User Lists: 0

#351  Edited By kinectthedots
Member since 2013 • 3383 Posts

@GoldenElementXL said:

@kinectthedots said:

@GoldenElementXL said:

@Desmonic said:

@GoldenElementXL: You're still wrong brah :P

About what? BF Hardline sold over 400K on the PS4 and a little more than that on XBone.

I was also correct about the PS4>Xbox One spread.

if your prediction was strickly NDP numbers you may have a point, but if you were talking actual numbers you may be wrong since Sony announced Bloodborne sold a million on their digital store

Yeah I think I am going to hold off until some concrete numbers are released. Over at Gaf the math wizards have calculated the BB numbers only add up to about 800K worldwide. We have to let the dust settle from all the PR babble to get the real figures.

But this is a NPD thread so my prediction was NPD based. At least that's my story because it makes it look like I'm right :p

haha, always a good stance to take I say, the one that makes you look right! :D

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#352  Edited By kinectthedots

@Gue1 said:

Xbone is a piece of shit, why is it selling so well?

Package deals at fire sale prices of 349 + $60 game for free. Sometimes you can catch the xbox at wii U price. As unattractive is xbone is in comparison to PS4, if I didn't own anything, even I would buy a xbox1 over a wii U if the same price.

Xbone would be dust if it was still selling for the same price as PS4 with no free games

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#353 Salt_The_Fries
Member since 2008 • 12480 Posts
@kinectthedots said:

@Gue1 said:

Package deals at fire sale prices of 349 + $60 game for free. Sometimes you can catch the xbox at wii U price. As unattractive is xbone is in comparison to PS4, if I didn't own anything, even I would buy a xbox1 over a wii U if the same price.

Xbone would be dust if it was still selling for the same price as PS4 with no free games

Phantom Dust.

Catalli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#354 Catalli  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 3453 Posts
@FoxbatAlpha said:

Did I win anything?

What was your prediction for March?

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#355  Edited By finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts

Like any other month congrats to the superior console this generation the PS4 and to Sony.

congrats to bloodborne for dominating

congrats to failbox One for being the... Last place as always lol

MlauTheDaft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#356 MlauTheDaft
Member since 2011 • 5189 Posts

I've watched the first 20 episodes of Fist of the North Star over the last 3 days. Do you people understand what that does to a man?

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#357  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

@Salt_The_Fries said:
@kinectthedots said:

@Gue1 said:

Phantom Dust.

That budget remake game the developer just got canned and closed down is a selling point?

I'm the biggest original Phantom Dust fan in SW, but I just don't see it.

Maybe a sequel to From Dust or Dust: An Elysian Tail though.

Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#358 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts
@finalstar2007 said:

Like any other month congrats to the superior console this generation the PS4 and to Sony.

Errr I think you're confused what last is ...

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#359 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@blue_hazy_basic said:
@finalstar2007 said:

...well he is congratulating inanimate objects so he may be confused on a number of things

Avatar image for Douevenlift_bro
Douevenlift_bro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#360 Douevenlift_bro
Member since 2013 • 6804 Posts

@Heil68 said:

@Douevenlift_bro said:

WOW! 100K difference??? damn son

The #SDC is real my friend.

It is :O !!!!

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#361 finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts

@lostrib said:

@blue_hazy_basic said:
@finalstar2007 said:

...well he is congratulating inanimate objects so he may be confused on a number of things

Wouldnt that make EVERYONE in SW confused then?

i thought the purpose of this forum is to to talk about these inanimate objects.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#362 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20104 Posts

@lglz1337 said:

@FastRobby: battlefront will eat all the hype away from halo mark my words.

star wars is hugee!!

MS should really delay their only gold

Has it ever hyped more than Halo. I've never played any of the Star Wars games...

Desmonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#363 Desmonic  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 19990 Posts

@GoldenElementXL: Nuh-uh! Because arbitrary reasons! :P

Also, i was joking XD

Avatar image for chikenfriedrice
chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#364 chikenfriedrice
Member since 2006 • 13561 Posts

@Gue1 said:

Because it's not a piece of shit

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#365 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56095 Posts

@Heil68 said:

@Sagemode87 said:

I thought the only reason PS4 was ahead was price. Looks like that excuse is out of the window.

Yup, the PS4 killing sales is the real deal guys.

Well let's not forget that MS left a bad taste on everyone's mouth with that bullshit DRM Policies and that $500 is way too much for a gaming console. Go figure.

Kashiwaba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#366  Edited By Kashiwaba
Member since 2005 • 8059 Posts

@davillain-: I don't even think thats the main problem PS brand name is way more known than Xbox the only reason they were neck to neck last gen was because SONY launched ps3 one year after 360 and it was way more expensive (so basically it was a more expensive system with less support vs a cheaper more established system).

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#367  Edited By kinectthedots

@SolidTy said:

@Salt_The_Fries said:
@kinectthedots said:

@Gue1 said:

Phantom Dust.

That budget remake game the developer just got canned and closed down is a selling point?

I'm the biggest original Phantom Dust fan in SW...snip

lol, I hate to do this to you solid but..

@kinectthedots said:

I think Salty was just using "phantom" Dust as a pun on my statement here for luz and nothing more. The fact that he listed Phantom Dust and nothing more means you made a big assumption lol so you kinda went full retard with that response.

Lionheart08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#368 Lionheart08
Member since 2005 • 15814 Posts

@santoron said:

Well. For a sales thread with almost no surprises to people not hallucinating, that was an entertaining read.

So what does SW think MS does now? It's obvious they aren't going to stop the bleeding at $349, so do they cut again or do they make do? Do you think the price cut (once not a "special limited offer") is having much effect?

Honestly, just keep doing what they're doing. It's been out for around a year and a half and it's already been marked down $150, so I don't expect Microsoft to do another price drop anytime soon.

Ignoring all the System Wars BS, the Xbone is doing just fine. I do expect to see more of their "Time Exclusive" Strategy.

santoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#369 santoron
Member since 2006 • 8584 Posts

@Lionheart08 said:

Honestly, just keep doing what they're doing. It's been out for around a year and a half and it's already been marked down $150, so I don't expect Microsoft to do another price drop anytime soon.

Ignoring all the System Wars BS, the Xbone is doing just fine. I do expect to see more of their "Time Exclusive" Strategy.

Seems like a solid plan. Honestly I wouldn't think further cuts or other measures were even in the realm of possiblity, but MS has made deep cuts already, especially in NA, which tells me They aren't pleased with how its doing so far.

-CC-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#370  Edited By -CC-
Member since 2006 • 2048 Posts

@blue_hazy_basic said:
@finalstar2007 said:

Pretty sure he was saying last place in current gen. Or do you count WiiU as current?

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#371  Edited By blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

@Animal-Mother said:

I guess sony will win again....BB, the show. yada yada

Again? They lost last gen. Sales are going to be low for the next 4 months.

arkephonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#372 arkephonic
Member since 2006 • 7221 Posts

Is VGChartz run by an Xbox fanboy or something? Every week/month it has PS4 vastly outselling Xbox One, but then at the very top of the site where it shows the graphs, it always shows Xbone closing the gap more and more. How is that even possible?

arkephonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#373 arkephonic
Member since 2006 • 7221 Posts

Is NPD USA only or is this worldwide sales? If it's only USA sales, where can we see worldwide sales?

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#374  Edited By super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

I saw numbers related to the NPD on GAF indicating that both the PS4 and xbox one are in decline(-4% for the PS4 and -7% for the xbox one) for the first 3 months of this year compared to last year while the WiiU is up 20% in the same time period. These stats aren't worrying for either console yet anyway, but if the pattern continues they may become worrying.

Desmonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#375  Edited By Desmonic  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 19990 Posts

@super600:

The PS4 did slow down a bit (it's no Wii phenom after all) but it was expected. The worrying part is the XB1 selling less while also costing much less than 1 year ago. That brings down overall revenue and sales.

The WiiU is showing that it could have clearly done much better if Ninty knew what to do with it from day 1. It's been consistently selling more than the previous years (sill overall low numbers versus the other 2, but a constant increase still).

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#376 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

Man, I love being right.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#377 Shewgenja

@super600 said:

I saw numbers related to the NPD on GAF indicating that both the PS4 and xbox one are in decline(-4% for the PS4 and -7% for the xbox one) for the first 3 months of this year compared to last year while the WiiU is up 20% in the same time period. These stats aren't worrying for either console yet anyway, but if the pattern continues they may become worrying.

Nothing that a price drop/slim model won't fix for the PS4. It's had a good run at $400 but there will likely be some kind of change announced at E3. That and a lot of new game announcements.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#378 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@blackace said:

@Animal-Mother said:

MS loss to.

@arkephonic said:

Is VGChartz run by an Xbox fanboy or something? Every week/month it has PS4 vastly outselling Xbox One, but then at the very top of the site where it shows the graphs, it always shows Xbone closing the gap more and more. How is that even possible?

Magic..hahahaaa

@super600 said:

Hahahaa... Come on man 20% of crap still is crap,they aren't even breaking 100k while been 20% up,in fact the PS4 outsold them both combined.

@Desmonic said:

@super600:

The PS4 did slow down a bit (it's no Wii phenom after all) but it was expected. The worrying part is the XB1 selling less while also costing much less than 1 year ago. That brings down overall revenue and sales.

The WiiU is showing that it could have clearly done much better if Ninty knew what to do with it from day 1. It's been consistently selling more than the previous years (sill overall low numbers versus the other 2, but a constant increase still).

It did great outside the wii both the xbox 360 and PS3 did worse on the respective time frames.

ON March 2007 the 360 did 199k the PS4 did more 330k.

The PS3 did 256k in March 2008 same time frames.

The wii did 700+ K that march but we all know the Wii was $250 and sold ultra fast at first then thanked like no other console did before it.

RIZDRAVER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#379  Edited By RIZDRAVER
Member since 2007 • 247 Posts

Microsoft repeatedly responding that XB1 sales are ahead of the 360's sales at this point in its life cycle is laughable.

Two years into the 360's cycle was the Great Slowdown of 2007 leading to the Recession in Dec '07 and following crash.

Rolling over those atrocious numbers I would hope to god that you're beating the 360's sales.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#380  Edited By Shewgenja

@arkephonic said:

Is NPD USA only or is this worldwide sales? If it's only USA sales, where can we see worldwide sales?

I don't think MS has released their worldwide results since February of 2014. They've gone utterly silent on the subject, though you do get numbers with quarterly reports. Sony announces their numbers at milestones like this December when they reached 20M at their press event.

@blackace said:

@Animal-Mother said:

Any particular reason why they would be low for the next 4 months? For the record, I do think April will be low for both PS4 and Xbone. Just curious as to your reasoning.

@Lionheart08 said:

@santoron said:

Well. For a sales thread with almost no surprises to people not hallucinating, that was an entertaining read.

So what does SW think MS does now? It's obvious they aren't going to stop the bleeding at $349, so do they cut again or do they make do? Do you think the price cut (once not a "special limited offer") is having much effect?

They're in an increasingly bad position to do those kinds of deals, though. I mean, I agree with you that a lot of the rhetoric on SW is mere hyperbole. That being said, what cannot be blown out of proportion is the PS4s position in the market. Developers and publishers have to now weigh the backlash of promising content and games on the console that has half the market position of its rival. MS can write checks but what was evidenced by Titanfall, you can also hamper a games success by tying yourself to the XBox at this point in the game. Unlike last gen where the PS3 struggled but made up ground, the XBox One has struggled and fought back but is still losing ground.

At this point, no one knows precisely how much better the Xbone is doing than the 360. We don't know if MS means shipped numbers or sold-through numbers. They are faltering at meeting year/year sales marks despite incredibly aggressive pricing strategies. It's losing exclusives/franchises. So, making a case that they can still use the tactics that brought them success last-gen would seem illogical, although I'd like to hear your reasoning. I think that XBone is pretty soon going to be in a position where they have to create their own strategy in the console market rather than try to compete with the PS4 for customers. For EA and Square-Enix, at least, it would appear that line in the sand has already been crossed. Doubly unfortunate for the Xbone is that there's not a robust 1st party to support it when it is not in powered flight. Nintendo learned long ago that having long wings and a lot of IP means you can still glide through rough times.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#381 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60713 Posts

@davillain- said:

@Heil68 said:

@Sagemode87 said:

I thought the only reason PS4 was ahead was price. Looks like that excuse is out of the window.

Yup, the PS4 killing sales is the real deal guys.

Well let's not forget that MS left a bad taste on everyone's mouth with that bullshit DRM Policies and that $500 is way too much for a gaming console. Go figure.

Xbone was cheaper than current gen 8 console leader PS4 for March by $50 and PS4 still won.

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#382 Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts

@blackace said:

@Animal-Mother said:

Talking about the NPD..... In which they did win.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#383 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20104 Posts

@RIZDRAVER said:

Microsoft repeatedly responding that XB1 sales are ahead of the 360's sales at this point in its life cycle is laughable.

Two years into the 360's cycle was the Great Slowdown of 2007 leading to the Recession in Dec '07 and following crash.

Rolling over those atrocious numbers I would hope to god that you're beating the 360's sales.

Haha that's a good point.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a30e101a977c
deactivated-5a30e101a977c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#384  Edited By deactivated-5a30e101a977c
Member since 2006 • 5970 Posts

@RIZDRAVER said:

They didn't see any slowdown in sales compared to the year before (2006)

They just have to sell more Xbox One's than last year, and they'll be outshining the Xbox 360 again

Captainqwark10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#385 Captainqwark10
Member since 2011 • 1170 Posts

So Update on The Order, apparently it sold less than 20k in March, That's pretty bad but BB will probably make up for over half of that.

BB may be the first exclusive this gen to chart on the monthly charts 2 months in a row if they can keep the momentum going. It'll likely be in the bottom 3 but since April pretty much has nothing but old games excluding MKX, which is one game, I think it has a chance to make it.

Looking at Amazon I don't believe MS overshipped the AC Unity bundle for the holidays, I believe they made another one or more shipments of the bundle. It's been 5+ months since it came out. There's no way they thought 5 million people were buying the AC Unity bundle during BF-Christmas.

@super600 said:

Wii U comeback confirmed,

Actually Wii U probably won't be above 100k until November. Splatoon would have to do really good for that to change.

TheRealBigRich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#386 TheRealBigRich
Member since 2010 • 784 Posts

@lostrib said:

@blue_hazy_basic said:
@finalstar2007 said:

I am still confused what last place means to some people

TheRealBigRich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#387  Edited By TheRealBigRich
Member since 2010 • 784 Posts

PS4 doing really well and dont look like its slowing down anytime soon. The X1 is selling decent and the Wii U needs a major price cut.