Official Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time Thread! GS A..IGN AA

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for Sir-I_exCalibur
Sir-I_exCalibur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151 Sir-I_exCalibur
Member since 2013 • 724 Posts

[QUOTE="ispeakfactOwns"] Don't hand the game off to the plenty of Xboty hacks on this site. Before this year began I predicted the reviewers would be lowballing PS3 E's to try and "balance" the lack of 360 titles but Kevin is the beacon of light to give these games the score they deserve. StrongDeadlift

Or, you know....the games werent that good? :? He's had some wildcards (Infamous 2, Skyward Sword), but really? An Xbox conspiracy? Why are cows always fighting against these nonexistant adversaries to the PS3, who they try to turn everybody into ? :?

Yea these games all sucked and Halo ODST was the pinnacle of gaming scoring a 9.0/10 by Mcshea himself. Yea, Right.
StrongDeadlift

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153 StrongDeadlift
Member since 2010 • 6073 Posts

[QUOTE="StrongDeadlift"]

[QUOTE="ispeakfactOwns"] Don't hand the game off to the plenty of Xboty hacks on this site. Before this year began I predicted the reviewers would be lowballing PS3 E's to try and "balance" the lack of 360 titles but Kevin is the beacon of light to give these games the score they deserve. finalstar2007

Or, you know....the games werent that good? :? He's had some wildcards (Infamous 2, Skyward Sword), but really? An Xbox conspiracy? Why are cows always fighting against these nonexistant adversaries to the PS3, who they try to turn everybody into ? :?

Its not about being a cow or a sheep.. most people are annoyed by the reviewer due to how stupid his reviews are, he always complains of how some games ae too hard for him even though they arent like ( infamous 2 and skyward sword, he didnt even use the controller correctly ) and he always complains about how some games are too easy like Sly.. what does he want exactly? not to mention he didnt even count it as a $40 game but as a $60 game as someone else mentioned.

i think thats why most people argue when Tom is the reviewer

Yea, I wont deny hes committed some f*ckery, (that was criminal what he did to Infamous 2), but my post was aimed at Ispeak, and his angle of Tom Mcshea being an Xbox fanboy, and needing to "balance out" the exclusives as an excuse for why PS3 has so many flops.

Mcsh8.5 has sh*t on everybody before.  Not just Cows.  That was my point mentioning Zelda.  

StaticOnTV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154 StaticOnTV
Member since 2013 • 597 Posts
[QUOTE="StaticOnTV"][QUOTE="Mrmedia01"]

The new Sly is awesome. Don't dog it. SanZaru did a good job. They kept it the same with graphical improvements and made it fun. Sure it wont be the biggest seller. This is a gift for long time fans though, and for anyone who loves platformers.

Desmonic
A gift to long time fans? Screwing the plot and ending of the last game. Using a slower and clunkier engine, with less variety, and a more linear adventure of the last 2? No advertising what so ever? Rumored DLC, which removes content already from the lack of content in this game, which each sly is known for. Limited moves. and much more. It is a disgrace to Sly copper fans other then finally getting another game. But more like what Duke Nukem fans got or GT5 fans got lol.

Wut?... Care to prove any of that oh marvelous alt?

How am I an alt? Also why don;t you actually look at the game like I did lol. Trying to defend the game you don't even have. I actually play the games I hate on thanks.
RyanShazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 RyanShazam
Member since 2006 • 6498 Posts
Tom McSh1tty should stop writing reviews. He is incredibly inconsistent.
StrongDeadlift

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157 StrongDeadlift
Member since 2010 • 6073 Posts

Adam Sessler gives the game a 2/5.  Damn.  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6IXp8TBrf38

I actually enjoyed the  demo (Though I do thin the platforming was alittle clumsy and could have been tighter).  I didnt expect Sessler to give this game such a low score.  He seems like this is the kind of game he would like.  

EPaul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 EPaul
Member since 2006 • 9917 Posts

I knew it would get a 7.5  but i didnt it would get McShea'd lol

CanYouDiglt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 CanYouDiglt
Member since 2009 • 8474 Posts
So let me guess cows are acting like McShea is the antichrist for giving the game 7.5 even though the average score on MC is 7.7
StaticOnTV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 StaticOnTV
[QUOTE="Desmonic"][QUOTE="StaticOnTV"][QUOTE="Desmonic"] Wut?... Care to prove any of that oh marvelous alt?

How am I an alt? Also why don;t you actually look at the game like I did lol. Trying to defend the game you don't even have. I actually play the games I hate on thanks.

You really? You've played it? And you've beat it? Oh do tell, do tell!

Uh, spoilers are against forum rules.
StaticOnTV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 StaticOnTV
[QUOTE="StaticOnTV"][QUOTE="Desmonic"][QUOTE="StaticOnTV"] How am I an alt? Also why don;t you actually look at the game like I did lol. Trying to defend the game you don't even have. I actually play the games I hate on thanks.

You really? You've played it? And you've beat it? Oh do tell, do tell!

Or that's what it says in the terms of use.
finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#163 finalfantasy94
Member since 2004 • 27442 Posts

Adam Sessler gives the game a 2/5.  Damn.  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6IXp8TBrf38

I actually enjoyed the  demo (Though I do thin the platforming was alittle clumsy and could have been tighter).  I didnt expect Sessler to give this game such a low score.  He seems like this is the kind of game he would like.  

StrongDeadlift

wow he seems to hate the game. Im guessing he wanted more of a evolution of the whole series then teh same thing. 

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#166 DarkLink77
Member since 2004 • 32731 Posts

Tom "7.5" McShea strikes again.

Guess it's a good thing this one didn't have any hype.

Avatar image for Sir-I_exCalibur
Sir-I_exCalibur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 Sir-I_exCalibur
Member since 2013 • 724 Posts
Game got Mcshead guys lets keep our heads up and keep moving forward.
StaticOnTV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 StaticOnTV
[QUOTE="Desmonic"][QUOTE="StaticOnTV"][QUOTE="Desmonic"] You really? You've played it? And you've beat it? Oh do tell, do tell!

Spoiler tags existe for that reason. Come on do tell! I'm curious as to how you beat it by only looking at it like your post claims! :lol:

Same post says I played it as well, so i can tell you are trying to troll me into trouble.
StaticOnTV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 StaticOnTV

DarkLink77
7.5 is as low most people will go in the industry now so that score imo is too high. We need to establish that 5's and 6's can be good games again. Hasn't been that way since 5th gen.
DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 DarkLink77
[QUOTE="DarkLink77"]

StaticOnTV
7.5 is as low most people will go in the industry now so that score imo is too high. We need to establish that 5's and 6's can be good games again. Hasn't been that way since 5th gen.

I don't disagree, but I can't comment on this game as I have not played it.
StaticOnTV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 StaticOnTV
[QUOTE="Desmonic"][QUOTE="StaticOnTV"][QUOTE="Desmonic"] Spoiler tags existe for that reason. Come on do tell! I'm curious as to how you beat it by only looking at it like your post claims! :lol:

Same post says I played it as well, so i can tell you are trying to troll me into trouble.

No, same posts says you looked at it and only then that you beat it (even though it came out today). So yeah... :lol: Not to mention that you only said crap in your first post, but still :lol:

The same posts clearly says I played it, learn to read. I was telling also you to look at it as well obviously since that alone will prove some of my points valid. Also uh, yes I beat it..... Also how dare I am able to play the game before ONE DAY like thousands of others (legally) OH NOEZ. Again, just trying to get me a violation. You can trick me into pretending you can't read.
CanYouDiglt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 CanYouDiglt
Member since 2009 • 8474 Posts

McShea scored the game 7.5 when the MC score is 77 he is just so mean.

Seriously cows are such dramaqueens. Face the facts the opinion from critics is the game is just a A game.

Giancar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 Giancar
Member since 2006 • 19159 Posts

DarkLink77
It's not the game per se. It's the genre. Platformers these times have barely any hype if you aren't Mario :(
Avatar image for deactivated-5afcc99c5544f
deactivated-5afcc99c5544f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 deactivated-5afcc99c5544f
Member since 2012 • 1917 Posts

Game has a 76 on metacritic. 

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 DarkLink77
[QUOTE="DarkLink77"]

Giancar
It's not the game per se. It's the genre. Platformers these times have barely any hype if you aren't Mario :(

Platformers these days also (generally) aren't very good unless they're Mario. True story. Though watching Nintendo continually clown the rest of the industry is kinda funny.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 deactivated-5afcc99c5544f

Game is average... Bring on the next 3D Mario for Wii U. 

finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 finalfantasy94

[QUOTE="finalfantasy94"]

wow he seems to hate the game. Im guessing he wanted more of a evolution of the whole series then teh same thing. 

Slashkice

Looking at the other reviews, seems they're split in the same manner. One half is going "Yay, more Sly~!" while the other half is just "oh, more Sly".

In a way, both sides are right.

sure seems this way. I would of been fine with ether direction. I love all the sly games and dont mind more with new locations and story and powers.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181 deactivated-5afcc99c5544f
[QUOTE="Giancar"][QUOTE="DarkLink77"]

DarkLink77

Platformers these days also (generally) aren't very good unless they're Mario. True story. Though watching Nintendo continually clown the rest of the industry is kinda funny.

Rayman Legends looks very good. Trine 2 and New Super Mario Bros U were also great.
finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 finalfantasy94

[QUOTE="Giancar"][QUOTE="DarkLink77"]

DarkLink77

Which is funny since i personally found galaxy a Giant sleeping pill. Im having a good time with rayman and about to plat it and just found the game much more enjoyable then a mario game. Same goes for genirations.

StaticOnTV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183 StaticOnTV

[QUOTE="StaticOnTV"][QUOTE="Desmonic"] No, same posts says you looked at it and only then that you beat it (even though it came out today). So yeah... :lol: Not to mention that you only said crap in your first post, but still :lol: Desmonic

The same posts clearly says I played it, learn to read. I was telling also you to look at it as well obviously since that alone will prove some of my points valid. Also uh, yes I beat it..... Also how dare I am able to play the game before ONE DAY like thousands of others (legally) OH NOEZ. Again, just trying to get me a violation. You can trick me into pretending you can't read.

Yeah "oh more linear game" when every game preview and even this review said the worlds are bigger and there is a HUGE emphasis in free world exploration :lol:

"Oh Rumored DLC, which removes content already from the lack of content in this game, which each sly is known for" <-- This doesn't even make sense as a phrase. 

"Oh look at it like I did but I beat it too!"  Yeah right :lol: 

Proof or it didn't happen brah. Go play with your "dual gpu" WiiU! :lol:

Also:

[spoiler] These exist for a reason idiot.  Just do this [spoiler*]..text..[/spoiler*] without both *'s ... [/spoiler]

How does one prove that they beat the game? Exactly. Not only that, you never did look at any footage until now huh? Also, the game is much more linear, if you can't get to much of what you see on screen that you SHOULD, it does not somehow mean that the worlds are bigger should be taken seriously. But maybe you should look or rent the game and find out yourself. Also dual gpu was debunked yesterday and nintendo lied about the gamepad holding data. You are slow and on a roll of being stupid today!!!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184 deactivated-5afcc99c5544f

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"][QUOTE="Giancar"] It's not the game per se. It's the genre. Platformers these times have barely any hype if you aren't Mario :(finalfantasy94

Which is funny since i personally found galaxy a Giant sleeping pill. Im having a good time with rayman and about to plat it and just found the game much more enjoyable then a mario game. Same goes for genirations.

I thought Ratchet and Clank was a bigger sleeping pill.
jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#185 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts
Tom McSh1tty should stop writing reviews. He is incredibly inconsistent.RyanShazam
based on what?
DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186 DarkLink77
[QUOTE="Desmonic"][QUOTE="DarkLink77"][QUOTE="Giancar"] It's not the game per se. It's the genre. Platformers these times have barely any hype if you aren't Mario :(

I hear Rayman is pretty great... haven't played it soo.. Generations was also pretty cool. Hmmm.. but yeah, besides Mario there are few big, known platformers and even less that are good/great. Won't really talk about this one since I haven't played it yet (and also I would enjoy it even if it was horrible :P Downside of being a big fan of any series hehe)..

Generations was legit and Rayman is apparently very good. Beyond that, I dunno.
finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187 finalfantasy94

Seriously cows are such dramaqueens. Face the facts the opinion from critics is the game is just a A game.

CanYouDiglt

would be fact if all scores scored sevens but this aint the case here. Also people really need to stop using meticritc. I truly hate how that place works. Averging scores is just retarted and teh site should just be used as a place to round up reviews. Hell joystiq does a better job then meticritc.

Cherokee_Jack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

#188 Cherokee_Jack
Member since 2008 • 32198 Posts

I know it's not cracking 7.5

Cherokee_Jack

ryan-pointing-the-office.gif

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#193 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

Getting my copy tomorrow.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#194 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"][QUOTE="Desmonic"] I hear Rayman is pretty great... haven't played it soo.. Generations was also pretty cool. Hmmm.. but yeah, besides Mario there are few big, known platformers and even less that are good/great. Won't really talk about this one since I haven't played it yet (and also I would enjoy it even if it was horrible :P Downside of being a big fan of any series hehe)..Desmonic
Generations was legit and Rayman is apparently very good. Beyond that, I dunno.

Last gen was the last great gen of the platformers I'd say.. not in terms of quality ones (there's always Mario and a couple more per gen) but in terms of quantity and notoriety.

Maybe on the mainstream side, but the indie platformers are carrying a lot of the weight.

Super Meat Boy is superb, VVVVV is pretty good, Limbo was solid, Trine 2 isn't too shabby, Trials Evolution(on top of never being looked as a platformer) is neat.

Plus we had the 2D platformer return in a big way this gen with the likes of Rayman Origins, Kirby's Epic Yarn, and Donkey Kong Country Returns on the consoles.

While I enjoyed Up Your Arsenal and Jak and Daxter 1 as some damn good platformers in their own right I'd say it's not that severe of a drop off in the genre. I mean one of those franchises just got super f*cking stale, and the only big IP from last gen that looks like it dropped in quality is Prince of Persia. Which went from the excellent Sands of Time to ...Prince of Persia: Forgotten Sands.

Either way I'd argue that this gens platformers were much better than last gens even if largely the shift has gone from 3D to 2D ones.

speedfog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#195 speedfog
Member since 2009 • 4966 Posts

Poor cows hating on Tom. He is a good reviewer. Meta is about the same score...

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#196 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts
"Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time is a lengthy and exciting caper through the eyes of good-natured burglars." And people are crying about this review.
Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#198 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

Poor cows hating on Tom. He is a good reviewer. Meta is about the same score...

speedfog

He's an average-at-best reviewer and a terrible article writer.

GamingGod999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199 GamingGod999
Member since 2011 • 3135 Posts

Game is good.

Samus3D

Fixed.