.

Promised_Trini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 Promised_Trini
Member since 2008 • 3651 Posts

What is the most expensive Graphics cards out there?.I mean I got one that's good enough to run Starcraft 2,if that means anything.

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 11811 Posts

@walloftruth said:

@Jankarcop said:

@maninflames-77 said:

Still can't run GTA V , lol

PC has more video games than consoles each gen. exclusive and total.

And yes PC has not one single game that scored a 98 on MC. I take quality over quantity. Plus you can get real life graphics (Dark Sorcerer) on PS4 for only $400, no need to spend $2000-$3000 for only a graphics card, especially when you don't get to play most of the top rated games out there.

So what is this game with a MC of 98 or above on consoles?

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 ronvalencia

@walloftruth said:

@Jankarcop said:

@maninflames-77 said:

Still can't run GTA V , lol

PC has more video games than consoles each gen. exclusive and total.

And yes PC has not one single game that scored a 98 on MC. I take quality over quantity. Plus you can get real life graphics (Dark Sorcerer) on PS4 for only $400, no need to spend $2000-$3000 for only a graphics card, especially when you don't get to play most of the top rated games out there.

http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/battlefield_4_vga_graphics_performance_benchmark,7.html

"monitor resolution of 1600x1200 - again all tests have DX11 / Ultra Quality mode with 2xMSAA enabled and HBAO"

Note the 7870 GE's 1600x1200p vs PS4's 1600x900p result.

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1VRF7

CPU: AMD Athlon II X4 740 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor ($67.00 @ Amazon)

Motherboard: Biostar A55MD2 Micro ATX FM2 Motherboard ($38.25 @ Newegg)

Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-2133 Memory ($63.75 @ Newegg)

Storage: Toshiba 500GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($44.99 @ Newegg)

Video Card: PowerColor Radeon HD 7870 XT 2GB Video Card ($163.98 @ Newegg)

Case: Sentey CS1-1420 PLUS ATX Mid Tower Case ($19.99 @ Newegg)

Power Supply: CoolMax 500W 80 PLUS Certified ATX12V / EPS12V

Power Supply ($19.99 @ Newegg)

Optical Drive: Lite-On iHAS124-04 DVD/CD Writer ($17.98 @ OutletPC)

Total: $435.93 (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.) (Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-11-01 10:18 EDT-0400)

---------

PS; 7870 XT > 7870 GE

http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/battlefield_4_vga_graphics_performance_benchmark,11.html

• GeForce cards use the latest 331.65 WHQL Beta driver (download here).
  • AMD Radeon graphics cards we used the latest 13.11 Beta build 8 driver (download here).

---------------------------------------------

CPU benchmarks

http://www.techspot.com/review/734-battlefield-4-benchmarks/page6.html

GioVela2010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By GioVela2010
Member since 2008 • 5566 Posts

@ronvalencia:

This is a stupid apples to oranges comparison.

Keep shit apples to apples..

Wheres the blu-ray player?

The Wifi?

The small case so it can fit in your living room?

The small HDD so it can fit in the small case?

The keyboard?

The mouse?

PSdual_wielder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 PSdual_wielder
Member since 2003 • 10646 Posts

I'll wait till next year to get one of these current high end cards for low end prices when I build a new computer. lol

SKaREO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142  Edited By SKaREO
Member since 2006 • 3161 Posts

Graphics were impressive when PS2 was brand new. Nobody cares about 4K gaming, get real.

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143  Edited By AM-Gamer
Member since 2012 • 8116 Posts

@04dcarraher: LMAO you make an arse out of yourself everytime you open your mouth. Straight from SW only 3.5 gigs of ram it must be fact lol.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144  Edited By ronvalencia

@GioVela2010 said:

@ronvalencia:

This is a stupid apples to oranges comparison.

Keep shit apples to apples..

Wheres the blu-ray player?

The Wifi?

The small case so it can fit in your living room?

The small HDD so it can fit in the small case?

The keyboard?

The mouse?

No. my post was designed against "no need to spend $2000-$3000 for only a graphics card" statement.

Laptop HDDs are usually slower than their desktop counterparts.

Netherscourge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By Netherscourge
Member since 2003 • 16364 Posts

@seanmcloughlin: the PS4s price puts those cards to shame.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146  Edited By ronvalencia

@HavocV3 said:

@ronvalencia said:

@HaRmLeSS_RaGe said:

yep, $650 flagships.

AMD didn't try anything as bad as that when the 7970 released against the aging GTX 580.

AMD's current flagship R9-290X's RRP is $549 USD.

From http://www.anandtech.com/show/5261/

The original 7970's introduction RRP is $549 USD. AMD didn't move an inch from it's $549 RRP for it's single GPU flagship product.

There's no need to buy the flagship model when 2nd tier model (e.g. 7950) is cheaper and almost as good.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 tormentos

@ronvalencia said:

LOL, my "DirectX boxes" are actually PCs with either 7950 1 Ghz (Mini-ITX LAN-party PC ) and 7970 1Ghz (desktop PC).

My Mini-ITX gaming PC murders both PS4 and X1, and it's just as portable as the next-gen consoles.

I never supported parity e.g. my CU count scaling for Crysis 2 and now the BF4 shows the approximate differences between the two gimped boxes.

-----------------

For 7870 XT approximation, If I scale down 7970's 78 fps result to 24 CUs I get 58 fps.

Both 7870 XT and 7970 has the same base 925 Mhz clock speed. 7870 XT would be a little faster than 58 fps since it has 975Mhz boost.

Hahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...Ronvalencia abandon the xbox one after the whole 720p mess up...lol

That backpedaling of you is epic so now you want to pretend the xbox one is trash after so many argument defending the crappy box,now you want to pretend you are a hermit..hahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

You are so full so sh**...lol

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148  Edited By ronvalencia

@tormentos said:

@ronvalencia said:

-----------------

Hahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...Ronvalencia abandon the xbox one after the whole 720p mess up...lol

That backpedaling of you is epic so now you want to pretend the xbox one is trash after so many argument defending the crappy box,now you want to pretend you are a hermit..hahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

I never purchased a garden-wall Xbox LOL. i.e. not past, not present, not future.

Your memory bandwidth stupidity

http://au.gamespot.com/forums/topic/29451500/xbox-one--7790-confirmed-by-xbox-one-architec.

X1 can add memory bandwidth since it has two memory pools (think of L-shaped multi-memory controller setups) while PS4 has a single memory pool.

----------------

Your brain is only limited to Xbox 360/Xbox One/Lems vs PS3/PS4/Cows

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 tormentos

@ronvalencia said:

I never purchased a garden-wall Xbox LOL. i.e. not past, not present, not future.

Your memory bandwidth stupidity

http://au.gamespot.com/forums/topic/29451500/xbox-one--7790-confirmed-by-xbox-one-architec.

X1 can add memory bandwidth since it has two memory pools (think of L-shaped multi-memory controller setups) while PS4 has a single memory pool.

----------------

Your brain is only limited to Xbox 360/Xbox One/Lems vs PS3/PS4/Cows

WTF does memory poll have to do with you defending the xbox one at broken back,and now denying it,who are you trying to fool dude.?

You are a die hard lemming who pulled endless arguments in favor of the xbox one,and that now want to act like it never defended the xbox one in the first place,sorry dude your post are there the damage is done silly lemming.

720p galore...lol But but ESRAM but but jit compression,but but Cache,but but 133GB/s alpha blending,but but 7850 prototype...

Hahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

1.18 TF less usable power than the 7770 and like i claimed the xbox one sucks and can't keep up with the PS4,ESRAM and cache with 256 bit bus changed in nothing the outcome..

1080p vs 720p FTW..lol

Zophar87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 Zophar87
Member since 2008 • 4344 Posts

@the_bi99man said:

@Zophar87 said:

Complete and total overkill.

Which is exactly what people said about video cards with 512 megs back in the day.

Wow. Hardware gets cheaper and less efficient over time? This is groundbreaking shit.