is sony incapable of coming up with original ideas?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

st1ka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151 st1ka
Member since 2008 • 8179 Posts
[QUOTE="st1ka"][QUOTE="SolidTy"]

It wasn't the same. Let me try to explain. Pressure Sensitivity in the PS2 had 256 different pressure points in ALL Of the buttons (Save for "start" and "select"). This technology is also in the PS3, and the original Xbox (M$ got rid of it on the 360, as it was underused.).

You guys don't know this, but that was the big difference between the Dual Shock, and DUAL Shock 2.

Gran Turismo uses it as you can see exactly how hard you are pressing the button while watching RPM's. The Bouncer used to for the type of Punches and Kicks used. EA uses it for sports games, and SOCOM used it for the Grenades (GeoW emulated this, but due to the lack of pressure sensitive buttons on the 360, you used the analog stick for distance.)

It's cool, but it is underused, for sure.

SolidTy

but isn't that just an evolution over to what we had before?

No, it was an innovative idea, it was an innovation.
Before, the games just used Timed presses, that's it.

It was an innovation.

that sounds more like an evolution to me

ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#152 ermacness
Member since 2005 • 10655 Posts

[QUOTE="ermacness"]another thing sony did that was innovative: allowing for most PC controllers to operate on the ps3 with limited capabilities (i don't know about rumble since the DS3 rumble now, but no six-axis controls though). I know this from experiencest1ka
ok, now that i agree...so what do we have so far again?

Bluetooth Headsets

Web Browser

PC controller connectivity

Remote Play

Touch Sense power and eject sensors

and HDMI output

Avatar image for Angry_PolarBear
Angry_PolarBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#153 Angry_PolarBear
Member since 2008 • 961 Posts
[QUOTE="SolidTy"]

Someone had to think of it, and implement it. Judging on how much I've used it since 1990's, it's a MAJOR Innovation.

That's like saying, C'mon, the Dpad was fine, who needs and analogue stick?

st1ka

actually it's not the same, the D-PAD was a different method of controlling, like analog stick and the mouse.

Adding a second analog stick is more of an evolution rather then an inovation, it's not like a new way motion was createdm you simply added a second already exisiting method

Ok maybe it was an evolution, but you can't deny the fact that it had a big impact on how games play now.
st1ka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154 st1ka

[QUOTE="st1ka"][QUOTE="ermacness"]another thing sony did that was innovative: allowing for most PC controllers to operate on the ps3 with limited capabilities (i don't know about rumble since the DS3 rumble now, but no six-axis controls though). I know this from experienceermacness

Bluetooth Headsets Web Browser PC controller connectivity and Remote Play

ya i can't think of anyone who did that before (on consoles at least)

st1ka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 st1ka

Someone had to think of it, and implement it. Judging on how much I've used it since 1990's, it's a MAJOR Innovation.

Angry_PolarBear

actually it's not the same, the D-PAD was a different method of controlling, like analog stick and the mouse.

Adding a second analog stick is more of an evolution rather then an inovation, it's not like a new way motion was createdm you simply added a second already exisiting method

Ok maybe it was an evolution, but you can't deny the fact that it had a big impact on how games play now.

absolutly, it set the standard for games today
ogvampire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 ogvampire
Member since 2008 • 9165 Posts
[QUOTE="ogvampire"][QUOTE="Angry_PolarBear"] imagine trying to play most of the games we have now without a second stick, everything would control like the PSP, that would be bad.SolidTy

let me clarify:

they already had 1 analogue stick, why is having 2 an innovation?

examply: say the standard controller has 4 face buttons... would you consider a controller with 8 face buttons to be innovative?

Sony's Idea Became a VIDEO GAME STANDARD. That's huge, man. (It would be nice if they contributed as much as Nintendo, but why knock them for this accomplishment?)

Ah, the QB just throws the ball to the player, that's easy!

main point: the analogue stick as a control method for videogames is the real innovation...

having 2 of them on the same controller = not as innovative.

like St1ka says: its more of an evolution as opposed to an innovation

Angry_PolarBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157 Angry_PolarBear
that sounds more like an evolution to mest1ka
nope, pressure sensitivity is something very different, like he already said most previous games use to use how long you pressed the buttons instead of how hard.
world69star69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#158 world69star69
Member since 2005 • 1401 Posts

[QUOTE="Angry_PolarBear"][QUOTE="dark-warmachine"]So we got Eye Toy, Dual Analog sticks and CD based console from the PS brand.TOAO_Cyrus1

actually sega saturn had CD first :P

Actually the Sega Genisis had it as an add on first.

Actually Turbo graphics 16 or pc engine in Japan had it first with the cd ad-on , I know I owned one. It was great! Yeah I have been gaming for a long time....since intellivison/atari/4color cga computer grfx....lol
st1ka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 st1ka
[QUOTE="st1ka"]that sounds more like an evolution to meAngry_PolarBear
nope, pressure sensitivity is something very different, like he already said most previous games use to use how long you pressed the buttons instead of how hard.

oh, the nes controller was based on time and not strenght?
hayato_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 hayato_
Member since 2007 • 5165 Posts
[QUOTE="SolidTy"][QUOTE="ogvampire"]

let me clarify:

they already had 1 analogue stick, why is having 2 an innovation?

examply: say the standard controller has 4 face buttons... would you consider a controller with 8 face buttons to be innovative?

ogvampire

Sony's Idea Became a VIDEO GAME STANDARD. That's huge, man. (It would be nice if they contributed as much as Nintendo, but why knock them for this accomplishment?)

main point: the analogue stick as a control method for videogames is the real innovation...

but stil innovative. Its not like they just slapped it on there for thier enjoyment. That probably took alot of thinking and tests about where to place it and such. Didn't the controller be the first to have built in rumble. ( I want to say Sega did that first )
SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

[QUOTE="SolidTy"]

st1ka

No, then why didn't Nintendo think of it. Why did we play Goldeneye archaically. It was an innovation.

If you want, we can call all things Evolutions, since this medium is constantly expanding, and the end result is we are in our seats playing. Until it connects to my brain, it's all Evolution.

It was a very nnovative idea, one that at first wasn't accepted and laughed at. Finally, when games started to use the second analogue it all became clear. Here we are in 2009, and now we still can't give Sony any credit.

BTW : Where is this going, we all know Microsoft is even Far less innovative, yet we are arguing about Sony.

I've seen this thread a ton of times here in SW, yet we don't see 20+ pages of Microsofts's Console Innovation's. Why?

Because the debate wouldn't last more than a few pages.

Here's the way it goes. Nintendo, Sega, Sony, and dead last, Microsoft.

Since SEGA's gone, Sony is now the second, and Microsoft still has yet to add much besides LIVE (Which was good.)

st1ka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 st1ka
[QUOTE="ogvampire"][QUOTE="SolidTy"]

hayato_

but stil innovative. Its not like they just slapped it on there for thier enjoyment. That probably took alot of thinking and tests about where to place it and such. It didn't the controller have built in rumble. ( I want to say Sega did that first )

i think it's more of an evolution rather then inovative

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 SolidTy
[QUOTE="SolidTy"]

ogvampire

Look, if you want me to say that Nintendo's Innovation was greater than Sony's, I'll be the first to say it. However, Nintendo didn't finish the Job, and if Sony didn't do it, you saw what SEGA did with the Dreamcast. They failed to add a second stick.

It was an innovation that both Nintendo and SEGA missed. It was as large as the innovative idea to bring analogue to consoles, but it was still an essential innovation that created the standard we see today.

st1ka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 st1ka

SolidTy

No, then why didn't Nintendo think of it. Why did we play Goldeneye archaicly. It was an innovation.

If you want, we can call all things Evolutions, since this medium is constantly expanding, and the end result is we are in our seats playing. Until it connects to my brain, it's all Evolution.

It was a very nnovative idea, one that at first wasn't accepted and laughed at. Finallly, when games started to use the second analogue it all became clear. Here we are in 2009, and now we still can't give Sony any credit.

BTW : Where is this going, we all know Microsoft is even Far less innovative, yet we are arguing about Sony.

I've seen this thread a ton of times here in SW, yet we don't see 20+ pages of Microsofts's Console Innovation's. Why?

Because the debate wouldn't last more than a few pages.

Here's the way it goes. Nintendo, Sega, Sony, and dead last, Microsoft.

Since SEGA's gone, Sony is now the second, and Microsoft still has yet to add much besides LIVE (Which was good.)

i agree, in termos of inovation Microsoft did nothing, the only thing i can think of are it's USB controllers that also connect to the PC and even then it's debatable.

But still doesn't make dual analog an inovation, it's all about button placement, not thinking about substitutes for buttons

Angry_PolarBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 Angry_PolarBear
[QUOTE="Angry_PolarBear"][QUOTE="st1ka"]that sounds more like an evolution to mest1ka

I'm not sure, i'm looking around to find out now.
st1ka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 st1ka
[QUOTE="ogvampire"][QUOTE="SolidTy"]

SolidTy

Look, if you want me to say that Nintendo's Innovation was greater than Sony's, I'll be the first to say it. However, Nintendo didn't finish the Job, and if Sony didn't do it, you saw what SEGA did with the Dreamcast. They failed to add a second stick.

It was an innovation that both Nintendo and SEGA missed. It was as large as the innovative idea to bring analogue to consoles, but it was still an essential innovation that created the standard we see today.

just because sega and nintendo missed it doesn't mean it's an inovation because analogs already existed, there was no new form of controll, it was simply adding another button, like adding third button on the megadrive. The difference is this had a major impact, but if impact equaled inovation then we'd all be playing the turbografix 256 : hard drive edition with our 3D goggles

st1ka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 st1ka

[QUOTE="st1ka"][QUOTE="Angry_PolarBear"] nope, pressure sensitivity is something very different, like he already said most previous games use to use how long you pressed the buttons instead of how hard.Angry_PolarBear

I'm not sure, i'm looking around to find out now.

if it was actually based on time and not strenght then i can see why you call it an inovation

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 SolidTy

[QUOTE="Angry_PolarBear"]nope, pressure sensitivity is something very different, like he already said most previous games use to use how long you pressed the buttons instead of how hard.st1ka

That's exactly right. It was Timed. That's why you would usually either get One funtion out of a button, or Two. Most developers used COMBO BUTTONS to accomplish tasks back then, like hitting Y&X at the same time.

st1ka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 st1ka

[QUOTE="st1ka"][QUOTE="Angry_PolarBear"]nope, pressure sensitivity is something very different, like he already said most previous games use to use how long you pressed the buttons instead of how hard.SolidTy

That's exactly right. It was Timed. That's why you would usually either get One funtion out of a button, or Two. Most developers used COMBO BUTTONS to accomplish tasks back then, like hitting Y&X at the same time.

if that's true then i can see the pressure sensitive buttons as an inovation

Angry_PolarBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 Angry_PolarBear
[QUOTE="SolidTy"]

[QUOTE="st1ka"]oh, the nes controller was based on time and not strenght?st1ka

Just found out that Sega were first with pressure sensitive buttons, they used it for the triggers under the DC controller. The Dualshock then used this feature for all it's buttons except R3, L3, start and select.
SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 SolidTy
[QUOTE="SolidTy"]

[QUOTE="st1ka"]oh, the nes controller was based on time and not strenght?st1ka

Another game that used it well was Metal Gear Solid 2.

You could aim your pistol out, and if you eeased off the button, you would not fire a shot. Instead, you would put your gun at your side. If you played the game on the GC or PSOne, you automatically fired when the button was released.

It was a subtle little touch, but pretty cool if you were aware of the function.

st1ka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 st1ka

Angry_PolarBear

Just found out that Sega were first with pressure sensitive buttons, they used it for the triggers under the DC controller. The Dualshock then used this feature for all it's buttons except R3, L3, start and select.

so how does that leave us? sega won? a tie?
one_on_one

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 208

#174 one_on_one
Member since 2008 • 2368 Posts
Sony and original ideas, it doesn't seem like it.
Angry_PolarBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 Angry_PolarBear
In terms of innovation Nintendo>Sega>>>>>>>>>>>somewhere>>>>>Sony/MS Sony however beats MS if you count all they've done for the industry as a whole. Although ninty innovated the most I hate all the crap("innovating") that they're doing with the wii, so out of all the innovative companies I think Sega should get the most credit.
Angry_PolarBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 Angry_PolarBear
Sony and original ideas, it doesn't seem like it.one_on_one
Wow, you obviously spent alot of time in this thread.
st1ka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 st1ka

In terms of innovation Nintendo>Sega>>>>>>>>>>>somewhere>>>>>Sony/MS Sony however beats MS if you count all they've done for the industry as a whole. Although ninty innovated the most I hate all the crap("innovating") that they're doing with the wii, so out of all the innovative companies I think Sega should get the most credit.Angry_PolarBear

is there anything microsoft did?

other then it's wired 360 controllers which could also be plugged in to the PC i can't think of anything

Angry_PolarBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 Angry_PolarBear

[QUOTE="Angry_PolarBear"]In terms of innovation Nintendo>Sega>>>>>>>>>>>somewhere>>>>>Sony/MS Sony however beats MS if you count all they've done for the industry as a whole. Although ninty innovated the most I hate all the crap("innovating") that they're doing with the wii, so out of all the innovative companies I think Sega should get the most credit.st1ka

other then it's wired 360 controllers which could also be plugged in to the PC i can't think of anything

Even though i haven't used it much i can see why LIVE has a fee, i think it revelutionised online. So they deserve that too.
st1ka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179 st1ka
[QUOTE="st1ka"]

[QUOTE="Angry_PolarBear"]In terms of innovation Nintendo>Sega>>>>>>>>>>>somewhere>>>>>Sony/MS Sony however beats MS if you count all they've done for the industry as a whole. Although ninty innovated the most I hate all the crap("innovating") that they're doing with the wii, so out of all the innovative companies I think Sega should get the most credit.Angry_PolarBear

Even though i haven't used it much i can see why LIVE has a fee, i think it revelutionised online. So they deserve that too.

i think it's more of an evolution to be honest.

unless of course you mean the fact that it was all integrated (friends list and stuff like that)

Angry_PolarBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 Angry_PolarBear
[QUOTE="Angry_PolarBear"][QUOTE="st1ka"]

st1ka

i think it's more of an evolution to be honest.

unless of course you mean the fact that it was all integrated (friends list and stuff like that)

Yup, The fact that everything meshes together and every game on the 360 works with it. This is the one thing I hate about PSN, the fact that it isn't a Uniform service.
yonnex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181 yonnex
Member since 2006 • 1265 Posts
[QUOTE="Angry_PolarBear"][QUOTE="st1ka"]

ok...so....what do we got so far?

st1ka

I think it is dual sticks, stereo rumble, and 3d graphics (?)

3D graphics? the 3DO and jaguar had them

Dual sticks.. yeah ok..

rumble the N 64 had it first

stereo? i think the sega CD had stereo, if it didn't than the saturn had it

actually the mega drive had 16bit stereo
Avatar image for deactivated-660c2894dc19c
deactivated-660c2894dc19c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#182 deactivated-660c2894dc19c
Member since 2004 • 2190 Posts
[QUOTE="UT_Wrestler"][QUOTE="ps3_owns_360Wii"]

Motorstorm- tracks that change every lap

ps3_owns_360Wii

FlatOut had that before Motorstorm. Motorstorm only evolved the idea.

T3H_1337_N1NJ4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#183 T3H_1337_N1NJ4
Member since 2005 • 2225 Posts
What about memory cards? Who did that first? lol
Lionheart08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#184 Lionheart08
Member since 2005 • 15814 Posts

[QUOTE="st1ka"][QUOTE="ermacness"]another thing sony did that was innovative: allowing for most PC controllers to operate on the ps3 with limited capabilities (i don't know about rumble since the DS3 rumble now, but no six-axis controls though). I know this from experienceermacness

Bluetooth Headsets

Web Browser

Remote Play

and HDMI output

So, can I unleash the failure stamp on this thread since apparently doing a little research was just overrated for the TC. :P
T3H_1337_N1NJ4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#185 T3H_1337_N1NJ4
Member since 2005 • 2225 Posts
[QUOTE="ermacness"]

Bluetooth Headsets

Seriously? ...

Web Browser

Dreamcast says hello again.

Hardly innovation but okay I'll give you that one. Doubt anyone ever used it though.

Remote Play

Don't know what it is, so okay one for sony.

???

and HDMI output

That's more a TV evolotuion than a console one.

Lionheart08

So, can I unleash the failure stamp on this thread since apparently doing a little research was just overrated for the TC. :P

Hardly.

Leo-Magic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186 Leo-Magic
Member since 2005 • 3025 Posts
[QUOTE="ps3_owns_360Wii"]

LBP, Motorstorm, R1 and R2 says hi.

Sony has developed alot more new IPs then MS this gen

LBP is a great game, but R2 is a ugly game.
Avatar image for ps3_owns_360Wii
ps3_owns_360Wii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#187 ps3_owns_360Wii
Member since 2008 • 2289 Posts
[QUOTE="ps3_owns_360Wii"][QUOTE="UT_Wrestler"] Motorstorm: Another generic racing game, wow so original and innovative Resistance: A sci-fi shooter with aliens; how originalst1ka

Motorstorm- tracks that change every lap

Resistance-40 mp games or 60 mp games on a console and they do it without lag

how is this original or inovation?

give me a console game that supports that many players

ogvampire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188 ogvampire
Member since 2008 • 9165 Posts
[QUOTE="ermacness"]

[QUOTE="st1ka"] ok, now that i agree...so what do we have so far again?Lionheart08

Bluetooth Headsets

Web Browser

Remote Play

and HDMI output

and how many of those 'innovations' really have anything to do with Gaming besides remote play....

Mario2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#189 Mario2007
Member since 2005 • 2520 Posts
Wow. This thread is full of Sega ownage! I love it!
TheGrat1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190 TheGrat1
Member since 2008 • 4330 Posts
[QUOTE="st1ka"][QUOTE="hayato_"][QUOTE="st1ka"]

what do you mean by pressure sensitive buttons?

If you pressed hard or soft on it, it did actions faster or slower. MGS2 was a good example. If you pressed the button down harder and longer it turned the valve faster. Pointing a gun to stick people up or actaully shooting it. Zone of the Enders was sthe same way It wouldn't surprise me, this feature gets overlooked alot on the PS controller. Its one of my favorites, but I think it might have been done already though.

but didn't the NES controller already had that? i remember that mario jumped diferently depending on the strenght i used

Thats different. That depends on how long you hold the button. Either the DUALSHOCK or DUALSHOCK 2 was the first controller to have pressure sensitive buttons. With previous controllers everything except the analog sticks were read as digital values. Every button on the DUALSHOCK 2, except the Select, Start, L3, and R3 buttons, are readable as analog values.
Fire-of-Njozi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191 Fire-of-Njozi
Member since 2009 • 468 Posts
sometimes when you're on top for a long time, you lose the hunger to innovate. it has always been this way, across every industry...and across every point of civilization. when Sony again becomes hungry, they will show their brilliance. but that day will not be today.
starmetroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#192 starmetroid
Member since 2007 • 5000 Posts
Does anyone find it ironic that TC bashs the PS3 yet had RROD in his sig?
TheGrat1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193 TheGrat1
Member since 2008 • 4330 Posts

Angry_PolarBear

Thats still not the face buttons. Triggers are, by nature, analog. Think of it this way: every controller before the N64 had purely digital input methods. Input from the face buttons on the DUALSHOCK 2 can be read as analog values.

kage_53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#194 kage_53
Member since 2006 • 12671 Posts
Playstation was originally supposed to be an SNES add-on. They ripped off that whole project.Parasomniac
Did you just say Sony copies its self
warmaster670

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195 warmaster670
Member since 2004 • 4699 Posts

Can anybody name even one idea that sony thought of first?

Look at the PS1 and look at the beloved dual-shock controller. The ORIGINAL dual shock did not have analog, it was basically just a ripoff of the snes controller. Take away the handles and you'll see what I mean.

Then, along came the n64 with an analog stick, which it turns out is actually a necessity for 3d gaming, so after seeing this, sony MODIFIED the dual shock to include analog, so they once again copied nintendo.

I remember laughing back when sony fanboys were bashing the gamecube controller for being a "ripoff" of the dual shock, when in actuality they were basically saying that nintendo was just ripping off themselves.

Then nintendo comes out with the motion-sensing wii-mote, and then omg sony has to come up with their own half-assed motion sensing knockoff of this technology, and to add insult they announce a new controller called the "waggle" which is literally a carbon copy ripoff of the wii-mote.

And now sony has taken to ripping off microsoft as well. Hey that hard drive idea you put on the original xbox is pretty cool, let's copy that too! OOOh! Achievements! Wow we need to put some crap like that on our console even though it wasn't available at launch!

It's no wonder the ps3 is in last place. Aside from a lousy selection of games, all their innovations are just parodies of ideas originating at microsoft and nintendo.

UT_Wrestler

ah nintendo fanboys, nintendo wasnt the first to use an analog stick by any means, HDD? realy? pcs had HDDs lightyears before consoles, microsoft is extrememly unoriginal but no one seems to remember that, hell there controller is almost a 1-1 rippoff of the dreamcast controller.

hell all achievments are is a unified system of crap from older games, you had crap like that before, do this unlock this instead of stupid points.

fluxorator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196 fluxorator
Member since 2008 • 887 Posts
[QUOTE="UT_Wrestler"][QUOTE="ps3_owns_360Wii"]

Motorstorm: Another generic racing game, wow so original and innovative Resistance: A sci-fi shooter with aliens; how original

Halo is a sci-fi shooter with aliens my friend. Also, Singstar vs "Lips" says hi.
GameHog9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197 GameHog9
Member since 2008 • 1052 Posts

Why the hell does anyone care, PS3 is a great system with great games.

No, I am not biased, 360 is a great system with great games as well. Im buying a laptop later this year and Ill be able to play some of them, like Mass Effect.

Solid_Max13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#198 Solid_Max13
Member since 2006 • 3596 Posts
[QUOTE="TOAO_Cyrus1"][QUOTE="ps3_owns_360Wii"]

ps3_owns_360Wii

Gears of War, Viva Pinata, Kameo...

you for got alan wake, crackdown,IU, Lips, LO, ME, many others that MS published

Can consider some of those being copied as well, nothing is really original per say anymore just better ideas and better evolution nowadays.
hakanakumono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199 hakanakumono
Member since 2008 • 27455 Posts

Sony is a Japanese company that does what the Japanese do best. Taking something and doing it better.

The PS1 controller really looks nothing like the famicom controller anyways. instead of the 2 diagonal button lines that were standard on the snes, genesis, and saturn Playstation made a more ergonomic controller with a cross button design with a more universal system, in which the circle was the place you held your thumb (for some strange reason, x in America).

The snes controller was a curved rectangle. The PS1 controller is nothing like a rectangle. It's a 3D controller for a 3D console.

Furthermore, whats wrong with KEEPING UP WITH THE LATEST TECHNOLOGY? Sega did the same thing with the saturn, coming out with their own 3D controller (for NiGHTs especially).

Then sega copied the PS1 controller layout with the Dreamcast.

And now look at the xbox 360 controller. Very playstation as well.

ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200 ermacness
Member since 2005 • 10655 Posts
[QUOTE="Lionheart08"][QUOTE="ermacness"]

Bluetooth Headsets

Seriously? ...

Web Browser

Dreamcast says hello again.

Hardly innovation but okay I'll give you that one. Doubt anyone ever used it though.

Remote Play

Don't know what it is, so okay one for sony.

???

and HDMI output

That's more a TV evolotuion than a console one.

T3H_1337_N1NJ4

Hardly.

sega didn't have a web browser on the DC, they were the 1st with online play, but not a web browser and most of the thing i stated, m$ copied and applied it to their 360. So while you might not think it's innovation, m$ sure does