How did Forza 5 outscore Gran Turismo 6 again? *UPDATED*

This topic is locked from further discussion.

John_Matherson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#301  Edited By John_Matherson
Member since 2013 • 2085 Posts

@TheEroica said:
Loading Video...

GTSux... make a thread comparing conspiracy theories when the game your defending puts up against the competition.

Oh Gee thanks for the contribution...what would we have done without you in this thread...

And GT6 shits on Forza 5 hands down period. But this is all completely irrelevant to that some douchebag noob game reviewer is smiling with an extra paycheck from Microsoft now...All is done. : )

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#302 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49568 Posts

@John_Matherson said:

OK...I've already addressed pretty much everything you just said in this thread so don't really feel like going over it again. I've gotten my point across and you have your viewpoint. This is all starting to become a much ado about nothing sort of scenario. I hate having to go over things I've already gone over.

Do you not want discussion regarding the subject? Were you not so keen to froth at the issue in the thread, yet when I ask for clarification and elaboration into your commentary and proof of your knowledge with both games... you walk away? Quite convenient, indeed.

jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#303  Edited By jsmoke03
Member since 2004 • 13717 Posts

@John_Matherson said:

@jsmoke03 said:

because forza looks prettier, easier to drive, has more features like rewind button, a lot of fast cars...thats why.

oh and reviewers arent that good with racing games....

Forza does not have more features than GT6. Don't even...

1. It's supposed to look prettier...it better look prettier

2. Easier to drive...subject...GT6 is said to have the best driving physics till date

3. GT6 has shit tons more cars...

It's either your post is supposed to be either sarcastic or ironic or idk what to tell you : /

lol you cant tell? i think forza has always been the more inferior game. its easier to drive, has a lot of bells and whistles like rewinding time, custom paint jobs, and their car selection is more towards faster cars....but imo, its too easy of a game so thats why it scores better.

gran turismo is a grind fest with no real point....but what it does do is provide better driving than forza

John_Matherson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#304  Edited By John_Matherson

@Stevo_the_gamer said:

@John_Matherson said:

OK...I've already addressed pretty much everything you just said in this thread so don't really feel like going over it again. I've gotten my point across and you have your viewpoint. This is all starting to become a much ado about nothing sort of scenario. I hate having to go over things I've already gone over.

Do you not want discussion regarding the subject? Were you not so keen to froth at the issue in the thread, yet when I ask for clarification and elaboration into your commentary and proof of your knowledge with both games... you walk away? Quite convenient, indeed.

Proof of my knowledge as I've already addressed comes from my research and the fact that I spent hours creating both hypethreads...And also I did give you feedback and said I don't need to play the game to see certain aspects of the game. I actually said in the previous pages and multiple times that there are things you need to play a game to see and things you just don't need to play to see. I used how everyone knew Ryse' gameplay looked like shit (and Knack's) wayy before both games released, and I didnt' actually run my conclusion on this portion because it was subjective, which was why I said the only things you actually need to play the games to see are the physics/controls which are already subjective to begin with. The OP isn't addressing the games I don't know many times I have to say this. It's addressing the shadiness of the reviews of the games. So, I've already gone over everything you're asking with you or other people. I'm not going to run circles.

Avatar image for StrongBlackVine
StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#305 StrongBlackVine
Member since 2012 • 13262 Posts

Forza has always been overrated. Now the scores match the sales. Order is restored.

Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#307 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator

@John_Matherson said:

Proof of my knowledge as I've already addressed comes from my research and the fact that I spent hours creating both hypethreads...And also I did give you feedback and said I don't need to play the game to see certain aspects of the game. I actually said in the previous pages and multiple times that there are things you need to play a game to see and things you just don't need to play to see. I used how everyone knew Ryse' gameplay looked like shit (and Knack's) wayy before both games released, and I didnt' actually run my conclusion on this portion because it was subjective, which was why I said the only things you actually need to play the games to see are the physics/controls which are already subjective to begin with. The OP isn't addressing the games I don't know many times I have to say this. It's addressing the shadiness of the reviews of the games. So, I've already gone over everything you're asking with other people. I'm not going to run circles.

Reading about a game is not the same as playing the game--how keen are you in the consistently of the graphics, the audio, multiplayer, or the AI in the game itself? You know, the aspects the review critiqued the game for? You're not. I'm not. How can you critique the reviewer in his wording when you know not the context in which is written? When I critiqued Kevin V's Mass Effect review, along with others, he eventually came out and agreed his wording in that instance I quoted was poor but it needed not be updated because it wasn't factually incorrect, and at that time Gamespot didn't update such unless it was grievous errors.

You're addressing the reviews, and your premise rests on both being wrong, wrong to the point of being "biased and paid for." A pretty serious conviction to hold. Yet the foundation to call Gamespot out on that is shaky, or non-existent, as you have no experience in the matter at all--which begs the question, why are you emotionally invested into a piece of plastic that you have not played? Is it because you call yourself a Sony fanboy and thus the lens that you look through are heavily clouded?

Avatar image for TorqueHappens08
TorqueHappens08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#308  Edited By TorqueHappens08
Member since 2008 • 1363 Posts

@jsmoke03 said:

@John_Matherson said:

@jsmoke03 said:

because forza looks prettier, easier to drive, has more features like rewind button, a lot of fast cars...thats why.

2. Easier to drive...subject...GT6 is said to have the best driving physics till date

It's either your post is supposed to be either sarcastic or ironic or idk what to tell you : /

lol you cant tell? i think forza has always been the more inferior game. its easier to drive, has a lot of bells and whistles like rewinding time, custom paint jobs, and their car selection is more towards faster cars....but imo, its too easy of a game so thats why it scores better.

gran turismo is a grind fest with no real point....but what it does do is provide better driving than forza

Was, was a grind fest, until update 1.02, you can now, earn 4 million$ in the seasonal events and missions races, also login bonuses are back, which bring even more money, and cash payouts for all events got a generous boost, so instead of getting 5900$ for a race in IA you now get 20.000 for one race. they literally fixed everything.

and yea i agree with you, the physics are crazy, it's very hard to drive at or near the limit with out spinning out, even in a slower car, it's a massive challenge where as GT5 was a cake walk. GT6 in terms of driving physics, is really awful close to GTR2, they nearly feel the same when using the same cars for comparison.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#309  Edited By TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22685 Posts

@John_Matherson said:

@TheEroica said:

GTSux... make a thread comparing conspiracy theories when the game your defending puts up against the competition.

Oh Gee thanks for the contribution...what would we have done without you in this thread...

And GT6 shits on Forza 5 hands down period. But this is all completely irrelevant to that some douchebag noob game reviewer is smiling with an extra paycheck from Microsoft now...All is done. : )

Forza 1-5, including Horizon has made the GT franchise it's personal bitch for a decade and it's all been glorious... The fact someone's gone mental about conspiracy theories surrounding the reviews is just icing on the cake.

Gran Borismo falls behind yet again...
Gran Borismo falls behind yet again...

MMmmmmm.... Dat Forza 5. 9.0AAAE megaton.

Drive club is still nowhere to be found :/

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#310 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29825 Posts

@John_Matherson said:

@Stevo_the_gamer said:

@John_Matherson said:

Proof of my knowledge as I've already addressed comes from my research and the fact that I spent hours creating both hypethreads...And also I did give you feedback and said I don't need to play the game to see certain aspects of the game. I actually said in the previous pages and multiple times that there are things you need to play a game to see and things you just don't need to play to see. I used how everyone knew Ryse' gameplay looked like shit (and Knack's) wayy before both games released, and I didnt' actually run my conclusion on this portion because it was subjective, which was why I said the only things you actually need to play the games to see are the physics/controls which are already subjective to begin with. The OP isn't addressing the games I don't know many times I have to say this. It's addressing the shadiness of the reviews of the games. So, I've already gone over everything you're asking with you or other people. I'm not going to run circles.

Why would you spend hours creating an internet forum thread? That's really pathetic.

no-scope-AK47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#311 no-scope-AK47
Member since 2012 • 3755 Posts

You can make 3 Forza 5 games out of the cars and tracks in GT6. In GT6 more cars are coming and tracks. Two racing games one has better graphics/AI and the other has everything else in spades. Yet the game with less than a 1/3 of the content and features scores a 9 and cost the same price as GT6.

You also have to spend 500 bucks plus tax and 60 bucks on live gold to play Forza 5. Also your wheel from the 360 does not work on the x1 so you have to buy that also to get the complete racing experience. I would have to take value into account here as Forza 5 sucks balls on that point. I have played the game in the store and Laguna Seca is missing the red apex markers also some track side details so I call bullshit on the laser scanning.

John_Matherson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#312  Edited By John_Matherson

@clone01 said:

@John_Matherson said:

@Stevo_the_gamer said:

@John_Matherson said:

Why would you spend hours creating an internet forum thread? That's really pathetic.

You'll say this, and I'll say that, and you''ll say this, and I'll say that...Clone, this is getting old. You're a joke to me. Shut up and go away.

@Stevo_the_gamer said:

@John_Matherson said:

Proof of my knowledge as I've already addressed comes from my research and the fact that I spent hours creating both hypethreads...And also I did give you feedback and said I don't need to play the game to see certain aspects of the game. I actually said in the previous pages and multiple times that there are things you need to play a game to see and things you just don't need to play to see. I used how everyone knew Ryse' gameplay looked like shit (and Knack's) wayy before both games released, and I didnt' actually run my conclusion on this portion because it was subjective, which was why I said the only things you actually need to play the games to see are the physics/controls which are already subjective to begin with. The OP isn't addressing the games I don't know many times I have to say this. It's addressing the shadiness of the reviews of the games. So, I've already gone over everything you're asking with other people. I'm not going to run circles.

Reading about a game is not the same as playing the game--how keen are you in the consistently of the graphics, the audio, multiplayer, or the AI in the game itself? You know, the aspects the review critiqued the game for? You're not. I'm not. How can you critique the reviewer in his wording when you know not the context in which is written? When I critiqued Kevin V's Mass Effect review, along with others, he eventually came out and agreed his wording in that instance I quoted was poor but it needed not be updated because it wasn't factually incorrect, and at that time Gamespot didn't update such unless it was grievous errors.

You're addressing the reviews, and your premise rests on both being wrong, wrong to the point of being "biased and paid for." A pretty serious conviction to hold. Yet the foundation to call Gamespot out on that is shaky, or non-existent, as you have no experience in the matter at all--which begs the question, why are you emotionally invested into a piece of plastic that you have not played? Is it because you call yourself a Sony fanboy and thus the lens that you look through are heavily clouded?

So...circles? Everything you're asking me to address such as AI and gameplay, I did acknowledge and specifically avoided and still managed to make my point. Everything I used to base this thread on, since you're saying my theory has a shaky-to-none foundation, are based on actual non subjective factual characteristics of both games. I specifically avoided things like physics, controls, because you actually have to play the game to draw your own opinion on these...I don't have to have played it...and see you're asking a question I already answered...again. "why are you emotionally invested into a piece of plastic that you have not played?" I already said I only noticed and suspected the review because I know what both games feature due to making the hype threads, thus when I read the reviews it seemed really off so I went digging. And don't bring up the "sony fanboy lens". It's not going to do anything. If you think I don't know how or when to take of the fanboy lenses then you don't deserve to have me respond to you at all.

@TorqueHappens08 said:

@jsmoke03 said:

@John_Matherson said:

@jsmoke03 said:

Was, was a grind fest, until update 1.02, you can now, earn 4 million$ in the seasonal events and missions races, also login bonuses are back, which bring even more money, and cash payouts for all events got a generous boost, so instead of getting 5900$ for a race in IA you now get 20.000 for one race. they literally fixed everything.

and yea i agree with you, the physics are crazy, it's very hard to drive at or near the limit with out spinning out, even in a slower car, it's a massive challenge where as GT5 was a cake walk. GT6 in terms of driving physics, is really awful close to GTR2, they nearly feel the same when using the same cars for comparison.

The bottomline is that GT6 pretty much thought of everything, and anything it missed can be fixed with minor updates...The game absolutely shatters any fucking standards in terms of hardware pushing and this isn't even commended in the so called review, while Forza is praised for having better graphics than it's competition. "Hey, your 25 year old son is really really strong. Wow he literally just beat up a baby. You should've seen it. He's so strong." Again, the question is still not answered. Since when do we praise games for doing things they're supposed to do?

@no-scope-AK47 said:

You can make 3 Forza 5 games out of the cars and tracks in GT6. In GT6 more cars are coming and tracks. Two racing games one has better graphics/AI and the other has everything else in spades. Yet the game with less than a 1/3 of the content and features scores a 9 and cost the same price as GT6.

You also have to spend 500 bucks plus tax and 60 bucks on live gold to play Forza 5. Also your wheel from the 360 does not work on the x1 so you have to buy that also to get the complete racing experience. I would have to take value into account here as Forza 5 sucks balls on that point. I have played the game in the store and Laguna Seca is missing the red apex markers also some track side details so I call bullshit on the laser scanning.

Everything you listed here, no-scope, are things that should be in the review but somehow managed to be missed. It's like they went out of their way to mention this. GS needs to learn how to review games.

Not just me...a shit ton of people have stopped looking to this site for reviews. Microspot has become a joke.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#313  Edited By lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@John_Matherson said:

@clone01 said:

@John_Matherson said:

@Stevo_the_gamer said:

@John_Matherson said:

You'll say this, and I'll say that, and you''ll say this, and I'll say that...Clone, this is getting old. You're a joke to me. Shut up and go away.

@Stevo_the_gamer said:

@John_Matherson said:

So...circles? Everything you're asking me to address such as AI and gameplay, I did address and specifically avoided and still managed to make my point. Everything I used to base this thread on, since you're saying my theory has a shaky-to-none foundation, are based on actual non subjective factual characteristics of both games. I specifically avoided things like physics, controls, because you actually have to play the game to draw your own opinion on these...I don't have to have played it...and see you're asking a question I already answered...again. "why are you emotionally invested into a piece of plastic that you have not played?" I already said I only noticed and suspected the review because I know what both games feature due to making the hype threads, thus when I read the reviews it seemed really off so I went digging. And don't bring up the "sony fanboy lens". It's not going to do anything. If you think I don't know how or when to take of the fanboy lenses then you don't deserve to have me respond to you at all.

@TorqueHappens08 said:

@jsmoke03 said:

@John_Matherson said:

@jsmoke03 said:

The bottomline is that GT6 pretty much thought of everything, and anything it missed can be fixed with minor updates...The game absolutely shatters any fucking standards in terms of hardware pushing and this isn't even commended in the so called review, while Forza is praised for having better graphics than it's competition. "Hey, your 25 year old son is really really strong. Wow he literally just beat up a baby. You should've seen it. He's so strong." Again, the question is still not answered. Since when do we praise games for doing things they're supposed to do?

@no-scope-AK47 said:

Everything you listed here, no-scope, are things that should be in the review but somehow managed to be missed. It's like they went out of their way to mention this. GS needs to learn how to review games.

Not just me...a shit ton of people have stopped looking to this site for reviews. Microspot has become a joke.

tl;dr

It just keeps getting worse and worse

John_Matherson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#314 John_Matherson

thanks for stopping by rib tips

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#315  Edited By lostrib

@John_Matherson said:

thanks for stopping by rib tips

who are you talking to?

the_bi99man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#316 the_bi99man
Member since 2004 • 11465 Posts

This is still going on?

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#317 lostrib

@the_bi99man said:

This is still going on?

unfortunately

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#318  Edited By DarkLink77
Member since 2004 • 32731 Posts

@John_Matherson said:

@blackace said:

@justw8_n_c said:

@blackace said:

Wow, butthurt cows are still keeping this delusion thread alive. Too funny. John, do us all a favor and stick to "hype threads". That's you're bread and butter.

No offense, but I often find myself wondering if I vastly overestimate the intelligence and age of most of you. Seriously.

The intelligence level on here for most cows is about 7yrs. Their loyality and devoted religious bowing to a piece of plastic is the funniest thing I've seen on any forum. When their games fail and flopped, they will bend over backwards and try to find any source to prove them to be right. lmao!! Poo sad little cows. They should have just let this go a long time ago. Cows are an embarrassment to system wars. What little respect they still had, has long been destroyed.

The intelligence level of fanboys pretending to be manticores who seriously think they have everyone fooled is about that of a 3 year old. Blackace anyone with half a brain knows not to take anything you say into substantial context, you're the biggest joke in this place and it's funnier cause you don't realize it. And once again, change your stupid fcking inappropriate profile picture. It bothers a lot of people.

@DarkLink77 said:

@John_Matherson said:

Look, at the end of the day, the point is that the review for GT6 is complete bullshit and the review for Forza 5 you guys have to defend. In reality and objectively anyone with half a brain without even playing the game (So don't give me that shit) can see that Gran Turismo (forget content, forget graphics) is a solid and well made, well executed, well assembled, and overall just solid package.

Oh and in the GT6 review, they compare it to rivals, but in the Forza one, they don't compare it to rivals at all. They completely ignore the MIcrotransaction issue, and don't even mention how the short list of tracks eventually affects the game and makes it dated. So it's okay to hold a 7th gen game to higher standards than an 8th gen game? The forza 5 review doesn't look like a review at all. Seriously go read it. It looks like a brochure. The idiot drools all over the game like a kissass worker kissing the ass of his boss to get a raise. He literally advertises the game and makes excuses for it. THERE'S NOTHING FUCKING OBJECTIVE ABOUT THE REVIEW AT ALL SO DON'T GIVE ME THAT SHIT! If you think there is you're a really big hypocrite and you're a liar. I'm not the only one saying GS has a boner for the game. I went the extra mile and did research as if spending fucking hours creating the hype thread for both games wasn't already objective of me enough, I made a table that pointed all the important dynamics and aspects of both games so don't tell me I wasn't objective enough. You're saying I already had preconceived notions, when the truth is that I only noticed that the reviews are bullshit because I already knew a shit ton about both games before they came out. I researched both games. I know more about the games than the fucking reviewer that reviewed Forza if I dare to say. He totally drolled over the game and advertised it. That's not an objective review. You can't tell me it is. He makes excuses for the game and ignores the major fact that the game is deficit of content to make for future microtransactions. Many other reviewers mentioned that the game constantly encourages and reminds you to spend more money, he completely ignores this side of the game. It's bullshit. It's no objective and you know it.

Yo, I don't have a dog in this fight. Racing sims are boring. That said, this is the stupidest fucking thing I have ever read on this forum, and that is no small feat.

The idea that someone can judge a game objectively without even playing it is beyond asinine. It's ridiculous. How are you going to judge it objectively? Videos? By reading someone else's opinion? And you're going to be completely objective about every aspect of an incredibly complex production without having any experience with it yourself?

Are you fucking kidding me? How stupid are you?

How stupid am I? How stupid are you that you're so caught up in joining the crowd and oppposing everything I say that you're trying to deny that you don't have to play the stupid game to see which one is bigger, better, overall more valuable package? The only thing you need to actually play the game to judge are the physics and the controls and the driving experience itself and these are all subjective. The points made in my OP have objective facts and subjective conclusions. You don't get to ignore everything and spend days trying to defend a stupid paid advertisement excuse for a game review just because you have a problem with me.

Nah, I really don't have an opinion on you one way or another. What you said was just dumb. You don't have to play the game to see which one is the better package? Lol. What a joke.

John_Matherson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#319 John_Matherson

@DarkLink77 said:

@John_Matherson said:

@blackace said:

The intelligence level on here for most cows is about 7yrs. Their loyality and devoted religious bowing to a piece of plastic is the funniest thing I've seen on any forum. When their games fail and flopped, they will bend over backwards and try to find any source to prove them to be right. lmao!! Poo sad little cows. They should have just let this go a long time ago. Cows are an embarrassment to system wars. What little respect they still had, has long been destroyed.

The intelligence level of fanboys pretending to be manticores who seriously think they have everyone fooled is about that of a 3 year old. Blackace anyone with half a brain knows not to take anything you say into substantial context, you're the biggest joke in this place and it's funnier cause you don't realize it. And once again, change your stupid fcking inappropriate profile picture. It bothers a lot of people.

How stupid am I? How stupid are you that you're so caught up in joining the crowd and oppposing everything I say that you're trying to deny that you don't have to play the stupid game to see which one is bigger, better, overall more valuable package? The only thing you need to actually play the game to judge are the physics and the controls and the driving experience itself and these are all subjective. The points made in my OP have objective facts and subjective conclusions. You don't get to ignore everything and spend days trying to defend a stupid paid advertisement excuse for a game review just because you have a problem with me.

Nah, I really don't have an opinion on you one way or another. What you said was just dumb. You don't have to play the game to see which one is the better package? Lol. What a joke.

YOU DON'T HAVE TO PLAY A GAME TO SEE WHICH IS THE BIGGER, BETTER, OVERALL MORE VALUABLE PACKAGE. THERE'S ENOUGH CONTENT IN GT6 TO MAKE AT LEAST 3 FORZA 5s IT'S A NO BRAINER AND YOU HAVE TO BE A BLIND FANBOY TO THINK OTHERWISE.

Pretty ironic for someone pretending to be a manticore...

LMAOOO!!! All you so called manticores are hilarious. You guys are manticores like Dr. Pepper is a Doctor. LMAO!

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#320 DarkLink77

@John_Matherson said:

@DarkLink77 said:

@John_Matherson said:

@blackace said:

YOU DON'T HAVE TO PLAY A GAME TO SEE WHICH IS THE BIGGER, BETTER, OVERALL MORE VALUABLE PACKAGE. THERE'S ENOUGH CONTENT IN GT6 TO MAKE AT LEAST 3 FORZA 5s IT'S A NO BRAINER AND YOU HAVE TO BE A BLIND FANBOY TO THINK OTHERWISE.

LMAOOO!!! All you so called manticores are hilarious. You guys are manticores like Dr. Pepper is a Doctor. LMAO!

I don't care about Forza vs. GT5, which I said in my original post. They're both sims, so I don't care about 'em. Sims bore me.

The idea that you can objectively judge a game without playing it is dumb. It's impossible. You can't do it. And you can't judge a game on just content, either. All of the content in the world won't make a bad game good.

Thirdly, I never claimed to be a Manticore, and have stated multiple times that I don't believe Manticores exist. I'm a Hermit. Jesus, if you're going to try to use my posting history against me, do some research, dude.

Is GT5 better? Probably. Forza 5 looks like a step backwards. Do I care either way? Nope. Will not purchase or play either title. I'm just here because you said something dumb. You cannot judge a game without playing it, just like you can't judge a movie without seeing it or a piece of music without hearing it.

John_Matherson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#321 John_Matherson

@DarkLink77 said:

@John_Matherson said:

@DarkLink77 said:

I don't care about Forza vs. GT5, which I said in my original post. They're both sims, so I don't care about 'em. Sims bore me.

The idea that you can objectively judge a game without playing it is dumb. It's impossible. You can't do it. And you can't judge a game on just content, either. All of the content in the world won't make a bad game good.

Thirdly, I never claimed to be a Manticore, and have stated multiple times that I don't believe Manticores exist. I'm a Hermit. Jesus, if you're going to try to use my posting history against me, do some research, dude.

Is GT5 better? Probably. Forza 5 looks like a step backwards. Do I care either way? Nope. Will not purchase or play either title. I'm just here because you said something dumb. You cannot judge a game without playing it, just like you can't judge a movie without seeing it or a piece of music without hearing it.

My apologies on the manticores part...but again, I'm not judging the games...I'm judging the reviews.

Avatar image for deactivated-603db33572396
deactivated-603db33572396

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#322 deactivated-603db33572396
Member since 2007 • 361 Posts

@Stringerboy said:

John getting anal blasted again. Most excellent.

sounds hot

Nanomage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#323 Nanomage
Member since 2011 • 2371 Posts

@John_Matherson said:

@DarkLink77 said:

@John_Matherson said:

@blackace said:

YOU DON'T HAVE TO PLAY A GAME TO SEE WHICH IS THE BIGGER, BETTER, OVERALL MORE VALUABLE PACKAGE. THERE'S ENOUGH CONTENT IN GT6 TO MAKE AT LEAST 3 FORZA 5s

Quality over quantity,something that Polyphony doesn´t understand.

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#324 DarkLink77

@John_Matherson said:

@DarkLink77 said:

@John_Matherson said:

@DarkLink77 said:

My apologies on the manticores part...but again, I'm not judging the games...I'm judging the reviews.

So everyone who preferred Forza 5 is a blind fanboy based on what, exactly? More content?

That's a dumb basis for an argument.

John_Matherson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#325  Edited By John_Matherson

@CrumUnderMe said:

@Stringerboy said:

sounds hot

He enjoys watching people get anal blasted...SYSTEM WARS NOT PERVERTED FETISH WARS

Avatar image for deactivated-603db33572396
deactivated-603db33572396

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#326 deactivated-603db33572396
Member since 2007 • 361 Posts

@John_Matherson said:

@CrumUnderMe said:

@Stringerboy said:

sounds hot

He enjoys watching people get anal blasted...SYSTEM WARS NOT PERVERTED FETISH WARS

who wouldnt enjoy that? receiving though, thats another story.

Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#327  Edited By Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator

@John_Matherson: Your premise is attacking both "reviews" yet your main point rests on content - you avoided the other aspects that play key roles in the reviews. Selectively looking at one button means you're missing the entire shirt. Widen your scope. Stop pandering to fanboy drivel with that Microspot crap.

no-scope-AK47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#328 no-scope-AK47

@Nanomage said:

@John_Matherson said:

@DarkLink77 said:

@John_Matherson said:

@blackace said:

YOU DON'T HAVE TO PLAY A GAME TO SEE WHICH IS THE BIGGER, BETTER, OVERALL MORE VALUABLE PACKAGE. THERE'S ENOUGH CONTENT IN GT6 TO MAKE AT LEAST 3 FORZA 5s

It cost 600 for a x1 and 60 bucks for xbox live gold for one year add in a wheel and your over 700 easy before you before you buy forza 5 (800 for one game with 200 cars and 14 tracks lmfao) . You can get GT6 and go on a 5 day cruise plus get a kick ass wheel and seat with hundreds left over. Now last I checked Forza 5 did not make me shit gold so how is it worth it all things considered ??

Please stop the quality bullshit brah. I get it your a troll but at least be a good troll and at least be funny.

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#329 DarkLink77

@no-scope-AK47 said:

@Nanomage said:

@John_Matherson said:

@DarkLink77 said:

@John_Matherson said:

@blackace said:

It cost 600 for a x1 and 60 bucks for xbox live gold for one year add in a wheel and your over 700 easy before you before you buy forza 5 (800 for one game with 200 cars and 14 tracks lmfao) . You can get GT6 and go on a 5 day cruise plus get a kick ass wheel and seat with hundreds left over. Now last I checked Forza 5 did not make me shit gold so how is it worth it all things considered ??

Please stop the quality bullshit brah. I get it your a troll but at least be a good troll and at least be funny.

The cost of Gold, the console, and a wheel have nothing to do with the quality of the game itself. Poor argument.

killatwill15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#330 killatwill15
Member since 2013 • 855 Posts

@Nanomage: "Quality over quantity,something that Polyphony doesn´t understand."

wow,

where you born with an asshole for a mouth?

or did you get surgery to have it done?

Nanomage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#331 Nanomage

@no-scope-AK47 said:

@Nanomage said:

@John_Matherson said:

@DarkLink77 said:

@John_Matherson said:

@blackace said:

Yes yes,someone pointing out the obvious on a game that´s on a system you´re a fanboy of it´s a troll,have a read at that putrid puke you just typed and tell tell me what it has to do with what I said,ok sunshine?

Not that I expect much from you aside from the same argument formulated in a different way,but we all have our argumentative limits and yours is very,well...limited,to say the least.

MrYaotubo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#332 MrYaotubo
Member since 2012 • 2884 Posts

@Nanomage said:

@John_Matherson said:

@DarkLink77 said:

@John_Matherson said:

@blackace said:

Pretty much this,that always has been an issue with the GT games but now that they have stiff competition it no longer gets a pass,and it shouldn´t.

Nanomage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#333 Nanomage

@killatwill15 said:

wow,

I love you too baby. ;)

killatwill15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#334 killatwill15

@Nanomage said:

@killatwill15 said:

wow,

I love you too baby. ;)

I knew you xbots was really pleasure bots,

you cant get inside my psyche,

my skin is zirconium you gnaw mean jelly belly bean?

I can fire laser beams, from my finger tips, I cant make pussy fingers,

because that is dangerous and I spit hot fire

Nanomage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#335  Edited By Nanomage

@killatwill15 said:

@Nanomage said:

@killatwill15 said:

wow,

I love you too baby. ;)

Sounds hot,mmhmm

killatwill15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#336 killatwill15

@Nanomage said:

@killatwill15 said:

@Nanomage said:

@killatwill15 said:

wow,

I love you too baby. ;)

Sounds hot,mmhmm

don't read my posts,

don't read my posts,

just sit on a post flesh beast.....

I have johnny depp under my step,

while ryan gosling is ogg el ing brother or sister,

mam or mister......I get ya,

you want my omelet recipe but dammit I didn't write it down

no-scope-AK47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#337  Edited By no-scope-AK47

@DarkLink77 said:

The cost of Gold, the console, and a wheel have nothing to do with the quality of the game itself. Poor argument.

It has everything to do with it. You can't play Forza 5 without a x1 and you can race online without live. Without the console and gold Forza 5 is just a disc in a box. If you want the full quality racing experience you need a wheel and your old 360 wheel won't work with the xbox one. So your basically saying the "quality" of Forza 5 is such that it offsets the cost over a similar experience on the ps3 with GT6.

I call bullshit on that. If you have a valid counterpoint then make it. Did your x1 blow you and tickle your elmo while you were racing ??

TorqueHappens08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#338  Edited By TorqueHappens08

Things get so interesting when rib chimes in. i thought this thread would die at page 2...

also another big GT6 update in january, 1203 GB or so.

no-scope-AK47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#339 no-scope-AK47

@Nanomage said:

@no-scope-AK47 said:

Yes yes,someone pointing out the obvious on a game that´s on a system you´re a fanboy of it´s a troll,have a read at that putrid puke you just typed and tell tell me what it has to do with what I said,ok sunshine?

Not that I expect much from you aside from the same argument formulated in a different way,but we all have our argumentative limits and yours is very,well...limited,to say the least.

You have yet to explain this "quality" in Forza 5 that offsets the cost involved. What is this "quality" ??

I can play Forza 4 and GT6 both with far more content and features for much less money. Yet this "quality" you guys speak of is so great that you can spend 800 bucks and only get 200 cars and 14 tracks. So please explain what it is ??

You guys are the ones with "argumentative limits".

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#340 clone01

@John_Matherson said:

@clone01 said:

@John_Matherson said:

@Stevo_the_gamer said:

@John_Matherson said:

@Stevo_the_gamer said:

@John_Matherson said:

So...circles? Everything you're asking me to address such as AI and gameplay, I did acknowledge and specifically avoided and still managed to make my point. Everything I used to base this thread on, since you're saying my theory has a shaky-to-none foundation, are based on actual non subjective factual characteristics of both games. I specifically avoided things like physics, controls, because you actually have to play the game to draw your own opinion on these...I don't have to have played it...and see you're asking a question I already answered...again. "why are you emotionally invested into a piece of plastic that you have not played?" I already said I only noticed and suspected the review because I know what both games feature due to making the hype threads, thus when I read the reviews it seemed really off so I went digging. And don't bring up the "sony fanboy lens". It's not going to do anything. If you think I don't know how or when to take of the fanboy lenses then you don't deserve to have me respond to you at all.

@TorqueHappens08 said:

@jsmoke03 said:

@John_Matherson said:

@jsmoke03 said:

@no-scope-AK47 said:

Oh fun times! Johnny fanboy is going into one of his little junior high tantrums! Ima get my popcorn.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#341  Edited By clone01

@John_Matherson said:

@DarkLink77 said:

@John_Matherson said:

@blackace said:

Inside voice, Wasted Wisdom.

BruceBenzing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#342 BruceBenzing
Member since 2013 • 406 Posts

@clone01 said:

Oh fun times! Johnny fanboy is going into one of his little junior high tantrums! Ima get my popcorn.

Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#343 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator

@no-scope-AK47 said:

It has everything to do with it. You can't play Forza 5 without a x1 and you can race online without live. Without the console and gold Forza 5 is just a disc in a box. If you want the full quality racing experience you need a wheel and your old 360 wheel won't work with the xbox one. So your basically saying the "quality" of Forza 5 is such that it offsets the cost over a similar experience on the ps3 with GT6.

I call bullshit on that. If you have a valid counterpoint then make it. Did your x1... while you were racing ??

First things first, keep things classy. Knock it off with that inappropriate crap at the end. Secondly, I've never seen anyone add the cost of a console and online adjacent to discussing two racing game reviews. You wouldn't do it in comparison to Halo 4 and Killzone: Shadow Fall, and you wouldn't do it in comparison to Super Mario 3D World and Puppeteer. Thirdly, the racing wheel "experience" is a niche offering for enthusiast racer gamers. Think of it like the enthusiast PC gamers that spend two or more grand on their PCs where the majority of us do not go that grand on our budgets.

Value is a valid discussion to be had where reasonable minds can discuss, but it is not reasonable to throw onto that the cost of XBL, console, and optional third-party hardware. Shall we also include the budget of a television as well? Because that sorely affects how you view the game, and of course, you want the best viewing possible...

TorqueHappens08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#344  Edited By TorqueHappens08

I still find it outstanding that GT is putting up this much of a fight while being on such limited old hardware, z

dbtbandit67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#345  Edited By dbtbandit67
Member since 2012 • 415 Posts

While the cars drive better in GT6 and it has more diverse gameplay modes, more cars and tracks and better online, Forza 5 has much better graphics, an updated next-gen interface, and overall just has a much better presentation. The fact that GT6 still has that many cars that don't have interior graphics is just ridiculous. That is lazy. A lot of the cars in the game are filler to artificially inflate numbers. "1,000+ cars!" except less than 100 are even worth owning.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e9044657a310
deactivated-5e9044657a310

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#346 deactivated-5e9044657a310
Member since 2005 • 8136 Posts

@TorqueHappens08 said:

I still find it outstanding that GT is putting up this much of a fight while being on such limited old hardware, z

Put up a fight?

It's KO'd Forza on most major publications and Metacritic.

Unfortunately Gamespot used a weekend warrior reviewer for their GT6 review that didn't really play that much of the game based on his inaccurate comments

Avatar image for deactivated-5e9044657a310
deactivated-5e9044657a310

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#347 deactivated-5e9044657a310
Member since 2005 • 8136 Posts
@dbtbandit67 said:

While the cars drive better in GT6 and it has more diverse gameplay modes, more cars and tracks and better online, Forza 5 has much better graphics, an updated next-gen interface, and overall just has a much better presentation. The fact that GT6 still has that many cars that don't have interior graphics is just ridiculous. That is lazy. A lot of the cars in the game are filler to artificially inflate numbers. "1,000+ cars!" except less than 100 are even worth owning.

Speculate much? "Less than 100 are even worth owning" is your opinon and flawed one.

GT6 has more premium cars than Forza has cars period. They also updated over 600 Standard Models.

You admit that GT6 has better gameplay, more diverse events, more cars, more tracks, and better online, but Forza wins because of presentation?

What a joke. If I took the names out of it and Just said that Game A has better gameplay, more diverse gameplay, more cars, more tracks, and better online, But Game B has an updated Interface and better presentation which would you honestly choose?

If you didn't know which game was which you'd choose Game A every time. Only the most ludicrous of fanboys would say different

messedupworld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#348 messedupworld
Member since 2013 • 101 Posts

@John_Matherson said:

Hey, Evolution Studios, Did you know that if you delete 90% of the content in Drive Club and program the User Interface of the game to continuously ask people to pull out their credit cards, Gamespot will give your game a 9/10???? You don't have to try anymore. You can practically release Drive Club in 2 weeks!!!! YAYY!!!!

What a butthurt fanboy

John_Matherson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#349  Edited By John_Matherson

@dbtbandit67 said:

All of these are stupid opinions and speculations. Either way Forza is supposed to have better graphics. Your point? All I'm gathering from most of you is better graphics and better presentation...the rest are all subjective. In terms of actual characteristics and features and fact, GT6 is much more packaged and better game. Hands Down.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#350  Edited By lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61486 Posts

Who had a meltdown?