Gran Turismo 5 new damage system - OWNS ANY OTHER DAMAGE SYSTEM OUT THERE

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Bobzfamily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#101 Bobzfamily
Member since 2008 • 1514 Posts

I would be able to tell if not for the absymal quality of the images. I could be looking at Epic Mickey here for all I know.

bphan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#102 bphan
Member since 2005 • 1666 Posts

[QUOTE="heretrix"]

[QUOTE="Gamtrix"] Nope God Devs always take their time, see Blizzard, see Valve with Half Life. It's the ones that give you a games 2 in 2 years *coughTurn 10*Cough* that are average. Imo anyway. Sollet

Average developers don't turn out consistent AAA games in the amount of time that Turn 10 has done with Forza. Give credit where it's due. The Turn 10 guys are good. I can only imagine what they would do if they had 5 years to create a Forza game.

Isn't Turn 10 like... bigger than PD? Staff wise.

Turn 10 has a team of 400 plus 200 overseas who do modeling for cheap in india. PD only has 110. lol

PBSnipes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 PBSnipes
Member since 2007 • 14621 Posts

Isn't Turn 10 like... bigger than PD? Staff wise.Sollet

Yes and no. Turn 10 is probably a smaller studio than PD, but they contract out a significant portion of the development work on the Forza titles, so the consensus is that more people have worked on Forza 3 than GT5.

That said I've never seen any concrete proof as to the number of people who worked on either game, and unless someone can figure out the actual number of man-hours that have gone into the two games it's very much an apples-to-oranges comparison.

LOXO7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 LOXO7
Member since 2008 • 5595 Posts

[QUOTE="foxhound_fox"]

[QUOTE="Gamtrix"] All cars have damage [...]xYamatox

They do... but the majority of the cars in the game will have this same "lame" damage model the TC says exists in other games. So I don't see why having only 20% of your entire offering having the "good" damage is a "good" thing.

20% is still 20% better than 0...

Some people are never satisfied.

That's the truth. No doubt 20 percent sounds worse then 200. 200 of any thing is "holy ****!" quantity.

PBSnipes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 PBSnipes
Member since 2007 • 14621 Posts

Turn 10 has a team of 400 plus 200 overseas who do modeling for cheap in india. PD only has 110. lol

bphan

I swear Turn 10 adds another 100+ employees every time someone makes a GT vs Forza thread. I remember when people were arguing that PD only has 60 employees while Turn 10 has ~100-120. :lol:

racing1750

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#106 racing1750
Member since 2010 • 14567 Posts

[QUOTE="racing1750"][QUOTE="johny300"] OMG amazing now i regret not playing it and grid 2.johny300

Grid 2 isn't out.

I must have gotten confused about it and another game.:P

No problem. It's being worked on though :)
Nyuuuu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 Nyuuuu
Member since 2010 • 380 Posts

GT5

Grid (2008.) Pay attention to the bonnet, particulary the light "casing"

:oops:

heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#108 heretrix
Member since 2004 • 37881 Posts

[QUOTE="heretrix"]

[QUOTE="Sollet"] No but it might explain them being able to release games faster than PD, just saying.johny300

I had no doubt that that is one of the factors. It still does not guarantee a great game.

Actually it does assassins creed 2 and the upcoming assassins creed brotherhood.

I loved Assassin's Creed 2, but that doesn't guarantee that AC2:B will be any good. And Assassin's Creed is but one of the many franchises Ubi owns. They done their share of completely boning some of their stuff.

See: Prince of Persia, GRAW, Splinter Cell, Rainbow six.

JohnF111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#109 JohnF111
Member since 2010 • 14190 Posts

Doesn't Grand Theft Auto have real time deformation based on where you crash the car?

BPoole96
You know i was gonna say that hahaha!!! But still GT5 is my most hyped game this year... and last year.... and the year before... and the.. ah forget it.
Avatar image for blazinpuertoroc
blazinpuertoroc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#110 blazinpuertoroc
Member since 2004 • 12245 Posts

That looks good but I have seen any of that amount of damage in any video footage.

GTR2addict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#111 GTR2addict
Member since 2007 • 11863 Posts
GRID, DIRT 1 and DIRT 2 say hi.
ArcFatalix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 ArcFatalix
Member since 2010 • 135 Posts

people are bashing GT5 from those direct TV captures?

Damage looks way better than it was so its a huge improvement.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#115 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

You do know that on actual race cars the lights are painted on or stickers. Just thought I'd point that out...

xX-Incubus-Xx

Maybe in NASCAR... but most racing series use heavily modified stock vehicles that have function lights, because many times they race at night.

That car in particular is no exception...

SupraGT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#116 SupraGT
Member since 2003 • 8150 Posts

[QUOTE="Nyuuuu"]

GT5

xX-Incubus-Xx

You do know that on actual race cars the lights are painted on or stickers. Just thought I'd point that out...

actually JGTC cars use real lamp that you would find in a normal car. However regarding the damage. It seems that the impact was at the right side behind the wheel, so the lamp is still attached.

red12355

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 red12355
Member since 2007 • 1251 Posts

[QUOTE="xX-Incubus-Xx"]

foxhound_fox

Maybe in NASCAR... but most racing series use heavily modified stock vehicles that have function lights, because many times they race at night.

Ouch for GT fans then. Looks like the damage isn't that great after all.

ArcFatalix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 ArcFatalix
Member since 2010 • 135 Posts

[QUOTE="foxhound_fox"]

[QUOTE="xX-Incubus-Xx"]

red12355

It is great previous GT's dont have damage. So a GT fan doesnt care about damage. But this is awesome first time damage came to the series

SupraGT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 SupraGT

[QUOTE="foxhound_fox"]

[QUOTE="xX-Incubus-Xx"]

red12355

it just all depends on where the impact took place

Nyuuuu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 Nyuuuu

[QUOTE="Nyuuuu"]

GT5

xX-Incubus-Xx

And on a Lamborgini? And no, I never knew they painted the lights on... That's pretty stupid. Why don't the cars just use real lamps?

marklarmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#121 marklarmer
Member since 2004 • 3883 Posts

[QUOTE="marklarmer"]i think the thing thats annoying some people, well at least me, is not the number, its the fact PD are basically choosing the carsong>theyfeel are worthy of being on the premium list, alot of people are probably disappointed that their favourite car (i was really looking forward to seeing the Tommy Kaira ZZ2 from GT3) may not be on that list and they wont be able to sit in it, or race it alongside the premium cars without i tpossiblylooking out of place.

foxhound_fox

Indeed. I find it interesting how so many people are so quick to defend the actions of the developers they love and have absolute faith in. And then when people come in with legitimate concerns or criticism, they just shoot them down as "wrong, period."

I find it interesting how you mention the ZZII... that was my favorite car in GT3. Also, there are many cars in GT2 that didn't make it into any subsequent release... all of which I would love to drive with full interiors (BMW 740i/840Ci, Vector M12, Venturi Atlantique 300/400GT, TVR Cerbera Speed 6 and Peugeot 406 Sedan). That is what I like about Forza 3. All 400+ cars (depending on if you get DLC or not) have fully modelled interiors (to the same degree) and a full damage model (to the same degree), so the entire experience is streamlined for all the people, no matter what car you are driving.

It would really irk me to have access to the BMW 740i alongside a BMW M3 CSL and only be able to get the interior on the M3 CSL (since I prefer the 7 to the 3).

this is my problem, putting those cars in the game has made me want to drive them, is it fair for me to expect them to be at least close to the standard of the premium cars, after 6 years of waiting i don't see why not, especially ifreviewers declare the game perfect or complete(which i see alot of people describing it as already). more so, if i can't give the ZZII 900bhp+ again, then i'll be pretty disappointed, will i even be able to modify the cars from early GT games to similar specs i did back then or at all? the whole standard/premium thing just raises so many questions, that i have a feeling won't be answered until you play the game.

Venturi pretty much went under around 2000 if i recall, which perhaps explains their absence. The (R)Altezza LM Edition was probably my second favourite in GT2, i think you could only win it doing an endurance race though.

sora16perfect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 sora16perfect
Member since 2007 • 730 Posts
why are people trying to compare the damage in gird to the one in GT5?Does grid even use licensed cars?
Classic24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 Classic24
Member since 2009 • 598 Posts

best damage for a simulator on a console.

Dirt 2 has nice damage since it only has like 30 different cars that arent exotic

For PD's first time with damage, it looks great so keep hating

Nyuuuu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 Nyuuuu

why are people trying to compare the damage in gird to the one in GT5?Does grid even use licensed cars?sora16perfect

Read the thread title again. :roll:

heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 heretrix

why are people trying to compare the damage in gird to the one in GT5?Does grid even use licensed cars?sora16perfect
Yes. Grid uses licensed cars.

teun3sixty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 teun3sixty
Member since 2010 • 136 Posts

/end thread

Avatar image for deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab
deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#127 deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab
Member since 2008 • 17476 Posts
1. Yes 2. Why would that even matter?
Shirokishi_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 Shirokishi_
Member since 2009 • 11206 Posts

Id much rather see the game released than teases.

SupraGT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 SupraGT

[QUOTE="xX-Incubus-Xx"]

[QUOTE="Nyuuuu"]

GT5

Nyuuuu

And on a Lamborgini? And no, I never knew they painted the lights on... That's pretty stupid. Why don't the cars just use real lamps?

oh my gosh, real life cars are painted on too

Avatar image for gadflyhorkstenk
gadflyhorkstenk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 gadflyhorkstenk
Member since 2010 • 165 Posts

[QUOTE="Classic24"]

Polyphony Digital are gods amongst programmers

heretrix

A god would have had this game out 5 years ago.

Or 7 days after development began.

Avatar image for devilsoultaker2
devilsoultaker2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 devilsoultaker2
Member since 2009 • 904 Posts
[QUOTE="foxhound_fox"]

And isn't this full damage model only available on 200 of the 1000 cars being shipped with the game?

racing1750
Pretty much. Even more disappointing is only 200 of those cars will have the interior view. The damage in those pics are pretty good, but it's only for 20% of the car list.

wait what ??? only 200 have interior view and damage !!! ...5 years !!!...whaaaaa
edo-tensei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 edo-tensei
Member since 2007 • 4581 Posts

[QUOTE="Gamtrix"][QUOTE="heretrix"]A god would have had this game out 5 years ago.

racing1750

Nope God Devs always take their time, see Blizzard, see Valve with Half Life. It's the ones that give you a games 2 in 2 years *coughTurn 10*Cough* that are average. Imo anyway.

T10 average? I seriously hope you're joking. 3 AAA games since 2005? Sorry, but they're far from average. PD last AAA game on GS was GT3. GT4 was AA. GTPSP was A. So, yeh :)

Gt4 got a 8.9 and it got nocked off for not having online :|

mayceV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 mayceV
Member since 2008 • 4633 Posts

[QUOTE="foxhound_fox"]

[QUOTE="Gamtrix"] All cars have damage [...]xYamatox

They do... but the majority of the cars in the game will have this same "lame" damage model the TC says exists in other games. So I don't see why having only 20% of your entire offering having the "good" damage is a "good" thing.

that's not the pont, everyone is satisfied and agrees its good damage but the TC tried ownage and failed thats what they're getting at..

heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 heretrix

[QUOTE="heretrix"]

[QUOTE="Classic24"]

Polyphony Digital are gods amongst programmers

gadflyhorkstenk

A god would have had this game out 5 years ago.

Or 7 days after development began.

Exactly. At least they got the worship part right.

Frostbite24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 Frostbite24
Member since 2003 • 4536 Posts

The only damage that I see here is the damage to my eyes with those terrible pics.

racing1750

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 racing1750
Member since 2010 • 14567 Posts

[QUOTE="racing1750"][QUOTE="Gamtrix"] Nope God Devs always take their time, see Blizzard, see Valve with Half Life. It's the ones that give you a games 2 in 2 years *coughTurn 10*Cough* that are average. Imo anyway. edo-tensei

T10 average? I seriously hope you're joking. 3 AAA games since 2005? Sorry, but they're far from average. PD last AAA game on GS was GT3. GT4 was AA. GTPSP was A. So, yeh :)

Gt4 got a 8.9 and it got nocked off for not having online :|

Seems fair. FM1 had online day one.
TheMISCMan48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 TheMISCMan48
Member since 2010 • 315 Posts

[QUOTE="Gamtrix"] All cars have damage [...]foxhound_fox

All cars have this form of damage. The 200 premium cars have INTERIOR damage that is omitted in the other models.

CuteCakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 CuteCakes
Member since 2010 • 756 Posts
THis affects only 20% of the cars in GT5. 80% of the cars in GT5 have PS2 models.
mystervj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 mystervj
Member since 2010 • 2213 Posts

THis affects only 20% of the cars in GT5. 80% of the cars in GT5 have PS2 models.CuteCakes

If Standard cars in GT5 has PS2 models, then all the cars in Forza 3 can only qualify for a Dreamcast title.

Mograine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 Mograine
Member since 2006 • 3666 Posts

xYamatox

If you want to do things right, you do them ALL right.

DanteSuikoden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 DanteSuikoden
Member since 2008 • 3427 Posts

[QUOTE="xYamatox"]

Mograine

If you want to do things right, you do them ALL right.

Thing is....they won't be able to do things ALL right due to legal constrictions

Mograine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 Mograine
Member since 2006 • 3666 Posts

Thing is....they won't be able to do things ALL right due to legal constrictions

DanteSuikoden

I'm pretty sure it's not that hard to understand that if they can't make models on real life cars because of that, they can make their own design for all the missing ones. Is it?

leadernator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 leadernator
Member since 2003 • 9064 Posts

THis affects only 20% of the cars in GT5. 80% of the cars in GT5 have PS2 models.CuteCakes

That 20% is a lot when you consider how many cars are in the game. :| C'mon people, don't just hate to hate.

TheMISCMan48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 TheMISCMan48
Member since 2010 • 315 Posts

[QUOTE="CuteCakes"]THis affects only 20% of the cars in GT5. 80% of the cars in GT5 have PS2 models.leadernator

That 20% is a lot when you consider how many cars are in the game. :| C'mon people, don't just hate to hate.

Your asking alot from system wars :P. I dont know why people are so upset about this. The game is going to come out, score very well, and (most importantly to lemmings) it will outsell the entire Forza franchise combined. Its guarranteed at minimum 10 million units lol.
AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 AdobeArtist  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25184 Posts

The damage does look good visually. But what about the damage to the car's performance? Will damage affect steering alignment? Engine performance? Rate of acceleration? Gear shifting? All that sort of stuff.

DeadMan1290

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#148 DeadMan1290
Member since 2005 • 15752 Posts

I never liked racing sims. But, ever since I started looking at some screenshots and watching some videos I might actually buy it. Lamborghinis, Ferraris, Toyotas, Chevys, Dodge, Fords everything I LOVE IT!!!! Can't wait for it to come out!!!!

Funconsole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 Funconsole
Member since 2009 • 3223 Posts
Isn't this "full" damaged mode only available on like 200 of the cars? While the OTHER GAME has realistic damage for EVERY car including performance issues, not just asthetics
Funconsole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 Funconsole
Member since 2009 • 3223 Posts

[QUOTE="CuteCakes"]THis affects only 20% of the cars in GT5. 80% of the cars in GT5 have PS2 models.leadernator

That 20% is only 200 cars :| Still less than Forza 3