Godzilla - Only for PS4 & PS3. Official HYPE thread.

Ross_the_Boss6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#201 Ross_the_Boss6
Member since 2009 • 4056 Posts

3 sounds about right. I'm not sure how this made it onto some fanboys' 2015 lists. You only had to look at a minute of gameplay to know this game was doomed.

People here will pad a list with any shit to win a numbers game.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#202 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

Flop. 3/10 GS.

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#203 NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 11797 Posts

@Ross_the_Boss6 said:

3 sounds about right. I'm not sure how this made it onto some fanboys' 2015 lists. You only had to look at a minute of gameplay to know this game was doomed.

Aside from Bloodborne, PS4 pretty much has no major exclusives for the rest of year. I see a lot of Playstation fanboys list multiplats, niche and crappy games to look like they have something. The Uncharted Trilogy remaster with no multiplayer, The Tomorrow Children, Disgea 5 and Persona 5 both of which are very niche are all the PS4 has.

Buckhannah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#204 Buckhannah
Member since 2013 • 715 Posts

@NoodleFighter said:

Aside from Bloodborne, PS4 pretty much has no major exclusives for the rest of year. I see a lot of Playstation fanboys list multiplats, niche and crappy games to look like they have something. The Uncharted Trilogy remaster with no multiplayer, The Tomorrow Children, Disgea 5 and Persona 5 both of which are very niche are all the PS4 has.

P5 will be pretty immediately better than anything on Xbone, doesn't matter if it's niche, it matters if it is a quality game. Considering the pedigree of the Persona series, it's looking pretty fucking likely. People will still be talking about and playing Persona 5 ten years from now, how many of the Xbone games coming this year still can you honestly say that about? I guess a few years ago you could have said Halo, but that series has very obviously moved past its prime and gotten lost in a ocean of samey "floating camera with a gun taped to it" FPS games.

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205 NoodleFighter

@Buckhannah said:
@NoodleFighter said:

P5 will be pretty immediately better than anything on Xbone, doesn't matter if it's niche, it matters if it is a quality game. Considering the pedigree of the Persona series, it's looking pretty fucking likely. People will still be talking about and playing Persona 5 ten years from now, how many of the Xbone games coming this year still can you honestly say that about? I guess a few years ago you could have said Halo, but that series has very obviously moved past its prime and gotten lost in a ocean of samey "floating camera with a gun taped to it" FPS games.

It does matter if it is niche is not a lot of people buy it in a certain time span which can have the developers go under, Persona franchise has only sold 6 million copies despite being around since 1996 and being on 9 platforms and having 7 games. Is Sony gonna make a PS4 Persona 5 bundle for the holiday season? Are people that aren't from Japan going to go into game stores demanding a copy or pre order of Persona 5? It wasn't even at this years E3.

Persona 5 will probably be the biggest one of the franchise yet but I feel like a lot of the attention and hype it has gotten is because it is a PS4/PS3 exclusive during a PS4 exclusive drought. Some of the people I see hyping it are saying it will be their first Persona game.

Everyone even people that aren't gamers know about Halo and Master Chief can you honestly say that about Persona?

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#206 Mr_Huggles_dog
Member since 2014 • 7805 Posts

@Ross_the_Boss6 said:

Your post is proof you don't know what you're talking about.

PcGamingRig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207 PcGamingRig
Member since 2009 • 7386 Posts
@PcGamingRig said:

I have a feeling this will be more Turdzilla than Godzilla.

I stand by my original post.

pankar94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208 pankar94
Member since 2014 • 251 Posts

The game looks horrible. The graphics are shit,the gameplay is shit. Why did you release it?

davem1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#209 davem1992
Member since 2009 • 4068 Posts

@NoodleFighter said:
@Buckhannah said:
@NoodleFighter said:

It does matter if it is niche is not a lot of people buy it in a certain time span which can have the developers go under, Persona franchise has only sold 6 million copies despite being around since 1996 and being on 9 platforms and having 7 games. Is Sony gonna make a PS4 Persona 5 bundle for the holiday season? Are people that aren't from Japan going to go into game stores demanding a copy or pre order of Persona 5? It wasn't even at this years E3.

Persona 5 will probably be the biggest one of the franchise yet but I feel like a lot of the attention and hype it has gotten is because it is a PS4/PS3 exclusive during a PS4 exclusive drought. Some of the people I see hyping it are saying it will be their first Persona game.

Everyone even people that aren't gamers know about Halo and Master Chief can you honestly say that about Persona?

Nope, Persona is just a genuinely amazing series, regardless of what lems think.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#210  Edited By AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts

@chessmaster1989 said:

3/10 lol

Legit unbiased people said no more than 5 or around that... even that is lol to begin with. Im not that surprised with 3/10

speedfog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#211  Edited By speedfog
Member since 2009 • 4966 Posts

@Shewgenja said:

Jeez, another full retail exclusive for PS4 in 2015 before XBone gets even one?! How the ****?

You must be proud now

Ross_the_Boss6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212 Ross_the_Boss6
Member since 2009 • 4056 Posts

@mr_huggles_dog:

Alright.

oflow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#213 oflow
Member since 2003 • 5185 Posts

Looks like it got VanOrded

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#214 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

@speedfog said:
@Shewgenja said:

Jeez, another full retail exclusive for PS4 in 2015 before XBone gets even one?! How the ****?

You must be proud now

What, is this the part where we're supposed to congratulate another system for not getting games?

Buckhannah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215  Edited By Buckhannah

@NoodleFighter: Oh are we talking about sales? Atlus is doing just fine, actually. They may be small, but they are smart. They know how to give their audience what they want and make money on what they do sell. It's irrelevant if Sony bundles P5 with the PS4, PS4 is already the undisputed winner of this gen. PS4 owners don't need to be concerned with that at all. You didn't answer my question, what Xbone games coming this year will be played and talked about ten years from now they way we already know P5 will be?

More people knowing who Master Chief is than know who any of the various characters from the Persona series is, is not relevant. P5 will simply be the better more memorable game. Halo 5 will have a somewhat interesting and brief story mode, shiny graphics, lots of pew pew pew, and an online mode with the expected suite of game modes and features that fails to stand out from the massive glut of similar games. More people know who Denis Leary is than who Bill Hicks is, doesn't stop Bill Hicks from being far and away the superior comedian.

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216 NoodleFighter

@Buckhannah: @davem1992: Not saying Persona is bad I've recently been watching a playthrough of Persona 4G I find it pretty interesting. I guess you win buck since I can't really think of an XB1 exclusive this year that will have people playing and talking about it for years since Halo is on a decline and XB1 only has half the userbase of the PS4.

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#217 finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts

Wait hype thread? LOL

game looked like a 1/10 since the day it was announced, cant be serious to have thought it was an AAAE game, its meant to be played by the fans

honestly not a fan of godzilla games

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218 Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19572 Posts

I think the 3 is a little harsh.

I mean, the game is shit, but at least there's something cathartic about smashing up various city blocks and giant monsters. There's a lot of good fan-service in here, and once you get a hang of the controls, it doesn't feel fundamentally broken.

I couldn't give it more than a 5, but it's much better than...I don't know Superman 64. It's playable, just not the best use of your money (unless you're a huge fan).

Opus_Rea-333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219  Edited By Opus_Rea-333
Member since 2013 • 1238 Posts

Well played Sony, waited until mid 2015 to release their current killer app, Congrats PS4 owners... 3/10 abit higher than Big Rigs actually....

While Xbox One gamers wait for Forza 6 Halo 5, Gears Ultimate, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Windows 10 Direct X12 ETC...

AgentA-Mi6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#220 AgentA-Mi6
Member since 2006 • 16713 Posts
Loading Video...

This is a light hearted gameplay/commentary video from people that love Godzilla and the Kaiju. It's a flawed game but to the most hardcore fans, just to use Godzilla and cause mayhem with him is enjoyable enough.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

When is this game being ported to Xbone? I want lems to taste this thing.

Truthhurtsyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222 Truthhurtsyou
Member since 2015 • 30 Posts

A 3/10, so basically one of the better PS4 games? Gotcha

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

How do you **** up the controls like that? It's simple...let the player destroy everything and feel powerful. They don't want to feel sluggish. This is a $15 game posing as a $59 game.

Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224 Bread_or_Decide

@truthhurtsyou said:

A 3/10, so basically one of the better PS4 games? Gotcha

Greatness keeps waiting?

Right now the PS4 is up there with the Wii in terms of "why is this console selling when the games are sub par and non existent?"

The_Funyarinpa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225 The_Funyarinpa
Member since 2015 • 504 Posts

Didnt think that this was going to be great or a system seller, seemed to come out of nowhere...

oflow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#226  Edited By oflow
Member since 2003 • 5185 Posts

@silversix_ said:

When is this game being ported to Xbone? I want lems to taste this thing.

We ah...we are...not thirsty.

Loading Video...

They would have done better to reboot War of the Monsters.

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227 AM-Gamer
Member since 2012 • 8116 Posts

@Bread_or_Decide: No it's really not considering the PS4 actually gets quality multiplats. The Wii never got that.

Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228 Bread_or_Decide

@AM-Gamer said:

@Bread_or_Decide: No it's really not considering the PS4 actually gets quality multiplats. The Wii never got that.

Who the hell cares about multiplats?

Avatar image for deactivated-5c8ff6a32bb23
deactivated-5c8ff6a32bb23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#229 deactivated-5c8ff6a32bb23
Member since 2012 • 3185 Posts

This game is amazing.

Buckhannah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230 Buckhannah

@Bread_or_Decide said:
@AM-Gamer said:

Normal people who don't spend every waking moment of their lives arguing about a hobby on some obscure internet message board?

Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231 Bread_or_Decide

@Buckhannah said:
@Bread_or_Decide said:
@AM-Gamer said:

Normal people who don't spend every waking moment of their lives arguing about a hobby on some obscure internet message board?

BruceBenzing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232 BruceBenzing
Member since 2013 • 406 Posts

@Buckhannah said:
@Bread_or_Decide said:
@AM-Gamer said:

So that omits the Cows...

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233 AM-Gamer
Member since 2012 • 8116 Posts

@Bread_or_Decide: People that play games? I have what I consider two great PS4 exclusives, three if you count TloU. However that didn't stop me from enjoying all the AAA titles that were multiplat. Wii owners didn't have the luxury of being able to play multiplats unless they owned another platform.

Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts

lol jeebus, i thought it was bad, but 3 bad? Ouch.

Buckhannah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235 Buckhannah

Even the AVGN, a lifelong Godzilla nut, thought it was boring. Every gameplay video ever shown just looked so awful. You can tell they only priced it at $60 to try to take advantage of G fans who know this is probably it as far as Godzilla games for another ten years or more. It looks so bad I won't even bite at $19 two months from now.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#236  Edited By cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

@Buckhannah said:
@NoodleFighter said:

In your tastes it will. I have tried but I just cant get into those Persona games. I'll take Halo 5 over it every minute of my life. And LMAO at the "it will be talked about ten years from now". That would be important why? Is that what matters to you? Other people liking the games you like?

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts

@Bread_or_Decide said:

How do you **** up the controls like that? It's simple...let the player destroy everything and feel powerful. They don't want to feel sluggish. This is a $15 game posing as a $59 game.

i think its a crime they even tried to sell this game for that much. i can't believe they thought that was a good idea

Buckhannah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238 Buckhannah

@cainetao11: You know exactly what I meant, you just don't want to admit that Halo is just another flash in the pan SHOOTAN' GAME. Whats important to me are powerful memorable experiences. P5 will be one, Halo 5 will just get mistaken for any other shooter.

jet052006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239 jet052006
Member since 2007 • 859 Posts

@Buckhannah said:

@NoodleFighter: Oh are we talking about sales? Atlus is doing just fine, actually. They may be small, but they are smart. They know how to give their audience what they want and make money on what they do sell. It's irrelevant if Sony bundles P5 with the PS4, PS4 is already the undisputed winner of this gen. PS4 owners don't need to be concerned with that at all. You didn't answer my question, what Xbone games coming this year will be played and talked about ten years from now they way we already know P5 will be?

More people knowing who Master Chief is than know who any of the various characters from the Persona series is, is not relevant. P5 will simply be the better more memorable game. Halo 5 will have a somewhat interesting and brief story mode, shiny graphics, lots of pew pew pew, and an online mode with the expected suite of game modes and features that fails to stand out from the massive glut of similar games. More people know who Denis Leary is than who Bill Hicks is, doesn't stop Bill Hicks from being far and away the superior comedian.

In all fairness the halo series not only has a larger fan base, but it is also more critically acclaimed than persona when looking at metacritic, for the most part persona is just an AA series.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#240  Edited By cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

@Buckhannah said:

@cainetao11: You know exactly what I meant, you just don't want to admit that Halo is just another flash in the pan SHOOTAN' GAME. Whats important to me are powerful memorable experiences. P5 will be one, Halo 5 will just get mistaken for any other shooter.

This Nov marks 14 years of Halo. That's a flash in the pan? WTF are you frying that would take that long?

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241 GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

@Opus_Rea-333: Well, at least you're right about the wait.

And the wait.

And the wait.

Got a game yet? Lems are very patient.

Altivera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#242  Edited By Altivera
Member since 2015 • 101 Posts

Doesn't the Ps4 get all there first part exclusives next year?

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56110 Posts

It looks like Angry Joe review Godzilla on PS4 and he gave it a 2/10. One point down then what Gamespot did. Great review Joe.

Loading Video...

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#244 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41535 Posts

@davillain- said:

It looks like Angry Joe review Godzilla on PS4 and he gave it a 2/10. One point down then what Gamespot did. Great review Joe.

Loading Video...

The first review of his that I've sat through in a while (took a break from him after knowingly walking into the BS with Nintendo).

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56110 Posts

@nintendoboy16: I'm just surprise his Ninty rent took it to another whole level and he knew better then that but still, I'm cool with his reviews and he points out the negative when showing his clips. That said, I was gonna buy Godzilla at a low price but now, nope, not ever. The only good Godzilla game I enjoy and still to this day is Destroyed All Monsters Melee on Gamecube.

madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#246 madsnakehhh
Member since 2007 • 18252 Posts

@finalstar2007 said:

Wait hype thread? LOL

game looked like a 1/10 since the day it was announced, cant be serious to have thought it was an AAAE game, its meant to be played by the fans

I'm a Godzilla fan and i'm not amused by this, in fact i'm kind of mad at this game, i mean we all know it wasn't going to be a perfect game, and it wasn't going to sell systems nor score big on all sites, we just wanted a fun enough game that would allow us to play as Godzilla and "friends", destroy things, battle against other monsters...just dumb fun like some Anime games are...

Instead they gave us one of the most broken games in recent years...i've seen gameplays, reviews and all that stuff and the game looks so bad...so so bad, it just breaks my hearth.

So no, is not about being a PS exclusive, nor about how it was a flop...is about how lazy and greedy this project was from the beginning and how disrespectful they were to Godzilla fans, no one, not even the most hardcore Godzilla fan deserves this.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#247  Edited By nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41535 Posts

@madsnakehhh said:
@finalstar2007 said:

Wait hype thread? LOL

I'm a Godzilla fan and i'm not amused by this, in fact i'm kind of mad at this game, i mean we all know it wasn't going to be a perfect game, and it wasn't going to sell systems nor score big on all sites, we just wanted a fun enough game that would allow us to play as Godzilla and "friends", destroy things, battle against other monsters...just dumb fun like some Anime games are...

Instead they gave us one of the most broken games in recent years...i've seen gameplays, reviews and all that stuff and the game looks so bad...so so bad, it just breaks my hearth.

So no, is not about being a PS exclusive, nor about how it was a flop...is about how lazy and greedy this project was from the beginning and how disrespectful they were to Godzilla fans, no one, not even the most hardcore Godzilla fan deserves this.

I know Namco Bandai's licensed games have gotten mediocre scores, but from my experience with games like One Piece, some Dragon Ball (even though Atari slapped their names on them for Western distribution during sixth and early seventh gen), and Zatch Bell! They we're at least fun to play (Zatch Bell! Mamodo Battles and Dragon BALL: Origins being among my favorites). But this? Bandai has a lesser extent of "Colonial Marines" on their hands.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#248 StormyJoe
Member since 2011 • 7806 Posts

@Shewgenja said:
@speedfog said:
@Shewgenja said:

You must be proud now

What, is this the part where we're supposed to congratulate another system for not getting games?

3/10 does not help the PS4 cause.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#249 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

@StormyJoe said:
@Shewgenja said:
@speedfog said:
@Shewgenja said:

You must be proud now

3/10 does not help the PS4 cause.

DragonQuest passing the Bone by got you all kindsa

XanderZane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#250  Edited By XanderZane
Member since 2006 • 5174 Posts

@PonchoTaco said:

AAAAE

http://rs676.pbsrc.com/albums/vv123/Gardnerius/Animated%20gifs%20for%20boards/mj-laughing.gif~c200

Joke of the day confirmed.

The game doesn't even look great. The animation is pretty bad. Definitely wouldn't pay full price for this. I'll wait for the reviews and then see if it's worth the bargain bin price.