Microsoft is getting slaughtered by the press regarding XB1

• 196 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

timbers_WSU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 0

#51 timbers_WSU
Member since 2012 • 6076 Posts
[QUOTE="legalize82"][QUOTE="Ninja-Hippo"][QUOTE="legalize82"] man stfu defending this bullcrap... go buy your drmbox leave ps4 for the true gamers

PS4 is gonna have the exact same DRM. COD will not be DRM on the xbox and free-for-all on the PS4. Will never happen. Sorry to break it to you.

and who started this crap ? evil empire MS who knows people like u are donkeys.. yhis is a last minute decision why do u think this pile of crap is not ready atlaunch ? they had pretty muchother plans more evil but they heard the internets and made it look softer... bah

Man STFU. No need to get your woman pants in a knot.
Ninja-Hippo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#52 Ninja-Hippo
Member since 2008 • 23434 Posts

,microsoft say that they will not control games price on xbox marketplace who know maybe it will become steam like

nyzma23
I'll believe that when I see it. They sure didn't follow that principle with the 360. They wouldn't even let developers give things away for free.
TigerSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#53 TigerSuperman
Member since 2013 • 4331 Posts

[QUOTE="Ninja-Hippo"]PS4 reminds me an awful lot of PSP and Vita. A great machine for gamers which garners a lot of love and hype from gamers, but ultimately it's the reason why Sony are in the financial mess they're in. They're going around the same circle of offering gamers better hardware and better graphics and the same fundamental experiences every few years. PSP showed that people didn't care about graphics. Vita has demonstrated that ten fold. PS4 I think may be the same. Graphics have reached a level of fidelity now that I really doubt the next COD or Madden will look good enough to urge many people to run out and replace the PS3 they already own, which still feels perfectly capable. Microsoft have made a machine not aimed to appease gamers at all from the looks of things, but I have no doubt it will probably be a successful and popular machine because it's more in-tune with the future and what the broader population wants. The always-on, always-connected, cloud-based, all your games stored online, instant-gratification kind of setup is rejected from traditional gamers but exactly what people have wanted and bought into with every other entertainment industry. Look at iTunes, Netflix, Kindle. Microsoft want the xbox to be the gaming equivalent of those services. An entertainment service provider moreso than a platform holder.tormentos

Stop been a joke the reason why sony is in financial problems was the damn PS3 which they give player to much for to little,it was to expensive to make and they pay for it.

I hate people like you who defend companies like MS who all they do is rip off people,and then you flame sony who yeah loss a ton of money by giving people the best hardware a dollar has even buy in terms of value.

Is incredible how you give MS who just strip you of your rights as a gamer to sell something you legally own and give sony such a hard time,people like you deserve to be rip off by companies like MS,we have a say here that people get what they deserve..

The issue is is that he is defending nothing and you are bashing nothing because both of you are wrong.
Ninja-Hippo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 Ninja-Hippo

[QUOTE="Ninja-Hippo"]PS4 reminds me an awful lot of PSP and Vita. A great machine for gamers which garners a lot of love and hype from gamers, but ultimately it's the reason why Sony are in the financial mess they're in. They're going around the same circle of offering gamers better hardware and better graphics and the same fundamental experiences every few years. PSP showed that people didn't care about graphics. Vita has demonstrated that ten fold. PS4 I think may be the same. Graphics have reached a level of fidelity now that I really doubt the next COD or Madden will look good enough to urge many people to run out and replace the PS3 they already own, which still feels perfectly capable. Microsoft have made a machine not aimed to appease gamers at all from the looks of things, but I have no doubt it will probably be a successful and popular machine because it's more in-tune with the future and what the broader population wants. The always-on, always-connected, cloud-based, all your games stored online, instant-gratification kind of setup is rejected from traditional gamers but exactly what people have wanted and bought into with every other entertainment industry. Look at iTunes, Netflix, Kindle. Microsoft want the xbox to be the gaming equivalent of those services. An entertainment service provider moreso than a platform holder.tormentos

Stop been a joke the reason why sony is in financial problems was the damn PS3 which they give player to much for to little,it was to expensive to make and they pay for it.

I hate people like you who defend companies like MS who all they do is rip off people,and then you flame sony who yeah loss a ton of money by giving people the best hardware a dollar has even buy in terms of value.

Is incredible how you give MS who just strip you of your rights as a gamer to sell something you legally own and give sony such a hard time,people like you deserve to be rip off by companies like MS,we have a say here that people get what they deserve..

What did I defend you absolute clown? I just explained their rationale and what market they're going for. I *praised* the god damned PS4 as a machine for gamers, but not a sound business decision. Take your anxiety medication and calm the **** down.
legalize82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#55 legalize82
Member since 2013 • 2293 Posts
[QUOTE="Ninja-Hippo"][QUOTE="legalize82"] and who started this crap ? evil empire MS who knows people like u are donkeys.. yhis is a last minute decision why do u think this pile of crap is not ready atlaunch ? they had pretty muchother plans more evil but they heard the internets and made it look softer... bah

I dont think Microsoft invented DRM, and again I am sorry to ruin your life, but Sony patented DRM for games years ago. Not to mention being one of the pioneers of DRM with CDs and MP3s. Sony is not a philanthropic organisation that just wants to spread joy through the world. They need publishers on their side and will court them with anything that makes them happy, just like Microsoft. It is anti-consumer, certainly, but it's the way entertainment has been going for years. Five years from now discs will be a memory.

all this time u puntill now i coul resell my games etc... so dont compare it with somethin 20 years old.. and isf sony doing the same crap i quit.. so be it 2nd here in europe the law is ro consumer if i bu a game ita MINE i can fo with it what i want.. If i wanna shit on a game i shit on it
RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#56 RR360DD
Member since 2011 • 14099 Posts

[QUOTE="Ninja-Hippo"]

[QUOTE="legalize82"] man stfu defending this bullcrap... go buy your drmbox leave ps4 for the true gamersBigboi500

PS4 is gonna have the exact same DRM. COD will not be DRM on the xbox and free-for-all on the PS4. Will never happen. Sorry to break it to you.

quick EDIT: I can never be a 'true gamer' as I've already lost my virginity and graduated college.

Man fvck Call of Duty and sh*t like it. Let's talk about first party. Sony already said they wont have drm for that, but Microsoft will. Now what?

tumblrlit4espbko1qzkxv6.gif

Actually MS won't

:P

Ninja-Hippo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Ninja-Hippo
[QUOTE="legalize82"] all this time u puntill now i coul resell my games etc... so dont compare it with somethin 20 years old.. and isf sony doing the same crap i quit.. so be it 2nd here in europe the law is ro consumer if i bu a game ita MINE i can fo with it what i want.. If i wanna shit on a game i shit on it

No, that is not the law in Europe. Sorry. Copyright belongs to the copyright holder. It is licensed to you. It comes with an end-user license agreement stipulating what you may or may not do with your copy. That is all you own. A copy. The publisher is not obliged to ensure that copy can be transferred to anyone else or enjoyed by anyone else but the person they sell it to.
godzillavskong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#58 godzillavskong
Member since 2007 • 7904 Posts
As a preferred Xbox gamer, I'm seriously considering just going with the ps4, and skipping on the xbox1 alltogether. Leaving the pre-owned chafe up to the publisher is a move in the right direction for Microsoft, seeing as how they won't get their hands dirty with the decision making process, but this 24hr online check-in crap is ludicrous. I just don't know what the execs are thinking ?! Oh well, hopefully e3 will clear a lot of this up.
legalize82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 legalize82
Member since 2013 • 2293 Posts
[QUOTE="Ninja-Hippo"][QUOTE="legalize82"] all this time u puntill now i coul resell my games etc... so dont compare it with somethin 20 years old.. and isf sony doing the same crap i quit.. so be it 2nd here in europe the law is ro consumer if i bu a game ita MINE i can fo with it what i want.. If i wanna shit on a game i shit on it

No, that is not the law in Europe. Sorry. Copyright belongs to the copyright holder. It is licensed to you. It comes with an end-user license agreement stipulating what you may or may not do with your copy. That is all you own. A copy. The publisher is not obliged to ensure that copy can be transferred to anyone else or enjoyed by anyone else but the person they sell it to.

if i wanna sell my game i justbought i can sell it MS is not the one telling me u cant.. i payed for it its mine end of story
Kaszilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Kaszilla
Member since 2011 • 1841 Posts
Good to know some of the biggest gaming sites are dragging the X1 :cool:
k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#61 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts
thye deserve every bit...
godzillavskong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#62 godzillavskong
Member since 2007 • 7904 Posts
[QUOTE="Ninja-Hippo"][QUOTE="legalize82"] and who started this crap ? evil empire MS who knows people like u are donkeys.. yhis is a last minute decision why do u think this pile of crap is not ready atlaunch ? they had pretty muchother plans more evil but they heard the internets and made it look softer... bah

I dont think Microsoft invented DRM, and again I am sorry to ruin your life, but Sony patented DRM for games years ago. Not to mention being one of the pioneers of DRM with CDs and MP3s. Sony is not a philanthropic organisation that just wants to spread joy through the world. They need publishers on their side and will court them with anything that makes them happy, just like Microsoft. It is anti-consumer, certainly, but it's the way entertainment has been going for years. Five years from now discs will be a memory.

Yep. Indeed.
Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#64 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

[QUOTE="Bigboi500"]

Man fvck Call of Duty and sh*t like it. Let's talk about first party. Sony already said they wont have drm for that, but Microsoft will. Now what?

Ninja-Hippo

This would be a compelling point had Microsoft not literally said the exact opposite of what you are claiming.

So Microsoft firs party games can be bought and sold freely used? Does Microsoft even have first party games any more?

dream431ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 dream431ca
Member since 2003 • 10165 Posts

[QUOTE="legalize82"] and who started this crap ? evil empire MS who knows people like u are donkeys.. yhis is a last minute decision why do u think this pile of crap is not ready atlaunch ? they had pretty muchother plans more evil but they heard the internets and made it look softer... bah Ninja-Hippo

Publishers are going to flock to the console with the most gamers. Microsoft has spread the XB1 way too thin. Sony is focusing on games from the get-go which should be a large beacon for publishers. 

Brean24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Brean24
Member since 2007 • 1659 Posts
Actually it isn't. It's getting slaughtered by dumbasses who don't read and have their head stuck so far up their ass they can't breath. The amount of stupidity behind the response of the XOne is hilarious. I mean really, it's like people don't listen. It's like the guy who interrupted Obama in a state of the union speech was like "You Lie!'.
TigerSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 TigerSuperman
Member since 2013 • 4331 Posts
Good to know some of the biggest gaming sites are dragging the X1 :cool:Kaszilla
With unconfirmed statements and rumors.
Avatar image for Douevenlift_bro
Douevenlift_bro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Douevenlift_bro
Member since 2013 • 6804 Posts

and they should be. almost everything about their new console sounds awful. mems_1224
Basically. lol

dream431ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 dream431ca
Member since 2003 • 10165 Posts

Actually it isn't. It's getting slaughtered by dumbasses who don't read and have their head stuck so far up their ass they can't breath. The amount of stupidity behind the response of the XOne is hilarious. I mean really, it's like people don't listen. It's like the guy who interrupted Obama in a state of the union speech was like "You Lie!'.Brean24

Okay???

nyzma23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 nyzma23
Member since 2013 • 1003 Posts

When it comes to consoles, the X1 is like a celebrity that you're going to hear everything about, good or bad. Meanwhile the ps4 is that average joe that no one cares about.Karnage108

3qej1t.jpg

Douevenlift_bro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Douevenlift_bro

[QUOTE="I_can_haz"]":cry: b....bu....bu....but teh mainstream will love it because M$ has teh moniez" I knew this would happen. No company is immune from harsh criticism by the press if enough people out there are angry.Ninja-Hippo
Apple. iPad. Enough said.

Totally. different. Enough said.

Ninja-Hippo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Ninja-Hippo

[QUOTE="Ninja-Hippo"][QUOTE="I_can_haz"]":cry: b....bu....bu....but teh mainstream will love it because M$ has teh moniez" I knew this would happen. No company is immune from harsh criticism by the press if enough people out there are angry.Douevenlift_bro

Apple. iPad. Enough said.

Yet you offered no explanation of how or why. Great argument.
Chris_Williams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Chris_Williams
Member since 2009 • 14882 Posts

cool

heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#74 heretrix
Member since 2004 • 37881 Posts

They deserve it. Whether any of this stuff is true or not, they handled this reveal like a bunch of dumb ass amateurs.

Optical_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Optical_Order
Member since 2008 • 5100 Posts

Good. 

XboxStache

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 XboxStache
Member since 2013 • 1530 Posts

[QUOTE="SolidTy"]

They have E3 to packpedal or to fully commit to these draconian anti consumer policies.

Ninja-Hippo

It's the exact same setup as Steam. I sympathise with the traditional box-and-disc collectors, but nostalgia is not a decent reason to hold back on moving forwards. Digital delivery isn't where the industry is going, it's where the industry already is. Entertainment isn't something you purchase as own any more, it's a service which is delivered. iTunes has been like this for years. Amazon has the exact same setup with Kindle. Steam, if not the whole PC gaming market, has existed in this manner for over a decade.

I think they've made some poor decisions regarding the global market, particularly emerging markets where internet availability makes the Xbone more or less irrelevant, but I really struggle to see anything on that list of proposals which either doesn't exist already or isn't clearly and obviously inevitable in the near future.

Sony are making a gamers machine, and I think they will be applauded for that by gamers. Like a lot of Sony electronics though, I think it'll ultimately be a bad decision. No matter how beloved their next platform may be by gamers, the days of the traditional games console and the traditional game itself are numbered. There will most certainly be a Playstation 5 in a few years time. I cant see Microsoft making a new box ever again.

Except Amazon's Kindle allows you to read anytime you want even if you're not connected. (Provided you downloaded something) The program is an online service with associated fees, but still isn't stripping offline compatibility. The X1 according to rumor is making online mandatory on a server that will cease to exist for the X1 10 years down the line. Online requirement is beyond stupid. With what's going on with the XboxOne (at least in rumor), Microsoft would have a better chance at becoming the first ever rent-a-console than a company expecting anyone to shovel out 400-500 spankies on something consumers THINK they're going to own; but requires a mandatory stipulations. Hopefully, E3 will shed light to this debacle or I'm afraid you're 100 percent correct.
Ninja-Hippo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 Ninja-Hippo
[QUOTE="Ninja-Hippo"]

[QUOTE="SolidTy"]

They have E3 to packpedal or to fully commit to these draconian anti consumer policies.

XboxStache

It's the exact same setup as Steam. I sympathise with the traditional box-and-disc collectors, but nostalgia is not a decent reason to hold back on moving forwards. Digital delivery isn't where the industry is going, it's where the industry already is. Entertainment isn't something you purchase as own any more, it's a service which is delivered. iTunes has been like this for years. Amazon has the exact same setup with Kindle. Steam, if not the whole PC gaming market, has existed in this manner for over a decade.

I think they've made some poor decisions regarding the global market, particularly emerging markets where internet availability makes the Xbone more or less irrelevant, but I really struggle to see anything on that list of proposals which either doesn't exist already or isn't clearly and obviously inevitable in the near future.

Sony are making a gamers machine, and I think they will be applauded for that by gamers. Like a lot of Sony electronics though, I think it'll ultimately be a bad decision. No matter how beloved their next platform may be by gamers, the days of the traditional games console and the traditional game itself are numbered. There will most certainly be a Playstation 5 in a few years time. I cant see Microsoft making a new box ever again.

Except Amazon's Kindle allows you to read anytime you want even if you're not connected. (Provided you downloaded something) The program is an online service with associated fees, but still isn't stripping offline compatibility. The X1 according to rumor is making online mandatory on a server that will cease to exist for the X1 10 years down the line. Online requirement is beyond stupid. With what's going on with the XboxOne (at least in rumor), Microsoft would have a better chance at becoming the first ever rent-a-console than a company expecting anyone to shovel out 400-500 spankies on something consumers THINK they're going to own; but requires a mandatory stipulations. Hopefully, E3 will shed light to this debacle or I'm afraid you're 100 percent correct.

Kindle isnt just books. Its come a long way. The kindle fire is the same principle as what MS is after; the all in one market. And its the same in so far as it treats content as a service provided for a fee, not a product that you buy and own. Movies and tv shows are rented and streamed. Music downloads are tied to an account and a pre-set number of devices. Its difficult to play anything on it that you didnt buy via amazon. The hardware is increasingly irrelevant. They dont want to sell boxes or kindles or ipods, they want you locked into their eco system.
campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
deserves all the negative press... its a monstrosity.
tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

what is funny to me is that regular consumers  won't remember this was all negative stories.

all they will rem this fall is xbox xbox xbox.

sorry but that is just human nature.

toyota sales increased during the middle of a huge recall in which the cars accelerated uncontrollably and were plowing into things.

why?

because they got free commercials on the news every night.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-03-01/toyota-s-u-s-sales-surge-42-unhurt-by-recalls-nissan-hyundai-climb.html

life is funny.  ;)

Riverwolf007

Toyotas will not stop working if you don't connect them to the internet every 24 hours,and you can sell your toyota to who ever you want...

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

When sites like Forbes that were kissing M$' ass before this news are bashing this console you know its in trouble.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 tormentos

[QUOTE="legalize82"] all this time u puntill now i coul resell my games etc... so dont compare it with somethin 20 years old.. and isf sony doing the same crap i quit.. so be it 2nd here in europe the law is ro consumer if i bu a game ita MINE i can fo with it what i want.. If i wanna shit on a game i shit on itNinja-Hippo

In EU you have the right to sell even PC games..:lol:

So i could see MS getting in trouble in EU for the xbox one.

X_CAPCOM_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 X_CAPCOM_X
Member since 2004 • 9567 Posts

[QUOTE="Kaszilla"]Good to know some of the biggest gaming sites are dragging the X1 :cool:TigerSuperman

http://news.xbox.com/2013/06/license

unconfirmed?

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 tormentos

[QUOTE="Kaszilla"]Good to know some of the biggest gaming sites are dragging the X1 :cool:TigerSuperman

Everthing was confirmed..:lol:

XboxStache

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 XboxStache
Member since 2013 • 1530 Posts
[QUOTE="XboxStache"][QUOTE="Ninja-Hippo"] It's the exact same setup as Steam. I sympathise with the traditional box-and-disc collectors, but nostalgia is not a decent reason to hold back on moving forwards. Digital delivery isn't where the industry is going, it's where the industry already is. Entertainment isn't something you purchase as own any more, it's a service which is delivered. iTunes has been like this for years. Amazon has the exact same setup with Kindle. Steam, if not the whole PC gaming market, has existed in this manner for over a decade.

Ninja-Hippo

Kindle isnt just books. Its come a long way. The kindle fire is the same principle as what MS is after; the all in one market. And its the same in so far as it treats content as a service provided for a fee, not a product that you buy and own. Movies and tv shows are rented and streamed. Music downloads are tied to an account and a pre-set number of devices. Its difficult to play anything on it that you didnt buy via amazon. The hardware is increasingly irrelevant. They dont want to sell boxes or kindles or ipods, they want you locked into their eco system.

I totally misunderstood you the first time; I thought you were specifically referring to the Amazon App "Amazon Kindle".
Douevenlift_bro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 Douevenlift_bro

[QUOTE="Douevenlift_bro"]

[QUOTE="Ninja-Hippo"] Apple. iPad. Enough said.Ninja-Hippo

The iPad was a convenience device nobody thought they would need. Xbone, provides NO convenience.

Comprende?

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 I_can_haz
Member since 2013 • 6511 Posts

[QUOTE="Ninja-Hippo"][QUOTE="Douevenlift_bro"]Totally. different. Enough said.

Douevenlift_bro

The iPad was a convenience device nobody thought they would need. Xbone, provides NO convenience.

Comprende?

The ipad also didn't have the entire internet hating on it. Also the ipad doesn't require you to connect to the internet once every 24 hours to use it. I'm able to use my ipad indefinitely without connecting to the internet if I wish too. The only thing I need the internet for on the ipad is to download apps.
I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 I_can_haz
Member since 2013 • 6511 Posts

what is funny to me is that regular consumers  won't remember this was all negative stories.

all they will rem this fall is xbox xbox xbox.

sorry but that is just human nature.

toyota sales increased during the middle of a huge recall in which the cars accelerated uncontrollably and were plowing into things.

why?

because they got free commercials on the news every night.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-03-01/toyota-s-u-s-sales-surge-42-unhurt-by-recalls-nissan-hyundai-climb.html

life is funny.  ;)

Riverwolf007
Horrible analogy considering cars don't require you to connect to the internet once every 24 hours and you can sell a car to whoever you want. You don't have to take permission to sell your damn car if you find it to be crap :lol:
ziggyww

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 ziggyww
Member since 2012 • 907 Posts
This is what happens when you build a anti consumer device that you then want to sell to consumers...your going to get slated.
Jack-Burton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 Jack-Burton
Member since 2013 • 2435 Posts
Sony could come out and say they eat babies and still look better than MS at the moment.
Postal_Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 Postal_Guy
Member since 2006 • 2643 Posts

E3 is gonna be so much fun this year

Trail_Mix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 Trail_Mix
Member since 2011 • 2579 Posts

*Thanks to GAF for the list*dream431ca
And here I was just about to complement you on rounding up such an admirable list, but then I saw this...

IshmaelSonata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 IshmaelSonata
Member since 2008 • 979 Posts

Microsoft have made a machine not aimed to appease gamers at all from the looks of things, but I have no doubt it will probably be a successful and popular machine because it's more in-tune with the future and what the broader population wants. The always-on, always-connected, cloud-based, all your games stored online, instant-gratification kind of setup is rejected from traditional gamers but exactly what people have wanted and bought into with every other entertainment industry. Look at iTunes, Netflix, Kindle. Microsoft want the xbox to be the gaming equivalent of those services. An entertainment service provider moreso than a platform holder.Ninja-Hippo

and as a gamer, you're happy for that because/????? 

As a gamer, this is the reason that I'll be voting with my wallet, buying a PS4 next gen.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178878 Posts

[QUOTE="mems_1224"]and they should be. almost everything about their new console sounds awful. crimsonman1245

This....
Nohtnym

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 Nohtnym
Member since 2010 • 1552 Posts

Microsoft deserves it.

Ninja-Hippo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 Ninja-Hippo

[QUOTE="Ninja-Hippo"][QUOTE="legalize82"] all this time u puntill now i coul resell my games etc... so dont compare it with somethin 20 years old.. and isf sony doing the same crap i quit.. so be it 2nd here in europe the law is ro consumer if i bu a game ita MINE i can fo with it what i want.. If i wanna shit on a game i shit on ittormentos

In EU you have the right to sell even PC games..:lol:

So i could see MS getting in trouble in EU for the xbox one.

Again, this is just completely wrong. You have the right to sell the disc. The publisher is not obliged to make sure that game will then work on another person's computer.
ziggyww

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 ziggyww
Member since 2012 • 907 Posts

[QUOTE="Ninja-Hippo"]Microsoft have made a machine not aimed to appease gamers at all from the looks of things, but I have no doubt it will probably be a successful and popular machine because it's more in-tune with the future and what the broader population wants. The always-on, always-connected, cloud-based, all your games stored online, instant-gratification kind of setup is rejected from traditional gamers but exactly what people have wanted and bought into with every other entertainment industry. Look at iTunes, Netflix, Kindle. Microsoft want the xbox to be the gaming equivalent of those services. An entertainment service provider moreso than a platform holder.IshmaelSonata

and as a gamer, you're happy for that because/????? 

As a gamer, this is the reason that I'll be voting with my wallet, buying a PS4 next gen.

Same here bud I am voting with my wallet also and getting a PS4
Ninja-Hippo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 Ninja-Hippo

[QUOTE="Ninja-Hippo"][QUOTE="Douevenlift_bro"]Totally. different. Enough said.

Douevenlift_bro

Comprende?

No, not at all. I don't think you even understand the basic conversation that you've decided to dive into. The original point made was that all of the negative press is indicative of how bad a product this is, and has shown that no company is immune from failure if enough people hate what they're offering. My counter point was the iPad. That thing was literally *hated* by everyone who laid eyes on it when it was first unveiled. It's now one of the best selling devices on the market. Clearly negative reaction on the internet is not much of a barometer of anything when it comes to how many people might end up buying the product which the internet asserts is doomed to fail. The actual specifications of either product are irrelevant; they were both universally damned upon being unveiled, and one went on to be a gigantic success. Does this mean the Xbone will be a success? Not at all, but it makes the point quite reasonably - internet butthurt is not indicative of reality.
PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#100 PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30574 Posts

And it's totally deserved. Some MS decisions for X1 are so stupid, they are hard to believe!