Pc gaming vs console gaming *poll*

• 195 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

sydneyfcrules1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 0

#1 sydneyfcrules1
Member since 2010 • 153 Posts

Which do you prefer to game with and why?

DoomZaW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2 DoomZaW
Member since 2007 • 6475 Posts

PC, no discussion

dercoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 dercoo
Member since 2006 • 12555 Posts

I just prefer the gaming experience on consoles more.

Still, I need PCs for RTS/TBS and currently MMOs

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#4 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts
Console, but I can't wait to get into PC gaming someday.
topsemag55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#5 topsemag55
Member since 2007 • 19063 Posts

sydneyfcrules1

I'm curious why you didn't answer your question - it does add to the discussion, you know.:P

On-topic: PC, its strengths are numerous, not to mention the backward compatibility.

Rage010101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Rage010101
Member since 2006 • 5470 Posts

pc all the way, now and forever!

kalipekona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 kalipekona
Member since 2003 • 2492 Posts

PC is my main platform. It has just as many or more exclusives as the consoles that I enjoy and it is also where I play all my multiplatform games. It offers the most flexibility, the best graphics and performance, the wonderful world of mods, and great backwards compatibility with a library of thousands of games.

rzepak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 rzepak
Member since 2005 • 5758 Posts

PC. I love mods, indie games and mmos. I prefer kb/m.

SapSacPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 SapSacPrime
Member since 2004 • 8925 Posts

PC by a fair bit; if you have the option for both this late into a gen there isn't even a question about which is better, Sony and MS both seem to have forgotten what console gaming is about yet neither console comes close to the freedom and control you gain from your PC. Maybe Nintendo will remind us why consoles can have an advantage next gen? or maybe the trend that started with the PS2 will continue and there will be little point in owning a console if you have a gaming capable pc.

aia89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 aia89
Member since 2009 • 2828 Posts

PC by a fair bit; if you have the option for both this late into a gen there isn't even a question about which is better, Sony and MS both seem to have forgotten what console gaming is about yet neither console comes close to the freedom and control you gain from your PC. Maybe Nintendo will remind us why consoles can have an advantage next gen? or maybe the trend that started with the PS2 will continue and there will be little point in owning a console if you have a gaming capable pc.

SapSacPrime
why "nintendo will remind us" ? haven't they always produced quality games?
Avatar image for WithoutGraceXII
WithoutGraceXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 WithoutGraceXII
Member since 2007 • 1797 Posts
My time gaming is split pretty much 50/50 between pc and console, but I'll always be a console gamer at heart. Probably because that's how I started out playing games and it's still what I'm most comfortable with.
PcGamingRig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 PcGamingRig
Member since 2009 • 7386 Posts

PC!!! TC... :| :P

kungfuchaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13 kungfuchaos
Member since 2004 • 5643 Posts

I have just recently converted to being mainly a PC gamer. That being said, I dont have the $$$ to build a awesome gaming rig at the moment but that doesnt stop me from playing the games I like on PC. Both my laptop and my desktop are capable of higher visual quality than either the 360 or PS3 on average, so Im not worried about that issue. STEAM is an amazing service and I have already acquired a fairly larger PC gaming collection. PC gaming just makes more sense simply because you can always upgrade your system with more RAM, new graphics cards and other things. M/KB is the ultimate way to play FPS and consoles simply dont offer the amazing games in the RPG or RTS genre that PC's have.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#14 AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts

sydneyfcrules1
Got the best version of games , playing on best graphical quality possible with above TRUE HD resolutions , got way better prices for this better overall quality for games , way better online gaming , countless free online games , countless mods for my best games , HUGE competitive communities with games as Counter-strike,Starcraft,Warcraft,WoW,LoL and sooo many others... Minimum to NoN loading screens , Plug and play with X360 pad , easily attach to my HDTV and truly 1080p gaming while relaxing on my couch , best compatibility ( there arent "gens" for PC gaming since 1995+ ) overall , best multimedia system ( movies,music,applications etc etc ).. What more you can ask to choose PC gaming over consoles? 4-5 exclusives? Nah ill pass. if i ever feel i miss an exclusive ill rent PS3/x360 for + the game supposed im missing for a week , pay like 30$$ max ( half games price ) and have this "Exclusive" experience consolites talk about and here i am..!! :)
2-10-08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#15 2-10-08
Member since 2008 • 2775 Posts

Console gaming. It's cheaper, and the games are better.

kungfuchaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 kungfuchaos

2-10-08

Cheaper? So you enjoy paying $10 more per average on any given game as a console gamer? Cheaper? You obviously already own a PC or laptop as you are posting on these forums. Odds are that PC could play the vast majority of games available without you spending a single dime to upgrade. I think you have been mislead in your information as which is the least expensive way to game.

Birdy09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Birdy09
Member since 2009 • 4775 Posts
This poll always ends in the same way :P
coreybg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 coreybg
Member since 2009 • 2608 Posts

PC. Has a lot more options and I prefer the games it has.

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#19 PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30570 Posts

Im not voting. Personaly i prefer playing on consoles but im pretty convinced that PC is the best system.

2-10-08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 2-10-08
Member since 2008 • 2775 Posts

[QUOTE="2-10-08"]

kungfuchaos

Cheaper? So you enjoy paying $10 more per average on any given game as a console gamer? Cheaper? You obviously already own a PC or laptop as you are posting on these forums. Odds are that PC could play the vast majority of games available without you spending a single dime to upgrade. I think you have been mislead in your information as which is the least expensive way to game.

I've followed both PC and Console gaming extensively for four years now. I do research on every purchase I make and use multiple game trading sites such as goozex, half, amazon, and ebay. I know that 360 games tend to depreciate in value faster than PS3 games. I know exactly what my PC can and cannot play. And I know that one can buy a used 360 for around $100, hundreds of dollars cheaper than what kind of PC that will get me. And I know that the PC exclusive list contains an absurd amount of expansions and the equivalent of XBLA titles, which are more or less a step up from flash games. Console gaming is cheaper and better, no question.
Birdy09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Birdy09
Member since 2009 • 4775 Posts
[QUOTE="kungfuchaos"]

[QUOTE="2-10-08"]

2-10-08

I've followed both PC and Console gaming extensively for four years now. I do research on every purchase I make and use multiple game trading sites such as goozex, half, amazon, and ebay. I know that 360 games tend to depreciate in value faster than PS3 games. I know exactly what my PC can and cannot play. And I know that one can buy a used 360 for around $100, hundreds of dollars cheaper than what kind of PC that will get me. And I know that the PC exclusive list contains an absurd amount of expansions and the equivalent of XBLA titles, which are more or less a step up from flash games. Console gaming is cheaper and better, no question.

Lol what expansions are the equivilant to Xbox LIVE games?
coreybg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 coreybg
Member since 2009 • 2608 Posts

[QUOTE="2-10-08"][QUOTE="kungfuchaos"]Cheaper? So you enjoy paying $10 more per average on any given game as a console gamer? Cheaper? You obviously already own a PC or laptop as you are posting on these forums. Odds are that PC could play the vast majority of games available without you spending a single dime to upgrade. I think you have been mislead in your information as which is the least expensive way to game.

Birdy09

Lol what expansions are the equivilant to Xbox LIVE games?

He probably thinks expansions are like CoD map packs.

ManicAce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 ManicAce
Member since 2009 • 3267 Posts

I pretty much always choose PC version over PS3 version of games, I'm used to KB/M so controllers feel a bit clumsy in comparison and the games tend to be cheaper. If I had the option to rent games for PS3 the situation might be different.

EddieTheHead84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 EddieTheHead84
Member since 2011 • 2131 Posts

I've been gaming since 1992 and I love both but PC is better for quite a few reasons.

aia89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 aia89
[QUOTE="kungfuchaos"]

[QUOTE="2-10-08"]

2-10-08

explain "better"
hypoty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 hypoty
Member since 2009 • 2825 Posts

[QUOTE="kungfuchaos"]

[QUOTE="2-10-08"]

2-10-08

As an owner of all current gen consoles, I can safely say that in my case your are wrong on both accounts. Very wrong.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
deactivated-5ac102a4472fe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
Member since 2007 • 7431 Posts

I like PC gaming the best, due to the open platform, and ability to alter, and do whatever you want with your game.

That does not mean I dislike consoles tho ^^ Gaming on a console is just fine, I just dont like the closed platform or the big companies "you play what we tell you to, how we tell you to" mentality that seeps through those.

Inconsistancy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Inconsistancy
Member since 2004 • 8094 Posts
PC, RTS, Resolution, FPS(frames), FPS, Grapics, Ambient noise. Also quite a bit more convenient to not have to flip through the inputs on my tv just to do computer related stuff and then play games. Probably better on power consumption, considering I'd leave the computer on all the time regardless of if I used consoles a lot or not.
Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

Older console games. Games of today are too easy, and reading through 50 pages of planning on a pc game is not hard--it's stupid.

kungfuchaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 kungfuchaos

This poll speaks very loudly to me. I personally think that MS and Sony are in huge trouble this next generation. They are going to have to put out consoles that are atleast equal if not more powerful than a mid to high end gaming PC. Anything less than all games being 720p and 60 fps is unacceptable at this point. If the console makers want to push digital download more than they have, the next consoles are going to have to have bigger harddrives on the level of atleast 300 GB and probably more... Standard. Now you factor in the cost to the consumers. What do you guys think a console will run if Sony and MS intend to truely compete with PC's for the gamers $$$. At this point, Im betting the next XBOX and PS4 will run a minimum of $399 and will more likely be $499.

I ask why in the world would developers continue to make games for consoles that are inferior in every way to PC's. These guys spend their lives making this games and to not have their full vision realized because of gimped console doesnt make sense to me. I could totally see developers like EPIC, Id, DICE, IW, BioWare and Treyarch putting their main focus back to the PC. They will play to the highest common denominator. Everyone owns a PC. They have become a requirement in our society in basic daily life.

Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts
Has SW become a hermit paradise again? :o PC not just beating all 3 consoles combined but doubling their number! I never thought I'd live to see the day ....
Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60718 Posts
PC-Open platform, mods, kb/m, best visuals and awesome Steam sales.
abuabed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 abuabed
Member since 2005 • 6606 Posts
PC, it's just too awesome for me not to choose.
lowe0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 lowe0
Member since 2004 • 13692 Posts

Console gamer 88-93, PC gamer 94-00, both 01-05, console gamer 06-present. I still have a gaming PC (just updated it, actually) but prefer the PS3 for convenience and gamepad support.

DreamCryotank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 DreamCryotank
Member since 2011 • 1829 Posts

PC, because the consoles don't offer me games like:

Stalker

World In Conflict

Dawn Of War

Gemini Rue

Magicka

Ragnarok Online

X3 Terran Conflict

Planescape Torment (;))

Crysis 1

Starcraft

GTR2

The Witcher

Sam & Max

Minecraft

Grim Fandango

Defcon

Total War

ect

DarthJohnova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 DarthJohnova
Member since 2010 • 4599 Posts

I think consoles are better because Uncharted 3 will be graphics king; It has much higher resolutions than any PC games out there and to be honest, It will provide a much better gaming experience as UC1 and UC2 have before.

Everyone I know is jealous of my high-rez PS3 games because they look better than their modded Crysis.

NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 NaveedLife
Member since 2010 • 17179 Posts

PC, because its better. To list all the reasons would take up way too much time and space. I love consoles for the exclusives, but that is all.

aia89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 aia89

I think consoles are better because Uncharted 3 will be graphics king; It has much higher resolutions than any PC games out there and to be honest, It will provide a much better gaming experience as UC1 and UC2 have before.

Everyone I know is jealous of my high-rez PS3 games because they look better than their modded Crysis.

DarthJohnova
do you even know what resolution is? well of course you're being ironic, I hope so
Sandvichman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Sandvichman
Member since 2010 • 4006 Posts

Console gaming, community is better for me, i know more people who play on consoles, it is so much cheaper here in noray, and gears of war 3 beta>>> ever single pc game for me.

Gauloisess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Gauloisess
Member since 2010 • 305 Posts

2-10-08

Consolites always make me laugh.

Gauloisess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Gauloisess

Console gaming, community is better for me, i know more people who play on consoles, it is so much cheaper here in noray, and gears of war 3 beta>>> ever single pc game for me.

Sandvichman

Oh, I didn t know Consolites had communities lol.

110million

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 110million
Member since 2008 • 14910 Posts

PC gaming.

Mods to make games better or fix broken games. I would not play titles like Oblivion without them.

Freedom of any controller and any screen.

Has a lot of purposes other than gaming so the price is justified.

Services like steam have made me save almost as much money as my computer is worth anyways. Awesome community too.

Best version of multiplats, tons of unique exclusives. Adventure Games are one of my favorite genres and its basically dead on consoles, but very active on PC.

Able to play old games with a tiny bit of work, services like GOG will sell old games working on Windows 7 with no DRM as well, for any titles one missed and are impossible to find now legally.

Higher frame rates, resolutions, AA, AF, etc, not a game changer, but its nice when you have the option.

Sandvichman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Sandvichman

[QUOTE="2-10-08"]

Gauloisess

Consolites always make me laugh.

You have a problem with other peoples opinon dont you?

Sandvichman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Sandvichman

[QUOTE="Sandvichman"]

Gauloisess

Ignorance is bliss mate. Troll harder.
James161324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 James161324
Member since 2009 • 8315 Posts
PC without a doubt
Gauloisess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Gauloisess

[QUOTE="Gauloisess"]

[QUOTE="Sandvichman"]

Sandvichman

Ignorance is bliss mate. Troll harder.

Show me an active Gears of War fansite than.

I can show more than 20 Diablo 2 community sites wich are being populated and updated regularly. And that is an old 2d sub HD hack and slash game. Face it, console gamers have no sense of community. And no, an online network like Live and PSN alone doesn't create a community.

You should be ashamed of yourself. Scandinavia is one of the home bases of PC gaming and with events like Dreamhack one of the leading parts of the world in competitive PC gaming. Traitor lol.

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

I have been a conolite all my life and I am selling my PS3 now to buy a gaming PC. So I vote PC

TheMoreYouOwn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 TheMoreYouOwn
Member since 2010 • 3927 Posts
Console. Has the games I wanna play.
aia89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 aia89

I have been a conolite all my life and I am selling my PS3 now to buy a gaming PC. So I vote PC

seanmcloughlin
keep the console, don't you make that mistake
Tony-Baxter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Tony-Baxter
Member since 2003 • 6498 Posts
Wheres portable gaming in the poll?