Official Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time Thread! GS A..IGN AA

This topic is locked from further discussion.

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#1 finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts

Another Month with another upcoming Playstation game and this time its not just any game.. its Sly Cooper 4! The return of the Sly franchise! this is the first ever Sly game to be releasing outside of the PS2.

So let me start by saying Welcome to another thread filled with many information to get you ready for the game!

• Sly Cooper Short animated Film: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RI6vkyyK4Lc
  • Sly Cooper Demo #1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWQYZVaySNY
  • Sly Cooper Demo #2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SLy9raGcGw
  • Sly Cooper: IGN Live Stream: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rFlrJoMUVk
  • Augmented Reality: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRy15H6iEVE

Sly-4-Date-Set.jpg

About the game:

• Release Date: Feb 4th.2013
  • Systems: PlayStation 3 and PsVita
  • Price: $39.99
  • Buy the PS3 version and get PSVita version for FREE

Boxart:

Thieves_in_Time_Cropped_BA.png

Demo:

You can find right now two demos for the game, one which plays the same as E3 demo shwoed last year and another which takes half hour completely new.

Cross Buy:

Cross buy means that if you own both PS3 and Vita then you can buy one version and get the other for free to get the chance to play on Both systems, both versions are going to save your files in Cloud for you to be able to play on PS3 and finish up on Vita or the other way around. Buying the PS3 version will give you the Vita version for FREE! So make sure to pick up the PS3 version since it costs $39.99

New Price:

Sony have announced few months ago that Sly 4 will ONLY cost $39.99 with two versions at once.

Buy the PS3 version for $39.99 and get the Vita vrsion for FREE

Information:

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time (also known as Sly 4), is the upcoming fourth title of the Sly Cooper series of platform stealth video games. Thieves in Time will be available on the PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Vita. Though the original series was developed by Sucker Punch Productions for the PlayStation 2, this game will be developed by Sanzaru Games, who had previously ported the original games into high-definition versions for the PlayStation 3. The game was teased in these versions, but it was not formally announced until several months later at the 2011 Electronic Entertainment Expo during Sony's presentation on June 6, 2011.

The game, set in a world populated by anthropomorphic animals, follows from the end of Sly 3: Honor Among Thieves. Sly Cooper, a raccoon from a long line of master thieves, will need to reunite with his gang to locate and recover the Thievius Raccoonus, a book chronicling the Cooper family line that has been lost within time. The player controls Sly, Bentley, Murray, Carmelita Fox, and Sly's ancestors, using their skills to pull off heists and reveal who has tampered with the Cooper history.

link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sly_Cooper:_Thieves_in_Time

6347065548_a3111a0aea_z.jpg

Gameplay:

The developers said Sly 4 will keep its core gameplay, something what made the fans fall in love with but at the same time will also include lots of new  features that the fans will love even more.

Like previous games in the series, players primarily control Sly Cooper, who must sneak around and navigate various obstacles to help restore the history of the Thievius Raccoonus. Many of Sly's abilities return, such as navigating poles and ropes, jumping across narrow platforms and stealing items from guards. New to this game are costumes earned throughout the course of the game, which give Sly access to new abilities. Examples include a suit of armor that allows Sly to reflect projectiles with a shield, an archery outfit that lets him shoot arrows at targets to create rope lines and an Arabian pirate-like suit that allows him to slow down time and use a sword to break sturdy objects. These costumes can be taken to previously visited levels to reach secret areas.

New secret masks and treasures will be hidden throughout the game; the latter item, unlike its counterpart in previous installments, will be collectible only and will not be available to sell on the game's ThiefNet service (although the player will still receive an in-game monetary reward). The clue bottles from Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus and Sly 2: Band of Thieves will be making a return, allowing the player to unlock new abilities for all of the playable characters. A new feature will allow anyone who owns both the PlayStation Vita and PlayStation 3 versions of the game to use the Vita system as "a set of x-ray goggles" to find any of these hidden collectibles anywhere in the world, through the use of augmented reality.

more at: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sly_Cooper:_Thieves_in_Time

6347065464_9537723a5a_z.jpg

Its PACKED with collectables:

You will be able to collect tons of stuff!

Augmented Reality:

We are also showing off some unique cross-play features for Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time that will utilize both the PlayStation 3 and the PlayStaion Vita versions of the game. Weve already talked about the cross-save feature, which will use cloud saving to transfer your game from one device to the other. Here at Gamescom, were showcasing some pretty cool Augmented Reality features using the PS Vita system to help you collect some valuable items as you play through the PS3 version of the game.

While playing Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time on PS3, youll need to recruit an assistant in your quest for collectibles, armed with a PlayStation Vita and the PS Vita version of the game. Following true Sly tradition, Thieves in Time is absolutely packed with stuff for players to collect as they tear their way across space and time, from clue bottles to treasure challenges, Sly masks to costumes; but sometimes these items can be quite difficult to locate. You now have a secret weapon! Using the PS Vita system as a set of X-ray goggles, you can look into Slys universe to help track them down. Simply point the PS Vita at the TV screen and press the button to lock onto the image, and the X-ray overlay will pop up and highlight all of the hidden treasures in orange throughout the world. The PS Vita player simply taps on the front touch screen to display a pointer on the TV that will show you where to look for the hidden loot!

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time

You can also use Augmented Reality to help you collect ancient hidden art treasures as you play through the game. There are dozens of beautiful tapestries, paintings, mosaics and other ancient art works scattered through the game. You can use the camera on your PS Vita to snap photographs of these as a way to collect them and earn more money. Just point your PS Vita at the TV to aim, press the button to take the photo and bingo Sly collects the loot!

more at: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/08/15/sly-cooper-thieves-in-time-gamescom-trailer-cross-play-details/

Fee Roaming:

In respect to free-roaming, like its predecessors Sly 2: Band of Thieves and Sly 3: Honor Among Thieves, Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time boasts incredible free-roaming environments. Due to the large environments in this game, a compass has been added that follows the character right by their feet. Shown in the "It's Time to Be Sly" trailer, Bentley is shown to have two compasses, the reasoning not yet explained. Pressing the L3 button (back touch screen on the PlayStation Vita) will make it appear for a short while (as well as the markers from Sly 2 and 3). When activated, it will be surround the character's feet, pointing the player to the next mission, objective, or area of interest. It also works with the 3D environments, as it is able to point out whether the next objective is below or above you. Mat Kraemer, in an interview with the Second Funniest Podcast, has confirmed that the compass can be turned on and off, along with the radar.
Environments in Sly 4 are "twice as big" as the previous installments, mainly due to them having many layers. In the previous games, it was limited to the rooftop, or the ground. However, in this game, environments are supposedly more than that, having more tiers and levels to explore within the environment.

More at: http://slycooper.wikia.com/wiki/Sly_Cooper:_Thieves_in_Time

Few Pictures:

6346314819_19de088c89_z.jpg

sly-cooper-thieves-in-time-now-confirmed

Well thats it

CANT WAITTTTTTT!

sly.jpg

"I'll be out tomorrow"

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 DarkLink77
Member since 2004 • 32731 Posts

Budget pricing and a studio I've never heard of.

This is gonna end well.

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

ugh, bummer they are always pumping out new games for franchises i never cared about.

had this been a new jumping flash i would have cried with joy.

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 finalstar2007

This is gonna end well.

DarkLink77

It will end very well! cannot wait for amazon to ship my game!

you should give the demo a tryy..err ...never mind its Darklink.

Yangire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Yangire
Member since 2010 • 8795 Posts

Hoping for the best with the games sales, we need more 3D platformers.

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 DarkLink77

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"]

This is gonna end well.

finalstar2007

It will end very well! cannot wait for amazon to ship my game!

you should give the demo a tryy..err ...never mind its Darklink.

Never was a Sly fan. Sorry.
finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 finalstar2007

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"]

This is gonna end well.

Desmonic

Budget pricing is indeed strange, but the studio seems okay. They were the ones that did the Sly trilogy and they were the ones that went ahead and built a demo of how Sly could work on the PS3 and showed it to Sony. Had they not done that Sony wouldn't push for this game at all. So they do love the franchise, and hopefully, they treated it well! I have mine pre-ordered! :D But it only comes out in March in Europe -_- damn release date...

Wow everything comes out late in Europe i see.

I really love the new price for the game, will leave me something to save up for God of War next month.. god im going to be buying a game every month lol hate you sony

GamerwillzPS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 GamerwillzPS
Member since 2012 • 8531 Posts

Out tomorrow? Wat?

It's 29th March.

StaticOnTV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 StaticOnTV
Member since 2013 • 597 Posts
THIS IS THE LAST CHANCE, for the PS2 triple platforming champions to make a comeback this gen? With one Jak game on PSP with mixed reception, and a dying Ratchet and Clank pumping out many games trying to stay relevant while having large quality drops, this unkonwn budget studio is the last chance to get Sly back on the map, or it may be the end of the Big 3 platformers, that dominated last gen (and Blinx the cat but he had no other sequels after the second game.) Place your bets, will Sly hold off so that the other 2 can make a comeback next gen? Will the big 3 Platforming PS2 champions be relevant ever again? The Vita version will use the legendary innovative features, this game has a strong chance with sales.
Avatar image for deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
Member since 2007 • 22399 Posts
I really want to buy this game, and support the dev...but I just got Fire Emblem and have 12 other games on the go...not to mention just having finished Sly 3... Maybe in March, and I'll wait on God of War
finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 finalstar2007

Was interested for cross-buy and cheap price, but the demo turned me off.

It's just another Sly game instead of an evolution of the series.

Slashkice

Thats exactly what the fans wanted and what i wanted as a fan.. why change whats not broken? theyv added tons of other things to the game but the core gameplay is still as we remember from the PS2 days.

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 finalstar2007

Out tomorrow? Wat?

It's 29th March.

GamerwillzPS

Tomorrow in U.S and Canada

Blazerdt47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Blazerdt47
Member since 2004 • 5671 Posts

The demo was great and it's only $40 I think that's a good deal.

percech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 percech
Member since 2011 • 5237 Posts
The way I feel about this game is exactly how I feel about all PS3 exclusives...meh.
Cheleman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Cheleman
Member since 2012 • 8198 Posts
Damn! Tomorrow? I'll see if I can pre order it today.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
[QUOTE="Desmonic"][QUOTE="darkspineslayer"]I really want to buy this game, and support the dev...but I just got Fire Emblem and have 12 other games on the go...not to mention just having finished Sly 3... Maybe in March, and I'll wait on God of War

Y u no buy less!? XDD

I'm honestly making an effort. If I wasn't, I would already own/have preorders for MGR:R, Rayman, God of War, Sly 4, DMC, Pokemon X, and several others. My backloggery account is horrible.
Blazerdt47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Blazerdt47

The way I feel about this game is exactly how I feel about all PS3 exclusives...meh.percech

I've noticed your posts. You definitely hate PS3 exclusives and everything to do with Sony. Can I call you a lemming? Or am I mistaken?

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 DarkLink77

[QUOTE="percech"]The way I feel about this game is exactly how I feel about all PS3 exclusives...meh.Blazerdt47

I've noticed your posts. You definitely hate PS3 exclusives and everything to do with Sony. Can I call you a lemming? Or am I mistaken?

I'd call him a Hermit based on his sig.
crimsonman1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 crimsonman1245
Member since 2011 • 4253 Posts

Blazerdt47

Demo was really good.

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 finalstar2007

[QUOTE="Desmonic"][QUOTE="darkspineslayer"]I really want to buy this game, and support the dev...but I just got Fire Emblem and have 12 other games on the go...not to mention just having finished Sly 3... Maybe in March, and I'll wait on God of Wardarkspineslayer
Y u no buy less!? XDD

I'm honestly making an effort. If I wasn't, I would already own/have preorders for MGR:R, Rayman, God of War, Sly 4, DMC, Pokemon X, and several others. My backloggery account is horrible.

Dude i know how you feel, iv got a huge backlog as well.. maybe about 25 games that i havent even started playing yet lol.

Avatar image for Sir-I_exCalibur
Sir-I_exCalibur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Sir-I_exCalibur
Member since 2013 • 724 Posts
Excellent Thread. tumblr_mdndhtYRKH1rha254o1_r1_500.giftumblr_mens9si3m31qmzsn0o1_500.jpg
percech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 percech

[QUOTE="percech"]The way I feel about this game is exactly how I feel about all PS3 exclusives...meh.Blazerdt47

Labels...lol.
Blazerdt47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Blazerdt47

[QUOTE="Blazerdt47"]

crimsonman1245

Demo was really good.

I'd definitely say so. Just as good as the other Sly Cooper games. They did a great job.

JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#27 JigglyWiggly_
Member since 2009 • 24625 Posts
yup my delivery for it comes tomorrow aw yiss
finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 finalstar2007

[QUOTE="crimsonman1245"]

[QUOTE="Blazerdt47"]

Blazerdt47

Demo was really good.

I'd definitely say so. Just as good as the other Sly Cooper games. They did a great job.

The demo not only looked really good on my HDTV but also on the Vita.. i tried the demo twice one time on PS3 and one time on Vita.. got to say Vita really susprised me and showed how amazing games can look on that little system.

Blazerdt47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Blazerdt47

[QUOTE="Blazerdt47"]

[QUOTE="percech"]The way I feel about this game is exactly how I feel about all PS3 exclusives...meh.DarkLink77

Not sure what to think. I could copy and paste some random users PC rig specs from some forum as well for a cover up. :?

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 DarkLink77

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"][QUOTE="Blazerdt47"]

Blazerdt47

Not sure what to think. I could copy and paste some random users PC rig specs from some forum as well for a cover up. :?

Wait. Saw Godlo 4 is his sig. Obvious lemming. I like Halo and that game blows.
Blazerdt47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Blazerdt47

[QUOTE="Blazerdt47"]

[QUOTE="crimsonman1245"]

Demo was really good.

finalstar2007

The demo not only looked really good on my HDTV but also on the Vita.. i tried the demo twice one time on PS3 and one time on Vita.. got to say Vita really susprised me and showed how amazing games can look on that little system.

Vita is a powerful piece of hardware, just check out Killzone: Mercenary. Too bad Sony doesn't know wtf to do with it.

percech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 percech

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"][QUOTE="Blazerdt47"]

Blazerdt47

The specs are quite random if you really think I'm making it up. I built my pc 5 years ago and got my laptop couple of years. I can post pics if you'd like.

Ghost120x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#35 Ghost120x
Member since 2009 • 6058 Posts
I have to beat the collection I just bought first. The demo was really good but the game mechanics seem dated when comparing it to the games we have today. They should have had the demo set at a later level so I can really see what the game has to offer. The demo felt too straightforward but that is because this is probably the first level in the game.
finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 finalstar2007

[QUOTE="finalstar2007"]

[QUOTE="Blazerdt47"]

Blazerdt47

Vita is a powerful piece of hardware, just check out Killzone: Mercenary. Too bad Sony doesn't know wtf to do with it.

whats funny about Killzone vita is that its coming out same day as GTA5 lol.. why the terrible release date? i dont know but i agree its an amazing little device

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8

[QUOTE="darkspineslayer"][QUOTE="Desmonic"] Y u no buy less!? XDDfinalstar2007

Dude i know how you feel, iv got a huge backlog as well.. maybe about 25 games that i havent even started playing yet lol.

http://backloggery.com/darkspineslayer My name is DSS, and I have a problem...
Blazerdt47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Blazerdt47

[QUOTE="Blazerdt47"]

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"] I'd call him a Hermit based on his sig.percech

The specs are quite random if you really think I'm making it up. I build my pc 5 years ago and got my laptop couple of years. I can post pics if you'd like.

That's not the point dude. You constantly bash everything thread about Sony or PS3 exclusives without any logic or reasoning. It's hard not to call you a lemming. Then I look at your GODLO 4, and btw your my review link on your sig doesn't work.

Mrmedia01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Mrmedia01
Member since 2007 • 1917 Posts

I cant wait. The Demo was awesome. Fingers crossed that the game is at least 12 hours long. I am almost done with the Sly Collection also, so I will pick this up soon.

percech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 percech

[QUOTE="percech"][QUOTE="Blazerdt47"]

Blazerdt47

The specs are quite random if you really think I'm making it up. I build my pc 5 years ago and got my laptop couple of years. I can post pics if you'd like.

That's not the point dude. You constantly bash everything thread about Sony or PS3 exclusives without any logic or reasoning. It's hard not to call you a lemming. Then I look at your GODLO 4, and btw your my review link on your sig doesn't work.

Yeah I deleted it in my blog. I'm not trying convince anyone that I don't usually side with MS. Honestly, if Sony had Halo I would be on their side. I'm more of a Halo fanboy than a MS fanboy but I guess in the process it's made me uninterested and unimpressed in many things Sony does. Oh and if I was lying in my sig, don't you think I would list better specs? My pc is now considered in the low-end range.
finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#41 finalfantasy94
Member since 2004 • 27442 Posts

he sure does come off as one.

layton2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 layton2012
Member since 2011 • 3489 Posts
I would have been worried, but the demo felt like the Sly, I know and love, so I'm confidant I will love the game, though the fact that reviews are being embargoed until tomorrow is a bit worrisome. I'm happy for the price drop, with Sly and Fire Emblem it was a hectic week, can't wait until tomorrow, though I won't be playing it until after classes.
layton2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 layton2012
I have to beat the collection I just bought first. The demo was really good but the game mechanics seem dated when comparing it to the games we have today. They should have had the demo set at a later level so I can really see what the game has to offer. The demo felt too straightforward but that is because this is probably the first level in the game.Ghost120x
The rest of the game will be more open world, the first level of every sly game is very straightforward and linear.
-Patrick_92-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 -Patrick_92-
Member since 2008 • 2168 Posts

We are keeping the marketing strategy of Sly 4 in theme with the game by trying to stealthily release the game without anyone noticing

CEO Kaz Hirai (@KazHiraiCEO) February 4, 2013
:lol:
*edit* Can't figure out how to display the Tweet here.
Blake135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Blake135
Member since 2008 • 3994 Posts

Not out for another month for the EU thanks Sony =/ After being burned on Uncharted/Gravity im reluctant to buy just SP Games for the Vita might see what reviews give it first.

Blazerdt47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Blazerdt47

We are keeping the marketing strategy of Sly 4 in theme with the game by trying to stealthily release the game without anyone noticing

-Patrick_92-

Haha Kaz. :lol:

hexashadow13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 hexashadow13
Member since 2010 • 5157 Posts
This game looks really good. My hype is AA, but as long as it doesn't do horribly in reviews I'll buy it.
layton2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 layton2012

-Patrick_92-
Sad but so true, even if GS, there seems to be no hype for this game, that until this thread one day before the game releases.
Blazerdt47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Blazerdt47

[QUOTE="Blazerdt47"]

[QUOTE="percech"] The specs are quite random if you really think I'm making it up. I build my pc 5 years ago and got my laptop couple of years. I can post pics if you'd like.percech

Yeah I deleted it in my blog. I'm not trying convince anyone that I don't usually side with MS. Honestly, if Sony had Halo I would be on their side. I'm more of a Halo fanboy than a MS fanboy but I guess in the process it's made me uninterested and unimpressed in many things Sony does. Oh and if I was lying in my sig, don't you think I would list better specs? My pc is now considered in the low-end range.

That's all I needed to see.

Mrmedia01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Mrmedia01
Member since 2007 • 1917 Posts

Any Reviews Yet? Everyone keep your eyes pealed.