Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#151 Renegade_Fury
Member since 2003 • 21700 Posts

Good, I guess, but this is just more proof that the "post J. Allard MS" should have stuck with the philosophy they had when his team designed the 360. Maybe then we'd have a more powerful console that had some form of BC for at least XBLA titles too.

Truth_Hurts_U

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#152  Edited By Truth_Hurts_U
Member since 2006 • 9703 Posts

Good no more stupid fad crap!

I might never buy a XBO but I have to take my hat off and say good job MS... You finally did something right.

TheShensolidus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#153 TheShensolidus
Member since 2013 • 224 Posts

@musicalmac said:

I think that's a really bad idea, unless they already filled in all the developers working on titles for the system. They invested a whole bunch in the Kinect connection, and now here we are...

That's pretty significant news.

In terms of developer relations - you bet your ass this burned bridges. Need proof? Go check out John T Drake from Harmonix latest tweet.

https://twitter.com/johntdrake/status/466238420512034816

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#154 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts
@BeardMaster said:

@Bigboi500 said:

Well that's my point: Microsoft really didn't support it very well for games to begin with. It was mostly a selling point for media features.

And as a grown as man i like media features, dont live in my parents bedroom, like to watch tv and movies. My point is i like media features, and if they are dropping support, im getting boned.

Because manly men always like media features on their consoles! *strikes a buff pose*

cheesie253

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 cheesie253
Member since 2003 • 1014 Posts

Smart move on their end over at MS. While I like the Kinect and it works great I don't use it other than it signing me in.

They will get a ton of crap from forum fanboys and the like but in the end it comes down to what the consumers see on the shelves.

If this is true the xbox one will be the same price and have pretty much all of the same games. The majority of buyers out there don't know about resolution or MS mistakes early on. Of course those that did knew where to spend their money on release based on that info.

There are millions of people out there that haven't bought a new gen system and know nothing about specs or all of the fanboy/forum talk. It boils down to price and the name recognition of Sony or Xbox.

This is a good move by them to hopefully pick up on sales by being the same price.

BeardMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 BeardMaster
Member since 2012 • 1686 Posts
@misterpmedia said:

What most of the die hard lems on this board will be eating today. Looking forward to the good sportsmanship from a select few who will come out and admit it.

MS screwed us, will eat crow when its appropriate. The feathers are tough to chew.

shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157 shawn30
Member since 2006 • 4409 Posts
@theshensolidus said:

Microsoft commited to the Kinect its public support as late as this February, and 3 months later it is gone. Going by the fact that the console w/o Kinect is slated to hit on June 9th, the day of E3, i'm assuming this was originally meant to be an E3 announcement. Going by what I know from my side of things, April and May (so far) have not been kind to X1 demand here in the US.

I'm guessing this announcement was made to get ahead of April NPDs being released in a few days, as well as creating a strong business case as to how they concede the month of May. If the sales difference for these two months can really be that vast for two months in a row in its prime selling territory, I don't think that puts forth a strong image of the brand going into E3.

Once again, the ones I feel bad for in all of this are early adopters, who bought into the ideas and vision MS was selling, just to have the rug pulled out from under them after 7 months of being on the market. Those fans, who bought the X1 and its Kinect-controlled vision and games at a $100 premium, are now kind of abandoned. People will drum up comparisons of this move and what Nintendo did with the 3DS when it dropped its price less than a year into the device being sold, and I don't think thats simply true. Nintendo created the ambassador program to compensate those early adopters. I am honestly hopeful early Xbone purchasers see similar compensation.

No need to really. Kinetic-enabled apps and navigation will continue to get updates and optimization. The device will still be sold. My son enjoys some Kinect games, but more than anything Skype and the navigating portions of it are what I use it for. I haven't lost anything by MS doing this. Since Phil took over I'm now going to get free games every month, I know the company is hell-bent on securing great games. This was a business choice and smart move. Doesn't change how I use my One at all.

Avatar image for ghostwarrior786
ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#158  Edited By ghostwarrior786
Member since 2005 • 5811 Posts

@musicalmac said:

I think that's a really bad idea, unless they already filled in all the developers working on titles for the system. They invested a whole bunch in the Kinect connection, and now here we are...

Basinboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#159 Basinboy
Member since 2003 • 14495 Posts

Good for lems - they now have an Xbox-branded PS4.

Now where's FoxbatAlpha to spin this news as though it's not inspired by Sony's success?

lglz1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 lglz1337
Member since 2013 • 4959 Posts

kinect rendered pointless!

LadyBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161  Edited By LadyBlue
Member since 2012 • 4943 Posts

@misterpmedia said:

@ladyblue said:

I'm getting the feeling that lems are angry because they had to pay $100 more a few months ago. If this were an option from the get go, it would've eclipsed the kinect bundle.

Hey at least by the time, say me, or any other person who held out for obvious reasons get the better product after all the die hard lems have beta tested the system for us :P

Right in time for that Sunset black friday bungaloo at $350, or dare I say $299.

Thanks again lems.

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 misterpmedia
Member since 2013 • 6209 Posts

@BeardMaster said:

MS screwed us, will eat crow when its appropriate. The feathers are tough to chew.

*tips stetson.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163  Edited By Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60711 Posts

@blue_hazy_basic said:

@Heil68 said:

Well I guess I should of waited and lol @kinect(lol) being dropped so early on..lolz

TH68HBO!

bah, least I've enjoyed the few games out thus far. It would of been nice to save the $100 tho. :(

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 freedomfreak  Online
Member since 2004 • 52425 Posts

lulz

lglz1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 lglz1337

@freedomfreak: lol

Kiro0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 Kiro0
Member since 2009 • 1176 Posts

Man Microsoft really cannot sell anyone on their 'vision' for console gaming. First they had to dump all their always-online crap and now this. At least they're willing to change I guess, that or unwilling to take the sales hits it causes. Looks like we're going right back to last gen now.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts

@donalbane said:

@kingtito said:

@donalbane said:

It makes sense to me that games like Titanfall didn't take advantage of the Kinect stuff at all. They were probably in on it, and didn't want to limit their sales-base. Thankfully, games that did like Ryse and Dead Rising 3 will work fine without voice or gesture commands.

TF was multiplat so why would it use Kinect?

Devs have to make a game specifically for the XOne and not XOne\360\PC for Kinect to a major part of a game. Not going to happen now.

Well Mass Effect 3 was multiplatform, and it still had that, "Better With Kinect" stuff. I actually enjoyed talking during the dialogue parts, switching weapons and telling team mates to shoot particular targets, but it was far from essential. I was just saying that the absence of Kinect was fairly conspicuous in TitanFall, as was the absence of Smart Glass. Now it makes a lot more sense.

Good point. We'll have to see what the future holds for Kinect but what ever it is it'll be less of it now.

HitmanActual

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168  Edited By HitmanActual
Member since 2013 • 1351 Posts

@lglz1337 said:

sony @e3: we will bundle playstation camera with the console for 399$

this would be hilarious

Yes it would. Would be even greater if ol' Jack was still around to drive the boots in and bitch slap MS.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#169 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

@ghostwarrior786 said:

Are there really any Kinect games in development?

TheShensolidus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170  Edited By TheShensolidus

@shawn30 said:
@theshensolidus said:

Microsoft commited to the Kinect its public support as late as this February, and 3 months later it is gone. Going by the fact that the console w/o Kinect is slated to hit on June 9th, the day of E3, i'm assuming this was originally meant to be an E3 announcement. Going by what I know from my side of things, April and May (so far) have not been kind to X1 demand here in the US.

I'm guessing this announcement was made to get ahead of April NPDs being released in a few days, as well as creating a strong business case as to how they concede the month of May. If the sales difference for these two months can really be that vast for two months in a row in its prime selling territory, I don't think that puts forth a strong image of the brand going into E3.

Once again, the ones I feel bad for in all of this are early adopters, who bought into the ideas and vision MS was selling, just to have the rug pulled out from under them after 7 months of being on the market. Those fans, who bought the X1 and its Kinect-controlled vision and games at a $100 premium, are now kind of abandoned. People will drum up comparisons of this move and what Nintendo did with the 3DS when it dropped its price less than a year into the device being sold, and I don't think thats simply true. Nintendo created the ambassador program to compensate those early adopters. I am honestly hopeful early Xbone purchasers see similar compensation.

No need to really. Kinetic-enabled apps and navigation will continue to get updates and optimization. The device will still be sold. My son enjoys some Kinect games, but more than anything Skype and the navigating portions of it are what I use it for. I haven't lost anything by MS doing this. Since Phil took over I'm now going to get free games every month, I know the company is hell-bent on securing great games. This was a business choice and smart move. Doesn't change how I use my One at all.

Except your are more than likely going to get less support for the device going forward, ESPECIALLY if the Kinect-Less sku really takes off. But this isn't about the Kinect and its sellability - if you purchased the system already, then we already know that the console had sales appeal for you.

Since Spencer took over? Games w/Gold has been in place since last E3 (on 360). All today's announcement did was turn it into PS+ and put it on X1, which is amazing! But I wouldn't necessarily say this is all a result of one man.

Put it this way - if the X1 was selling like hotcakes, do you think ANY of today's announcements would've happened? These were all reactionary to poor reception and sales.

LadyBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171  Edited By LadyBlue

@Basinboy said:

Now where's FoxbatAlpha to spin this news as though it's not inspired by Sony's success?

I expect madness from fox.

donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#172 donalbane
Member since 2003 • 16383 Posts

@lglz1337 said:

kinect rendered pointless!

For gaming, perhaps. I use it all the time for the media stuff. That's not going to change because it's not bundled in every SKU.

Avatar image for ghostwarrior786
ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 ghostwarrior786
Member since 2005 • 5811 Posts

@Bigboi500 said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

yep. i think its called d4 or something, it was getting hyped by lems. also whatever rare is making lol

Avatar image for deactivated-583e460ca986b
deactivated-583e460ca986b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 deactivated-583e460ca986b
Member since 2004 • 7240 Posts

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@musicalmac said:

Jeff speaks the truth. Games like Fantasia Music Evolved were getting some love last year at E3. This new sku will have a negative impact on their games sales. Microsoft including the Kinect with every console gave devs incentive to create games using the tech. Now devs will just ignore it like they did last gen on 360.

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#175  Edited By musicalmac  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25098 Posts

@ghostwarrior786 said:

That's too bad. I don't like that cynical tweet.

sibu_xgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 sibu_xgamer
Member since 2014 • 340 Posts

@ladyblue said:

@Basinboy said:

I expect madness from fox.

I expect hypocrisy as usual from Xbone fanboys.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

fanboys, you make no sense

Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts

@freedomfreak said:

lulz

LOL

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#179  Edited By musicalmac  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25098 Posts

@theshensolidus said:

In terms of developer relations - you bet your ass this burned bridges. Need proof? Go check out John T Drake from Harmonix latest tweet.

If MS didn't have oodles of money to fall back on, the Xbox brand would have been a huge failure by now. It amazes me that basic foundational principles of customer relations elude a company like MS.

Good grief.

BeardMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 BeardMaster
Member since 2012 • 1686 Posts

@chikenfriedrice said:

@BeardMaster said:

@Bigboi500 said:
@chikenfriedrice said:

@Bigboi500 said:

I have no idea why you'd be upset about this. Look at the facts: you still get to use the feature the way you want to use it; more people will buy Xbox One now (including me) ; devs won't do anything with Kinect differently just because some One's don't have Kinect.

Because they are basically saying kinect is a throw away.....why would they continue to support it and improve it?

Well that's my point: Microsoft really didn't support it very well for games to begin with. It was mostly a selling point for media features.

And as a grown as man i like media features, dont live in my parents bedroom, like to watch tv and movies. My point is i like media features, and if they are dropping support, im getting boned.

Same here

how are you not fired up? frankly im pissed if they are gonna start phasing out kinect.

shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181 shawn30

@BeardMaster said:
@misterpmedia said:

What most of the die hard lems on this board will be eating today. Looking forward to the good sportsmanship from a select few who will come out and admit it.

Yeah, I'm chewing on a bit of crow, but the free games on the way helps it go down a bit better :)

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 Heil68

@shawn30 said:

@BeardMaster said:
@misterpmedia said:

Yeah, I'm chewing on a bit of crow, but the free games on the way helps it go down a bit better :)

they aren't free now Shawn..lol, it's just like PSN+ :)

lglz1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183  Edited By lglz1337

@hitmanactual: and drops mic?

yes that would be fun

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184 misterpmedia
@ghostwarrior786 said:

LOL

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@shawn30 said:

@BeardMaster said:
@misterpmedia said:

what free games?

Nike_Air

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186 Nike_Air
Member since 2006 • 19733 Posts

@Heil68 said:

@shawn30 said:

@BeardMaster said:
@misterpmedia said:

LOL

Sollet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#187 Sollet
Member since 2003 • 8282 Posts

But... Kinect is the future and one of the things that defines Xbox One and next gen... Or so I was told by Lemmings.

shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188 shawn30

@Heil68 said:

@shawn30 said:

@BeardMaster said:
@misterpmedia said:

Lol, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. New games each month is just a smart move. MS is gearing up for one hell of a Games-focused E3. I expect all the TV integrations/new apps stuff will leak soon too.

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189  Edited By misterpmedia

@shawn30 said:

@BeardMaster said:
@misterpmedia said:

'free' games...you mean rented games? It's like PS+. Also, appreciating you being a sport.

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190 GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

Motion gaming is dead.

GOOD.

Eddie-Vedder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191 Eddie-Vedder
Member since 2003 • 7810 Posts

Loool the xbone has to be the biggest screw up in the history of system wars. Now they can't even make games with kinect as default cause not everyone has one. Greedy M$ instead of just taking the hit and dropping the price.. Just wow M$ is crumbling quick. May just be the end of xbox.

LadyBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192 LadyBlue
@Heil68 said:

@shawn30 said:

@BeardMaster said:
@misterpmedia said:

Really? lol no

Avatar image for chikenfriedrice
chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193 chikenfriedrice
Member since 2006 • 13561 Posts

@BeardMaster said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

@BeardMaster said:

@Bigboi500 said:
@chikenfriedrice said:

@Bigboi500 said:

I have no idea why you'd be upset about this. Look at the facts: you still get to use the feature the way you want to use it; more people will buy Xbox One now (including me) ; devs won't do anything with Kinect differently just because some One's don't have Kinect.

Because they are basically saying kinect is a throw away.....why would they continue to support it and improve it?

Same here

how are you not fired up? frankly im pissed if they are gonna start phasing out kinect.

Haven't you seen my posts in this thread? I am fired up and angry. I also tweeted Major Nelson and Xbox to show my distaste......like it will matter.

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#194 Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts

@shawn30 said:
@theshensolidus said:

No you're going to get premium rented games.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195  Edited By Heil68

@shawn30 said:

@Heil68 said:

@shawn30 said:

@BeardMaster said:
@misterpmedia said:

Lol, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. New games each month is just a smart move. MS is gearing up for one hell of a Games-focused E3. I expect all the TV integrations/new apps stuff will leak soon too.

Yeah, I wonder if SONY will go for a price cut too, should be an amazing E3.

lglz1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196  Edited By lglz1337

"CVG: A quick word on Kinect - I presume there will never be an Xbox One sold without it. You are doing this for developer-related reasons as much as your own. You want all developers to know that they can always implement Kinect technology because it always comes with every system. Would that be correct?"

"Harrison: Correct. Xbox One is Kinect. They are not separate systems. An Xbox One has chips, it has memory, it has Blu-ray, it has Kinect, it has a controller. These are all part of the platform ecosystem."

fast forward

on June 9th, in all markets where Xbox One is sold, we will offer Xbox One starting at $399. This is a new console option that does not include Kinect.

LMAO broken dreams MS have, lost is their selling point

now announce a cloudless xBone sku for 349$ MS

TheShensolidus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197 TheShensolidus

@musicalmac said:

@theshensolidus said:

If MS didn't have oodles of money to fall back on, the Xbox brand would have been a huge failure by now. It amazes me that basic foundational principles of customer relations elude a company like MS.

Good grief.

Ding! Don't get me wrong, I think that today's announcements were necessary for the long-term viability of the Xbox One as a games platform. Again, from within the industry, these last 6 weeks have been super interesting/worrisome in relation to the Xbox. We knew it was being outsold, and this thursday should shed more light on this.

Oh well. So they are going to emulate pretty much all the strong things Sony has done right. Now, I want to see how good their execution is going to be.

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198 misterpmedia

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@Bigboi500 said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

yep. i think its called d4 or something, it was getting hyped by lems. also whatever rare is making lol

D4 can be played fully with the Xbone controller.

sibu_xgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199  Edited By sibu_xgamer
Member since 2014 • 340 Posts

@lostrib said:

@shawn30 said:

@BeardMaster said:
@misterpmedia said:

what free games?

Probably those 7 year old games they get.

ni6htmare01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200 ni6htmare01
Member since 2005 • 3984 Posts

lol that is like slap the XB1 owner right in the face and than say "Sucker" So much for Kinect is a must. If anything MS should come out a Blu-Ray less SKU with $399