Pc gaming vs console gaming *poll*

• 195 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SunnySAY87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151 SunnySAY87
Member since 2011 • 341 Posts
pc gaming pwns.
meetroid8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#152 meetroid8
Member since 2005 • 21152 Posts

I never knew hermits were so predominant here.

jjccjj92
Even non hermits know of the dominance of PC gaming.
sandbox3d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153 sandbox3d
Member since 2010 • 5166 Posts

[QUOTE="berzerk0912"]

[QUOTE="Birdy09"] Eh I put mine in sleep 24/7 when not in use, so boot up is litterally a second or 2, click the icon and im in, woop woop. Regaurdless, a pretty reason none the less surely?superfluidity

You probably have a high electric bill if you don't live with your parents. I prefer to just shut my console completely off.

Are you new to computers or something? When a computer is in sleep mode it uses an immaterial amount of power. My last PG&E bill was $37, and yes I can back that up if necessary. Though if you put me through the trouble I ask that you unequivocally admit to being wrong about this.

lol, don't bother man. I've seen some funny attempts at bashing PC gaming, but this one just isn't even worth acknowledging.

1080pOnly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154 1080pOnly
Member since 2009 • 2216 Posts

[QUOTE="1080pOnly"]

[QUOTE="Vandalvideo"] Console gamers really only do have a small handful of arguments; and each and every one of them is some subjective value measurement. There really isn't any objective measuring stick you can use for consoles like you can for PCs. "Oh hey, there are more highly rated titles and exclusives on the PC!" Statements like that really don't exist for consoles. Sure, you can make value judgment arguments like "I prefer fighters, and there are more fighters on console" or "I prefer simplistic, poor sounding VOIP", but really there are few objective statements you can make of superiority for consoles. lowe0

The most valid argument I ever see for consoles is that people prefer a closed environment to an open one for exactly the reason that they don't want so many options.

I can understand this. I do not feel that way but then i've spent a long time working with PC's and understand them fairly explicitly. With this in mind options for me are a great thing. For someone with limited time to explore them, a lack of interest in them or a lack of knowledge to use them they can just get in the way.

None of this changes the fact that, objectively, the PC is the better platform but subjectively, consoles may be more fun to use.

Why does a preference for a closed platform have to stem from some sort of deficiency?

Ididn't say any of those were 'deficiencies' and having limited time to game or lacking interest aren't things to be ashamed of.... However, if you can show me the true benefit of having a closed gaming system vs an open one, given that knowledge about said open system doesn't come into the equation, then cool.

Kinthalis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#155 Kinthalis
Member since 2002 • 5503 Posts

Relax peoples.

The "It's cheaper I tell you!!!!!" argument, is all consolites have.

They grab on to it like a drowning man unto a piece of flotsam.

Let them have it. Who cares?

Everyone knows you get what you pay for. $300 entrance fee and you get blurry, ugly, dumbed down graphics, hardware that struggles to rended sub HD resolutions at 20-30 fps, just barely playable, no mods, a smaller library of good games, limited control options, etc, etc

Oh AND you also get to have your credit card and personal info stolen and sold to pirates! LOL!

For $200 more you get an infitely better gaming platform that also does non-gaming stuff. There's no need to call out the consolites on this.

It's like poking a starving bear with a stick. LOL! They get MAD.

gamebreakerz__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#156 gamebreakerz__
Member since 2010 • 5120 Posts
All 3 consoles combined>PC PC>any individual console
Bashers79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157 Bashers79
Member since 2009 • 559 Posts

console gaming- fits in better with my busy life, If I had more time and could justify the expenditure I would have probably stayed with PC Gaming and bought a top end gaming rig.

drinkerofjuice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#158 drinkerofjuice
Member since 2007 • 4567 Posts

PC by a hair. The extra options and capabilities being the reason. At the same time, consoles carry a level of convenience and comfort that PC gaming doesn't usually provide. That, and my list of favorite games compile more of console games than PC games (but then again that's over a span of several different platforms).

I will say this though: Steam is PC gaming's saving grace. Without it, it really wouldn't be much, even with those extra options.

And while I hate to say this, one problem with PC gaming are the gamers that come along with it. A lot of them think they have this great sense of entitlement. They piss and moan about every little thing that doesn't go their way, and at times claim consolization over the dumbest of reasons (See Portal 2).

alexandros1313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 alexandros1313
Member since 2006 • 268 Posts
Cosnole gamers may make more noise, but we are legion.
lowe0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 lowe0
Member since 2004 • 13692 Posts

[QUOTE="lowe0"][QUOTE="1080pOnly"]

The most valid argument I ever see for consoles is that people prefer a closed environment to an open one for exactly the reason that they don't want so many options.

I can understand this. I do not feel that way but then i've spent a long time working with PC's and understand them fairly explicitly. With this in mind options for me are a great thing. For someone with limited time to explore them, a lack of interest in them or a lack of knowledge to use them they can just get in the way.

None of this changes the fact that, objectively, the PC is the better platform but subjectively, consoles may be more fun to use.

1080pOnly

Why does a preference for a closed platform have to stem from some sort of deficiency?

Ididn't say any of those were 'deficiencies' and having limited time to game or lacking interest aren't things to be ashamed of.... However, if you can show me the true benefit of having a closed gaming system vs an open one, given that knowledge about said open system doesn't come into the equation, then cool.

Sure - skills-based matchmaking. If at any given time, there are x players online of equal skill to myself, and y players online within a reasonable ping of the same dedicated server as I am. The matchserver has to attempt to find 15-31 other players within both x and y in order to arrange the best possible match. By eliminating the ability to choose your own server and forcing all matches to be arranged by the match server, thereby increasing the size of the pool from which the match server can select players, there's a higher probability of getting an equally skilled match (the intersection of x and y), without my having to look at every server and attempt to assess the skill of players there based on the limited information at hand. Furthermore, as players leave the game, they will be replaced with the closest to equally skilled players the matchmaking server has, rather than whoever randomly joins the server.

The only technical knowledge involved is ping; I don't know of any games that provide more detailed network metrics, and console games boil ping down to a bar icon anyway, so knowledge isn't a hurdle in this case. Yes, you give up the ability to choose your own server. In my book, it's worth it. In others' cases, the loss of control would be too much to give up, and I'm okay with the fact that what is a net positive advantage for me would be a negative for others.

KalEl370

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 KalEl370
Member since 2007 • 907 Posts

jjccjj92
Yea this place has really gone downhill. On topic, I prefer gaming on consoles.
Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#162 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts

[QUOTE="jjccjj92"]

KalEl370

I miss the endless red-faced screaming matches over who had slightly more pixels in multiplats :(

KalEl370

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 KalEl370
Member since 2007 • 907 Posts

[QUOTE="KalEl370"][QUOTE="jjccjj92"]

blue_hazy_basic

I miss the endless red-faced screaming matches over who had slightly more pixels in multiplats :(

I know what you mean. It's very boring now that everyone is holding hands and singing the praises of PC gaming.
Kinthalis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 Kinthalis

[QUOTE="blue_hazy_basic"]

[QUOTE="KalEl370"] Yea this place has really gone downhill. On topic, I prefer gaming on consoles.KalEl370

I know what you mean. It's very boring now that everyone is holding hands and singing the praises of PC gaming.

Well, to be fair, there's a lot that is praise worthy in PC gaming :)

Avatar image for WithoutGraceXII
WithoutGraceXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 WithoutGraceXII
Member since 2007 • 1797 Posts

Everyone knows you get what you pay for. $300 entrance fee and you get blurry, ugly, dumbed down graphics, hardware that struggles to rended sub HD resolutions at 20-30 fps, just barely playable, no mods, a smaller library of good games, limited control options, etc, etc

Kinthalis

That's a pretty pure sample of pc elitism. Of COURSE modern pcs have more graphical muscle, current gen consoles came out years ago and haven't had a hardware upgrade since. But gimmie a break, console games are barely playable? Blurry, ugly, dumbed down graphics? Please. Plenty of console gamers are just as dedicated and hardcore as pc gamers, and demand a lot from what they play. I agree that pc gaming is better in a lot of areas, but it's still just playing games in the same way consoles do.

blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator

[QUOTE="KalEl370"][QUOTE="blue_hazy_basic"] I miss the endless red-faced screaming matches over who had slightly more pixels in multiplats :(

Kinthalis

Well, to be fair, there's a lot that is praise worthy in PC gmaing :)

And all the strawman anti-PC bash arguments have been systematically dismantled so many times, even the hardest working trolls can't sustain a decent attack.

blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator

[QUOTE="Kinthalis"]

WithoutGraceXII

That's a pretty pure sample of pc elitism. Of COURSE modern pcs have more graphical muscle, current gen consoles came out years ago and haven't had a hardware upgrade since. But gimmie a break, console games are barely playable? Blurry, ugly, dumbed down graphics? Please. Plenty of console gamers are just as dedicated and hardcore as pc gamers, and demand a lot from what they play. I agree that pc gaming is better in a lot of areas, but it's still just playing games in the same way consoles do.

As a PC gamer can I just add that graphics are nice bonus to any game, its gameplay I enjoy. Most hermits are not graphic whores.

Kinthalis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 Kinthalis

[QUOTE="Kinthalis"]

WithoutGraceXII

So... you call me an elitist, but then admit that I'm right?

Doesn't that make you an elitist?

Or are you saying that simply pointing out the facts makes me an elitist? And if so, why? Just above you a consolite made a comment about this forum going "down hill" because of PC gamers. What statement is more elitist? A statement of fact? Or a biased, bigoted one? You tell me.

And no, PC's don't play games int he same way consoles do. At least not most gaming PC's, since most fo them play games at 60+ FPS, over 720p, and at higher graphics settings + mods + different options for control input.

Better hardware is NOT just about better graphics, although better graphics usually ='s more immersiveness which is a big plus in my book.

It also translates to smoother gameplay mechanics, better AI and more numerous AI at once, larger, better realized open worlds, realistic physix and more realistic/numerous animations.

All that stuff has the potential to enhance not just immersion, but also gameplay.

Avatar image for WithoutGraceXII
WithoutGraceXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 WithoutGraceXII
Member since 2007 • 1797 Posts

[QUOTE="WithoutGraceXII"]

[QUOTE="Kinthalis"]

Kinthalis

So... you call me an elitist, but then admit that I'm right?

Doesn't that make you an elitist?

Or are you saying that simply pointing out the facts makes me an elitist? And if so, why? Just above you a consolite made a comment about this forum going "down hill" because of PC gamers. What statement is more elitist? A statement of fact? Or a biased, bigoted one? You tell me.

And no, PC's don't play games int he same way consoles do. At least not most gaming PC's, since most fo them play games at 60+ FPS, over 720p, and at higher graphics settings + mods + different options for control input.

Better hardware is NOT just about better graphics, although better graphics usually ='s more immersiveness which is a big plus in my book.

It also translates to smoother gameplay mechanics, better AI and more numerous AI at once, larger, better realized open worlds, realistic physix and more realistic/numerous animations.

All that stuff has the potential to enhance not just immersion, but also gameplay.

There's a difference between saying pc gaming is better and acting like playing a game on it instantly transforms said game into the super best thing that ever existed, and anything played on a console is absolute total trash, which is what you're doing.

TerrorRizzing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#170 TerrorRizzing
Member since 2010 • 4232 Posts

everyone knows pc is better, but not everyone is willing to game on pc

drufeous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 drufeous
Member since 2004 • 2535 Posts

PC for me but do love me some console gaming.

bmanning2017

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 bmanning2017
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
I prefer console gaming for numerous reasons. but the main one is........ i'm use to it. i've been playing it all my life and i'm not dumping it for pc anytime soon. please don't bother me about the processing power or whatever is slightly superior. i just like it better, end of story
MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts
2 years old thread,good job
vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 135

User Lists: 25

#174 vashkey
Member since 2005 • 33781 Posts
I prefer console gaming. There are a lot of franchises I enjoy that are either exclusive almost exclusive to them. And I feel you don't have to know as much about the machines. You just plug in and play. I'm not saying it's superior, I just prefer it.
tagyhag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 tagyhag
Member since 2007 • 15874 Posts
2 years old thread,good jobMonsieurX
Console gamers. :P
Jonwh18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 Jonwh18
Member since 2009 • 9350 Posts

zombie thread?

Drasonak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 Drasonak
Member since 2012 • 1515 Posts

I accidentally picked PC gaming because I assumed you would try to remain objective and put it in alphabetical order instead of swaying the responses. My mistake. It's something I'll just have to live with, I guess.

I picked console gaming. But boy, do I have to say, as annoying as PC gamers are, nothing's worse than the clearly evident console gamers who suck their dicks to get in with them. It's like they have to apologize every time they mention their preference, if they're brave enough to even admit they have one. Those ones are at least better than the ones who obviously play console games almost exclusively, but put the few PC games they've played on a pedestal and only show their supposed favorism for the PC when they're directly met with the consideration.

Jonwh18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 Jonwh18
Member since 2009 • 9350 Posts

I accidentally picked PC gaming because I assumed you would try to remain objective and put it in alphabetical order instead of swaying the responses. My mistake. It's something I'll just have to live with, I guess.

I picked console gaming. But boy, do I have to say, as annoying as PC gamers are, nothing's worse than the clearly evident console gamers who suck their dicks to get in with them. It's like they have to apologize every time they mention their preference, if they're brave enough to even admit they have one. Those ones are at least better than the ones who obviously play console games almost exclusively, but put the few PC games they've played on a pedestal and only show their supposed favorism for the PC when they're directly met with the consideration.

Drasonak

#conspiracytheories

Cyberdot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179 Cyberdot
Member since 2013 • 3928 Posts

PC gaming.

- Superior version of 99% of multiplats
- Much bigger library of games including indies and retro
- Keyboard and mouse is superior in many games
- Allows the choice of using a controller
- Mods
- Hardware upgradability
- Ability to change the graphical settings in-game, freedom of performance
- Better graphics and performance with superb resolution
- Cheap games, Steam sales and other kind of sales
- Much more options that would be endless to list

Michael0134567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#180 Michael0134567
Member since 2008 • 28651 Posts

Console gaming is better. Duh.

TheFadeForever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181 TheFadeForever
Member since 2013 • 2655 Posts

looks like more people like pc gaming more based on poll

kipsta77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 kipsta77
Member since 2012 • 1119 Posts
People who can't afford a pc, I completely understand. But those who argue and believe console gaming is better are deluding themselves.
krisroe_213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183 krisroe_213
Member since 2003 • 898 Posts

Hmm, let me see.

I have a first class ticket in one hand and economy in the other..

Miroku32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#184 Miroku32
Member since 2006 • 8666 Posts
PC Gaming. Why? Cheaper games, better graphics, having multiple ways for play a game (KB + M and Controller) and of course, mods.
Link3301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

#185 Link3301
Member since 2008 • 2001 Posts

I personally indetify as a manticore, but I will have to go with the PC becuase of it's larger library, MMOs, strategy games, mods, control options that suit every game, lower game prices, etc.

campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
both, but mainly console.
BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#187 BPoole96
Member since 2008 • 22818 Posts

Dat necro

The poll results are interesting though

osirisx3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#188 osirisx3
Member since 2012 • 2113 Posts

consoles are just less worry and have the greatest games of all time. zelda OOT , MGS4, Mario Galaxy all exclusive to consoles. Not saying pc does not have good games but when it comes to the best I always end up liking console exclusives more. I hear a myth from hermits that pc gaming is some how on a higher level, but i have yet to see games on pc that have these higher standards other then better graphics. I dont consider a game with a lot of buttons to be "deep".

trollop_scat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#189 trollop_scat
Member since 2006 • 2656 Posts

Consoles became obsolete with me when they stopped making survival horrors for them. Gamecube is probably the last console I actually liked between Eternal Darkness, REmake, RE0, and RE4. I liked Homecoming for PS3, didn't play Alan Wake, and there isn't much else there that I can remember off the top of my head. Pickings have been slim on PC too but I get the best versions of all games and play them at 25x16 with better controls and sometimes mods. The only people who should like consoles more are sheep because their parents won't buy them good PCs or let them play M rated games...

NFJSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190 NFJSupreme
Member since 2005 • 6605 Posts

PC 

the_bi99man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#191 the_bi99man
Member since 2004 • 11465 Posts

I prefer console gaming for numerous reasons. but the main one is........ i'm use to it. i've been playing it all my life and i'm not dumping it for pc anytime soon. please don't bother me about the processing power or whatever is slightly superior. i just like it better, end of storybmanning2017

If you didn't want people bothering you about why your choice is objectively terrible, why did you make an account just to bump a 2 year old thread and announce it?

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts
Consoles because I like to play a lot of multiplayer games with my friends.
nutcrackr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 1

#193 nutcrackr
Member since 2004 • 13032 Posts
2:1 pc wins, amazing how many hermits we have recruited over the years. *wipes tear*
chunkowookie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194 chunkowookie
Member since 2012 • 270 Posts

2:1 pc wins, amazing how many hermits we have recruited over the years. *wipes tear*nutcrackr

Seems this poll was just yet another contest where consoles can't get halfway to a tie with the PC, even when they're all lumped together as a collective.

Also, people who find these threads through a google search should really look at dates before going to the trouble of making accounts just to contribute to conversations nobody has cared about for 2 years.

AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195 AdobeArtist  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25184 Posts

This 2 year old thread has been put back in its grave.