Official: CoD - Ghosts 1080p on PS4, 720p on XOne.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Zophar87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#401 Zophar87
Member since 2008 • 4344 Posts

@PinkiePirate:

If that's true... wow...

superclocked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#402 superclocked
Member since 2009 • 5864 Posts

@Zophar87 said:

@PinkiePirate:

If that's true... wow...

I'm not going to count the pixels, either, but it's definitely close enough to say that it's true...

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#403  Edited By Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

@PinkiePirate said:

Someone who goes by the name of "chubigans" over at GAF made this. Really shows how much of a leap 1080p is.

"no big difference" -lems

Avatar image for Douevenlift_bro
Douevenlift_bro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#404  Edited By Douevenlift_bro
Member since 2013 • 6804 Posts

Wait dreams visions is back? lol

Next thing ya know "bioshockownz" will return

Anyway, Hi lems.. I should be asleep, I get up at 7:20 tomorrow *cheesy grin*

jhcho2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#406  Edited By jhcho2
Member since 2004 • 5103 Posts

@superclocked said:

@Zophar87 said:

@PinkiePirate:

If that's true... wow...

I'm not going to count the pixels, either, but it's definitely close enough to say that it's true...

There's something called length ratio

superclocked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#407 superclocked

@jhcho2 said:

@superclocked said:

@Zophar87 said:

@PinkiePirate:

If that's true... wow...

There's something called length ratio

I'm not going to find a ruler or fire up my desktop, either...

Douevenlift_bro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#408 Douevenlift_bro

@Greatness05 said:

@Douevenlift_bro said:

@Greatness05 said:

lmao it looks like this got some of y'all dicks hard the way y'all on here celebrating. #ThatVirginLife

COD ghosts 720P, this guys reaction: Penis

Amazing how anger translates individually. LMAO Im dying laughing

Anger? Last time I bought a COD game was the first MW lmmfao. It's funny though that even in 900p and 1080p, nobody sees a major difference between battlefield on either console or ghost. respectively.

You're upset buddy.

Ghost is 720P. Corrected that for ya... I bet you reply in under 7min 20 secs >_>

Douevenlift_bro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#409 Douevenlift_bro

@JamDev said:

@Gue1:

@Gue1 said:

@superclocked said:

@Cali3350 said:

@superclocked said:

@tormentos: Both the PS4 and XB1 versions had post process AA in the comparison videos, and AO has since been added to the XB1 version. The XB1 version also has sharper textures, thanks to the scalar chip. Distant objects are what looks noticeably better on the PS4 version, since it runs at a higher resolution...

That doesnt even make a little sense. How is a scalar, which strictly upscales an image, and is not capable of adding detail, going to make things look better? Is this what Xbox fans are saying these days? A scalar is going to make things pretty? Thats really basic tech.

The scalar chip in the XB1 adds a bit of detail as it upscales. No need to get mad over it, lol...

an upscaled image loses detail, and the higher the resolution to which it has to be upscaled the worse. That's a rule of life. An upscaler can't add detail that was never there.

The difference is that a hardware based upscaler does a better job at stretching the image than software based but it does not add detail. It's impossible.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Video_scaler

Both systems have built in hardware upscalers anyway, it's just become another buzzword for desperate lems to cling to.

The supposed extra detail is purely down to lack of AA, high contrast and sharpening. Anyone could achieve the same effect by turning off AA and bumping up the contrast and sharpness on their TV if they genuinely prefer the way the Xbone version looks. Obviously you couldn't get the PS4 version to look quite as bad as the Xbone version, it would still have less jaggies and run smoother, but for people that are determined to have their games look as crappy as possible it would be a step in the right direction.

LOL OWNED.

Cloud - DGPU - Upscaler

lems and their buzzwords

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#410  Edited By Krelian-co

@Opus_Rea-333 said:

that fkn sad Microsoft really u allowing this kind of atrocity?

welll they did get in their system skynect, err i mean kinect that will allow them to win money from making you watch ads, so who cares if gamers get lower quality products as long as they make money in the process.

no-scope-AK47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#411 no-scope-AK47
Member since 2012 • 3755 Posts

Not sure why people are buy the x1??

Ps4

1. More exclusives

2. Cheaper

3. Psn plus cheaper

4. Better multiplats

x1

1. cost more

2. Has a 1080p webcam

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#412 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26645 Posts

@NineTailedGoku said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

Who honestly didn't see this coming?

I wont lie, being this is COD, I did give XBone the benefit of the doubt to at least be able to run this in 1080p. I guess I overestimated the console. MS got caugh with their pants down. It should be official for everyone, PS4 is the main console this gen. XO is just for exclusives.

PC is the main system this gen--just like every other gen. Xbox One and PS4 are for exclusives(if applicable).

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#413  Edited By ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

@HaloinventedFPS said:

@tormentos said:

@shawn30 said:

@Omega-316 said:

lolololol Im loving this. where u at lems??? come here so I can rub it in ur faces.

Lems: "Xbox, do 1080p"

Xbox: "lol"

NBA2K and Forza 5 say hi:) Lems just sitting back waiting for the gameplay footage to hit. Its funny how Cows have turned pyschic that MS will have no more 1080p and how it looks today is only how good it will ever look. Do you guys have any clue how silly that is? PS4 is more powerful and easuer to dev for. Fact. Xbox One will have games with killer graphics too, and already do with Ryse. Especially as the dev tools get better. PS4 as well. But go on dear Cows with the circle jerk. Lems had their fun yesterday so fair is fair :)

Yeah sport games were 1080p even on last gen consoles..hahaha and Forza lol again last gen everything baked and faked racing.

@HaloinventedFPS said:

Doesn't make any sense, the difference between Xbone & PS4 isn't that big

It's comparing a 7790 to a 7850

No is not the 7790 is 14 CU and 1.79 TF the xbox one is 12 CU and 1.31 TF but in reality is more like 1.18 TF because it has a 10% GPU reservation that can't be use by developers,the 7790 has 600Gflops more than the xbox one.

The 7850 is 16 CU and 1.76TF, the PS4 is 18 CU and 1.84 TF.

Memory on xbox one is a pain in the ass to work with and the xbox tools are not as good now as the PS4 ones are.

@shawn30 said:

@Gatman32 said:

@HaloinventedFPS: Im guessing its because the X1 is going to be tougher to develop for next gen. Just gotta wait later down the road.

Shhhh. Cows are wanking nearby. Let them have their day. It seems to mean a whole lot to them. Gotta have something to occupy their time cause PS4 launch games, if there were any, sure won't :)

Yeah because the PS4 already used all its power at launch and will not improve graphics as time goes on..lol

PS4 actually has 14 CU's for games

7870 GE (20 CU) > 7850 (16 CU) > prototype 7850 (12 CU)

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#414 Krelian-co

@ronvalencia said:

@HaloinventedFPS said:

@tormentos said:

@shawn30 said:

@Omega-316 said:

lolololol Im loving this. where u at lems??? come here so I can rub it in ur faces.

NBA2K and Forza 5 say hi:) Lems just sitting back waiting for the gameplay footage to hit. Its funny how Cows have turned pyschic that MS will have no more 1080p and how it looks today is only how good it will ever look. Do you guys have any clue how silly that is? PS4 is more powerful and easuer to dev for. Fact. Xbox One will have games with killer graphics too, and already do with Ryse. Especially as the dev tools get better. PS4 as well. But go on dear Cows with the circle jerk. Lems had their fun yesterday so fair is fair :)

Yeah sport games were 1080p even on last gen consoles..hahaha and Forza lol again last gen everything baked and faked racing.

@HaloinventedFPS said:

No is not the 7790 is 14 CU and 1.79 TF the xbox one is 12 CU and 1.31 TF but in reality is more like 1.18 TF because it has a 10% GPU reservation that can't be use by developers,the 7790 has 600Gflops more than the xbox one.

Memory on xbox one is a pain in the ass to work with and the xbox tools are not as good now as the PS4 ones are.

@shawn30 said:

@Gatman32 said:

@HaloinventedFPS: Im guessing its because the X1 is going to be tougher to develop for next gen. Just gotta wait later down the road.

Shhhh. Cows are wanking nearby. Let them have their day. It seems to mean a whole lot to them. Gotta have something to occupy their time cause PS4 launch games, if there were any, sure won't :)

Yeah because the PS4 already used all its power at launch and will not improve graphics as time goes on..lol

7870 GE (20 CU) > 7850 (16 CU) > prototype 7850 (12 CU)

psssst the secret sauce isn't real, let it go ron, let it go.

Douevenlift_bro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#415 Douevenlift_bro

@no-scope-AK47 said:

Ps4

1. More exclusives

2. Cheaper

3. Psn plus cheaper

4. Better multiplats

x1

1. cost more

2. Has a 1080p webcam

Only hatred of Sony can drive somebody to inflict pain on themselves by buying the X1

Dreams-Visions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#416  Edited By Dreams-Visions
Member since 2006 • 26578 Posts

@Douevenlift_bro said:

Wait dreams visions is back? lol

Next thing ya know "bioshockownz" will return

Anyway, Hi lems.. I should be asleep, I get up at 7:20 tomorrow *cheesy grin*

No pictures, please.

*waves*

@PinkiePirate said:

Someone who goes by the name of "chubigans" over at GAF made this. Really shows how much of a leap 1080p is.

#teamGAF

#alwaysComesThrough

Avatar image for Infinite_Access
Infinite_Access

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#417 Infinite_Access
Member since 2007 • 2483 Posts

Welp.. basically confirms I'll be waiting about 3 years for an Xbone... can't wait to play TItanfall... on the 360

TheShensolidus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#418  Edited By TheShensolidus
Member since 2013 • 224 Posts

@percech: Not rushed, not even close. It is UNFATHOMABLE to some that the console might just be underpowered. It has to be lazy devs or rush job or <insert any excuse BUT the hardware's fault>. No, its flawless. Truly, truly is.

Boy are you in for a ROUGH generation.

And resolution disparity in multiplats? Just an fyi... it ain't over. Not by a long shot. Enjoy!

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#420 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

@theshensolidus said:

@percech: Not rushed, not even close. It is UNFATHOMABLE to some that the console might just be underpowered. It has to be lazy devs or rush job or <insert any excuse BUT the hardware's fault>. No, its flawless. Truly, truly is.

And resolution disparity in multiplats? Just an fyi... it ain't over. Not by a long shot. Enjoy!

Its hard to swallow. They waited eight years for an HD camera pizza pre-ordering box.

Zophar87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#421 Zophar87

@silversix_ said:

@theshensolidus said:

Its hard to swallow. They waited eight years for an HD camera pizza pre-ordering box.

Wait.. it can order pizza?

Avatar image for supercowelitist
SuperCowElitist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#422 SuperCowElitist
Member since 2013 • 732 Posts

Lemmings are still using 720p. So, it's not big deal.

Us cows are balling in the 1080p HDTV

Dreams-Visions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#423 Dreams-Visions
Member since 2006 • 26578 Posts

that GAF chart has been added to the OP.

Zophar87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#424 Zophar87

Wanna know what fucks me up?

This game doesn't even look that good and the Xbox 720p still can't render it in native 1080p.

PinkiePirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#425 PinkiePirate
Member since 2012 • 1973 Posts

@Dreams-Visions said:

that GAF chart has been added to the OP.

Awesome.

Avatar image for stereointegrity
stereointegrity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#426  Edited By stereointegrity
Member since 2007 • 12151 Posts

@HaloinventedFPS said:

@tormentos said:

@shawn30 said:

@Omega-316 said:

@HaloinventedFPS said:

@shawn30 said:

@Gatman32 said:

ps4 has 18 cu's for games....not 14...this whole 14+4 has been debunked along time ago and infact 8 of the cu's in the ps4 can do GRAPHICS AND COMPUTE at the same time with no hit towards eachother.....

stop spreading this bullshit already lems..not ever gonna be true

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#427 PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30570 Posts

Going from 720p to 1080p is a massive improvement, actually :o

I'm glad Sony is aiming at 1080p for every single PS4 game.

Caseytappy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#429 Caseytappy
Member since 2005 • 2199 Posts

The Xbone scaler according to lemmings :

A little tree here and a one there https://global3.memecdn.com/maybe-theres-a-little-tree-here_c_730981.jpg

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#430 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9150 Posts

no big deal for me i dont buy neither next gen version

KellyKelly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#431 KellyKelly
Member since 2013 • 386 Posts

LOL, just cancelled my X1 pre-order, what a joke the X1 is

Avatar image for megaspiderweb09
megaspiderweb09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#432 megaspiderweb09
Member since 2009 • 3686 Posts

I really doubt this stuff has much influence on people who plan on getting the Xbox One, brand loyalty is very strong with Xbox, especially as the network effect is getting stronger with the industry

KellyKelly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#433 KellyKelly

@blackace said:

@Kinthalis said:

MegaTON.

So I guess it's official, the Xbone is the 720p platform for the entirety fo next gen?

Forza 5 1080P @60fps. Well see what happen once developers actually use the updated devkits. Can't wait for E3. It should be interesting. Glad I have both systems. Now I can pick and choose what's best on each system. lol!!

Poor Lems, hiding behind the PS4

KellyKelly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#434 KellyKelly

@megaspiderweb09 said:

I really doubt this stuff has much influence on people who plan on getting the Xbox One, brand loyalty is very strong with Xbox, especially as the network effect is getting stronger with the industry

It's not strong at all, almost every Lem on this forum is ditching the X1 for something else

casharmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#435 casharmy
Member since 2011 • 9388 Posts
@mystic_knight said:

:( I actually want to cancel my pre order now.

Wickerman777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#436  Edited By Wickerman777
Member since 2013 • 2164 Posts

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#437 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

This really just feels like a rush job to me, similar to some of the wiiu launch games, etc. NSMBU was 720p, and now we have far more detailed games like Smash Bros, 3D World, and Mario Kart running in 1080p@60fps.

It does point to ps4 being more powerful, though. And, to be honest, the Xbox One has the stronger launch lineup.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#438  Edited By tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@superclocked said:

@tormentos: Both the PS4 and XB1 versions had post process AA in the comparison videos, and AO has since been added to the XB1 version. The XB1 version also has sharper textures, thanks to the scalar chip. Distant objects are what looks noticeably better on the PS4 version, since it runs at a higher resolution...

Then AA doesn't work on xbox one or 720p is just killing it the jaggies problems is severe as several gift show,

NO AO hasn't been added dude and if it was it wasn't show on the video show,it had no AO and still was running as much as 14 FPS slower with AO it will be even slower,AO has a performance hit.

The xbox one has so call sharper version because the videos been compare are 720p native on xbox one,the PS4 ones are 1080p from native 900p,upscale that 720p xbox version to 1080p and tell me that again.

gpuking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#439 gpuking
Member since 2004 • 3914 Posts

It's over lems, you had a good run this gen but the war is officially over. I love you guys.

Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#440 Snugenz
Member since 2006 • 13388 Posts

@lostrib said:

that's just sad

Incredibly, the X1 is weak as hell, but not being able to hit 1080p with that shitty game is really bad form on IW's part.

Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#441 Snugenz
Member since 2006 • 13388 Posts

@gpuking said:

It's over lems, you had a good run this gen but the war is officially over. I love you guys.

Dat insecurity, go make another 300 threads about how KZ is great looking.

superclocked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#442  Edited By superclocked

@tormentos said:

@superclocked said:

Then AA doesn't work on xbox one or 720p is just killing it the jaggies problems is severe as several gift show,

NO AO hasn't been added dude and if it was it wasn't show on the video show,it had no AO and still was running as much as 14 FPS slower with AO it will be even slower,AO has a performance hit.

The xbox one has so call sharper version because the videos been compare are 720p native on xbox one,the PS4 ones are 1080p from native 900p,upscale that 720p xbox version to 1080p and tell me that again.

lol, you come up with some stuff. Both versions do use the same post process AA, and they said that both have AO now, too. And both systems were running at 1080p, and captured in 1080p/60 lossless format. Unless they did some optimization to several parts of the engine, then the XBox One version is indeed going to run even slower with AO on..

It doesn't matter to me either way, as I'll be getting BF4 for my PC. Hell, I'm not even going to keep the XB1 Day One that I preordered after hearing the 720p vs 1080p COD Ghosts news. Microsoft screwed up royally by making a weaker system that's also more expensive...

AtariKidX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#443 AtariKidX
Member since 2010 • 7156 Posts

@no-scope-AK47 said:

Ps4

1. More exclusives

2. Cheaper

3. Psn plus cheaper

4. Better multiplats

x1

1. cost more

2. Has a 1080p webcam

PS4 is the only choice for next gen console and games........more powerful,better games and cheaper.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#444  Edited By StormyJoe
Member since 2011 • 7806 Posts

@silversix_ said:

@BPoole96 said:

@StormyJoe said:

@Dreams-Visions said:

@35cent said:

Shame it isn't native 1080p on both, but if they look the same (and they probably will) who cares.

Have you ever played a PC game on a 1080p screen at 720p then switched it to 1080p?

"look the same" is unlikely. The PS4 version will be noticably sharper, have significantly less jaggies. Details will be crisp and will not turn into blurry/pixelated messes at a distance.

going from 720p to 1080p is a night and day difference, tbh.

But, this isn't a PC, it is a console. Once you move further away than 6 feet from the screen, you cannot tell the difference.

lmao you're so full of shit. So why the hell did HDTVs ever even release? I mean, according to you, we could just keep TVs at 480p and just move further and further from our TVs. If you're gaming on some POS 20" Sanyo screen, yeah, the difference would be as noticeable, but when you've got a 32"+ screen, resolution and pixel density matter. A 720p image stretched across a 55" 1080p TV is going to look like crap.

And you always have to consider that the XBone is ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS MORE EXPENSIVE. Would you pay $1000 more for a slower car? Would you pay $20 for a DVD when the Blu Ray is $10?

This damage control is fucking hilarious and I can't believe some of you fan drones are too delusional to just admit the MS fucked up.

I like i like. Well said and where's the +1? Anyway +1. But it doesn't matter because the only Lem who do actually believe the kind of bullshit Stormy said are........... you can't save them anymore, let them suffer.

If you are too dumb/ignorant to read the links I posted, that's your problem, not mine.

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#445  Edited By Krelian-co

@StormyJoe said:

@silversix_ said:

@BPoole96 said:

@StormyJoe said:

@Dreams-Visions said:

@35cent said:

Shame it isn't native 1080p on both, but if they look the same (and they probably will) who cares.

Have you ever played a PC game on a 1080p screen at 720p then switched it to 1080p?

"look the same" is unlikely. The PS4 version will be noticably sharper, have significantly less jaggies. Details will be crisp and will not turn into blurry/pixelated messes at a distance.

But, this isn't a PC, it is a console. Once you move further away than 6 feet from the screen, you cannot tell the difference.

lmao you're so full of shit. So why the hell did HDTVs ever even release? I mean, according to you, we could just keep TVs at 480p and just move further and further from our TVs. If you're gaming on some POS 20" Sanyo screen, yeah, the difference would be as noticeable, but when you've got a 32"+ screen, resolution and pixel density matter. A 720p image stretched across a 55" 1080p TV is going to look like crap.

And you always have to consider that the XBone is ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS MORE EXPENSIVE. Would you pay $1000 more for a slower car? Would you pay $20 for a DVD when the Blu Ray is $10?

This damage control is fucking hilarious and I can't believe some of you fan drones are too delusional to just admit the MS fucked up.

I like i like. Well said and where's the +1? Anyway +1. But it doesn't matter because the only Lem who do actually believe the kind of bullshit Stormy said are........... you can't save them anymore, let them suffer.

If you are too dumb/ignorant to read the links I posted, that's your problem, not mine.

hahahahahhahahaha

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#446  Edited By StormyJoe

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@tormentos said:

@StormyJoe said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@StormyJoe said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

What's with this misconception among some of these xbox fans that 1080p just means less jaggies, It also brings a much clearer picture. Simply put with a 1080p set you will notice much more detail in the overall image, distance from the screen doesn't fvcking matter.

The cow IQ must be a few points shy of brain damaged. Just go read the links I posted.

Please stop proving to us that you ride the magic short bus.

If you are two fricken dumb to read the articles, then keep quiet and let the big boys debate.

Hahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.........

So after fighting me and claiming time after time that both console games would look the same,now you are swimming in your own denial,trying to downplay 1080p vs 720p when 1080p is actually a bigger difference than from 480p to 720p..

@Scipio8 said:

Sony are secretly mandating 1080p even if it means blur and poor textures, Microsoft are not. That is why BF4 looks better on XB1 720p and so will COD Ghosts. Just wait for the comparison videos.

Hahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa..........

Lmao, I can't believe I didn't notice til now that he used Two instead of too and then proceeded to call me dumb.

Jesus christ microsoft, your fanbase is amazing!

OMG, I have a typo. Well, I guess a typo means that I am wrong and you are right. You know what that is called? Ignoratio elenchi. Go look it up.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#447  Edited By StormyJoe

@Floppy_Jim said:

And this

OK, I'll give it to you... that's funny.

Avatar image for deactivated-57d307c5efcda
deactivated-57d307c5efcda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#448  Edited By deactivated-57d307c5efcda
Member since 2009 • 1302 Posts

@StormyJoe said:

@Dreams-Visions said:

@StormyJoe said:

@Dreams-Visions said:

@StormyJoe said:

@Dreams-Visions said:

@35cent said:

What? Of course you can. Connect your PC/laptop to your television and start up Borderlands2/Crysis2 or 3/TF2/BF3 and look at it @720p for a few minutes from your comfy couch. Then switch it to 1080p.

It's night and day, and it's not a debate.

Bullshit. Google "720p vs 1080p" and go read some articles about it.

Bullshit?

I can do it. On my computer. Right now. Why would I need to Google it as if we don't have the hardware available to us right now to see for ourselves?

Ever seen Borderlands 2 at 720p on a 1080p display? It be ugly bro. Switching it to 1080p after looking at it at 720p? Night and day. Same with any game. If there wasn't a difference, people wouldn't be looking to buy video cards that can run their games at 1080p/4k at 60fps. 1080p wouldn't be such a big selling point this gen.

Save the apologist rhetoric for someone who doesn't know better.

So, do you just half read my comments because you cannot wait to reply? I clearly stated that I was speaking in terms of consoles and TVs, not PCs and displays.

Where the F is the "rolling eyes" gif when I need it...

Your the one who needs the "rolling yes" gif. Hook up your pc to your HDTV, or watch Final Fantasy XIII cutscenes in 720 then 1080p on the PS3. There is a difference, especially when rending in game assets. 1080p also helps with aliasing, doesn't fully get rid of it, but for example just look at the BF footage for PS4 vs. Xone vs. PC. PS4 and PC have much less aliasing than the x1 version. Watch the scene in the vehicle with all the cable lines, it's a jagfest in the x1 version.

Have owned a 42" Panny 1080p HDTV since the end of 2007, have since upgraded to a 65" 1080 Panny set and there is a huge difference, even on the smaller one. you just want to spew articles while he is telling you to actually do it for yourself to see. Games are Games, doesn't matter if it's a PC cranking out 720p or a console cranking out 720p, 1080p from either is going to better than the 720p image.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#449 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@HaloinventedFPS said:

No completely wrong.

It has 18 that can be use as developers want,the whole 14 CU for graphics 4 for compute was based on and example rather than a restriction.

All are for games even if the other 4 are use for compute job either way just so you know.

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@Zophar87 said:

The Xbox One. A $500 "next gen" video game console (if you can even call it a video game console) cannot natively render a CROSS-GEN game at native 1080p? That's fucking pathetic.

720p is more cinematic.

THREAD winner..

@silversix_ said:

One thing is certainly learned today is that every single shitty rumor that comes out about Xbone is soon to be confirmed true. In the future, i will have no doubt whatsoever believing in colossal clusterf*cks rumored about Xbone. Believe!

And some how xbox fans still don't want to believe the rumors of crappy OS and live working like sh** as well,when almost all rumors that come out are been confirmed,Neogaf insider >>>>>>>>> MS...

@superclocked said:

@NineTailedGoku said:

@superclocked said:

No, the XO version does not have better textures. Digital Foundry botched the comparison. If the XO version had brtter visuals I doubt DICE would've shown the PS4 version first. PS4 is the more capable machine, is that so hard to understand? You didn't see PS2 fans argue better graphics against Xbox. Just let it go.

The only things that capture card settings would effect are settings like contrast, and it's why the XB1 version appears to have crushed blacks. It doesn't explain the washed out textures on the PS4 version, but the lack of a decent hardware scalar chip does. And, I realize that the PS4 is more powerful. That's one reason that I'm getting a PS4 first...

Ambien occlusion on the PS4 version + 900p upscale to 1080p while the xbox one version test was done on 720p native with no AO,so yeah when you upscale that xbox one version to 1080p is textures wash out time,even more with AO on,and DF mess up the comparison the fact they were call on it show how crappy they are and biased.