Microsoft is getting slaughtered by the press regarding XB1

• 196 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for Ravenlore_basic
Ravenlore_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 0

#151 Ravenlore_basic
Member since 2003 • 4319 Posts

You could easily print all those articles on Sony and the Ps4 right now. Sonys mouth has been shut and out of the news, mainly because the are scared of the back lash when they state their position on used games, bundled camera, fee for online, backwards compatibility, Kaz's sexual preferences etc......FoxbatAlpha

I know just like SONY charged for PSN, had propritary HDD, Memory card, Controllers... 

OH WAIT... That was Microsoft

Ravenlore_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#152 Ravenlore_basic

[QUOTE="TigerSuperman"][QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"]Good, maybe this will convince Microsoft to change its tune.JamDev
They don't need to change anything,  :shock: the stuff you're talking about is not true in the first place. :question:  :? :lol:    Production is already behind schedule, so when they debunk everything at E3, :cry::x  it will not be because of you screaming "gamers"  ;)  that like to yell at snow when it's raining.:P    

So everything MS has announced and subsequently confirmed is actually untrue and you are the only one who knows the truth? Sounds legit.

I had to read that several times.... Look at the date and everything..... Today is JUNE 8, 2013 Microsoft has ALREADY spoken.   Denial is just SAD    :roll:

Ravenlore_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153 Ravenlore_basic

All MS has to do is say something. But I doubt they will until E3, where even when they debunk all the statements tossed around the fatique of hatred will be too high to care.TigerSuperman

Welcome to the present.... Reading is good.  http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/06/06/microsoft-details-xbox-one-used-games-always-online

legalize82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#154 legalize82
Member since 2013 • 2293 Posts
xbone is **** if they keep DRM like this here in europe...
lilnazar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#155 lilnazar
Member since 2011 • 1923 Posts

Xbone will sell because casual kiddies need something like Kinect for their little friends party at home.

Mystery_Writer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 Mystery_Writer
Member since 2004 • 8351 Posts
The problem is they didn't leave anything positive for people to talk about. Mediocre hardware specs Always On Kinect Very restrictive DRM scheme I mean, what did they bring in this console that is better for consumer than the previous one?
Avatar image for Midnightshade29
Midnightshade29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 301

#158 Midnightshade29
Member since 2008 • 6003 Posts
[QUOTE="navyguy21"][QUOTE="I_can_haz"]":cry: b....bu....bu....but teh mainstream will love it because M$ has teh moniez" I knew this would happen. No company is immune from harsh criticism by the press if enough people out there are angry.

It will still sell tons because the mass market either doesnt care or arent well informed. Most still dont know about this, only those in the gaming industry. As i have said before, most of the kids i work with want one, but have no idea they might not be able to play used or rented games. The casual market are extremely uninformed, which is why they buy what they see on tv or what their friends have.

And did you tell those kids the facts about it? No of course not... then your contributing to the problem.. of course you seem to defend MS on this forum so I didn't expect otherwise. If you did inform them then good job, but I highly doubt you did. As for casual market, I am sick and tired of people buying what ever is just advertised on the tele. .They need to wake the f up and research what they are buying. I am sorry but a machine that cost 100s of dollars shouldn't be bought as an impulse buy. It should be researched first. Hell I do that with any tech gear i purchase.
Ravenlore_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 Ravenlore_basic

[QUOTE="Kaszilla"]Good to know some of the biggest gaming sites are dragging the X1 :cool:TigerSuperman
With unconfirmed statements :shock:  and rumors. :D :lol:   

Wow dude is TROLLING big time.. LOL  but here it won't stop the trolling, or denial but just for you  LOL 

Here's the info direct from Microsoft:

To ensure Xbox One works optimally and can offer the experiences described above, it is designed with the following networking requirements: 

• For an optimal experience, we recommend a broadband connection of 1.5Mbps. (For reference, the average global internet connection speed as measured recently by Akamai was 2.9 Mbps).  In areas where an Ethernet connection is not available, you can connect using mobile broadband.
  • While a persistent connection is not required, Xbox One is designed to verify if system, application or game updates are needed and to see if you have acquired new games, or resold, traded in, or given your game to a friend. Games that are designed to take advantage of the cloud may require a connection. 

With Xbox One you can game offline for up to 24 hours on your primary console, or one hour if you are logged on to a separate console accessing your library. Offline gaming is not possible after these prescribed times until you re-establish a connection, butyou can still watch live TV and enjoy Blu-ray and DVD movies.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#160 WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9607 Posts

It doesnt matter. The console will still sell and sell well. Heil68

Hopefully not well enough for Microsoft to justify the policies. If SONY doesn't do the same, I hope the destroy them to the point where Microsoft is forced to change. After that? I have no problem with them both doing comparably well or one slightly beating the other.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#161 WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9607 Posts

Xbone will sell because casual kiddies need something like Kinect for their little friends party at home.

lilnazar

but the camera knows if there are too many people right...? It has facial recognition and everything.. will it even work?

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

Glitchspot at it and is not even monday.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts
[QUOTE="xboxdone"] xbox done will fail

Usually, Windows x.0 fails e.g. Windows Vista (aka Windows 6.0), Windows 2000 (aka Windows 5.0).
clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29827 Posts
It doesnt matter. The console will still sell and sell well. Heil68
Yep. Pretty much this.
Jimsmith757

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 Jimsmith757
Member since 2013 • 51 Posts
I was starting to think that MS was actually going to be able to pull off the rape for next gen but it looks like the limit has been reached.
2beers_in_hand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 2beers_in_hand
Member since 2007 • 2950 Posts
I can understand if your an uneducated consumer who buys the Xbone because you didn't do your homework. But anyone defending this turd now after knowing all the facts and still buys one is just a new kind of stupid!
TigerSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#167 TigerSuperman
Member since 2013 • 4331 Posts
Interesting. The statements to employees about policies and E3 planning has changed, yet they never sent a new one. So now I have no idea what they will do or announce tomorrow. Now i am slightly suspicious.
linkdarkside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 linkdarkside
Member since 2003 • 6279 Posts

good, Microsoft created a anti consumer machine they deserve getting slaughtered.

superclocked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 superclocked
Member since 2009 • 5864 Posts
I've been supprting Microsoft since 2001. But if they require me to get permission to play my games every single fckng day, then I will not be getting an XBox One...
Avatar image for djshowstopper87
djshowstopper87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 djshowstopper87
Member since 2012 • 417 Posts

Xbox 1 just got owned by ps4 with the no DRM, No restrictions on used games, and the 400 price point. I know I am sold on ps4 xbox 1 can suck it. 

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17697 Posts
If MS thought they were getting hammered before, wait until articles come out comparing MS' and Sony's policies. They are going to get butchered.
robokill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 robokill
Member since 2007 • 1392 Posts
Microsoft is going to fall on it's face hard with this one. I wonder how much they invested into this, probably won't even last a year if they stick to their guns.
Celtic_34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 Celtic_34
Member since 2011 • 1903 Posts

Microsoft "we are going to kill sony at E3".  Sony is dying laughing.

no-scope-AK47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 no-scope-AK47
Member since 2012 • 3755 Posts

Not sure why anybody would get a xbox1 after the ownage Sony layed down at the e3.

1. Stronger hardware

2. More exclusives and indie games

3. No used game drm nonsense

4. No online needed

5. 100 bucks cheaper

The only downside was you need psn+ to game online. Yet psn+ has all the features of live for less with free games and game discounts. So why spend more more and get less with more restrictions on x1??

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 StormyJoe
Member since 2011 • 7806 Posts

I can understand if your an uneducated consumer who buys the Xbone because you didn't do your homework. But anyone defending this turd now after knowing all the facts and still buys one is just a new kind of stupid! 2beers_in_hand

Oh really? I am pretty certain I am smarter than you, and I am buying an XBoxOne.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 StormyJoe
Member since 2011 • 7806 Posts

Not sure why anybody would get a xbox1 after the ownage Sony layed down at the e3.

1. Stronger hardware I'll give you the stronger hardware. But lets be honest, this is not Dreamcast vs PS3 or something.

2. More exclusives and indie games Really? All I saw yesterday were multiplats and previously announced titles. I don't think either can say "we have more exclusives" right now.

3. No used game drm nonsense I don't care about this.

4. No online needed I don't care about this, either.

5. 100 bucks cheaper And if MS drops the price by $100 (like they have before)?

The only downside was you need psn+ to game online. Yet psn+ has all the features of live for less with free games and game discounts. So why spend more more and get less with more restrictions on x1??

no-scope-AK47

Cows seem to want everyone to forget how strong MS's conference was...

TwistedShade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 TwistedShade
Member since 2012 • 3139 Posts

[QUOTE="no-scope-AK47"]

1. Stronger hardware I'll give you the stronger hardware. But lets be honest, this is not Dreamcast vs PS3 or something.

2. More exclusives and indie games Really? All I saw yesterday were multiplats and previously announced titles. I don't think either can say "we have more exclusives" right now.

StormyJoe

Conference was strong game wise, but they failed everywhere else. Sony failed pretty much throughout the conference until they got to the Used Game/DRM/Price.

Ravenlore_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 Ravenlore_basic

Below is some links to various articles about the XB1. It's not looking good at all for Microsoft.

• BBC: Xbox One: Microsoft defends pre-owned games rules
  • Blorge: Why gamers hate the Xbox One
  • Complex: Microsoft Finally Reveals Xbox One Details, It's Mostly All Bad News
  • Destructoid: Xbox One kills game ownership, here's what Xbox fans say
  • Eurogamer: Microsoft kills game ownership and expects us to smile
  • Forbes Contributor: Microsoft Confirms Gamers' Fears Over Xbox One
  • Forbes Contributor (2): Microsoft's Shortsighted Approach Might Have Already Killed Xbox One
  • Forbes Contributor (3): The Xbox One Might Let Sony's PS4 Win By Default
  • Giant Bomb: The Giant Bomb staff deciphers the digital-rights policies for Microsoft's new console through interpretive dance
  • Kotaku: The Xbox One Just Had A Very Bad Day
  • Kotaku (2): When Will Gamers Say Enough Is Enough?
  • LazyGamer: Microsoft confirms insane Xbox One DRM
  • MCV UK: Indie retailers desperate for Xbox One pre-owned answers
  • MCV UK (2): Publishers quiet over Xbox One pre-owned intentions
  • Metro UK: Xbox One and the corporate war against consumers
  • NowGamer: Xbox One: It's For Publishers, Not For You
  • PC Magazine: Microsoft Xbox One: No Internet? Big Problem
  • Polygon: Xbox One policy is a lovely marriage proposal to big corporations
  • TechnoBuffalo: Xbox One and Used, Borrowed and Sold Games The Official Word
  • TechnoBuffalo (2): Xbox One: Unless Microsoft Changes Their Policies, Im Out
  • TechRadar: Xbox One 'always online': What does it mean for gamers?
  • TechSpot: Xbox One will force gamers to stay online after all
  • The Diplomat: Has Microsoft Already Ruined the Xbox One?
  • The Guardian: Xbox One requires daily net connection
  • The Wall Street Journal: Microsofts Xbox One: Owning Your Video Games Is So 1994
  • Time: Microsofts Xbox One Used Games Policies Are Clear as Mud
  • VG247: Xbox One: the record is broken, long live the record
  • WhatCulture!: Xbox One: 10 Shocking Things You Wont Believe

*Thanks to GAF for the list*

dream431ca

• http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/gaming/sony-reveals-ps4-will-cost-399--100-cheaper-than-the-xbox-one-and-with-fewer-restrictions-8653463.html
  • http://kotaku.com/ps4-games-wont-have-many-of-the-restrictions-of-xbox-o-512477859
  • http://kotaku.com/sony-just-smacked-the-xbox-one-in-the-mouth-512492046
  • http://www.trustedreviews.com/news/sony-mocks-xbox-one-pre-owned-restrictions-with-ps4-game-sharing-video-guide
  • http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/06/11/e3-2013-sonys-knock-out-blow
  • http://www.gamespot.com/features/playstation-4-is-the-gamers-choice-for-next-gen-6409777/
  • http://www.gamespot.com/features/sonys-triumphant-night-6409715/

Just a few of MANY on the internet

COVAtheNOVA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179 COVAtheNOVA
Member since 2011 • 203 Posts

[QUOTE="StormyJoe"]

[QUOTE="no-scope-AK47"]

TwistedShade

Conference was strong game wise, but they failed everywhere else. Sony failed pretty much throughout the conference until they got to the Used Game/DRM/Price.

And then after the conference, it was announced by Sony, just like it was announced by MS before E3, that it will be up to the publisher/developer when it comes to DRM for their games. Price is $100 less because Sony didn't include their camera, which they tooted as an add in, when it is not and they aren't adding in the fee for PSN. So basically you are still paying that $100+ dollars if you get everything for the PS4. MS just simply added it all in from the get go. No doubt in my mind, Sony will have a $500 SKU out the gates that will include a year of PSN and their camera to go along with the $400 bare bones package.

Either way, price is irrelevant when you are talking about a difference of $100 because you will be paying upwards of around $600 to $700 for either console if you get everything for the system, plus 2 or 3 games so getting either one and all they have to offer will be an expensive day.

Really the only thing you can say the PS4 had over the ONE is the daily online check ups, which means absolutely nothing to me. Unless you live in the back woods of West Virginia, this shouldn't affect you considering every one I know and just about ALL of their electronic devices, are connected to the internet in some way, shape or form, not to mention get daily updates for their apps, patches for the consoles, games, driver updates, etc. Fanboys are just throwing it out there as if that is a big deal, when reality, it isn't.

theBeorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 theBeorn
Member since 2003 • 1378 Posts

[QUOTE="TwistedShade"]

[QUOTE="StormyJoe"]

COVAtheNOVA

And then after the conference, it was announced by Sony, just like it was announced by MS before E3, that it will be up to the publisher/developer when it comes to DRM for their games. Price is $100 less because Sony didn't include their camera, which they tooted as an add in, when it is not and they aren't adding in the fee for PSN. So basically you are still paying that $100+ dollars if you get everything for the PS4. MS just simply added it all in from the get go. No doubt in my mind, Sony will have a $500 SKU out the gates that will include a year of PSN and their camera to go along with the $400 bare bones package.

Either way, price is irrelevant when you are talking about a difference of $100 because you will be paying upwards of around $600 to $700 for either console if you get everything for the system, plus 2 or 3 games so getting either one and all they have to offer will be an expensive day.

Really the only thing you can say the PS4 had over the ONE is the daily online check ups, which means absolutely nothing to me. Unless you live in the back woods of West Virginia, this shouldn't affect you considering every one I know and just about ALL of their electronic devices, are connected to the internet in some way, shape or form, not to mention get daily updates for their apps, patches for the consoles, games, driver updates, etc. Fanboys are just throwing it out there as if that is a big deal, when reality, it isn't.

Nice try, Microsoft.

kramer_inc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 129

#181 kramer_inc
Member since 2008 • 1303 Posts

I have 2 360's but I will not buy a console that won't let me borrow or lend my friends games. So no xbox one for me.

babycakin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 babycakin
Member since 2012 • 1597 Posts

lilnazar
Actually even casuals might avoid it because of one thing...the price. $500 + membership = casual friendly? X.X
shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183 shawn30
Member since 2006 • 4409 Posts

[QUOTE="2beers_in_hand"]I can understand if your an uneducated consumer who buys the Xbone because you didn't do your homework. But anyone defending this turd now after knowing all the facts and still buys one is just a new kind of stupid! StormyJoe

Oh really? I am pretty certain I am smarter than you, and I am buying an XBoxOne.

Sam here, lol. But he wants to be part of the anti-MS in crowd :)
Naberios

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184 Naberios
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
[QUOTE="mems_1224"][QUOTE="navyguy21"]First - you have WAY too much time on your hands :P Second - They should. The used game rules are stupid. Third - Sony is smart. They will most likely have something similar, but they are letting MS take the heat :P

pretty much. i hope people aren't so naive that they think sony is gonna be much better. I mean, they've been following MS's lead for an entire generation and its worked. Why would they stop now?

Well, so much for your theories. Try again.
Naberios

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185 Naberios

[QUOTE="SolidTy"]

They have E3 to packpedal or to fully commit to these draconian anti consumer policies.

Ninja-Hippo

It's the exact same setup as Steam. I sympathise with the traditional box-and-disc collectors, but nostalgia is not a decent reason to hold back on moving forwards. Digital delivery isn't where the industry is going, it's where the industry already is. Entertainment isn't something you purchase as own any more, it's a service which is delivered. iTunes has been like this for years. Amazon has the exact same setup with Kindle. Steam, if not the whole PC gaming market, has existed in this manner for over a decade.

I think they've made some poor decisions regarding the global market, particularly emerging markets where internet availability makes the Xbone more or less irrelevant, but I really struggle to see anything on that list of proposals which either doesn't exist already or isn't clearly and obviously inevitable in the near future.

Sony are making a gamers machine, and I think they will be applauded for that by gamers. Like a lot of Sony electronics though, I think it'll ultimately be a bad decision. No matter how beloved their next platform may be by gamers, the days of the traditional games console and the traditional game itself are numbered. There will most certainly be a Playstation 5 in a few years time. I cant see Microsoft making a new box ever again.

Not "exactly" like Steam. In fact, not even close. You can play your Steam games offline pretty much anytime you want. And judging by all the boxes lining the shelves of my local Best Buy, we are not already in the everything by way of digital download era just yet. You're 5 year time frame is not gonna happen. Not even close. Sony electronics a "bad decision"? Seriously? One of the dumbest fanboy comments I've ever heard/read.
Naberios

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186 Naberios
You could easily print all those articles on Sony and the Ps4 right now. Sonys mouth has been shut and out of the news, mainly because the are scared of the back lash when they state their position on used games, bundled camera, fee for online, backwards compatibility, Kaz's sexual preferences etc......FoxbatAlpha
Then do it. Point us to just a few of ALL these articles you seem to think exist.
Leejjohno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187 Leejjohno
Member since 2005 • 13897 Posts

[QUOTE="Ninja-Hippo"]

[QUOTE="SolidTy"]

They have E3 to packpedal or to fully commit to these draconian anti consumer policies.

Naberios

It's the exact same setup as Steam. I sympathise with the traditional box-and-disc collectors, but nostalgia is not a decent reason to hold back on moving forwards. Digital delivery isn't where the industry is going, it's where the industry already is. Entertainment isn't something you purchase as own any more, it's a service which is delivered. iTunes has been like this for years. Amazon has the exact same setup with Kindle. Steam, if not the whole PC gaming market, has existed in this manner for over a decade.

I think they've made some poor decisions regarding the global market, particularly emerging markets where internet availability makes the Xbone more or less irrelevant, but I really struggle to see anything on that list of proposals which either doesn't exist already or isn't clearly and obviously inevitable in the near future.

Sony are making a gamers machine, and I think they will be applauded for that by gamers. Like a lot of Sony electronics though, I think it'll ultimately be a bad decision. No matter how beloved their next platform may be by gamers, the days of the traditional games console and the traditional game itself are numbered. There will most certainly be a Playstation 5 in a few years time. I cant see Microsoft making a new box ever again.

Not "exactly" like Steam. In fact, not even close. You can play your Steam games offline pretty much anytime you want. And judging by all the boxes lining the shelves of my local Best Buy, we are not already in the everything by way of digital download era just yet. You're 5 year time frame is not gonna happen. Not even close. Sony electronics a "bad decision"? Seriously? One of the dumbest fanboy comments I've ever heard/read.

Not to mention the necessity of a decent internet connection. Which to this day some people I know still don't have.

curono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#188 curono
Member since 2005 • 7722 Posts
That is not slaughter. That is proof shown. What the hell did you expect??
MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17697 Posts

[QUOTE="dream431ca"]

Below is some links to various articles about the XB1. It's not looking good at all for Microsoft.

• BBC: Xbox One: Microsoft defends pre-owned games rules
  • Blorge: Why gamers hate the Xbox One
  • Complex: Microsoft Finally Reveals Xbox One Details, It's Mostly All Bad News
  • Destructoid: Xbox One kills game ownership, here's what Xbox fans say
  • Eurogamer: Microsoft kills game ownership and expects us to smile
  • Forbes Contributor: Microsoft Confirms Gamers' Fears Over Xbox One
  • Forbes Contributor (2): Microsoft's Shortsighted Approach Might Have Already Killed Xbox One
  • Forbes Contributor (3): The Xbox One Might Let Sony's PS4 Win By Default
  • Giant Bomb: The Giant Bomb staff deciphers the digital-rights policies for Microsoft's new console through interpretive dance
  • Kotaku: The Xbox One Just Had A Very Bad Day
  • Kotaku (2): When Will Gamers Say Enough Is Enough?
  • LazyGamer: Microsoft confirms insane Xbox One DRM
  • MCV UK: Indie retailers desperate for Xbox One pre-owned answers
  • MCV UK (2): Publishers quiet over Xbox One pre-owned intentions
  • Metro UK: Xbox One and the corporate war against consumers
  • NowGamer: Xbox One: It's For Publishers, Not For You
  • PC Magazine: Microsoft Xbox One: No Internet? Big Problem
  • Polygon: Xbox One policy is a lovely marriage proposal to big corporations
  • TechnoBuffalo: Xbox One and Used, Borrowed and Sold Games The Official Word
  • TechnoBuffalo (2): Xbox One: Unless Microsoft Changes Their Policies, Im Out
  • TechRadar: Xbox One 'always online': What does it mean for gamers?
  • TechSpot: Xbox One will force gamers to stay online after all
  • The Diplomat: Has Microsoft Already Ruined the Xbox One?
  • The Guardian: Xbox One requires daily net connection
  • The Wall Street Journal: Microsofts Xbox One: Owning Your Video Games Is So 1994
  • Time: Microsofts Xbox One Used Games Policies Are Clear as Mud
  • VG247: Xbox One: the record is broken, long live the record
  • WhatCulture!: Xbox One: 10 Shocking Things You Wont Believe

*Thanks to GAF for the list*

Ravenlore_basic

• http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/gaming/sony-reveals-ps4-will-cost-399--100-cheaper-than-the-xbox-one-and-with-fewer-restrictions-8653463.html
  • http://kotaku.com/ps4-games-wont-have-many-of-the-restrictions-of-xbox-o-512477859
  • http://kotaku.com/sony-just-smacked-the-xbox-one-in-the-mouth-512492046
  • http://www.trustedreviews.com/news/sony-mocks-xbox-one-pre-owned-restrictions-with-ps4-game-sharing-video-guide
  • http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/06/11/e3-2013-sonys-knock-out-blow
  • http://www.gamespot.com/features/playstation-4-is-the-gamers-choice-for-next-gen-6409777/
  • http://www.gamespot.com/features/sonys-triumphant-night-6409715/

Just a few of MANY on the internet

Appreciate the links. :)

Asim90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190 Asim90
Member since 2005 • 3692 Posts

I'm so glad people are responding like this, we have a right to be furious. When we buy content, WE own it. Not Microsoft, or anybody else. They can go screw themselves and I hope nobody buys their new 1984 machine simply out of principle.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e836a855beb2
deactivated-5e836a855beb2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191 deactivated-5e836a855beb2
Member since 2005 • 95573 Posts
http://www.youtube.com/watch?&v=BiUzaqOU06M don mattrick - stick with the 360 :)
daveg1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#192 daveg1
Member since 2005 • 20405 Posts
good they should be getting all this crap..i hope the xbone tanks big time!! nothing worse that greed!!
Ravenlore_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193 Ravenlore_basic

[QUOTE="TwistedShade"]

[QUOTE="StormyJoe"]

Cows seem to want everyone to forget how strong MS's conference was...  NO, for the PS4 is was not as strong as it could have been.  BUT they showed enough., and PS3 has a huge number of Exclusives that came out and will come out this year.  Next year PS4 will have a lot more games to show also.  

COVAtheNOVA

And then after the conference, it was announced by Sony, just like it was announced by MS before E3, that it will be up to the publisher/developer when it comes to DRM for their games.  Microsoft has the infrastructure in place to change things when ever they want.  Sony does not.  Publishers on Sony's console could go the Game pass coe rought but yes its up to them.  Microsoft DRM is far and away the more powerful in this regard.  And then there is sharing games with friends. and the 24hour check in. 

Price is $100 less because Sony didn't include their camera, which they tooted as an add in, when it is not and they aren't adding in the fee for PSN. So basically you are still paying that $100+ dollars if you get everything for the PS4. MS just simply added it all in from the get go. No doubt in my mind, Sony will have a $500 SKU out the gates that will include a year of PSN and their camera to go along with the $400 bare bones package. Not needed or necessory!

Either way, price is irrelevant when you are talking about a difference of $100 because you will be paying upwards of around $600 to $700 for either console if you get everything for the system, plus 2 or 3 games so getting either one and all they have to offer will be an expensive day. Could you say or did you say the same thing for the launch of the PS3 vs Xbox 360?!!!  If they get jus the PS4 and some games, it will not be that much cheaper.  Then if they get PSN+ free games, HUGE numbrer of Indie games.... 

Really the only thing you can say the PS4 had over the ONE is the daily online check ups, which means absolutely nothing to me. Unless you live in the back woods of West Virginia, this shouldn't affect you considering every one I know and just about ALL of their electronic devices, are connected to the internet in some way, shape or form, not to mention get daily updates for their apps, patches for the consoles, games, driver updates, etc. Fanboys are just throwing it out there as if that is a big deal, when reality, it isn't.  Number of people conected to the internet from a PC has fallen...  Cell phones conected to the internet increased hugely. 

To tell people to   "Deal with it"  is a bad way to treat coustomers.  If you want them to buy your product then its not a way to start.  Many people like in the last 3 generations will go with what other people have bought. And if more people feel the PS4 is the place to go because of the MANY reasons given by Microsft to buy a PS4 then it will snowball. 

10 ways that people conect to the internet, but will not help them play online. 

10.Parents house.
9  Library
8. Free WiFi station (Mc Donalds, Starbucks.... ETC.)
7. stolen from a neighbor
6. Dial up
5. phone
4. Highly shared between MANY devices (therefore- slow)
3. School
2. DSL
1. Crappy High-speed caped service

Even thought people can get on the internet does not mean its any where close to IDEAL!! Just saying. People have many choices and cutting out a $30.00 a month bill that is not necessory is an easy choice. 

godzillavskong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#194 godzillavskong
Member since 2007 • 7904 Posts
If these restrictions hold true ,I'll be stepping over it like a big pile of sh1t in the yard.
Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60722 Posts
[QUOTE="StormyJoe"]

[QUOTE="2beers_in_hand"]I can understand if your an uneducated consumer who buys the Xbone because you didn't do your homework. But anyone defending this turd now after knowing all the facts and still buys one is just a new kind of stupid! shawn30

Sam here, lol. But he wants to be part of the anti-MS in crowd :)

Nice to meet you Sam :)
godzillavskong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#196 godzillavskong
Member since 2007 • 7904 Posts

I'm so glad people are responding like this, we have a right to be furious. When we buy content, WE own it. Not Microsoft, or anybody else. They can go screw themselves and I hope nobody buys their new 1984 machine simply out of principle.

Asim90
Yep I preferred my 360 over my ps3, but it looks like I'll be opting for just a ps4 this go round. It's about principles. They don't have to check in every 24hrs. I understand they're trying to endorse this cloud feature, but I'd rather see the real logic behind why they're pushing for it.