Official: CoD - Ghosts 1080p on PS4, 720p on XOne.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#451 Edited by Greatness05 (1272 posts) -

@CR00K said:

@Greatness05 said:

lmao it looks like this got some of y'all dicks hard the way y'all on here celebrating. #ThatVirginLife

I find this thread and it's content hilarious. #ANDigetmine

lmao riiiiiight.

#452 Posted by ohgeez (910 posts) -

@superclocked said:

@tormentos: Both the PS4 and XB1 versions had post process AA in the comparison videos, and AO has since been added to the XB1 version. The XB1 version also has sharper textures, thanks to the scalar chip. Distant objects are what looks noticeably better on the PS4 version, since it runs at a higher resolution...

Then AA doesn't work on xbox one or 720p is just killing it the jaggies problems is severe as several gift show,

NO AO hasn't been added dude and if it was it wasn't show on the video show,it had no AO and still was running as much as 14 FPS slower with AO it will be even slower,AO has a performance hit.

The xbox one has so call sharper version because the videos been compare are 720p native on xbox one,the PS4 ones are 1080p from native 900p,upscale that 720p xbox version to 1080p and tell me that again.

I'm pretty sure digital foundry clarified that AO will be added in the final version of BF4 for xbone but wasn't in the footage they captured.

Interestingly enough, the excessive lens flare and high contrast that people find esthetically appealing about the xbone footage won't be present in the release (due to capture error and lack of AO).

Personally, I do not trust their comparison whatsoever as they have admitted that it isn't representative of the final product. People should wait for release footage

#453 Posted by ShepardCommandr (2419 posts) -
#454 Posted by Floppy_Jim (25597 posts) -

Sony Deutschland are already rubbing it in. Mein Gott!

#455 Posted by tormentos (17122 posts) -

lol, you come up with some stuff. Both versions do use the same post process AA, and they said that both have AO now, too. And both systems were running at 1080p, and captured in 1080p/60 lossless format. Unless they did some optimization to several parts of the engine, then the XBox One version is indeed going to run even slower with AO on..

It doesn't matter to me either way, as I'll be getting BF4 for my PC. Hell, I'm not even going to keep the XB1 Day One that I preordered after hearing the 720p vs 1080p COD Ghosts news. Microsoft screwed up royally by making a weaker system that's also more expensive...

The video shown did not had AO period and was confirmed to be added latter on no dude the xbox one version was 720p native running at 720p not 1080p stop inventing lies and agreeing with every moron who claim something false already saw that theory on better textures that you have because of the xbox one scaler i already read that one of neogaf and is false fact is DF mess with the PS4 version and it show on videos that are not from DF,in fact it was other videos from other sites what make DF came with the whole excuse to begin with.

So yeah once AO is implemented the xbox one version of BF4 should run even slower than the PS4 one.

If you are too dumb/ignorant to read the links I posted, that's your problem, not mine.

But but the games on xbox one games will look the same and be the same resolution...lol

#456 Posted by tormentos (17122 posts) -

@ohgeez said:

I'm pretty sure digital foundry clarified that AO will be added in the final version of BF4 for xbone but wasn't in the footage they captured.

Interestingly enough, the excessive lens flare and high contrast that people find esthetically appealing about the xbone footage won't be present in the release (due to capture error and lack of AO).

Personally, I do not trust their comparison whatsoever as they have admitted that it isn't representative of the final product. People should wait for release footage

Yes and if you read carefully i wasn't arguing that BF4 will never get AO on xbox one,but that it will receive a hit on performance by it,AO is not implemented yet on xbox one,but still the xbox one version has lower frames than the PS4 so when AO is implemented on xbox one it will be even further behind in frames, AO has a hit to performance.

#459 Posted by aroxx_ab (9276 posts) -

...and 1200p on my PC kkthxbai :P

#460 Posted by Joedgabe (5110 posts) -

who wants to play COD at max resolution anyways? to see all the jaggy textures... dear god.... COD is best played on the weakest sause that way there's an excuse for it's bad graphics. So Wii U is the best version.

#461 Posted by StormyJoe (4901 posts) -

@superclocked said:

lol, you come up with some stuff. Both versions do use the same post process AA, and they said that both have AO now, too. And both systems were running at 1080p, and captured in 1080p/60 lossless format. Unless they did some optimization to several parts of the engine, then the XBox One version is indeed going to run even slower with AO on..

It doesn't matter to me either way, as I'll be getting BF4 for my PC. Hell, I'm not even going to keep the XB1 Day One that I preordered after hearing the 720p vs 1080p COD Ghosts news. Microsoft screwed up royally by making a weaker system that's also more expensive...

The video shown did not had AO period and was confirmed to be added latter on no dude the xbox one version was 720p native running at 720p not 1080p stop inventing lies and agreeing with every moron who claim something false already saw that theory on better textures that you have because of the xbox one scaler i already read that one of neogaf and is false fact is DF mess with the PS4 version and it show on videos that are not from DF,in fact it was other videos from other sites what make DF came with the whole excuse to begin with.

So yeah once AO is implemented the xbox one version of BF4 should run even slower than the PS4 one.

@StormyJoe said:

If you are too dumb/ignorant to read the links I posted, that's your problem, not mine.

But but the games on xbox one games will look the same and be the same resolution...lol

STOP putting words in my mouth. I never said "look the same and be the same resolution". I said "they will look about the same".

#462 Posted by Krelian-co (10385 posts) -

Sony Deutschland are already rubbing it in. Mein Gott!

buuurn

#463 Posted by waltefmoney (18030 posts) -
#464 Edited by superclocked (5823 posts) -

@tormentos said:

@superclocked said:

Oo.. That's what I've been trying to tell you from the beginning, that the XB1 version got AO after the video aired. Also, the XB1 version was captured at 1080p, not 720p. And, DF said that they made a mistake with the black levels on the XB1 version, but that the PS4 version was exactly as it was supposed to be...

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-battlefield-4-face-off-qa

"The big question - did Digital Foundry botch its Battlefield 4 captures?

We've now examined Xbox One and PlayStation 4 game and UI/dashboard elements and have concluded that the equipment did exactly what was asked of it - it acquired digital video in a mathematically lossless format at 1080p60, in the full range RGB (0-255) colourspace. Dashboards and control panels were all set accordingly to match the requirements of the equipment. We're now satisfied that the captures on PS4 and PC are exactly as they should be - digitally lossless transmissions of what came out of the hardware."

#465 Posted by Dreams-Visions (26569 posts) -

http://www.edge-online.com/features/ps4-vs-xbox-one-in-praise-of-the-ludicrous-magnificent-resolution-wars/

EDGE magazine, one of the most popular and respected gaming publications in the world, makes fun of NeoGAF and Sony fanboys for making the resolution difference into such a big deal.

lol, Edge. 125% more pixels and more effects = small differences.

Why is some of the media so desperate to downplay the differences here? Don't say nobody will notice, because they will. Don't say the difference is small because it isn't.

Game will be fun at any resolution, but that doesn't mean that the differences aren't there and that they don't speak to the apparent power differences between the platforms.

#466 Posted by X_CAPCOM_X (6067 posts) -

@CR00K said:

@Greatness05 said:

lmao it looks like this got some of y'all dicks hard the way y'all on here celebrating. #ThatVirginLife

lmao riiiiiight.

Calling gamers virgins... a timeless insult.

Heartwarming, but unoriginal.

#467 Edited by Joedgabe (5110 posts) -
#468 Posted by waltefmoney (18030 posts) -

@waltefmoney said:

http://www.edge-online.com/features/ps4-vs-xbox-one-in-praise-of-the-ludicrous-magnificent-resolution-wars/

EDGE magazine, one of the most popular and respected gaming publications in the world, makes fun of NeoGAF and Sony fanboys for making the resolution difference into such a big deal.

lol, Edge. 125% more pixels and more effects = small differences.

Why is some of the media so desperate to downplay the differences here? Don't say nobody will notice, because they will. Don't say the difference is small because it isn't.

Game will be fun at any resolution, but that doesn't mean that the differences aren't there and that they don't speak to the apparent power differences between the platforms.

They are right to downplay it kinda. First of all it's not that big of a deal. Both versions are identical in terms of everything except resolution. Second of all having some 720p games at launch does not translate to having an entire gen of 720p games. 90% of Xbox One games will run way above that. Next years CoD will most likely be 1080p on both platforms. Either way a ridiculous reaction deserves a ridiculous article written about it so getting mad at Edge would be silly.

#469 Edited by AMD655 (4495 posts) -

LOL 720p on a COD game for next gen, that is simply atrocious.

#471 Posted by Heil68 (43465 posts) -

@AMD655 said:

Luckily SONY has given us the most powerful video game console ever created and it can support true 1080p for this all important game.

By gamers, for gamers, the SONY way.

#472 Posted by waltefmoney (18030 posts) -
#473 Posted by StormyJoe (4901 posts) -
#474 Posted by Greatness05 (1272 posts) -

@Greatness05 said:

@CR00K said:

@Greatness05 said:

lmao riiiiiight.

I wasn't insulting gamers. I was insulting fanboys and groupies that are on here having erections over 3rd party devs having a hard time programing for a new console that was modified a month ago even though the games look the same as the do on the ps4 and Ryse looks better than everything on the ps4 that I've seen so far.

#475 Posted by StormyJoe (4901 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

@AMD655 said:

Luckily SONY has given us the most powerful video game console ever created and it can support true 1080p for this all important game.

LOL! Cows...

#476 Posted by BIOKILLER123 (570 posts) -
#477 Edited by Heil68 (43465 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

@AMD655 said:

LOL! Cows...

What in my statement is false? Nothing? K! lmao

#478 Posted by AMD655 (4495 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

@StormyJoe said:

@Heil68 said:

@AMD655 said:

LOL! Cows...

IKR and i am a Hermit? LOL

#479 Edited by Heil68 (43465 posts) -

@AMD655 said:

@Heil68 said:

@StormyJoe said:

@Heil68 said:

@AMD655 said:

LOL! Cows...

IKR and i am a Hermit? LOL

you KNOW if ti was the other way around ol' Stormy Joe would be praising MS, but if Sony does something right it just gets dismissed. Sad.

#480 Posted by StormyJoe (4901 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

@StormyJoe said:

@Heil68 said:

@AMD655 said:

LOL! Cows...

Did I say they were false? No... Still, a wee bit too much fanboy in that post, don't you think?

#481 Posted by Couth_ (10016 posts) -

I wasn't insulting gamers. I was insulting fanboys and groupies that are on here having erections over 3rd party devs having a hard time programing for a new console that was modified a month ago even though the games look the same as the do on the ps4 and Ryse looks better than everything on the ps4 that I've seen so far.

They aren't having a hard time programming a new console.. The Xbox One GPU can't hit 1080p at 60fps in most games that is not going to change over the course of the generation...That's not fanboy son that's fact... They use the same assets but the difference between resolution between 720p and 1080p is 1.2 million pixels. 720 is only .9million, 1080 is 2.1 million. That's not fanboy that's fact

#482 Edited by Heil68 (43465 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

@StormyJoe said:

@Heil68 said:

@AMD655 said:

LOL! Cows...

Did I say they were false? No... Still, a wee bit too much fanboy in that post, don't you think?

You aren't excited about your Xbone purchase? Why cant SONY fans feel excited over theirs. It's the LOVE you're missing Joe. But to show no ill will, a friend request sent. I LOVE you.

#483 Edited by Martin_G_N (1700 posts) -

Had there been some hidden power in the X1 that was hard for devs to utilize like with the PS3 in the beginning, I would have understood the differences. But the hardware is very similar this time, and this just proves that the difference in power is bigger between the X1 and PS4 compared to the PS3 and X360.

Sure, most multiplats will be the same gameplay wise, but that is just until devs start to push the PS4, utilizing the extra compute power it has. We know how good Sony's first party devs are at getting the most out of the hardware. As the gen progresses, advanced physics, animation, and graphical effects, will drag performance down on both consoles, and that will not turn out well for the X1. We may see games below 720p.

#484 Edited by Dreams-Visions (26569 posts) -

#485 Posted by Heil68 (43465 posts) -
#486 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (13447 posts) -

We all know what the xbone will be primarily used for anyway. 720p for most games won't be a problem.

#487 Posted by kingoflife9 (1987 posts) -

How can anyone justify an Xbox One purchase? All of its games look current gen.

#488 Posted by rbamsey (112 posts) -

I thought skyping with a dog was funny but this... this.... is FUNNY

#489 Edited by Greatness05 (1272 posts) -

@Couth_ said:

@Greatness05 said:

They aren't having a hard time programming a new console.. The Xbox One GPU can't hit 1080p at 60fps in most games that is not going to change over the course of the generation...That's not fanboy son that's fact... They use the same assets but the difference between resolution between 720p and 1080p is 1.2 million pixels. 720 is only .9million, 1080 is 2.1 million. That's not fanboy that's fact

That's fanboy son not fact at all. especially since everybody including "the great" cboat said that devs are having problems but it'll get better down the line. hell battlefield devs even said that shit. come on man, just cuz the Sony Roaches say it don't mean it's a fact.

#490 Posted by ReadingRainbow4 (13447 posts) -

@Couth_ said:

@Greatness05 said:

That's fanboy son not fact at all. especially since everybody including "the great" cboat said that devs are having problems but it'll get better down the line. hell battlefield devs even said that shit. come on man, just cuz the Sony Roaches say it don't mean it's a fact.

Roaches?

#491 Edited by Greatness05 (1272 posts) -

@Greatness05 said:

@Couth_ said:

@Greatness05 said:

Roaches?

that's what they call Sony fanboys in Japan.

#492 Edited by NineTailedGoku (1927 posts) -
#493 Posted by ReadingRainbow4 (13447 posts) -

Holy shit!

It's over son, it's done.

#494 Edited by NineTailedGoku (1927 posts) -

@Joedgabe said:

@waltefmoney said:

Hasn't edge been constantly criticized to being too biased towards xbox ?

http://i.imgur.com/xrD8v1I.jpg

Look at all that criticism.

Dude, who do you think you're fooling. Edge has been pro Xbox for years. Securing subscriptions with PS gamers when it looks like Xbox was doomed to fail doesn't mean they're neutral. Xbox One was the most hated device in 2013 after the DRM was explained. Without DRM and insurance of Xbox's demise, they changed their tune back to their true nature.

#495 Edited by StormyJoe (4901 posts) -

Had there been some hidden power in the X1 that was hard for devs to utilize like with the PS3 in the beginning, I would have understood the differences. But the hardware is very similar this time, and this just proves that the difference in power is bigger between the X1 and PS4 compared to the PS3 and X360.

Sure, most multiplats will be the same gameplay wise, but that is just until devs start to push the PS4, utilizing the extra compute power it has. We know how good Sony's first party devs are at getting the most out of the hardware. As the gen progresses, advanced physics, animation, and graphical effects, will drag performance down on both consoles, and that will not turn out well for the X1. We may see games below 720p.

I don't believe that IW used the ESRAM of the XB1. I don't know if that will make a difference, though.

#496 Edited by Couth_ (10016 posts) -

@Greatness05 said:

@Couth_ said:

@Greatness05 said:

The assets will improve, but the resolution wont. The PC equivalent of the xbox GPU: HD 7770, simply cannot hit 60fps in 1080p in most modern games. It is right around 30 frames at 1080p, and will approaches 60 frames as either the settings are toned down (to medium or less) and or the resolution is notched down (to 720). Games on the consoles will obviously improve in textures and assets as the gen goes on, but the Xbox One simply does not have the juice to push 1920x1080 pixels in these hq games. That is not going to change over time. Any PC gamer knows the power requirement in going from 720p to 1080p is massive. Xbox One basically has to choose between 720p60fps or 1080p 30fps

For the record, PS4 equivalent (7850/7870) is right around 60fps in most games at 1080p.. It falls right in line with what is going on.. Like I said, games will improve with visuals. Textures will improve, assets will improve, but this resolution/frame rate combo you will get for the entire gen... Do some research on the 7770 if you don't wanna listen to fanboys.. The proof is out there. The power just isnt there in the xbone..

#497 Posted by Douevenlift_bro (5035 posts) -

@X_CAPCOM_X said:

@Greatness05 said:

@CR00K said:

@Greatness05 said:

lmao riiiiiight.

So you insulted..yourself?

#498 Edited by Greatness05 (1272 posts) -

@Couth_ said:

@Greatness05 said:

@Couth_ said:

@Greatness05 said:

The assets will improve, but the resolution wont. The PC equivalent of the xbox GPU: HD 7770, simply cannot hit 60fps in 1080p in most modern games. It is right around 30 frames at 1080p, and will approaches 60 frames as either the settings are toned down (to medium or less) and or the resolution is notched down (to 720). Games on the consoles will obviously improve in textures and assets as the gen goes on, but the Xbox One simply does not have the juice to push 1920x1080 pixels in these hq games. That is not going to change over time. Any PC gamer knows the power requirement in going from 720p to 1080p is massive. Xbox One basically has to choose between 720p60fps or 1080p 30fps

For the record, PS4 equivalent (7850/7870) is right around 60fps in most games at 1080p.. It falls right in line with what is going on.. Like I said, games will improve with visuals. Textures will improve, assets will improve, but this resolution/frame rate combo you will get for the entire gen... Do some research on the 7770 if you don't wanna listen to fanboys.. The proof is out there. The power just isnt there in the xbone..

and yet somehow Forza is 1080/60. look man, pc specs and console specs are completely different and u still not accounting for the esram. devs will learn how to use it better over time.

#499 Posted by Douevenlift_bro (5035 posts) -

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@Greatness05 said:

@Couth_ said:

@Greatness05 said:

Roaches?

that's what they call Sony fanboys in Japan.

He just gave you factual numbers but you'd rather blame it on devs and hope of hidden power? You're special lol.

You're a fanboy.

#500 Posted by BPoole96 (22784 posts) -

@Couth_ said:

@Greatness05 said:

@Couth_ said:

@Greatness05 said:

and yet somehow Forza is 1080/60. look man, pc specs and console specs are completely different and u still not accounting for the esram. devs will learn how to use it better over time.

Racing games are easy as hell to run. Everyone knows this. Look at how shitty CoD: Ghosts looks and face reality that XBone can't even run that at a resolution that has been around for a decade.