Official GS Gran Turismo 6 Review: 7

• 184 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 Jankarcop
Member since 2011 • 11058 Posts

dem' console flops

picklesurprise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#102 picklesurprise
Member since 2013 • 185 Posts

Polyphony should just quit.

They are outclassed.

no-scope-AK47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#103 no-scope-AK47
Member since 2012 • 3755 Posts

The whole point of a racing game is to go racing. So what do you need cars and tracks and GT6 has plenty of both. It has rally and kart and even trucks. It has time of day and snow,gravel,dirt,rain also to make the awesome tracks even more varied. You can even create your own tracks and trade them. The physics are good and it has wheel support. I don't give a **** about some top gear guys talking and how many polygons are in a mirror. Clearly yet another moron reviewing was crying about not being able to drive the fast cars right away and not having enough money for them hence the low score.

This is idiotic as the "grind" is how you learn to drive. This way has been tested to the point that console racers using GT5 have went on to become REAL racing car drivers. If your looking for a arcade racer play NFS if you want the best racing sim on console you play GT6. If you want the pricey cars then EARN them by driving your ass off making the car actually have value beyond game money.

I personally think this is a great game but then I am biased and like car sims. If your not serious about sims and like shiny cars with brits talking with no cars or tracks or weather or time of day for the same money then buy Forza 5 on a system that cost 500 bucks lmfao. Oh and Forza 5 racing wheel cost as much as a ps4 SMDH WTF ??

PsychoLemons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 PsychoLemons
Member since 2011 • 3183 Posts

Yesh, I got the score right. And they still didn't improve the AI?

applefan1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 applefan1991  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 3397 Posts

@PsychoLemons: according to this review, no.

Rage010101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By Rage010101
Member since 2006 • 5470 Posts

Nice to see this piece of trash of a game FLOP! Face it cows, it's time to take Gran Turismo out back into the woods and put it down for good. GT didn't evolve with the times. It kept following its own same boring formula, thinking it didn't need to adhere to the standard. Man, you cows have been getting shitted on hard lately and I'm enjoying every big of it. LMFAO

applefan1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 applefan1991  Moderator

@Rage010101: not too sure where they have been "shitted on hard"... I mean knack didn't do well but neither did Ryse. Forza 5 did well, but GT6 is last gen so it's kinda moot. Again, I'm not calling you a liar, I just think you might be over exaggerating a tad

Rage010101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By Rage010101

@tormentos said:

@35cent said:

Do you know that this reviewer didn't review forza 5 right?

Probably they give most PS games to harsh reviewers,and most xbox games to morons who won't complain about anything,look at TLOU 95% on gamerankings and here 8,now B2S has 9 here and 72% on Gamerankings.

Case in point Forza 5 has 80% on gamerankings yet here it has a 9,GT6 has a 7 here and also has 80% on gamerankings.

So you have on reviewer who doesn't care about micro transactions even that Forza 5 boost a small numbers of cars,and you have another that will bitch about Micro Transactions on a damn game that has more than 1,000 cars.

Ah nice to see cows still crying and damage controlling over TLOU. Man, it truly is Flop of the year considering the butthurt still hasn't been healed. HAHA

Rage010101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 Rage010101

@WadeFan said:

@Rage010101: not too sure where they have been "shitted on hard"... I mean knack didn't do well but neither did Ryse. Forza 5 did well, but GT6 is last gen so it's kinda moot. Again, I'm not calling you a liar, I just think you might be over exaggerating a tad

Maybe you missed where all their games have been flopping? TLOU, KZSF, Knack, GT6...any of those ring a bell? Hell, I think "shitted on" is an understatement. Cows are just getting straight obliterated is more like it. Their minds have been officially Mind F*cked!

danabo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 danabo
Member since 2003 • 2438 Posts

treedoor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 treedoor
Member since 2004 • 7648 Posts

Ever since Forza came out, and gave GT some actual competition, GT has been getting worse and worse reviews.

Rage010101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 Rage010101

@juarbles said:

LOL Once again the xboner reviewers at GS can't see a good game even if it hits them in the forehead. This is 1 million times better than Flopza and Metacritic proves it.

And so the butthurt begins

SageJMP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#114 SageJMP
Member since 2004 • 4210 Posts

even though it only got a 7, you can't ignore this line: "The best driving physics on consoles"

"The Best"....not one of the best, the best.

applefan1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 applefan1991  Moderator

@Rage010101 said:

@WadeFan said:

Maybe you missed where all their games have been flopping? TLOU, KZSF, Knack, GT6...any of those ring a bell? Hell, I think "shitted on" is an understatement. Cows are just getting straight obliterated is more like it. Their minds have been officially Mind F*cked!

Sorry, TLOU is generally considered one of the best games of last gen, KZSF flopped, Knack flopped and GT6 flopped. Forza is considered the best racer. Ryse flopped, the Bone flopped in sales. I'm trying to look at this objectively but your blatant fanboyism is apparent. Other than a few bright spots, it's been pretty meh for these 2 companies this year.

applefan1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 applefan1991  Moderator

@Rage010101 said:

@juarbles said:

LOL Once again the xboner reviewers at GS can't see a good game even if it hits them in the forehead. This is 1 million times better than Flopza and Metacritic proves it.

And so the butthurt begins

Actually Metacritic says they are tied at 80. It doesn't prove either is better. Here at GS, 9 is higher than 7

masiisam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 masiisam
Member since 2003 • 5723 Posts

@juarbles said:

but its the same score on Metacritic...so how can it be a million times better? For the love of god... Help me understand that logic!

applefan1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 applefan1991  Moderator

@danabo said:

It took way too long for this to be posted. What, the 3rd page?

Avatar image for deactivated-5f26ef21d6f71
deactivated-5f26ef21d6f71

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 deactivated-5f26ef21d6f71
Member since 2006 • 2521 Posts

@daious said:

Forza has always been more fun to play than GT series.

masiisam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 masiisam

@juarbles said:

@masiisam said:

@juarbles said:

but its the same score on Metacritic...so how can it be a million times better? For the love of god... Help me understand that logic!

Because Flopza is a next gen game and can't even beat a last gen game. Besides GT6 still has the better physics of any sim game which is what matters. And you have to factor that the xboner reviewer from GS took the Metacritic score down because of their inherent bias.

But it has beaten here on GS and its the same score on Meta...so how is it a million times better?

no-scope-AK47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 no-scope-AK47

@Rage010101 said:

Nice to see this piece of trash of a game FLOP! Face it cows, it's time to take Gran Turismo out back into the woods and put it down for good. GT didn't evolve with the times. It kept following its own same boring formula, thinking it didn't need to adhere to the standard. Man, you cows have been getting shitted on hard lately and I'm enjoying every big of it. LMFAO

You play scores and I will play the best racing sim on console. Simply put if you could only have one racing game on a deserted island the clear choice is GT6. Forza 5 is a micro transaction machine there is day 1 DLC for cars. A season pass for 60 cars that cost 50 bucks making the game really 90 not including tax. Forget about GT6 for a moment Forza 4 takes a dump on the new game in cars and tracks.

R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#125  Edited By R3FURBISHED
Member since 2008 • 12408 Posts

Maybe we'll see the makeover the series sorely needs when it inevitably hits the PS4, but until then, Gran Turismo 6 remains a fantastic simulation; it's just not a great game.

Second-to-none driving physics coupled with an antiquated game. Damn shame, Polyphony needs to right their wrongs with GT7 - which I wholeheartedly expect them to do.

applefan1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By applefan1991  Moderator

@R3FURBISHED said:

Maybe we'll see the makeover the series sorely needs when it inevitably hits the PS4, but until then, Gran Turismo 6 remains a fantastic simulation; it's just not a great game.

Second-to-none driving physics coupled with an antiquated game. Damn shame, Polyphony needs to right their wrongs with GT7 - which I wholeheartedly expect them to do.

Same here. I think that the series is in need of a massive overhaul and I think after this game it will happen.

R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 R3FURBISHED

@juarbles said:

@masiisam said:

@juarbles said:

@masiisam said:

@juarbles said:

Because Flopza is a next gen game and can't even beat a last gen game. Besides GT6 still has the better physics of any sim game which is what matters. And you have to factor that the xboner reviewer from GS took the Metacritic score down because of their inherent bias.

But it has beaten here on GS and its the same score on Meta...so how is it a million times better?

Your lack of understanding of basic concepts is appaling xboner.

Metacritic score means nothing here in System Wars. Absolutely nothing.

When it comes to Gran Turismo 6 and Forza Motorsport 5 -in regards to comparative matters- this is all that matters:

Forza Motorsport 5:

Gran Turismo 6:

The final review paragraph - to summarize the review and the Good and Bad of each review along with the number score.

R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 R3FURBISHED

@WadeFan said:

@R3FURBISHED said:

Same here. I think that the series is in need of a massive overhaul and I think after this game it will happen.

A "massive overhaul" is exactly what the series needs.

I really do believe that Gran Turismo 7 will be something very special indeed, however. This is Polyphony we are talking about, they know racing games.

masiisam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By masiisam

@juarbles said:

@masiisam said:

@juarbles said:

@masiisam said:

@juarbles said:

Your lack of understanding of basic concepts is appaling xboner.

Here is a basic concept for yea.... the world would be a better place if your mom just swallowed you.

Avatar image for -ArchAngeL-777-
-ArchAngeL-777-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#130  Edited By -ArchAngeL-777-
Member since 2007 • 3840 Posts

@GreySeal9 said:

@-ArchAngeL-777- said:

You know everyone complains about GT being "stuck in last gen" or whatever. I respect PD for sticking to it's formula. Everyone is ragging out all these COD copycat shooters. So why should we expect PD to start changing up their formula to be more like Forza or NFS? Especially when they are completely destroying these two franchises in sales.

Let GT be GT. Let Forza be Forza. There's something to be said about having games that take different approaches.

That's fine, but don't complain when reviewers come down on PD for sticking to its formula.

Who said I'm complaining? I don't expect GT reviews to be AAA because they don't cater to all the window dressing that seems to impress critics. I'm just pointing out the fact everyone on here keeps arguing that Forza is so superior, and that GT is behind the times. Then GT comes out and completely destroys Forza at the cash registers.

It's like the COD vs Battlefield argument. Why would COD ever change what their doing because of Battlefield? BF3 was the best selling BF game across all platforms, yet still got annihilated by COD.

It's the same scenario here. There's literally no reason for PD to try to update their games to be more in line with those IPs that they are dominating with every entry. The only reason GT6 might not continue the trend is the fact they released it on PS3 during a next gen launch. Those that moved on to PS4 and XB1 aren't going to rush back to PS3 for any game.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 FireEmblem_Man
Member since 2004 • 20251 Posts

@Couth_ said:

@masiisam said:

Not surprised..called 7 months ago.. might as well call it GT 5.1

GT5 had so many updates they could have called this GT7.. Hopefully the lower sales and scores inspire an overhaul. The driving is good but pretty much everything about the game is bad. The worst GAME design I've played

I thought you sold your PS3?

2mrw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#132 2mrw
Member since 2008 • 6205 Posts

Reviewer is clearly got spolied with forza 5 .

R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By R3FURBISHED

@juarbles said:

@R3FURBISHED said:

Metacritic score means nothing here in System Wars. Absolutely nothing.

Lol xboners can do nothing but ignore reality, that's why they think they are real gamers. You and what xboner army will prevent me from using metacritic to own xboned asses? LOLOLOLOL

You are new here so I'll excuse your ignorance, but the fact of the matter is that we are in the GameSpot forum System Wars where only GameSpot reviews matter.

End of story.

Led_poison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 Led_poison
Member since 2004 • 10146 Posts

The Real Flopping simulator

no-scope-AK47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By no-scope-AK47

Pretty sure GT7 will have the graphics and sound and damage and AI of a next gen game. I hope that it does not lose the cars and tracks like Forza 5 and replace them with day 1 DLC. I also hope the custom sound tracks are kept from GT5 as the multimedia on the ps4 seems to be lacking.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#137 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13668 Posts

@John_Matherson said:

@HalcyonScarlet said:

@John_Matherson said:

@tormentos said:

@seanmcloughlin said:

Who cares as long as it plays better?

Well it matters when the reviewer slams one game for Micro transactions,yet ignore the other who has just as much but with 800 cars less to drive.

Yeah...I found it kinda' shady..and then the idiot goes on to say buying cars and earning currency can be expensive...what??

The difference in Forza, is you get rewarded with more in game credits after racing. Here he said, not only are car expensive, you earn less after racing than before, and then they introduce micro transactions to compensate.

Well I don't understand how already included cars that you can race to earn to buy isn't greater than a game launched with a lot less cars so they can sell you more cars with DLC packages. I don't understand,

It doesn't have less cars so they can sell you more, Forza has always had car packs. It has less cars because they didn't have enough time to finish them by launch.

iambatman7986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#138  Edited By iambatman7986
Member since 2013 • 4579 Posts

@WadeFan: the damage etc is from 2 gens ago. Forza 1 had a better collision and damage models than gt6. That is a shame. I do agree that there is no innovation with gt6 and there hasnt been since gt2.

Rage010101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 Rage010101

@WadeFan said:

@Rage010101 said:

@WadeFan said:

Sorry, TLOU is generally considered one of the best games of last gen, KZSF flopped, Knack flopped and GT6 flopped. Forza is considered the best racer. Ryse flopped, the Bone flopped in sales. I'm trying to look at this objectively but your blatant fanboyism is apparent. Other than a few bright spots, it's been pretty meh for these 2 companies this year.

Still flopped here. The sooner you accept that, the sooner you will stop sounding like a some butthurt fangirl.

HavocV3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By HavocV3
Member since 2009 • 8068 Posts

@WadeFan said:

@Rage010101 said:

@WadeFan said:

-TLOU still flopped on GS. It doesn't get any simpler than that.

-You seem to think that Rage is an Xbox fanboy when his posting history has indicated differently. Pretty sure he played/preferred PC/PS3 last gen and I'm pretty sure the guy just hates on cows because they're the most obnoxious fanboy group. (as he and others have claimed)

But he can correct me if I'm wrong. If he's not the guy that guy that used to have this as his sig:

Then I'm thinking of the wrong person.

no-scope-AK47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By no-scope-AK47

@HalcyonScarlet said:

It doesn't have less cars so they can sell you more, Forza has always had car packs. It has less cars because they didn't have enough time to finish them by launch.

So let me se if I got this right a unfinished game with day 1 DLC for cars that F5 is missing rates a 9 SMFH ???

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts

GT has been inferior to Forza since Forza 1.

-ArchAngeL-777-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143  Edited By -ArchAngeL-777-

@HalcyonScarlet said:

@John_Matherson said:

@HalcyonScarlet said:

@John_Matherson said:

@tormentos said:

@seanmcloughlin said:

Well it matters when the reviewer slams one game for Micro transactions,yet ignore the other who has just as much but with 800 cars less to drive.

Yeah...I found it kinda' shady..and then the idiot goes on to say buying cars and earning currency can be expensive...what??

The difference in Forza, is you get rewarded with more in game credits after racing. Here he said, not only are car expensive, you earn less after racing than before, and then they introduce micro transactions to compensate.

Well I don't understand how already included cars that you can race to earn to buy isn't greater than a game launched with a lot less cars so they can sell you more cars with DLC packages. I don't understand,

It still has a lot less cars and tracks yet got a 9.0 thrown at it by Gamespot. Maybe if they didn't concentrate on all the "innovation" that everyone raves about, they could put out some cars and tracks which is why most people by a racing game in the first place. If Forza 5 wasn't a XB1 launch title, no one would bother with it. Imagine if this game came out for 360. Do you think anyone would pay $60 for it that already had Forza 4? Probably not.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 HalcyonScarlet

@no-scope-AK47 said:

@HalcyonScarlet said:

So let me se if I got this right a unfinished game with day 1 DLC for cars that F5 is missing rates a 9 SMFH ???

They were still working on them when it went gold.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 HalcyonScarlet

@-ArchAngeL-777- said:

@HalcyonScarlet said:

@John_Matherson said:

@HalcyonScarlet said:

@John_Matherson said:

@tormentos said:

@seanmcloughlin said:

It still has a lot less cars and tracks yet got a 9.0 thrown at it by Gamespot. Maybe if they didn't concentrate on all the "innovation" that everyone raves about, they could put out some cars and tracks which is why most people by a racing game in the first place. If Forza 5 wasn't a XB1 launch title, no one would bother with it. Imagine if this game came out for 360. Do you think anyone would pay $60 for it that already had Forza 4? Probably not.

Cars on the newer consoles are going to take longer to make because of the insane detail and accuracy they include. That's why I don't know how GT dev is going to another GT game out for the PS4 next year. There is just way too much to do.

-ArchAngeL-777-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146  Edited By -ArchAngeL-777-

@iambatman7986 said:

@WadeFan: the damage etc is from 2 gens ago. Forza 1 had a better collision and damage models than gt6. That is a shame. I do agree that there is no innovation with gt6 and there hasnt been since gt2.

I could be wrong, but didn't PD say they aren't concerned at all with damage modeling? This isn't going to be a feature I see them every really putting in the game.

I'm fine with that. I could care less about crashing my car on the first turn, then having to restart the race anyway because I'll never catch the lead cars. They want to simulate driving a car, not limping a damaged car to the finish line. Besides, doesn't Forza turn off damage modeling for online play anyway?

no-scope-AK47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 no-scope-AK47

@HalcyonScarlet said:

@no-scope-AK47 said:

@HalcyonScarlet said:

Funny they seem like they were working on DLC for the 50 dollar season pass. The time spent on DLC could have been spent on a track and weather and time of day. Seems turn 10 had a not so hidden agenda to milk the gamers. Xbots stupid enough to buy Forza 5 deserve to get milked for 90 bucks.

-ArchAngeL-777-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 -ArchAngeL-777-

@no-scope-AK47 said:

@HalcyonScarlet said:

@no-scope-AK47 said:

@HalcyonScarlet said:

Funny they seem like they were working on DLC for the 50 dollar season pass. The time spent on DLC could have been spent on a track and weather and time of day. Seems turn 10 had a not so hidden agenda to milk the gamers. Xbots stupid enough to buy Forza 5 deserve to get milked for 90 bucks.

They also spent time on that new AI that supposedly learns from racers online or something like that. I agree 100%. Forza 5 is all hype, no substance. Even if they promise free DLC to finish off the game, by the time that gets here, TitanFall and other games will be out. DLC is never a good way to complete what should have been done at launch. Once the games launched, the damage is done.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 HalcyonScarlet

@no-scope-AK47 said:

@HalcyonScarlet said:

@no-scope-AK47 said:

@HalcyonScarlet said:

I don't think they had any intention of having weather and time of day.

Even if the game had 800 cars there still would've been dlc.

This isn't Street Fighter 2, there isn't less than 30 people working on the whole game. Different people are working on the cars, tracks ect ect.

John_Matherson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#150  Edited By John_Matherson
Member since 2013 • 2085 Posts

Gamespot strikes again. You guys must really love attention...(and other damage infliction/control statemnts)

I want to instigate another TLOU outbreak, dammit!!!!