Pc gaming vs console gaming *poll*

• 195 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#101 commander
Member since 2010 • 16217 Posts
gaming on console i liked better when the console was still up to date, today however i like more playing on a pc
Bladebri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#102 Bladebri
Member since 2010 • 239 Posts

Where's the option for both?

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#103 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

Console. More cost effective and I don't feel liike learning PC stuff.

Sandvichman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 Sandvichman
Member since 2010 • 4006 Posts

[QUOTE="Sandvichman"][QUOTE="Gauloisess"]

Show me an active Gears of War fansite than.

I can show more than 20 Diablo 2 community sites wich are being populated and updated regularly. And that is an old 2d sub HD hack and slash game. Face it, console gamers have no sense of community. And no, an online network like Live and PSN alone doesn't create a community.

You should be ashamed of yourself. Scandinavia is one of the home bases of PC gaming and with events like Dreamhack one of the leading parts of the world in competitive PC gaming. Traitor lol.

Birdy09

Your kidding me right? Having large ammounts of individual sites does not make a community, if anythiung that would justg suggest there being a split in one. You are trying too much, justl ike you try too much on the bf3 forums. A gaming pc costs 1200, this is a high end one, a budget about 800 usd, a console costs no more then 350, why the hell wouild i buy a gaming pc?

I dont know, in context of the forum (bf3) playing the version that is actually Battlefield 2's successor? amongst many other games,

Considering i never played bf2 with 64 players for the most part only 32 to 40 max, which mind you according to dice is the fun area, i think i can live without it. Besides, knowing dice, the gameplay to scale ratio difference will be non existant. More players, bigger maps, more spread out players= same intensity as smaller maps with lesser players. Because numbers arent anything. Also, the battlefield 3 forums are horrible.

sm0ke311

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 sm0ke311
Member since 2006 • 1069 Posts

all good games comes to consoles and meaby later on pc

my pc can run dead space2 on high but i chose play it on ps3 hdtv

crysis looks good on consoles pc is for watching movies and download music

htekemerald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#106 htekemerald
Member since 2004 • 7325 Posts

There no doubt about it, PC gaming over casual gaming

Avatar image for organic_machine
organic_machine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#107 organic_machine
Member since 2004 • 10143 Posts

When I have hours and hours of time to kill, I go with PC.

When I just want to sit down for about five to ten minutes, I play console.

Overal, I'd say I prefer PC.

Birdy09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 Birdy09
Member since 2009 • 4775 Posts

[QUOTE="Birdy09"][QUOTE="Sandvichman"] Your kidding me right? Having large ammounts of individual sites does not make a community, if anythiung that would justg suggest there being a split in one. You are trying too much, justl ike you try too much on the bf3 forums. A gaming pc costs 1200, this is a high end one, a budget about 800 usd, a console costs no more then 350, why the hell wouild i buy a gaming pc?Sandvichman

I dont know, in context of the forum (bf3) playing the version that is actually Battlefield 2's successor? amongst many other games,

Considering i never played bf2 with 64 players for the most part only 32 to 40 max, which mind you according to dice is the fun area, i think i can live without it. Besides, knowing dice, the gameplay to scale ratio difference will be non existant. More players, bigger maps, more spread out players= same intensity as smaller maps with lesser players. Because numbers arent anything. Also, the battlefield 3 forums are horrible.

Seems alittle conveniant that you happen to play the same settings "between" (despite normal caps being 16 32 64) as an article to proove your point. but 64 players worked very well, actually gave a feeling of a warezone, and isnt possible on the console versions.
superfluidity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 superfluidity
Member since 2010 • 2163 Posts

Sandvichman

You're literally arguing in favor of fewer capabilities.

Also, small and large matches are not the same. One feels like a special forces skirmish whereas the other feels like a full-scale battle, there's a big difference. One is faster paced and an individual's actions are more important, the other is more strategic and depends more on teamwork.

They both have their place in video games, but they definitely aren't the same thing.

Sandvichman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 Sandvichman
[QUOTE="Sandvichman"]

[QUOTE="Birdy09"] I dont know, in context of the forum (bf3) playing the version that is actually Battlefield 2's successor? amongst many other games,Birdy09

Seems alittle conveniant that you happen to play the same settings "between" (despite normal caps being 16 32 64) as an article to proove your point. but 64 players worked very well, actually gave a feeling of a warezone, and isnt possible on the console versions.

What, servers had caps of 40 mate, check it out. 32-30 was the sweet stop for me in bf2, and bc2 was just downright perfect with 24 for me. I would like more, but im not going to shell out 1200 for a bf3 capable gaming pc, just for one game, as there is little that interests me on the pc platform, especially after the waste of money that potato sack was on steam. And no, it didnt give a feeling of a warzone, that feeling was hindered by its horrible gunplay, overpowered weapons and aircraft, and the commander spam. There is nothing immersive about: ENEMY SPOTTED BOAT spotted ENEMY SPOTTET TANK SPOTTED JESUT SPOTTED ME SPOTTED SANDVICH SPOTTED, hearing the same crap in 3 different languages on that same text being all over my screen, no fun at all.
Sandvichman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 Sandvichman

[QUOTE="Sandvichman"]

superfluidity

You're literally arguing in favor of fewer capabilities.

Also, small and large matches are not the same. One feels like a special forces skirmish whereas the other feels like a full-scale battle, there's a big difference. One is faster paced and an individual's actions are more important, the other is more strategic and depends more on teamwork.

They both have their place in video games, but they definitely aren't the same thing.

Of course not, i want more options, but they dont matter to me, as i never played in larger servers. BC2 gave it the feeling of a full scale battle, thats for sure.
ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 ChubbyGuy40
Member since 2007 • 26442 Posts

[QUOTE="Birdy09"][QUOTE="Sandvichman"]

Sandvichman

What, servers had caps of 40 mate, check it out. 32-30 was the sweet stop for me in bf2, and bc2 was just downright perfect with 24 for me. I would like more, but im not going to shell out 1200 for a bf3 capable gaming pc, just for one game, as there is little that interests me on the pc platform, especially after the waste of money that potato sack was on steam. And no, it didnt give a feeling of a warzone, that feeling was hindered by its horrible gunplay, overpowered weapons and aircraft, and the commander spam. There is nothing immersive about: ENEMY SPOTTED BOAT spotted ENEMY SPOTTET TANK SPOTTED JESUT SPOTTED ME SPOTTED SANDVICH SPOTTED, hearing the same crap in 3 different languages on that same text being all over my screen, no fun at all.

Someone sucked at Battlefield 2

cain006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#113 cain006
Member since 2008 • 8625 Posts

[QUOTE="Birdy09"][QUOTE="dakan45"]I was gonna vote for console but considering how system wars is filled with pc gamers at 100% of the time rather console gamers for "some" reason :roll: i bet pc gamig will be much higher on the votes than console gaming...so i wont even bother voting to increse the votes, its a lost cause trully.dakan45
These polls use to be alot closer, perhaps the reality is that these consoles are showing thier age, its not a lost cause,you just dont like the outcome.

Actualy it is a lost cause because all the console gamers got tired of arguing with pc gamers and stop posting in those threads. As i said, its a lost cause. It was inevitable. It happened.

That's actually true, some months ago, this poll would have been much closer.

I think pc is better, but a lot of hermits started getting annoying and the console gamers got tired of it.

berzerk0912

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 berzerk0912
Member since 2006 • 961 Posts

Console. I don't have to wait for a Windows screen to load all the damn time.

Dogswithguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#115 Dogswithguns
Member since 2007 • 11359 Posts
Consoles, they have better games. IMO... PCs are great too.
Kinthalis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 Kinthalis
Member since 2002 • 5503 Posts

Console. I don't have to wait for a Windows screen.

berzerk0912

LOL!

No you have just have to wait for the console GUI to load, then find the DVD, the wait for the game to load...

On PC, I can come home from work, wiggle the mouse and double click my steam game. Boom! I'm playing left 4 dead, WAY before you start playign anything on a console.

Birdy09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 Birdy09

[QUOTE="Birdy09"][QUOTE="Sandvichman"]

Sandvichman

Thats a valid point, that was a minor flaw that happened in all player counts though, something I hope doesnt return, spotting is a great edition, spamming voice com wasnt. I find it hard to believe there are no other pc games that would interest you either, and you always post negativly about it whenever the chance arises.

berzerk0912

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 berzerk0912

[QUOTE="berzerk0912"]

Kinthalis

LOL!

No you have just have to wait for the console GUI to load, then find the DVD, the wait for the game to load...

On PC, I can come home from work, wiggle the mouse and double click my steam game. Boom! I'm playing left 4 dead, WAY before you start playign anything on a console.

And by the time you do all that I'll be on the next stage of my game.

Birdy09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 Birdy09

[QUOTE="Kinthalis"]

[QUOTE="berzerk0912"]

berzerk0912

LOL!

Eh I put mine in sleep 24/7 when not in use, so boot up is litterally a second or 2, click the icon and im in, woop woop. Regaurdless, a pretty reason none the less surely?
Pray_to_me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 Pray_to_me
Member since 2011 • 4041 Posts

Wussup with the results of this poll? I thought this was cowspot? Must be a lot of people with Vaio's.

berzerk0912

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 berzerk0912

[QUOTE="berzerk0912"]

[QUOTE="Kinthalis"]

LOL!

Birdy09

Eh I put mine in sleep 24/7 when not in use, so boot up is litterally a second or 2, click the icon and im in, woop woop. Regaurdless, a pretty reason none the less surely?

You probably have a high electric bill if you don't live with your parents. I prefer to just shut my console completely off.

NeonNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 115

#122 NeonNinja
Member since 2005 • 17318 Posts

Both.

Though this year it looks like my purchases are leaning more towards PC.

PC- Crysis 2, STALKER: Shadow of Chernobyl, King's Bounty: Armored Princess, Bad Company 2

Console- Mass Defect 2, Sin and Punishment: Star Successor

That's like, 50% more on PC right? And we're like, five months into the year? Yeah. :P

sandbox3d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 sandbox3d
Member since 2010 • 5166 Posts

I prefer console gaming simply because that is were my favorite games have always been. Mario, Zelda, Metroid, Final Fantasy, Metal Gear, Ninja Gaiden, Dragon Quest, Team Ico games, Gran Turismo, Mario Kart, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, Oddworld, etc.. are just among a few series that I enjoy that are (mostly) exclusive to consoles. If I were to make a list of all my favorite games, over 95% of them would be console only.

Not a knock against PC by any means. Objectively, it is the very best platform. The most games, the best graphics, the best performance, and by far the most options. If a multiplat is on PC then I will usually opt for that version, and from time to time PC exclusives do spark my interest, but at the end of the day consoles just have my favorite games and that's all that matters to me.

sandbox3d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 sandbox3d
Member since 2010 • 5166 Posts

[QUOTE="Birdy09"][QUOTE="berzerk0912"]And by the time you do all that I'll be on the next stage of my game.

berzerk0912

You probably have a high electric bill if you don't live with your parents. I prefer to just shut my console completely off.

Putting a PC in sleep mode does not consume very much power at all. Really man, that's just grasping.

superfluidity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 superfluidity

berzerk0912

Not sure if you're kidding.

I hit spacebar, 2 seconds later I see my desktop, I click the game icon and the game loads much faster than any console could. On my consoles it probably takes 10-15 times as long to actually get into the game overall.

Sandvichman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 Sandvichman

[QUOTE="Sandvichman"][QUOTE="Birdy09"] Seems alittle conveniant that you happen to play the same settings "between" (despite normal caps being 16 32 64) as an article to proove your point. but 64 players worked very well, actually gave a feeling of a warezone, and isnt possible on the console versions.ChubbyGuy40

Someone sucked at Battlefield 2

Fail, to counter arguement, result to insultng other arguers skill'' Also, you cant say bf2 gunplay was good, the shots were completly random, if my barrel is pointed at somethhing, it should go in that direction,
superfluidity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 superfluidity

Fail, to counter arguement, result to insultng other arguers skill'' Also, you cant say bf2 gunplay was good, the shots were completly random, if my barrel is pointed at somethhing, it should go in that direction,Sandvichman

Yeah, BF2 gun mechanics were pretty bad.

berzerk0912

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 berzerk0912

[QUOTE="berzerk0912"]

superfluidity

I hit spacebar, 2 seconds later I see my desktop, I click the game icon and the game loads much faster than any console could. On my consoles it probably takes 10-15 times as long to actually get into the game overall.

Is that after the long wait from the BIOS screen, and then the Windows startup screen? You also must be talking about your Sega Saturn if it takes 10-15 times as long, because you didn't specify which console you own if you really own one.

mike_on_mic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#129 mike_on_mic
Member since 2004 • 886 Posts
Pure and simple I prefer console gaming because of comfort. I enjoy my PC gaming as it gives me games I like playing that might be difficult to play on the console. But it is just comfort that makes me enjoy console gaming more.
magnax1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 magnax1
Member since 2007 • 4605 Posts

Consoles have considerably better exclusives then the PC. 5 years ago, it's PC no doubt, but anymore the only game I'd want on PC are the RTS and multiplats that I could just get on PS3 or 360.

jedikevin2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#131 jedikevin2
Member since 2004 • 5263 Posts

Consoles have considerably better exclusives then the PC. 5 years ago, it's PC no doubt, but anymore the only game I'd want on PC are the RTS and multiplats that I could just get on PS3 or 360.

magnax1

Did you seriously just lump in All 3 consoles against the Pc to make your argument sound compelling? Regardless, your base is full subjectivity. I can easily state Pc has better exclusives to any console but as you can see there is no facts to it...

Pc fact wise still offers:

• Biggest catalog of games to any console
  • Most diverse genre selection to any console
  • Most diverse allowance of input devices to any console
  • Highest graphical potential to any console
  • Longest lasting online community to any one console
dontshackzmii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#132 dontshackzmii
Member since 2009 • 6026 Posts

i like the console eco system better. But i also like how you can get the most out of your game with the pc.

dramaybaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 dramaybaz
Member since 2005 • 6020 Posts
PC, ze end.
berzerk0912

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 berzerk0912

[QUOTE="magnax1"]

jedikevin2

Did you seriously just lump in All 3 consoles against the Pc to make your argument sound compelling? Regardless, your base is full subjectivity. I can easily state Pc has better exclusives to any console but as you can see there is no facts to it...

And don't forget back, neck cramps from sitting on a office chair all day vs. a comfy sofa with a console, and beer on the coffee table.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab
deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab
Member since 2008 • 17476 Posts

[QUOTE="jedikevin2"]

[QUOTE="magnax1"]

berzerk0912

And don't forget back, neck cramps from sitting on a office chair all day vs. a comfy sofa with a console, and beer on the coffee table.

Well then its a good thing a PC can do both methods, couch or chair, along with the ability to choose between controller or keyboard.
Avatar image for deactivated-5d78760d7d740
deactivated-5d78760d7d740

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#136 deactivated-5d78760d7d740
Member since 2009 • 16386 Posts

Consoles, all of my favorite games are on consoles :D and all of my friends game on consoles

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61543 Posts

berzerk0912

Yet mine is connected to my HDTV (the same as my consoles) in front of my bed... Oh wait, that destroys your point... My back is so sore :(

yellosnolvr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#138 yellosnolvr
Member since 2005 • 19302 Posts

[QUOTE="Kinthalis"]

[QUOTE="berzerk0912"]

berzerk0912

LOL!

the game that takes 30 seconds to load? impossibru!
Mr_Cumberdale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#139 Mr_Cumberdale
Member since 2004 • 10189 Posts
Well, I prefer gaming so consoles are my only choice.
Arach666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#141 Arach666
Member since 2009 • 23285 Posts

Well, I prefer gaming so consoles are my only choice.Mr_Cumberdale

Rekunta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#142 Rekunta
Member since 2002 • 8275 Posts

I like my PC better, it's usually more customizable and I can play RTSes and simulations on it. I do however play on my console more, sometimes even if I have the option to play the same game on my PC (if the performance is close enough that is). I just downloaded KOTOR off of Steam to play, and ended up breaking out my X-Box version instead due to my back killing me for sitting there for hours at a time.

When I'm gaming, I like to be lounging back on my comfy couch with my feet up rather than hunched in front of a relatively small screen in comparison to my HDTV hooked up to an awesome sound system. I know it's possible to hook my PC up to my TV, but it's such a major hassle. I also like just being able to pick up a controller and play. But overall, despite the discomfort factor, I believe the PC to give a better more satisfying gaming experience than any console can. If one day I go through the pain of connecting it all up to my TV, then I'll choose PC, but at this point I kind of prefer consoles.

edinsftw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#143 edinsftw
Member since 2009 • 4243 Posts

Consoles offer me nothing that my pc cant do better. The only reason i even own my ps3 still is because of demon souls and the upcoming darksouls. Otherwise the exclusives have not been that good from consoles this gen.

Kinthalis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 Kinthalis
Member since 2002 • 5503 Posts

And that's the bottom line.

With the exception of a couple of exclusives, consoles can do NOTHING that my PC can't do better. And my PC can do a ton of things consoles can't do.

Like right now, my home theater PC is recording 3 things while I watch another channel. And my wife is streaming a blu-ray from it to her iPad. I'm also obviously surfing the web, while I plan out my next turn in Shogun 2 total War. And yesterday I edited some home HD movies for a friend.

And now friends want to play the new Mount Blade, so l8tr :)

superfluidity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 superfluidity

[QUOTE="superfluidity"]

[QUOTE="berzerk0912"]

berzerk0912

Is that after the long wait from the BIOS screen, and then the Windows startup screen? You also must be talking about your Sega Saturn if it takes 10-15 times as long, because you didn't specify which console you own if you really own one.

I haven't shut my computer off in months.

I own a 360 and used to have a Wii.

topsemag55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#146 topsemag55
Member since 2007 • 19063 Posts

I don't feel liike learning PC stuff.

turtlethetaffer

What? It's fun to think in binary.:lol:

Jebus213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 Jebus213
Member since 2010 • 10056 Posts

the games are better.

2-10-08

rrriiiiiiiii...

superfluidity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 superfluidity

[QUOTE="Birdy09"][QUOTE="berzerk0912"]And by the time you do all that I'll be on the next stage of my game.

berzerk0912

Are you new to computers or something? When a computer is in sleep mode it uses an immaterial amount of power. My last PG&E bill was $37, and yes I can back that up if necessary. Though if you put me through the trouble I ask that you unequivocally admit to being wrong about this.

Kenny789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#149 Kenny789
Member since 2006 • 10434 Posts
I really can't choose. I'm mostly a console gamer with the Wii but there is no doubt that the PC has amazing games as well.
jjccjj92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 jjccjj92
Member since 2010 • 641 Posts

I never knew hermits were so predominant here.