Official: CoD - Ghosts 1080p on PS4, 720p on XOne.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#201 Posted by killzowned24 (7345 posts) -

@blackace said:

@Kinthalis said:

MegaTON.

So I guess it's official, the Xbone is the 720p platform for the entirety fo next gen?

Forza 5 1080P @60fps. Well see what happen once developers actually use the updated devkits. Can't wait for E3. It should be interesting. Glad I have both systems. Now I can pick and choose what's best on each system. lol!!

lol

#203 Posted by Giancar (19063 posts) -

Can´t wait till developers use that extra 4 GGDR5 GB, they had no idea about!

#204 Posted by superclocked (5823 posts) -

@Giancar said:

Yeah, Microsoft screwed up by not using any GDDR5 memory. That left enough on the market for Sony to expand to 8GB. Microsoft thought it would be 8GB of DDR3 + eSRAM versus 4GB of GDDR5. Well, they were wrong. The on die eSRAM also limited their GPU selections. I am sooo glad that Don Mattrick left the company...

#205 Posted by kuu2 (7330 posts) -

@shawn30 said:

First image comparison gifs are out. DT. I think the One version looks just fine. Now we need footage:)

For Sony Fan's sake I really hope those are fake.

#206 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (14091 posts) -

@killzowned24 said:

@blackace said:

@Kinthalis said:

MegaTON.

So I guess it's official, the Xbone is the 720p platform for the entirety fo next gen?

Forza 5 1080P @60fps. Well see what happen once developers actually use the updated devkits. Can't wait for E3. It should be interesting. Glad I have both systems. Now I can pick and choose what's best on each system. lol!!

lol

I actually like the look of forza 4 more there, rofl.

#207 Edited by StormyJoe (5378 posts) -

@AtariKidX said:

@danabo said:

Lems are very funny.......lol

Can you read a graph? This totally validates my argument. If you sit 10 feet away, you are not going to see any difference until you get at TV that is 55" in size. Even then, you probably won't see a difference until you have a 60" screen.

If you sit 10'-15' feet away, you won't notice until you have an 80" screen.

#208 Edited by superclocked (5823 posts) -

@killzowned24: That video is 480p at the very most and then upscaled to 1080p. You can't see the 60fps advantage in a compressed video, either...

#209 Edited by hoosier7 (3822 posts) -

So after Lemmings desperately clinging onto the fact that it was rumour it has finally been confirmed. How do you like your crow?

@FoxbatAlpha said:
@hoosier7 said:
@FoxbatAlpha said:

Sony doesn't have better graphics so no one is going to hear this statement. It is more than delayed reviews causing them to lose steam. They are delaying the fact that something else is wrong. Something bigger like overheating or a software issue. You'll see.

1080p>720p, better graphics right there on the multiplats. Of all the news we've had recently multiplats and CoD in particular running better on the PS4 is what's going to be a sticking point.

FragTycoon was right. The desperation is getting a bit extreme. You're actually just pulling stuff out of thin air.

I was told you'll see before. That multiplats wouldn't be any different, the XBO secret sauce, the power of the cloud, X1 would have teh superior drivers etc...

Yeah ok, I'm pulling stuff out of thin air and you are quoting rumors. We will see who is right very soon.

@FoxbatAlpha said:

@hoosier7: oh that's real good! I just stepped in your bullshit, trying not to stumble over your stupidity. "Several sites have pretty much confirmed........bla bla bla." Until the game maker releases a statement it is still a rumor.

Know how We know Ryse is at 900p? Oh that's right Crytek said it was. Keep living your fantasy though, I don't want to stop you at this point.

@danabo said:
@hoosier7 said:

The resolutions stuff is barely rumour any more. There's at least 4 people from review sites who've come out and confirmed it.

There's a big difference between what i'm doing and you are. You're just making stuff up.

Barely rumour is still rumour.

#210 Posted by Giancar (19063 posts) -

@superclocked said:

@Giancar said:

Yeah, Microsoft screwed up by not using any GDDR5 memory. That left enough on the market for Sony to expand to 8GB. Microsoft thought it would be 8GB of DDR3 + eSRAM versus 4GB of GDDR5. Well, they were wrong. The on die eSRAM also limited their GPU selections. I am sooo glad that Don Mattrick left the company...

That´s not their main problem tbh. The multiplatforms games will still be there, even if those are not as good as their main competition.

The real problem comes from the $100 extras bucks you will be paying due forced Kinect. The first wave of buyers will be very informed gamers that know the drawbacks of such tech in gaming and know that the competition offers better games at a lower price point.

But tbh, MS will only lose some sales. That´s it. I don´t see them fu*** in all the gen. The console is still very strong and it will have it strong lineup of multi and exclusives. I mean, it won´t be a WiiU situation.

#211 Posted by killzowned24 (7345 posts) -

@superclocked said:

@killzowned24: That video is 480p at the very most and then upscaled to 1080p. You can't see the 60fps advantage in a compressed video, either...

Big deal. It clear as day its not some huge upgrade and Forza 4 indeed looks better in spots.

#212 Edited by Giancar (19063 posts) -

We should make a list of all SW members who denied with their life the rumors.

It could end being up a very nice exercise!

#213 Posted by ReadingRainbow4 (14091 posts) -

@Giancar said:

We should make a list of all SW members who denied with their life the rumors.

It could end being up a very nice exercise!

Put blackace at the top of the list.

#214 Posted by superclocked (5823 posts) -

@killzowned24 said:

@superclocked said:

Big deal. It clear as day its not some huge upgrade and Forza 4 indeed looks better in spots.

So, you've played the game then? I've only read that the game looks amazing...

#215 Posted by tormentos (18114 posts) -

@shawn30 said:

@Desmonic said:

Wow...that really is sad...even in 1080p it looks like a current gen game. Man those X1 drivers and tool must be completely f*cked (like most rumours have said in the past week). Hope MS get's it together soon enough!

Whats worse is, when you look at Ryse and Forza 5, that makes IW look like they have no clue what they are doing on the One. I hope we get comparison videos soon. But still its good he just said it and its out there with no BS or waiting or any of that. Now show us the game.

Generic extremely enclosed and ultra path guided hack and slash which isn't even 1080p,unimpressive Racing game that lack any next gen effect everything backed..

@percech said:

I don't understand why a terrible looking game is rendering at 720p while there are much better looking games on the XONE in higher resolutions? Rushed game?

That because you don't understand how different engines work,FPS engines are different and more demanding that 3rd person ones,and much more than racing games to.

Also i am sure COD is way way more open and bigger scale than Ryse is,or Forza.

#216 Posted by Dreams-Visions (26569 posts) -

@StormyJoe said:

@AtariKidX said:

@danabo said:

Can you read a graph? This totally validates my argument. If you sit 10 feet away, you are not going to see any difference until you get at TV that is 55" in size. Even then, you probably won't see a difference until you have a 60" screen.

the graph is BS. Always has been and always will be.

better graph:

#217 Posted by Caseytappy (2141 posts) -

This

#218 Edited by superclocked (5823 posts) -

@kuu2 said:

@shawn30 said:

First image comparison gifs are out. DT. I think the One version looks just fine. Now we need footage:)

The first one is definitely fake. The enemies and ally are in the exact same position in both images. Even the muzzle blast and sparks are EXACTLY the same...

#219 Posted by Floppy_Jim (25692 posts) -

And this

#220 Posted by danabo (2474 posts) -

@hoosier7 said:

@danabo said:
@hoosier7 said:

The resolutions stuff is barely rumour any more. There's at least 4 people from review sites who've come out and confirmed it.

There's a big difference between what i'm doing and you are. You're just making stuff up.

Barely rumour is still rumour.

Yes. Rumours can be confirmed. This one has been confirmed as true.

#221 Posted by superclocked (5823 posts) -

@Floppy_Jim said:

And this

LOL

#222 Posted by Caseytappy (2141 posts) -

@superclocked said:

@shawn30 said:

Maybe you should click on the first one full size and look again .

#223 Posted by emgesp (2146 posts) -

#224 Posted by AtariKidX (6275 posts) -

@StormyJoe said:

@AtariKidX said:

@danabo said:

CoD - Ghosts 1080p on PS4.......720p on XOne.Cry more......i need tears.lol

#225 Edited by emgesp (2146 posts) -

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

First comparison shots are in.

I personally think MS has the upper hand here, you may need to step several feet back to get the full effect however.

I see the Xbox One is going retro with their graphics.

#226 Posted by tormentos (18114 posts) -

@shawn30 said:

Lol, dude many of the most reliable sources have already stated we will see more 1080p games once the tools mature. There are 1080p games at launch and more coming, so try again, lol. You're cherry picking why games that either do run at 080 or 900 upscaled aren't reliable examples, which is complete BS. But again if the game sucks then you have a superior sucky game? Not saying CoD does, but with Ryse, Forza, and even now BF4 as a graphics showcase, the One will be fine. The PS4 is more powerful so it will hit 1080p easier and more often. But just like the BF4 footage, you may wanna wait until you see it moving before going to wild. I'm a CoD fan and will likely get this in early December provided the framerate is stable. The 720 resolution, I wish it was higher, but as a launch game the world won't end.

There are 3 very unimpressive 1080p games for launch dude i don't think it will get much better unless quality of the graphics is set to low.

Dude BF4 look better,runs better at higher resolution with better AA and AO is not even close.

@_Matt_ said:

Difference between PS4/X1 this gen seems to be larger than difference 360/PS3 last gen.

Impossible lemmings including Stormy joe,and ron stated that the difference would be small..

@shawn30 said:

And yet all the PS4 games aren't 1080p, a few have been delayed at launch, and you have the weakest launch line-up. Titanfall gets rave reviews all around, Ryse graphically is a beats, and Forza 5 is getting great previews. The One is harder to develop for, and weaker than the PS4. But its far from shit just cause this game doesnt hit 1080p. Looking at BF4 and Ryse and Forza it starts looking like IW isn't doing well as a dev. I mean we saw footage of Cod on the PS4 last week and it was universally panned as crap, lol. So are we fighting over crap?

Yeah not all the majority do,but those that do runs on 720p as well on xbox one like BF4.

Please point me to Titanfall reviews.? What few games were delayed.? Only Drive Club was.

News excuse for xbox one games sucking graphically developers suck..

@StormyJoe said:

Cows gonna cow. NineTailedGoku is apparently a game developer, and has played all the XB1 launch games.

You have been soooo owned...lol

You blackace Ronvalencia...lol

But but the difference will be small,it will run at the same resolution...lol

Told you so..

#227 Posted by Krelian-co (10939 posts) -

@Floppy_Jim said:

And this

you can hardly see the difference!!!!

#228 Edited by superclocked (5823 posts) -

@Caseytappy: Even the particle effects are in the EXACT same position. It's definitely fake...

#229 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (14091 posts) -

@Krelian-co said:

@Floppy_Jim said:

And this

you can hardly see the difference!!!!

Lmfao, well played.

#230 Posted by tormentos (18114 posts) -

@StormyJoe said:

Bullshit. Google "720p vs 1080p" and go read some articles about it.

I don't have to google sh** i have a damn HDTV and had been an owner of HDTV since early 2000's,the difference can been seen quite easy,get your damn eyes fix.

#231 Posted by zarshack (9936 posts) -

@StormyJoe said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

What's with this misconception among some of these xbox fans that 1080p just means less jaggies, It also brings a much clearer picture. Simply put with a 1080p set you will notice much more detail in the overall image, distance from the screen doesn't fvcking matter.

The cow IQ must be a few points shy of brain damaged. Just go read the links I posted.

It entirely depends on the size of the TV and how far you sit from the TV, for me i have a 55" LED TV, i can very easily spot the differences from my couch on my TV. If you have a 32" TV you won't notice the difference as much. Resolution is more important in games then it is in movies though, you lose lots of small details in games when you lower the resolution.

#232 Posted by Shewgenja (9267 posts) -

@emgesp said:

KILLED IT!

#233 Posted by tormentos (18114 posts) -

@StormyJoe said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@StormyJoe said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

What's with this misconception among some of these xbox fans that 1080p just means less jaggies, It also brings a much clearer picture. Simply put with a 1080p set you will notice much more detail in the overall image, distance from the screen doesn't fvcking matter.

The cow IQ must be a few points shy of brain damaged. Just go read the links I posted.

Please stop proving to us that you ride the magic short bus.

If you are two fricken dumb to read the articles, then keep quiet and let the big boys debate.

Hahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.........

So after fighting me and claiming time after time that both console games would look the same,now you are swimming in your own denial,trying to downplay 1080p vs 720p when 1080p is actually a bigger difference than from 480p to 720p..

@Scipio8 said:

Sony are secretly mandating 1080p even if it means blur and poor textures, Microsoft are not. That is why BF4 looks better on XB1 720p and so will COD Ghosts. Just wait for the comparison videos.

Hahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa..........

#234 Posted by Shewgenja (9267 posts) -

At least when Sony charged $500 for a system, it wasn't a generation behind..

#235 Posted by Doolz2024 (9604 posts) -

Pretty sad especially considering that the 360 versions of CoD throughout the past few years were native 720p.

#236 Posted by tormentos (18114 posts) -

@blackace said:

@Kinthalis said:

MegaTON.

I have been right about pretty much anything i have told you,Forza is far from impressive is 1080p 60FPS with baked effect nothing dynamic is basically a last gen game with 1080p graphics and 60 FPS is far from impressive or demanding.

@kuu2 said:

Ha!

Yes PS4 gets the better version on paper once again. But probably just like BF4 it won't make an ounce of difference. I just saw the MP version of BF4 on The One and I am more than happy. Have not played a COD since Modern Warfare.

My god your damage control is out of this world.

720p.

as much as 14 FPS slower than BF4 on PS4.

horrible jaggies fest.

No AO and still runs slower than the PS4 version which is a joke once AO is apply it will run even slower,it will be a crappy mess on xbox one..

#237 Posted by ReadingRainbow4 (14091 posts) -

@tormentos said:

@StormyJoe said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@StormyJoe said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

Please stop proving to us that you ride the magic short bus.

If you are two fricken dumb to read the articles, then keep quiet and let the big boys debate.

Hahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.........

So after fighting me and claiming time after time that both console games would look the same,now you are swimming in your own denial,trying to downplay 1080p vs 720p when 1080p is actually a bigger difference than from 480p to 720p..

@Scipio8 said:

Sony are secretly mandating 1080p even if it means blur and poor textures, Microsoft are not. That is why BF4 looks better on XB1 720p and so will COD Ghosts. Just wait for the comparison videos.

Hahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa..........

Lmao, I can't believe I didn't notice til now that he used Two instead of too and then proceeded to call me dumb.

Jesus christ microsoft, your fanbase is amazing!

#238 Posted by mystic_knight (13801 posts) -

:( I actually want to cancel my pre order now.

#239 Posted by EducatingU_PCMR (722 posts) -

Just do the Fish AI® in Teh Cloud = instant 1080p.

#240 Posted by Caseytappy (2141 posts) -

@superclocked said:

@Caseytappy: Even the particle effects are in the EXACT same position. It's definitely fake...

Off course it is .

It's solely made to ridicule the Xbone version but the insane thing is that some Lemmings think the over saturated dark , low res version actually does look better .

Scary !

#241 Posted by kingjazziephiz (2427 posts) -

They both look the same

#242 Posted by Syn_Valence (1350 posts) -

@shawn30: I concur with this statement

#243 Edited by kuu2 (7330 posts) -

@tormentos said:

@kuu2 said:

Ha!

Yes PS4 gets the better version on paper once again. But probably just like BF4 it won't make an ounce of difference. I just saw the MP version of BF4 on The One and I am more than happy. Have not played a COD since Modern Warfare.

720p.

horrible jaggies fest.

No AO and still runs slower than the PS4 version which is a joke once AO is apply it will run even slower,it will be a crappy mess on xbox one..

Oh Tormy still butthurt about BF4 looking better on The One.

I would suggest you and the rest of Sony Fan stop popping the champaigne until actual footage of the game comes out otherwise it will be another, 'Bbbuut it is 1080p' and still doesn't look as good.

#244 Posted by ReadingRainbow4 (14091 posts) -

@kuu2 said:

@tormentos said:

@kuu2 said:

Ha!

720p.

horrible jaggies fest.

Oh Tormy still butthurt about BF4 looking better on The One.

I would suggest you and the rest of Sony Fan stop popping the champaigne until actual footage of the game comes out otherwise it will be another, 'Bbbuut it is 1080p' and still doesn't look as good.

One does not simply 720p.

#245 Edited by joel_c17 (2851 posts) -

The DC in this thread is hilarious!

#246 Posted by Gaming-Planet (14022 posts) -

TLHBO

#247 Posted by Gatman32 (441 posts) -

I think Sony fanboys care more about this news than Xbox fanboys. The Sony fanboys are having a circle jerk while the Xbox fanboys are like, meh whatever.

#248 Edited by Daious (1294 posts) -

I can't believe next-gen consoles can't reach 1080p with COD

#249 Posted by ReadingRainbow4 (14091 posts) -

@daious said:

I can't believe a next-gen console can't reach 1080p with COD

#250 Posted by Shewgenja (9267 posts) -

@Gatman32 said:

I think Sony fanboys care more about this news than Xbox fanboys. The Sony fanboys are having a circle jerk while the Xbox fanboys are like, meh whatever.

Denial kinda works like that.