Official GS Gran Turismo 6 Review: 7

• 184 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151  Edited By locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts

@juarbles said:

@masiisam said:

@juarbles said:

LOL Once again the xboner reviewers at GS can't see a good game even if it hits them in the forehead. This is 1 million times better than Flopza and Metacritic proves it.

but its the same score on Metacritic...so how can it be a million times better? For the love of god... Help me understand that logic!

Because Flopza is a next gen game and can't even beat a last gen game. Besides GT6 still has the better physics of any sim game which is what matters. And you have to factor that the xboner reviewer from GS took the Metacritic score down because of their inherent bias.

Yeah "Flopza" with a 9, you goddam fucking idiot. GT has been beaten comprehensively with every Forza iteration. ALL the reviews agree, not just GS. Sony are thanking their lucky stars they have blinded fanboy cunts like you to keep the series going. Enjoy your shoddy last gen racer. Maybe try pick up an Xbox Original and Forza 1 if you can afford them, it'll give you a taste of what a racer SHOULD be.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#152  Edited By deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
Member since 2012 • 9317 Posts

As an old GT fan I hope GT6 fails hard both critically and commercially. The microtransactions bs has to stop. From what I saw in the review its grinding for hours and hours vs spend real cash on credits. FVCKIN BS SONY. Keep sh*t like this up and I'll quit being Sonys fan and I'll be a PC only gamer

no-scope-AK47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#153  Edited By no-scope-AK47
Member since 2012 • 3755 Posts

@HalcyonScarlet said:

@no-scope-AK47 said:

@HalcyonScarlet said:

@no-scope-AK47 said:

@HalcyonScarlet said:

It doesn't have less cars so they can sell you more, Forza has always had car packs. It has less cars because they didn't have enough time to finish them by launch.

So let me se if I got this right a unfinished game with day 1 DLC for cars that F5 is missing rates a 9 SMFH ???

They were still working on them when it went gold.

Funny they seem like they were working on DLC for the 50 dollar season pass. The time spent on DLC could have been spent on a track and weather and time of day. Seems turn 10 had a not so hidden agenda to milk the gamers. Xbots stupid enough to buy Forza 5 deserve to get milked for 90 bucks.

I don't think they had any intention of having weather and time of day.

Even if the game had 800 cars there still would've been dlc.

This isn't Street Fighter 2, there isn't less than 30 people working on the whole game. Different people are working on the cars, tracks ect ect.

If they had enough cars and tracks there would not be so much pressure to buy the DLC. IMO this was a money grab. F5 has just enough cars and tracks to last a couple months before you get the itch to drive anything different. If 60 cars cost 50 dollars then how much are the tracks going to cost??

picklesurprise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#154  Edited By picklesurprise
Member since 2013 • 185 Posts

@no-scope-AK47 said:

@HalcyonScarlet said:

@no-scope-AK47 said:

@HalcyonScarlet said:

@no-scope-AK47 said:

@HalcyonScarlet said:

It doesn't have less cars so they can sell you more, Forza has always had car packs. It has less cars because they didn't have enough time to finish them by launch.

So let me se if I got this right a unfinished game with day 1 DLC for cars that F5 is missing rates a 9 SMFH ???

Funny they seem like they were working on DLC for the 50 dollar season pass. The time spent on DLC could have been spent on a track and weather and time of day. Seems turn 10 had a not so hidden agenda to milk the gamers. Xbots stupid enough to buy Forza 5 deserve to get milked for 90 bucks.

This isn't Street Fighter 2, there isn't less than 30 people working on the whole game. Different people are working on the cars, tracks ect ect.

If they had enough cars and tracks there would not be so much pressure to buy the DLC. IMO this was a money grab. F5 has just enough cars and tracks to last a couple months before you get the itch to drive anything different. If 60 cars cost 50 dollars then how much are the tracks going to cost??

I've seen this guy's picture, he definitely knows about money grabs.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#155 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13664 Posts

@no-scope-AK47 said:

@HalcyonScarlet said:

@no-scope-AK47 said:

@HalcyonScarlet said:

@no-scope-AK47 said:

@HalcyonScarlet said:

What pressure?

In Forza 3 and 4 after 2 years each I only had about 60 odd cars in each. This isn't pokemon, this isn't 'gotta catch em all'.

I spend just as much time and in game money on car upgrading as I do on cars and driving them. I think i'll be ok.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 HalcyonScarlet

@picklesurprise said:

@no-scope-AK47 said:

@HalcyonScarlet said:

@no-scope-AK47 said:

@HalcyonScarlet said:

@no-scope-AK47 said:

@HalcyonScarlet said:

I've seen this guy's picture, he definitely knows about money grabs.

You've seen what now?

dogfather76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157  Edited By dogfather76
Member since 2009 • 589 Posts

Oh, how the mighty have fallen. I don't think they will ever be able to take the racing crown back from MS.

Rage010101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158  Edited By Rage010101
Member since 2006 • 5470 Posts

@HavocV3 said:

@WadeFan said:

@Rage010101 said:

@WadeFan said:

@Rage010101: not too sure where they have been "shitted on hard"... I mean knack didn't do well but neither did Ryse. Forza 5 did well, but GT6 is last gen so it's kinda moot. Again, I'm not calling you a liar, I just think you might be over exaggerating a tad

Maybe you missed where all their games have been flopping? TLOU, KZSF, Knack, GT6...any of those ring a bell? Hell, I think "shitted on" is an understatement. Cows are just getting straight obliterated is more like it. Their minds have been officially Mind F*cked!

Sorry, TLOU is generally considered one of the best games of last gen, KZSF flopped, Knack flopped and GT6 flopped. Forza is considered the best racer. Ryse flopped, the Bone flopped in sales. I'm trying to look at this objectively but your blatant fanboyism is apparent. Other than a few bright spots, it's been pretty meh for these 2 companies this year.

-TLOU still flopped on GS. It doesn't get any simpler than that.

-You seem to think that Rage is an Xbox fanboy when his posting history has indicated differently. Pretty sure he played/preferred PC/PS3 last gen and I'm pretty sure the guy just hates on cows because they're the most obnoxious fanboy group. (as he and others have claimed)

But he can correct me if I'm wrong. If he's not the guy that guy that used to have this as his sig:

Then I'm thinking of the wrong person.

Yes that would be me sir. You nailed it! You got it all right. I've been on PC a long time while playing consoles as well. Now adays I'm full blown PC. As far as last gen consoles, I did prefer the PS3 last gen, but I did have a 360 also, but PC has always been my primary. I stopped playing consoles all together mid way through the generation. I detest cows the most out of every faction because they are the most hypocritical, most obnoxious, most cowardly, most oblivious, and most annoying fanbase hands down.

Yep! That would be my sig sir. I did not realize I was so well known lol. Gotta say, I'm flattered.

no-scope-AK47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 no-scope-AK47

@HalcyonScarlet said:

@no-scope-AK47 said:

@HalcyonScarlet said:

@no-scope-AK47 said:

@HalcyonScarlet said:

If your racing game only has a few cars then the DLC is not really optional is it ??

You need cars or the game gets stale period. You need tracks or the game gets stale period. The real question is how much is the tracks going to cost ??

They spent time on a drivatar and recording top gear. Where is the auction house ??

They say they spent all this time laser scanning tracks but seca's famous red apex markers are MISSING. Seems Forza 5 is not about what it has but what is missing.

Avatar image for chessmaster1989
chessmaster1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#160 chessmaster1989
Member since 2008 • 30203 Posts

Who cares, it's a racing game. Zero interest regardless of the score.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161  Edited By HalcyonScarlet

@no-scope-AK47 said:

@HalcyonScarlet said:

@no-scope-AK47 said:

@HalcyonScarlet said:

@no-scope-AK47 said:

@HalcyonScarlet said:

If your racing game only has a few cars then the DLC is not really optional is it ??

You need cars or the game gets stale period. You need tracks or the game gets stale period. The real question is how much is the tracks going to cost ??

They spent time on a drivatar and recording top gear. Where is the auction house ??

They say they spent all this time laser scanning tracks but seca's famous red apex markers are MISSING. Seems Forza 5 is not about what it has but what is missing.

Again, they have different people doing different thing.

200 cars isn't that bad.

danabo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 danabo
Member since 2003 • 2438 Posts

@HalcyonScarlet said:

200 cars isn't that bad.

Some may say it's Superb or 9/10 :)

Dreams-Visions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163  Edited By Dreams-Visions
Member since 2006 • 26578 Posts

@danabo said:

@HalcyonScarlet said:

200 cars isn't that bad.

Yea, as long as it's the *right* 200 cars, it can be okay. It's not enough long-term, but for a launch game it's excusable.

That said, Forza is missing a whoooooole lot of features and they better be there come Forza 6. Weather, day/night, a full roster of cars, etc.

applefan1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 applefan1991  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 3397 Posts

@danabo: I see what you did there

no-scope-AK47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 no-scope-AK47

@Dreams-Visions said:

@danabo said:

@HalcyonScarlet said:

200 cars isn't that bad.

Yea, as long as it's the *right* 200 cars, it can be okay. It's not enough long-term, but for a launch game it's excusable.

That said, Forza is missing a whoooooole lot of features and they better be there come Forza 6. Weather, day/night, a full roster of cars, etc.

If the game only had 200 hundred cars and plenty of tracks with weather and time of day then you could get by. However it has few tracks and the conditions don't change. So you have very limited options long term. This IMO make Forza 5 a poor value as a racing game vs Forza 4 and GT6.

It is like meeting a sexy woman. You make out and it's meh. She has no culture or brains and she can't cook and is a slob and is broke but she looks great and dresses nice. This is similar to Forza 5 it makes a good 1st impression but it has no lasting appeal no depth. To add insult to injury now Forza 5 wants you trick on it for cars you should have had from jump.

waltefmoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167  Edited By waltefmoney
Member since 2010 • 18030 Posts

Forza humiliated Gran Turismo again? Who could have seen this coming?!

applefan1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169  Edited By applefan1991  Moderator

@HavocV3 said:

@WadeFan said:

@Rage010101 said:

@WadeFan said:

@Rage010101: not too sure where they have been "shitted on hard"... I mean knack didn't do well but neither did Ryse. Forza 5 did well, but GT6 is last gen so it's kinda moot. Again, I'm not calling you a liar, I just think you might be over exaggerating a tad

Maybe you missed where all their games have been flopping? TLOU, KZSF, Knack, GT6...any of those ring a bell? Hell, I think "shitted on" is an understatement. Cows are just getting straight obliterated is more like it. Their minds have been officially Mind F*cked!

Sorry, TLOU is generally considered one of the best games of last gen, KZSF flopped, Knack flopped and GT6 flopped. Forza is considered the best racer. Ryse flopped, the Bone flopped in sales. I'm trying to look at this objectively but your blatant fanboyism is apparent. Other than a few bright spots, it's been pretty meh for these 2 companies this year.

-TLOU still flopped on GS. It doesn't get any simpler than that.

-You seem to think that Rage is an Xbox fanboy when his posting history has indicated differently. Pretty sure he played/preferred PC/PS3 last gen and I'm pretty sure the guy just hates on cows because they're the most obnoxious fanboy group. (as he and others have claimed)

But he can correct me if I'm wrong. If he's not the guy that guy that used to have this as his sig:

Then I'm thinking of the wrong person.

You both seem to think that I'm some blind fanboy, when the exact opposite is true. I've said it 1,000x that the Xbox 360 was the best console last gen and I think TLOU was a good game and to call it a flop is every bit of idiotic. It was a fantastic game and to say that cows had a bad year because it is one of the highest praised games of the gen while you cling to one websites opinion is about as pathetic as possible. If you want to talk about a flop let's talk about the 360's post 2010 exclusive lineup. Please feel free to check my post history and you will see that I am far from a Cow on here. I personally am ecstatic that GT6 flopped so hard because I want to see a real overhaul of that IP.

applefan1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 applefan1991  Moderator

@-ArchAngeL-777- said:

@iambatman7986 said:

@WadeFan: the damage etc is from 2 gens ago. Forza 1 had a better collision and damage models than gt6. That is a shame. I do agree that there is no innovation with gt6 and there hasnt been since gt2.

I could be wrong, but didn't PD say they aren't concerned at all with damage modeling? This isn't going to be a feature I see them every really putting in the game.

I'm fine with that. I could care less about crashing my car on the first turn, then having to restart the race anyway because I'll never catch the lead cars. They want to simulate driving a car, not limping a damaged car to the finish line. Besides, doesn't Forza turn off damage modeling for online play anyway?

Maybe, but it doesn't make sense to go with that when they are trying to be the most realistic racer.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#171 Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

Flop Turismo again? wtf?

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172  Edited By BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

To anyone calling out Gamespot on the review, grow some balls. I respect that they delayed the review and spent quality time with it rather than rushing it out just to be the first site to review it. It seems like an honest and fair review. If this isn't a wake up call to Polyphony they need to stop making Gran Turismo games altogether, and focus on something else.

campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts

The best driving physics on consoles...

thats the only thing that matters.

campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175  Edited By campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts

Oh and lems..

both 81 on meta

If GT sucks, so does borza.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#176  Edited By blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

@MonsieurX said:

More flops,poor cows :(

Damn.. another FLOP for the bragging Cows. lmao!! But..but.,,but it looks better then Forza 5 and has more content. lol!! Looks like it flopped worse then GT5.

@waltefmoney said:

Forza humiliated Gran Turismo again? Who could have seen this coming?!

Everyone but cows. Now they are hoping and praying that Drive Club can be as good as Forza 5. lol!!

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 HalcyonScarlet

@no-scope-AK47 said:

@Dreams-Visions said:

@danabo said:

@HalcyonScarlet said:

200 cars isn't that bad.

If the game only had 200 hundred cars and plenty of tracks with weather and time of day then you could get by. However it has few tracks and the conditions don't change. So you have very limited options long term. This IMO make Forza 5 a poor value as a racing game vs Forza 4 and GT6.

It is like meeting a sexy woman. You make out and it's meh. She has no culture or brains and she can't cook and is a slob and is broke but she looks great and dresses nice. This is similar to Forza 5 it makes a good 1st impression but it has no lasting appeal no depth. To add insult to injury now Forza 5 wants you trick on it for cars you should have had from jump.

You don't know what you're talking about. What are you basing this on? The only thing you know about the game is that it has less cars and tracks. If that was the only thing that was important, reviewers wouldn't be taking a dump on GT.

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178  Edited By GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

lol lems hyping Flopza and Dan Greenawalt's lies.

Next gen awesomeness and it's drawn equal with Gran Rehash 6 on Metacritic.

nethernova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179  Edited By nethernova
Member since 2008 • 5721 Posts

@Rage010101 said:

Nice to see this piece of trash of a game FLOP! Face it cows, it's time to take Gran Turismo out back into the woods and put it down for good. GT didn't evolve with the times. It kept following its own same boring formula, thinking it didn't need to adhere to the standard. Man, you cows have been getting shitted on hard lately and I'm enjoying every big of it. LMFAO

You enjoy bits of shit? Yeah, whatever floats your boat. Bon appétit.

PS4TrumpsXbox1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 PS4TrumpsXbox1
Member since 2013 • 1371 Posts

@locopatho said:

@juarbles said:

@masiisam said:

@juarbles said:

LOL Once again the xboner reviewers at GS can't see a good game even if it hits them in the forehead. This is 1 million times better than Flopza and Metacritic proves it.

but its the same score on Metacritic...so how can it be a million times better? For the love of god... Help me understand that logic!

Because Flopza is a next gen game and can't even beat a last gen game. Besides GT6 still has the better physics of any sim game which is what matters. And you have to factor that the xboner reviewer from GS took the Metacritic score down because of their inherent bias.

Yeah "Flopza" with a 9, you goddam fucking idiot. GT has been beaten comprehensively with every Forza iteration. ALL the reviews agree, not just GS. Sony are thanking their lucky stars they have blinded fanboy cunts like you to keep the series going. Enjoy your shoddy last gen racer. Maybe try pick up an Xbox Original and Forza 1 if you can afford them, it'll give you a taste of what a racer SHOULD be.

Just so that you know, Metacritic has Forza 5 at 81 and Gt6 at 81 so seems like you would be wrong (I mention metacritic since you state forza has beaten gt with almost every reviewer). And the fact that a game on an older generation console got the same score on current gen is kinda sad. Funny how gamespot dings GT6 in their review for having microtransactions. Doesnt the most expensive car in Forza 5 cost like 60 bucks in microtransactions? Did Forza 5's review get dinged for this? Did it get dinged for having less tracks and cars than other Forza titles? Or not having weather effects? In no way is Forza a better racing franchise...... Your an ignorant fool

Gt 1-5 metacritic scores: 96, 93, 95, 89, 84

Forza 1-4 metacritic scores: 92, 90, 92, 91 and Forza Horizon on 360 got 85

Not seeing where Forza is so much better according to what you said about reviewers.

danabo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181 danabo
Member since 2003 • 2438 Posts

@PS4TrumpsXbox1 said:

@locopatho said:

@juarbles said:

@masiisam said:

@juarbles said:

Just so that you know, Metacritic has Forza 5 at 81 and Gt6 at 81 so seems like you would be wrong (I mention metacritic since you state forza has beaten gt with almost every reviewer). And the fact that a game on an older generation console got the same score on current gen is kinda sad. Funny how gamespot dings GT6 in their review for having microtransactions. Doesnt the most expensive car in Forza 5 cost like 60 bucks in microtransactions? Did Forza 5's review get dinged for this? Did it get dinged for having less tracks and cars than other Forza titles? Or not having weather effects? In no way is Forza a better racing franchise...... Your an ignorant fool

Gt 1-5 metacritic scores: 96, 93, 95, 89, 84

Forza 1-4 metacritic scores: 92, 90, 92, 91 and Forza Horizon on 360 got 85

Not seeing where Forza is so much better according to what you said about reviewers.

Forza Motorsport 5:

Gran Turismo 6:

iambatman7986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#184  Edited By iambatman7986
Member since 2013 • 4575 Posts

@-ArchAngeL-777- said:

@iambatman7986 said:

@WadeFan: the damage etc is from 2 gens ago. Forza 1 had a better collision and damage models than gt6. That is a shame. I do agree that there is no innovation with gt6 and there hasnt been since gt2.

I could be wrong, but didn't PD say they aren't concerned at all with damage modeling? This isn't going to be a feature I see them every really putting in the game.

I'm fine with that. I could care less about crashing my car on the first turn, then having to restart the race anyway because I'll never catch the lead cars. They want to simulate driving a car, not limping a damaged car to the finish line. Besides, doesn't Forza turn off damage modeling for online play anyway?

Thing is, it isn't realistic when you hit a wall or bump another car. PD is behind the times and the score and game reflect this. I'm not a huge sim racing fan, but it seems like GT has gone downhill since 2 and that is sad because it took the genre in the direction then just stopped evolving with the technology. It isn't a "sim" if it isn't realistic when you mess up.

messedupworld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185 messedupworld
Member since 2013 • 101 Posts

"Powerful supercars still sound like lawnmowers and hairdryers." LMAO!

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186 Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

so what's that thing i said about a hundred times over last gen?

oh yeah, poly = joke dev that cannot meet the standards of race games from 8 years ago.

scoots9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#187  Edited By scoots9
Member since 2006 • 3505 Posts

Still buying it.