Gran Turismo 5 new damage system - OWNS ANY OTHER DAMAGE SYSTEM OUT THERE

This topic is locked from further discussion.

racing1750

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 0

#51 racing1750
Member since 2010 • 14567 Posts
[QUOTE="racing1750"]

[QUOTE="Gamtrix"] Why won't you drive the other cars? They look better then Forza cars graphically still, is it because you want to crash them all? Is that why you play these games to crash all the cars? Hmmm.Gamtrix

T

They look better? Hmmm maybe you should consider playing the game first :roll:

Oh, and on your last sentence. I don't play games for crashing. I don't want 800 cars that are no where near as good as the other 200. Simple!

But they are just as good, they just don't have as much graphical detail. But they still look better the say Forza's cars so really I don't get your issue.

Ok, i'll say this in the most simple way possible. 800 cars next to 200 cars done to the last detail, with no interior view + limited damage. It's just doesn't fit in the game at all
marklarmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#52 marklarmer
Member since 2004 • 3883 Posts

[QUOTE="racing1750"]

[QUOTE="Gamtrix"] Why won't you drive the other cars? They look better then Forza cars graphically still, is it because you want to crash them all? Is that why you play these games to crash all the cars? Hmmm.Gamtrix

T

Oh, and on your last sentence. I don't play games for crashing. I don't want 800 cars that are no where near as good as the other 200. Simple!

But they are just as good, they just don't have as much graphical detail. But they still look better the say Forza's cars so really I don't get your issue.

if they were 'just as good' why is it PD have only been focusing on the premium cars in most, if not all trailers and gameplay footage?

coltgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#53 coltgames
Member since 2009 • 2120 Posts

[QUOTE="Gamtrix"][QUOTE="racing1750"] 200 is a small number of new cars to drive. I've waited for GT5 since it was announced, and 200 is all i get to drive? Maybe, i'll enjoy racing these new cars, but i believe there should of been a lot more imo of course.racing1750

Why won't you drive the other cars? They look better then Forza cars graphically still, is it because you want to crash them all? Is that why you play these games to crash all the cars? Hmmm.

your loss its gonna be better then forza
racing1750

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 racing1750
[QUOTE="racing1750"]

[QUOTE="Gamtrix"] Why won't you drive the other cars? They look better then Forza cars graphically still, is it because you want to crash them all? Is that why you play these games to crash all the cars? Hmmm.coltgames

My loss? I'll be playing it day one like every other GT fan around the globe! As for it being better, well i'll decided when i play GT5. your loss its gonna be better then forza

racing1750

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 racing1750
Dam my quote got mixed up ^
stvee101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#56 stvee101
Member since 2006 • 2953 Posts

I said it before and I'll say it again : I don't understand why PD didn't just create a few generic cockpits designs for the "standard cars".That would have saved alot of (fairly legitimate) complaints.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see how detailed the 200 "premium cars" actually are.Going by the videos it looks as though the 200 will be more than enough for me ,but I understand why people like "Racing1750" are upset about how odd 800 upscaled GT4 cars are sitting next to 200 cars which are modelled down to the last detail.

Gamtrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Gamtrix
Member since 2010 • 804 Posts

[QUOTE="Gamtrix"][QUOTE="racing1750"] T

marklarmer

if they were 'just as good' why is it PD have only been focusing on the premium cars in all trailers and gameplay footage?

I don't know what your talking about I've seen trailer with all cars and I said the onlyu difference was extra graphical detail So again what are you talking about?
heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#58 heretrix
Member since 2004 • 37881 Posts

Polyphony Digital are gods amongst programmers

Classic24

A god would have had this game out 5 years ago.

emperorzhang66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 emperorzhang66
Member since 2009 • 1483 Posts
em Burnout?
jonesy1911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#60 jonesy1911
Member since 2003 • 3483 Posts
[QUOTE="kejigoto"]Now I'm confused.... I thought damage modeling didn't matter in a racing simulation game? At least that is what most GT fans have tried to say since Forza first came out. Also I'm glad to see Poly Phony has done something with this ridiculously long development cycle and I would hope they will be able to outdo a game with half the development time that they took extensive notes while doing play testing for it and also let's keep in mind that Forza 3 launched nearly a year ago. So keeping all that in mind, I would definitely hope that Poly Phony would be able to outdo what Turn 10 has done.

Please don't say most GT fans this and that because you're pulling that out of ya ****!!!
Gamtrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Gamtrix

[QUOTE="Classic24"]

heretrix

Nope God Devs always take their time, see Blizzard, see Valve with Half Life. It's the ones that give you a games 2 in 2 years *coughTurn 10*Cough* that are average. Imo anyway.
coltgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#62 coltgames
Member since 2009 • 2120 Posts
Dam my quote got mixed up ^racing1750
lol i see .
johny300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 johny300
Member since 2010 • 12496 Posts

Looks like a ps1 game to me.

slipknot0129
Dude i dont want to get moded but jesus cant you praise a ps3 game you always bash it i sware why do you do that leave the fanboy stuff and look at the bright side.:P
racing1750

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 racing1750
[QUOTE="slipknot0129"]

johny300
Dude i dont want to get moded but jesus cant you praise a ps3 game you always bash it i sware why do you do that leave the fanboy stuff and look at the bright side.:P

Don't feed him johny
johny300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 johny300
The game looks pretty cool im buying it the first day it comes out god i love racing.:D
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#66 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

Nope God Devs always take their time, see Blizzard, see Valve with Half Life. It's the ones that give you a games 2 in 2 years *coughTurn 10*Cough* that are average. Imo anyway. Gamtrix

True God devs only take as much time as they need, and try to remain relevant (keeping the market hot with something new, not just trying to match what has already been done). See: 3D Realms and Silicon Knights. Just because a game takes a long time to make, doesn't mean its going to be godly. See: Duke Nukem Forever. Nor does being made by a godly developer mean the game is going to be godly. See: Doom 3, BioShock, Deus Ex: Invisible War, Thief: Deadly Shadows, TESIV: Oblivion, etc., etc., etc..

heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 heretrix

[QUOTE="heretrix"]

[QUOTE="Classic24"]

Gamtrix

Nope God Devs always take their time, see Blizzard, see Valve with Half Life. It's the ones that give you a games 2 in 2 years *coughTurn 10*Cough* that are average. Imo anyway.

Average developers don't turn out consistent AAA games in the amount of time that Turn 10 has done with Forza. Give credit where it's due. The Turn 10 guys are good. I can only imagine what they would do if they had 5 years to create a Forza game.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 foxhound_fox

Average developers don't turn out consistent AAA games in the amount of time that Turn 10 has done with Forza. Give credit where it's due. The Turn 10 guys are good. I can only imagine what they would do if they had 5 years to create a Forza game.

heretrix

Not to mention the amount of money that has gone into making GT5.

PBSnipes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 PBSnipes
Member since 2007 • 14621 Posts

I said it before and I'll say it again : I don't understand why PD didn't just create a few generic cockpits designs for the "standard cars".That would have saved alot of (fairly legitimate) complaints.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see how detailed the 200 "premium cars" actually are.Going by the videos it looks as though the 200 will be more than enough for me ,but I understand why people like "Racing1750" are upset about how odd 800 upscaled GT4 cars are sitting next to 200 cars which are modelled down to the last detail.

stvee101

Suspension of disbelief. Seeing a mix of premium and standard cars on-track is likely going to be pretty jarring (especially after a crash), and if you're someone who prefers to use the interior view the issue is magnified. It's not a game-breaker by any stretch, but I'm sure it'll leave a bad taste in many gamers' mouths.

racing1750

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 racing1750
[QUOTE="heretrix"]

[QUOTE="Classic24"]

Gamtrix

T10 average? I seriously hope you're joking. 3 AAA games since 2005? Sorry, but they're far from average. PD last AAA game on GS was GT3. GT4 was AA. GTPSP was A. So, yeh :)
firefluff3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 firefluff3
Member since 2010 • 2073 Posts

LOL, i actually love how there was a thread yesterday about how "no damage system is better than a crappy one" and "but the gameplays more realistic than forza 3", and now it has a damage system.

Sollet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Sollet
Member since 2003 • 8283 Posts

[QUOTE="Gamtrix"][QUOTE="heretrix"]A god would have had this game out 5 years ago.

heretrix

Isn't Turn 10 like... bigger than PD? Staff wise.
firefluff3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 firefluff3
Member since 2010 • 2073 Posts

[QUOTE="heretrix"]Average developers don't turn out consistent AAA games in the amount of time that Turn 10 has done with Forza. Give credit where it's due. The Turn 10 guys are good. I can only imagine what they would do if they had 5 years to create a Forza game.

foxhound_fox

Not to mention the amount of money that has gone into making GT5.

Yes, they would have to release an extended demo or something... :P

killa4lyfe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 killa4lyfe
Member since 2008 • 3849 Posts

[QUOTE="racing1750"]

T

You're kinda self-contradicting yourself there. The graphical detail in the car is which he is referring to. :)

Gamtrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Gamtrix
[QUOTE="heretrix"]

[QUOTE="Gamtrix"] Nope God Devs always take their time, see Blizzard, see Valve with Half Life. It's the ones that give you a games 2 in 2 years *coughTurn 10*Cough* that are average. Imo anyway. Sollet

Yes like 3 times as big. But they curiously forget that every time.
xYamatox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 xYamatox
Member since 2005 • 5180 Posts

LOL, i actually love how there was a thread yesterday about how "no damage system is better than a crappy one" and "but the gameplays more realistic than forza 3", and now it has a damage system.

firefluff3

So...you're saying that people prefer the realistic gameplay in GT5 > Forza 3, but now that GT5 has a damage system, it no longer has the SAME gameplay it had when people praised it...?

Not seeing the point here. Realistic gameplay + Damage system >>>>>>>> Realistic Gameplay or Damage system

johny300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 johny300
[QUOTE="johny300"][QUOTE="slipknot0129"]

racing1750

Don't feed him johny

Didnt get youre point?
stvee101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 stvee101
Member since 2006 • 2953 Posts

[QUOTE="heretrix"]

[QUOTE="Gamtrix"] Nope God Devs always take their time, see Blizzard, see Valve with Half Life. It's the ones that give you a games 2 in 2 years *coughTurn 10*Cough* that are average. Imo anyway. Sollet

I read somewhere they have 3 times the number of staff.

Still 3 AAA games in 4 years is good by any standard.

heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 heretrix

[QUOTE="heretrix"]

Yes, they are.

Sollet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 Sollet

[QUOTE="Sollet"][QUOTE="heretrix"]Average developers don't turn out consistent AAA games in the amount of time that Turn 10 has done with Forza. Give credit where it's due. The Turn 10 guys are good. I can only imagine what they would do if they had 5 years to create a Forza game.

stvee101

I read somewhere they have 3 times the number of staff.

Still 3 AAA games in 4 years is good by any standard.

Not downplaying Turn 10 in any way, just saying that bigger staff = faster dev time.
Nyuuuu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 Nyuuuu
Member since 2010 • 380 Posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28FL_EqRvVQ

:)

heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 heretrix

[QUOTE="Sollet"][QUOTE="heretrix"]Average developers don't turn out consistent AAA games in the amount of time that Turn 10 has done with Forza. Give credit where it's due. The Turn 10 guys are good. I can only imagine what they would do if they had 5 years to create a Forza game.p>Gamtrix

having a larger studio does not ensure the quality of your game will be better, it in fact means the opposite in most cases.

See Ubisoft.

Maintaining a level of consistency in the quality of your games is a much harder task the more people you have to keep track of.

Sollet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 Sollet

[QUOTE="Gamtrix"][QUOTE="Sollet"] Isn't Turn 10 like... bigger than PD? Staff wise.heretrix

having a larger studio does not ensure the quality of your game will be better, it in fact means the opposite in most cases.

See Ubisoft.

Maintaining a level of consistency in the quality of your games is a much harder task the more people you have to keep track of.

No but it might explain them being able to release games faster than PD, just saying.
marklarmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 marklarmer
Member since 2004 • 3883 Posts

[QUOTE="racing1750"][QUOTE="EdenProxy"]Then only use the 200 new cars. Look at that problem solved

xYamatox

200 is a small number of new cars to drive. I've waited for GT5 since it was announced, and 200 is all i get to drive? Maybe, i'll enjoy racing these new cars, but i believe there should of been a lot more imo of course.

Do you not know the value of the number 200? It's a pretty HUGE number, even more so when used to give people a list of choices.

200 cars in a racing game that all function/work as intended is pretty obscene. Not to mention there are an extra 600 in there for the lulz/nestolgic fanbase.

i think the thing thats annoying some people, well at least me, is not the number, its the fact PD are basically choosing the carstheyfeel are worthy of being on the premium list, alot of people are probably disappointed that their favourite car (i was really looking forward to seeing the Tommy Kaira ZZ2 from GT3) may not be on that list and they wont be able to sit in it, or race it alongside the premium cars without it possibly looking out of place.

heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 heretrix

Nyuuuu

:shock: WOW.

heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 heretrix

[QUOTE="heretrix"]

[QUOTE="Gamtrix"] Yes like 3 times as big. But they curiously forget that every time. Sollet

See Ubisoft.

No but it might explain them being able to release games faster than PD, just saying.

I had no doubt that that is one of the factors. It still does not guarantee a great game.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c79c3cfce222
deactivated-5c79c3cfce222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 deactivated-5c79c3cfce222
Member since 2009 • 4715 Posts
It's a glass half full/half empty situation. Quantity vs quality. I think I would've preferred additional premium cars over 800 lower quality ones, but I don't think I'll be that bothered by this compromise.
racing1750

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 racing1750

[QUOTE="Nyuuuu"]

heretrix

Gotta love codemasters :)
johny300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 johny300

[QUOTE="Sollet"][QUOTE="heretrix"]having a larger studio does not ensure the quality of your game will be better, it in fact means the opposite in most cases.

See Ubisoft.

heretrix

I had no doubt that that is one of the factors. It still does not guarantee a great game.

Actually it does assassins creed 2 and the upcoming assassins creed brotherhood.
johny300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 johny300

[QUOTE="heretrix"]

[QUOTE="Nyuuuu"]

Nyuuuu

:P

OMG amazing now i regret not playing it and grid 2.
xYamatox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 xYamatox
Member since 2005 • 5180 Posts

[QUOTE="heretrix"]

[QUOTE="Nyuuuu"]

Nyuuuu

3:25+ is 'effing insane xD

racing1750

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 racing1750
[QUOTE="Nyuuuu"]

[QUOTE="heretrix"]

johny300

Grid 2 isn't out.
bphan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 bphan
Member since 2005 • 1666 Posts

[QUOTE="BPoole96"]

[QUOTE="Classic24"]

grand theft auto 4 doesnt use "real" cars, they have no badges, so it is easy to wreck them without pissing off car manufacturers.

you can mod your gta4 cars on the PC to have real cars tho, but it's a "hack"

Gran Turismo 5 on the other hand uses all real cars with car manufacturers so it's very difficult to wreck them without making them angry

Gamtrix

Do manufacturers actually get mad if their car is shown wrecked in a video game? (Serious question)

It's not even about getting mad, a lot of them won't even let their cars in the game if there is damage in it.

Like who? Show me a link,

killa4lyfe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 killa4lyfe
Member since 2008 • 3849 Posts

Nyuuuu
aww man this just reminded me F1 2010 is coming this month :) can't waaaaiiitt! :)
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 foxhound_fox

i think the thing thats annoying some people, well at least me, is not the number, its the fact PD are basically choosing the carstheyfeel are worthy of being on the premium list, alot of people are probably disappointed that their favourite car (i was really looking forward to seeing the Tommy Kaira ZZ2 from GT3) may not be on that list and they wont be able to sit in it, or race it alongside the premium cars without it possibly looking out of place.

marklarmer

Indeed. I find it interesting how so many people are so quick to defend the actions of the developers they love and have absolute faith in. And then when people come in with legitimate concerns or criticism, they just shoot them down as "wrong, period."

I find it interesting how you mention the ZZII... that was my favorite car in GT3. Also, there are many cars in GT2 that didn't make it into any subsequent release... all of which I would love to drive with full interiors (BMW 740i/840Ci, Vector M12, Venturi Atlantique 300/400GT, TVR Cerbera Speed 6 and Peugeot 406 Sedan). That is what I like about Forza 3. All 400+ cars (depending on if you get DLC or not) have fully modelled interiors (to the same degree) and a full damage model (to the same degree), so the entire experience is streamlined for all the people, no matter what car you are driving.

It would really irk me to have access to the BMW 740i alongside a BMW M3 CSL and only be able to get the interior on the M3 CSL (since I prefer the 7 to the 3).

johny300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 johny300

[QUOTE="johny300"][QUOTE="Nyuuuu"]

racing1750

Grid 2 isn't out.

I must have gotten confused about it and another game.:P