miahz1986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 miahz1986
Member since 2015 • 18 Posts

It's funny how Microsoft believe software and cloud computing is the future and makes a huge difference. Heck they must even think elephants can fly.

Moving on... If this was the case then any tom, dick or harry can have a low range card graphic card in a PC and get boost in CPU/GPU LOL

Cloud computing I hardly seen any games using this future but then again doesn't make a huge difference. Imagine the servers go down or anything like that then cloud computing is MUTE. Same goes for Digital games LOL and yes Microsoft think the future is digital (good luck with that).

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#52 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60718 Posts

So PS4 is the world's most powerful video game console in the history of video games and Ron agrees. No more needs to be said. The power, prestige and current gen 8 sales leader, the illustrious PS4.

Avatar image for slimdogmilionar
slimdogmilionar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#53 slimdogmilionar
Member since 2014 • 1343 Posts

@jaz_0: True AMD and NVIIDIA don't support all features of Dx12, but the Xbox would most likely have support for it. It's like saying Apple would make a new device that won't support Metal. Both the X1 and dx12 were being developed at the same time. It would be stupid and bad business if MS let every other manufacturer have full Dx12 support and theirs don't, especially considering the Xbox is named after direct x.

I don't think its a big deal, even if Xbox did "match" Ps4 it's not really that big of an improvement in my eyes. There's not really a big difference between the games now, that's why everyone waits for DF to point them out.

TrooperManaic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 TrooperManaic
Member since 2004 • 3863 Posts

Straight up how xbone users have been viewing directx 12 since its announcement.

AnthonyAutumns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#57  Edited By AnthonyAutumns
Member since 2014 • 1704 Posts

@lostrib: LOL I just noticed.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12063 Posts

Show me!

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts
@blackace said:

The Cloud Tech was just the beginning. lol!! Where's my popcorn. This is going to get good. We just need El Tormo and GrenandeLicker now and this thread is ready to go. Let the Cows meltdowns and salty tears begin.

This is more fake than you being a manticore..hahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 tormentos

@slimdogmilionar said:

@jaz_0: True AMD and NVIIDIA don't support all features of Dx12, but the Xbox would most likely have support for it. It's like saying Apple would make a new device that won't support Metal. Both the X1 and dx12 were being developed at the same time. It would be stupid and bad business if MS let every other manufacturer have full Dx12 support and theirs don't, especially considering the Xbox is named after direct x.

I don't think its a big deal, even if Xbox did "match" Ps4 it's not really that big of an improvement in my eyes. There's not really a big difference between the games now, that's why everyone waits for DF to point them out.

If the xbox one match the PS4 i would give away my PS4 free and buy an xbox one...lol

Having parity between some crappy game and actually matching the PS4 power are 2 different things.

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By NyaDC
Member since 2014 • 8006 Posts

People around here and in general don't seem to understand that hardware doesn't just drive itself, it's reliant on software to properly be made use of. The physical hardware inside the Xbox One (GPU) cannot match the PlayStation 4's, that is and will always be what it is, that however doesn't mean that the console itself cannot match it or even exceed it in performance output. Your hardware is only as capable as your software allows it to be, if Microsoft's DirectX 12 API and tool set is so refined and optimized to squeeze every possible bit of power out of this hardware, it's not crazy to think that those numbers are realistic.

Obviously this is a wait and see kind of situation but I wouldn't doubt it on the predication of simply not knowing whether it is or is not possible. This could turn out to be something fantastic and game changing for this console generation, so all we can do is be hopeful, it wouldn't be a bad thing regardless of who you are or what platform you support. If this is true it would actually help the PlayStation 4 as well, the level for parity on multi-platform games would increase and it would benefit everyone.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

@SerOlmy said:

Considering it is an AMD GPU and the huge performance gains they are getting in DX12 due to parallel instead of sequential processing I don't find this terribly surprising. The question is can devs really take advantage of all the new features in a timely fashion and translate the DX12 performance gains into actual framerate/post-processing improvements.

The reason why AMD has large gains from DX12 is mostly due to AMD's PC DX11 drivers are sub-par i.e. lacking any MT scaling and higher than NVIDIA draw call cost. DX12 forces MT scaling and low draw call cost.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 tormentos

@nyadc said:

People around here and in general don't seem to understand that hardware doesn't just drive itself, it's reliant on software to properly be made use of. The physical hardware inside the Xbox One (GPU) cannot match the PlayStation 4's, that is and will always be what it is, that however doesn't mean that the console itself cannot match it or even exceed it in performance output. Your hardware is only as capable as your software allows it to be, if Microsoft's DirectX 12 API and tool set is so refined and optimized to squeeze every possible bit of power out of this hardware, it's not crazy to think that those numbers are realistic.

Obviously this is a wait and see kind of situation but I wouldn't doubt it on the predication of simply not knowing whether it is or not possible. This could turn out to be something fantastic and game changing for this console generation, so all we can do is be hopeful, it wouldn't be a bad thing regardless of who you are or what platform you support. If this is true it would actually help the PlayStation 4 as well, the level for parity on multi-platform games would increase and it would benefit everyone.

So one one side you claim the XBO GPU can't match the PS4 one,then after it you claim that it doesn't mean it can't match it or exceed it.?

Talking about contradictions...

For the xbox one to match of exceed the PS4,its tools most be totally and completely broken,which is not the case the PS4 tool are even more efficient than MS ones,so basically there is no way the xbox one can match or exceed the PS4,if the developer chose to push both platforms to their limits the xbox one will fall behind.

Is fake bro don't lose your sleep over this,the xbox one is not getting 50% more performance out of its CPU.

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#64 ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

Lemmings will believe anything.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 ronvalencia

@tormentos said:
@nyadc said:

Obviously this is a wait and see kind of situation but I wouldn't doubt it on the predication of simply not knowing whether it is or not possible. This could turn out to be something fantastic and game changing for this console generation, so all we can do is be hopeful, it wouldn't be a bad thing regardless of who you are or what platform you support. If this is true it would actually help the PlayStation 4 as well, the level for parity on multi-platform games would increase and it would benefit everyone.

So one one side you claim the XBO GPU can't match the PS4 one,then after it you claim that it doesn't mean it can't match it or exceed it.?

For the xbox one to match of exceed the PS4,its tools most be totally and completely broken,which is not the case the PS4 tool are even more efficient than MS ones,so basically there is no way the xbox one can match or exceed the PS4,if the developer chose to push both platforms to their limits the xbox one will fall behind.

Is fake bro don't lose your sleep over this,the xbox one is not getting 50% more performance out of its CPU.

Software is about contradictions, hence the results for XBO beating PS4 in some cases.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 tormentos

@ronvalencia said:

Software is about contradictions, hence the results for XBO beating PS4 in some cases.

The xbox one beating the PS4 is the result of lazy ass developers not going the extra mile no fu**ing matter how a game is code an R250X will not beat a R265.

This news is more fake than you...lol

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By NyaDC

@tormentos said:
@nyadc said:

There is not one contradiction in my post, I think you need an English lesson. Weaker hardware can exceed the performance of stronger hardware if the software is far more refined and efficient. This is Microsoft we're talking about here, they're THE software giant in the world, if anyone could do something like this it is them. Also Sony's tool's being more efficient than Microsoft's current tools for DirectX 11 isn't saying much, it's not saying much at all.

This is a completely new API, it's hardware they had designed to their specifications with this API in mind, we have no idea of what it's capable of. DirectX 12 changes resource management and communication between the hardware completely, so your assertions are based off of knowledge you do not possess, your assertions are armchair conjecture and nothing more.

Stop talking about things you don't know as if you do, you're the conjecture queen of System Wars and it's getting old.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By ronvalencia

@tormentos said:
@ronvalencia said:

The xbox one beating the PS4 is the result of lazy ass developers not going the extra mile no fu**ing matter how a game is code an R250X will not beat a R265.

This news is more fake than you...lol

Mobile Intel Core i7-3635QM + 8870M will beat/rival mobile AMD A10 + 7970M.

Mobile Intel Core i7-3635QM + 7970M will beat mobile AMD A10 + 7970M.

This topic's news follows from earlier topic e.g.

http://www.gamezone.com/news/dx12-adding-20-performance-increase-on-pc-even-more-on-xbox-one-3423420

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/dx12-adding-20-performance-increase-on-pc-more-on--32335347/#470

The only false claims are your "DX12 will do nothing for XBO".

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 tormentos

@ronvalencia said:

http://www.gamezone.com/news/dx12-adding-20-performance-increase-on-pc-even-more-on-xbox-one-3423420

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/dx12-adding-20-performance-increase-on-pc-more-on--32335347/#470

This proves you are a die hard lemming...

So i say a R250X will never beat a R265 and you use 2 examples showing the same GPU with different CPU.

First thing you have to prove to me for your stupid argument to be valid is that an R250X and R265 are the same GPU power wise.

By the way this is Fake look down you butthurt lemming.

@nyadc said:

There is not one contradiction in my post, I think you need an English lesson. Weaker hardware can exceed the performance of stronger hardware if the software is far more refined and efficient. This is Microsoft we're talking about here, they're THE software giant in the world, if anyone could do something like this it is them. Also Sony's tool's being more efficient than Microsoft's current tools for DirectX 11 isn't saying much, it's not saying much at all.

This is a completely new API, it's hardware they had designed to their specifications with this API in mind, we have no idea of what it's capable of. DirectX 12 changes resource management and communication between the hardware completely, so your assertions are based off of knowledge you do not possess, your assertions are armchair conjecture and nothing more.

Stop talking about things you don't know as if you do, you're the conjecture queen of System Wars and it's getting old.

No that happen when one software is screw up,so the stronger hardware has mess up tools yeah the weaker one could top it or match it.

This is MS the same company that has been behind tool wise vs the PS4 all this gen,while sony was using async shaders from launch MS first game that use it is Tomb Raider which hit this holiday,basically 2 years after sony,MS is not matching sony tool wise sony API are really slim more so than DX12 will ever be.

The xbox one doesn't use DX11,it uses DX11.x which i am sure it gone by now,as Tomb Raider come in just a few months and use async shaders which is a DX12 feature,so basically they are using it,and the XBO had some DX12 features since launch.

The hardware inside the xbox one isn't design by MS is DX11 hardware done by AMD,GCN exist since 2011,the xbox one landed on 2013 2 years after.

The article in this thread.

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/dn899121(v=vs.85).aspx

The real article....Is not a leak this come from MS page as you can see the whole 50% and 20% GPU was added and the link TC uses don't quote a source,i just effectively destroyed this thread...

Hahahahahaahaa......

Damn i should change my name from Tormentos to,""Hope Dasher"" or ""Spirit Squasher"".....

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 ronvalencia

@nyadc said:
@tormentos said:
@nyadc said:

Using Tomorrows Children as an example http://fumufumu.q-games.com/archives/TheTechnologyOfTomorrowsChildrenFinal.pdf

They went from 33 ms to 27 ms by using Async and that's about around 20% improvement for this game. This game only targets GCN arch (PS4).

The above example shows already low CPU overhead APIs (PS4) extracting additional effective performance from Async compute usage. The example is also applicable for XBO.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 tormentos

@ronvalencia said:

Using Tomorrows Children as an example http://fumufumu.q-games.com/archives/TheTechnologyOfTomorrowsChildrenFinal.pdf

They went from 33 ms to 27 ms by using Async and that's about around 20% improvement for this game. This game only targets GCN arch (PS4).

The above example shows already low CPU overhead APIs (PS4) extracting additional effective performance from Async compute usage. The example is also applicable for XBO.

Keep the hopes alive the xbox one api will never be as slim as the PS4 one,and the xbox one will be behind always all gen long..hahahahaa

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#72 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts
@SerOlmy said:

Considering it is an AMD GPU and the huge performance gains they are getting in DX12 due to parallel instead of sequential processing I don't find this terribly surprising. The question is can devs really take advantage of all the new features in a timely fashion and translate the DX12 performance gains into actual framerate/post-processing improvements.

That's what I'm patiently waiting to see. We will know next year I'm sure. Maybe even before that time if we're lucky.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 ronvalencia

@tormentos said:
@ronvalencia said:

This proves you are a die hard lemming...

So i say a R250X will never beat a R265 and you use 2 examples showing the same GPU with different CPU.

First thing you have to prove to me for your stupid argument to be valid is that an R250X and R265 are the same GPU power wise.

By the way this is Fake look down you butthurt lemming.

@nyadc said:

No that happen when one software is screw up,so the stronger hardware has mess up tools yeah the weaker one could top it or match it.

This is MS the same company that has been behind tool wise vs the PS4 all this gen,while sony was using async shaders from launch MS first game that use it is Tomb Raider which hit this holiday,basically 2 years after sony,MS is not matching sony tool wise sony API are really slim more so than DX12 will ever be.

The xbox one doesn't use DX11,it uses DX11.x which i am sure it gone by now,as Tomb Raider come in just a few months and use async shaders which is a DX12 feature,so basically they are using it,and the XBO had some DX12 features since launch.

The hardware inside the xbox one isn't design by MS is DX11 hardware done by AMD,GCN exist since 2011,the xbox one landed on 2013 2 years after.

The real article....Is not a leak this come from MS page as you can see the whole 50% and 20% GPU was added and the link TC uses don't quote a source,i just effectively destroyed this thread...

Hahahahahaahaa......

Damn i should change my name from Tormentos to,""Hope Dasher"" or ""Spirit Squasher"".....

You made general statement on R7-250X vs R7-265 and I made specific scenario with multiple results that rendered a general case false.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By blackace

@jaz_0 said:

Similar to Nvidia, AMD won’t support some features of DirectX 12 as well. AMD’s Robert Hallock said that there is not a single graphics card with “full support” for DirectX 12 in the market right now.

He wrote:

I think gamers are learning an important lesson: there’s no such thing as “full support” for DX12 on the market today.

There have been many attempts to distract people from this truth through campaigns that deliberately conflate feature levels, individual untiered features and the definition of “support.” This has been confusing, and caused so much unnecessary heartache and rumor-mongering.

He went on to say that every GPU comes with its unique architecture, and none have full support for DirectX 12 right now.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For those ignorant Boners who think DirectX 12 will add new features to the Xbone's current hardware.

Fortunately for XBoners (as you call them) Microsoft and AMD worked together so that the XB1 is built to "full support" DX12. This has been a known fact for a long time. XB1 CPU/GPU was customized to fully support DX12. Maybe you were too busy trolling and missed that announcement.

******************************************************************************************************************

@misterpmedia said:

Lems still clinging to the secret sauce still? We're about knocking on the door of 2016 and it's still not revealed? Any way, this thread already delivered with Blacklem going full and all in lem with his bright green leminess.

Cows still hoping, praying, and wishing that DX12/Win10 is imaginary and will never see the light of day.... just like the Cloud Tech (or wait a minute... lol!!). Poor Cows. It's only going to get worst for you trolls.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By ronvalencia

@jaz_0 said:
@slimdogmilionar said:

Wow. This is one of the most moronic statements I've read. The XBone will never receive full DX12 support, period. AMD has admitted that NONE of their recent and past hardware are built to support all of DX12's new, exclusive features. This includes the hardware in both the Xbone and PS4. Even the Fury isn't built to support all of DX12's feature levels. There is nothing Microsoft can to do change this... Unless they decide to upgrade the APU in the XBone.

Dang... Some of you people need to start getting in touch with your common sense. Microsoft has no power over Nvidia and AMD. It doesn't matter what Microsoft thinks. They can't force full DX12 support on a hardware that isn't built to support it.

As for DirectX12 (Feature 12_1)'s ROVs, recent testing done by Christophe Riccio

AMD enables ROV features in OpenGL

As for DirectX12 (Feature 12_1)'s CR(Conservative Rasterization)

Read http://devgurus.amd.com/message/1308511

Question:

I need for my application that every drawing produce at least one pixel output (even if this is an empty triangle = 3 identical points). NVidia have an extension (GL_NV_conservative_raster) to enable such a mode (on Maxwell+ cards). Is there a similar extension on AMD cards

Answer (from AMD):

Some of our hardware can support functionality similar to that in the NVIDIA extension you mention, but we are currently not shipping an extension of our own. We will likely hold off until we can come to a consensus with other hardware vendors on a common extension before exposing the feature, but it will come in time.

Holding CR extensions for the future releases.

PS4 is not limited by AMD's PC DX12 driver implementation.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 blackace

@tormentos said:
@blackace said:

The Cloud Tech was just the beginning. lol!! Where's my popcorn. This is going to get good. We just need El Tormo and GrenandeLicker now and this thread is ready to go. Let the Cows meltdowns and salty tears begin.

This is more fake than you being a manticore..hahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Oh there you are. Our salty butthurt and misinformed Cow Jester of SW. I got a present for you. You're going to need a lot of these in your future.

http://images.wikia.com/glee/images/0/0f/Kleercut-kleenex.jpg

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 ronvalencia
@tormentos said:
@ronvalencia said:

Keep the hopes alive the xbox one api will never be as slim as the PS4 one,and the xbox one will be behind always all gen long..hahahahaa

It's better than "DX12 will do nothing" claims.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 tormentos

@ronvalencia said:

You made general statement on R7-250X vs R7-265 and I made specific scenario with multiple results that rendered a general case false.

No i make a on the spot guess the xbox one is more or less like a R250X and the PS4 an R265 there is no parity between this GPU,and you make a comparison that suck ass because the xbox one and PS4 don't have the same GPU while the comparison you did used the same GPU under different CPU worse you chose a comparison using an i7 vs a A10 what the fu** yeah because an A10 will beat an i7 right.?

Basically you make an irrelevant as shit comparison in your endless quest to prove the xbox one is as powerful as the PS4 fool.

@blackace said:

Oh there you are. Our salty butthurt and misinformed Cow Jester of SW. I got a present for you. You're going to need a lot of these in your future.

@tormentos said:

The thread ended here didn't you notice it Bl4ckace.?

Hahahahaa Secret sauce deny again,thread backfire again..hahahahahaaa

miahz1986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By miahz1986

@nyadc said:
@tormentos said:
@nyadc said:

If weaker hardware can exceed performance of stronger hardware due to software optimisation then majority of the people around the world would not even bother upgrading their GPU/CPU on the PC LOL even with the help of DirectX 12. Previous DirectX didn't do anything ground breaking. Otherwise we would have seen software overtake hardware. There is no way software optimization can outperform nor exceed a pure hardware that is already superior which in a la PS4 vs Xbox One.

Microsoft the software giant in the world? I think you might need to rephrase that I am pretty certain they lost that rank after Windows 7. Let me go into details and give your brain a restart. After Windows 7 everything went downhill. Windows 8, 8.1, Windows Phone 7, Windows Phone 8 and now Windows 10. Let's even add the Xbox One (current dashboard). Awful. New dashboard update for Xbox One coming November and as of yet still does NOT fix these problems;

1. Multiple downloads?
  2. Remaining download time for app, game or update?
  3. Faster (than Xbox 360) when it comes to joining/creating party, viewing achievements etc?
  4. Game installation (from disc only) now faster?
  5. No detailed info regarding whether if the update or game disc is being installed rather than one percentage eg 25% complete?

To me Microsoft lost plot. They can't even fix the basic problems. This new Xbox One update is more about eye candy and few other little extras added eg BC. That about it really.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 blackace

Stay delusional El Tormo. We like you that way. Anything you write on here is meaningless to everyone on here. LOL!!

Spitfire-Six

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 Spitfire-Six
Member since 2014 • 1378 Posts

@miahz1986: You understand that a Driver is software correct? You understand that most of Nvidia's domination comes from Optimization of their drivers Correct?

rest of your post is just nonsense.

miahz1986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 miahz1986

@spitfire-six: I know what drivers / software are. No matter how much tweaking you do with software on xbox one, it will not suprass the true hardware power of the ps4.

Go back under the rock you just crawled out from.

Spitfire-Six

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 Spitfire-Six

@miahz1986: All things even the Xbox one 12 cu's will never outclass 18 cu's all things even. However all things are not even.

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By NyaDC

@spitfire-six said:

@miahz1986: All things even the Xbox one 12 cu's will never outclass 18 cu's all things even. However all things are not even.

And that is the point, these guys seem to be under the impression that hardware just works, or hits its maximum performance output by magic. It's all software, software is what drives the hardware, the better the software the better the hardware will perform.

If Microsoft makes more efficient software than Sony, it will use its hardware to a higher degree thus shrinking the gap.

Spitfire-Six

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 Spitfire-Six

@nyadc: Its getting to the point that its annoying to read Rovlencia constantly repeating the same things and some of these posters either dont read it or cant comprehend it and continue to just post shit. It would be understandable if they actually made points but its just shit. Which is a shame because we could have legit graphic discussions the information is available all it takes is some reading.

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By NyaDC
@spitfire-six said:

@nyadc: Its getting to the point that its annoying to read Rovlencia constantly repeating the same things and some of these posters either dont read it or cant comprehend it and continue to just post shit. It would be understandable if they actually made points but its just shit. Which is a shame because we could have legit graphic discussions the information is available all it takes is some reading.

You have to remember where we are, this place isn't actually System Wars when you get down to it, it's Casual Wars. It's a culmination of console gamer excrement who don't know their assholes from their elbows and try to discuss computing far beyond their levels of fundamental comprehension. It's like being a mechanic trying to have an in depth automotive discussion with a soccer mom, she can act like she's informed of what you're talking about, but it's plain to see that it's all a facade.

But I mean what can you expect, it's a bunch of console gamers. I'm not saying they're all ignorant, however the reality is that a gross and overwhelmingly vast majority of them are, their knowledge extends to "my console has an on and off button and plays games".

Look at people like Tormentos for example, you can tell he doesn't actually know anything, he just compiles what he's read elsewhere into semi-cohesive posts and thinks he knows how to quantify it into an argument, it's pathetic.

Spitfire-Six

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 Spitfire-Six

@magicalclick said:

@spitfire-six:

I think you are the one missing it. TC did not say it will be faster than PS4 and you just went off topic brings comparison to PS4. TC said there is a leaked info about performance improvements due to better hardware utilization using DX12 vs DX11. And I think you cows just moo at every DX12 thread without even reading it.

WTH are you talking about? Did you even read? Maybe you have me confused with someone else.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a30e101a977c
deactivated-5a30e101a977c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#91  Edited By deactivated-5a30e101a977c
Member since 2006 • 5970 Posts

Nice cow reaction, so predictable. They've already got their panties in a bunch

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By ronvalencia

@tormentos:

You have used R7-250X and R7-265 which are PC SKU examples and you didn't limit your generalizations.

If you are going to use PC SKU examples to reflect XBO vs PS4 comparisons,

XBO ~= Pitcairn ES i.e. 12 CU (768 stream processors) at 860 Mhz (1.32 TFLOPS), 153.6 GB/s, dual tessellation units)

PS4 ~= R7-265 i.e. 16 CU at 900 Mhz (1.89 TFLOPS), 179 GB/s, dual tessellation units.

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/768-shader-pitcairn-review,3196.html

XBO's split render target (frame buffer write DDR3 68 GB/s + ESRAM 104 GB/s) + 48 TMU workaround for 16 ROPS. + dual tessellation units ~= Pitcairn ES's 153.6 GB/s memory bandwidth. Avalanche Studios (Mad Max) has devised the 16 ROPS workaround with 48 TMUs i.e. memory bandwidth bound.

XBO's with just 68 GB/s DDR3 memory usage ~= 7770/R7-250X or down clocked R7-260 at 853Mhz.

PS4 ~= R7-265. it's simple.

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

LOL I wonder how long it would be before this turned up here.

It's fake. The word frequently wouldn't be misspelt in a technical document.

@tymeservesfate owned in his own thread. @blackace is looking pretty stupid too.

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 zeeshanhaider
Member since 2004 • 5524 Posts

LOL SoloXboxOne? The ****?

Avatar image for deactivated-5a44ec138c1e6
deactivated-5a44ec138c1e6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#95 deactivated-5a44ec138c1e6
Member since 2013 • 2638 Posts

@blackace said:

true dat...

dis gon b gud.

Daious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 Daious
Member since 2013 • 2315 Posts

Are people seriously believing this?

Wickerman777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By Wickerman777
Member since 2013 • 2164 Posts

I don't doubt that DX12 will improve X1's performance. What remains to be seen is by how much. But I don't see it making much of a difference when it comes to the X1/PS4 graphics gap because surely Sony is going to make software improvements to their console as well. Both systems will get more efficient as time goes on.

Hood_Honky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 Hood_Honky
Member since 2015 • 979 Posts

I really don't understand you losers that are more worried about power than games. Its pathetic really.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56242 Posts

@Zero_epyon said:
@blackace said:

Remember the last time you went full lem on DX12 news?

Yeah I haven't forgotten about blackace meltdown lol. But let's be serious out this, there's nothing that uses DX12 yet. Didn't see the point in talking about it. [For now at least]

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 tormentos

@magicalclick said:

@Zero_epyon:

50 performance is likely related to multi-threaded draw calls that XboxOne cannot easily do as of now (no XboxOne games are using multi-threaded draw calls because DX11 doesn't support it and it would require considerable amount of specialized code to use low level XboxOne API.

So everyone is ignoring the fact that i just prove this to be fake.? Hahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Dude is fake,someone toon that part from MS own page and added the part about 50% GPU and 20% GPU in reality it doesn't say that is not a leak and is fake.

@blackace said:

Stay delusional El Tormo. We like you that way. Anything you write on here is meaningless to everyone on here. LOL!!

But but but 720p and 900p games will be over by 2015..hahahhaaaa

@spitfire-six said:

@miahz1986: You understand that a Driver is software correct? You understand that most of Nvidia's domination comes from Optimization of their drivers Correct?

rest of your post is just nonsense.

Totally irrelevant,because you are comparing Nvidia vs AMD,in this case is AMD vs AMD on the same line of GPU the only difference is that one is stronger than the other.

There is no way a R250X can beat a R265 is IMPOSSIBLE,because that imply that.

1-A GPU will improve performance way over its peak.

2- And B GPU will which is stronger will improve nothing.

This ^^ goes against everything hardware stand for,worse the xbox one tools are not as slim as sony tools because MS use DX12,which is good and streamline but still has legacy on it and still is made to work with a broad line of hardware instead of focus on just 1,hell DX12 on xbox one is slimmer already than the PC version.

http://www.anandtech.com/bench/product/1127?vs=1126

This is the reality there is no parity because the PS4 has some great tools,which mean the xbox one will not out do it ever,but even if MS had better tools the gap is to much to over come by software period.

@spitfire-six said:

Yep they are not even.

The PS4 has a power advantage.

A Memory structure advantage.

And a API advantage which is why the gap has been as big as 720p vs 1080p.

The miserable few mhz the xbox one has on its CPU will serve it for nothing,is already proven.

@nyadc said:

And that is the point, these guys seem to be under the impression that hardware just works, or hits its maximum performance output by magic. It's all software, software is what drives the hardware, the better the software the better the hardware will perform.

If Microsoft makes more efficient software than Sony, it will use its hardware to a higher degree thus shrinking the gap.

That is the problem they don't they use as base DX12 that no matter how slim it looks is not as clean as sony's API which share no legacy at all with anything,they are make to take advantage of the PS4 hardware period.

But even if MS had a better API still would do nothing,the hardware gap is too great.

@nyadc said:

Look at people like Tormentos for example, you can tell he doesn't actually know anything, he just compiles what he's read elsewhere into semi-cohesive posts and thinks he knows how to quantify it into an argument, it's pathetic.

Let me tell you this,it doesn't matter if you try to pretend that you know what your talking about fancy wording doesn't = knowledge,and that is your problem,the only reason why you say that is because i don't eat that sh** you people do,there is no fu**ing way the xbox one can match or exceed the PS4 when both are properly coded is IMPOSSIBLE they use the same GPU and CPU with a few difference,the GPU is 2 class over the xbox one GPU and the CPU on xbox one is 150mhz faster which amount to nothing basically.

http://www.anandtech.com/bench/product/1127?vs=1126

This ^^ is a FACT.

So the only one making shit up is you B4X,it is you making delusional claims.

@magicalclick said:

@spitfire-six:

I think you are the one missing it. TC did not say it will be faster than PS4 and you just went off topic brings comparison to PS4. TC said there is a leaked info about performance improvements due to better hardware utilization using DX12 vs DX11. And I think you cows just moo at every DX12 thread without even reading it.

Hahahaaha you make a mistake,you just called spitfire six a cow..hahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa He is as much as a cow as you are...In fact he is cheering for DX12 as well...hahahahaa

By the way it is fake....

@FastRobby said:

Nice cow reaction, so predictable. They've already got their panties in a bunch

@tormentos said:

Is fake...hahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa