Edge: PS4 launch in Europe early 2014, US/JP 2013, more powerful than next Xbox

• 187 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Drasonak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 Drasonak
Member since 2012 • 1515 Posts
[QUOTE="cainetao11"][QUOTE="themajormayor"]Why release in US first? That place is garbage clyde46
You folks would be speaking German or Japanese without us and Russia. That's why your gov stays so close to us now.

Rather be German than American.

Because you're an edgy teenager who thinks he's cool for saying that. You know Germany is huge on censorship, right? Holocaust denial sites are banned, violent games like Dead Space are banned, Nazi propaganda videos are banned (Because **** history, right? Let's just pretend it never happened), etc. No freeze peach for you, sorry. Oh, and they're prime minister, Angela Merkel is a ****ing racist. "Multiculturalism has utterly failed." She says that as if these people are supposed to change over night. It takes a generation or two, just as it did when America started getting different ethnic groups from Europe and other places. How can she not realize this? Because she hates foreign brown people, that's why.
blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#52 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts
Funny. The article is bogus and the spec will most likely change several times before the systems get released. The source is probably one of Sony's 1st party developers and they don't even have a Durango devkit. lol!! Until we get the final specs from Sony and Microsoft themselves, take this info with a grain of salt.
themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 themajormayor
Member since 2011 • 25729 Posts
[QUOTE="themajormayor"]Why release in US first? That place is garbage Drasonak
We're the reason Europe even continues to exist, and not the German Global Empire. :cool: "Hey, uh, America, lol, we have an extremely passive-aggressive relationship and currently hate each other. Can you help us fight this war we started that you have no real stake in?"

Errm Europe's existence has really nothing to do with the countries occupying its territory. In any case talk about living on past glory. Yep USA helped during WWII 70 years ago. How about stop sucking now.
themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 themajormayor
[QUOTE="Drasonak"][QUOTE="clyde46"][QUOTE="cainetao11"] You folks would be speaking German or Japanese without us and Russia. That's why your gov stays so close to us now.

Rather be German than American.

Because you're an edgy teenager who thinks he's cool for saying that. You know Germany is huge on censorship, right? Holocaust denial sites are banned, violent games like Dead Space are banned, Nazi propaganda videos are banned (Because **** history, right? Let's just pretend it never happened), etc. No freeze peach for you, sorry. Oh, and they're prime minister, Angela Merkel is a ****ing racist. "Multiculturalism has utterly failed." She says that as if these people are supposed to change over night. It takes a generation or two, just as it did when America started getting different ethnic groups from Europe and other places. How can she not realize this? Because she hates foreign brown people, that's why.

I think stuff like gay marriage, abortion, evolution even being a discussion is worse than banning Nazi stuff :?. And if it's such a free country how come even curse words are censored? And even worse boobs.
_SWAG_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 _SWAG_
Member since 2009 • 2674 Posts
.sony wins another generation
DerekLoffin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

#56 DerekLoffin
Member since 2002 • 9095 Posts
Funny. The article is bogus and the spec will most likely change several times before the systems get released. The source is probably one of Sony's 1st party developers and they don't even have a Durango devkit. lol!! Until we get the final specs from Sony and Microsoft themselves, take this info with a grain of salt. blackace
If they are releasing this year, the specs really can't be changed much. Increasing memory is one of the few things you could do, but developers need to know what they are working on to make the launch, and the consoles parts have to actually be produced by now.
Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#57 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

Incoming $499 price point.

Zophar87
Still better than $600. I'm predicting a $399 and $499 model.
FIipMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#58 FIipMode
Member since 2009 • 10850 Posts

Funny. The article is bogus and the spec will most likely change several times before the systems get released. The source is probably one of Sony's 1st party developers and they don't even have a Durango devkit. lol!! Until we get the final specs from Sony and Microsoft themselves, take this info with a grain of salt. blackace
No actually rumors edge are pretty good.

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts
Old.ninjapirate2000
The article was just written today, so no it is not old.
mysticstryk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 mysticstryk
Member since 2008 • 1709 Posts

I expected as much from Sony (EU delay). Ill be getting the new Xbox this year as Microsoft can actually do a worldwide launch, and then the PS4 next.

RR360DD

Don't hold your breath.  I wouldn't be surprised if only NA got the new xbox this year, with Europe and Japan following early next year.

Drasonak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Drasonak
Member since 2012 • 1515 Posts

[QUOTE="Drasonak"][QUOTE="clyde46"] Rather be German than American.themajormayor

I think stuff like gay marriage, abortion, evolution even being a discussion is worse than banning Nazi stuff :?. And if it's such a free country how come even curse words are censored? And even worse boobs.

You just proved you have no idea what you're talking about. :lol: I bet you also think the Higgs Boson is exclusively a European achievement? Just because you "heard" that it's like that, doesn't mean it's true.

Teaching evolution in schools isn't banned in any state. Any Board of Education that tries to hinder the teaching of it in any way (usually in the southern states) usually does not get reelected for the next term. But please tell me where we can't discuss evolution in the classroom instead of pulling bull**** you read from other members on here out your ass.

Abortion has been legal in all 50 states since 1973.

Gay marriage is legal in nine states, and civil unions are available in many more. Three states legalized it just last year, so it's obviously going to become much bigger by the end of the decade. The liberal bastion that is Sweden didn't even legalize it until 2009, and there many Western European countries, like Italy, that still have it banned. How far behind do you really think we are? Plus, America is a very religious country, which is why we have done so much (because we faith in God and he returns the favor). Gay marriage isn't necessarily a good thing.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts
[QUOTE="Drasonak"][QUOTE="themajormayor"][QUOTE="Drasonak"] Because you're an edgy teenager who thinks he's cool for saying that. You know Germany is huge on censorship, right? Holocaust denial sites are banned, violent games like Dead Space are banned, Nazi propaganda videos are banned (Because **** history, right? Let's just pretend it never happened), etc. No freeze peach for you, sorry. Oh, and they're prime minister, Angela Merkel is a ****ing racist. "Multiculturalism has utterly failed." She says that as if these people are supposed to change over night. It takes a generation or two, just as it did when America started getting different ethnic groups from Europe and other places. How can she not realize this? Because she hates foreign brown people, that's why.

You just proved you have no idea what you're talking about. :lol: I bet you also think the Higgs Boson is exclusively a European achievement? Just because you "heard" that it's like that, doesn't mean it's true. Teaching evolution in schools isn't banned in any state. Any Board of Education that tries to hinder the teaching of it in any way (usually in the southern states) usually does not get reelected for the next term. But please tell me where we can't discuss evolution in the classroom instead of pulling bull**** you read from other members on here out your ass. Abortion has been legal in 50 states since 1973. Gay marriage is legal in nine states, and civil unions are available in many more. Three states legalized it just last year, so it's obviously going to become much bigger by the end of the decade. The liberal bastion that is Sweden didn't even legalize it until 2009, and there many Western European countries, like Italy, that still have it banned. How far behind do you really think we are? Plus, America is a very religious country, which is why we have done so much (because we faith in God and he returns the favor). Gay marriage isn't necessarily a good thing.

Lol religion.
LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#63 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

all the people want is pretty graphics.

PhazonBlazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#64 PhazonBlazer
Member since 2007 • 12013 Posts

Durango :lol:

DrTrafalgarLaw

Exactly! Teh Cell is even more powerful this gen! Next-box is like Krillin meets Yamcha.

themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 themajormayor

[QUOTE="themajormayor"][QUOTE="Drasonak"] Because you're an edgy teenager who thinks he's cool for saying that. You know Germany is huge on censorship, right? Holocaust denial sites are banned, violent games like Dead Space are banned, Nazi propaganda videos are banned (Because **** history, right? Let's just pretend it never happened), etc. No freeze peach for you, sorry. Oh, and they're prime minister, Angela Merkel is a ****ing racist. "Multiculturalism has utterly failed." She says that as if these people are supposed to change over night. It takes a generation or two, just as it did when America started getting different ethnic groups from Europe and other places. How can she not realize this? Because she hates foreign brown people, that's why.Drasonak

You just proved you have no idea what you're talking about. :lol: I bet you also think the Higgs Boson is exclusively a European achievement? Just because you "heard" that it's like that, doesn't mean it's true.

Teaching evolution in schools isn't banned in any state. Any Board of Education that tries to hinder the teaching of it in any way (usually in the southern states) usually does not get reelected for the next term. But please tell me where we can't discuss evolution in the classroom instead of pulling bull**** you read from other members on here out your ass.

Abortion has been legal in all 50 states since 1973.

Gay marriage is legal in nine states, and civil unions are available in many more. Three states legalized it just last year, so it's obviously going to become much bigger by the end of the decade. The liberal bastion that is Sweden didn't even legalize it until 2009, and there many Western European countries, like Italy, that still have it banned. How far behind do you really think we are? Plus, America is a very religious country, which is why we have done so much (because we faith in God and he returns the favor). Gay marriage isn't necessarily a good thing.

When did I say any of it was banned? :?

Sweden is one of the least liberal countries od Europe. and just a garbage country in general. Gay marriage is not worse than straight marriage

dream431ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 dream431ca
Member since 2003 • 10165 Posts

Why is the EU getting it last again!?clyde46

Because your stupid enough to use different power requirements :P

DaBrainz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 DaBrainz
Member since 2007 • 7959 Posts
"Development sources with working knowledge " LoL sounds legit to me.
themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 themajormayor

Oh and Sweden WAS not liberal for a long time. But it's better now due to a liberal government the last 7 years.

Kingpin0114

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Kingpin0114
Member since 2008 • 2607 Posts

If Sony really does put 8 gigs of GDDR5 in the PS4 then all I can say is WOW!! I thought 4 gigs was great but 8? That would be insanely good.

dream431ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 dream431ca
Member since 2003 • 10165 Posts

If Sony really does put 8 gigs of GDDR5 in the PS4 then all I can say is WOW!! I thought 4 gigs was great but 8? That would be insanely good.

Kingpin0114

8 Gigs of GDDR5 seems like overkill. 4 Gigs is quite enough. Even my PC and my SLI 580s, I have 4 Gigs of GDDR5. 

spike6958

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#71 spike6958
Member since 2005 • 6701 Posts
Well just saying, but if it isn't releasing in the UK till next year, they've lost my sale. It's 2013, it was understandable 10-20 years ago when the gaming industry was much smaller, but in this day and age there is no excuse for making certain country's have to wait months after everyone else to get the latest system, world wide releases should be mandatory by this point. The same thing will apply to Microsoft too.
Avatar image for StrongBlackVine
StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 StrongBlackVine
Member since 2012 • 13262 Posts

Well just saying, but if it isn't releasing in the UK till next year, they've lost my sale. It's 2013, it was understandable 10-20 years ago when the gaming industry was much smaller, but in this day and age there is no excuse for making certain country's have to wait months after everyone else to get the latest system, world wide releases should be mandatory by this point. The same thing will apply to Microsoft too.spike6958

Enjoy your WiiU then unless you are going PC only.

Under_Armour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Under_Armour
Member since 2011 • 54 Posts
A lot of upset kids born on the wrong side of the world :(
Blazerdt47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Blazerdt47
Member since 2004 • 5671 Posts

[QUOTE="Kingpin0114"]

dream431ca

8 Gigs of GDDR5 seems like overkill. 4 Gigs is quite enough. Even my PC and my SLI 580s, I have 4 Gigs of GDDR5. 

Seems like Sony wants the PS4 future proof.

lx_theo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 lx_theo
Member since 2010 • 6211 Posts

Funny cos an "Insider" from Sony apparently said they are not trying to beat the Xbox on raw power. Yet here this says it's more powerful. So many conflicting stories. 

seanmcloughlin

So they did it without trying? lol.

Primordialous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#77 Primordialous
Member since 2012 • 1313 Posts

How did this thread go from PS4 discussion to religion?

DerekLoffin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 DerekLoffin

[QUOTE="Kingpin0114"]

dream431ca

Remember, this is total memory, not just video memory. 8 gigs of video memory probably would be massive overkill, but 8 gigs of total memory is not that out of line, especially as it looks like they are going to be running memory heavy OSes.
Avatar image for StrongBlackVine
StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 StrongBlackVine
Member since 2012 • 13262 Posts

[QUOTE="dream431ca"]

[QUOTE="Kingpin0114"]

DerekLoffin

Remember, this is total memory, not just video memory. 8 gigs of video memory probably would be massive overkill, but 8 gigs of total memory is not that out of line, especially as it looks like they are going to be running memory heavy OSes.

Only Kinect 2.0 will be be OS heavy. $80 Xbox Live fees incoming...

04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#80 04dcarraher
Member since 2004 • 23829 Posts

[QUOTE="dream431ca"]

[QUOTE="Kingpin0114"]

Blazerdt47

Seems like Sony wants the PS4 future proof.

Your not going to have 8gb of GDDR5
DerekLoffin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 DerekLoffin

[QUOTE="DerekLoffin"][QUOTE="dream431ca"]

StrongBlackVine

Only Kinect 2.0 will be be OS heavy. $80 Xbox Live fees incoming...

So is WiiU. They have 1 Gig reserved for the OS. The rumor so far place Sony's OS as 512 MB, which is still huge by the standards of this gen.
lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#82 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44560 Posts
if they go 8GB then then MS better have an ace up their sleeve, multiplatform advantage is all they have going for them and if they think Kinect 2.0 is their saving grace then they deserve to live in Sony's shadow next gen plus, if Sony really has a feature to allow all gamers to upload their footage to YouTube, that's gonna be a big deal I think
donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#83 donalbane
Member since 2003 • 16383 Posts
You left out the part where Sony will use a biometric sensors on the new controllers which will pair one unique user to one unique disc, thereby preventing used game sales. Whoo!
inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#84 inggrish
Member since 2005 • 10502 Posts

Oh look, Europe release way after JP/US.... what a surprise... Sheesh.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#85 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

so they are ditching teh cell for a 1ghz AMD cpu?

so bye bye backwards compatibility?

walkingdream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 walkingdream
Member since 2009 • 4883 Posts
I don't get it where's the advantage to sony in the specs? Apparently we don't even know 720s GPU and both CPUS are the same. While the RAM differences haven't been finalised yet?
inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 inggrish

I don't get it where's the advantage to sony in the specs? Apparently we don't even know 720s GPU and both CPUS are the same. While the RAM differences haven't been finalised yet? walkingdream

No idea myself neither. I'm guessing it's just going on from what some developers seem to say? (The original source mentions something like that?)

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

I don't get it where's the advantage to sony in the specs? Apparently we don't even know 720s GPU and both CPUS are the same. While the RAM differences haven't been finalised yet? walkingdream

The ram ps4 will be using is extremely fast, thereby removing one of the biggest issue consoles face, bottlenecks between memory.

durango is using industry standard ddr3, which is slower.

inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 inggrish

[QUOTE="walkingdream"]I don't get it where's the advantage to sony in the specs? Apparently we don't even know 720s GPU and both CPUS are the same. While the RAM differences haven't been finalised yet? ReadingRainbow4

The ram ps4 will be using is extremely fast, thereby removing one of the biggest issue consoles face, bottlenecks between memory.

Surely that's more of a dwindling return though? I mean DDR3 is plenty fast enough surely? Why would it need to be faster than that when something else will bottleneck instead, such as bridges between chips, or bridges between the stupidly fast RAM and the chip?

walkingdream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 walkingdream

[QUOTE="ReadingRainbow4"]

[QUOTE="walkingdream"]I don't get it where's the advantage to sony in the specs? Apparently we don't even know 720s GPU and both CPUS are the same. While the RAM differences haven't been finalised yet? _Matt_

Surely that's more of a dwindling return though? I mean DDR3 is plenty fast enough surely? Why would it need to be faster than that when something else will bottleneck instead, such as bridges between chips, or bridges between the stupidly fast RAM and the chip?

I was gonna say i have 16gb of DDR3 In my PC and it seems more than fast enough to run things :P So long as the GPU and CPU are reasonably close the RAM won't matter all that much if you have enough of it ;)
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 ReadingRainbow4

[QUOTE="walkingdream"]I don't get it where's the advantage to sony in the specs? Apparently we don't even know 720s GPU and both CPUS are the same. While the RAM differences haven't been finalised yet? _Matt_

I can't comment on much more other than this thing is going to be using ram that's higher end than most PC's.

I personally have 6gb ddr3. But you also have to consider that PC games are not made in the same way as console exclusives, which are built around predetermined hardware. This could lead to some exciting things in the exclusives department potentially.

Multiplats, I'm honestly not sure how much of an improvement, if any at all we see unless sony starts paying devs again to make sure their version of the game is better.

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 ReadingRainbow4

[QUOTE="_Matt_"]

walkingdream

I was gonna say i have 16gb of DDR3 In my PC and it seems more than fast enough to run things :P So long as the GPU and CPU are reasonably close the RAM won't matter all that much if you have enough of it ;)

It's less about the size and more about the speed.

applications rarely use over 2gb. why sony wants to stick 8gb to compare with MS honestly has me puzzled.

Microsoft must have some bloated Kinect embodied interface is all I can think of.

TheXFiles88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 TheXFiles88
Member since 2008 • 1040 Posts

The Power of The Cell Strikes Again!kuraimen

HOORAY! TEH POWER OF THE CELL!!! :lol:

inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 inggrish

[QUOTE="_Matt_"]

ReadingRainbow4

I can't comment on much more other than this thing is going to be using ram that's higher end than most PC's.

I personally have 6gb ddr3. But you also have to consider that PC games are not made in the same way as console exclusives, which are built around predetermined hardware. This could lead to some exciting things in the exclusives department potentially.

Multiplats, I'm honestly not sure how much of an improvement, if any at all we see unless sony starts paying devs again to make sure their version of the game is better.

My point is less speed of the components themselves, but more can the components communicate with EACH OTHER fast enough that this RAM actually has any benefit being this fast? I mean if say the RAM was at 5GHz (I can't remember what speed it is meant to be), but the bridge had a narrow transfer rate, then that extra speed will be completely useless and unused.

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 ReadingRainbow4

[QUOTE="_Matt_"]

_Matt_

My point is less speed of the components themselves, but more can the components communicate with EACH OTHER fast enough that this RAM actually has any benefit being this fast? I mean if say the RAM was at 5GHz (I can't remember what speed it is meant to be), but the bridge had a narrow transfer rate, then that extra speed will be completely useless and unused.

I'm sure sony thought of that, that seems like an oversight only nintendo would make.

details are still scarce but things are looking promising, we'll know for sure soon enough.

inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 inggrish

[QUOTE="_Matt_"]

ReadingRainbow4

I'm sure sony thought of that, that seems like an oversight only nintendo would make.

details are still scarce but things are looking promising, we'll know for sure soon enough.

Of course, I would hope so too, but you never know, there were many oversights made by all companies last gen hardware wise (e.g: split RAM PS3, rushed hardware 360, weak power wii).

I will agree though, it is looking promising, I am excited to hear more :)

walkingdream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 walkingdream

[QUOTE="walkingdream"][QUOTE="_Matt_"]

ReadingRainbow4

applications rarely use over 2gb. why sony wants to stick 8gb to compare with MS honestly has me puzzled.

Microsoft must have some bloated Kinect embodied interface is all I can think of.

probably :P I just think it's a bit overkill for people to count M$ out yet. I mean we don't even know the specs of Microsofts GPU! Which i think is probably much more important than the Ram for running graphics.
inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 inggrish

[QUOTE="walkingdream"] I was gonna say i have 16gb of DDR3 In my PC and it seems more than fast enough to run things :P So long as the GPU and CPU are reasonably close the RAM won't matter all that much if you have enough of it ;)walkingdream

probably :P I just think it's a bit overkill for people to count M$ out yet. I mean we don't even know the specs of Microsofts GPU! Which i think is probably much more important than the Ram for running graphics.

Too Right. I think this coming gen will have the PS4 and NextBox neck and neck hardware wise, if rumours are true, boith machines will be pretty sweet and worth having if there are the games.

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 ReadingRainbow4

[QUOTE="walkingdream"][QUOTE="ReadingRainbow4"]

_Matt_

Too Right. I think this coming gen will have the PS4 and NextBox neck and neck hardware wise, if rumours are true, boith machines will be pretty sweet and worth having if there are the games.

well I mean comon guys this is system wars :P

xbox 720 could still be good, I'm only more excited for sony because they have the IP's I want and the devs.

It's all about the games afterall, but MS was supposed to be revealing some new stuff soon also. I just hope it's not kinect sesame street or some crap.