Is Infamous: Second Son the Best Looking Game Ever?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#151 Posted by Motokid6 (5010 posts) -

@zeeshanhaider: You must look really silly when you type. Just be mashin' the h and a keys like your life depends on it.

.. chill.

#152 Posted by Pray_to_me (2735 posts) -

Lol it's funny how all the hermits are like "no PC is teh best" and then they rattle off a list of linear x360 ports lmfao.

#153 Posted by scatteh316 (4732 posts) -

Best looking console game ever? Yes...

Best looking game ever? No...

#154 Posted by MiiiiV (229 posts) -

I'm mostly a pc gamer and I think ISS looks really good but there are pc games that look better of course.
And as many already said, ISS seems to lack dynamic light sources that cast shadows but most games (even pc games) these days don't have that either so it's not a big deal.

#155 Posted by Mozelleple112 (6611 posts) -

@hehe101 said:

Ryse>

But sandbox I agree it beats AC4

Infamous: SS > KZ4:SF > Ryse

#156 Posted by melonfarmerz (1004 posts) -

@AM-Gamer: if you believe console has superior graphics, it's very hard to believe you have a PC

#157 Posted by heguain (312 posts) -

I think AC4 on ultra settings looks better than infamous SS.

#158 Posted by kinectthedots (1484 posts) -

@heguain said:

what are your specs

#159 Posted by heguain (312 posts) -

@heguain said:

what are your specs

It's funny my specs aren't much, but here they are:

7850 2gb OC (I'll buy another one or just buy new one later), 4gb ram, i5 4430. How many fraps? more like +40 fps :)

#160 Posted by melonfarmerz (1004 posts) -

@AM-Gamer said:

@melonfarmerz: Metro doesn't beat it not even close and Crysis 3 is debatable.

Crysis 3 is not debatable. Metro is debatable.

#161 Posted by GoldenElementXL (2564 posts) -

Crysis 3 is still king by a long shot.

#162 Posted by kinectthedots (1484 posts) -

I would say that Crysis 3 max on high end PC is better.

That said, it's amazing that an open wold $400 console exclusive manages to rank that high.

#163 Posted by Stringerboy (6887 posts) -

Erm isn't Ground Zeroes the best looking console game?

#164 Edited by CRIMSONXX (10 posts) -

No just no the art style looks good but it doesn't look as good compare to games out there it seems to me people are exaggerating the graphics.

#165 Edited by zeeshanhaider (2207 posts) -

@zeeshanhaider: Well as you can see, I've been a member since 2005, I'm not just some random poster. I'm the farthest thing from a Sony drone, I only own a PS4 because they happened to be in stock at my local Best Buy a few weeks after it came out and I like to have the newest thing.

I've been building PC's since the early 2000's and if there's any console I've been loyal to in the past it's the Xbox. I'm just calling the game for what it is, a gorgeous next-gen game that has wowed me since I put in the disc. I just don't understand how you can say games like Sleeping Dogs looks better when it seems very evident that you've never even played Infamous when you make claims such as the game has "no shadows."

I'm not a fanboy of any kind, I'm just a gamer. I have a 360, PS3, PS4, and a gaming PC. So there you go. I'm just calling it how I see it and everyone who has actually played the game seems to agree with me. There's another thread going on about how Digital Foundry is also praising the game for the same reasons I am.

I can respect your opinion if you think it looks gorgeous which it does no doubt. However the game doesn't have dynamic shadows most of the time at all and when it does there's only one light source that is casting them. All the cool lighting you see....well....no shadows are casted from it. Feel free to prove me otherwise.

Besides, I already said that the game still suffers from low draw distance, low resolution textures, low framerate, the reflections are not dynamic at all. You can see the pics posted in this very thread to confirm this. Neither is the weather. No day/night cycle. The only thing going for it is its lighting and that's that but what good is lighting if it is not effecting the environment in any meaningful way, it only lit the scene and fill it with colors. Sleeping Dogs butchers it in all the said areas.

#166 Posted by zeeshanhaider (2207 posts) -

@Motokid6 said:

@zeeshanhaider: You must look really silly when you type. Just be mashin' the h and a keys like your life depends on it.

.. chill.

I take it that you don't know the history of it. Let's just say tormentos love it. :D

#167 Posted by murray69murray (126 posts) -

Crysis 3 looks better.

#168 Posted by jun_aka_pekto (15736 posts) -

From my experience with graphics wars here, every so-called graphics kings have flaws which result in overlaps with other contenders. Some have less flaws than others. I found it simpler to stick with either a Yea or Nay. Infamous: Second son would definitely be a Yea in my book.

#169 Edited by SummerParadise (160 posts) -

@hehe101 said:

Ryse>

You wrong:

InFamous:

Ryse:

#170 Posted by SummerParadise (160 posts) -

BEST LOOKING GAME EVER?

#171 Posted by Messiahbolical- (5535 posts) -

It's the best looking open world game ever made, that's indisputable. And easily in the top 5 best looking games overall, possibly #1 or #2. Killzone Shadowfall and Crysis 1 are it's only real competition for the #1 spot.

#172 Edited by jake44 (1901 posts) -

No, it's not the best looking game ever...it is impressive though. I'm having a blast with it.

#173 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (12784 posts) -

Gawd infamous just shits all over Ryse.

@summerparadise said:

@Mozelleple112 said:

@hehe101 said:

Ryse>

You wrong:

InFamous:

Ryse:

Gawd infamous just shits all over Ryse of fog.

#174 Edited by m3dude1 (823 posts) -

@zeeshanhaider said:

@SuddenlyTragic said:

@zeeshanhaider: Well as you can see, I've been a member since 2005, I'm not just some random poster. I'm the farthest thing from a Sony drone, I only own a PS4 because they happened to be in stock at my local Best Buy a few weeks after it came out and I like to have the newest thing.

I've been building PC's since the early 2000's and if there's any console I've been loyal to in the past it's the Xbox. I'm just calling the game for what it is, a gorgeous next-gen game that has wowed me since I put in the disc. I just don't understand how you can say games like Sleeping Dogs looks better when it seems very evident that you've never even played Infamous when you make claims such as the game has "no shadows."

I'm not a fanboy of any kind, I'm just a gamer. I have a 360, PS3, PS4, and a gaming PC. So there you go. I'm just calling it how I see it and everyone who has actually played the game seems to agree with me. There's another thread going on about how Digital Foundry is also praising the game for the same reasons I am.

I can respect your opinion if you think it looks gorgeous which it does no doubt. However the game doesn't have dynamic shadows most of the time at all and when it does there's only one light source that is casting them. All the cool lighting you see....well....no shadows are casted from it. Feel free to prove me otherwise.

Besides, I already said that the game still suffers from low draw distance, low resolution textures, low framerate, the reflections are not dynamic at all. You can see the pics posted in this very thread to confirm this. Neither is the weather. No day/night cycle. The only thing going for it is its lighting and that's that but what good is lighting if it is not effecting the environment in any meaningful way, it only lit the scene and fill it with colors. Sleeping Dogs butchers it in all the said areas.

http://i.imgur.com/XHzYCaq.jpg

Yep, you just described pc graphics in a nutshell unless the game environment is simply a small square room. the only game which features real time reflections like infamous is crysis 2/3, but thats mostly limited to tiny 10x10 boxed corridors. lets not even talk about low draw distance. crysis 2/3 levels are miniscule and bf4 has the worst most obvious lod ive seen in a game in years. Oh and then you get the lovely screen full of z fighting straight from ps1 games. YAY pc graphics!!!

#175 Posted by topgunmv (10053 posts) -

@zeeshanhaider: What do you mean when you say the reflections aren't dynamic?

#176 Posted by SuddenlyTragic (715 posts) -

@SuddenlyTragic said:

Yeah, there is only one light source...The sun.

Low resolution textures - I beg to differ, as does Digital Foundry's analysis of the game.

Yeah man, the game is around 30fps, not a surprise for a console game of this magnitude running in 1080p. Don't worry, we're all aware that a good enough PC can run any game at 60+fps. Infamous maintains a consistent framerate that never drops to being unplayable so I'm fine with that.

Explain what you mean by non-dynamic reflections? At night the lights of cars and streetlights are shining off of everything around you, including puddles of water on the street. Seems pretty dynamic to me...

And just for the sake of discussion...How much time have you actually spent with this game? Clearly you don't own a PS4 as you've done nothing but bash the console this entire thread and the game has only been out for a week. Sounds like you've just been looking around on the internet and saying "I think my PC games look better."

#177 Edited by Pray_to_me (2735 posts) -

People trying to bring Ryse into the conversation it's like: are you smoking fucking crack?

A 900P fog covered closed world vs a 1080P open world? A real open world game too not pseudo open world like Crysis1. Not some bullshit uplayable mod that needs duel $1000 gpus just to hit 10Fps. That makes infamous ss graphics king if you want to talk about unplayable tech demos than Avatar still holds the crown.

get duked

#178 Edited by Sithmaster-Jase (13 posts) -

Infamous second son best looking game ever? How do I say this gently....Hell NO it is not. Compare it to games like Crysis 3, Killzone SF, Titanfall, Battlefield 4 hell even Tomb raider the definitive edition. Infamous second son comes up short.

In all fairness there are a few nice effects here and there like particles and water reflections but aside from that it's an ok looking game. I honestly was Unimpressed by its visuals

#179 Edited by 777Hedonist7666 (30 posts) -

Once again. Infamous isn't the best looking open world game let alone graphics king. Modded GTA 4 takes the cake- almost photo-realistic and no you dont need two 1000 $ GPUS, my GTX 660 works just fine albeit not at 60 FPS using a serious Icenhancer ENB. Modded Skyrim is also definetely better looking and, arguably, modded New Vegas too. So those are the open world games on the PC that are better looking. Even vanilla Sleeping Dogs on PC is right up there but I'll give it to Infamous on that one...

It goes without saying and I wont even debate that Crysis 3 on ultra is visually superior and the undisputed graphics king across all platforms.

#180 Posted by Pray_to_me (2735 posts) -

Once again. Infamous isn't the best looking open world game let alone graphics king. Modded GTA 4 takes the cake- almost photo-realistic and no you dont need two 1000 $ GPUS, my GTX 660 works just fine albeit not at 60 FPS using a serious Icenhancer ENB. Modded Skyrim is also definetely better looking and, arguably, modded New Vegas too. So those are the open world games on the PC that are better looking Even vanilla Sleeping Dogs on PC is right up there but I'll give it to Infamous on that one...

It goes without saying and I wont even debate that Crysis 3 on ultra is visually superior and the undisputed graphics king across all platforms.

lolz 360 port

#181 Posted by Sithmaster-Jase (13 posts) -

It baffles me how people can say it looks better then games like Ryse, Killzone SF. Again, it's an ok looking game. By no means an ugly game but not all that great looking either. I was quite underwhelmed by its graphics.

#182 Posted by lbjkurono23 (12544 posts) -

The best looking game I've seen this gen. Really fun too.

#183 Edited by I_can_haz (6452 posts) -

@Sithmaster-Jase said:

Infamous second son best looking game ever? How do I say this gently....Hell NO it is not. Compare it to games like Crysis 3, Killzone SF, Titanfall, Battlefield 4 hell even Tomb raider the definitive edition. Infamous second son comes up short.

In all fairness there are a few nice effects here and there like particles and water reflections but aside from that it's an ok looking game. I honestly was Unimpressed by its visuals

Did you just compare Titanshit to Infamous SS visuals? WTF are you smoking? In what universe does Titanfall looks better than Infamous? Even the PC version that I played looks like shit next to Infamous. Seriously, I can already tell you've probably never played Infamous and are judging it based on Youtube videos. Titanfall (lollololol) is one of the worst looking "nextgen" games I've ever played. Infamous SS even takes a dump over Tomb Raider DE which I own. The only game you listed that looks better is Crysis 3.

#184 Posted by navyguy21 (12686 posts) -

People trying to bring Ryse into the conversation it's like: are you smoking fucking crack?

A 900P fog covered closed world vs a 1080P open world? A real open world game too not pseudo open world like Crysis1. Not some bullshit uplayable mod that needs duel $1000 gpus just to hit 10Fps. That makes infamous ss graphics king if you want to talk about unplayable tech demos than Avatar still holds the crown.

t duked

1. Funny that didnt matter last gen when cows called GOW3 and UC2 graphics kings even though they are extremely linear.

2. I have both and i think Ryse is easily better looking than Infamous, regardless of open world.

3. There are games coming to both that beat those games easily so why argue of launch window graphics?

#185 Posted by Sithmaster-Jase (13 posts) -

You can already tell I have not played infamous? Hmm ok if you say so. Thing is I Have played it. From a gameplay perspective it's fun and a good game. But yes I stand by what I said about Titanfall. Opinions are subjective, deal with it. Infamous second sons graphics are Very underwhelming to me.

#186 Posted by Sithmaster-Jase (13 posts) -

@navyguy21 I agree. Ryse is deffinately better looking then Infamous SS.

#187 Edited by I_can_haz (6452 posts) -

@Sithmaster-Jase said:

You can already tell I have not played infamous? Hmm ok if you say so. Thing is I Have played it. From a gameplay perspective it's fun and a good game. But yes I stand by what I said about Titanfall. Opinions are subjective, deal with it. Infamous second sons graphics are Very underwhelming to me.

LOL, not in this case they aren't. Titanfall looks mediocre and it's pretty much a fact. You can be underwhelmed by Infamous but to say that Titanfall looks better technically is factually wrong. The game looks like a turd even on max settings.

#188 Edited by Sithmaster-Jase (13 posts) -

When did I say "technically" it looks better or worse. I didn't. But your opinion Isn't a "fact" any more then mine is. It's all just opinion, and mine still stands that Infamous was Very much a disappointment in the looks department. I didn't say it was ugly but it is not much of a stunner either to me.

#189 Edited by jun_aka_pekto (15736 posts) -

As a weather guy, I love this. Niiice. Very good representation of Seattle on a dreary day. It could also be at the Central California coast during summer (marine layer fog and stratus clouds).

Edit:

Pretty accurate. If it's raining, it means there's atmospheric instability which could force the clouds to rise higher. Once high pressure settles back in (no more rain; sinking air), then the clouds sink and become the thick fog. That's the way it works with the marine layer along the US west coast.

#190 Posted by m3dude1 (823 posts) -

http://i.imgur.com/XHzYCaq.jpg

PC graphics king LOL

#191 Posted by Rage010101 (5470 posts) -

lol no

#192 Posted by Flubbbs (2796 posts) -

the attention to detail in Second Son is amazing

#193 Posted by ReadingRainbow4 (12784 posts) -

@Flubbbs said:

the attention to detail in Second Son is amazing

I can't wait to see what a next gen souls game is like.

#194 Edited by Mozelleple112 (6611 posts) -

@Mozelleple112 said:

@hehe101 said:

Ryse>

You wrong:

InFamous:

Ryse:

First you say I am wrong then you post 4 pictures that each prove that I'm right... I'm confused, which one is it?

#195 Posted by j2zon2591 (2234 posts) -

Looks good and clean..

Game seems somewhat barren tho.. haven't really played it myself.

IDK of some gaf shots are fake but some look really good.

#196 Posted by xhawk27 (7074 posts) -

Not even close. All you Cow turds said Killzone was the best looking game ever, now this. No it is still Ryse!

#197 Posted by OhSnapitz (17924 posts) -

Pretty damn good looking game.. but it ain't THAT good.

#198 Posted by lundy86_4 (42622 posts) -

Hungry Hippos looks better...

I'mma pick this up next week or so.

#199 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38151 posts) -

Best looking console game I've seen anyway. Very impressed by it.

#200 Posted by j2zon2591 (2234 posts) -

Ryse's cutscenes look better to me but I heard those aren't real time rendered?

I'm at 4 feet away from the monitor and the lower res of Ryse kinda hurts the overall image quality.

Still love CryEngine's Ryse vegetation :)