Official: CoD - Ghosts 1080p on PS4, 720p on XOne.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#651 Posted by daveg1 (20331 posts) -

wonder why it looks better on xbone

#652 Posted by jhcho2 (4383 posts) -

@jhcho2 said:

@tormentos said:

@NameIess_One said:

As a DX11 native title, Crysis 3 wouldn't even work on the 7800 GTX. Still, I don't know what you're saying here, are you saying many people have eye-sights that improve the image quality of titles running on weaker hardware?

Also, Steam stats don't prove me wrong on anything... it's pretty damn obvious the majority of PC gamers are packing mid-range hardware, I never tried to deny that. Regardless, there still are millions of gaming PCs right now around the world that outmatch the PS4, a system that isn't even out yet... and if you ask me, that's a pretty encouraging figure as far as PC gamer community goes.

Odd it runs on the PS3 which has a gimped 7800GTX..lol See the difference between PC and consoles.

Yes basically it does because you have are a sole opinion,steam stats gather system information from many PC which use the steam,not is not pretty obvious that is an assumption on your part without anything to back it up.

Console gamers pretending to know PC stuff?

1. It's 7800GT, not 7800GTX. 'GTX' started being used only when the 3-digit numbering system was introduce, ie. 200 series cards.

2. Crysis 3 is exclusive to DX11 only on PC but not consoles. Consoles don't use DirectX, and are not restricted by it. Devs have free reign to use any type of language or code on the consoles.

Actually, that part isn't correct:

http://www.nvidia.com/page/geforce_7800.html

There indeed is a 7800 GTX.

You're right my bad

#653 Posted by carloscanalesv (106 posts) -

After almost always playing games at 720p on PS3, I think we almost deserve 1080p on the PS4! :)

#654 Edited by casharmy (6829 posts) -

@kazrium said:

@Dreams-Visions: Here's my point: The cows cried when the PS3 and Xbox 360 launched because ALL the multi-plat games looked better on the Xbox 360. ( Find one that didn't, good luck. ) I find it quite ironic that they are now claiming the systems wars are won because of comparisons of a couple mulit-plat games. Go figure, you crazy cows you.

lol, it was lems argument that exclusives didn't matter and mutiplats were the best games in every generation.

There is no irony except for your desperation and damage control lem LMFAO.

Enjoy an entire generation of inferior games lem...completely abandoning the previous argument of only multiplats matter for xbox360.

BTW: PS3 won EVERY GOTY award for for best graphics on consoles after 2006, stay in the shadows kiddo.

#655 Posted by Krelian-co (10670 posts) -

@daveg1 said:

wonder why it looks better on xbone

wonder no more, go to get your eyes checked and you will know.

#656 Posted by daveg1 (20331 posts) -

@Krelian-co:

you need to get a grip! theres videos comparing all the console versions this gen amd next gen and clearly the xbone has the better looking version..son

#657 Posted by Animal-Mother (26772 posts) -

They should have really used the XBox 720 name.

#658 Posted by Zero_epyon (5216 posts) -

@Animal-Mother: They knew what they were doing, that's why they didn't go with it.

#659 Posted by Krelian-co (10670 posts) -

@daveg1 said:

@Krelian-co:

you need to get a grip! theres videos comparing all the console versions this gen amd next gen and clearly the xbone has the better looking version..son

if you say so, son? xD

#660 Edited by I_AM_MEGATRON (374 posts) -

lems, welcome to next-gen

#661 Posted by killerfist (19813 posts) -

Holy shit..dreams-visions

#662 Posted by killerfist (19813 posts) -

Also, can someone explain to me why it isn't possible to have it run at a native 1080p resolution on the xbox?

Are they seriously so far apart in terms of power? Or is it harder to optimize on the xbx (like Ps3 last gen)?

#663 Edited by StormyJoe (5122 posts) -

@majesticshea said:

love how stormy joe never came back to the threAD.

hahaha..... I remember all the times he claimed that games would look the same but run 3 or 5 frames faster on PS4,i told him so many times that the xbox one to keep up with the PS4 will have to give up frames and resolution,and the silly dude didn't want to admit it,look at him now denying it..Thank god some of its post were really easy to find..lol

I am right here. Why are you people still keeping this thread alive? Oh, well...

Why don't you head over to IGN and read the article with Mark Rubin as to why the PS4 is at 1080P and the XB1 is at 720P. Funny, he doesn't mention anything you are talking about, Tormentos.

Oh, wait, you know more that the lead guy at IW... I forgot, sorry...

#664 Edited by tormentos (17704 posts) -

I am right here. Why are you people still keeping this thread alive? Oh, well...

Why don't you head over to IGN and read the article with Mark Rubin as to why the PS4 is at 1080P and the XB1 is at 720P. Funny, he doesn't mention anything you are talking about, Tormentos.

Maybe you should try to understand what he is saying,and start only looking at what it serve you best.

Is all that you've just described the reason the Xbox One version is native 720p and the PS4 version is native 1080p?

Mark Rubin: In a way. I don't know if I can point to one particular cause.

Put me in your shoes when you were told this was going to be the case. I assume your engineering team explains to you this is the way it has to be. How did you guys react internally? Could Microsoft engineers not have helped?

Mark Rubin: It's not a thing, like pointing to the day he came and said... It wasn't like that. It's a long process. And we're always working with both platforms. There were Microsoft engineers there throughout development. They were always there. There wasn't an event, per se. There wasn't a meeting.

Not even with MS own engineers they could tackle the problems the xbox one has,this is funny because MS also has first party games that are 720p like KI which is a damn fighting game.

I know the difference should be frames per second and a little lower resolutions give in,but the xbox one is doing so badly because it has a horde of other problems including OS ones,if you basically read and get what Rubin is trying to do maybe you can get the picture.

He is defending Activision interest they have a brand to protect,one of the biggest now out there,if BF4 was 900p on xbox one and ghost 720p i am sure people would be blaming Activision,but the problem here is that BF4 is also 720p,Rubin even say Titanfall is 720p so he most have hear it as well the xbox one apparently has problems with certain engines and accepts it appears.

He is defending the company and the brand without trowing much mud to MS on the process after all MS is thir biggest partners which they have deals still,but there is a line where any company will defend its brand and tagging Activision teams as lazy or not doing an effort can hurt sales on xbox one.

#665 Edited by StormyJoe (5122 posts) -

@tormentos said:

@StormyJoe said:

Maybe you should try to understand what he is saying,and start only looking at what it serve you best.

Is all that you've just described the reason the Xbox One version is native 720p and the PS4 version is native 1080p?

Mark Rubin: In a way. I don't know if I can point to one particular cause.

Put me in your shoes when you were told this was going to be the case. I assume your engineering team explains to you this is the way it has to be. How did you guys react internally? Could Microsoft engineers not have helped?

Mark Rubin: It's not a thing, like pointing to the day he came and said... It wasn't like that. It's a long process. And we're always working with both platforms. There were Microsoft engineers there throughout development. They were always there. There wasn't an event, per se. There wasn't a meeting.

Not even with MS own engineers they could tackle the problems the xbox one has,this is funny because MS also has first party games that are 720p like KI which is a damn fighting game.

I know the difference should be frames per second and a little lower resolutions give in,but the xbox one is doing so badly because it has a horde of other problems including OS ones,if you basically read and get what Rubin is trying to do maybe you can get the picture.

He is defending Activision interest they have a brand to protect,one of the biggest now out there,if BF4 was 900p on xbox one and ghost 720p i am sure people would be blaming Activision,but the problem here is that BF4 is also 720p,Rubin even say Titanfall is 720p so he most have hear it as well the xbox one apparently has problems with certain engines and accepts it appears.

He is defending the company and the brand without trowing much mud to MS on the process after all MS is thir biggest partners which they have deals still,but there is a line where any company will defend its brand and tagging Activision teams as lazy or not doing an effort can hurt sales on xbox one.

Why don't you read BOTH articles? In the first one, he goes into depth about what those causes were: OS issues, API issues, memory allocation issues, unfamiliarity with the hardware, etc.

He even goes on to say that the next CoD could be 1080P/60FPS on the XB1.

Cherry pick, much????

#666 Edited by tormentos (17704 posts) -

Why don't you read BOTH articles? In the first one, he goes into depth about what those causes were: OS issues, API issues, memory allocation issues, unfamiliarity with the hardware, etc.

Cherry pick, much????

I did and the problem is this the xbox one should be at least running that game at 900p,if the game can't even hit that there is a huge problem.

So now is not only the weaker specs and mess up memory structure,it is also the API and OS,this is funny because a leak talked about those problems and you people refuse to admit it,now you hide under those to claim the advantage is base on that alone so some how latter on parity will be achieve,hell he doesn't even stated that the xbox one will achieve 1080p surely he just can't go there.

Could be is not the same as will be and we already learn that,they did try to get it to 1080p and even with help from MS they could not,saying it was because they don't know the hardware is a joke,who does is new hardware,the same with the PS4,hell didn't Ubisoft claimed the same for the PS4.?

Yes they did got into problems,and The Crew was running with slow down,but they were able to fix it,on this case non FPS maker has been able to,and we are talking about some great coders,Activision team may not be all that but what about Dice,Respawn or even Bungie.? Now rumors are hitting that the PS4 is the definitive version for Destiny could it be also Destiny is 720p.? What will this imply for Halo 5.? Be cause it is apparent that with FPS the xbox one has a big problem.

It is apparent that you don't want to see what is happening here is not one,all FPS on xbox one are gimped to 720p and only Racing,sport and not demanding games can hit 1080p on xbox one.

#667 Posted by StormyJoe (5122 posts) -

@StormyJoe said:

Cherry pick, much????

I did and the problem is this the xbox one should be at least running that game at 900p,if the game can't even hit that there is a huge problem.

So now is not only the weaker specs and mess up memory structure,it is also the API and OS,this is funny because a leak talked about those problems and you people refuse to admit it,now you hide under those to claim the advantage is base on that alone so some how latter on parity will be achieve,hell he doesn't even stated that the xbox one will achieve 1080p surely he just can't go there.

Could be is not the same as will be and we already learn that,they did try to get it to 1080p and even with help from MS they could not,saying it was because they don't know the hardware is a joke,who does is new hardware,the same with the PS4,hell didn't Ubisoft claimed the same for the PS4.?

Yes they did got into problems,and The Crew was running with slow down,but they were able to fix it,on this case non FPS maker has been able to,and we are talking about some great coders,Activision team may not be all that but what about Dice,Respawn or even Bungie.? Now rumors are hitting that the PS4 is the definitive version for Destiny could it be also Destiny is 720p.? What will this imply for Halo 5.? Be cause it is apparent that with FPS the xbox one has a big problem.

It is apparent that you don't want to see what is happening here is not one,all FPS on xbox one are gimped to 720p and only Racing,sport and not demanding games can hit 1080p on xbox one.

Dude, even Rubin says that 1080P/60FPS is possible on the XB1 for the next COD. He fricken says so in the article.

" asked if Xbox One would achieve 1080p with the next instalment in the series. "Very possibly. We put new technology into this game before we even had the consoles. So we had no idea how well that technology was going to work on the consoles. Now that we are finally getting the consoles we can start optimising those features better. So I imagine... for an example, if you look at Call of Duty 2 over Call of Duty 4, which was our next game, it’s a significant improvement."

See, this is why I end up swearing in these forums. You cows pick out what you want from articles, ignore the rest, then present them like you are some know-all authority and what you present represents the entirety of the source.. When, in reality, you are nothing more than a stupid fanboy who half-reads articles looking for a sentance or two that makes you feel good about your company addiction.

#668 Posted by tormentos (17704 posts) -

Dude, even Rubin says that 1080P/60FPS is possible on the XB1 for the next COD. He fricken says so in the article.

" asked if Xbox One would achieve 1080p with the next instalment in the series. "Very possibly. We put new technology into this game before we even had the consoles. So we had no idea how well that technology was going to work on the consoles. Now that we are finally getting the consoles we can start optimising those features better. So I imagine... for an example, if you look at Call of Duty 2 over Call of Duty 4, which was our next game, it’s a significant improvement."

See, this is why I end up swearing in these forums. You cows pick out what you want from articles, ignore the rest, then present them like you are some know-all authority and what you present represents the entirety of the source.. When, in reality, you are nothing more than a stupid fanboy who half-reads articles looking for a sentance or two that makes you feel good about your company addiction.

Is very possible that i get to live 70 years now something different is that i get there,did he confirmed it will be 1080p.?

Hell he is talking about resolution but gives and example that is based on graphics not resolution.

You see how he compare COD2 vs COD 4.?

Hell that i know COD 2 was the only one at 1280x720p every single other COD game on xbox 360 is sub HD,so what are we talking about here.?

Because he is talking about improving resolutions on xbox one,but gives a stupid example i think COD 4 resolution is lower than COD2,if anything he confirmed that the xbox one could be even lower in resolution as time goes on,because they trade resolution for detail.

Call of Duty 3 = 1040x624 (2xAA)
Call of Duty: Black Ops = 1040x608 (2xAA)
Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 = 880x720 (2xAA)
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare = 1024x600 (2xAA)
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 = 1024x600 (2xAA)
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 = 1024x600 (2xAA)
Call of Duty: World at War = 1024x600 (2x AA)

Black ops 2 which is the last one is in deed the worse offender here with 880x720p.

So yeah Rubin just confirmed that the further they go the further COD get gimped resolution wise.

#669 Posted by DannyC_pt (62 posts) -

I wonder how much of Xbox One's processing power is compromised with the management of all the multimedia functionalities that you can switch to in a second - even though you may never want to do it during a gaming session.

And I wonder if that will prove to be a disadvantage when it comes to processing games.

But, hey, I'm no expert...

#670 Posted by StormyJoe (5122 posts) -

@StormyJoe said:

Is very possible that i get to live 70 years now something different is that i get there,did he confirmed it will be 1080p.?

Hell he is talking about resolution but gives and example that is based on graphics not resolution.

Hell that i know COD 2 was the only one at 1280x720p every single other COD game on xbox 360 is sub HD,so what are we talking about here.?

Because he is talking about improving resolutions on xbox one,but gives a stupid example i think COD 4 resolution is lower than COD2,if anything he confirmed that the xbox one could be even lower in resolution as time goes on,because they trade resolution for detail.

Call of Duty 3

= 1040x624 (2xAA)

Call of Duty: Black Ops

= 1040x608 (2xAA)

Call of Duty: Black Ops 2

= 880x720 (2xAA)

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare

= 1024x600 (2xAA)

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

= 1024x600 (2xAA)

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

= 1024x600 (2xAA)

Call of Duty: World at War

= 1024x600 (2x AA)

Black ops 2 which is the last one is in deed the worse offender here with 880x720p.

So yeah Rubin just confirmed that the further they go the further COD get gimped resolution wise.

Really, dude? You know better than the lead guy at Infiniti Ward. That's your response.

Oh wait... now I remember why I stopped replying to your posts! You do EXACTLY what I accuse you of - you cherry pick what you want to read and ignore the rest. Now, you have the audacity to respond to my thread by insinuating you know more than a lead developer at gaming studio? And, not just amy gaming studio, but the gaming studio that puts out arguably the biggest gaming franchises of the past 10 years.

Really, Tormentos?

#671 Posted by MajesticShea (695 posts) -

@tormentos said:

@StormyJoe said:

Call of Duty 3

= 1040x624 (2xAA)

Call of Duty: Black Ops

= 1040x608 (2xAA)

Call of Duty: Black Ops 2

= 880x720 (2xAA)

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare

= 1024x600 (2xAA)

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

= 1024x600 (2xAA)

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

= 1024x600 (2xAA)

Call of Duty: World at War

= 1024x600 (2x AA)

Really, dude? You know better than the lead guy at Infiniti Ward. That's your response.

Oh wait... now I remember why I stopped replying to your posts! You do EXACTLY what I accuse you of - you cherry pick what you want to read and ignore the rest. Now, you have the audacity to respond to my thread by insinuating you know more than a lead developer at gaming studio? And, not just amy gaming studio, but the gaming studio that puts out arguably the biggest gaming franchises of the past 10 years.

Really, Tormentos?

troll.

#672 Posted by ronvalencia (15110 posts) -

@ronvalencia said:

@

1. There's are reasons why 10MB EDRAM didn't deliver the intended 720p target e.g. Halo 3's double HDR frame buffer workaround i.e. issues with GPU's HDR format support.

2. Fill rate works by the GPU's ROPS writing to memory. HSA/uHUMA doesn't improve this type of workloads i.e. you haven't ask this question; does frame buffer workload needs to return to the CPU?.

The dev who claimed 172 GB/s has stated "the fact that the memory operates at around 172GB/s is amazing". From http://gamingbolt.com/oddworld-inhabitants-dev-on-ps4s-8gb-gddr5-ram-fact-that-memory-operates-at-172gbs-is-amazing

Furthermore, PS4's 1600x900p (1,440,000 pixels) doesn't match the results from 7870 GE's 1600x1200 (1,920,000 pixels) and the PC version has yet to apply AMD Mantle nor AMD has finalized the driver i.e. still in beta (number 8).

7870 GE's memory operates around 153 GB/s.

PS4's memory operates around 176 GB/s.

For BF4 running resolution, 7870 GE defeats PS4 i.e. 7870 GE has more compute power from it's CU's 2.56 TFLOPS. 7870 XT is superior to 7870 GE in memory bandwidth, TFLOPS, total CU SRAM storage and wavefront buffer.

7870 XT = peak 192 GB/s GDDR5, 2.995 TFLOPS, 1.535 MB LDS(SRAM), 384 KB L1 cache.

7870 GE = peak 153 GB/s GDDR5, 2.56 TFLOPS, 1.280 MB LDS(SRAM), 320 KB L1 cache.

Your interpretation with "memory operates" shouldn't be in conflict other dev's X1 having superior write performance statements.

PCI-E version 3.0 16 lanes (peak 32 GB/s, 16 GB/s per direction) are more than a match against PS4's CPU-to-GPU (peak 20 GB/s, 10 GB/s per direction), but this doesn't make any major differences since none of the current AMD CPUs supports PCI-E version 3.0 16 lanes (peak 32 GB/s) level I/O. AMD Kaveri APU would be AMD's first PCI-E version 3.0 16 lanes (peak 32 GB/s) level I/O support.

3. Bandwidth alone wouldn't solve X1's issues i.e. effective 32 MB ESRAM usage will require special treatments.

4. Both X1 and PS4 are in sub-1080p BF4 boat. DICE already has stated AO will in the final X1 BF4 build..

5 and 6.

If you scale 7870 GE's 55 fps to 14 CUs, you get 38.5 fps which is very close to 7790's 40 fps result i.e. Pitcairn vs Bonaire codename is just noise for BF4. The CU scaling is similar to Crysis 2's W5000 vs 7850 results.

If you scale 7850's 48 fps to 12 CUs, you get 36 fps which is lower than 7790's 40 fps result.

If you scale 7850's 48 fps to 11 CUs, you get 33 fps which is lower than 7790's 40 fps result. About 20 to 30 fps at 1080p is the expected result for 7770.

If you scale R9-290X's 105 fps to Radeon HD 7970's 32 CUs, you get 76.4 fps which is very close to 7970's 78 fps result.

It seems BF4 can be used to predicate and approximate PC Radeon HD GCN's frame rate at given CU count (with similar clock speed).

Since 7950 has 800Mhz clock speed, if you scale down it's 70 fps to 18 CUs, you get 45.4 fps, hence 1600x900p for PS4.

For BF4, this game is mostly CU bound.

1-Yeah there are reasons why ESRAM isn't working like MS say it will and is giving nothing but problems to developers.

2-The PS4 doesn't need to copy and paste constantly like the 5870 does,they don't even use the same GCN your memory claims were pulled from your ass,and since there is a developer saying is getting 172GB/s it basically destroy your argument of GDDR5 not performing well.

3-Yes that is what i have been saying for month and you have been saying other wise,but but 204GB/s,133GB alpha,256 bit bus rings a bell.? It turn out 32MB is not enough for 1080p with some effects,so it has to be gimped the resolution,i am sure this is something that is giving problems for a long time since it was leaks months and months ago.

4-Yeah the xbox one is on the 720p boat while the S4 is on the 900p one,we all know 900p > 720p,worse still the xbox one version is as much as 14 FPS slower in some intense parts that is sad,and without AO implemented which would hit the xbox one frame rate even more and you know it since AO has a hit on performance.

The problem here is simple and like DF claims the xbox one is under performing below its own specs,the xbox one is 1.18 TF you really spec to much from that,i have told you the xbox one will never reach the same results running games than a 7790 even that the 7790 has less bandwidth,because the xbox one lack the power,so you can saturate the 7790 with its power,but for the xbox one you can't do the same the power it has is not enough,the xbox one officially has more bandwidth than it needs.

I know things will improve but so will for the PS4 once compute is bring into the picture.

1. MS only stated it's real life bandwidth (140 GB/s to 150 GB/s) and implied with tiled resource demos (e.g. 16 MB VRAM demo).

2. the PC doesn't any major issues with GPU workloads that heads via one direction e.g. color fill rates or pure visual effects. http://www.slideshare.net/zlatan4177/gpgpu-algorithms-in-games

From http://gamingbolt.com/oddworld-inhabitants-dev-on-ps4s-8gb-gddr5-ram-fact-that-memory-operates-at-172gbs-is-amazing

It means we don’t have to worry so much about stuff, the fact that the memory operates at around 172GB/s is amazing

5870's memory operate around 153.6 GB/s.

Secondly, your interpretation is in conflict with X1's having superior memory writes from devs (e.g. AY and anon devs).

3. higher memory bandwdith would not help if the shader programs fits within the CUs and it's CU bound. Refer to BF4's 7870 GE (memory operates around 153 GB/s) result vs PS4 (memory operates around 176 GB/s). BF4's 7870 GE > PS4.

4. I don't care about X1.

#673 Posted by KratosDrake (44 posts) -

PS4 is flat out better than Xbox One.

#674 Edited by Caseytappy (2132 posts) -

The MS cloud contains mainly lies, smoke and mirrors to hide that they cheaped out on the hardware to maximize profits .

Imaginary bottles of secret sauce, a secret second cpu that was never found, magic up scalers that end up being the exact same as in the PS4 GPU triggered by websites that don't know how to capture video from the new gen systems and last but not least just a little sniff off embedded ESRam to save the day but that ends up being so small it can't hold 1080P textures and provides more problems than that it's useful .

#675 Posted by tormentos (17704 posts) -

@daveg1 said:

@Krelian-co:

lol...My god... denial..

#676 Edited by tormentos (17704 posts) -

Really, Tormentos?

NO i don't i know all his COD games are sub HD and that as the generation when on there was no improvements in resolution period is there in black and white look it up,non COD game after COD 2 is 720p native on xbox 360,so yeah they improve the graphics by gimping the resolution,the only one on that list that was 720p native was COD 2.

I didn't cherry pic i owned your sorry a$$ over and that is why you stopped replying,see now how many times i told you that for the xbox one to keep up it will have to give up something.? How many.?

How many times i told you it would have to give resolution or frames to be on par.? This is basic math the GPU with more power runs better it is like that on that GCN line,it was stupid to actually think other wise fallowing the line of fanboysm.

No mater what excuse you make COD is 720p,so is BF4 and Titanfall as well confirmed by your lovable Rubin,but you know what he really did there by naming Titanfall.? He just took a jab at one game he know is competition,and before people started to say maybe Titanfall is 1080p lets wait for it and forget about Ghost,he actually shoot that notion down and call Titanfall 720p..lol

But i guess you did not see that right.?

Keep waiting for those 1080p graphics on xbox one for COD,you apparently don't know how huge the gap is between 1080p and 720p in actual power.

1. MS only stated it's real life bandwidth (140 GB/s to 150 GB/s) and implied with tiled resource demos (e.g. 16 MB VRAM demo).

2. the PC doesn't any major issues with GPU workloads that heads via one direction e.g. color fill rates or pure visual effects. http://www.slideshare.net/zlatan4177/gpgpu-algorithms-in-games

From http://gamingbolt.com/oddworld-inhabitants-dev-on-ps4s-8gb-gddr5-ram-fact-that-memory-operates-at-172gbs-is-amazing

It means we don’t have to worry so much about stuff, the fact that the memory operates at around 172GB/s is amazing

Secondly, your interpretation is in conflict with X1's having superior memory writes from devs (e.g. AY and anon devs).

3. higher memory bandwdith would not help if the shader programs fits within the CUs and it's CU bound. Refer to BF4's 7870 GE (memory operates around 153 GB/s) result vs PS4 (memory operates around 176 GB/s). BF4's 7870 GE > PS4.

Hahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa..... After endless arguments secret sauces and endless chart posting Ronvalencia claims he doesn't care about the xbox one...hahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Oh brother imagine if you really care...lol

I guess that 720p vs 1080p gap make you drop your lemming suit faster than the speed of light..hahaha

#677 Posted by StormyJoe (5122 posts) -

@StormyJoe said:

Really, Tormentos?

NO i don't i know all his COD games are sub HD and that as the generation when on there was no improvements in resolution period is there in black and white look it up,non COD game after COD 2 is 720p native on xbox 360,so yeah they improve the graphics by gimping the resolution,the only one on that list that was 720p native was COD 2.

I didn't cherry pic i owned your sorry a$$ over and that is why you stopped replying,see now how many times i told you that for the xbox one to keep up it will have to give up something.? How many.?

How many times i told you it would have to give resolution or frames to be on par.? This is basic math the GPU with more power runs better it is like that on that GCN line,it was stupid to actually think other wise fallowing the line of fanboysm.

No mater what excuse you make COD is 720p,so is BF4 and Titanfall as well confirmed by your lovable Rubin,but you know what he really did there by naming Titanfall.? He just took a jab at one game he know is competition,and before people started to say maybe Titanfall is 1080p lets wait for it and forget about Ghost,he actually shoot that notion down and call Titanfall 720p..lol

Keep waiting for those 1080p graphics on xbox one for COD,you apparently don't know how huge the gap is between 1080p and 720p in actual power.

@ronvalencia said:

Hahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa..... After endless arguments secret sauces and endless chart posting Ronvalencia claims he doesn't care about the xbox one...hahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

I guess that 720p vs 1080p gap make you drop your lemming suit faster than the speed of light..hahaha

Whatever, Tormentos. the fricken head guy at IW says he thinks they can hit 1080p/60FPS. I am a wee bit more inclinded to go along with what HE says rather than what YOU say.

#678 Posted by ronvalencia (15110 posts) -

@

@tormentos said:

@StormyJoe said:

Really, Tormentos?

@ronvalencia said:

Whatever, Tormentos. the fricken head guy at IW says he thinks they can hit 1080p/60FPS. I am a wee bit more inclinded to go along with what HE says rather than what YOU say.

Tormentos failed to understand the principles from http://http.developer.nvidia.com/GPUGems/gpugems_ch28.html

Different games has difference workload profiles e.g. some games are CU bound like BF4** and some games may not be CU bound. All dev statements are mostly true for their games and not be applicable for other games.

***WIth BF4, I can estimate frame rates via GCN's CU count, which roughly matches the actual GCN models and their CU count.

At Tormentos:

My views are still the same when I was pro-NVidia CUDA vs PS3/IBM CELL era. Note why I still refer to NVIDIA links and still have NVIDIA CUDA era marketing slides in my photobucket account..

I was never been a Lem nor planning on purchasing garden wall boxes. LOL

Btw; I own Sony HDTV 46 inch and Sony Vaio laptop, hence I'm not anti-Sony.