Pc gaming vs console gaming *poll*

• 195 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

lowe0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 lowe0
Member since 2004 • 13692 Posts

You should be ashamed of yourself. Scandinavia is one of the home bases of PC gaming and with events like Dreamhack one of the leading parts of the world in competitive PC gaming. Traitor lol.

Gauloisess

So basically, people who don't think like you should be ashamed of themselves. Totally sounds like a community I'd like to join. :roll:

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

I have been a conolite all my life and I am selling my PS3 now to buy a gaming PC. So I vote PC

aia89

keep the console, don't you make that mistake

I don't see how switching to PC gaming is a mistake.

lowe0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 lowe0

[QUOTE="aia89"][QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

I have been a conolite all my life and I am selling my PS3 now to buy a gaming PC. So I vote PC

seanmcloughlin

keep the console, don't you make that mistake

I don't see how switching to PC gaming is a mistake.

He's saying that selling the console is a mistake. Don't switch; add.
dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#54 dakan45
Member since 2009 • 18819 Posts
I was gonna vote for console but considering how system wars is filled with pc gamers at 100% of the time rather console gamers for "some" reason :roll: i bet pc gamig will be much higher on the votes than console gaming...so i wont even bother voting to increse the votes, its a lost cause trully.
Birdy09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Birdy09
Member since 2009 • 4775 Posts
I was gonna vote for console but considering how system wars is filled with pc gamers at 100% of the time rather console gamers for "some" reason :roll: i bet pc gamig will be much higher on the votes than console gaming...so i wont even bother voting to increse the votes, its a lost cause trully.dakan45
These polls use to be alot closer, perhaps the reality is that these consoles are showing thier age, its not a lost cause,you just dont like the outcome.
Grawse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#56 Grawse
Member since 2010 • 4342 Posts

[QUOTE="Sandvichman"]

Console gaming, community is better for me, i know more people who play on consoles, it is so much cheaper here in noray, and gears of war 3 beta>>> ever single pc game for me.

Gauloisess

Oh, I didn t know Consolites had communities lol.

Yeah, they migrate from CoD to CoD every fall :o

To answer, lol PC. Better graphics, controls, better games, mods etc. If you played PC do really don't need an explanation on how it's better than console gaming.

SajuukSW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 SajuukSW
Member since 2011 • 107 Posts
[QUOTE="kungfuchaos"]

[QUOTE="2-10-08"]

Console gaming. It's cheaper, and the games are better.

2-10-08

Cheaper? So you enjoy paying $10 more per average on any given game as a console gamer? Cheaper? You obviously already own a PC or laptop as you are posting on these forums. Odds are that PC could play the vast majority of games available without you spending a single dime to upgrade. I think you have been mislead in your information as which is the least expensive way to game.

I've followed both PC and Console gaming extensively for four years now. I do research on every purchase I make and use multiple game trading sites such as goozex, half, amazon, and ebay. I know that 360 games tend to depreciate in value faster than PS3 games. I know exactly what my PC can and cannot play. And I know that one can buy a used 360 for around $100, hundreds of dollars cheaper than what kind of PC that will get me. And I know that the PC exclusive list contains an absurd amount of expansions and the equivalent of XBLA titles, which are more or less a step up from flash games. Console gaming is cheaper and better, no question.

I've played expansions this gen that are better quality and content-wise compared to full priced releases, so discounting them off-hand is absurd. The same goes for discounting indie titles, as XBLA games make up the majority of the xbox line-up as of late
dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 dakan45
[QUOTE="dakan45"]I was gonna vote for console but considering how system wars is filled with pc gamers at 100% of the time rather console gamers for "some" reason :roll: i bet pc gamig will be much higher on the votes than console gaming...so i wont even bother voting to increse the votes, its a lost cause trully.Birdy09
These polls use to be alot closer, perhaps the reality is that these consoles are showing thier age, its not a lost cause,you just dont like the outcome.

Actualy it is a lost cause because all the console gamers got tired of arguing with pc gamers and stop posting in those threads. As i said, its a lost cause. It was inevitable. It happened.
Birdy09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Birdy09
[QUOTE="Birdy09"][QUOTE="dakan45"]I was gonna vote for console but considering how system wars is filled with pc gamers at 100% of the time rather console gamers for "some" reason :roll: i bet pc gamig will be much higher on the votes than console gaming...so i wont even bother voting to increse the votes, its a lost cause trully.dakan45

Actualy it is a lost cause because all the console gamers got tired of arguing with pc gamers and stop posting in those threads. As i said, its a lost cause. It was inevitable. It happened.

Yes yes, how convenient for you to make that up :roll:
dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 dakan45
[QUOTE="Birdy09"][QUOTE="dakan45"][QUOTE="Birdy09"] These polls use to be alot closer, perhaps the reality is that these consoles are showing thier age, its not a lost cause,you just dont like the outcome.

Make up? I made nothing up. Consoles gamers no longer bother with "pc vs console threads" They got tired of those arguments, every time someones argues the opposite, its just flamming that he doesnt know what he is talking about so they gave up. Pure facts, go ahead and deny it. I am DONE arguing just like the rest. You wil always be denial about it, so why bother? Hell it willl be like last time that there were only hermits in the thread because everyone else knew what the thread is gonna come to, but then thats just me "making stuff up" :lol: :lol:
Birdy09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Birdy09
[QUOTE="dakan45"][QUOTE="Birdy09"][QUOTE="dakan45"] Actualy it is a lost cause because all the console gamers got tired of arguing with pc gamers and stop posting in those threads. As i said, its a lost cause. It was inevitable. It happened.

Make up? I made nothing up. Consoles gamers no longer bother with "pc vs console threads" They got tired of those arguments, every time someones argues the opposite, its just flamming that he doesnt know what he is talking about so they gave up. Pure facts, go ahead and deny it. I am DONE arguing just like the rest. You wil always be denial about it, so why bother? Hell it willl be like last time that there were only hermits in the thread because everyone else knew what the thread is gonna come to, but then thats just me "making stuff up" :lol: :lol:

Nothing you have said is fact. Nothing I can say on the subject is fact. the those confident in thier side will always do it, which speaks volumes.
Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts
[QUOTE="Birdy09"][QUOTE="dakan45"]I was gonna vote for console but considering how system wars is filled with pc gamers at 100% of the time rather console gamers for "some" reason :roll: i bet pc gamig will be much higher on the votes than console gaming...so i wont even bother voting to increse the votes, its a lost cause trully.dakan45

You mean their straw arguments got dismantled every time? I could see why they'd want to stop after a while. :) Consolite: "Teh PCz are dying" PC Gamer: "Well if you look at the actual figures PC gaming is experiencing a rapid growth, while the console market has experienced a significant decline year on year." Consolite: "buh buh: :cry:
Avatar image for Console_Gamer93
Console_Gamer93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#64 Console_Gamer93
Member since 2007 • 2712 Posts

Consoles, "no discussion."

110million

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#65 110million
Member since 2008 • 14910 Posts
[QUOTE="dakan45"][QUOTE="Birdy09"][QUOTE="dakan45"] Actualy it is a lost cause because all the console gamers got tired of arguing with pc gamers and stop posting in those threads. As i said, its a lost cause. It was inevitable. It happened.

Everyone will go into a poll and vote what they believe, even if they don't contribute to the discussion. Some people are just upset they are on the losing side of the poll is all.
Another-World

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Another-World
Member since 2011 • 784 Posts

this gen, it is the PC.

last gen, it was ps2.

Before that, PC and playstation in about equal measure.

And during the time of amiga and c64, it was SNES.

lowe0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 lowe0
[QUOTE="dakan45"][QUOTE="Birdy09"] These polls use to be alot closer, perhaps the reality is that these consoles are showing thier age, its not a lost cause,you just dont like the outcome.blue_hazy_basic

You mean their straw arguments got dismantled every time? I could see why they'd want to stop after a while. :) Consolite: "Teh PCz are dying" PC Gamer: "Well if you look at the actual figures PC gaming is experiencing a rapid growth, while the console market has experienced a significant decline year on year." Consolite: "buh buh: :cry:

Yes, but the straw arguments are the only ones people try to argue against. Try giving some solid reasons for your preference, such as a UI designed to be used from a couch with a gamepad or the benefits of a single friends list and voice client, and you'll just get blank stares.
Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts

[QUOTE="blue_hazy_basic"][QUOTE="dakan45"] Actualy it is a lost cause because all the console gamers got tired of arguing with pc gamers and stop posting in those threads. As i said, its a lost cause. It was inevitable. It happened.lowe0

Yes, but the straw arguments are the only ones people try to argue against. Try giving some solid reasons for your preference, such as a UI designed to be used from a couch with a gamepad or the benefits of a single friends list and voice client, and you'll just get blank stares.

For personal prefence no one can argue against. Although you do know its simple to attach the PC to your TV and if your preference is a less acurate control method you can use a controller as well, so the couch/controller thing is OH NOES .... :P

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#70 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

Im a gamer, I game on everything.

PsP,DS,3DS,PS3,Wii,360,PC ect ect....

DroidPhysX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 DroidPhysX
Member since 2010 • 17098 Posts

Console because all my friends don't game on PC:(

BlackDevil99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 BlackDevil99
Member since 2003 • 2329 Posts

pc, probably spend 80% of my gaming time on pc, compared to 19% on 360 and 1% on PS3

Birdy09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Birdy09
[QUOTE="blue_hazy_basic"][QUOTE="dakan45"] Actualy it is a lost cause because all the console gamers got tired of arguing with pc gamers and stop posting in those threads. As i said, its a lost cause. It was inevitable. It happened.lowe0

Single freinds list? how is that a benefit? oh right, they have caps aswell :lol:. Skype is my single freinds list and communication in one.
lowe0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 lowe0

For personal prefence no one can argue against. Although you do know its simple to attach the PC to your TV and if your preference is a less acurate control method you can use a controller as well, so the couch/controller thing is OH NOES .... :P

blue_hazy_basic
You completely ignored the part about UI design and focused solely on the ability to plug a video card into a TV. There's a difference between being able to do something and being designed to do something. But thanks for proving my point - if it's not the tired old "you can plug a PC into a TV", you're not interested in debating it.
Single freinds list? how is that a benefit? oh right, they have caps aswell :lol:. Skype is my single freinds list and communication in one.Birdy09
Persistent unique IDs - I can friend someone in one game, and be able to find them in any game (and ideally, the same would apply for blocking). As for voice, it's better to have a single built-in client because it eliminates the need for multiple external clients and ensures that you can talk to your team without worrying about whether they've connected to a Vent/TS server or are using the in-game voice. Additionally, by putting the game in control of voice, it can automatically manage things like squad/team/all channels and handle squad/team changes for you. And tying back into the single ID list, you can mute someone in-game and have it permanently apply to all other games.
wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#75 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

PC, my all in one media center and work station

skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 skrat_01
Member since 2007 • 33767 Posts
I rather PC gaming, though I do love my consoles and handhelds.
Sandvichman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 Sandvichman
Member since 2010 • 4006 Posts

[QUOTE="Sandvichman"][QUOTE="Gauloisess"]

Oh, I didn t know Consolites had communities lol.

Gauloisess

Ignorance is bliss mate. Troll harder.

Show me an active Gears of War fansite than.

I can show more than 20 Diablo 2 community sites wich are being populated and updated regularly. And that is an old 2d sub HD hack and slash game. Face it, console gamers have no sense of community. And no, an online network like Live and PSN alone doesn't create a community.

You should be ashamed of yourself. Scandinavia is one of the home bases of PC gaming and with events like Dreamhack one of the leading parts of the world in competitive PC gaming. Traitor lol.

Your kidding me right? Having large ammounts of individual sites does not make a community, if anythiung that would justg suggest there being a split in one. You are trying too much, justl ike you try too much on the bf3 forums. A gaming pc costs 1200, this is a high end one, a budget about 800 usd, a console costs no more then 350, why the hell wouild i buy a gaming pc?
Avatar image for harry_james_pot
harry_james_pot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#78 harry_james_pot  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 11414 Posts
The PC of course. It has superior graphics and performance, better exclusives, bigger game library, my favorite genres are adventure and RPG, and i prefer the KB/Mouse.
Vandalvideo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#79 Vandalvideo
Member since 2003 • 39655 Posts
[QUOTE="lowe0"]] Persistent unique IDs - I can friend someone in one game, and be able to find them in any game (and ideally, the same would apply for blocking). As for voice, it's better to have a single built-in client because it eliminates the need for multiple external clients and ensures that you can talk to your team without worrying about whether they've connected to a Vent/TS server or are using the in-game voice. Additionally, by putting the game in control of voice, it can automatically manage things like squad/team/all channels and handle squad/team changes for you. And tying back into the single ID list, you can mute someone in-game and have it permanently apply to all other games.

You're making a personal value judgment and making a sweeping generalization based on it. A central assumption to this argument is that the amount of increased fidelity you gain from ventrillo/teamspeak does not outweigh the assurity of being able to hear people in servers, which in and of itself has problems such as dealing with rabble rousers and annoying children; something which is much more easily screened out through the use of private servers on ventrillo. Primarily because these people are too lazy or unable to access the servers for lack of skills.
Kokuro_Kun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 Kokuro_Kun
Member since 2009 • 2339 Posts
PC gaming is like before you knew how great HD tv was. You though television and cable was all you needed until you saw a 1080P Bluray on a 55in. Once you PC game, you never go back.
Birdy09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 Birdy09
[QUOTE="Gauloisess"]

[QUOTE="Sandvichman"] Ignorance is bliss mate. Troll harder. Sandvichman

Show me an active Gears of War fansite than.

I can show more than 20 Diablo 2 community sites wich are being populated and updated regularly. And that is an old 2d sub HD hack and slash game. Face it, console gamers have no sense of community. And no, an online network like Live and PSN alone doesn't create a community.

Your kidding me right? Having large ammounts of individual sites does not make a community, if anythiung that would justg suggest there being a split in one. You are trying too much, justl ike you try too much on the bf3 forums. A gaming pc costs 1200, this is a high end one, a budget about 800 usd, a console costs no more then 350, why the hell wouild i buy a gaming pc?

I dont know, in context of the forum (bf3) playing the version that is actually Battlefield 2's successor? amongst many other games,
1080pOnly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 1080pOnly
Member since 2009 • 2216 Posts

Has SW become a hermit paradise again? :o PC not just beating all 3 consoles combined but doubling their number! I never thought I'd live to see the day ....blue_hazy_basic

The PC has matured a great deal. With Windows 7 gaming has become about as convenient as consoles. In fact my friends are amazed that my PC crashes less than my 360...

There is a wider variety of games, for all tastes, available on PC now than ever before. Integrated graphics cards that don't suck are on the horizon and that will put medium spec PC gaming in the hands of everyone that owns a computer.

The future for the PC seems quite bright at the moment but obviously won't last forever.

1080pOnly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 1080pOnly

[QUOTE="blue_hazy_basic"]

lowe0

You completely ignored the part about UI design and focused solely on the ability to plug a video card into a TV. There's a difference between being able to do something and being designed to do something. But thanks for proving my point - if it's not the tired old "you can plug a PC into a TV", you're not interested in debating it.
Single freinds list? how is that a benefit? oh right, they have caps aswell :lol:. Skype is my single freinds list and communication in one.Birdy09
Persistent unique IDs - I can friend someone in one game, and be able to find them in any game (and ideally, the same would apply for blocking). As for voice, it's better to have a single built-in client because it eliminates the need for multiple external clients and ensures that you can talk to your team without worrying about whether they've connected to a Vent/TS server or are using the in-game voice. Additionally, by putting the game in control of voice, it can automatically manage things like squad/team/all channels and handle squad/team changes for you. And tying back into the single ID list, you can mute someone in-game and have it permanently apply to all other games.

It's worth noting that Microsoft have included out-of-the-box HDTV support since Windows Vista. I myself game on a 46" Samsung at 1920x1080, on PC, with a wireless KB/M combo and a 360 controller, also wireless.

There is not a problem with 'UI Design' anymore and hasn't been since Windows XP.

Any modern (last few years) graphics card that you would buy for gaming come with 3 ways to connect to any new TV. HDMI, VGA (with adapter) and DVI.

lowe0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 lowe0
[QUOTE="Vandalvideo"][QUOTE="lowe0"]] Persistent unique IDs - I can friend someone in one game, and be able to find them in any game (and ideally, the same would apply for blocking). As for voice, it's better to have a single built-in client because it eliminates the need for multiple external clients and ensures that you can talk to your team without worrying about whether they've connected to a Vent/TS server or are using the in-game voice. Additionally, by putting the game in control of voice, it can automatically manage things like squad/team/all channels and handle squad/team changes for you. And tying back into the single ID list, you can mute someone in-game and have it permanently apply to all other games.

You're making a personal value judgment and making a sweeping generalization based on it. A central assumption to this argument is that the amount of increased fidelity you gain from ventrillo/teamspeak does not outweigh the assurity of being able to hear people in servers, which in and of itself has problems such as dealing with rabble rousers and annoying children; something which is much more easily screened out through the use of private servers on ventrillo. Primarily because these people are too lazy or unable to access the servers for lack of skills.

Of course people are going to have various assessments of the relative value of aspects of each platform. I listed a few aspects I find to be of positive net value, and those were dismissed out of hand instead of being discussed. That's fine, but next time this thread comes up there'll be another post about how console gamers only have the same few easily disproven arguments.
arto1223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#85 arto1223
Member since 2005 • 4412 Posts

And here we go again... PC

-Dedicated servers

-Better graphics

-Mouse and keyboard as well as any input device you want, including the Novint Falcon

-Can actually do 1080 and much more and also can do 60 fps and much more

-Steam, Direct2Drive, GoG.com, Impulse, Amazon, Blizzard, EA, and any and all other digital ways of downloading games. Then OnLive as a bonus.

-No charge for yearly internet

-Mods

-Up to three screens in FPS and racing games is amazing

-Backwards compatability

-The amount of customization that I have on my own experience, in both hardware and sofware.

-The distance I am from my monitor means that it takes up a larger field of vision than a large HDTV at a further distance (even though if I wanted I could just plug my PC into a HDTV).

-Xfire, FRAPs, Steam, Skype, Ventrillo, TeamSpeak, etc...

-And I'm tired of listing these things.

Vandalvideo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#86 Vandalvideo
Member since 2003 • 39655 Posts
Of course people are going to have various assessments of the relative value of aspects of each platform. I listed a few aspects I find to be of positive net value, and those were dismissed out of hand instead of being discussed. That's fine, but next time this thread comes up there'll be another post about how console gamers only have the same few easily disproven arguments.lowe0
Console gamers really only do have a small handful of arguments; and each and every one of them is some subjective value measurement. There really isn't any objective measuring stick you can use for consoles like you can for PCs. "Oh hey, there are more highly rated titles and exclusives on the PC!" Statements like that really don't exist for consoles. Sure, you can make value judgment arguments like "I prefer fighters, and there are more fighters on console" or "I prefer simplistic, poor sounding VOIP", but really there are few objective statements you can make of superiority for consoles.
1080pOnly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 1080pOnly

[QUOTE="lowe0"]Of course people are going to have various assessments of the relative value of aspects of each platform. I listed a few aspects I find to be of positive net value, and those were dismissed out of hand instead of being discussed. That's fine, but next time this thread comes up there'll be another post about how console gamers only have the same few easily disproven arguments.Vandalvideo
Console gamers really only do have a small handful of arguments; and each and every one of them is some subjective value measurement. There really isn't any objective measuring stick you can use for consoles like you can for PCs. "Oh hey, there are more highly rated titles and exclusives on the PC!" Statements like that really don't exist for consoles. Sure, you can make value judgment arguments like "I prefer fighters, and there are more fighters on console" or "I prefer simplistic, poor sounding VOIP", but really there are few objective statements you can make of superiority for consoles.

The most valid argument I ever see for consoles is that people prefer a closed environment to an open one for exactly the reason that they don't want so many options.

I can understand this. I do not feel that way but then i've spent a long time working with PC's and understand them fairly explicitly. With this in mind options for me are a great thing. For someone with limited time to explore them, a lack of interest in them or a lack of knowledge to use them they can just get in the way.

None of this changes the fact that, objectively, the PC is the better platform but subjectively, consoles may be more fun to use.

ShadowDeathX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 ShadowDeathX
Member since 2006 • 11699 Posts
PC because it is far more cheaper then console gaming. AND it is better in everywhere way possible to me =D
aia89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 aia89
Member since 2009 • 2828 Posts

43 console

129 pc

funny, 129/43 = 3

it's a triple! domination confirmed.

tryagainlater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#90 tryagainlater
Member since 2005 • 7446 Posts

I prefer consoles. I guess I'm a casual gamer.

Arach666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#91 Arach666
Member since 2009 • 23285 Posts
PC obviously.
DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26652 Posts
PC easily.
KC_Hokie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 KC_Hokie
Member since 2006 • 16099 Posts
I have an Xbox 360, PS3 & PC and spend more time on my consoles combined than PC.
Sandvichman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 Sandvichman
Member since 2010 • 4006 Posts
[QUOTE="Vandalvideo"][QUOTE="lowe0"]] Persistent unique IDs - I can friend someone in one game, and be able to find them in any game (and ideally, the same would apply for blocking). As for voice, it's better to have a single built-in client because it eliminates the need for multiple external clients and ensures that you can talk to your team without worrying about whether they've connected to a Vent/TS server or are using the in-game voice. Additionally, by putting the game in control of voice, it can automatically manage things like squad/team/all channels and handle squad/team changes for you. And tying back into the single ID list, you can mute someone in-game and have it permanently apply to all other games.

Do i see you pointing out that it was his opinion )obviously) Only to counter it with another opinion?
GeoffZak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 GeoffZak
Member since 2007 • 3715 Posts

I game primarily on PC now, but that's thanks to my roommate who constantly monopolizes the TV in our room. Because of how often I've been playing games on my computer and how little I've been playing games on my PS3, I thought I liked PC gaming more. But now that I think about it, whenever I get the chance to play my PS2 or PS3, the games are a lot more fun.

Console exclusive games like Tales of Vesperia, Sonic Unleashed, MLB10 the Show, Sonic 4, Scott Pilgrim, Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 2 and White Knight Chronicles are what make console gaming better.

But I will admit, when playing shooters, PC is the way to go. Playing shooters on the 360 or PS3 is no fun at all.

lowe0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 lowe0

[QUOTE="Vandalvideo"][QUOTE="lowe0"]Of course people are going to have various assessments of the relative value of aspects of each platform. I listed a few aspects I find to be of positive net value, and those were dismissed out of hand instead of being discussed. That's fine, but next time this thread comes up there'll be another post about how console gamers only have the same few easily disproven arguments.1080pOnly

The most valid argument I ever see for consoles is that people prefer a closed environment to an open one for exactly the reason that they don't want so many options.

I can understand this. I do not feel that way but then i've spent a long time working with PC's and understand them fairly explicitly. With this in mind options for me are a great thing. For someone with limited time to explore them, a lack of interest in them or a lack of knowledge to use them they can just get in the way.

None of this changes the fact that, objectively, the PC is the better platform but subjectively, consoles may be more fun to use.

Why does a preference for a closed platform have to stem from some sort of deficiency?
superfluidity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 superfluidity
Member since 2010 • 2163 Posts

PC.

The game library is massive and there is a much larger selection of the type of games I like to play (RTS, FPS, stat-focused RPGs, MMOs). Mods add significant value to many games. I enjoy building computers and like that I can upgrade my hardware as I see fit. I prefer the level of precision control that a mouse provides.

That said, I do enjoy console gaming as well, but for different reasons. Console gaming is great for when I get home from work and want to just crash on the couch with a simple game. It's also good for when friends are over who aren't into PC gaming.

Crimsader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 Crimsader
Member since 2008 • 11672 Posts
PC gamers outnumber the rest 3 to 1 lol.
SamiRDuran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 SamiRDuran
Member since 2005 • 2758 Posts
pc of course and anyone saying otherwise is in denial.
EliteM0nk3y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 EliteM0nk3y
Member since 2010 • 3382 Posts
I prefer consoles. I just have more fun with them. Not to say the couple games I have for my PC are bad, it's just I seem to have more fun on consoles.