Feburary NPD Prediction thread (ps4 wins!!!!)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@Vatusus said:

Close call

Good sales numbers are always positive no matter the brand. It keeps the industry alive. I predict next month the X1 will win due to TitanFall and maybe April but after that the PS4 will take over again. TitanFall wont be the X1 saving grace like MS wants it to. And the fact the PS4 keeps winning in XBox territory isnt good for MS. In the rest of the world the PS4 will keep kickin its ass. Can the Xbone survive only with US sales?

What still surprising is that the PS4 hasn't get anything big and still outselling the xbox one.

nutcrackr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 1

#152 nutcrackr
Member since 2004 • 13032 Posts

Well the xbone did a lot better than I expected. Pachter was nowhere near it his estimates on xbone and this guy gets paid to provide such estimates?

Xbone will have to maintain the numbers, march should be no problem since they have titanfall.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#153 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61481 Posts

@ghostwarrior786 said:

console war is over

Tell that to the PS3.

kbanna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 kbanna
Member since 2011 • 741 Posts

@ghostwarrior786 said:

lems are celebrating not getting completely stomped on hahahahhaha this is m$ home turf and even when supply constraint they cant beat ps4. console war is over

Supply constraint huh. Nice little narrative already being set up for next month. Mark my words

Titanflop86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#156  Edited By Titanflop86
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

Poor Lems, Microsoft has become the industry joke

lglz1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157  Edited By lglz1337
Member since 2013 • 4959 Posts

MS can't outsell a supply constraint console

verry bad MS

next month we will have a titanfall bumb, but ps4 will still outsell crapbox

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 lundy86_4

@tyloss said:

PS4 nearly outsold it again 2:1......... Again.

What?

Avatar image for ghostwarrior786
ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#159  Edited By ghostwarrior786
Member since 2005 • 5811 Posts

@lundy86_4 said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

console war is over

Tell that to the PS3.

1. sony had much bigger brand power than m$ when at the start of last gen

2. sony has 2 markets on lock: europe + japan, they show brand loyalty

3. x360 performed well mostly in 2 markets: uk and us, uk is price sensitive and though us is showing some brand loyalty ps4 is still leading

4. sony has much superior 1st party exclusives

all those reasons combined is why ps3 caught up, m$ aint got a chance in hell this gen

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 tormentos
@lostrib said:

Wow, not as great as sony fanboys were predicting

Great considering they still were supply constrain for February..

@kbanna said:

Your embarrassing yourself. Please do some research into NPD and who their information is disseminated to.

258k people in the US bought an X1, 286k a ps4, in Feb. Its that simple. There is no conspiracy going on here. You Sony fans have gone out of your minds. Lets not forget this is the US...MS home territory. If anything you should be celebrating that you go a win two months in a row here.

If you are behaving like this now, brace yourself for next month.

Don't add us with him..

And second i love how people say US is MS territory is was sony's territory for 2 generations in a row and the xbox 360 even that popular with all an its huge RROD problems failed to beat the PS2 numbers in US,this generation the PS4 is estimate to have 2.56 million in US and MS 2.2 million so yeah is not MS territory any more unless they start beating sony.

kbanna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 kbanna

@tyloss said:

PS4 nearly outsold it again 2:1......... Again.

Not sure how 258k vs 286k is 2:1. Might want to recheck your math again. 10% diff is what the rest of the world is seeing.....not sure how it works in your world

Avatar image for StrongBlackVine
StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 StrongBlackVine
Member since 2012 • 13262 Posts

@lostrib: Sony winning the month again with supply constraints is not bad in any way. I think most are surprised that Xflop rebounded so well from January. I didn't see any one predicting 250K sold.

Of course worldwide lead continues to grow as well...

tyloss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 tyloss
Member since 2012 • 846 Posts

Despite PS4 being supply constrained it still outsold the Xbox One which revived free game/price drop incentives from multiple retailers.

lglz1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164  Edited By lglz1337

@tyloss: true

and the ps4 has no games mantra

tyloss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165  Edited By tyloss

@lundy86_4: @kbanna: misread. Changed my flame bait.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52426 Posts

Good numbers.

hahalolomgnongamercommentsps4roxorz

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

Sony better work out their manufacturing Woe's if they want to maintain this lead.

Microsoft has xbones to burn and they can afford to lower the price.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 tormentos

@lundy86_4 said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

console war is over

Tell that to the PS3.

The PS3 won in 2 of the 3 markets even after arriving 1 year late,the xbox one and PS4 started the same and already sony has more than 2 million lead and is outselling the xbox one world wide,not just in Japan and EU.

I am not saying the console war is over but it was very different to what is happening now.

lglz1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 lglz1337

when the big games come on ps4 Xbone is F***** starting with infamous and the superiour MGS:GZ

bbkkristian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#170 bbkkristian
Member since 2008 • 14971 Posts

#JRPGsarentdead #eatit @squareenixusa

I seriously hope Square Enix learns their lesson now that Bravely Default has sold over 200k. Stop underestimating your core market and publish damn Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest games!

Avatar image for StrongBlackVine
StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 StrongBlackVine
Member since 2012 • 13262 Posts

@ReadingRainbow4: Sony sells consoles outside of the U.S. unlike Microsoft so that lead is safe. Now that Japan launch is out of the way supply will probably be much higher for March in the US.

kbanna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 kbanna

@tormentos said:
@lostrib said:

Wow, not as great as sony fanboys were predicting

Great considering they still were supply constrain for February..

@kbanna said:

Your embarrassing yourself. Please do some research into NPD and who their information is disseminated to.

258k people in the US bought an X1, 286k a ps4, in Feb. Its that simple. There is no conspiracy going on here. You Sony fans have gone out of your minds. Lets not forget this is the US...MS home territory. If anything you should be celebrating that you go a win two months in a row here.

If you are behaving like this now, brace yourself for next month.

Don't add us with him..

And second i love how people say US is MS territory is was sony's territory for 2 generations in a row and the xbox 360 even that popular with all an its huge RROD problems failed to beat the PS2 numbers in US,this generation the PS4 is estimate to have 2.56 million in US and MS 2.2 million so yeah is not MS territory any more unless they start beating sony.

I'm saying is US territory because last Gen...it was. 360 outsold ps3 14 months in a row until the new Gen machines launched. You know,...back when NPD did not count. All of a sudden though its relevant again. What a coincidence.

Any-way, I agree with you that things can change from one Gen to the next. US could very well end up Sony territory again

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173  Edited By ReadingRainbow4

@StrongBlackVine said:

@ReadingRainbow4: Sony sells consoles outside of the U.S. unlike Microsoft so that lead is safe. Now that Japan launch is out of the way supply will probably be much higher for March in the US.

True, they have the superior product as well. It'll be interesting to see next month with titanfall and infamous out.

PC's got a much larger presence now than it did at the start of last gen, so I'm not expecting TF to sell many systems like MS initially thought it would.

lglz1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174  Edited By lglz1337

MS is F***** and we know it

big guns coming soon

MS can't outsell a console with a no games mantra haha

ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 ghostwarrior786

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@StrongBlackVine said:

True, they have the superior product as well. It'll be interesting to see next month with titanfall and infamous out.

ps4 got march on LOCK DOWN.

lglz1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 lglz1337

lemmings have to deal with 2nd place again

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#177  Edited By DocSanchez
Member since 2013 • 5557 Posts

Wii U being outsold by the other last gen systems still. People would rather buy consoles they know are on their way out than one covered in uncertainty.

kbanna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178  Edited By kbanna

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@StrongBlackVine said:

So in your brain you actually believe that more people in the US want Infamous then Titanfall??

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#179 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

@nutcrackr said:

Well the xbone did a lot better than I expected. Pachter was nowhere near it his estimates on xbone and this guy gets paid to provide such estimates?

Xbone will have to maintain the numbers, march should be no problem since they have titanfall.

I'm completely surprised at how well the XB1 did. I didn't think it would get over 200K to be honest. March sales should be interesting. PS4 sold about the same as it sold in Jan. A small increase. Should be interesting to see how XB1 does once it's launched in the 29 countries.

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 ReadingRainbow4

@kbanna said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@StrongBlackVine said:

So I your brain you actually believe that more people in the US want Infamous then Titanfall??

As a sole reason to own a system? absolutely. TF's a multiplat and a badly performing one at that on the xbone.

ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181 ghostwarrior786

@kbanna said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@StrongBlackVine said:

So I your brain you actually believe that more people in the US want Infamous then Titanfall??

people willing to pay $100 more to play titanfall?? most nope. infamous bundle was higher selling than titanfall

Avatar image for chikenfriedrice
chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 chikenfriedrice
Member since 2006 • 13561 Posts

@stereointegrity said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

@notrolling said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

@notrolling said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

I knew this month would be closer and cows laughed.....nice sales for both.

What are you talking about? A lot of cows though it would be close because SONY was moving most of their stock to Japan. NA and EU had extremely low PS4 stock throughout the month.

Enjoy your victory(?) while it lasts. In the end, good always triumphs over evil, and SONY will destroy Microsoft.

Ummmm were you here last NPD....no because you are on single digits post count wise. What do you know what cows were saying to me personally after the January NPD?

Because I was reading the posts in the prediction threads.

The TC predicted a 128K difference so......

And lems still lost while Sony was launching In another main market...better luck this month where u will probably lose again

I can't win or lose....how silly

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183  Edited By lundy86_4

@tormentos said:

The PS3 won in 2 of the 3 markets even after arriving 1 year late,the xbox one and PS4 started the same and already sony has more than 2 million lead and is outselling the xbox one world wide,not just in Japan and EU.

I am not saying the console war is over but it was very different to what is happening now.

The PS3 did remarkably well after a shitty start. TC said the console waqr is over, when history has proven that to be wrong.

@ghostwarrior786 said:

1. sony had much bigger brand power than m$ when at the start of last gen

2. sony has 2 markets on lock: europe + japan, they show brand loyalty

3. x360 performed well mostly in 2 markets: uk and us, uk is price sensitive and though us is showing some brand loyalty ps4 is still leading

4. sony has much superior 1st party exclusives

all those reasons combined is why ps3 caught up, m$ aint got a chance in hell this gen

I won't argue that those points were relevant, at all. Still, calling a loss at the starting gates is idiotic.

Tighaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184 Tighaman
Member since 2006 • 1038 Posts

Great numbers for both nice bounce back for the X1 march is gonna be very interesting TF is running everything and every site whether its good or bad news so its COVERAGE and infamous SS on MGS is gonna be big for the ps4 but they better produce more than 300,000 console in the US in march or they gonna lose march.

kbanna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185 kbanna

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@kbanna said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@StrongBlackVine said:

As a sole reason to own a system? absolutely. TF's a multiplat and a badly performing one at that on the xbone.

Wow.....ok man. Guess we will see.

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186  Edited By ReadingRainbow4

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@kbanna said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@StrongBlackVine said:

people willing to pay $100 more to play titanfall?? most nope. infamous bundle was higher selling than titanfall

It also helps that Infamous looks like a game that should be coming out for this new generation.

Shiny visuals go a long way towards a new console purchase.

tyloss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187 tyloss

@kbanna: wanna wager your account PS4 outsells Xbox One in March

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#188 AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts

@kbanna said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@StrongBlackVine said:

So in your brain you actually believe that more people in the US want Infamous then Titanfall??

If those people having a decent PC they can have both Infamous and Titanfall so yes. I think many people considering they already got a decent PC to run Titanfall they might want Infamous for PS4 than Titanfall for X1.

Scipio8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189  Edited By Scipio8
Member since 2013 • 937 Posts

Lol even with $100 difference the PS4 sells only 10% more, watch the sales fall off the cliff in March when even more people realise they have been duped by Sony.

Scipio8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190 Scipio8
Member since 2013 • 937 Posts

Lol even with $100 difference the PS4 sells only 10% more, watch the sales fall off the cliff in March when even more people realise they have been duped by Sony.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191  Edited By tormentos
@blackace said:

@nutcrackr said:

I'm completely surprised at how well the XB1 did. I didn't think it would get over 200K to be honest. March sales should be interesting. PS4 sold about the same as it sold in Jan. A small increase. Should be interesting to see how XB1 does once it's launched in the 29 countries.

The PS4 still is supply constrained.

And MS releasing in 29 countries mean nothing,i have tell you like 100 times,EU is on lock with sony so is Japan,the remaining countries will not add much which is the reason why MS prefer to have a saturate US market with units than giving those extra units to other countries,at least in US with a price drop an a free game they have a chance of moving..

On those 29 countries they would mostly rust away.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#192  Edited By blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@kbanna said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@StrongBlackVine said:

You haven't played Titanfall. lol!! Titanfall preorder bundles were selling very well. It's still in the Top 10 on Amazon.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193 lundy86_4

@tormentos said:

i have tell you like 100 times,EU is on lock with sony so is Japan

Are you saying that you have to speculate 100 times?

kbanna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194 kbanna

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@kbanna said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@StrongBlackVine said:

I must be living on a different part of the planet. I see Titanfall everywhere. I see it being sold all over and news coverage from CNN to ABC talking about it. I know musings add little validation to a realistic discussion, but I hear people being genuinely hyped for this game and a lot of peeps buying it.

More importantly I seeing allot of feedback online of people actually having "FUN" playing the game since release. This game is a word of mouth type of deal that I can see will spur sales in march. I see and hear absolutely no fanfare or excitement for Infamous outside of gaming forums.

Gonna be interesting to see how this plays in March...for sure.

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196 ReadingRainbow4

@blackace said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@kbanna said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@StrongBlackVine said:

You haven't played Titanfall. lol!! Titanfall preorder bundles were selling very well. It's still in the Top 10 on Amazon.

I haven't played titanfall on xbone? sure. I played the Beta for PC.

We'll see then won't we?

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197 tormentos

@lundy86_4 said:

@tormentos said:

The PS3 did remarkably well after a shitty start. TC said the console waqr is over, when history has proven that to be wrong.

The problem is simple the PS3 is not the xbox one,MS had an advantage world wide,sony even at a higher price was able to beat MS in Japan and mainland EU since the first shot,the xbox one and PS4 started both the same but the PS4 is beating the xbox one in all markets and what is worse EU is greatly moving toward the PS4,even on Uk which was won by MS last gen under those conditions,MS can't win,because the xbox one has no market to equalize the balance,the PS3 did.

Anything can happen but seeing things now it will be a miracle if the xbox one does something big,even if they win some how US again,they are badly trailing in EU and in Japan the xbox one is dead before it even release.

TigerSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#198 TigerSuperman
Member since 2013 • 4331 Posts

The posts in this thread seem to be avoiding the fact the Xbox One is like 2 feet behind the PS4 as opposed to almost 2:1 of jan. The 360 further cements second place but dropped to low to ever hope to reach that 100 million Phil wants. Not going to happen.

Wii u numbers.

That is all.

kbanna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199 kbanna

@tyloss said:

@kbanna: wanna wager your account PS4 outsells Xbox One in March

I'm down. Lets do it. And to sweeten the pot If you loose you can keep your acct. I don't post here that often so it will mean less to me.

Good bet

ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200 ghostwarrior786

@kbanna said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@kbanna said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@StrongBlackVine said:

I must be living on a different part of the planet. I see Titanfall everywhere. I see it being sold all over and news coverage from CNN to ABC talking about it. I know musings add little validation to a realistic discussion, but I hear people being genuinely hyped for this game and a lot of peeps buying it.

More importantly I seeing allot of feedback online of people actually having "FUN" playing the game since release. This game is a word of mouth type of deal that I can see will spur sales in march. I see and hear absolutely no fanfare or excitement for Infamous outside of gaming forums.

Gonna be interesting to see how this plays in March...for sure.

if amazon is anything to go buy, and almost every time it has been indicative so far, ps4 has got march on lock. ps4 stand alone console is out selling titanfall game and destroying titanfall bundle. sony aint messing around in march, they have sent big shipments this months a few times.

http://www.amazon.com/best-sellers-video-games/zgbs/videogames/ref=sv_vg_11