Official Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time Thread! GS A..IGN AA

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#51 Posted by Harisemo (4133 posts) -

Since I'm in UK and Sly 4 release was almost 2 months away I decided to import my copy from videogamesplus.ca and was quite surprised to see my copy delivered today so if you can't wait I would defo recommend importing from them.

I just completed the first episode of the game and so far it's great but there are some disappointments eg Murray sections are boring, Slys movement doesn't feel as light and responsive as before and there is too much hand holding like indicator constantly popping up to show you the way to next objectives etc but overall it's great and the graphics are simply beautiful.

#52 Posted by Cherokee_Jack (32198 posts) -

I'm afraid to bet on this one because I know it's not cracking 7.5, but from there downwards it's anyone's guess.

#53 Posted by finalstar2007 (25995 posts) -

We are keeping the marketing strategy of Sly 4 in theme with the game by trying to stealthily release the game without anyone noticing

CEO Kaz Hirai (@KazHiraiCEO) February 4, 2013
:lol:
*edit* Can't figure out how to display the Tweet here.

-Patrick_92-

Pretty positive thats a fake account and not the CEO's

#54 Posted by Cherokee_Jack (32198 posts) -

[QUOTE="-Patrick_92-"]

We are keeping the marketing strategy of Sly 4 in theme with the game by trying to stealthily release the game without anyone noticing

finalstar2007

No sh!t, it's still funny.
#55 Posted by Slashkice (13645 posts) -

finalstar2007

It's a parody account. Still funny though.

#56 Posted by finalstar2007 (25995 posts) -

[QUOTE="-Patrick_92-"]

layton2012

Sad but so true, even if GS, there seems to be no hype for this game, that until this thread one day before the game releases.

Was trying to make it few weeks before release but i got distracted by other games and Ni No Kuni that i remembered to make it today lol

#57 Posted by -Patrick_92- (2168 posts) -

[QUOTE="-Patrick_92-"]

finalstar2007

I know it's fake, it's still funny though.
#58 Posted by layton2012 (3489 posts) -

[QUOTE="layton2012"][QUOTE="-Patrick_92-"]

finalstar2007

Sad but so true, even if GS, there seems to be no hype for this game, that until this thread one day before the game releases.

Was trying to make it few weeks before release but i got distracted by other games and Ni No Kuni that i remembered to make it today lol

Yeah, I figured you would make it eventually, if you hadn't posted this now, I was thinking of making a thread about it. Can't wait to play this tomorrow, will have to put Fire Emblem in the backlog.
#59 Posted by Ratchet_Fan8 (5550 posts) -
Demo was abit weak,it was missing something....
#60 Posted by finalstar2007 (25995 posts) -

Demo was abit weak,it was missing something....Ratchet_Fan8

Like what? :o

#61 Posted by McStrongfast (4281 posts) -
How in the heck do I hear of this being released tomorrow first today?
#62 Posted by TheEpicGoat (2006 posts) -

Sly from a developer who has made no good games?

This should be good.

#63 Posted by Lionheart08 (15627 posts) -

The lack of buzz around this is kind of bad.

#64 Posted by layton2012 (3489 posts) -
It's depressing to me, knowing this game will most likely do bad commercially, and we won't know until reviews come out if it is deserving of failure. Man, I hope it's good.
#65 Posted by layton2012 (3489 posts) -
Game informer gave Sly a 9/10, reassuring but then again it's game informer..
#66 Posted by finalstar2007 (25995 posts) -

Game informer gave Sly a 9/10, reassuring but then again it's game informer..layton2012

Yup they just gave it a 9/10

#67 Posted by TwistedShade (3138 posts) -

Hopefully it sells well....Sony has a horrible marketing team and word of mouth will probably be sparse, would be a shame to since the game looks pretty good.

#68 Posted by layton2012 (3489 posts) -

Hopefully it sells well....Sony has a horrible marketing team and word of mouth will probably be sparse, would be a shame to since the game looks pretty good.

TwistedShade
Yes, I think it will do fairly decent critically 7-9/10 reviews, but they real concern is it selling, I have seen 0 marketing, not even any banner ads on sites, I hope it does well because rumor is it has a cliffhanger ending, so I think Sanzaru is hoping to make Sly 5.
#69 Posted by finalstar2007 (25995 posts) -

[QUOTE="TwistedShade"]

layton2012

Yes, I think it will do fairly decent critically 7-9/10 reviews, but they real concern is it selling, I have seen 0 marketing, not even any banner ads on sites, I hope it does well because rumor is it has a cliffhanger ending, so I think Sanzaru is hoping to make Sly 5.

They didnt even talk about it in the Official Playstation Blog -_-

#70 Posted by hexashadow13 (5157 posts) -
With embargoed stuff do Gamespot post reviews at about midnight? Not sure if I should wait for it or go to bed.
#71 Posted by Slashkice (13645 posts) -

With embargoed stuff do Gamespot post reviews at about midnight? Not sure if I should wait for it or go to bed. hexashadow13

The only time GS is right on the dot like that is if the game is huge. That doesn't apply to Sly, so just go to bed if you're tired.

#72 Posted by hexashadow13 (5157 posts) -

[QUOTE="hexashadow13"]With embargoed stuff do Gamespot post reviews at about midnight? Not sure if I should wait for it or go to bed. Slashkice

The only time GS is right on the dot like that is if the game is huge. That doesn't apply to Sly, so just go to bed if you're tired.

k. Thanks for the info. G'night.
#73 Posted by LittleMac19 (1638 posts) -
Sucker Punch is making this correct? Then I'm interested! Loved Infamous and still need to get around to playing Infamous 2.
#74 Posted by Slashkice (13645 posts) -

Sucker Punch is making this correct? Then I'm interested! Loved Infamous and still need to get around to playing Infamous 2.LittleMac19

Sanzaru Games are the devs behind Sly 4. Sucker Punch isn't involved outside of voicing their approval.

#75 Posted by finalstar2007 (25995 posts) -

Sucker Punch is making this correct? Then I'm interested! Loved Infamous and still need to get around to playing Infamous 2.LittleMac19

Nope, Sucker Punch probably working on a PS4 game by now.. Sly 4 is made by Sanzaru Games as Slashkice as mentioned earlier. Sanzaru Games were the devs that brought us Sly collection to the PS3 and by playing the demo for Sly 4 i got to say they have done a great job with it.

#76 Posted by layton2012 (3489 posts) -

[QUOTE="layton2012"][QUOTE="TwistedShade"]

finalstar2007

They didnt even talk about it in the Official Playstation Blog -_-

I honestly believe this games potential commercial failure will rest with Sony( maybe Sanzaru?) because if lack of marketing, even PSASBR had decent marketing, this game marketing is practically nonexistent.
#77 Posted by Sir-I_exCalibur (724 posts) -

Game Informer gave it a 9/10?

Wow, this could possibly be 9.5 or 10 on GS...

Regardless, AAAE at least confirmed.

#78 Posted by OldSnake-PS3 (159 posts) -
once i get some money im getting this!!!! good to see a platformer these days
#79 Posted by DerekLoffin (8808 posts) -
Game informer gave Sly a 9/10, reassuring but then again it's game informer..layton2012
Sweet, I'm calling 6.5 on GS.
#81 Posted by Cheleman (7865 posts) -
Dem AAAEs just keep on coming:cool:
#83 Posted by timmy00 (15360 posts) -

I want the game but I won't really have the money to afford it till like May. :/

#84 Posted by campzor (34932 posts) -
wheres the GI review?
#85 Posted by finalstar2007 (25995 posts) -

wheres the GI review?campzor

http://gamingeverything.com/39185/game-informer-review-scores-march-2013-dead-space-3-nearly-perfect-sly-cooper/

#86 Posted by PhazonBlazer (11994 posts) -

Still saying AAE here, never played a Sly game but this might be my first.

#87 Posted by campzor (34932 posts) -

[QUOTE="campzor"]wheres the GI review?finalstar2007

http://gamingeverything.com/39185/game-informer-review-scores-march-2013-dead-space-3-nearly-perfect-sly-cooper/

awesome.
#88 Posted by layton2012 (3489 posts) -
Received a B+ from gamingage(never heard if them before) and 6.5 from playstation lifestyle, so I'm guessing a 6.5-7.5 on GS.
#89 Posted by Heil68 (47238 posts) -
Received a B+ from gamingage(never heard if them before) and 6.5 from playstation lifestyle, so I'm guessing a 6.5-7.5 on GS.layton2012
Was just going to post that.
#90 Posted by hexashadow13 (5157 posts) -
Received a B+ from gamingage(never heard if them before) and 6.5 from playstation lifestyle, so I'm guessing a 6.5-7.5 on GS.layton2012
So I can't find the sly review on playstion lifestyle's site and when I found it through Google it goes to a 404. http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2013/02/05/sly-cooper-thieves-in-time-review-ps3/ O.o
#92 Posted by layton2012 (3489 posts) -
[QUOTE="layton2012"]Received a B+ from gamingage(never heard if them before) and 6.5 from playstation lifestyle, so I'm guessing a 6.5-7.5 on GS.hexashadow13
So I can't find the sly review on playstion lifestyle's site and when I found it through Google it goes to a 404. http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2013/02/05/sly-cooper-thieves-in-time-review-ps3/ O.o

Neither could I, got the score from metacritic, dies anyone know how credible Playstation lifestyle is?
#94 Posted by Chozofication (4017 posts) -

This game looks awesome.  For $40?  Are you kidding me?  This game better sell.

#95 Posted by Malta_1980 (11570 posts) -

Dont know why, but am more interested in playing the game on PSV rather than PS3..

#96 Posted by OneInchMan99 (1248 posts) -

Can't wait to play this.Will be lucky to get above a 7 here though.

#97 Posted by Stevo_the_gamer (43243 posts) -
Forgot this game even came out today.
#98 Posted by Stevo_the_gamer (43243 posts) -

Can't wait to play this.Will be lucky to get above a 7 here though.

OneInchMan99
Hope it gets 7-7.5, hate to lose my SW bet. :P
#99 Posted by Shirokishi_ (11206 posts) -

Dem AAAEs just keep on coming:cool:Cheleman

Not exclusive.

#100 Posted by platniumgamer (3960 posts) -

Review