Demonjoe93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 107

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By Demonjoe93
Member since 2009 • 9869 Posts

I like how cows are just shitting on this, lol.

Anyway, great move by Microsoft. Now, if Sunset Overdrive turns out to be a good game, the One may just have my attention more than the PS4 currently does.

Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#102 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts

@ghostwarrior786 said:

bu-bu titanfall!!!! titanfall was going to save xbox!! haha

titanfall bombed as a system seller and now they have to remove kinect. this is hilarious

Isn't it a good thing that the new people in charge seem to be trying to rectify the mistakes of the past rather than repeating them?

shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#103  Edited By shawn30
Member since 2006 • 4409 Posts

@GoldenElementXL said:

@shawn30 said:

@GoldenElementXL: Its not flip-flopping, its making changes on the fly that consumers have been s creaming they want. In business your original plan and what will actually work don't always coincide. The smart businessman knows when to switch course and make smarter moves. MS has taken entertainment apps from behind the Gold paywall, removed Kinect, and lowered the price to $399. You can't be so prideful that you don't see the writing on the wall. I wished MS would take the hit anbd keep Kinect in the box, but they thought otherwise, lol. Its fine by me. I can still use Kinect and others who want nothing to do with it can have a Xbox One without paying for it. It takes alot of grit to change course and make smarter moves even when you know criticism will come. Kudos to Phil Spencer righting this f'ing ship.

They are removing the device that makes this console unique. How is that smart? The $399 sku will offer nothing original compared to the PS4 at the same price. The PS4 will kill that sku too. Not all people were excited about the kinect integration but it does offer an experience that cant be had anywhere else. They needed to hammer home why people needed the Kinect and why it made their console better than the competition.

The problem was the price tag. I get that. But Microsoft needed to find another way to get the price down. What I don't know. But now all they have is a $399 box that is weaker than the $399 PS4. Good luck with that.

The entire One Guide, Snap, NFL Fantasy Football app, quick switching, and all of the Xbox One exclusive games are more than enough to be a difference. At the end of the day even though the 360 had better multiplat performances the PS3 sold 80+ million just like the 360 did. Games, price, features sell consoles. All else is BS at the end of the day. I can't get Halo 5, Gears of War 4, Forza Horizon, Fable Legends, Killer Instinct, Sunset Overdrive or Quantum Break on PS4 and I care more about that more than playing the new CoD in 1080p versus whatever resolution it'll be on the One.

LadyBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By LadyBlue
Member since 2012 • 4943 Posts
@finalstar2007 said:

Will it actually work this time? will it be scratched off like the rest of the things? :P

It's safe to assume that if this doesn't put them over sony numbers consistently, than its 2nd place for the rest of the gen.

Avatar image for ghostwarrior786
ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By ghostwarrior786
Member since 2005 • 5811 Posts

@finalstar2007 said:

Will it actually work this time? will it be scratched off like the rest of the things? :P

scratch it off!! x1 titanfall bundle WITH kinect was selling for $450 last month and it didnt beat ps4, how the hell is stand alone console for 399 gona stand a chance. $399 + titanfall then it could sell good

tymeservesfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 tymeservesfate
Member since 2003 • 2230 Posts

i have to admit...this is surprising. but oh well...

Loading Video...

donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#107  Edited By donalbane
Member since 2003 • 16383 Posts

@hitmanactual said:

@StrongBlackVine: No but they forced me to buy a useless add on that I have no interest in and never use.

I am glad they are dropping the POS. Hopefully they stop focusing on it altogether and concentrate on being a gaming system like the 360 was before all the Kinect bullshit started.

I suppose I can use it as a paperweight.

You should be able to sell it, actually. Once this SKU hits, there will be people looking to buy them used.

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#108 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts

@blue_hazy_basic said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

titanfall bombed as a system seller and now they have to remove kinect. this is hilarious

Isn't it a good thing that the new people in charge seem to be trying to rectify the mistakes of the past rather than repeating them?

ken kutaragi comes to mind..cows were so glad to see that guy gone

Sword-Demon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 Sword-Demon
Member since 2008 • 7007 Posts

A smart business move, but it's still annoying when people/companies go back on their word, especially when they were saying how essential it was.

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#110 misterpmedia
Member since 2013 • 6209 Posts

@happyduds77 said:

I am not gonna pretend like this is not a good thing, but doesn't this stand against their previous statement that Xbox One and Kinect can not be separated?

Phil Harrison said before:

""Correct. Xbox One is Kinect. They are not separate systems. An Xbox One has chips, it has memory, it has Blu-ray, it has Kinect, it has a controller. These are all part of the platform ecosystem.""

LadyBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 LadyBlue

@jonesy1911 said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

@lawlessx said:

@ladyblue said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

@ladyblue said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

I disagree with this....they are basically giving up on the product they built the XB1 around. I would hate to have an XB1 without my voice commands.

No! they're finally listening to what gamers want. It's the right move, kinect lovers can still use it if thats the way they want to go.

Yes, but this whole system was integrated with Kinect in mind, that's what they have been saying & showing from the jump. This is a desperation move which isn't needed, if you ask me.

And now what does that mean for devs that want to use voice commands in games? Why would they even bother implementing kinect at all? I don't like this.

They're giving an option to those that don't care about kinect. No harm to those that can still use it.

You make it seem as if it was bringing something new to the table.

can i record gameplay on the ps4 by saying "PS4 record that"?

Hell no they can't....one of my favorite things to do :)

we just double tap the share button..... much quicker than saying anything at all.

I'm getting the feeling that lems are angry because they had to pay $100 more a few months ago. If this were an option from the get go, it would've eclipsed the kinect bundle.

BeardMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By BeardMaster
Member since 2012 • 1686 Posts

great move MS position your system at the same pricepoint as the ps4, a more powerful system. Gee i wonder which gamers will pick.

At least before i could pretend i bought an xbox one because i felt the R&D costs of kinect justified it. Now im just a sucker, think i wanna see xbox die now.

Avatar image for chikenfriedrice
chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 chikenfriedrice
Member since 2006 • 13561 Posts

@Bigboi500 said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

@Bigboi500 said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

Yes, but this whole system was integrated with Kinect in mind, that's what they have been saying & showing from the jump. This is a desperation move which isn't needed, if you ask me.

And now what does that mean for devs that want to use voice commands in games? Why would they even bother implementing kinect at all? I don't like this.

Mother f*ck Kinect. Microsoft doesn't have faith in it, gamers don't want it. It's the right move for a company that's made one bad decision after another. They deserve praise for finally listening to the people they need to buy their hardware.

I use kinect every day ( not for games ) but for the main purpose they intended it for and I love it.....they don't deserve praise for flip flopping all the damn time.

I have no idea why you'd be upset about this. Look at the facts: you still get to use the feature the way you want to use it; more people will buy Xbox One now (including me) ; devs won't do anything with Kinect differently just because some One's don't have Kinect.

Because they are basically saying kinect is a throw away.....why would they continue to support it and improve it?

blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By blue_hazy_basic  Moderator

@lawlessx said:

@blue_hazy_basic said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

ken kutaragi comes to mind..cows were so glad to see that guy gone

lol Good times, I remember one guy having "I'd fall on my sword for Ken Kutaragi" in his sig for ages ...

LadyBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 LadyBlue

@misterpmedia said:

@happyduds77 said:

I am not gonna pretend like this is not a good thing, but doesn't this stand against their previous statement that Xbox One and Kinect can not be separated?

""Correct. Xbox One is Kinect. They are not separate systems. An Xbox One has chips, it has memory, it has Blu-ray, it has Kinect, it has a controller. These are all part of the platform ecosystem.""

The writing was on the wall. Nobody wanted that pos. Now devs, and potential buyers can ignore it.

PhazonBlazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#116  Edited By PhazonBlazer
Member since 2007 • 12013 Posts

Good, maybe they'll be able to outsell the Wii U now.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#117  Edited By Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

PS4 and Xbox One . Now one console with two names .

Wow , so much variety .

ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 ghostwarrior786

@blue_hazy_basic said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

yes it is. im just laughing at all the lems who seem to think x1 is selling good, its selling garbage compared to m$ expectations hence the desperation bundles last month and with titanfall now flopping they are forced to remove kinect.

bu-bu x1 is selling good guys!! dont worry!!

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts

Good move. Should be cheaper than the PS4 though, since it's weaker. Or at least chuck in some free games.

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By lawlessx

@ladyblue said:

@misterpmedia said:

@happyduds77 said:

The writing was on the wall. Nobody wanted that pos. Now devs, and potential buyers can ignore it.

you make it sound like they had no choice but to use kinect.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#121  Edited By Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts
@chikenfriedrice said:

@Bigboi500 said:

I have no idea why you'd be upset about this. Look at the facts: you still get to use the feature the way you want to use it; more people will buy Xbox One now (including me) ; devs won't do anything with Kinect differently just because some One's don't have Kinect.

Because they are basically saying kinect is a throw away.....why would they continue to support it and improve it?

Well that's my point: Microsoft really didn't support it very well for games to begin with. It was mostly a selling point for media features.

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By misterpmedia

@Dire_Weasel said:

Also, April NPD numbers must have been insane for this to be announced now. The price drop / unbundling is almost a month away, do they expect to sell any console at all for the remainder of May?

Yup Xbone must be getting slaughtered. The tiny peak from Titanfall not giving them sales edge in march was probably the first dream they awoke from.

chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By chikenfriedrice

@jonesy1911 said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

@lawlessx said:

@ladyblue said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

@ladyblue said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

I disagree with this....they are basically giving up on the product they built the XB1 around. I would hate to have an XB1 without my voice commands.

No! they're finally listening to what gamers want. It's the right move, kinect lovers can still use it if thats the way they want to go.

They're giving an option to those that don't care about kinect. No harm to those that can still use it.

we just double tap the share button..... much quicker than saying anything at all.

When you remove a finger from the button your supposed to be pushing to record something I think that is a hindrance. Saying "Xbox record that" is intuitive and smooth.

blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@blue_hazy_basic said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

yes it is. im just laughing at all the lems who seem to think x1 is selling good, its selling garbage compared to m$ expectations hence the desperation bundles last month and with titanfall now flopping they are forced to remove kinect.

I think its less to do with titanfall than the new crowd realising that 90% of gamers don't give a crap about kinect. The idea is sort of cool I guess (I have zero interest I might add) but its just irrelevant for most games. I still think the PS4 is going to smear the XB1 if they are at the same price though.

chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 chikenfriedrice

@ladyblue said:

@jonesy1911 said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

@lawlessx said:

@ladyblue said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

@ladyblue said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

I'm getting the feeling that lems are angry because they had to pay $100 more a few months ago. If this were an option from the get go, it would've eclipsed the kinect bundle.

I would have still bought it with kinect because MS sold me on it.....bait and switch MS!

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts

@donalbane said:

It makes sense to me that games like Titanfall didn't take advantage of the Kinect stuff at all. They were probably in on it, and didn't want to limit their sales-base. Thankfully, games that did like Ryse and Dead Rising 3 will work fine without voice or gesture commands.

TF was multiplat so why would it use Kinect?

Devs have to make a game specifically for the XOne and not XOne\360\PC for Kinect to a major part of a game. Not going to happen now.

TheShensolidus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 TheShensolidus
Member since 2013 • 224 Posts

Microsoft commited to the Kinect its public support as late as this February, and 3 months later it is gone. Going by the fact that the console w/o Kinect is slated to hit on June 9th, the day of E3, i'm assuming this was originally meant to be an E3 announcement. Going by what I know from my side of things, April and May (so far) have not been kind to X1 demand here in the US.

I'm guessing this announcement was made to get ahead of April NPDs being released in a few days, as well as creating a strong business case as to how they concede the month of May. If the sales difference for these two months can really be that vast for two months in a row in its prime selling territory, I don't think that puts forth a strong image of the brand going into E3.

Once again, the ones I feel bad for in all of this are early adopters, who bought into the ideas and vision MS was selling, just to have the rug pulled out from under them after 7 months of being on the market. Those fans, who bought the X1 and its Kinect-controlled vision and games at a $100 premium, are now kind of abandoned. People will drum up comparisons of this move and what Nintendo did with the 3DS when it dropped its price less than a year into the device being sold, and I don't think thats simply true. Nintendo created the ambassador program to compensate those early adopters. I am honestly hopeful early Xbone purchasers see similar compensation.

AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 AutoPilotOn
Member since 2010 • 8655 Posts

@kingtito: titanfall may have been multilplat it they acted as if it was exclusive. I was surprised they didn't use kinect for team video chat since it supported so few players it wouldn't of been to hectic.

Spartan070

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 Spartan070
Member since 2004 • 16497 Posts

@Suppaman100 said:

LMAO!!!

Spartan070

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 Spartan070
Member since 2004 • 16497 Posts

Phil Spencer paying dividends with common sense.

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 lawlessx

@theshensolidus said:

Microsoft commited to the Kinect its public support as late as this February, and 3 months later it is gone. Going by the fact that the console w/o Kinect is slated to hit on June 9th, the day of E3, i'm assuming this was originally meant to be an E3 announcement. Going by what I know from my side of things, April and May (so far) have not been kind to X1 demand here in the US.

I'm guessing this announcement was made to get ahead of April NPDs being released in a few days, as well as creating a strong business case as to how they concede the month of May. If the sales difference for these two months can really be that vast for two months in a row in its prime selling territory, I don't think that puts forth a strong image of the brand going into E3.

Once again, the ones I feel bad for in all of this are early adopters, who bought into the ideas and vision MS was selling, just to have the rug pulled out from under them after 7 months of being on the market. Those fans, who bought the X1 and its Kinect-controlled vision and games at a $100 premium, are now kind of abandoned. People will drum up comparisons of this move and what Nintendo did with the 3DS when it dropped its price less than a year into the device being sold, and I don't think thats simply true. Nintendo created the ambassador program to compensate those early adopters. I am honestly hopeful early Xbone purchasers see similar compensation.

Maybe that is what microsoft will announce at it's E3 conference.

lglz1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By lglz1337
Member since 2013 • 4959 Posts

Yusuf cried before recording!

bb bb bbbut the kinect is in our dna we do think that people with kinect have the better experience, like Xbone play titanfall... haha

you can see the defeat in his eyes

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By misterpmedia

@ladyblue said:

Hey at least by the time, say me, or any other person who held out for obvious reasons get the better product after all the die hard lems have beta tested the system for us :P

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60695 Posts

Well I guess I should of waited and lol @kinect(lol) being dropped so early on..lolz

Avatar image for deactivated-583e460ca986b
deactivated-583e460ca986b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By deactivated-583e460ca986b
Member since 2004 • 7240 Posts

@shawn30 said:

@GoldenElementXL said:

They are removing the device that makes this console unique. How is that smart? The $399 sku will offer nothing original compared to the PS4 at the same price. The PS4 will kill that sku too. Not all people were excited about the kinect integration but it does offer an experience that cant be had anywhere else. They needed to hammer home why people needed the Kinect and why it made their console better than the competition.

The problem was the price tag. I get that. But Microsoft needed to find another way to get the price down. What I don't know. But now all they have is a $399 box that is weaker than the $399 PS4. Good luck with that.

The entire One Guide, Snap, NFL Fantasy Football app, quick switching, and all of the Xbox One exclusive games are more than enough to be a difference. At the end of the day even though the 360 had better multiplat performances the PS3 sold 80+ million just like the 360 did. Games, price, features sell consoles. All else is BS at the end of the day. I can't get Halo 5, Gears of War 4, Forza Horizon, Fable Legends, Killer Instinct, Sunset Overdrive or Quantum Break on PS4 and I care more about that more than playing the new CoD in 1080p versus whatever resolution it'll be on the One.

You will take One Guide and the Fantasy Football app over 1080p resolution and better frame rates?

And regarding your last sentence I do agree when it comes to multiplats on consoles the native resolution really isn't a huge deal. I bought Battlefield 4 on XB1 because I thought the community would be more active vs PS4. But if someone can only get 1 of the consoles, native resolution can be a deciding factor. Multiplats have driven the market for years and when multiplats are always better on one console it's hard to get consumers on your side. This is why Sony's PR has been hitting 1080p 60fps so hard. (even when its not true) That is why Microsoft needed to keep kinect in every box. It was something that set them apart.

shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 shawn30
Member since 2006 • 4409 Posts

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@blue_hazy_basic said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

No, it actually is selling it. Its the second fastest selling console ever, and all those people who thought whatever at MS are no longer in charge. Phil Spencer is doing one hell of a job in changing course. It'll be interesting to see where things are a year from now.

LadyBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 LadyBlue

@lawlessx said:

@ladyblue said:

@misterpmedia said:

@happyduds77 said:

you make it sound like they had no choice but to use kinect.

You make it sound like potential buyers had no choice but to pay for something they didn't want in the first place... oh wait!

Anyone that wants to use kinect features like the one you mentioned a little ago can still use it. There was no option for those that didn't want kinect, now there is. Whats wrong with that?

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By Bigboi500

@blue_hazy_basic said:

I still think the PS4 is going to smear the XB1 if they are at the same price though.

Me too.

chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 chikenfriedrice

@theshensolidus said:

I highly doubt that unfortunately.

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 misterpmedia

@kingtito said:

@donalbane said:

It makes sense to me that games like Titanfall didn't take advantage of the Kinect stuff at all. They were probably in on it, and didn't want to limit their sales-base. Thankfully, games that did like Ryse and Dead Rising 3 will work fine without voice or gesture commands.

Devs have to make a game specifically for the XOne and not XOne\360\PC for Kinect to a major part of a game. Not going to happen now.

The Fighter Within.

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#141 musicalmac  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25098 Posts

I think that's a really bad idea, unless they already filled in all the developers working on titles for the system. They invested a whole bunch in the Kinect connection, and now here we are...

That's pretty significant news.

BeardMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 BeardMaster
Member since 2012 • 1686 Posts

@Bigboi500 said:
@chikenfriedrice said:

@Bigboi500 said:

Well that's my point: Microsoft really didn't support it very well for games to begin with. It was mostly a selling point for media features.

And as a grown as man i like media features, dont live in my parents bedroom, like to watch tv and movies. My point is i like media features, and if they are dropping support, im getting boned.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts

@AutoPilotOn said:

@kingtito: titanfall may have been multilplat it they acted as if it was exclusive. I was surprised they didn't use kinect for team video chat since it supported so few players it wouldn't of been to hectic.

Yes MS did act as if it was exclusive but it wasn't MS that developed the game.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 Bigboi500
@Heil68 said:

Well I guess I should of waited and lol @kinect(lol) being dropped so early on..lolz

lol kinect and lol @ you buying one, you big fat lemming. :P

lglz1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 lglz1337
Member since 2013 • 4959 Posts

sony @e3: we will bundle playstation camera with the console for 399$

this would be hilarious

ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146  Edited By ghostwarrior786

@shawn30 said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@blue_hazy_basic said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

No, it actually is selling it. Its the second fastest selling console ever, and all those people who thought whatever at MS are no longer in charge. Phil Spencer is doing one hell of a job in changing course. It'll be interesting to see where things are a year from now.

^^^haha that delusion. cut it out shawn, if it was selling good they wouldnt need to do all this 5-6 months after launch, sure its selling some but not nearly as much m$ had hoped. u still think titanfall 2 is going to be exclusive? NO WAY

also, expect ps4 to still slaughter it even in us, the bundle deals they were offering were much better than this, 399 for standalone is horrible deal compared to last months. 350+ titanfall then they could sell more than sony in us otherwise no chance

blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator

@Heil68 said:

TH68HBO!

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148  Edited By misterpmedia

What most of the die hard lems on this board will be eating today. Looking forward to the good sportsmanship from a select few who will come out and admit it.

chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149  Edited By chikenfriedrice

@BeardMaster said:

@Bigboi500 said:
@chikenfriedrice said:

@Bigboi500 said:

And as a grown as man i like media features, dont live in my parents bedroom, like to watch tv and movies. My point is i like media features, and if they are dropping support, im getting boned.

Same here

donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#150 donalbane
Member since 2003 • 16383 Posts

@kingtito said:

@donalbane said:

Well Mass Effect 3 was multiplatform, and it still had that, "Better With Kinect" stuff. I actually enjoyed talking during the dialogue parts, switching weapons and telling team mates to shoot particular targets, but it was far from essential. I was just saying that the absence of Kinect was fairly conspicuous in TitanFall, as was the absence of Smart Glass. Now it makes a lot more sense.