is sony incapable of coming up with original ideas?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

eklineage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#201 eklineage
Member since 2008 • 2413 Posts

original lol. Is this a joke topic. The world is built off of stealing ideas my friend. Besides.. ppl don't like innovation. Mirror's edge was an example of that. It's not like gears 2 brought about a huge change compared to gears 1. Stick to one argument ppl.

Or does every1 here change their perspective on things whenever it benefits them?

Sony hasn't been very original... but neither has microsoft. Companies don't care about you... so why should you care back. No offence guys.. but stop becoming brainwashed by this nonexistant console war. Just cuz you guys can't afford it, doesn't mean you should hate on it.

Ciocio7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#202 Ciocio7
Member since 2009 • 101 Posts
[QUOTE="UT_Wrestler"]

Can anybody name even one idea that sony thought of first?

Look at the PS1 and look at the beloved dual-shock controller. The ORIGINAL dual shock did not have analog, it was basically just a ripoff of the snes controller. Take away the handles and you'll see what I mean.

Then, along came the n64 with an analog stick, which it turns out is actually a necessity for 3d gaming, so after seeing this, sony MODIFIED the dual shock to include analog, so they once again copied nintendo.

I remember laughing back when sony fanboys were bashing the gamecube controller for being a "ripoff" of the dual shock, when in actuality they were basically saying that nintendo was just ripping off themselves.

Then nintendo comes out with the motion-sensing wii-mote, and then omg sony has to come up with their own half-assed motion sensing knockoff of this technology, and to add insult they announce a new controller called the "waggle" which is literally a carbon copy ripoff of the wii-mote.

And now sony has taken to ripping off microsoft as well. Hey that hard drive idea you put on the original xbox is pretty cool, let's copy that too! OOOh! Achievements! Wow we need to put some crap like that on our console even though it wasn't available at launch!

It's no wonder the ps3 is in last place. Aside from a lousy selection of games, all their innovations are just parodies of ideas originating at microsoft and nintendo.

uuuuuuuuuuuuuh sony had a harddrive before xbox1 on ps2 andit was planned before xbox1 even came out for final fantasy thats why sony is called acomputer entertainment system on theyre box and xbox is called a video game system on theyre box
iam2green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#203 iam2green
Member since 2007 • 13991 Posts
little big planet, metal gear say hi.
Avatar image for EndorphinMaster
EndorphinMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#204 EndorphinMaster
Member since 2009 • 2118 Posts

little big planet, metal gear say hi.iam2green

sony didn't make those games

TheGrat1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205 TheGrat1
Member since 2008 • 4330 Posts

[QUOTE="iam2green"]little big planet, metal gear say hi.EndorphinMaster

sony didn't make those games

SCE did not make Metal Gear, correct.
Phazevariance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206 Phazevariance
Member since 2003 • 12356 Posts
So far, i've seen cows say MGS4 and LBP. yet sony didnt make those games, it was just released on their console.... so... no rebuttle argument??
fluxorator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207 fluxorator
Member since 2008 • 887 Posts
So far, i've seen cows say MGS4 and LBP. yet sony didnt make those games, it was just released on their console.... so... no rebuttle argument??Phazevariance
Nintendo didn't do anything original... Motion Sensing is actually pretty old. In fact nothing original has come along in a long time. Get over it.
DonPerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#208 DonPerian
Member since 2005 • 3773 Posts

Competition is key in good business.

While from a philosophical point of view, I agree with you that individuality is key, that frame of though doesn't carry over too well into business practice.

Regardless, Sony has had it's fair share of innovations and successes. As have Microsoft and Nintendo. You can't turn a blind eye to that.

ZunepwnsIpod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209 ZunepwnsIpod
Member since 2009 • 46 Posts
MS is not creative, dont u ever place them on the same lvl as Nintendo
robobie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#210 robobie
Member since 2007 • 2172 Posts

Buzz, singstar and eyetoy.

Microsoft brought out scene it, lips and your in the movies after them

StarkJJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211 StarkJJ
Member since 2004 • 534 Posts

[QUOTE="Phazevariance"]So far, i've seen cows say MGS4 and LBP. yet sony didnt make those games, it was just released on their console.... so... no rebuttle argument??fluxorator
Nintendo didn't do anything original... Motion Sensing is actually pretty old. In fact nothing original has come along in a long time. Get over it.

Motion sensing old? It may be old, but was never applied to a home console in this manner. Therefore it's "new, innovative, and original". Not to mention that it was lightning in a bottle. Oh, and no. Sony has never done anything 100% brewed behind their doors. Copy copy copy.

L-U-K-E-D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#212 L-U-K-E-D
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

OK... now this is a war.

1st. Im pretty sure that if you look it up your find that the playstation 1, and playstation 2 were made way before the first xbox. (So how do you know that the first xbox was a bunch of stolen ideas from the playstation 1 and 2, and improved.)

2nd. Also if you do some research your find that the sixaxis is not new, but a renamed and improved version of what sony CREATED a long long time ago. (Somebody already mentioned this)

3rd. The xbox 360 tried so hard to bring HD disks to life but failed miserably, only to let sony give the world the new format of high definition....Blu-Ray (oh yer, sorry the xbox 360 cant play blu-ray)

4th. Playstation Home (They couldnt of stole this from anywhere)

5th. AND IMPORTANT: SONY brought to us CD'S. DVD'S, MemoryStick and flash memory cards, and we all know about blu-ray (Look it up on wiki). but the most important quote "The PlayStation 2 has become the most successful video game console of all time. It has sold a total of over 140 million units and still going"

I hope you read that because im sure that people are getting a little confused, if not microsoft and nintedo like to (Borrow) ideas from sony...lol without DVD's what would the xbox360 use to store games......mmm i think sony helped out there!!! Even Microsoft store software on CD's.

I forgot to mention the Top of the line LCD TV's that your shiny ps3's and xbox360's are played on. Aka BRAVIA HDTV. And maybe some of the best laptops aka Vaio. lol I can keep going but i dont wont to bore you.

AdrianWerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#213 AdrianWerner
Member since 2003 • 28441 Posts

Look at the PS1 and look at the beloved dual-shock controller. The ORIGINAL dual shock did not have analog, it was basically just a ripoff of the snes controller. Take away the handles and you'll see what I mean.

Then, along came the n64 with an analog stick, which it turns out is actually a necessity for 3d gaming, so after seeing this, sony MODIFIED the dual shock to include analog, so they once again copied nintendo.

I remember laughing back when sony fanboys were bashing the gamecube controller for being a "ripoff" of the dual shock, when in actuality they were basically saying that nintendo was just ripping off themselves.

Then nintendo comes out with the motion-sensing wii-mote, and then omg sony has to come up with their own half-assed motion sensing knockoff of this technology, and to add insult they announce a new controller called the "waggle" which is literally a carbon copy ripoff of the wii-mote.

And now sony has taken to ripping off microsoft as well. Hey that hard drive idea you put on the original xbox is pretty cool, let's copy that too! OOOh! Achievements! Wow we need to put some crap like that on our console even though it wasn't available at launch!

It's no wonder the ps3 is in last place. Aside from a lousy selection of games, all their innovations are just parodies of ideas originating at microsoft and nintendo.

UT_Wrestler
MS and Ninty are the same. Sony steals from them, they steal from PC
McdonaIdsGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214 McdonaIdsGuy
Member since 2008 • 3046 Posts
Motorstorm- tracks that change every lap

Resistance-40 mp games or 60 mp games on a console and they do it without lag

ps3_owns_360Wii

You got to be kidding me.........seriously.. you're using that as ownage...?
-Reggaeton-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215 -Reggaeton-
Member since 2007 • 2392 Posts
[QUOTE="TOAO_Cyrus1"][QUOTE="ps3_owns_360Wii"]

LBP, Motorstorm, R1 and R2 says hi.

Sony has developed alot more new IPs then MS this gen

Gears of War, Viva Pinata, Kameo...

Epic, Rare qualifies as ms tho'
Raiden1000002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216 Raiden1000002
Member since 2007 • 32 Posts

thing to say for someoe with a rrodas their avatar besides everyone has to copy something

you are copying your parents because they were speaking english first so come up with your own language

nintendo is copying brown box by puting controllers

microsoft is copying sony by making a videogame console

you are copying me by existing

geez dont be an ass*ole they have to copy some stuff otherwise theyll go out of bussiness and im not saying they are copying im saying even nintendo copied stuff like they copied solid snake from the plasystion and put him on ssbb and xbox is was designed to be a a ps2 clone with additional feature like musics

have fun with your RRODed peice of sh*t

st1ka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217 st1ka
Member since 2008 • 8179 Posts
[QUOTE="st1ka"][QUOTE="ps3_owns_360Wii"]

Motorstorm- tracks that change every lap

Resistance-40 mp games or 60 mp games on a console and they do it without lag

ps3_owns_360Wii

how is this original or inovation?

give me a console game that supports that many players

online FPS' on consoles have been around since last gen, the number of people has nothing to do with inovation, it's like saying crysis is inovative because of it's graphics
st1ka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218 st1ka
[QUOTE="T3H_1337_N1NJ4"][QUOTE="Lionheart08"] So, can I unleash the failure stamp on this thread since apparently doing a little research was just overrated for the TC. :Permacness

Hardly.

sega didn't have a web browser on the DC, they were the 1st with online play, but not a web browser and most of the thing i stated, m$ copied and applied it to their 360. So while you might not think it's innovation, m$ sure does

actually the dreamcast did have an internet browser it was called the planetweb browser

ImOldGreg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219 ImOldGreg
Member since 2007 • 2357 Posts

ps3_owns_360Wii
Sony doesnt develope squat, they only publish
RocKtheCasbaH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#220 RocKtheCasbaH
Member since 2003 • 686 Posts

ps3_owns_360Wii

So the Resitance series isn't the illegitimate spawn of Gears of War and Halo? My bad. Ask yourself this: if Halo and Gears had never been developed would Resistance exist?

LBP is unique I agree. It created DIY gaming and what a roaring sucess that has been... with anyone over the age of 12 anyway. Has it even sold a million yet?

Motorstorm is good though, even if it is a little linear with no split screen multiplayer.

Not great examples all in all.

raskullibur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#221 raskullibur
Member since 2003 • 3390 Posts
- The original Playstation had an expansion slot in my experience a friend of mine bought a movie card inserted on that expansion slot to play video cd - The PS1 also had a multitap for upto 8 player and the ability to connect 2 Playstations like a LAN for multiplayer games like Red Alert
MortalDecay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222 MortalDecay
Member since 2005 • 4298 Posts
[QUOTE="UT_Wrestler"]

Let's not forget that last gen Sony bashed MS for putting the HDD in the Xbox, saying HDD's aren't needed for gaming, and MS was trying to make game consoles like PCs, or some crap like that.
Avatar image for Angry_PolarBear
Angry_PolarBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224 Angry_PolarBear
Member since 2008 • 961 Posts
[QUOTE="MortalDecay"][QUOTE="UT_Wrestler"]

Let's not forget that last gen Sony bashed MS for putting the HDD in the Xbox, saying HDD's aren't needed for gaming, and MS was trying to make game consoles like PCs, or some crap like that.

PS2 had harddrives before XBOX :|
CreepyBacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225 CreepyBacon
Member since 2005 • 3183 Posts

Course not they've alwayts stolen there ideas..it's not a BAD thing if you can't th ink up anything original do what your competition is doing instead I'm just glad they've gone from console leader to dead last, that way they've not got as much influence on where things go..i mean, look at the jump from PS1 to PS2, barly any difference at all.

MortalDecay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226 MortalDecay
[QUOTE="Angry_PolarBear"][QUOTE="MortalDecay"][QUOTE="UT_Wrestler"]

You must be talking about the HDD that came with Final Fantasy XI, which was released in 2003. The Xbox was released in 2001.
RocKtheCasbaH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#227 RocKtheCasbaH
Member since 2003 • 686 Posts

OK... now this is a war.

1st. Im pretty sure that if you look it up your find that the playstation 1, and playstation 2 were made way before the first xbox. (So how do you know that the first xbox was a bunch of stolen ideas from the playstation 1 and 2, and improved.) They are all a bunch of 'stolen ideas'. Each console takes the best of those before and around it and gives it a twist.

2nd. Also if you do some research your find that the sixaxis is not new, but a renamed and improved version of what sony CREATED a long long time ago. (Somebody already mentioned this). The six-axis should never have got past the focus group testing. Putting the out of date design to the side, once the novelty has worn off throwing your controller about in the middle of an otherwise normal game is off-putting. The PS3 isn't the Wii and shouldn't imitate it.

3rd. The xbox 360 tried so hard to bring HD disks to life but failed miserably, only to let sony give the world the new format of high definition....Blu-Ray (oh yer, sorry the xbox 360 cant play blu-ray) It's been said a million times and proved so far this gen - you don't need blu-ray to play games. Unless you like slow load times.

4th. Playstation Home (They couldnt of stole this from anywhere). Apart from Second Life? or were you being sarcastic?

5th. AND IMPORTANT: SONY brought to us CD'S. DVD'S, MemoryStick and flash memory cards, and we all know about blu-ray (Look it up on wiki). but the most important quote "The PlayStation 2 has become the most successful video game console of all time. It has sold a total of over 140 million units and still going" True. Well not quite in the way you claim it to be. They did have a hand in the development but it was a minor role. I mostly remember Sony for times they went for it on their own - like with mini disk and the PSP movie format (forgot it's name)

I hope you read that because im sure that people are getting a little confused, if not microsoft and nintedo like to (Borrow) ideas from sony...lol without DVD's what would the xbox360 use to store games......mmm i think sony helped out there!!! Even Microsoft store software on CD's. Your serious aren't you - or are you being sarcastic again?

I forgot to mention the Top of the line LCD TV's that your shiny ps3's and xbox360's are played on. Aka BRAVIA HDTV. And maybe some of the best laptops aka Vaio. lol I can keep going but i dont wont to bore you. Yep Bravia TV's are pretty good. Got to agree there.

L-U-K-E-D
Angry_PolarBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228 Angry_PolarBear
[QUOTE="Angry_PolarBear"][QUOTE="MortalDecay"] Let's not forget that last gen Sony bashed MS for putting the HDD in the Xbox, saying HDD's aren't needed for gaming, and MS was trying to make game consoles like PCs, or some crap like that.MortalDecay

You must be talking about the HDD that came with Final Fantasy XI, which was released in 2003. The Xbox was released in 2001.

It was announced in 2000 to have a simultaneous release with the PS2. Sorry, but Sony already designed the PS2 with hard drive in mind.
Avatar image for carljohnson3456
carljohnson3456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#229 carljohnson3456
Member since 2007 • 12489 Posts

Competition is key in good business.

While from a philosophical point of view, I agree with you that individuality is key, that frame of though doesn't carry over too well into business practice.

Regardless, Sony has had it's fair share of innovations and successes. As have Microsoft and Nintendo. You can't turn a blind eye to that.

DonPerian
Very well said, sir. Very well said.
MortalDecay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230 MortalDecay
[QUOTE="L-U-K-E-D"]

OK... now this is a war.

1st. Im pretty sure that if you look it up your find that the playstation 1, and playstation 2 were made way before the first xbox. (So how do you know that the first xbox was a bunch of stolen ideas from the playstation 1 and 2, and improved.)

2nd. Also if you do some research your find that the sixaxis is not new, but a renamed and improved version of what sony CREATED a long long time ago. (Somebody already mentioned this)

3rd. The xbox 360 tried so hard to bring HD disks to life but failed miserably, only to let sony give the world the new format of high definition....Blu-Ray (oh yer, sorry the xbox 360 cant play blu-ray)

4th. Playstation Home (They couldnt of stole this from anywhere)

5th. AND IMPORTANT: SONY brought to us CD'S. DVD'S, MemoryStick and flash memory cards, and we all know about blu-ray (Look it up on wiki). but the most important quote "The PlayStation 2 has become the most successful video game console of all time. It has sold a total of over 140 million units and still going"

I hope you read that because im sure that people are getting a little confused, if not microsoft and nintedo like to (Borrow) ideas from sony...lol without DVD's what would the xbox360 use to store games......mmm i think sony helped out there!!! Even Microsoft store software on CD's.

I forgot to mention the Top of the line LCD TV's that your shiny ps3's and xbox360's are played on. Aka BRAVIA HDTV. And maybe some of the best laptops aka Vaio. lol I can keep going but i dont wont to bore you.

Home is a rip off of Second Life/Sims. Sony didn't create the DVD, that was Toshiba. Sony had their own version, but it failed. Look it up. How did MS fail miserably wqith HD DVD? MS didn't create HD DVD. Toshiba did. That was Toshiba's failure, not MS. If you're going to argue about something, a little research does help/
Avatar image for carljohnson3456
carljohnson3456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#231 carljohnson3456
Member since 2007 • 12489 Posts

Are people still seriously claiming Sony havent contributed innovations to gaming? They pretty much pushed mature games into the main stream of video games, created the Eye Toy, pioneered the "multimedia" console, and the cell.

AHHH! HAHAHAHA! Ok, ok, I was kidding when I said the cell. I couldnt say that with a straight face! :lol: Let's be real here for a minute. I give MS credit for launching Live, and achievements, very innovative. They do a great job of pushing software on consoles. Nintendo, good grief... Nintendo are nuts. Who would have thought you could succeed in the console market without pushing graphics every generation. They're true innovators.

As for Sony... it would be ignorant to ignore the contributions they've made to the gaming industry through their first party games (like Lips, LBP, they're Eye Toy games, and others) and their hardware. Sony might be the MOST innovative video game company, but let's face it, they've done alot for gaming and influenced the Xbox heavily, the same way the Xbox is now influencing the Playstation. And for the record, every company copies each other, I'm sure we all know that by now.

Angry_PolarBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232 Angry_PolarBear

Home is a rip off of Second Life/Sims. Sony didn't create the DVD, that was Toshiba. Sony had their own version, but it failed. Look it up. How did MS fail miserably wqith HD DVD? MS didn't create HD DVD. Toshiba did. That was Toshiba's failure, not MS. If you're going to argue about something, a little research does help/MortalDecay
"In 1993, two high-density optical storage formats were being developed; one was the MultiMedia Compact Disc (MMCD), backed by Philips and Sony, and the other was the Super Density (SD) disc, supported by Toshiba, Time Warner, Matsushita Electric, Hitachi, Mitsubishi Electric, Pioneer, Thomson, and JVC. Representatives of the SD camp approached IBM, asking for advice on the file system to use for their disk as well as looking for support for their format for storing computer data. A researcher from IBM's Almaden Research Center received that request and also learned of the MMCD development project. Wary of being caught in a repeat of the costly videotape format war between VHS and Betamax of the 1980s, he convened a group of computer industry experts (including representatives from Apple, Microsoft, Sun, Dell, and many others), this group was referred to as the Technical Working Group, or TWG. The TWG voted to boycott both formats unless the two camps agreed on a single, converged standard. Lou Gerstner, president of IBM, was recruited to apply pressure on the executives of the warring factions. Eventually, the computer companies won the day, and a single format, now called DVD, was agreed upon. The TWG also collaborated with the Optical Storage Technology Association (OSTA) on the use of their implementation of the ISO-13346 file system, known as Universal Disk Format (UDF), for use on the new DVDs."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dvd

_rpg_FAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233 _rpg_FAN
Member since 2005 • 1418 Posts
Eye Toy? Eye of Judgement? I dont know, some of these quirky PSN games (eden, flower, flow) etc are pretty original.-DrRobotnik-
flow is pc game made in flash that is later developed for ps3 with bether graphics and some new gameplay + its not made by sony eye toy is basicaly just web cam. You can use regular web cam and play some "motion tracking games" there are dozens on net
Avatar image for MasterDefender3
MasterDefender3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234 MasterDefender3
Member since 2009 • 264 Posts

Why would SONY come up with anything new when eveything they need to make a excellent console is already all around them at their disposal??
The original part is putting them all together and making it work.

Angry_PolarBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235 Angry_PolarBear

Why would SONY come up with anything new when eveything they need to make a excellent console is already all around them at their disposal??

MasterDefender3
Because it is law that Sony HAVE to make something new, even if there is no need for it.
campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
hasnt sony done : Dvd(movies)/Cd(music) Player first First use of memory cards? Wireless controllers?... Rumble?? ( Im not sure if the controllers before the dualshocks had rumble , if they did im then include rumble)
Steppy_76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237 Steppy_76
Member since 2005 • 2857 Posts

[QUOTE="st1ka"][QUOTE="ermacness"]another thing sony did that was innovative: allowing for most PC controllers to operate on the ps3 with limited capabilities (i don't know about rumble since the DS3 rumble now, but no six-axis controls though). I know this from experienceermacness

ok, now that i agree...so what do we have so far again?

Bluetooth Headsets

Web Browser

PC controller connectivity

Remote Play

Touch Sense power and eject sensors

and HDMI output

Wireless headsets existed for the Xbox I believe(I don't believe the connection used, which in invisible to the end user being different qualifies in making it an original idea)and I think the 360 wireless headset debuted before the PS3 came out. The Dreamcast had a web browser available for it(Once again, purchasing it or bundling it doesn't make it innovative IMO). Remote play definitely is an innovation. The touch sense power and eject sensors are functionally no different than buttons, not sure this qualifies as an innovation.
st1ka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238 st1ka

hasnt sony done : Dvd(movies)/Cd(music) Player first First use of memory cards? Wireless controllers?... Rumble?? ( Im not sure if the controllers before the dualshocks had rumble , if they did im then include rumble)campzor

CD-I was the first to read movies

sega saturn, sega cd turbo grafix cd, 3DO CD-I, tehy all played music

Sega saturn also had memory cards (and so did the turbografix cd)

rumble was created by nintendo

wireless controllers have been around since the NES

st1ka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239 st1ka
[QUOTE="MasterDefender3"]

Angry_PolarBear

Because it is law that Sony HAVE to make something new, even if there is no need for it.

i don't think there's any need for creating new stuff, sony really improved a lot of the already existing technology. but it is interesting to see that so many of the features we tout today have actually been around and ignored for so long

Steppy_76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240 Steppy_76
Member since 2005 • 2857 Posts
hasnt sony done : Dvd(movies)/Cd(music) Player first(I think most if not all the original CD addons for the various systems could play music CD's) First use of memory cards? Actually the Sega CD had an available cartridge that acted as a memory card. Wireless controllers?Been around since the Atari 2600 and probably earlier. ... Rumble?? Nintendo had it first, and I'm not even sure if Nintendo's implementation was the first.( Im not sure if the controllers before the dualshocks had rumble , if they did im then include rumble)campzor
Does it really matter who did things first? Shouldn't we worry about who did things WELL first?
Brainkiller05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241 Brainkiller05
Member since 2005 • 28954 Posts
Whatever, it's all natural progression. Why would they bring out a new console which does nothing new/does exactly what the last one did.
trasherhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#242 trasherhead
Member since 2005 • 3058 Posts

Playstation was originally supposed to be an SNES add-on. They ripped off that whole project.Parasomniac

gawd... Someone needs a history leeson.
Nintendo ask Sony to develop the PSX as an adon for the snes, Nintendo backed out of the deal. Sony got pissed off and wanted to get even. SO they released the PSX as a standalone system. The symboles on the controler is from Super Mario World even. Just to piss them off.

You could actualy say that the Playstation is Nintendos bastard son that they didn't want anything to do with. So its not steal, it is taking what is rightfully its. ;)

campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243 campzor
[QUOTE="campzor"]Does it really matter who did things first? Shouldn't we worry about who did things WELL first?Steppy_76
to me no , but to the TC it apparently does im just trying to prove him wrong..its what i do :P

[QUOTE="campzor"]hasnt sony done : Dvd(movies)/Cd(music) Player first First use of memory cards? Wireless controllers?... Rumble?? ( Im not sure if the controllers before the dualshocks had rumble , if they did im then include rumble)st1ka

Wow sorry for my innaccurate presumtions.. i neva got a chance with the sega consoles so i didnt no.. and wireless controllers for the nes? really? like...REALLY? no seriously...REALLY? i didnt think nes had it coz i dont EVER recall snes having one , but ill take ur word on it
monkeytoes61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

#244 monkeytoes61
Member since 2005 • 8399 Posts

free online is a pretty original idea for consoles dont cha think?

Abicus7
Doesn't the Wii have that?
monkeytoes61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

#245 monkeytoes61
Member since 2005 • 8399 Posts
[QUOTE="campzor"][QUOTE="Steppy_76"][QUOTE="campzor"] to me no , but to the TC it apparently does im just trying to prove him wrong..its what i do :P [QUOTE="st1ka"]

hasnt sony done : Dvd(movies)/Cd(music) Player first First use of memory cards? Wireless controllers?... Rumble?? ( Im not sure if the controllers before the dualshocks had rumble , if they did im then include rumble)campzor

Wow sorry for my innaccurate presumtions.. i neva got a chance with the sega consoles so i didnt no.. and wireless controllers for the nes? really? like...REALLY? no seriously...REALLY? i didnt think nes had it coz i dont EVER recall snes having one , but ill take ur word on it

The Atari 2600 had wireless controllers.
st1ka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#246 st1ka
[QUOTE="Steppy_76"][QUOTE="campzor"] to me no , but to the TC it apparently does im just trying to prove him wrong..its what i do :P [QUOTE="st1ka"]

[QUOTE="campzor"]hasnt sony done : Dvd(movies)/Cd(music) Player first First use of memory cards? Wireless controllers?... Rumble?? ( Im not sure if the controllers before the dualshocks had rumble , if they did im then include rumble)campzor

see for yourself

BobHipJames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#247 BobHipJames
Member since 2007 • 3126 Posts
[QUOTE="TOAO_Cyrus1"][QUOTE="ps3_owns_360Wii"]

ps3_owns_360Wii

Gears of War, Viva Pinata, Kameo...

you for got alan wake, crackdown,IU, Lips, LO, ME, many others that MS published

Publish=/=develop. Sony develops their crap in-house, whereas Microsoft publishes. It's a matter of strategy. Microsoft pays for exclusivity through publishing software, Sony buys up developers.
clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#248 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29834 Posts
[QUOTE="UT_Wrestler"]

do you mean hardware, or new IPs? because some of Sony's 1st party titles are really original and compelling.
joopyme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#249 joopyme
Member since 2008 • 2598 Posts
no, they(ms and sony) are capable of revising other people's ideas, thank you.
campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#250 campzor
[QUOTE="st1ka"]

see for yourself

HAahahHAahHA omG.. now thats one funny commercial... gotta love the 80's lol. K fair enough.... OH!! what about.......... Internet browser!! (not that mind breaking but still no other console has it) *cough* I think.... lol oh and home.. (not bragging)