Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#201 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

@misterpmedia said:

@shawn30 said:

@BeardMaster said:

MS screwed us, will eat crow when its appropriate. The feathers are tough to chew.

Yeah, I'm chewing on a bit of crow, but the free games on the way helps it go down a bit better :)

'free' games...you mean rented games? It's like PS+. Also, appreciating you being a sport.

lol lemmings can't catch a break today.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#202 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60713 Posts

@ladyblue said:

@Heil68 said:

@shawn30 said:

@BeardMaster said:
@misterpmedia said:

What most of the die hard lems on this board will be eating today. Looking forward to the good sportsmanship from a select few who will come out and admit it.

MS screwed us, will eat crow when its appropriate. The feathers are tough to chew.

Yeah, I'm chewing on a bit of crow, but the free games on the way helps it go down a bit better :)

they aren't free now Shawn..lol, it's just like PSN+ :)

Really? lol no

Members will have subscription-based accessto free games ranging from top hits to breaking indie stars. The program will launch on Xbox One with “Max: The Curse of Brotherhood” and “Halo: Spartan Assault.” A single Gold membership will get you access to the free games for both Xbox One and Xbox 360.

lol yes

Videodogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#203 Videodogg
Member since 2002 • 12611 Posts

MS should also ditch the HDMI input to save on manufacturing costs.

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#204  Edited By Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts

LOL

So NOW the lemmings think they're getting free games?

"Free games on Xbox One are available to active Gold members only. Stop your Xbox Live Gold subscription and lose the free games you've downloaded."

http://www.joystiq.com/2014/05/13/xbox-one-deals-games-with-gold-launch-in-june/

FragTycoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#205  Edited By FragTycoon
Member since 2008 • 6430 Posts

Spin fail

donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#206 donalbane
Member since 2003 • 16383 Posts

@musicalmac said:

@theshensolidus said:

In terms of developer relations - you bet your ass this burned bridges. Need proof? Go check out John T Drake from Harmonix latest tweet.

https://twitter.com/johntdrake/status/466238420512034816

If MS didn't have oodles of money to fall back on, the Xbox brand would have been a huge failure by now. It amazes me that basic foundational principles of customer relations elude a company like MS.

Good grief.

They responded to the people who criticized their plan, giving them what many said they wanted. If this is such a PR nightmare, why are people on this very thread saying that they intend to buy a One now? The primary source of negative comments are coming from people who have been anti-Xbox long before this announcement.

BeardMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207 BeardMaster
Member since 2012 • 1686 Posts

@Bigboi500 said:
@BeardMaster said:

@Bigboi500 said:

Well that's my point: Microsoft really didn't support it very well for games to begin with. It was mostly a selling point for media features.

And as a grown as man i like media features, dont live in my parents bedroom, like to watch tv and movies. My point is i like media features, and if they are dropping support, im getting boned.

Because manly men always like media features on their consoles! *strikes a buff pose*

manly men do other things than sit on their ass playing video games.

Avatar image for ghostwarrior786
ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208  Edited By ghostwarrior786
Member since 2005 • 5811 Posts

this guy is hilarious

Wild_man_22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#209 Wild_man_22
Member since 2010 • 907 Posts

Gamers in Nov. 2013: Why would I pay $100 more for something I will never use?

Gamers in May 2014: HA! Why would I pay the same price for such an underpowered device?!

Can't people just be glad that a company is trying to make better decisions in order to compete? Rather than trying to spin them as "weak"?

R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#211 R3FURBISHED
Member since 2008 • 12408 Posts

@Animal-Mother said:

LOL

"Free games on Xbox One are available to active Gold members only. Stop your Xbox Live Gold subscription and lose the free games you've downloaded."

http://www.joystiq.com/2014/05/13/xbox-one-deals-games-with-gold-launch-in-june/

The old model was too good to last. Damn shame.

HitmanActual

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#212  Edited By HitmanActual
Member since 2013 • 1351 Posts

@GrenadeLauncher said:

Motion gaming is dead.

GOOD.

We can only hope. Long overdue.

GTSaiyanjin2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213 GTSaiyanjin2
Member since 2005 • 6018 Posts

It should really be $400 with kinect or $300 without it. I cant see this helping them any.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@BeardMaster said:

@Bigboi500 said:
@BeardMaster said:

@Bigboi500 said:

Well that's my point: Microsoft really didn't support it very well for games to begin with. It was mostly a selling point for media features.

And as a grown as man i like media features, dont live in my parents bedroom, like to watch tv and movies. My point is i like media features, and if they are dropping support, im getting boned.

Because manly men always like media features on their consoles! *strikes a buff pose*

...like sit on their ass and post on gaming forums?

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#215 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

@BeardMaster said:

@Bigboi500 said:
@BeardMaster said:

@Bigboi500 said:

And here you are talking about them on like the rest of us.:)

Avatar image for chikenfriedrice
chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216 chikenfriedrice
Member since 2006 • 13561 Posts

@donalbane said:

@musicalmac said:

@theshensolidus said:

In terms of developer relations - you bet your ass this burned bridges. Need proof? Go check out John T Drake from Harmonix latest tweet.

If MS didn't have oodles of money to fall back on, the Xbox brand would have been a huge failure by now. It amazes me that basic foundational principles of customer relations elude a company like MS.

Good grief.

They responded to the people who criticized their plan, giving them what many said they wanted. If this is such a PR nightmare, why are people on this very thread saying that they intend to buy a One now? The primary source of negative comments are coming from people who have been anti-Xbox long before this announcement.

No I would say it's coming more from the long time Xbox supporters like me who feel shafted.

vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 135

User Lists: 25

#217 vashkey
Member since 2005 • 33781 Posts

Good. I now want an xbox one.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

awesome. kind of impressed with how flexible and how fast MS has changed this gen. Obviously they had to if they wanted to compete but at least they are willing to listen and adapt unlike Nintendo.

Draign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219 Draign
Member since 2013 • 1824 Posts

MS stealing headlines once again.

lglz1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220 lglz1337
Member since 2013 • 4959 Posts

@draign: in a bad way

donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221 donalbane

@chikenfriedrice said:

@donalbane said:

@musicalmac said:

@theshensolidus said:

Good grief.

No I would say it's coming more from the long time Xbox supporters like me who feel shafted.

Well I can understand that if you never wanted it, but if you sell the Kinect when this new SKU launches, you will probably get a decent price for it. I predict they will sell the new ones for $150 or so, so GameStop will probably pay you about $50-$60 for them. You could of course get more on EBay.

Draign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222 Draign
Member since 2013 • 1824 Posts

@chikenfriedrice said:

@donalbane said:

@musicalmac said:

@theshensolidus said:

Good grief.

Why do you feel shafted, do you not want Kinect?

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#223 Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

@AutoPilotOn said:

I think it's a horrible move. It just shows they can't be trusted if they ever could and anything they say could change at anytime.

they made and mistake and now they are rectifying it. What wrong with that? You rather they just continue digging themselves deeper just because of pride? Kinect is a useless piece of garbage anyway.

LadyBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224 LadyBlue
Member since 2012 • 4943 Posts

@Heil68:

@Animal-Mother said:

LOL

http://i.imgur.com/u5kueiN.gif

hahahhaha

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#225 musicalmac  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25098 Posts

@donalbane said:

I think it's indicative of a company that doesn't have a clear direction, perhaps created by misleading executives who say that once people try Kinect, they'll miss having it around. I think this would likely be a necessary step eventually, but perhaps it's coming quicker than I imagined and in a way that surprises developers.

That's not a good thing, to sting the hand that provides content for your console.

I'm not anti-anything except for boring things. Both of these new consoles are largely boring and will be saved only by must-play exclusives (for me personally). I do think this issue seems like it was poorly handled.

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#227  Edited By Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

Excellent, I guess it's time for me to size up a purchase.

chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228 chikenfriedrice

@donalbane said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

@donalbane said:

@musicalmac said:

@theshensolidus said:

Good grief.

Well I can understand that if you never wanted it, but if you sell the Kinect when this new SKU launches, you will probably get a decent price for it. I predict they will sell the new ones for $150 or so, so GameStop will probably pay you about $50-$60 for them. You could of course get more on EBay.

I do like it for it's media features...I just don't like the whole bait and switch and flip flopping MS is doing. They sold XB1 & Kinect as One, now nah we were just kidding.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229  Edited By R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46280 Posts

@Wasdie said:

I'm thinking the exact opposite.

See, Wii U and Xbox one have had some significant price drops now in their relatively short lives.

If anything, I'll wait for the consoles to get even more cheaper, won't take long :)

chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230 chikenfriedrice

@draign said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

@donalbane said:

@musicalmac said:

@theshensolidus said:

Good grief.

Why do you feel shafted, do you not want Kinect?

When a company sells you on something you expect them to stick to it. I can only imagine how the kinect will now fall off the face of the earth, because why continue to invest in it?

kingcrimson24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#231  Edited By kingcrimson24
Member since 2012 • 824 Posts

BeardMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232 BeardMaster

@lostrib said:

@BeardMaster said:

@Bigboi500 said:
@BeardMaster said:

@Bigboi500 said:

we split our time between bodybuilding,com

donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233 donalbane

@musicalmac said:

@donalbane said:

I think it's indicative of a company that doesn't have a clear direction, perhaps created by misleading executives who say that once people try Kinect, they'll miss having it around. I think this would likely be a necessary step eventually, but perhaps it's coming quicker than I imagined and in a way that surprises developers.

That's not a good thing, to sting the hand that provides content for your console.

I'm not anti-anything except for boring things. Both of these new consoles are largely boring and will be saved only by must-play exclusives (for me personally). I do think this issue seems like it was poorly handled.

Yeah, it's been a weird year for sure. I guess I'm just glad that things will continue to be interesting on this forum. I mean, will this boost their sales? What if it doesn't make a significant difference?

Avatar image for ghostwarrior786
ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234 ghostwarrior786
Member since 2005 • 5811 Posts

m$ had such a great vision for gaming, why did u ruin lems hopes and dreams sony?? why?????

- Xbox One MUST have an internet connection

- Games can't be shared

- Games can be traded-in only at select retailers

- Games must be installed

- Kinect must be plugged in for Xbox One to function

- All games must have basic Kinect functionality

- Xbox One must be purchased with Kinect

Avatar image for princessgomez92
PrincessGomez92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 201

#235  Edited By PrincessGomez92
Member since 2013 • 5747 Posts

Terrible news. We need Kinect.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@BeardMaster said:

@lostrib said:

@BeardMaster said:

@Bigboi500 said:
@BeardMaster said:

@Bigboi500 said:

Lol

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237  Edited By GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

"So? Who cares if the GWG stuff is old! At least we get to keep them!"

"I-I'm perfectly fine with a subscription model! P-PlayStation Plus does it v-very well!"

Oh, lemmings. Lemmings, lemmings, lemmings.

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#238  Edited By Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

@R4gn4r0k said:

@Wasdie said:

I'm thinking the exact opposite.

See, Wii U and Xbox one have had some significant price drops now in their relatively short lives.

If anything, I'll wait for the consoles to get even more cheaper, won't take long :)

I wouldn't spend mroe than $200 on a Wii U as the majority of games on that platform don't interest me but with the amount of great looking games coming for the Xbox One, I think $399 is acceptable.

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#239 musicalmac  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25098 Posts

@donalbane said:

Yeah, it's been a weird year for sure. I guess I'm just glad that things will continue to be interesting on this forum. I mean, will this boost their sales? What if it doesn't make a significant difference?

I think it'll boost sales for sure, you've knocked 100 bucks off the price and removed hardware that most of the core gaming crowd don't care to own anyways. Probably too little too late, though. This SKU should have been an option since launch, but instead MS put all their eggs in one basket -- a REALLY GOOD STRATEGY THAT NOBODY THINKS IS EVER A BAD IDEA.

This would be a very different conversation if MS had been responsible. Instead they had Ballmer-style executives making Ballmer-style decisions with Ballmer-style reasoning. Surprisingly bad.

Avatar image for always_explicit
always_explicit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240 always_explicit
Member since 2007 • 3379 Posts

@GrenadeLauncher said:

Holy shit. They are out for blood. Crazy.

LOL Kinect shills, LOL early adopters. You just got buttfucked. MS copying Sony too, what happened to innovation?

Yeah because playing the console we chose to buy has been such a punishment...

Some people can afford the luxury of buying what they want when they want! Its part of the parcel of being an adult, you will get there too one day!

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

Oh great .... less kinect support, one less reason to buy an Xbox 1....

Seriously, what is left that makes it worth choosing over a PS4? Destiny will replace Halo in relevance. Zzz gears zzzz forza.

GTSaiyanjin2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#242 GTSaiyanjin2
Member since 2005 • 6018 Posts

If kinect was not part of the X1 from the start, the X1 would be more on par with the PS4 in terms of performance. Kinect was the only thing that made the console unique, but at the same time no one really liked the features it offered, and for gaming its been rather useless. At $400 the X1 is not a very attractive buy, but neither was its initial $500 price point with kinect. So really MS vision with Kinect an the X1 failed, so now they are just hoping for the best with this move.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

Well, I feel like I called this shit. They actually didn't make it to E3 though lol

BeardMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#244  Edited By BeardMaster
@lostrib said:

@BeardMaster said:

@lostrib said:

@BeardMaster said:

@Bigboi500 said:
@BeardMaster said:

@Bigboi500 said:

Lol

yea i mean technically you arent supposed to call our bluff when we claim we have actual fulfilling lives.

lglz1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245 lglz1337
Member since 2013 • 4959 Posts

@magicalclick: but i have a x360, i just do not buy crap MS just confimed that

Ribstaylor1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#246 Ribstaylor1
Member since 2014 • 2186 Posts

A good idea IMO. For a lot of people kinect is an invasion of privacy and for a lot of other it doesn't warrant the weaker hardware for the price.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#247 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20104 Posts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2q0F5oT0Zo

Dire_Weasel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#248 Dire_Weasel
Member since 2002 • 16681 Posts

R.I.P, Waggle. Our long national nightmare is finally over.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#249 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46280 Posts

@Wasdie said:

I wouldn't spend mroe than $200 on a Wii U as the majority of games on that platform don't interest me but with the amount of great looking games coming for the Xbox One, I think $399 is acceptable.

Of course. But I'm just thinking: was last generation the same ? Where the price drops this early ?

I don't remember so. So I can just hold out for a bit more and perhaps buy a PS4 and Xbone for 299 :D

BeardMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#250 BeardMaster
@Zero_epyon said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2q0F5oT0Zo

fantastic vid, hes a damn retard. but he says what we think.