Official: CoD - Ghosts 1080p on PS4, 720p on XOne.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Truth_Hurts_U

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#51 Truth_Hurts_U
Member since 2006 • 9703 Posts

LOL, it really is the Xbone.

What a POS.

Made with Kinect and apps in mind... Not games.

Dreams-Visions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 Dreams-Visions
Member since 2006 • 26578 Posts

@percech said:

I don't understand why a terrible looking game is rendering at 720p while there are much better looking games on the XONE in higher resolutions? Rushed game?

TBH, Ryse is the only game that looks objectively better and is above 720p. And it's not 1080p either.

The sports games can render higher because they're in enclosed areas (arenas) and only have to render the players in decent detail. Whereas, the majority of PS4 launch titles are 1080p.

-Damien-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#53 -Damien-
Member since 2004 • 5355 Posts

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@-Damien- said:

Bone = 720Box

PS4 = The new member of Master Race Club

The master race kids table.

LOL.....ok I admit that's funny, ........low blow, but funny

TruthArisen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 TruthArisen
Member since 2013 • 403 Posts

Wonder Woman sighs.

"I do not, normally, call upon sw meme's to express my emotions. But, would TLHBO suffice in this situation?"

PhazonBlazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 PhazonBlazer
Member since 2007 • 12013 Posts

Xbox 360-720p 60 FPS

Xbone-720p 60 FPS

kek

shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 shawn30
Member since 2006 • 4409 Posts

@NineTailedGoku said:

@shawn30 said:

@Desmonic said:

Wow...that really is sad...even in 1080p it looks like a current gen game. Man those X1 drivers and tool must be completely f*cked (like most rumours have said in the past week). Hope MS get's it together soon enough!

Whats worse is, when you look at Ryse and Forza 5, that makes IW look like they have no clue what they are doing on the One. I hope we get comparison videos soon. But still its good he just said it and its out there with no BS or waiting or any of that. Now show us the game.

Thats because XO is a piece of shit to work with. I wouldn't get my hopes up for many more 1080p games. Ryse has small environments, while detailed, it shouldn't be hard to get it running higher than 720p. Same for Forza, I mean its a racing game, not much is going on. I think we can forget about open world games going beyond 720p on XO.

Lol, dude many of the most reliable sources have already stated we will see more 1080p games once the tools mature. There are 1080p games at launch and more coming, so try again, lol. You're cherry picking why games that either do run at 080 or 900 upscaled aren't reliable examples, which is complete BS. But again if the game sucks then you have a superior sucky game? Not saying CoD does, but with Ryse, Forza, and even now BF4 as a graphics showcase, the One will be fine. The PS4 is more powerful so it will hit 1080p easier and more often. But just like the BF4 footage, you may wanna wait until you see it moving before going to wild. I'm a CoD fan and will likely get this in early December provided the framerate is stable. The 720 resolution, I wish it was higher, but as a launch game the world won't end.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#58  Edited By lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@Floppy_Jim said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

I know it's bad to keep picking on this guy, but holy shit this is funny. Dudes about to be placed in a straight jacket and thrown in the back of a white van.

https://twitter.com/PNF4LYFE

Sorry XBOunity, consequences will never be the same.

Fakeboy or....autistic?

maybe his capslock key got stuck?

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

@Floppy_Jim said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

I know it's bad to keep picking on this guy, but holy shit this is funny. Dudes about to be placed in a straight jacket and thrown in the back of a white van.

Fakeboy or....autistic?

I'd like to imagine the former but probably the later.

NineTailedGoku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 NineTailedGoku
Member since 2012 • 1977 Posts

@shawn30 said:

Lol, the lot of you canceling pre-orders.... one look at posting history says it all :)

Well we had the resolution rumors over the weekend. I guess now CoD isnt complete trash that is the same game on the same engine for the last ten years. Now its a killer app cause the PS4 runs at the higher resolution, right :) Gotta love Cow consitency.

Paranoid much? Who even said that? Also,the fact that the engine isn't impressive and still runs at 720p is even worse for XO. If youre trying to damage control, youre doing it wrong. I don't think any amount of damage control is going to help at any rate. You're just gonna have to buckle down in the storm bro.

Dreams-Visions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Dreams-Visions

@35cent said:

Shame it isn't native 1080p on both, but if they look the same (and they probably will) who cares.

Have you ever played a PC game on a 1080p screen at 720p then switched it to 1080p?

"look the same" is unlikely. The PS4 version will be noticably sharper, have significantly less jaggies. Details will be crisp and will not turn into blurry/pixelated messes at a distance.

going from 720p to 1080p is a night and day difference, tbh.

Giancar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Giancar
Member since 2006 • 19159 Posts

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

He is more an attention seeker than a MS fanboy. That´s what I see from him.

TheTruthIsREAL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 TheTruthIsREAL
Member since 2013 • 813 Posts

Sucks for Xbone users but they got titan fall to look foward to. I doubt they'll waste their time on milked franchise such as this.

shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By shawn30

@Gatman32 said:

They still look exactly the same to me. Same with BF4, People say the X1 version of that looks better. I cant really see the differences though. People nitpick too much.

Same, I agree. And whats worse, this thread and the BF4 one will rage for pages and pages... and BF4 flopped as a game overall no matter the graphics. Are we really arguing over games that are flopping as an actual game just cause we want to scream our resolution is higher?

Dreams-Visions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Dreams-Visions

@TheTruthIsREAL said:

Sucks for Xbone users but they got titan fall to look foward to. I doubt they'll waste their time on milked franchise such as this.

Call of Duty still sells systems for the Dudebro crowd. One look at the sales figures affirms that.

BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 BPoole96
Member since 2008 • 22818 Posts

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#67  Edited By k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts

Aright lems on the slaughter belt

Promised_Trini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Promised_Trini
Member since 2008 • 3651 Posts

Lol at all the Ass hurt that is gonna come into this thread.

inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#69 inggrish
Member since 2005 • 10502 Posts

Difference between PS4/X1 this gen seems to be larger than difference 360/PS3 last gen.

-Damien-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 -Damien-
Member since 2004 • 5355 Posts

@BPoole96 said:

take the picture after you confirm

NineTailedGoku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 NineTailedGoku

Blackace on suicide watch

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

lol xbone 720p cant do a source game engine at 1080p, going to be a fun gen.

brace yourselves, excuses are comming

Truth_Hurts_U

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Truth_Hurts_U
Member since 2006 • 9703 Posts

@_Matt_ said:

Difference between PS4/X1 this gen seems to be larger than difference 360/PS3 last gen.

So much for the MS lies of balanced power and cloud processing.

Sushiglutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Sushiglutton
Member since 2009 • 9853 Posts

@TheTruthIsREAL said: Sucks for Xbone users but they got titan fall to look foward to. I doubt they'll waste their time on milked franchise such as this.

This isn't just about COD though. This is a clear indication that X1 will have the worst version of every multiplat for the next decade. Even the casuals will realize this. MS is in trouble.

donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#76  Edited By donalbane
Member since 2003 • 16383 Posts

Wow... that's surprising considering it's not even a new engine. Well, like I've said a dozen times already, consoles are for playing exclusives, PCs are for multiplats. (Not that I would play Ghosts if it were free, but the point stands.)

shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 shawn30

@NineTailedGoku said:

@shawn30 said:

@Desmonic said:

Wow...that really is sad...even in 1080p it looks like a current gen game. Man those X1 drivers and tool must be completely f*cked (like most rumours have said in the past week). Hope MS get's it together soon enough!

Whats worse is, when you look at Ryse and Forza 5, that makes IW look like they have no clue what they are doing on the One. I hope we get comparison videos soon. But still its good he just said it and its out there with no BS or waiting or any of that. Now show us the game.

Thats because XO is a piece of shit to work with. I wouldn't get my hopes up for many more 1080p games. Ryse has small environments, while detailed, it shouldn't be hard to get it running higher than 720p. Same for Forza, I mean its a racing game, not much is going on. I think we can forget about open world games going beyond 720p on XO.

And yet all the PS4 games aren't 1080p, a few have been delayed at launch, and you have the weakest launch line-up. Titanfall gets rave reviews all around, Ryse graphically is a beats, and Forza 5 is getting great previews. The One is harder to develop for, and weaker than the PS4. But its far from shit just cause this game doesnt hit 1080p. Looking at BF4 and Ryse and Forza it starts looking like IW isn't doing well as a dev. I mean we saw footage of Cod on the PS4 last week and it was universally panned as crap, lol. So are we fighting over crap?

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 ReadingRainbow4

Alberto you have some splainin to do!

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#79 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

Becoming increasingly difficult to defend the Xbox One. Xbox One fanboys only option is to lash out at the PS4.

shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By shawn30

@Sushiglutton said:

@TheTruthIsREAL said: Sucks for Xbone users but they got titan fall to look foward to. I doubt they'll waste their time on milked franchise such as this.

This isn't just about COD though. This is a clear indication that X1 will have the worst version of every multiplat for the next decade. Even the casuals will realize this. MS is in trouble.

That post is beyond stupid. A 10 year prediction based off one multiplat? Lol Cows

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 ReadingRainbow4

@shawn30 said:

@Sushiglutton said:

That post is beyond stupid. A 10 year prediction based off one multiplat? Lol Cows

What about bf4?

shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By shawn30

@Floppy_Jim said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

Fakeboy or....autistic?

Yeah, that dude crazy. He acts like he is 12 most of the time.

35cent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By 35cent
Member since 2008 • 934 Posts

@Dreams-Visions said:

@35cent said:

Shame it isn't native 1080p on both, but if they look the same (and they probably will) who cares.

Have you ever played a PC game on a 1080p screen at 720p then switched it to 1080p?

"look the same" is unlikely. The PS4 version will be noticably sharper, have significantly less jaggies. Details will be crisp and will not turn into blurry/pixelated messes at a distance.

Yep I have and the difference is big, but it's upscaled so it won't be outputting in 720p quality (if that's how upscalers work). I'm only saying it because other games have had resolution disparities between them and I haven't been able to tell the difference between them although the gap between 1080p and 720p sound too large for this to happen.

But then again, I don't a lot about computers, let alone the xbox one so I can't know what I'm talking about really. Long story short, I'm waiting to see actual footage (preferably in the flesh) before I say if this makes a big difference or not.

EDIT: I just noticed that this is my 720th post :p

Sushiglutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By Sushiglutton
Member since 2009 • 9853 Posts

@shawn30 said:

@Sushiglutton said:

BF and COD are two of the biggest franchises in the world with top engineers working in each team. I don't think there could possibly be a better basis for predicting how the upcoming gen will be.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 StormyJoe
Member since 2011 • 7806 Posts

A lot of hoopla over something that 90% of console gamers will never be able to notice.

Cows going to go crazy over this, though. I guess I will give them their day.

TheRealBigRich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By TheRealBigRich
Member since 2010 • 784 Posts

I know this is going to seem like DC but the ps3 has had the worst versions of games for the whole generation and cows never seemed to have a problem with it. I just want to see what the difference is between the two because at this point just based off of BF4 the difference while there isn't big enough to cancel preorder or base a console purchase off of.

shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By shawn30

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

Alberto you have some splainin to do!

Photoshop is nice :) Not reality, but nice

Dreams-Visions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By Dreams-Visions

@StormyJoe said:

A lot of hoopla over something that 90% of console gamers will never be able to notice.

Cows going to go crazy over this, though. I guess I will give them their day.

No, large resolution differences are immediately noticable in side-by-side comparisons. It's a pretty big deal.

@35cent said:

@Dreams-Visions said:

@35cent said:

Yep I have and the difference is big, but it's upscaled so it won't be outputting in 720p quality (if that's how upscalers work). I'm only saying it because other games have had resolution disparities between them and I haven't been able to tell the difference between them although the gap between 1080p and 720p sound too large for this to happen.

But then again, I don't a lot about computers, let alone the xbox one so I can't know what I'm talking about really. Long story short, I'm waiting to see actual footage (preferably in the flesh) before I say if this makes a big difference or not.

EDIT: I just noticed that this is my 720th post :p

SPOOKY

BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 BPoole96
Member since 2008 • 22818 Posts

@-Damien- said:

@BPoole96 said:

take the picture after you confirm

Bottom left of pic

NineTailedGoku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By NineTailedGoku

@shawn30 said:

@NineTailedGoku said:

@shawn30 said:

@Desmonic said:

And yet all the PS4 games aren't 1080p, a few have been delayed at launch, and you have the weakest launch line-up. Titanfall gets rave reviews all around, Ryse graphically is a beats, and Forza 5 is getting great previews. The One is harder to develop for, and weaker than the PS4. But its far from shit just cause this game doesnt hit 1080p. Looking at BF4 and Ryse and Forza it starts looking like IW isn't doing well as a dev. I mean we saw footage of Cod on the PS4 last week and it was universally panned as crap, lol. So are we fighting over crap?

I could care less about "Teh launch line up" How often are you lems going to play that card. You guys heard MS toot their horn regarding that and just ran with it. No one should buy a console on launch line up alone. Sony has a far better track record with exclusives than MS FACT. The only game I want to play on XO is Dead Rising 3. I'd much prefer the games on PS4. Don't try to pass MS tooting their horn as fact. I hate to break it to you but just because Titanfall won a lot of awards at E3 doesn't mean its a guarenteed system seller. You guys act like its Halo or something. Dishonored won the most awards at last years E3. Is anyone talking about Dishonored now? Regarding XO tools not being mature, I doubt you want to play that card as PS4s tools isn't matured either. PS4 has twice the ROPs, twice the rendering units, over twice the amount of gigapixels, and almost twice the shaders. PS4 is far superior.I don't know what you guys were expecting besides moneyhatting for parity from MS.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 StormyJoe

@NineTailedGoku said:

@shawn30 said:

@Desmonic said:

Cows gonna cow. NineTailedGoku is apparently a game developer, and has played all the XB1 launch games.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#93 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20104 Posts

@PhazonBlazer: PS4 is real supersand!

ELJUDEZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 ELJUDEZ
Member since 2004 • 7389 Posts

That is just sad.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 StormyJoe

@Dreams-Visions said:

@35cent said:

But, this isn't a PC, it is a console. Once you move further away than 6 feet from the screen, you cannot tell the difference.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60713 Posts

@StormyJoe said:

@Dreams-Visions said:

@35cent said:

But, this isn't a PC, it is a console. Once you move further away than 6 feet from the screen, you cannot tell the difference.

So all games should just be in 720p then to save resources? Worst damage control I've ever heard form you. waffles.

shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 shawn30

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@shawn30 said:

@Sushiglutton said:

What about bf4?

More than a few people feel there's almost no difference, while some think it looks better on the One. At any rate the game looks good to me, but again, we're talking about a game that isn't getting rave reviews. No system is fully optimized at launch. Look at PS3 and 360 launch games and then now. Its a world of difference. The One does not have the grapjical power of the PS4, but its close enough that the other features make it a better purchase for me. But hearing the PS4 version looks better won't be a new thing. How much is still the question to ask. We need HD side by side footage stat :)

Zophar87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By Zophar87
Member since 2008 • 4344 Posts

Xbone can't even do a cross-gen game at 1080p. lol

jukev2424

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#99 jukev2424
Member since 2013 • 269 Posts

this has got to be why xbones are available at gamestop again. people canceling pro orders after this

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 ReadingRainbow4

Oh lawd, my luls.