Is the PS3 comeback to beat the 360 in sales the greatest in gaming history?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

TintedEyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 TintedEyes
Member since 2009 • 4769 Posts
The gen ends tommorrow, what a photo finish with the ps3 coming out on top over 360.
blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#52 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts
The gen ends tommorrow, what a photo finish with the ps3 coming out on top over 360.TintedEyes
Uuummm.. No. There has got to be the great loss of market shares in gaming history for the Sony and the Playstation. Sony had over 60% of the market share last gen and now they are at about 30% or less. What's worse, is they're still in last place. Ouch!!
superclocked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 superclocked
Member since 2009 • 5864 Posts
lol.. So.. many.. idiots..... Microsoft reached 70 million consoles a month before Sony people....
TintedEyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 TintedEyes
Member since 2009 • 4769 Posts
[QUOTE="TintedEyes"]The gen ends tommorrow, what a photo finish with the ps3 coming out on top over 360.blackace
Uuummm.. No. There has got to be the great loss of market shares in gaming history for the Sony and the Playstation. Sony had over 60% of the market share last gen and now they are at about 30% or less. What's worse, is they're still in last place. Ouch!!

yes, crazy how they came from a rough start ahead of 360.
planbfreak4eva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#55 planbfreak4eva
Member since 2006 • 2856 Posts

ps3 will be around for the next 4+ years. and if they discontinue wii, maybe it could pass its sales, you never know. this gens standings are no final yet.

we all knew that ps3 was gonna pass 360, it was inevitable. even if they are tied now, well ps3 did it in 6. 360 did it in 7 years. so next year ps3 will be way ahead. so i dont understand why lems were so happy saying, "ohhh ps3 is dead last". if you lems had done some simple math, then you would have known that ps3 would overtake 360 in the long run. this is not a 100m race. this is a marathon

ShadowMoses900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

#56 ShadowMoses900
Member since 2010 • 17081 Posts

I don't see why people care so much about it either way to be honest.

NineTailedGoku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 NineTailedGoku
Member since 2012 • 1977 Posts

[QUOTE="TintedEyes"]The gen ends tommorrow, what a photo finish with the ps3 coming out on top over 360.blackace

What a tired downplay -_- read my post above. Lems are the worst.

NineTailedGoku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 NineTailedGoku

[QUOTE="PinnacleGamingP"]

This puts Sony at the top with one of the greatest sales achievements in gaming history, has there been anything greater than this feat in terms of sales? Sure some will argue the PS2, but this could be a right up there with PS2 sales, if not better.

blackace

More damage control from the cows. lol!! Will it ever end?

What exactly are cows damage controlling? PS3 overcame the odds and beat out 360 under Lems own rules. You made them, not cows. Look up the term damage control.

NineTailedGoku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 NineTailedGoku

lol.. So.. many.. idiots..... Microsoft reached 70 million consoles a month before Sony people....superclocked

Official reports put it ahead. Thats the rules Lems made themselves, dont be a hypocrite. Regardless the difference is negligent, PS3s sales are more impressive as its been on the market for less time, and faced lots of obstacles its predecessor didnt. Dont damage control by bringing up past marketshare.

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 PSP107
Member since 2007 • 18797 Posts
[QUOTE="NineTailedGoku"]

[QUOTE="blackace"][QUOTE="PinnacleGamingP"]

This puts Sony at the top with one of the greatest sales achievements in gaming history, has there been anything greater than this feat in terms of sales? Sure some will argue the PS2, but this could be a right up there with PS2 sales, if not better.

What exactly are cows damage controlling? PS3 overcame the odds and beat out 360 under Lems own rules. You made them, not cows. Look up the term damage control.

lol@ "Lems own rules" I dont know what that is, but I do sense ownage. What are the Lems rules anyway?
Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#61 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49568 Posts
Can't even see the OP and I know it's sad as f*ck.
Newhopes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Newhopes
Member since 2009 • 4775 Posts

I don't see how anybody can see Sonys performance this GEN as been good.

superclocked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 superclocked
Member since 2009 • 5864 Posts

[QUOTE="superclocked"]lol.. So.. many.. idiots..... Microsoft reached 70 million consoles a month before Sony people....NineTailedGoku

Official reports put it ahead. Thats the rules Lems made themselves, dont be a hypocrite. Regardless the difference is negligent, PS3s sales are more impressive as its been on the market for less time, and faced lots of obstacles its predecessor didnt. Dont damage control by bringing up past marketshare.

I do have the consoles, so I guess that I'm technically a manticore, but I'm mainly a PC gamer. I'm just pointing out the obvious, that the 360 hit this mark several weeks before the PS3, so it is no doubt still in second place. And the official reports do not put the PS3 ahead. Sony included their PS2 sales in those numbers...
RapidTurtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 RapidTurtle
Member since 2010 • 344 Posts

Didn't the 360 win in America. I live in the good ole US of A, and that is what counts in my book

RyanShazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 RyanShazam
Member since 2006 • 6498 Posts

Since when is placing second place the greatest comeback? You cows are pathetic.

It doesnt even have a solid stand on 2nd place anyways.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts

[QUOTE="PSP107"][QUOTE="NoirLamia777"]

It's a great comeback, but I think the greatest accomplishment in gaming history is how horrible the PS3 did compared to the PS2.

hoosier7

To be fair PS2 had exclusives and no competiton and didnt have an $500-$600 entry price.

People always focus on the drop from the PS2 to the PS3, to be honest it was to be expected. One of the most recognisable companies in the world taking their second crack at a market which they're happy to burn $1bn just to get their console out a year earlier than the competition. That's something you didn't really see in any other gen.

It was most certainly NOT expected. What was expected was for Sony ton continue it's dominance like all the fanboys AND experts were saying BEFORE this gen started. This generation is bigger than last and Sony still managed to lose more than 1/2 of it's market share. That's a loss no matter how you call it.

Maybe you cows should stop acting like Sony wasn't the favorite this gen and take your lumps. Catching up or even passing the 360 even AFTER its RROD fiasco is nothing to be bragging about, especially 6-7 years later.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 kingtito

[QUOTE="blackace"][QUOTE="PinnacleGamingP"]

NineTailedGoku

PS3 was the favorite not the under dog.
kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 kingtito

[QUOTE="superclocked"]lol.. So.. many.. idiots..... Microsoft reached 70 million consoles a month before Sony people....NineTailedGoku

Since when is 70mill more than 70 million?
Meeeper282

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Meeeper282
Member since 2012 • 1597 Posts

Didn't the 360 win in America. I live in the good ole US of A, and that is what counts in my book

RapidTurtle

No the wii did :lol:

KarateeeChop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 KarateeeChop
Member since 2010 • 4666 Posts

[QUOTE="NineTailedGoku"]

[QUOTE="superclocked"]lol.. So.. many.. idiots..... Microsoft reached 70 million consoles a month before Sony people....kingtito

Since when is 70mill more than 70 million?

since all the cow rage going on around here. 1 day before next gen and they really wanna convince themselves that ps3 has taken 2nd place :lol:

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 PSP107
Member since 2007 • 18797 Posts

[QUOTE="hoosier7"][QUOTE="PSP107"] To be fair PS2 had exclusives and no competiton and didnt have an $500-$600 entry price.kingtito

People always focus on the drop from the PS2 to the PS3, to be honest it was to be expected. One of the most recognisable companies in the world taking their second crack at a market which they're happy to burn $1bn just to get their console out a year earlier than the competition. That's something you didn't really see in any other gen.

It was most certainly NOT expected. What was expected was for Sony ton continue it's dominance like all the fanboys AND experts were saying BEFORE this gen started. This generation is bigger than last and Sony still managed to lose more than 1/2 of it's market share. That's a loss no matter how you call it.

Maybe you cows should stop acting like Sony wasn't the favorite this gen and take your lumps. Catching up or even passing the 360 even AFTER its RROD fiasco is nothing to be bragging about, especially 6-7 years later.

I dont think they expected the PS3 to be $499-$599 though.
TheEpicGoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 TheEpicGoat
Member since 2011 • 2006 Posts

I think people are looking at this as matched sales instead of the fact that MS had a year head start and was dusting PS3 for the longest, so yes, I think it is.

santoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#73 santoron
Member since 2006 • 8584 Posts

The PS3 is at least the third best console story this gen.

LittleMac19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#74 LittleMac19
Member since 2009 • 1638 Posts
I hate Team Plasma.
Avatar image for PinnacleGamingP
PinnacleGamingP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 PinnacleGamingP
Member since 2012 • 5120 Posts
:lol: the best part is, as sony smoothly leaves microsoft in the dust, next gen lemmings cant say "ps3 was last place" as 360 will clearly be in last place at that time
delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#76 delta3074
Member since 2007 • 20003 Posts

PinnacleGamingP
It didn't beat the 360 though, SONY's hardware figures for this year are combined Ps2 and Ps3 sales Sonys slight-of-hand was done by changing how they report their hardware sales from showing individual platform sales numbers, to simply combining hardware sales data into one number. Doing this has allowed them to feebly cover up exactly how badly the Vita is hurting the division. To be consistent, Sony pulled a similar stunt with the PS3 and PS2, and only told us that combined the two systems shipped 2.8 million units worldwide during the quarter, which is down from 3.2 million units during the same period in the prior year. http://brutalgamer.com/2012/08/02/sonys-game-division-reports-q1-operating-loss-hides-vita-sales-data/
Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#77 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts
No, that's still Nintendo with the Wii
khoofia_pika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#78 khoofia_pika
Member since 2006 • 16761 Posts
No, that's still Nintendo with the Wiicharizard1605
That wasn't a comeback
maxon27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 maxon27
Member since 2011 • 75 Posts
[QUOTE="NineTailedGoku"]

[QUOTE="superclocked"]lol.. So.. many.. idiots..... Microsoft reached 70 million consoles a month before Sony people....superclocked

I do have the consoles, so I guess that I'm technically a manticore, but I'm mainly a PC gamer. I'm just pointing out the obvious, that the 360 hit this mark several weeks before the PS3, so it is no doubt still in second place. And the official reports do not put the PS3 ahead. Sony included their PS2 sales in those numbers...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xbox_360. VS. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlayStation_3. = Sales are more on Playstation 3?. Official statement from Sony http://bit.ly/XLrXMw No ps3 has reached 70million as of November 4th. They have not included ps1 and ps2 sales. Also take into account not all sales include the ps3 super slim sales which SOLD 5 million in the UK alone. Question: why is it when Microsoft announces xbox360 sales/shipped no one questions it. Everyone is bouncing around about it. Plus the majority of xbox360 sales include the large amount of people who had to buy another 360 from rlod or other issues with the dvd drive before the extended warranty period got introduced. Xbox360 has the highest hardware failure in consumer electronics in history. The sales also include warranty claims. Yes they are included as all xbox360 units have to be accounted for. Xbox360 sales also includes the millions who got accounts banned. Many from playing copied games and many randomly for no reason. It was so bad that, this issue reached uk watchdog. Microsoft support confirmed that the only way to get unbanned is to buy another xbox360. So xbox360 has a large portion of sales that are negligible. Still the FACT is ps3 was 8-10 behind xbox360 to start with due to 12 months later release. 2008 on wards ps3 continued to out sell xbox360 worldwide pretty much every year but because the sales in the U.S were the focus, it appeared xbox360 was selling like hot cakes. This was and is completely misleading information of the truth. Yet because totals were conveniently all that mattered, many refused to explain how ps3 closed the gap in total sales. This is evidence of the love to try hate sony/ps3 propaganda. Also bare in mind. Ps3 is the higher priced system (so it hasn't reached it's sweet spot yet which xbox360 has been at for years). The LG banning ps3 sales. The psn hack (which had zero reports of fraudulent activity and lead to ps3 users selling their ps3 to buy xbox360). Ps3 also suffered from the tsunami in Japan. Despite all of the crap sony/ps3 went through, they still out performed xbox360 sales. So all in all I think it's about time people put the ps3 myths to rest. Ps3 has made a mockery of xbox360 fanboys by defying all their fanboy comments.
delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 delta3074
'Interestingly enough, Sony only posted combined sales numbers for its console and hardware lineup, instead of separate totals for each platform. Yep, I'm plainly wondering how the PSP and PS Vita sales segmentation is.' http://www.gameranx.com/updates/id/8294/article/sony-posts-losses-as-playstation-sales-decline-ps-vita-numbers-a-mystery/
super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#81 super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

[QUOTE="superclocked"][QUOTE="NineTailedGoku"]

maxon27

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xbox_360. VS. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlayStation_3. = Sales are more on Playstation 3?. Official statement from Sony http://bit.ly/XLrXMw No ps3 has reached 70million as of November 4th. They have not included ps1 and ps2 sales. Also take into account not all sales include the ps3 super slim sales which SOLD 5 million in the UK alone. Question: why is it when Microsoft announces xbox360 sales/shipped no one questions it. Everyone is bouncing around about it. Plus the majority of xbox360 sales include the large amount of people who had to buy another 360 from rlod or other issues with the dvd drive before the extended warranty period got introduced. Xbox360 has the highest hardware failure in consumer electronics in history. The sales also include warranty claims. Yes they are included as all xbox360 units have to be accounted for. Xbox360 sales also includes the millions who got accounts banned. Many from playing copied games and many randomly for no reason. It was so bad that, this issue reached uk watchdog. Microsoft support confirmed that the only way to get unbanned is to buy another xbox360. So xbox360 has a large portion of sales that are negligible. Still the FACT is ps3 was 8-10 behind xbox360 to start with due to 12 months later release. 2008 on wards ps3 continued to out sell xbox360 worldwide pretty much every year but because the sales in the U.S were the focus, it appeared xbox360 was selling like hot cakes. This was and is completely misleading information of the truth. Yet because totals were conveniently all that mattered, many refused to explain how ps3 closed the gap in total sales. This is evidence of the love to try hate sony/ps3 propaganda. Also bare in mind. Ps3 is the higher priced system (so it hasn't reached it's sweet spot yet which xbox360 has been at for years). The LG banning ps3 sales. The psn hack (which had zero reports of fraudulent activity and lead to ps3 users selling their ps3 to buy xbox360). Ps3 also suffered from the tsunami in Japan. Despite all of the crap sony/ps3 went through, they still out performed xbox360 sales. So all in all I think it's about time people put the ps3 myths to rest. Ps3 has made a mockery of xbox360 fanboys by defying all their fanboy comments.

Not yet.People rebought the wii and PS3 to you know.:lol:

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 delta3074
ps3 super slim sales which SOLD 5 million in the UK alone..maxon27
Gonna need some proof of that son, Nintendo holds the record with number of consoles sold in 1 month which is two million, you trying to tell me that the PS3 super slim has sold 5 million, in the UK alone, in,less than 2 months? your gonna have to prove that one big time mate because i don't believe it for a second. I live in the UK and according to my friends ate the local gamestation (GAME reloaded) that they have been doing OK but they have not been flying off the shelf as you are implying.
super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#83 super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

[QUOTE="maxon27"] ps3 super slim sales which SOLD 5 million in the UK alone..delta3074
Gonna need some proof of that son, Nintendo holds the record with number of consoles sold in 1 month which is two million, you trying to tell me that the PS3 super slim has sold 5 million, in the UK alone, in,less than 2 months? your gonna have to prove that one big time mate because i don't believe it for a second. I live in the UK and according to my friends ate the local gamestation (GAME reloaded) that they have been doing OK but they have not been flying off the shelf as you are implying.

This is what he is talking about.

http://www.nowgamer.com/news/1628911/sony_sells_5_million_ps3s_in_the_uk.html

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 delta3074

[QUOTE="maxon27"][QUOTE="superclocked"]I do have the consoles, so I guess that I'm technically a manticore, but I'm mainly a PC gamer. I'm just pointing out the obvious, that the 360 hit this mark several weeks before the PS3, so it is no doubt still in second place. And the official reports do not put the PS3 ahead. Sony included their PS2 sales in those numbers...super600

5 million Ps3 supers slims sold in the UK in under 2 months? i don't believe it for a minute,lol
delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 delta3074

[QUOTE="delta3074"][QUOTE="maxon27"] ps3 super slim sales which SOLD 5 million in the UK alone..super600

He's saying thiose figures are for the super slim alone and have not been counted in SONY's official statement of 70 million,lol
maxon27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 maxon27
[QUOTE="PinnacleGamingP"]

delta3074
It didn't beat the 360 though, SONY's hardware figures for this year are combined Ps2 and Ps3 sales Sonys slight-of-hand was done by changing how they report their hardware sales from showing individual platform sales numbers, to simply combining hardware sales data into one number. Doing this has allowed them to feebly cover up exactly how badly the Vita is hurting the division. To be consistent, Sony pulled a similar stunt with the PS3 and PS2, and only told us that combined the two systems shipped 2.8 million units worldwide during the quarter, which is down from 3.2 million units during the same period in the prior year. http://brutalgamer.com/2012/08/02/sonys-game-division-reports-q1-operating-loss-hides-vita-sales-data/

Official statement from Sony http://bit.ly/XLrXMw Fact ps3 has reached 70 million. Plus don't include all units sold in UK for ps3 super slim which was 5 million. That's not worldwide that's uk alone. So come December sony should be announcing their sales with these including. Please note that sony has also got the go ahead to launch ps3 in China. China banned computer consoles in 2001. Well sony now got the go ahead to launch there. We still got just under 2 years left till next gen. Ps3 sales are only going to continue to go UP. Your link isn't anything to go by. Heck I can't even see a date lol. But hang on, Microsoft is also making a loss in its gaming division. Lets not forget that Microsoft lost 1billion plus just from the amount of warranty claims from xbox360. Oh but it's all hush hush when they make losses. Also bare in mind, despite sony losses they still do MORE for its gaming community. They have bought out gaikai which will push Playstation and sony down an exciting route. You hear about how ps4 won't be backwards compatible? Know why? It don't need to be because ps3, ps4 and even ps vita has the ability to play all Playstation branded games from ps1, ps2 and ps3 over any sony device including multiplats. So sony won't have to shell out any additional costs for backwards compatibility (which is one of the reasons ps3 launched with high price tag).They can all be streamed at 60fps at full 1080p. It's the beauty of owning world leading streaming service gaikai. Future is bright for Playstation.
ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

[QUOTE="delta3074"][QUOTE="maxon27"] ps3 super slim sales which SOLD 5 million in the UK alone..super600

Nothing in http://www.nowgamer.com/news/1628911/sony_sells_5_million_ps3s_in_the_uk.html link indicating a 2 month time period.

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 delta3074
[QUOTE="delta3074"][QUOTE="PinnacleGamingP"]

maxon27

Official statement from Sony http://bit.ly/XLrXMw Plus don't include all units sold in UK for ps3 super slim which was 5 million.

BS, pure and simple, The Ps3 has sold 5 million in the UK IN TOTAL, you are trying to tell me that the Ps3 has sold 5 million consoles in the UK alone in less than 2 months= total BS quite frankly, Nintendo holds the record for number of consoles sold in a month ahnd thats 2 million, you trying to tell me that the PS3 beat the wii's record 2 months in a row in ONE region, Provide evidence of this or GTFO dude.
ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 ronvalencia

[QUOTE="super600"]

[QUOTE="delta3074"]Gonna need some proof of that son, Nintendo holds the record with number of consoles sold in 1 month which is two million, you trying to tell me that the PS3 super slim has sold 5 million, in the UK alone, in,less than 2 months? your gonna have to prove that one big time mate because i don't believe it for a second. I live in the UK and according to my friends ate the local gamestation (GAME reloaded) that they have been doing OK but they have not been flying off the shelf as you are implying.delta3074

He's saying thiose figures are for the super slim alone and have not been counted in SONY's official statement of 70 million,lol

Did he even read the link's contents?

maxon27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 maxon27
[QUOTE="super600"]

[QUOTE="maxon27"] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xbox_360. VS. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlayStation_3. = Sales are more on Playstation 3?. Official statement from Sony http://bit.ly/XLrXMw No ps3 has reached 70million as of November 4th. They have not included ps1 and ps2 sales. Also take into account not all sales include the ps3 super slim sales which SOLD 5 million in the UK alone. Question: why is it when Microsoft announces xbox360 sales/shipped no one questions it. Everyone is bouncing around about it. Plus the majority of xbox360 sales include the large amount of people who had to buy another 360 from rlod or other issues with the dvd drive before the extended warranty period got introduced. Xbox360 has the highest hardware failure in consumer electronics in history. The sales also include warranty claims. Yes they are included as all xbox360 units have to be accounted for. Xbox360 sales also includes the millions who got accounts banned. Many from playing copied games and many randomly for no reason. It was so bad that, this issue reached uk watchdog. Microsoft support confirmed that the only way to get unbanned is to buy another xbox360. So xbox360 has a large portion of sales that are negligible. Still the FACT is ps3 was 8-10 behind xbox360 to start with due to 12 months later release. 2008 on wards ps3 continued to out sell xbox360 worldwide pretty much every year but because the sales in the U.S were the focus, it appeared xbox360 was selling like hot cakes. This was and is completely misleading information of the truth. Yet because totals were conveniently all that mattered, many refused to explain how ps3 closed the gap in total sales. This is evidence of the love to try hate sony/ps3 propaganda. Also bare in mind. Ps3 is the higher priced system (so it hasn't reached it's sweet spot yet which xbox360 has been at for years). The LG banning ps3 sales. The psn hack (which had zero reports of fraudulent activity and lead to ps3 users selling their ps3 to buy xbox360). Ps3 also suffered from the tsunami in Japan. Despite all of the crap sony/ps3 went through, they still out performed xbox360 sales. So all in all I think it's about time people put the ps3 myths to rest. Ps3 has made a mockery of xbox360 fanboys by defying all their fanboy comments.delta3074

5 million Ps3 supers slims sold in the UK in under 2 months? i don't believe it for a minute,lol

Look it up! http://www.videogamer.com/news/ps3_has_sold_over_5_million_units_in_the_uk.html http://www.psu.com/a017209/PS3-UK-sales-top-5-million http://m.uk.ign.com/articles/2012/10/11/ps3-over-5-million-consoles-sold-in-uk http://m.officialplaystationmagazine.co.uk/2012/10/11/ps3-sales-hit-5-million-in-the-uk
ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 ronvalencia

[QUOTE="delta3074"][QUOTE="PinnacleGamingP"]

maxon27

Official statement from Sony http://bit.ly/XLrXMw Fact ps3 has reached 70 million. Plus don't include all units sold in UK for ps3 super slim which was 5 million. That's not worldwide that's uk alone. So come December sony should be announcing their sales with these including. Please note that sony has also got the go ahead to launch ps3 in China. China banned computer consoles in 2001. Well sony now got the go ahead to launch there. We still got just under 2 years left till next gen. Ps3 sales are only going to continue to go UP. Your link isn't anything to go by. Heck I can't even see a date lol. But hang on, Microsoft is also making a loss in its gaming division. Lets not forget that Microsoft lost 1billion plus just from the amount of warranty claims from xbox360. Oh but it's all hush hush when they make losses. Also bare in mind, despite sony losses they still do MORE for its gaming community. They have bought out gaikai which will push Playstation and sony down an exciting route. You hear about how ps4 won't be backwards compatible? Know why? It don't need to be because ps3, ps4 and even ps vita has the ability to play all Playstation branded games from ps1, ps2 and ps3 over any sony device including multiplats. So sony won't have to shell out any additional costs for backwards compatibility (which is one of the reasons ps3 launched with high price tag).They can all be streamed at 60fps at full 1080p. It's the beauty of owning world leading streaming service gaikai. Future is bright for Playstation.

The statement Plus don't include all units sold in UK is just fan fiction.

mrfrosty151986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 mrfrosty151986
Member since 2012 • 533 Posts

360 came out a year earlier and with a cheaper launch price and it's not that far in front...

360 will end up last and this new slim PS3 will give another big sales hike for xmas...

From looking at sales charts 360's sales are really slowing down where as PS3's are sill selling just as well as they were 2 years ago.

maxon27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 maxon27
[QUOTE="delta3074"][QUOTE="maxon27"][QUOTE="delta3074"] It didn't beat the 360 though, SONY's hardware figures for this year are combined Ps2 and Ps3 sales Sonys slight-of-hand was done by changing how they report their hardware sales from showing individual platform sales numbers, to simply combining hardware sales data into one number. Doing this has allowed them to feebly cover up exactly how badly the Vita is hurting the division. To be consistent, Sony pulled a similar stunt with the PS3 and PS2, and only told us that combined the two systems shipped 2.8 million units worldwide during the quarter, which is down from 3.2 million units during the same period in the prior year. http://brutalgamer.com/2012/08/02/sonys-game-division-reports-q1-operating-loss-hides-vita-sales-data/

http://www.videogamer.com/news/ps3_has_sold_over_5_million_units_in_the_uk.htmlhttp://www.psu.com/a017209/PS3-UK-sales-top-5-millionhttp://m.uk.ign.com/articles/2012/10/11/ps3-over-5-million-consoles-sold-in-ukhttp://m.officialplaystationmagazine.co.uk/2012/10/11/ps3-sales-hit-5-million-in-the-uk Official statement from Sony http://bit.ly/XLrXMw Plus don't include all units sold in UK for ps3 super slim which was 5 million.

BS, pure and simple, The Ps3 has sold 5 million in the UK IN TOTAL, you are trying to tell me that the Ps3 has sold 5 million consoles in the UK alone in less than 2 months= total BS quite frankly, Nintendo holds the record for number of consoles sold in a month ahnd thats 2 million, you trying to tell me that the PS3 beat the wii's record 2 months in a row in ONE region, Provide evidence of this or GTFO dude.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 ronvalencia

[QUOTE="delta3074"][QUOTE="super600"]

maxon27

Look it up! http://www.videogamer.com/news/ps3_has_sold_over_5_million_units_in_the_uk.html http://www.psu.com/a017209/PS3-UK-sales-top-5-million http://m.uk.ign.com/articles/2012/10/11/ps3-over-5-million-consoles-sold-in-uk http://m.officialplaystationmagazine.co.uk/2012/10/11/ps3-sales-hit-5-million-in-the-uk

Nothing in the supplied links indicated for a 2 month time period.

Avatar image for PinnacleGamingP
PinnacleGamingP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 PinnacleGamingP
Member since 2012 • 5120 Posts
all those wasted NPD threads misrepresenting the 360 as a selling console, down the drain :lol: i would like to see some of the TCs of those reaching threads :lol::lol:
delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 delta3074
[QUOTE="delta3074"][QUOTE="super600"]

maxon27

Those are total Lifetime sales of the PS3 in the UK you doughnut, i suggest you read your links properly next time, the super slim released on sept 28th over here in blighty, you trying to tell me it sold 5 million in 15 days (the date of your links) but thanks for trying to insult all of our intelligence, you actually beleived we would fall for your Stupid little deception, News flash, most of us can read english dude.
maxon27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 maxon27
[QUOTE="maxon27"][QUOTE="delta3074"]5 million Ps3 supers slims sold in the UK in under 2 months? i don't believe it for a minute,loldelta3074

Those are total Lifetime sales of the PS3 in the UK you doughnut, i suggest you read your links properly next time, the super slim released on sept 28th over here in blighty, you trying to tell me it sold 5 million in 15 days (the date of your links) but thanks for trying to insult all of our intelligence, you actually beleived we would fall for your Stupid little deception, News flash, most of us can read english dude.

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/articles/393286/20121011/playstation-sony-ps3-slim-wii-nintendo.htm Oh look 4 million in France.
delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 delta3074
[QUOTE="maxon27"][QUOTE="delta3074"][QUOTE="maxon27"] Look it up! http://www.videogamer.com/news/ps3_has_sold_over_5_million_units_in_the_uk.html http://www.psu.com/a017209/PS3-UK-sales-top-5-million http://m.uk.ign.com/articles/2012/10/11/ps3-over-5-million-consoles-sold-in-uk http://m.officialplaystationmagazine.co.uk/2012/10/11/ps3-sales-hit-5-million-in-the-uk

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/articles/393286/20121011/playstation-sony-ps3-slim-wii-nintendo.htm Oh look 4 million in France.

'Five years since its launch in the UK in 2007, Sony's PlayStation 3 has now sold more than five million units.' From the link you posted, like i said, lifetime sales dude.
maxon27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 maxon27
Aww look at all them haters. People just except that ps3 is selling BETTER then xbox360. Pmsl love how all the haters like to post their crap but when it's evident ps3 is whooping xbox360 the rage comes. You people are really sad. Its like you want ps3 to fail when its the only system that's been delivering games. No you much rather defend a company that don't support the system you plow your money into. Shocking what the gaming industry has become. Remember folks its all about the games. Pmsl
ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 ronvalencia

But hang on, Microsoft is also making a loss in its gaming division. Lets not forget that Microsoft lost 1billion plus just from the amount of warranty claims from xbox360. Oh but it's all hush hush when they make losses. Also bare in mind, despite sony losses they still do MORE for its gaming community. They have bought out gaikai which will push Playstation and sony down an exciting route. You hear about how ps4 won't be backwards compatible? Know why? It don't need to be because ps3, ps4 and even ps vita has the ability to play all Playstation branded games from ps1, ps2 and ps3 over any sony device including multiplats. So sony won't have to shell out any additional costs for backwards compatibility (which is one of the reasons ps3 launched with high price tag).They can all be streamed at 60fps at full 1080p. It's the beauty of owning world leading streaming service gaikai. Future is bright for Playstation. maxon27

Who cares, Microsoft has a massive "cash at bank" to waste.

As for Gaikai's technology, Microsoft has RemoteFX(part of Windows 2008 R2 SP1 Server) for streaming games i.e. play game H.A.W.X over RDP(Remote Desktop Protocol) with RemoteFX https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kQuC7Xjsks

Carefull, Windows Gaming can lay smack down on Sony's gaming software techology.