DF Interviews Playground Games; Find out why Forza is "best-in-class."

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

User Lists: 0

#151 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49576 Posts
[QUOTE="tagyhag"]It looks great, but 30fps smh.parkurtommo
Woot templar assassin!! :P Anyways stevo being half-lemming as always.

Are you still bitter about not knowing most of those PC games?
Badosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#152 Badosh
Member since 2011 • 12774 Posts
Actually kinda want this game, so meh.
Rockman999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#153 Rockman999
Member since 2005 • 7507 Posts

See this is why Western devs are so much more superior to Japanese developers. It took PolyD 6 years and a virtually unlimited budget to release an unfinished and underwhelming GT5 meanwhile Playground games took at most 3 years to make this baby.

The_Game21x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#154 The_Game21x
Member since 2005 • 26440 Posts

See this is why Western devs are so much more superior to Japanese developers. It took PolyD 6 years and a virtually unlimited budget to release an unfinished and underwhelming GT5 meanwhile Playground games took at most 3 years to make this baby.

Rockman999

You'll get no argument from me in that regard.

CanYouDiglt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 CanYouDiglt
Member since 2009 • 8474 Posts

Rockman999

It is amazing how poor and unfinished GT was considering the time and budget they had. They even had all the profit from the $40 demo to help with the final game. Poly is just living off of the name they created when they were pretty much the only big console racer. If the game was not a Sony exclusive and had the fanboys hyping the game for the simple fact it is exclusive then GT would be a distant memory now. They really need to knock it out of the park on the next one if they hope to ever stay relavant anymore.

HAZE-Unit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 HAZE-Unit
Member since 2007 • 10564 Posts

The game visually is incredible but Im wondering if it has enough content ?

I mean is free roaming fun? or does is it feel empty like the demo?

is there variety in races?

I'd like to buy it but I don't want to get tired of the game quick.

HAZE-Unit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157 HAZE-Unit
Member since 2007 • 10564 Posts

Rockman999

Japan is general took a hit when this gen came, they were not prepared for the HD development cycles and cost, however, they are slowly being back on track but still they need to figure it out and be aggressive starting with next-gen , they have a chance to be back competing with the top next-gen, we need more variety, I need more variety in my gaming.

oh and GT5 was an incredible game and it's already been released so I don't know what do you mean by unfinished?

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#158 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60718 Posts
[QUOTE="TheEroica"][QUOTE="Heil68"][QUOTE="spiderluck"] hmm ...good question...Personally i love being able to drive full speed and trying to dodge oncoming traffic...plus i really like being able to adjust settings since i'm not that much of a sim freak..as much as i love forza 4 driving in an open world is a satisfying experience...for me anyways...plus it's easy on the eyes

I'll try the demo tonight then, I'm guessing I'll still wait for the price drop, but well see. I really want to try the new NFS game too on Pc since Burnout guys made it.

I played the demo last night and it was pretty WOW worthy I have to say... I can't tell you how much I love the transition of feel as the car goes from dirt to pavement... Its gorgeous and it begs you to shove the pedal to the floor... Gonna get mine around xmas... What did you think of the fable journey demo heil?

I'll probably get mine around then too, I imagine there will be a $20 price drop by then(2 monhts). Fable Journey(lol) you say? It's probably the best looking Kinect game I've played thus far, but again the accuracy of the controls is not 100% and that leads to frustrations. My Kinect(lol)is perfectly calibrated too but at times it was a challenge to shoot your spells in the proper direction. The Troll boss was cool and i like how you can move from side to side by leaning, but in the end a on rails fable game with Kinect as its only controls wasn't that great. What did you think?
CanYouDiglt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 CanYouDiglt
[QUOTE="HAZE-Unit"]

The game visually is incredible but Im wondering if it has enough content ?

I mean is free roaming fun? or does is it feel empty like the demo?

is there variety in races?

I'd like to buy it but I don't want to get tired of the game quick.

I can not say if the free roam will be fun for you but I am having a blast. It is fun after buying or winning a new car just crank around the world. The world is not dead either there are planty of cars with some you can challenge to races. The world is beautiful also. There is a good amount of varity from racing against a hot air balloon or a helicopter, street racing where you have to dodge incomming traffic, stunts, the story racing which is the normal racing, you can challenge cars to a race while driving around the world. Plenty of ways to win cars from multiplayer, race events, barn finds, gifts from Playground. You obviously can buy them also.
CanYouDiglt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 CanYouDiglt
After taking a few runs through the demo, I've decided to pick Horizon up. Probably the last racer I'll buy this gen, even if I do hate the $50 Season Pass (Forza Horizon=$110.00 :( ) getyeryayasout
Well you do not need to get the season pass. For the most part it is just more cars. There is the Rally dlc but that can be bought stand alone.
jessejay420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 jessejay420
Member since 2011 • 4091 Posts

Arcade racer, no thanks.

Z-Fatalis
800 PS2 Car Models.No Thanks.
jessejay420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 jessejay420

Huh...I guess that makes Forza Horizon the new console graphics king. :D

A label I wouldn't have a problem applying since Forza Horizon is absolutely gorgeous in every respect.

The_Game21x
Horizon even Outscored GT5. Forza is just the better Series. :)
jessejay420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 jessejay420
[QUOTE="PhazonBlazer"]

[QUOTE="Z-Fatalis"]

Arcade racer, no thanks.

JohnnyCageMK

So what do you call Little Big Planet Karting?

And why would any racing game fan limit themselves to only 1 kind lol. Cows have nothing to say anymore other than to claim they hate genres now.

True. their Jelousy for Forza is showing.
jessejay420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 jessejay420

Yes, DF once again making the fanboys happy.

If you need a website to make you feel better about your system, then you have problems.

ShadowMoses900
Nope. its just further proof that Forza is the Better Series. but you Cows already knew that. ;)
jessejay420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 jessejay420
[QUOTE="Z-Fatalis"]

Arcade racer, no thanks.

GhettoBlastin92
LOL self ownage.

indeed :lol:
jessejay420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 jessejay420

[QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"]

[QUOTE="clone01"] Considering your sig, 0/10 trolling attempt. Keep practicing, though, you'll get better.Z-Fatalis

I doubt that.

Again read into what you will, I'm expressing my opinion, but feel free to rage more cause I don't like your precious Horizon :)

Nobody here is Raging.. if anything we are quite Happy that Forza is the Better Series. We love the Fact that Forza Mopped the Floor with GT this Gen :) We dont care if you dont like it because thats not important ;)
ShadowMoses900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

#169 ShadowMoses900
Member since 2010 • 17081 Posts

[QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]

If you need a website to make you feel better about your system, then you have problems.

jessejay420

Nope. its just further proof that Forza is the Better Series. but you Cows already knew that. ;)

I was joking, that's why I deleted it.

What series is better is a matter of opinion, DF opinion is simply DF opinion. But 360 fanboys like to take them as the word of God, it makes them feel all warm and fuzzy inside about their platform. Helps them feel less insecure.

I don't care for either game. I only play racers like Mario Kart lol.

JohnnyCageMK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 JohnnyCageMK
Member since 2012 • 4365 Posts

[QUOTE="jessejay420"][QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]

ShadowMoses900

What series is better is a matter of opinion, DF opinion is simply DF opinion. But 360 fanboys like to take them as the word of God, it makes them feel all warm and fuzzy inside about their platform. Helps them feel less insecure.

Its not really an opinion when Forza has outscored GT5 4 times this gen. GT only got high scores in the past because it had no competition and people didn't know something as amazing as Forza was possible.
Jonwh18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 Jonwh18
Member since 2009 • 9350 Posts

Rockman999

nintendo's studios obliterate your statement.

jessejay420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 jessejay420
[QUOTE="Chemical_Viking"]

It's great, looks amazing, really interesting concept, but get rid of that filthy rewind button. UGH.

CanYouDiglt
I do not see why they should get rid of something you do not have to use. Before the race turn it off and you will recieve more credits also. I have mine turned off but no reason not to have it in the game so others can not use it.

indeed.you dont have to use the rewind at all. i never use it.
jessejay420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 jessejay420
[QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]

[QUOTE="jessejay420"] Nope. its just further proof that Forza is the Better Series. but you Cows already knew that. ;)JohnnyCageMK

Its not really an opinion when Forza has outscored GT5 4 times this gen. GT only got high scores in the past because it had no competition and people didn't know something as amazing as Forza was possible.

indeed. Forza has consistently outscored Gran Turismo this gen. all 4 forza games have beaten GT5 ;)
ShadowMoses900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 ShadowMoses900

[QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]

[QUOTE="jessejay420"] Nope. its just further proof that Forza is the Better Series. but you Cows already knew that. ;)JohnnyCageMK

Umm...you are aware that review scores are a matter of opinion right? I guess Uncharted is factually greater than every game on 360 since it outscored every game on Xbox.

Johnny Cage defeated by his own logic again.

Really though I'm glad Forza is a good game, I'm glad GT is a good game. I have zero interest in both games and think fanboys just pretend to care about them because they are exclusives.

jessejay420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 jessejay420

I love little surprises like this.Looks like I'll have to pick it up at some point. Another win for Forza.

Wow. They are really making Polyphony look bad.

heretrix
Forza Horizon is just adding insult to injury ;)
JohnnyCageMK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 JohnnyCageMK

[QUOTE="JohnnyCageMK"][QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]

ShadowMoses900

Umm...you are aware that review scores are a matter of opinion right? I guess Uncharted is factually greater than every game on 360 since it outscored every game on Xbox.

Really though I'm glad Forza is a good game, I'm glad GT is a good game. I have zero interest in both games and think fanboys just pretend to care about them because they are exclusives.

We're comparing racing games brah. You got offended tho and had to go off topic to defend a piece of plastic.
jessejay420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 jessejay420

ShadowMoses900

Really though I'm glad Forza is a good game, I'm glad GT is a good game. I have zero interest in both games and think fanboys just pretend to care about them because they are exclusive.

umm...you do know that professional reviews carry more weight than some random fanboy's Opinion... Forza has beaten GT5 on MC,GR and GS ;) Forza is the better series any way you slice it. :)
JohnnyCageMK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 JohnnyCageMK
[QUOTE="getyeryayasout"]After taking a few runs through the demo, I've decided to pick Horizon up. Probably the last racer I'll buy this gen, even if I do hate the $50 Season Pass (Forza Horizon=$110.00 :( ) CanYouDiglt
Well you do not need to get the season pass. For the most part it is just more cars. There is the Rally dlc but that can be bought stand alone.

If the rally dlc is good it could be like having Forza, PGR, and Rallisport Challenge all in one game.
Tessellation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179 Tessellation
Member since 2009 • 9297 Posts

Arcade racer, no thanks.

Z-Fatalis
butthurt cow confirmed.
ShadowMoses900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 ShadowMoses900

[QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]

[QUOTE="JohnnyCageMK"] Its not really an opinion when Forza has outscored GT5 4 times this gen. GT only got high scores in the past because it had no competition and people didn't know something as amazing as Forza was possible.JohnnyCageMK

We're comparing racing games brah. You got offended tho and had to go off topic to defend a piece of plastic.

I'm not offended at all. I was merely pointing out that scores are a matter of one's own personal opinion. Of course this being SW I doubt people such as yourself have the IQ necessary to comprehend this.

I am not defending anything, I have zero interest in either of these games, Forza and GT are not the kind of games I'm into. I like racing games like Mario Kart, Midnight Club, and Burnout.

jessejay420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181 jessejay420
[QUOTE="Z-Fatalis"]

Arcade racer, no thanks.

Tessellation
butthurt cow confirmed.

He gets Butthurt every time Forza is mentioned.. and thats why hes my favorite Poster in SW :) his tears are very Tasty ;)
jessejay420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 jessejay420

ShadowMoses900

I'm not offended at all. I was merely pointing out that scores are a matter of one's own personal opinion. Of course this being SW I doubt people such as yourself have the IQ necessary to comprehend this.

I am not defending anything, I have zero interest in either of these games, Forza and GT are not the kind of games I'm into. I like racing games like Mario Kart, Midnight Club, and Burnout.

i understand that you dont like both games and thats fine :) im just pointing out that i would rather trust the word of a Professional review over some random fanboy's opinion. if we trusted fanboy's opinions then Call of Duty and halo would be the best first person shooters ever. if went by sales then Wii is better than xbox360 and PS3 combined.
ShadowMoses900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183 ShadowMoses900

[QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]

[QUOTE="JohnnyCageMK"] We're comparing racing games brah. You got offended tho and had to go off topic to defend a piece of plastic.jessejay420

i understand that you dont like both games and thats fine :) im just pointing out that i would rather trust the word of a Professional review over some random fanboy's opinion. if we trusted fanboy's opinions then Call of Duty and halo would be the best first person shooters ever. if went by sales then Wii is better than xbox360 and PS3 combined.

Reviews are subjective, wether professional or not. Surely you can grasp this concept, you seem more bright than most of the people around here. I'm sure you have disagreed with a review many times, maybe you thought a game was better than it got, or you thought a game deserved less than what they gave it. If you don't then you are lost and need to learn how to become a free thinker.

Also perhaps you should actually read some of my reviews before judging them. You can agree or disagree with them, but they are far from fanboyism. I encourage you to read some of them before judging me. Mainly my later reviews, such as my Dishonored review. I have given such games as Gears a 9, and games such as Infamous 2 and Journey an 8. I only review a game after I have finished it entirley and I put a lot of work into them, it's one of the main reasons why I come to GS.

Tessellation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184 Tessellation
Member since 2009 • 9297 Posts
Reviews are subjective, wether professional or not. ShadowMoses900
then why you try to pass all the time IGNorants opinions as fact?
JohnnyCageMK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185 JohnnyCageMK
Shadowmoses proving to be a hypocritical cow yet again.
BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186 BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

Forza never seems to dissapoint and it's an amazing series, looks the goods too.

Jonwh18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187 Jonwh18

Shadowmoses proving to be a hypocritical cow yet again.JohnnyCageMK
... the irony

CanYouDiglt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188 CanYouDiglt
[QUOTE="CanYouDiglt"][QUOTE="getyeryayasout"]After taking a few runs through the demo, I've decided to pick Horizon up. Probably the last racer I'll buy this gen, even if I do hate the $50 Season Pass (Forza Horizon=$110.00 :( ) JohnnyCageMK

If the rally dlc is good it could be like having Forza, PGR, and Rallisport Challenge all in one game.

Ya that will be great. If the rally is as good as I am thinking then Forza will just have everything. A race fan will be able to get any fix they desire in the game.
WiiCubeM1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#189 WiiCubeM1
Member since 2009 • 4735 Posts

I hated Forza until Horizons came out.

Reminds me of Rush 2 for the N64.

jessejay420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190 jessejay420
[QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]Reviews are subjective, wether professional or not. Tessellation
then why you try to pass all the time IGNorants opinions as fact?

Exactly. they only use it when its in their favor.
Jonwh18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191 Jonwh18

[QUOTE="JohnnyCageMK"][QUOTE="CanYouDiglt"] Well you do not need to get the season pass. For the most part it is just more cars. There is the Rally dlc but that can be bought stand alone. CanYouDiglt

Ya that will be great. If the rally is as good as I am thinking then Forza will just have everything. A race fan will be able to get any fix they desire in the game.

kart racing :? :cry:

jessejay420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192 jessejay420

[QUOTE="jessejay420"][QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]

ShadowMoses900

Reviews are subjective, wether professional or not. Surely you can grasp this concept, you seem more bright than most of the people around here. I'm sure you have disagreed with a review many times, maybe you thought a game was better than it got, or you thought a game deserved less than what they gave it. If you don't then you are lost and need to learn how to become a free thinker.

Also perhaps you should actually read some of my reviews before judging them. You can agree or disagree with them, but they are far from fanboyism. I encourage you to read some of them before judging me. Mainly my later reviews, such as my Dishonored review. I have given such games as Gears a 9, and games such as Infamous 2 and Journey an 8. I only review a game after I have finished it entirley and I put a lot of work into them, it's one of the main reasons why I come to GS.

i would be happy to read your reviews :)
CanYouDiglt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193 CanYouDiglt
I am loving the Showcase races and not just cause you can win a car but they are just something different and fun. I just did one with a Ferrari Vs a biplane. Oh btw thx Mr biplane flyer for my new car.
PernicioEnigma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194 PernicioEnigma
Member since 2010 • 6662 Posts
If it bares the "Forza" name then I'd go as far to say it has an obligation to be good.
parkurtommo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#195 parkurtommo
Member since 2009 • 28295 Posts
[QUOTE="parkurtommo"][QUOTE="tagyhag"]It looks great, but 30fps smh.Stevo_the_gamer
Woot templar assassin!! :P Anyways stevo being half-lemming as always.

Are you still bitter about not knowing most of those PC games?

Why would I be bitter? lol I mean, I'm a PC gamer, and since I've only been one for a few months, I don't know half of those games (and don't really want to know tbh), so you statement was utterly false rofl.
balfe1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196 balfe1990
Member since 2009 • 6747 Posts

I am loving the Showcase races and not just cause you can win a car but they are just something different and fun. I just did one with a Ferrari Vs a biplane. Oh btw thx Mr biplane flyer for my new car.CanYouDiglt

How the hell do you come first in the classic Mini showdown race? I can't do it, it's the only race I can't get gold in.

OT: Game is beautiful, I've spent a good bit of time just taking sweet pics:lol:

GamerwillzPS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197 GamerwillzPS
Member since 2012 • 8531 Posts

It's funny that lems are saying Forza Horizon and Halo 4 looks amazing and possibly "graphics king", but I've seen such graphics before on PS3... So when I was playing Forza Horizon demo, I was like "meh". Nothing ground-breaking. PS3 has already done that, so the 360 is just catching up.

What the hell have lems been smoking?

CanYouDiglt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198 CanYouDiglt

[QUOTE="CanYouDiglt"]I am loving the Showcase races and not just cause you can win a car but they are just something different and fun. I just did one with a Ferrari Vs a biplane. Oh btw thx Mr biplane flyer for my new car.balfe1990

How the hell do you come first in the classic Mini showdown race? I can't do it, it's the only race I can't get gold in.

OT: Game is beautiful, I've spent a good bit of time just taking sweet pics:lol:

lmao i have no idea. That one gave me trouble also. I only tried 4 times at most though since I was not worried about owning a mini. I will go back to it later.I finished the other ones up to my rep lvl but not that one. If you really want it though just put everything on easy for that race. Also if it still gives you trouble finish it and then do rival and it can give tips on what to do watching someone else play.
CanYouDiglt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199 CanYouDiglt
[QUOTE="GamerwillzPS"]

It's funny that lems are saying Forza Horizon and Halo 4 looks amazing and possibly "graphics king", but I've seen such graphics before on PS3... So when I was playing Forza Horizon demo, I was like "meh". Nothing ground-breaking. PS3 has already done that, so the 360 is just catching up.

What the hell have lems been smoking?

Oh look I guess you are back to being your normal Sony fanboy self. So that whole 3 days you acted as if you were some hardcore PC fanboy is now done and you are going back to your normal self? Only thing more funny then your posts is anyone that actually takes your posts serious.
kejigoto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#200 kejigoto
Member since 2004 • 2735 Posts

[QUOTE="GhettoBlastin92"][QUOTE="Z-Fatalis"]

A. Motorstorm is an offroad racer, you can't put it in the same catagory as say, NFS, Burnout or Horizon

B. No, it's not really my thing

Z-Fatalis

Motorstorm is an arcade racing game in an offroad setting.

So would you put Wipeout in the same category as them too? you know considering "it's an arcade racer"

The thing I find immediately funny is how you simplify Forza Horizon as simply an arcade racer, completely ignoring the fact that it was built off Forza 4's engine which is a simulation racer, yet you expect everyone else to pick apart the finer details of racers like Little Big Planet Karting, Wipeout HD, and more based on the notion that they are fun. Now this might be just me but there's a good chunk of people out there who find arcade racers to be quite fun and yes nonsense like Little Big Mario Kart, Wipeout HD, Motorstorm, and more are all arcade racers at their core because they aren't actually simulating anything hence the lack of the title "Simulation". So while you may act like Forza is nothing because you in your biased ways are clouded from seeing a truly good game doesn't mean you discrediting a game holds any weight at all. I also find it funny that you mock others' intelligence when you're sentences are lacking proper punctuation, capitalized letters, and more.