Is Infamous: Second Son the Best Looking Game Ever?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#201  Edited By AM-Gamer
Member since 2012 • 8116 Posts

@777hedonist7666: Lmao omg no. Modded gta4 still has simple ass geometry. Not even close

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#202 AM-Gamer

@melonfarmerz: If you don't think infamous SS is one of the best looking games it's because you haven't played it.

Pffrbt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#203 Pffrbt
Member since 2010 • 6612 Posts

No. The art does nothing for me.

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#204 AM-Gamer

@heguain: Considering AC4 on Ultra barely looks better then the PS4 version that's laughable.

R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#205 R3FURBISHED
Member since 2008 • 12408 Posts

@summerparadise said:

You wrong:

InFamous:

Ryse:

From having played both (beaten Ryse and still working on InFamous) Ryse gets my vote for better looking on the technical front, but InFamous is more impressive in what it accomplishes.

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206  Edited By AM-Gamer

@zeeshanhaider: God your such a delusional troll it's hillarious. Low lod? That's why you can stand on top of the channel 6 building and see all of seatle. No realtime reflections? That must be why glass buildings reflect what's around them in real time. Bad textures? That must be why I can see the threads in Delsins cap and individual pebbles in loose gravel. Please dude get bent this game has you so butthurt it's sad.

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208  Edited By AM-Gamer

@Sithmaster-Jase: what's your psn so we can check trophies? I call BS I own both and titanfall looks like a 360 game with slightly better textures. Please play the game you just like an ass

scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209 scatteh316
Member since 2004 • 10273 Posts

Those Ryse shots still look blurry as shit.... Is it really that bad in person?

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#210  Edited By ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

@scatteh316 said:

Same thing I noticed, it's like there's a haze over the entire image.

And it's been the same for every non cutscene ryse shot I've ever seen.

Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211  Edited By Snugenz
Member since 2006 • 13388 Posts

It is a fantastic looking console game, probably the best looking console game i've played to date, but there's still better looking games on PC.

Since others are sharing their screenshots...

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213  Edited By ReadingRainbow4

@FastRobby said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@scatteh316 said:

Look at the one from Infamous, the post above me. Also looks very blurry, I think this has more to do with the picture taking, and the forum, than the actual games itself.

No it doesn't.

Ryse just looks way too soft, for example check out the foliage and how it blends into eachother in those forest trail pictures. You can easily tell it's running at a lower resolution that's why. It just looks like a mush of green.

Granted uncompressed shots will always look better, but it's definitely not hard to see the difference. Second Son is undeniably sharper.

blamix99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#214 blamix99
Member since 2011 • 2685 Posts

for me it is the best looking SP game right now, but something will beat it soon this year

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#215  Edited By Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

On consoles , may be . Overall , NO . Even 3 Years old PC game The Witcher 2 , beats it easily .

Zoom in and look at textures . Insane amount of detail .

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217  Edited By zeeshanhaider
Member since 2004 • 5524 Posts

@m3dude1 said:

@zeeshanhaider said:

@SuddenlyTragic said:

@zeeshanhaider: Well as you can see, I've been a member since 2005, I'm not just some random poster. I'm the farthest thing from a Sony drone, I only own a PS4 because they happened to be in stock at my local Best Buy a few weeks after it came out and I like to have the newest thing.

I've been building PC's since the early 2000's and if there's any console I've been loyal to in the past it's the Xbox. I'm just calling the game for what it is, a gorgeous next-gen game that has wowed me since I put in the disc. I just don't understand how you can say games like Sleeping Dogs looks better when it seems very evident that you've never even played Infamous when you make claims such as the game has "no shadows."

I'm not a fanboy of any kind, I'm just a gamer. I have a 360, PS3, PS4, and a gaming PC. So there you go. I'm just calling it how I see it and everyone who has actually played the game seems to agree with me. There's another thread going on about how Digital Foundry is also praising the game for the same reasons I am.

I can respect your opinion if you think it looks gorgeous which it does no doubt. However the game doesn't have dynamic shadows most of the time at all and when it does there's only one light source that is casting them. All the cool lighting you see....well....no shadows are casted from it. Feel free to prove me otherwise.

Besides, I already said that the game still suffers from low draw distance, low resolution textures, low framerate, the reflections are not dynamic at all. You can see the pics posted in this very thread to confirm this. Neither is the weather. No day/night cycle. The only thing going for it is its lighting and that's that but what good is lighting if it is not effecting the environment in any meaningful way, it only lit the scene and fill it with colors. Sleeping Dogs butchers it in all the said areas.

http://i.imgur.com/XHzYCaq.jpg

Yep, you just described pc graphics in a nutshell unless the game environment is simply a small square room. the only game which features real time reflections like infamous is crysis 2/3, but thats mostly limited to tiny 10x10 boxed corridors. lets not even talk about low draw distance. crysis 2/3 levels are miniscule and bf4 has the worst most obvious lod ive seen in a game in years. Oh and then you get the lovely screen full of z fighting straight from ps1 games. YAY pc graphics!!!

Cry some more that a tablet CPU and GPU barely matching a 570 level GPu from 2010 in 900pStation wouldn't be able to reach even a glevel set by a game from 2011. Keep crying.

And LOL at calling Crysis 2 10x10 boxed corridors. They have reflections/Shadows even on the open treet levels that involves all light sources and that includes self shadowing particles that both cast light and receive shadows. Pretty damn sure the Sony exclusives falls into the onrails category with linear as hell 5x5 boxed corridors with everything prebaked.

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218  Edited By zeeshanhaider

@SuddenlyTragic said:

@zeeshanhaider said:

@SuddenlyTragic said:

@zeeshanhaider: Well as you can see, I've been a member since 2005, I'm not just some random poster. I'm the farthest thing from a Sony drone, I only own a PS4 because they happened to be in stock at my local Best Buy a few weeks after it came out and I like to have the newest thing.

I've been building PC's since the early 2000's and if there's any console I've been loyal to in the past it's the Xbox. I'm just calling the game for what it is, a gorgeous next-gen game that has wowed me since I put in the disc. I just don't understand how you can say games like Sleeping Dogs looks better when it seems very evident that you've never even played Infamous when you make claims such as the game has "no shadows."

I'm not a fanboy of any kind, I'm just a gamer. I have a 360, PS3, PS4, and a gaming PC. So there you go. I'm just calling it how I see it and everyone who has actually played the game seems to agree with me. There's another thread going on about how Digital Foundry is also praising the game for the same reasons I am.

I can respect your opinion if you think it looks gorgeous which it does no doubt. However the game doesn't have dynamic shadows most of the time at all and when it does there's only one light source that is casting them. All the cool lighting you see....well....no shadows are casted from it. Feel free to prove me otherwise.

Besides, I already said that the game still suffers from low draw distance, low resolution textures, low framerate, the reflections are not dynamic at all. You can see the pics posted in this very thread to confirm this. Neither is the weather. No day/night cycle. The only thing going for it is its lighting and that's that but what good is lighting if it is not effecting the environment in any meaningful way, it only lit the scene and fill it with colors. Sleeping Dogs butchers it in all the said areas.

Yeah, there is only one light source...The sun.

Low resolution textures - I beg to differ, as does Digital Foundry's analysis of the game.

Yeah man, the game is around 30fps, not a surprise for a console game of this magnitude running in 1080p. Don't worry, we're all aware that a good enough PC can run any game at 60+fps. Infamous maintains a consistent framerate that never drops to being unplayable so I'm fine with that.

Explain what you mean by non-dynamic reflections? At night the lights of cars and streetlights are shining off of everything around you, including puddles of water on the street. Seems pretty dynamic to me...

And just for the sake of discussion...How much time have you actually spent with this game? Clearly you don't own a PS4 as you've done nothing but bash the console this entire thread and the game has only been out for a week. Sounds like you've just been looking around on the internet and saying "I think my PC games look better."

Nope, they are not dynamic. There are no reflections at all. Just look at the pictures posted in this very thread. The water don't cast any dynamic reflections of the powers just like shadows. All the reflections are prebaked. And it's common knowledge on SW that I don't own consololes. I don't waste my money on outdated crap like the 900pStation and the 720pBox.

TheTruthIsREAL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219  Edited By TheTruthIsREAL
Member since 2013 • 813 Posts

@zeeshanhaider: You're more butthurt about this game than Peyton Manning was about the Super Bowl!

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#220  Edited By The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

@MonsieurX said:

Ever?

That would be a stupid thing to say since it'll get outclassed soon even if it's considered the best looking game now

You still didn't mention any game that looks better though

Anyways, doesn't Crysis 3 look amazing on highest graphics on pc?

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#221 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

I just hope this creates more standards

heguain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 283

User Lists: 36

#222 heguain
Member since 2007 • 1433 Posts

@Cloud_imperium said:

On consoles , may be . Overall , NO . Even 3 Years old PC game The Witcher 2 , beats it easily .

I agree. also crysis warhead or crysis3 :3

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223 Cloud_imperium

@heguain: Yep . I gave Witcher 2's example because it is older than Crysis 3 , which came out last year . Warhead from 2008 still looks awesome .

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224 zeeshanhaider

@AM-Gamer said:

@zeeshanhaider: God your such a delusional troll it's hillarious. Low lod? That's why you can stand on top of the channel 6 building and see all of seatle. No realtime reflections? That must be why glass buildings reflect what's around them in real time. Bad textures? That must be why I can see the threads in Delsins cap and individual pebbles in loose gravel. Please dude get bent this game has you so butthurt it's sad.

Yes low LOD. You can't tell any details on the buildings 10 feet from you. It gets blurry as hell. The glass buildings only has a shiny texture on them with prebaked reflections. Do you see Delsin casting any reflections on it or his powers? Stay butthurt. It has no screen space reflections going on at all. Only if you knew a thing or two about graphics. Yes, bad...bad textures. You only have good textures on Delsin, what about the texture on the ground? On the buildings? Ceilings? No SSAO/SSDO. Shame. Have fun trying to reach the level of graphics set by a 2011 game but I can assure you that the tablet CPU and a 570 level GPU from 2010 in 900pStation will never be able to surpass that.

@TheTruthIsREAL said:

@zeeshanhaider: You're more butthurt about this game than Peyton Manning was about the Super Bowl!

900pStation has nothing to make me butthurt. I just love rubbing reality into the faces of sony drones. Welcome to 2010.

topgunmv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#225 topgunmv
Member since 2003 • 10880 Posts

@zeeshanhaider: "Certainly, the game is a visual feast. Similar to Guerrilla Games' latest work, inFamous operates with a materials-based deferred renderer, which not only allows for a multitude of dynamic light-sources, but also lights the scene according to the physical properties of the objects present - for example, reflectivity and the roughness. An energy-conserving model like the one used here treats light as energy, calculating how light spreads across the surface over the material according to its physical properties. The results can be absolutely beautiful to behold - reflections in particular (what looks like an expert blend of pre-baked and full real-time) can look sublime."

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-infamous-second-son-performance-analysis

Other elements contributing to the game's cohesive world include screen-space reflections along with a realistic portrayal of the wetness properties across surface materials

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-vs-infamous-second-son

Perhaps you should refrain from commenting on games you've never played/obviously don't know anything about.

TheTruthIsREAL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226 TheTruthIsREAL
Member since 2013 • 813 Posts

@topgunmv said:

@zeeshanhaider: "Certainly, the game is a visual feast. Similar to Guerrilla Games' latest work, inFamous operates with a materials-based deferred renderer, which not only allows for a multitude of dynamic light-sources, but also lights the scene according to the physical properties of the objects present - for example, reflectivity and the roughness. An energy-conserving model like the one used here treats light as energy, calculating how light spreads across the surface over the material according to its physical properties. The results can be absolutely beautiful to behold - reflections in particular (what looks like an expert blend of pre-baked and full real-time) can look sublime."

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-infamous-second-son-performance-analysis

Other elements contributing to the game's cohesive world include screen-space reflections along with a realistic portrayal of the wetness properties across surface materials

Perhaps you should refrain from commenting on games you've never played/obviously don't know anything about.

He's going to now accuse you of being a butthurt cow who'll bend over for Sony.

SuddenlyTragic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227 SuddenlyTragic
Member since 2005 • 976 Posts

@zeeshanhaider said:

@SuddenlyTragic said:

@zeeshanhaider said:

@SuddenlyTragic said:

Low resolution textures - I beg to differ, as does Digital Foundry's analysis of the game.

Yeah man, the game is around 30fps, not a surprise for a console game of this magnitude running in 1080p. Don't worry, we're all aware that a good enough PC can run any game at 60+fps. Infamous maintains a consistent framerate that never drops to being unplayable so I'm fine with that.

Explain what you mean by non-dynamic reflections? At night the lights of cars and streetlights are shining off of everything around you, including puddles of water on the street. Seems pretty dynamic to me...

And just for the sake of discussion...How much time have you actually spent with this game? Clearly you don't own a PS4 as you've done nothing but bash the console this entire thread and the game has only been out for a week. Sounds like you've just been looking around on the internet and saying "I think my PC games look better."

Nope, they are not dynamic. There are no reflections at all. Just look at the pictures posted in this very thread. The water don't cast any dynamic reflections of the powers just like shadows. All the reflections are prebaked. And it's common knowledge on SW that I don't own consololes. I don't waste my money on outdated crap like the 900pStation and the 720pBox.

I don't need to look at any pictures in this thread. I am playing the game right now. You have never played it. The water on the street and the street itself has reflections coming off of the lights around you, passing cars with their lights on, and when you use your powers. The textures are also incredibly high-res for a console game.

You're making statements that are simply wrong and your credibility is not going to be boosted when all you do is bash consoles and games you don't own and use words like 900pstation (only BF4 runs in that resolution, that's it) and 720pBox.

And once again, I'm a PC gamer as well and own most multi-platform games on PC because I want the best graphics. But this is a First Party real next-gen title and it fucking looks amazing. So much so that I created this thread asking others if they were as blown away as me. As someone who has actually played it along with every PC game you mention, it holds its own against the best out there.

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228  Edited By ReadingRainbow4

@heguain said:

@Cloud_imperium said:

Witcher 2? lol no. That games inconsistent as hell when it comes to it's visuals.

Even from just your screens, just look at this simple ass geometry.

Even the character models are leagues below what Second Son accomplishes, chief example being shirtless geralt.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229  Edited By Cloud_imperium

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@heguain said:

@Cloud_imperium said:

Witcher 2? lol no. That games inconsistent as hell when it comes to it's visuals.

Even the character models are leagues below what Second Son accomplishes, chief example being shirtless geralt.

First Pic shows Asteroids turned into rocks , thrown by a Witch from Kaedwen , so art is perfect . 2nd pic is from early Beta . You are in delusion if you think console game is looking better than a benchmark PC game but then again it is just your opinion and I respect that .

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230  Edited By ReadingRainbow4

@Cloud_imperium said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@heguain said:

@Cloud_imperium said:

First Pic shows Asteroids turned into rocks , thrown by a Witch from Kaedwen , so art is perfect . 2nd pic is from early Beta . You are in delusion if you think console game is looking better than a benchmark PC game but then again it is just your opinion and I respect that .

I'm not interested in your excuses, either post proof or stop spreading bullshit.

TigerSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#231 TigerSuperman
Member since 2013 • 4331 Posts

If you're on acid sure.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232 Cloud_imperium

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@Cloud_imperium said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@heguain said:

@Cloud_imperium said:

I'm not interested in your excuses, either post proof or stop spreading bullshit.

Can't cure your ignorance . Witcher 2 looks by miles better . You can believe whatever you want .

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233 Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

i don't care about the looks i care about how much fun this game is going to be when i finally get around to playing it.

can't wait.

melonfarmerz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#234 melonfarmerz
Member since 2014 • 1294 Posts

@AM-Gamer said:

@melonfarmerz: If you don't think infamous SS is one of the best looking games it's because you haven't played it.

I don't own a PS4 so I can't say I have. I'm not denying that it's top 5. Looking at gameplay, it's really pretty good. However, you can't compare it to Crysis 3. 99% of the posts on this thread would agree with me

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235 Chutebox  Online
Member since 2007 • 50558 Posts

@Riverwolf007 said:

i don't care about the looks i care about how much fun this game is going to be when i finally get around to playing it.

can't wait.

Game is fun as hell bud. Lots of powers with some variety too.

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236  Edited By Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

@Chutebox said:

@Riverwolf007 said:

can't wait.

Game is fun as hell bud. Lots of powers with some variety too.

yeah, my buddy has been talking it up to me every night while we are co-opping through shyt and he is not even a fan of the franchise like i am.

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237 zeeshanhaider

@TheTruthIsREAL said:

@topgunmv said:

He's going to now accuse you of being a butthurt cow who'll bend over for Sony.

May be you should read again. DF is talking about the Physically based rendering. Point to me when did I ever say the game didn't feature the physically based shaders? The dynamic light sources don't cast shadows or reflections. Read the word, pre-baked. Did you miss it? Cry some more. Delsin don't cast any reflections not does his powers. Feel free to prove me wrong.

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238 zeeshanhaider

@SuddenlyTragic said:

@zeeshanhaider said:

@SuddenlyTragic said:

@zeeshanhaider said:

@SuddenlyTragic said:

I don't need to look at any pictures in this thread. I am playing the game right now. You have never played it. The water on the street and the street itself has reflections coming off of the lights around you, passing cars with their lights on, and when you use your powers. The textures are also incredibly high-res for a console game.

You're making statements that are simply wrong and your credibility is not going to be boosted when all you do is bash consoles and games you don't own and use words like 900pstation (only BF4 runs in that resolution, that's it) and 720pBox.

And once again, I'm a PC gamer as well and own most multi-platform games on PC because I want the best graphics. But this is a First Party real next-gen title and it fucking looks amazing. So much so that I created this thread asking others if they were as blown away as me. As someone who has actually played it along with every PC game you mention, it holds its own against the best out there.

That's your opinion only. You can't prove what you say. Feel free to prove me wrong. The game do not feature full realtime screen space reflections, period. The water on the street don't reflect the power or even Delsin himself.

There are three games actually. BF4, Crapzone's MP run in subHD and then the cows crown jewel The Order is 800p and even runs like a slide show. Sorry, every damn 900pStation game suffers from some sort of downgrade like I said before the cheap ass tablet CPU and a 570 level GPU from 2010 of 900pStationcan only do so much. It will never be able to surpass even the standard set by Crysis 2 from 2011 as evident by all 900pStation games released thus far. The so called Next-Gen consololes are too damn weak.

SuddenlyTragic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239 SuddenlyTragic

@melonfarmerz said:

@AM-Gamer said:

I don't own a PS4 so I can't say I have. I'm not denying that it's top 5. Looking at gameplay, it's really pretty good. However, you can't compare it to Crysis 3. 99% of the posts on this thread would agree with me

If you've never played it how can you say you can't compare it to Crysis 3? I own every Crysis game and still would say Infamous overall has more of a wow factor than Crysis 3 did. Crysis 3's graphics are essentially the exact same as Crysis 2's, which are amazing don't get me wrong. Yes Crysis 3 looks very good but Infamous is very much in the same league. Crysis 2 and 3 are incredibly linear when compared to Infamous or the original Crysis, making Infamous look that much better as it's in an open-world environment and still looks this good.

And to those talking about The Witcher 2...Really? It looks pretty good but I was never blown away when playing it, that's for sure.

PinkieWinkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240 PinkieWinkie
Member since 2006 • 1454 Posts

@zeeshanhaider: the order isn't 800p...

SuddenlyTragic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241 SuddenlyTragic

@zeeshanhaider said:

@SuddenlyTragic said:

@zeeshanhaider said:

@SuddenlyTragic said:

@zeeshanhaider said:

@SuddenlyTragic said:

That's your opinion only. You can't prove what you say. Feel free to prove me wrong. The game do not feature full realtime screen space reflections, period. The water on the street don't reflect the power or even Delsin himself.

There are three games actually. BF4, Crapzone's MP run in subHD and then the cows crown jewel The Order is 800p and even runs like a slide show. Sorry, every damn 900pStation game suffers from some sort of downgrade like I said before the cheap ass tablet CPU and a 570 level GPU from 2010 of 900pStationcan only do so much. It will never be able to surpass even the standard set by Crysis 2 from 2011 as evident by all 900pStation games released thus far. The so called Next-Gen consololes are too damn weak.

Three more uses of the word "900pStation" in one post, impressive.

I will repeat myself one more time - powers reflect off the water on the street, I've been playing the game today so have first hand experience. And can you please list some games that reflect the actual character in the water? Apparently it's pretty bad that Infamous doesn't do that, but I don't recall that technology in Crysis...

navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#242 navyguy21
Member since 2003 • 17426 Posts

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@scatteh316 said:

Its not that blurry. Maybe its capturing the motion blur? The game has some great blur effects, maybe thats what you see. 900p isnt that far frm 1080p so it cant be that. Maybe its the AA method they use? I cant tell you from playing it today that it doesnt look blurry at all.

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243  Edited By ReadingRainbow4

@navyguy21 said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@scatteh316 said:

Its not that blurry. Maybe its capturing the motion blur? The game has some great blur effects, maybe thats what you see. 900p isnt that far frm 1080p so it cant be that. Maybe its the AA method they use? I cant tell you from playing it today that it doesnt look blurry at all.

It almost looks like it's using a form of FXAA. Which is known for softening the overall image instead of just the edges.

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#244  Edited By zeeshanhaider

@SuddenlyTragic said:

@zeeshanhaider said:

@SuddenlyTragic said:

@zeeshanhaider said:

@SuddenlyTragic said:

@zeeshanhaider said:

@SuddenlyTragic said:

I will repeat myself one more time - powers reflect off the water on the street, I've been playing the game today so have first hand experience. And can you please list some games that reflect the actual character in the water? Apparently it's pretty bad that Infamous doesn't do that, but I don't recall that technology in Crysis...

Both Crysis 2 and Crysis 3 feature realtime screen space reflections. Go and play Crysis 2 again if you say you are a PC gamer. The Cpeh reflects themselves and not just Ceph, even the paticles are reflected and even cast shadows and they could receive shadows too. Cryengine 3 has been doing it since 2009.

@PinkieWinkie said:

1920x800 = 6.7% more pixels than 900p.

@SuddenlyTragic said:

@melonfarmerz said:

@AM-Gamer said:

If you've never played it how can you say you can't compare it to Crysis 3? I own every Crysis game and still would say Infamous overall has more of a wow factor than Crysis 3 did. Crysis 3's graphics are essentially the exact same as Crysis 2's, which are amazing don't get me wrong. Yes Crysis 3 looks very good but Infamous is very much in the same league. Crysis 2 and 3 are incredibly linear when compared to Infamous or the original Crysis, making Infamous look that much better as it's in an open-world environment and still looks this good.

And to those talking about The Witcher 2...Really? It looks pretty good but I was never blown away when playing it, that's for sure.

And you just thrown your credibility out of the window. You are another one of those sony drones. Infamous isn't even on the Crysis 2 level let alone Crysis 3. Crysis 2 just murders every 900pStation game in pure technical standpoint. Hell even Crysis from 2007 beat every 900pStation game in scale, realtime Physics and foliage. Even DF has said that next-gen consololes would not be able to run Crysis games without compromise. Eat that consololites. Live knowing that your outdated plastic boxes couldn't even outperform a 2011 PC game.

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245 ReadingRainbow4

@zeeshanhaider said:

@SuddenlyTragic said:

@zeeshanhaider said:

@SuddenlyTragic said:

@zeeshanhaider said:

@SuddenlyTragic said:

@zeeshanhaider said:

@SuddenlyTragic said:

Both Crysis 2 and Crysis 3 feature realtime screen space reflections. Go and play Crysis 2 again if you say you are a PC gamer. The Cpeh reflects themselves and not just Ceph, even the paticles are reflected and even cast shadows and they could receive shadows too. Cryengine 3 has been doing it since 2009.

@PinkieWinkie said:

@SuddenlyTragic said:

@melonfarmerz said:

@AM-Gamer said:

And you just thrown your credibility out of the window. You are another one of those sony drones. Infamous isn't even on the Crysis 2 level let alone Crysis 3. Crysis 2 just murders every 900pStation game in pure technical standpoint. Hell even Crysis from 2007 beat every 900pStation game in scale, realtime Physics and foliage. Even DF has said that next-gen consololes would not be able to run Crysis games without compromise. Eat that consololites. Live knowing that your outdated plastic boxes couldn't even outperform a 2011 PC game.

You're past the point of not having any legs to stand on, you're just balancing on stumps now.

I can't believe my favorite platform is something I have to share with people like this.

PinkieWinkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#246  Edited By PinkieWinkie
Member since 2006 • 1454 Posts

@zeeshanhaider: http://tay.kotaku.com/why-the-order-1886-is-1080p-and-not-800p-1518902908

Cry more.

navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#247 navyguy21

@PinkieWinkie said:

@zeeshanhaider: http://tay.kotaku.com/why-the-order-1886-is-1080p-and-not-800p-1518902908

Cry more.

"

In-Depth Explanation:

Ryse runs at a resolution of 1600x900 (which maintains an HDTV's aspect ratio of 1.78:1 - or 16:9). The Order: 1886 will be presented at 1920x800 (which is the CINEMATIC aspect ratio of 2.40:1). At this aspect ratio, you would need a screen resolution of 2592x1080 to avoid the black bars.

Simplistic Explanation:

The game renders an image of 1920x1080, just 280 horizontal lines are black. For comparisons sake, lets use Forza 5, a full 1080p game. Now if were to tape two black rectangles at the top and botton of our TV screens, you would now be seeing Forza 5 in 1920x800. The picture left displayed is still a 1080p image, the only difference is now only 800 horizontal lines of pixels are visible. Resolution is measured in pixel density, and The Order may have a display ratio of 1920x800, but keeps the same pixel density as a 1920x1080 resolution.

How in the world is this allowed to be posted?

Does this mean that Ryse is 1080p? of course not. Displaying black bars dont count in resolution. The game would still be considered 800p. Counting black bars is inaccurate and misleading.

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#248  Edited By I_can_haz
Member since 2013 • 6511 Posts

So many dumb fanboys talking about Infamous in this thread have never played it. A lot probably watched Youtube videos of it and decided to call to jump into SW and start arguing. Most people that have played it agree it's easily the best looking game on consoles right now. Nothing comes close, not KZSF and certainly not Ryse.

navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#249 navyguy21

@I_can_haz said:

So many dumb fanboys talking about Infamous in this thread have never played it. A lot probably watched Youtube videos of it and decided to call to jump into SW and start arguing. Most people that have played it agree it's easily the best looking game on consoles right now. Nothing comes close, not KZSF and certainly not Ryse.

I disagree and i have both. Have you played Ryse or have you just watched videos?

I have all 3 games you mentioned and Ryse easily beats the 2, which KZ being second.

SuddenlyTragic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#250  Edited By SuddenlyTragic

@zeeshanhaider said:

@SuddenlyTragic said:

@zeeshanhaider said:

@SuddenlyTragic said:

@zeeshanhaider said:

@SuddenlyTragic said:

@zeeshanhaider said:

@SuddenlyTragic said:

@PinkieWinkie said:

@SuddenlyTragic said:

@melonfarmerz said:

@AM-Gamer said:

Yep, I'm a Sony drone. I'm lying about being a PC gamer - here's a screenshot of my desktop...