Is the PS3 comeback to beat the 360 in sales the greatest in gaming history?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

maxon27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151 maxon27
Member since 2011 • 75 Posts

[QUOTE="NineTailedGoku"]

[QUOTE="Duckyindiana"]

It makes no sense that Lems try to use the PS1 and 2 to downplay the fact that PS3 is tied with 360. It came a year later, was high priced, had media bashing it left and right, was hard to develop for, and had 2 alternatives that were way cheaper. All of these disadvantages are something PS1 and 2 didnt deal with. Yes, it has the Playstation name but all generations are different.Lems can stop playing that tired card now because its invalid.

SUD123456

That is like saying that the 360 is the greatest thing ever because if it didn't have that little RROD problem:P, and if it had more exclusives, and if it was priced at $299 and then dropped quickly to $199 it could have had PS2ish numbers.

Which is silly, much like making excuses for all the errors Sony made this gen with the PS3. Of course it hasn't made the same inroads as PS1/PS2, but who's fault is that?

Yes definitely,PS3 overcame through all the media bashing and haters. Doubt any other brand wouldve overcame the same odds.NineTailedGoku

And a mere two posts later you contradict yourself.

It is perfectly valid to point out the significant brand advantage that Playstation started this generation with....you yourself do so :) :)

"is perfectly valid to point out the significant brand advantage that Playstation started this generation with" Now whos making excuses. Thats like saying its Sony fault that it has a better library of games because they got into the console market before Microsoft lol. What you fail to mention is, if 360 didn't have its Very Large failure rate best part of 6 years it's sales would be ALOT lower. It is a fact that its hardware failure has played a big part in sales for 360. If Microsoft didn't ban xbl gamers (that was in the millions) people wouldn't of had to go out and buy another 360 just to get online when they already owned a fully working beforehand. Again its sales would be millions lower. It's taken 6 years to get hardware failure rate to the same level as ps3 (which is at an acceptable level). But shhhh don't worry, we'll keep that on the hush hush lol. Still despite "the over priced bluray player" as many xbots would say, ps3 has kicked 360 ass in worldwide sales.
maxon27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#152 maxon27

[QUOTE="NineTailedGoku"]

[QUOTE="khoofia_pika"]Why are cows so desperate to finally win something? And this isn't even winning, you're getting happy about the second place, and even that hasn't been confirmed yet. SUD123456

Last time i checked PS3 has been outselling 360 for years. 360s head start just kept them afloat. I dont see how theyre FINALLY winning anything since theyve been winning over Lems .

You are a goldmine of inaccuracy.

2007 - PS3

2008 - X360

2009 - PS3

2010 - PS3

2011 - X360

Where you get your info from?.
lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#153 lundy86_4  Online
Member since 2003 • 61427 Posts

Where you get your info from?.maxon27

2011 - 360.

2010 - PS3.

2009 - PS3.

Working on the rest.

SUD123456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154 SUD123456
Member since 2007 • 6939 Posts

"is perfectly valid to point out the significant brand advantage that Playstation started this generation with" Now whos making excuses. Thats like saying its Sony fault that it has a better library of games because they got into the console market before Microsoft lol. What you fail to mention is, if 360 didn't have its Very Large failure rate best part of 6 years it's sales would be ALOT lower. It is a fact that its hardware failure has played a big part in sales for 360. If Microsoft didn't ban xbl gamers (that was in the millions) people wouldn't of had to go out and buy another 360 just to get online when they already owned a fully working beforehand. Again its sales would be millions lower. It's taken 6 years to get hardware failure rate to the same level as ps3 (which is at an acceptable level). But shhhh don't worry, we'll keep that on the hush hush lol. Still despite "the over priced bluray player" as many xbots would say, ps3 has kicked 360 ass in worldwide sales.maxon27

I think you missed the point. I don't care who wins. Each starts with certain advantages and disadvantages, but clearly MS has gained something overall this generation and Sony has lost something overall this generation.

Also, perhaps you missed the part where I mocked the little RROD problem. Having said that, it is not clear in my mind whether sales would be higher or lower without RROD because for every out of warranty RROD replacement there is another customer who chose an alternative system because of the bad press associated with RROD and quality. It cuts both ways.

And if you want to talk about bans and RROD, why not talk about YLOD and BluRay. I have two PS3s, one is strictly for movies. I am as old as your father and I know plenty of people my age who have PS3s strictly for BluRay. Again, it cuts both ways.

SUD123456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 SUD123456

[QUOTE="SUD123456"]

[QUOTE="NineTailedGoku"]

Last time i checked PS3 has been outselling 360 for years. 360s head start just kept them afloat. I dont see how theyre FINALLY winning anything since theyve been winning over Lems .

maxon27

You are a goldmine of inaccuracy.

2007 - PS3

2008 - X360

2009 - PS3

2010 - PS3

2011 - X360

Where you get your info from?.

It is commonly known by the people that actually follow the numbers.

http://www.sony.net/SonyInfo/IR/financial/fr/index.html

http://www.microsoft.com/investor/EarningsAndFinancials/Earnings/PressReleaseAndWebcast/FY13/Q1/default.aspx

maxon27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 maxon27

[QUOTE="maxon27"]Where you get your info from?.lundy86_4

2011 - 360.

2010 - PS3.

2009 - PS3.

Working on the rest.

Sorry dude but your links are about as reliable as vgchartz. If your going to post make them official links.
lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157 lundy86_4  Online

Sorry dude but your links are about as reliable as vgchartz. If your going to post make them official links.maxon27

These are articles based on officially released numbers from MS and Sony.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#158 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22545 Posts

[QUOTE="maxon27"]Sorry dude but your links are about as reliable as vgchartz. If your going to post make them official links.lundy86_4

These are articles based on officially released numbers from MS and Sony.

his info is correct and it was widely reported... how did you miss it?
BringABong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 BringABong
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
[QUOTE="delta3074"][QUOTE="maxon27"][QUOTE="BringABong"] 70 million sales of PS3 - Nov-2012 / 70 Million sales of Xbox 360 - Sept-2012 = ( PS3 has outsold 360 in the same time span, and the reason i say that is this ( The 360 had a 12 Month ( Min ) release advantage over PS3 ) In the UK it was a 15 Month release advantage for 360 over PS3, and yet PS3 has sold the same amount Officially EVEN when the 360 in the 1st year of release had a 8-10 Million sales figure. ( PS3 after all the BS people said about it has leveled with the 360 ) and soon to place 360 last place in the sales department ( thanks to the Sony Support Ten Year Cycle ) that PS2 had. . Also i looked at the PS3 S-Slim model sales in France ( just to see if they did sell over 2 Million in a month or two ) and they have..."Sony's 'Super-Slim' PlayStation 3 model has driven sales of the console up by 138 percent, since launching in the UK on 28 September, ( NOTE the articles date is October 3, 2012 ) Sales of the console have been high in France, too,(((( with the new PlayStation 3 model selling over four million units since being made available )))). = http://bit.ly/SE0Xr2 ( Since being made available = 28 Sept & the Article date was 3rd Oct ) that to me looks that the S-Slim model did have sales of 4 million in under a month due to the 138% increase.

End of the day, ps3 has managed what many 360 fanboys said would never happen despite the higher price tag.

Except the New model Ps3 has not sold 4 million units in france as he keeps claiming 'We just hit 4 million PS3 sales in France and can state that the PS3 is and will remain the leading platform in 2012.' AGAIN, lifetime sales being passed off as sales of the new model Ps3.

How can you say that.. Read what the article stated again... Sales of the console have been high in France, too, (((( with the new PlayStation 3 model selling over four million units since being made available )))) . Since being made available would be from 28 Sept & Article date was 3rd Oct ). This is stating that 4 Million NEW PS3's selling SINCE being available.. Simple as that really. I'm also from thee UK, and GameStation ( now GAME ) talk crap anyway ( Gamestation even told me that PSN wasn't free to play online ) just to try and sell me a 360 S-Slim. LOL. So take what they state with a pinch of salt. After everything being said and done the PS3 is now about too( if not already done so ) outsell the Xbox 360 no matter what people believed, and STILL has loads of support coming to the Platform ( while 360's gaming support has gone more towards entertainment more than gaming nowadays ). This is just the way it is. PS, i own more than one console on both platforms.
lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 lundy86_4  Online

his info is correct and it was widely reported... how did you miss it?TheEroica

What info was correct?

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 TheEroica  Moderator

[QUOTE="TheEroica"]his info is correct and it was widely reported... how did you miss it?lundy86_4

What info was correct?

yours...
lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 lundy86_4  Online

[QUOTE="lundy86_4"]

[QUOTE="TheEroica"]his info is correct and it was widely reported... how did you miss it?TheEroica

What info was correct?

yours...

lol, I got confused because you quoted me.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 TheEroica  Moderator

[QUOTE="TheEroica"][QUOTE="lundy86_4"]

What info was correct?

lundy86_4

yours...

lol, I got confused because you quoted me.

no worries brother... :D
SUD123456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 SUD123456

How can you say that.. Read what the article stated again... Sales of the console have been high in France, too, (((( with the new PlayStation 3 model selling over four million units since being made available )))) . Since being made available would be from 28 Sept & Article date was 3rd Oct ). This is stating that 4 Million NEW PS3's selling SINCE being available.. Simple as that really. I'm also from thee UK, and GameStation ( now GAME ) talk crap anyway ( Gamestation even told me that PSN wasn't free to play online ) just to try and sell me a 360 S-Slim. LOL. So take what they state with a pinch of salt. After everything being said and done the PS3 is now about too( if not already done so ) outsell the Xbox 360 no matter what people believed, and STILL has loads of support coming to the Platform ( while 360's gaming support has gone more towards entertainment more than gaming nowadays ). This is just the way it is. PS, i own more than one console on both platforms.BringABong

At least try to apply some commonsense before posting.

You are claiming that a console sold 4 million units in France between Sep 28 and Oct 3rd.

Think about that for a moment.

I'll give you two hints:

1. How many games for a new release AAA game sell 4 million units in the first week on a worldwide basis? Not too many. How many sell 4 million in Fance in a week? None.

2. How many IPADs sell worldwide in launch week? How many of those do you think are in France?

BringABong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 BringABong

[QUOTE="BringABong"] How can you say that.. Read what the article stated again... Sales of the console have been high in France, too, (((( with the new PlayStation 3 model selling over four million units since being made available )))) . Since being made available would be from 28 Sept & Article date was 3rd Oct ). This is stating that 4 Million NEW PS3's selling SINCE being available.. Simple as that really. I'm also from thee UK, and GameStation ( now GAME ) talk crap anyway ( Gamestation even told me that PSN wasn't free to play online ) just to try and sell me a 360 S-Slim. LOL. So take what they state with a pinch of salt. After everything being said and done the PS3 is now about too( if not already done so ) outsell the Xbox 360 no matter what people believed, and STILL has loads of support coming to the Platform ( while 360's gaming support has gone more towards entertainment more than gaming nowadays ). This is just the way it is. PS, i own more than one console on both platforms.SUD123456

You are claiming that a console sold 4 million units in France between Sep 28 and Oct 3rd.

I'll give you two hints:

1. How many games for a new release AAA game sell 4 million units in the first week on a worldwide basis? Not too many. How many sell 4 million in Fance in a week? None.

2. How many IPADs sell worldwide in launch week? How many of those do you think are in France?

Have you read the article? http://bit.ly/SE0Xr2 Now tell me that's not what it's stating. IE "Sales of the console have been high in France, too, with the NEW PlayStation 3 model selling over four million units since being made available" ... The Article stated the console up by 138 percent 28th sept- while article was published 3rd Oct.
maxon27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 maxon27

[QUOTE="maxon27"]Where you get your info from?.lundy86_4

2011 - 360.

2010 - PS3.

2009 - PS3.

Working on the rest.

Show me an official sales chart for xbox360 in 2011 from Microsoft.
lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 lundy86_4  Online

Show me an official sales chart for xbox360 in 2011 from Microsoft. maxon27

Damage control more, bro. These articles are written regarding sales figures from their quarterly reports. Just move on.

SUD123456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 SUD123456

[QUOTE="SUD123456"]

[QUOTE="BringABong"] How can you say that.. Read what the article stated again... Sales of the console have been high in France, too, (((( with the new PlayStation 3 model selling over four million units since being made available )))) . Since being made available would be from 28 Sept & Article date was 3rd Oct ). This is stating that 4 Million NEW PS3's selling SINCE being available.. Simple as that really. I'm also from thee UK, and GameStation ( now GAME ) talk crap anyway ( Gamestation even told me that PSN wasn't free to play online ) just to try and sell me a 360 S-Slim. LOL. So take what they state with a pinch of salt. After everything being said and done the PS3 is now about too( if not already done so ) outsell the Xbox 360 no matter what people believed, and STILL has loads of support coming to the Platform ( while 360's gaming support has gone more towards entertainment more than gaming nowadays ). This is just the way it is. PS, i own more than one console on both platforms.BringABong

I'll give you two hints:

Have you read the article? http://bit.ly/SE0Xr2 Now tell me that's not what it's stating. IE "Sales of the console have been high in France, too, with the NEW PlayStation 3 model selling over four million units since being made available" ... The Article stated the console up by 138 percent 28th sept- while article was published 3rd Oct.

Commonsense. I suggest you get some.

Articles are poorly worded all the time. You are choosing to adopt your interpretation of the wording. Now apply some commonsense. The greatest consumer electronic products ever have not come close to selling 4 million units of anything in France in a week.

Sony sold 14 million units worldwide in its last fiscal year. The greatest console ever, PS2, sold 22 million units worldwide in its best year. Four million in France in a week is absurd.

You are not absolved of applying critical thinking when you read.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 TheEroica  Moderator

[QUOTE="maxon27"]Show me an official sales chart for xbox360 in 2011 from Microsoft. lundy86_4

Damage control more, bro. These articles are written regarding sales figures from their quarterly reports. Just move on.

no shiit... these are legit articles, lundy didnt pull them out of his a$$... why is that so hard to get?
SUD123456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 SUD123456

[QUOTE="lundy86_4"]

[QUOTE="maxon27"]Where you get your info from?.maxon27

2011 - 360.

2010 - PS3.

2009 - PS3.

Working on the rest.

I already gave you the links to the official numbers straight from MS and Sony's websites. Look it up yourself instead of trolling.

maxon27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 maxon27

[QUOTE="BringABong"] How can you say that.. Read what the article stated again... Sales of the console have been high in France, too, (((( with the new PlayStation 3 model selling over four million units since being made available )))) . Since being made available would be from 28 Sept & Article date was 3rd Oct ). This is stating that 4 Million NEW PS3's selling SINCE being available.. Simple as that really. I'm also from thee UK, and GameStation ( now GAME ) talk crap anyway ( Gamestation even told me that PSN wasn't free to play online ) just to try and sell me a 360 S-Slim. LOL. So take what they state with a pinch of salt. After everything being said and done the PS3 is now about too( if not already done so ) outsell the Xbox 360 no matter what people believed, and STILL has loads of support coming to the Platform ( while 360's gaming support has gone more towards entertainment more than gaming nowadays ). This is just the way it is. PS, i own more than one console on both platforms.SUD123456

I'll give you two hints:

"With a reduced price of £240 for a 500 GB model, the ((((( 'Super-Slim' PlayStation 3 accounted for 37 percent of all consoles sales in its first week on sale)))) in the UK. (((Sales of the console))) (implying the new super slim) have been high in France, too, with (((((the new PlayStation 3 model selling over four million units since being made available.))))). Ready for it again? with the NEW ps3 model ( super slim) Selling OVER 4 MILLION since being made available.
SUD123456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 SUD123456

[QUOTE="SUD123456"]

[QUOTE="BringABong"] How can you say that.. Read what the article stated again... Sales of the console have been high in France, too, (((( with the new PlayStation 3 model selling over four million units since being made available )))) . Since being made available would be from 28 Sept & Article date was 3rd Oct ). This is stating that 4 Million NEW PS3's selling SINCE being available.. Simple as that really. I'm also from thee UK, and GameStation ( now GAME ) talk crap anyway ( Gamestation even told me that PSN wasn't free to play online ) just to try and sell me a 360 S-Slim. LOL. So take what they state with a pinch of salt. After everything being said and done the PS3 is now about too( if not already done so ) outsell the Xbox 360 no matter what people believed, and STILL has loads of support coming to the Platform ( while 360's gaming support has gone more towards entertainment more than gaming nowadays ). This is just the way it is. PS, i own more than one console on both platforms.maxon27

I'll give you two hints:

"With a reduced price of£240 for a 500 GB model, the ((((( 'Super-Slim' PlayStation 3accounted for 37 percent of all consoles sales in its first week on sale)))) in the UK. (((Sales of the console))) (implying the new super slim) have been high in France, too, with (((((the new PlayStation 3 model selling over four million units since being made available.))))). Ready for it again? with the NEW ps3 model ( super slim) Selling OVER 4 MILLION since being made available.

Didn't realize you could catch stupidity over the internet. You are living proof that I am wrong.

maxon27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 maxon27

[QUOTE="maxon27"][QUOTE="lundy86_4"]

2011 - 360.

2010 - PS3.

2009 - PS3.

Working on the rest.

SUD123456

I already gave you the links to the official numbers straight from MS and Sony's websites. Look it up yourself instead of trolling.

Can't see any official Microsoft data on 2011 sales. Only the game site saying so. Are we talking fiscal year?
maxon27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 maxon27

[QUOTE="maxon27"][QUOTE="SUD123456"]

I'll give you two hints:

SUD123456

"With a reduced price of£240 for a 500 GB model, the ((((( 'Super-Slim' PlayStation 3accounted for 37 percent of all consoles sales in its first week on sale)))) in the UK. (((Sales of the console))) (implying the new super slim) have been high in France, too, with (((((the new PlayStation 3 model selling over four million units since being made available.))))). Ready for it again? with the NEW ps3 model ( super slim) Selling OVER 4 MILLION since being made available.

Didn't realize you could catch stupidity over the internet. You are living proof that I am wrong.

So the site posted that the new ps3 model aka super slim sells over 4 million. Where does it say the new super slim contributes the the over all ps3 sales of 4 million?. It don't. It clearly states the new ps3 model sells over 4 million.
maxon27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 maxon27

[QUOTE="BringABong"][QUOTE="SUD123456"]

I'll give you two hints:

SUD123456

Articles are poorly worded all the time. You are choosing to adopt your interpretation of the wording. Now apply some commonsense. The greatest consumer electronic products ever have not come close to selling 4 million units of anything in France in a week.

Sony sold 14 million units worldwide in its last fiscal year. The greatest console ever, PS2, sold 22 million units worldwide in its best year. Four million in France in a week is absurd.

So basically thats your opinion. How is it absurd? after all black ops 2 sold 8 million on release day. So that is your opinion. The site clearly states new ps3 model selling over 4 million. Deal with it.
clr84651

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 clr84651
Member since 2010 • 5643 Posts

The PS3 hasn't come back to beat the 360 in sales. TC is a moron!

SUD123456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 SUD123456

[QUOTE="SUD123456"]

[QUOTE="maxon27"] Show me an official sales chart for xbox360 in 2011 from Microsoft. maxon27

Can't see any official Microsoft data on 2011 sales. Only the game site saying so. Are we talking fiscal year?

Jesus, quit trolling me. I'll spoon feed the baby one last time.

Annual Year 2011 = Jan 2011 thru Dec 2011

In MS speak, Annual Year 2011 = Q3FY11 + Q4FY11 + Q1FY12 + Q2FY12

MS:Link for the challenged

In Sony speak, Annual Year 2011 = Q4FY10 + Q1FY11 + Q2FY11 + Q3FY11

Sony:Link for the absurdly challenged

X360 2011 Annual = 2.7 + 1.7 + 2.3 + 8.2 = 14.9 million (which is the exact amount in the other article BTW) 2011

PS3 2011 Annual = 2.1 + 1.8 + 3.7 + 6.5 = 14.1 million (which is the exact amount in the other article BTW) 2011

SUD123456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 SUD123456

[QUOTE="SUD123456"]

[QUOTE="BringABong"] Have you read the article? http://bit.ly/SE0Xr2 Now tell me that's not what it's stating. IE "Sales of the console have been high in France, too, with the NEW PlayStation 3 model selling over four million units since being made available" ... The Article stated the console up by 138 percent 28th sept- while article was published 3rd Oct.maxon27

So basically thats your opinion. How is it absurd? after all black ops 2 sold 8 million on release day. So that is your opinion. The site clearly states new ps3 model selling over 4 million. Deal with it.

Black Ops 2 sold 8 million on the PS3 in France in one day?

The PS3 has sold 4 million in France in 6 years. It sure the f*ck has not sold 4 million in France in one week. Jesus. How thick can the both of you be?

BringABong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179 BringABong

[QUOTE="maxon27"][QUOTE="SUD123456"]

I'll give you two hints:

SUD123456

Stupid is what stupid does, and by you NOT see what was posted in the article says something lol. At the end of the day we will see how many PS3's had been sold by both this 2012Q stated 70 million and their next 2012Q figures. But that article is showing 4 million NEW ps3's.
SUD123456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 SUD123456

[QUOTE="SUD123456"]

[QUOTE="maxon27"] "With a reduced price of£240 for a 500 GB model, the ((((( 'Super-Slim' PlayStation 3accounted for 37 percent of all consoles sales in its first week on sale)))) in the UK. (((Sales of the console))) (implying the new super slim) have been high in France, too, with (((((the new PlayStation 3 model selling over four million units since being made available.))))). Ready for it again? with the NEW ps3 model ( super slim) Selling OVER 4 MILLION since being made available. BringABong

Stupid is what stupid does, and by you NOT see what was posted in the article says something lol. At the end of the day we will see how many PS3's had been sold by both this 2012Q stated 70 million and their next 2012Q figures. But that article is showing 4 million NEW ps3's.

Do you go around life that way?

Yes of course I believe that 4 million PS3s were sold in France in a week. Because I am a f*cking moron unable to think for myself. But hey, that's the way I read the article so it must be teh right!!

They sold 6.5 million units worldwide last year for the 3 months Oct thru Dec, so yep 4 million in France in one week must mean that this year is going to be huge.

LMAO.

Ninja-Hippo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#181 Ninja-Hippo
Member since 2008 • 23434 Posts
2/10 for getting so many responses. That's the best I can give you.
BringABong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 BringABong

SUD123456

Yes of course I believe that 4 million PS3s were sold in France in a week. Because I am a f*cking moron unable to think for myself. But hey, that's the way I read the article so it must be teh right!!

They sold 6.5 million units worldwide last year for the 3 months Oct thru Dec, so yep 4 million in France in one week must mean that this year is going to be huge.

LMAO.

I suppose you believe this is nonsense as well then 70 million sales of PS3 - Nov-2012 / 70 Million sales of Xbox 360 - Sept-2012 = ( PS3 has outsold 360 in the same time span, and the reason i say that is this ( The 360 had a 12 Month ( Min ) release advantage over PS3 ) In the UK it was a 15 Month release advantage for 360 over PS3, and yet PS3 has sold the same amount Officially EVEN when the 360 in the 1st year of release had a 8-10 Million sales figure. ( PS3 after all the BS people said about it has leveled with the 360 ) and soon to place 360 last place in the sales department. So even IF that article was wrong ( which it could be like all articles could be ) the fact remains PS3 has done more in sales than what people thought, and will soon pass the 360 in sales ( IF not already done so )
TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183 TheEroica  Moderator

clr84651
Everyone knows... its just another cows circle jerk... itll blow over in a few days.
spiderluck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184 spiderluck
Member since 2012 • 2405 Posts

SUD123456

LMAO.

Cows are not known for being particularly intelligent and God knows this thread proves it
Tessellation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185 Tessellation
Member since 2009 • 9297 Posts
a great comeback from being last place to last place :lol: ?
KarateeeChop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#186 KarateeeChop
Member since 2010 • 4666 Posts

[QUOTE="TheEroica"]Do you think when pinnacle finally gets banned he'll be shocked? How do we all get to see it happen? Oh and ps3 is still in last.PinnacleGamingP
i dont think anyone on this site in its history has ever been as mad as you are right now!!!!! :lol: :lol:

haha arbitor, u must have forgotten that monumental humiliation you put yourself in a while back ;)

KarateeeChop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187 KarateeeChop

all this cow rage on the last few days :lol:

---

september microsoft - "we have reached 70 million 360's sold"

september cows - "who cares about sales moooo"

november sony - "we have reached 70 million ps3's sold"

november raging cows making up numbers - "HEAR THAT! THEY SAID 70.6 MILLION! WE WIN THE CONSOLE WAR"

---

remember cows, rage and desperation is what lead to your delusion. go get help. :lol:

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188 WilliamRLBaker
Member since 2006 • 28915 Posts

I've been laughing my ass off over here reading the sheen hysteria on my 360 while I get the platnium trophy for jak 1 and 2 on the hd collection.

Wow charlie sheen's are really desperate

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#189 Mozelleple112
Member since 2011 • 11120 Posts

Its a pretty cool achievement.

but I prefer the fact that PS2:

* Is the best selling gaming device with 155 million units sold

* Outsold the PS3 in the same time period of 2006-2009

* Outsold the Xbox 360 in the same time period of 2005-2009

* Has lived for 3 (arguably 4) generations of gaming!

NineTailedGoku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190 NineTailedGoku
Member since 2012 • 1977 Posts

clr84651

Why, because you say so? Fiscal reports have Sony ahead. Youre just gonna have to deal with it.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191 lundy86_4  Online

Why, because you say so? Fiscal reports have Sony ahead. Youre just gonna have to deal with it.

NineTailedGoku

Q1 and Q2 of Sony's FY2012 combine PS2 and PS3 shipped numbers, along with Vita and PSP.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192 WilliamRLBaker
Member since 2006 • 28915 Posts

[QUOTE="clr84651"]

NineTailedGoku

lol looks like I got someone new to add to ABP...
Riadon2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193 Riadon2
Member since 2011 • 1598 Posts

Lol @ Fighting over third place.

SUD123456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194 SUD123456

[QUOTE="SUD123456"]

[QUOTE="BringABong"] Stupid is what stupid does, and by you NOT see what was posted in the article says something lol. At the end of the day we will see how many PS3's had been sold by both this 2012Q stated 70 million and their next 2012Q figures. But that article is showing 4 million NEW ps3's.BringABong

LMAO.

I suppose you believe this is nonsense as well then 70 million sales of PS3 - Nov-2012 / 70 Million sales of Xbox 360 - Sept-2012 = ( PS3 has outsold 360 in the same time span, and the reason i say that is this ( The 360 had a 12 Month ( Min ) release advantage over PS3 ) In the UK it was a 15 Month release advantage for 360 over PS3, and yet PS3 has sold the same amount Officially EVEN when the 360 in the 1st year of release had a 8-10 Million sales figure. ( PS3 after all the BS people said about it has leveled with the 360 ) and soon to place 360 last place in the sales department. So even IF that article was wrong ( which it could be like all articles could be ) the fact remains PS3 has done more in sales than what people thought, and will soon pass the 360 in sales ( IF not already done so )

Why would that be nonsense? I believe in establishing the facts and then drawing reasonable conclusions.

The 4 millions units sold in a week in France is absurd. The notion that PS3 has caught or nearly caught the 360 in sales is not absurd. That obviously means an overall sales rate that is higher for PS3.

It also leads me to believe that PS3 will likely pass the 360 next year. Having said that, MS still has a card to play which is price...so they might hold them off a while longer.

I also think it doesn't matter, that all the manufacturers did reasonably well this generation and it is irrelevant whether Sony or MS beat the other by a few millions. What has changed is going from one overwhelmingly dominant winner to a 3 way horserace in a single generation, which is quite the change.

SUD123456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195 SUD123456

[QUOTE="clr84651"]

NineTailedGoku

No they don't. LMAO. Some genius posts the wrong information and y'all lap it up like kittens with milk.

Avatar image for GunSmith1_basic
GunSmith1_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#196 GunSmith1_basic
Member since 2002 • 10548 Posts
the snes overcame the genesis' 2 year head start and then surpassed it by over 10 million units.
KarateeeChop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197 KarateeeChop

[QUOTE="clr84651"]

NineTailedGoku

makes you feel better to throw bs info around and call it fact eh? last place has really gotten into you cows :lol:

maxon27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198 maxon27

[QUOTE="NineTailedGoku"]

[QUOTE="clr84651"]

KarateeeChop

makes you feel better to throw bs info around and call it fact eh? last place has really gotten into you cows :lol:

What I find hilarious is, you xbots rent your own games. Plus you rent your own dlc. So it's come down to this. Ps3 has the better exclusive games. The ps3 also has the most content in multiplats. Psn offers more then xbl. Ps+ offers so many full games that it makes a mocker of xbl. So ps3 has the games, exclusive multiplat content, the better online service and now outselling xbox360 hand over fist. Ouch it's gotta hurt supporting a system that has nothing left. Never mind lets hope Microsoft try to remain as loyal to it's users as its users are to Microsoft. LMAO
TheDidact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199 TheDidact
Member since 2012 • 3986 Posts
[QUOTE="maxon27"][QUOTE="TheDidact"][QUOTE="maxon27"] "Everybody isn't made out of money, they can't buy every fvcking release, they need to balance their budget and time." I'm glaf you said that because that's exactly why ps3 exclusive games sell less. Because more ps3 exclusive games get released every year on top of all the multiplats, So it's harder to keep up. That doesn't stop the xbots from posting about ps3 exclusived don't sell. Where as 360 gamers only get one a year makes it easier for 360 gamers to afford both the multiplats and one exclusive. So thank you for making that known. Exclusives. That's your opinion. Thing is, unlike you on 360 I have that choice. Exclusive games is what gives gamers choice on the system to buy. What is the point in mainly having multiplats when it is you who will be on the only system that charges you for playing it online?. If only exclusive 360 games charged for online because they were perfect because of being better optimised for your system then may be but the fact that isn't the case just makes 360 irrelevant. Why pay to play the exact same game when you can play it at no extra cost on pc or ps3?. That's like me buying a tv and wanting to pay Samsung extra just to use it pmsl. Their is no logic behind it at all. I would much rather a thrilling movie like experience then a long winded multiplat that eventually becomes boring. Which I find happens with all GTA games (my opinion). Then again, when you haven't got much coming out for your system, you got plenty of time to play it lol. So for my system (ps3) I get the many good exclusives and the multiplats. Plus don't get charged any additional costs to play any of them. You also can't argue the ps+ makes a mockery of xbl in games. I have downloaded LBP2, INFAMOUS 2, motor storm apocalypse, darksiders, war hammer, virtual fighter 5, deus ex human revolution, saints row 2, just cause 2, Red dead redemption, dead space 2, resident evil 5, house of the dead 4, shank 2, resident evil 123, borderlands, bullet storm, ratchet and clank all for one, Crysis2. I got all these just for having ps+. And ps+ comes to vita next week so I'll get 10 games for free also on that. Uncharted and gravity rush plus jet set radio is included.

And what you don't know about me is that I have a PS3 as well, with PS+, making it harder. Heck, I bought a PS3 before a 360. Your lucky Sony gives better deals to the European + members. In America, we only get stuff like RE5, KoF, and Choplifter, nothing like RDR or Deus Ex. So I don't have to limit myself. I can play both Uncharted 3 and Halo 4, two masterpieces. And once I get a Wii U, I'll be able to play the masterpiece that is Retro's next game. And besides, many PS3 exclusives are mediocre anyway like Twisted Metal, Starhawk, LBPK, the Resistance games, and more.

Speaking of mediocre how is halo 4? Lol

Halo 4 is the best game this year. I know you can't stand to hear anything positive about MS just because you owe your loyalty to a mega corporation like Sony. Why do you need to keep justifying your purchase of a PS3? Do you really need to bash games you've never played? Yeah I love Uncharted but not games like Starhawk, big whoop. I'm not a blind Sony fan like you who likes something only because it's PS exclusive. You're probably another one of Kuraimen/Pinnacle's alts anyway. :lol:
KarateeeChop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200 KarateeeChop

[QUOTE="KarateeeChop"]

[QUOTE="NineTailedGoku"]

maxon27

What I find hilarious is, you xbots rent your own games. Plus you rent your own dlc. So it's come down to this. Ps3 has the better exclusive games. The ps3 also has the most content in multiplats. Psn offers more then xbl. Ps+ offers so many full games that it makes a mocker of xbl. So ps3 has the games, exclusive multiplat content, the better online service and now outselling xbox360 hand over fist. Ouch it's gotta hurt supporting a system that has nothing left. Never mind lets hope Microsoft try to remain as loyal to it's users as its users are to Microsoft. LMAO

actually, i play the xbox just as much as ps3. pc is my main platform. not sure why u r all mad all of a sudden. keep raging :lol: