DF Interviews Playground Games; Find out why Forza is "best-in-class."

This topic is locked from further discussion.

DarthClark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 DarthClark
Member since 2012 • 458 Posts

[QUOTE="DarthClark"][QUOTE="Jonwh18"] code masters? Anyway back to ripping this game, people talk about Sony copying or Nintendo copying? Look at this! They copied almost everything right down to the radio announcer.Gue1

This game has really lit a fire inside you eh? Haters gon hat *shrugs*

make more pics, you were more funny with those as ispeakfact.

You got the wrong guy dude
Magik85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 Magik85
Member since 2009 • 1078 Posts

Impressive stuff. In framerate analysis you can see that it actually never drops even 1 fps. Rocksteady 30fps+v-sync. And the game runs in 720p+MSAAx4+FXAA with additional filters which gives really great image quality for console standards. Nearly jaggie free. Its almost photomode quality.

The_Game21x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#53 The_Game21x
Member since 2005 • 26440 Posts

[QUOTE="Blabadon"][QUOTE="Jonwh18"] code masters? Anyway back to ripping this game, people talk about Sony copying or Nintendo copying? Look at this! They copied almost everything right down to the radio announcer.Jonwh18

Except this game looks fun unlike Burnout Paradise. That was a terrible game.

well BP was editors choice and a 9.0. This? nope!

And that invalidates his personal opinion...how?

I like Forza Horizon more than Burnout Paradise too. No score is going to change that.

Jonwh18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 Jonwh18
Member since 2009 • 9350 Posts

[QUOTE="Jonwh18"]

[QUOTE="Blabadon"] Except this game looks fun unlike Burnout Paradise. That was a terrible game.The_Game21x

I like Forza Horizon more than Burnout Paradise too. No score is going to change that.

It doesn't, but his personal opinion doesn't make this a better game then Burnout paradise.

platniumgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 platniumgamer
Member since 2011 • 3960 Posts

Such an amazing racing sim, it deserves all the praise it's getting.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#56 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

[QUOTE="Jonwh18"]

[QUOTE="Blabadon"] Except this game looks fun unlike Burnout Paradise. That was a terrible game.The_Game21x

I think jon is trolling, but I'm serious when I say I would rather race with a box on wheels than play the PoS that was Burnout Paradise.
Drakshark2424

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Drakshark2424
Member since 2012 • 74 Posts
[QUOTE="Chemical_Viking"]

It's great, looks amazing, really interesting concept, but get rid of that filthy rewind button. UGH.

CanYouDiglt
I do not see why they should get rid of something you do not have to use. Before the race turn it off and you will recieve more credits also. I have mine turned off but no reason not to have it in the game so others can not use it.

It's interesting once you think about it.... Considering that you can't rewind AND PAUSE in real life. Anyone who dogs rewind is hypocrite since they paused at least once in any type of racing game.
Avatar image for Chemical_Viking
Chemical_Viking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#58 Chemical_Viking
Member since 2010 • 2145 Posts

It's great, looks amazing, really interesting concept, but get rid of that filthy rewind button. UGH.

CanYouDiglt

I do not see why they should get rid of something you do not have to use. Before the race turn it off and you will recieve more credits also. I have mine turned off but no reason not to have it in the game so others can not use it.

Okay, I've only played this for about 2 hours, didn't notice you could turn it off. Fair enough, just hate the mere idea of it in games.

Jonwh18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Jonwh18

[QUOTE="The_Game21x"]

[QUOTE="Jonwh18"]well BP was editors choice and a 9.0. This? nope!

Blabadon

I think jon is trolling, but I'm serious when I say I would rather race with a box on wheels than play the PoS that was Burnout Paradise.

:P [spoiler] but seriously burnout >>>>>> this game [/spoiler]

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#60 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49568 Posts
It doesn't, but his personal opinion doesn't make this a better game then Burnout paradise. Jonwh18
What does though? An arbitrary numerical value from a review years ago?
heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 heretrix
Member since 2004 • 37881 Posts

I love little surprises like this.Looks like I'll have to pick it up at some point. Another win for Forza.

Wow. They are really making Polyphony look bad.

Jonwh18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Jonwh18

[QUOTE="CanYouDiglt"][QUOTE="Chemical_Viking"]

Drakshark2424

It's interesting once you think about it.... Considering that you can't rewind AND PAUSE in real life and you either. Anyone who dogs rewind is hypocrite since they paused at least once in any type of racing game.

but when you unpause you are still screwed if you were screw before you paused....

Ben-Buja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Ben-Buja
Member since 2011 • 2809 Posts

I thought it looked really good for a console game after playing the demo. Better than GT5 and FM4 for sure, but then again it only runs at half the framerate.

Z-Fatalis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Z-Fatalis
Member since 2012 • 1058 Posts

Lets just all agree that this game is a polished turd, good moving on.

SaltyMeatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#65 SaltyMeatballs
Member since 2009 • 25165 Posts
Quite impressive for a console game, even at 30fps, most console games are 30fps and we always compare Dirt (30fps) to other racing games so...
It looks great, but 30fps smh.tagyhag
It's open world now, some trade offs had to be made (and graphics wasn't one of them).
Chemical_Viking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Chemical_Viking

[QUOTE="CanYouDiglt"][QUOTE="Chemical_Viking"]

Drakshark2424

It's interesting once you think about it.... Considering that you can't rewind AND PAUSE in real life. Anyone who dogs rewind is hypocrite since they paused at least once in any type of racing game.

How does that work? Games are not real life. I don't treat it as if it is real life. Ergo, your accusation falls flat.

When you pause, you are not undoing mistakes you've made, an introduction which is contrary to the spirit of racing games.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Blabadon

[QUOTE="Blabadon"][QUOTE="The_Game21x"]

Jonwh18

Burnouts before Paradise were great. Legends on the PSP really was a masterpiece in adrenaline racing. But after Paradise (which I gave a 3.0 to) I think that type of racing has been better done by something like Motorstorm this generation. There are still some Burnout games I haven't played so I'm not complaining because I can go back to them some time.
CanYouDiglt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 CanYouDiglt
Member since 2009 • 8474 Posts

Z-Fatalis
Everyone just ignore this guy. I mean he is seriously hyping a game with a doll driving a cradboard toy car.
CanYouDiglt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 CanYouDiglt

[QUOTE="Drakshark2424"][QUOTE="CanYouDiglt"]I do not see why they should get rid of something you do not have to use. Before the race turn it off and you will recieve more credits also. I have mine turned off but no reason not to have it in the game so others can not use it.Chemical_Viking

How does that work? Games are not real life. I don't treat it as if it is real life. Ergo, your accusation falls flat.

When you pause, you are not undoing mistakes you've made, an introduction which is contrary to the spirit of racing games.

As far as undoing a mistake have you never reloaded a game after a death or some other mistake in a game?

Jonwh18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Jonwh18

[QUOTE="Jonwh18"]

[QUOTE="Blabadon"] I think jon is trolling, but I'm serious when I say I would rather race with a box on wheels than play the PoS that was Burnout Paradise.Blabadon

Burnouts before Paradise were great. Legends on the PSP really was a masterpiece in adrenaline racing. But after Paradise (which I gave a 3.0 to) I think that type of racing has been better done by something like Motorstorm this generation. There are still some Burnout games I haven't played so I'm not complaining because I can go back to them some time.

motorstorm? :lol: I can't take you serriously anymore :P You're trolling me now right?

Chemical_Viking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Chemical_Viking

[QUOTE="Drakshark2424"] It's interesting once you think about it.... Considering that you can't rewind AND PAUSE in real life. Anyone who dogs rewind is hypocrite since they paused at least once in any type of racing game. CanYouDiglt

As far as undoing a mistake have you never reloaded a game after a death or some other mistake in a game?

Whether I have or haven't, it's not good practise, especially in a racing game. Take the race and live with your mistakes and finish it.

The_Game21x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 The_Game21x

[QUOTE="Z-Fatalis"]

CanYouDiglt

Everyone just ignore this guy. I mean he is seriously hyping a game with a doll driving a cradboard toy car.

Dude's definitely a clown.

But I expect as much from...them.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Blabadon

[QUOTE="Blabadon"][QUOTE="Jonwh18"] :P [spoiler] but seriously burnout >>>>>> this game [/spoiler]

Jonwh18

motorstorm? :lol: I can't take you serriously anymore :P You're trolling me now right?

Crash based racing? I'm really only basing this off Arctic Edge on the PSP but yeah, it played much better than Paradise.
Z-Fatalis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Z-Fatalis

[QUOTE="Z-Fatalis"]

CanYouDiglt

U jelly cause it's gonna score higher than Horizon? :cool:

Jonwh18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Jonwh18

[QUOTE="Z-Fatalis"]

CanYouDiglt

nothing wrong with the concept. The reason that LBP karitng will suck is they took out the advanced editiing for karts and mods/sack people and then made the track creation tools a billion times more cumbersome to use. Also the weapon system = much worse.

Z-Fatalis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 Z-Fatalis

[QUOTE="CanYouDiglt"][QUOTE="Z-Fatalis"]

The_Game21x

Says the hypocrite, go cry more in the GT thread :cool:

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 Blabadon

[QUOTE="The_Game21x"]

[QUOTE="CanYouDiglt"]Everyone just ignore this guy. I mean he is seriously hyping a game with a doll driving a cradboard toy car. Z-Fatalis

You need to try more. Should I link you some ispeakfact threads?
The_Game21x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 The_Game21x

[QUOTE="The_Game21x"]

[QUOTE="CanYouDiglt"]Everyone just ignore this guy. I mean he is seriously hyping a game with a doll driving a cradboard toy car. Z-Fatalis

You got clowned on your own terms. You said GT series, I gave you the entire GT series. :lol:

No need to be so angry about it, just brush yourself off and start over. Tomorrow is another day, after all. :)

Jonwh18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 Jonwh18

[QUOTE="Jonwh18"]

[QUOTE="Blabadon"] Burnouts before Paradise were great. Legends on the PSP really was a masterpiece in adrenaline racing. But after Paradise (which I gave a 3.0 to) I think that type of racing has been better done by something like Motorstorm this generation. There are still some Burnout games I haven't played so I'm not complaining because I can go back to them some time.Blabadon

Crash based racing? I'm really only basing this off Arctic Edge on the PSP but yeah, it played much better than Paradise.

so wrong on so many levels. .....

this gen as far racers go

offroad = dirt series

kart = Modnation (lol at the review of this game should have been a 9, only con werre long loading times and HARD AI, (something that is priased in other games not to mention the cheating AI in MK Wii)

Console Sim = Forza MS series

Futuristic = Wipeout HD

and as far as this open world & crash based racing is concerned = Burnout Paradise

GamerwillzPS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 GamerwillzPS
Member since 2012 • 8531 Posts

The game looks good but I feel it's not worth the price. There are games that deserves more attention out there.

Forza Horizon and Halo 4 are just mediocre stuff to fill the 360's empty library.

Z-Fatalis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 Z-Fatalis

[QUOTE="Z-Fatalis"]

[QUOTE="The_Game21x"]

The_Game21x

You got clowned on your own terms. You said GT series, I gave you the entire GT series. :lol:

No need to be so angry about it, just brush yourself off and start over. Tomorrow is another day, after all. :)

96, 95, 93

Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
When you have the time Jon, I'm still waiting for you to address my two replies. :]
The_Game21x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 The_Game21x

[QUOTE="The_Game21x"]

[QUOTE="Z-Fatalis"]

Z-Fatalis

96, 95, 93

Yep, you keep bragging about decade old games. I'll be playing the current generation of games. :cool:

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 Blabadon

[QUOTE="Blabadon"][QUOTE="Jonwh18"] motorstorm? :lol: I can't take you serriously anymore :P You're trolling me now right?

Jonwh18

so wrong on so many levels. .....

this gen as far racers go

offroad = dirt series Depends what you mean by offroad. DIRT are pretty linear games that involve heavier uses of brakes and heavier steering. Motorstorm is offroad but with multiple paths and a different style of play.

kart = Modnation (lol at the review of this game should have been a 9, only con werre long loading times and HARD AI, (something that is priased in other games not to mention the cheating AI in MK Wii)I should pick up MNR. They shouldn't have killed it off.

Console Sim = Forza MS seriesSure. I don't care about this genre at all.

Futuristic = Wipeout HDEh. The PSP ones were more fun and HD honestly didn't feel as fun to me on the PS3 as it was on the PSP. This is also quite a reach for a genre seeing as setting shouldn't judge this (I'm assuming you're not doing that) and because there isn't much if any competition.

and as far as this open world & crash based racing is concerned = Burnout Paradise

That's the two things that Paradise does horribly, horribly wrong. The open world makes most races impossible if you don't take one route and the mini-map is useless meaning the easiest way to play this is map a route on the pause menu map and hope you can remember it or otherwise keep opening it. There's no easy way to reset races and if you quit one, congratulations, you're lost on the other side of the map with nothing achieved.

The crashes are also way too damn sensitive and the paths given to race on make this an even bigger problem. I'm not defending Motorstorm since I barely got three levels into the first, but I had much more fun with it than I did with Paradise. Burnout Legends was better than both of them though.

GhoX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#85 GhoX
Member since 2006 • 6267 Posts
Eurogamer is hardly a credible source. I wonder how much Microsoft paid them.
Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 Blabadon
Eurogamer is hardly a credible source. I wonder how much Microsoft paid them.GhoX
lol
Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#87 Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

[QUOTE="The_Game21x"]

[QUOTE="Z-Fatalis"]

Z-Fatalis

96, 95, 93

only lvl 7 and you already know how to troll these lems so well. :cool:

CanYouDiglt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 CanYouDiglt

[QUOTE="The_Game21x"]

[QUOTE="Z-Fatalis"]

Z-Fatalis

96, 95, 93

I would think you would be embarrassed to need to go back to the PS1 era to defend a current series. What is worse the only time GT scored those numbers was when there was no such thing as Forza and heck most console racing games in general.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

If there's one game which may convince me to buy a 360, this is one.

Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Eurogamer is hardly a credible source. I wonder how much Microsoft paid them.GhoX
*facepalm*
Z-Fatalis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 Z-Fatalis

[QUOTE="Z-Fatalis"]

[QUOTE="The_Game21x"]

CanYouDiglt

96, 95, 93

I would think you would be embarrassed to need to go back to the PS1 era to defend a current series. What is worse the only time GT scored those numbers was when there was no such thing as Forza and heck most console racing games in general.

Avatar image for HaloinventedFPS
HaloinventedFPS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 HaloinventedFPS
Member since 2010 • 4738 Posts

Racing games are not impressive, Wipehot HD is 1080p/60fps right?

No one cares, but if the next Gears is 60fps at 720p with 4xAA & V-sync, color me very impressed.

spiderluck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 spiderluck
Member since 2012 • 2405 Posts

[QUOTE="CanYouDiglt"]

[QUOTE="Z-Fatalis"]

96, 95, 93

Z-Fatalis

Poor fatalis another loser cow trying desperately to avoid the shame of last place....moo....moo...mooo
Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60714 Posts
If you have Forza4, which I do along with Forza3, is this worth $60 for being open world?
speedfog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#95 speedfog
Member since 2009 • 4966 Posts

[QUOTE="CanYouDiglt"]

[QUOTE="Z-Fatalis"]

96, 95, 93

Z-Fatalis

Dear ispeakfact wannebe,

You suck, and I recommend you using photoshop instead of paint, and try to be more original in your pictures.

Thats all.

OT:

I got the game yesterday, it's awesome and the graphics engine is great. But yes 30 fps is a downside.

The game deserves the praise after all :).

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29824 Posts

[QUOTE="clone01"][QUOTE="Z-Fatalis"]

Arcade racer, no thanks.

Z-Fatalis

Considering your sig, 0/10 trolling attempt. Keep practicing, though, you'll get better.

What does that have anything to do with LBP Karting?

Arcade racers are not my thing.

Sim racers are.

Fun racing games that don't take themselves too seriously like Mario Kart, LBP Karting and Crash racing are.

I'm actually far from trolling.

Have you played a single Forza game? Just curious.
DarthClark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 DarthClark
Member since 2012 • 458 Posts
I just want to give a big thanks to Bill Gates and Microsoft for continuing to make amazing barn bursting exclusives that enrage cows so much they troll xbox threads with lame attempts at damgae control. Thank you Microsoft :cool:
clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29824 Posts
Again read into what you will, I'm expressing my opinion, but feel free to rage more cause I don't like your precious Horizon :)Z-Fatalis
What is there to read into? Seemingly every post you've made is a completely identifiable with a Sony fanboy. Of course you wouldn't like a 360 exclusive. Idiot fanboys tend to do that.
speedfog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#99 speedfog
Member since 2009 • 4966 Posts

If you have Forza4, which I do along with Forza3, is this worth $60 for being open world? Heil68

I never bought Forza4 but I do have Forza 3, imo it's worth it.

Some people on my friendlist say it's totaly not worth it, and some say it is totaly worth it.

Try the demo, maybe you'll like it.

Z-Fatalis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 Z-Fatalis

[QUOTE="Z-Fatalis"]

[QUOTE="CanYouDiglt"]I would think you would be embarrassed to need to go back to the PS1 era to defend a current series. What is worse the only time GT scored those numbers was when there was no such thing as Forza and heck most console racing games in general.

speedfog

Dear ispeakfact wannebe,

You suck, and I recommend you using photoshop instead of paint, and try to be more original in your pictures.

Thats all.

OT:

I got the game yesterday, it's awesome and the graphics engine is great. But yes 30 fps is a downside.

The game deserves the praise after all :).

keep it coming