DF Interviews Playground Games; Find out why Forza is "best-in-class."

This topic is locked from further discussion.

kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#551 kuraimen
Member since 2010 • 28078 Posts

[QUOTE="Innovazero2000"][QUOTE="The_Game21x"]

Which is untrue, but whatever.

The_Game21x

It's not a huge difference...but GT5 is more punshing. Car and Driver, Inside Sim, etc have all run tests between the two...it's not black and white but GT5's racing physics are more true to life. However, as a game most felt Forza was the better of the two.

I disagree. GT5 seems more punishing because it's easier to wipe out. Not because it's actually more punishing but because it doesn't communicate or properly simulate grip progression due to an inadequate tire model and I've outlined many other areas that GT5 is lacking in in other posts.

inside sim racing >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> you :)
Innovazero2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#552 Innovazero2000
Member since 2006 • 3159 Posts
[QUOTE="Innovazero2000"][QUOTE="The_Game21x"]

kuraimen
It's not a huge difference...but GT5 is more punshing. Car and Driver, Inside Sim, etc have all run tests between the two...it's not black and white but GT5's racing physics are more true to life. However, as a game most felt Forza was the better of the two.

Well for a racing sim what matters the most is the simulation. Forza is more noob friendly yes. Also GT supports much more real racing events and opportunities for their fans.

Depends on the player, I would argue that Forza is more intimate between player and car. It's what Forza built its pedigree on. Where GT really nails it is the suspension, and how suspension interacts with the track. Forza does tire modelling well, and has very good clutch interaction. However, those aren't as big of factors as suspension. Just depends on what your looking for, yes if your looking to be the best driver GT has an edge, but as most would argue Forza is better overall racing experience, and those engine noises are something GT hasn't figure out yet.
The_Game21x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#553 The_Game21x
Member since 2005 • 26440 Posts

[QUOTE="The_Game21x"]

[QUOTE="Innovazero2000"] It's not a huge difference...but GT5 is more punshing. Car and Driver, Inside Sim, etc have all run tests between the two...it's not black and white but GT5's racing physics are more true to life. However, as a game most felt Forza was the better of the two.kuraimen

I disagree. GT5 seems more punishing because it's easier to wipe out. Not because it's actually more punishing but because it doesn't communicate or properly simulate grip progression due to an inadequate tire model and I've outlined many other areas that GT5 is lacking in in other posts.

They also said Forza 3 was on the same level as GT5, so I guess we can take their word on it. :)

jessejay420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#554 jessejay420
Member since 2011 • 4091 Posts

[QUOTE="Innovazero2000"][QUOTE="kuraimen"] We were talking about the metagame. And the fact is that a sim racing site like inside sim racing considers GT5 a better sim than Forza 4.The_Game21x

I'll give you that, GT5 is a little more realistic, but likewise most consider Forza a better game as a whole. To each their own.

Forza Mops the Floor with Gran Turismo... and Cows are butthurt about it :lol:
PressXtoJump

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#555 PressXtoJump
Member since 2012 • 1484 Posts
[QUOTE="The_Game21x"]

[QUOTE="kuraimen"][QUOTE="The_Game21x"]

They also said Forza 3 was on the same level as GT5, so I guess we can take their word on it. :)

forzas a solid racer, hopefully future forzas will work well with kinect :D too far??
jessejay420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#556 jessejay420
[QUOTE="kuraimen"]

tumblr_m4t4x1OeFi1r22lig.gif#Slapping%20

You know that according to the metagame Sports Champions 2 doesn't exist because it was not reviewed here? Yeah sure logical and not deluded. No wonder lems live in fantasy world.

Innovazero2000
What exactly again does SC2 have to do with anything? The "Fact" is, Forza has consistently outscored GT5, the "Fact" is Horizon is a technically more sound game. The "Fact" is GT5 from the get-go was not polished. You sound more butt hurt then anyone here. Keep the delusions alive there sport.

Its a Fact that Cows get Butthurt at the Very Mention of Forza :lol: Lemming : "Horizon Hype Met! :) " Cows : " :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: "
Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#557 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49568 Posts

You know that according to the metagame Sports Champions 2 doesn't exist because it was not reviewed here? Yeah sure logical and not deluded. No wonder lems live in fantasy world.

kuraimen
So Kinect Nat Geo and Sesame Street TV count now?
jessejay420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#558 jessejay420
[QUOTE="PressXtoJump"][QUOTE="kuraimen"] They also come with the official RRODInnovazero2000
greatest Damage Control in the history of gaming - RROD -buu bu jasper -buu bu jus wait -buu buu it was in 2006 7 8 9 10 40 -buu buu its only for unsafe spots - bub buu if you buy the fan - buu buuu hard drives are cheaper now??? WTF, RROD. not HD buu buu buu the new newer series of slims warranty honestly this list can go on and on but it needs some discussion

You can come back from 2009, it's 2012. Old news is a welcomed guest when it doesn't apply any longer. RROD hasn't been an issue, find something else.

Thats the only thing cows can come up with in Response to Forza wiping the Floor with Gran turismo LOL... that and "bu bu GT sold Moar!!! :cry: " :lol:
kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#559 kuraimen
[QUOTE="kuraimen"]

Stevo_the_gamer

Well lems have always counted them :| I'm in favor of counting ALL games. Only lems like to put restrictions to manipulate the results.
PressXtoJump

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#560 PressXtoJump
[QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"][QUOTE="kuraimen"]

dayum....i dont remember taking notes in grade 2....serious question
Stefan91x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#561 Stefan91x
Member since 2011 • 225 Posts

GT5 is awful, believe me I know what I talking about. Choose any car you will notice it hasn't very realistic driving physics, let alone remaining flaws: too much japanese cars, only a few cars have a cockpit view, any car sounds like fart etc. I bought a PS3 only for GT5 and I sold it with the game because it was so awful. I'm sure this game was made by people who never owned a car.

Compared to that Forza was made by people who love cars and racing.

Of course cows think differently because their jealousy for superior games like Forza, truth hurts.

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#562 Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

GT5 is awful, believe me I know what I talking about. Choose any car you will notice it hasn't very realistic driving physics, let alone remaining flaws: too much japanese cars, only a few cars have a cockpit view, any car sounds like fart etc. I bought a PS3 only for GT5 and I sold it with the game because it was so awful. I'm sure this game was made by people who never owned a car.

Compared to that Forza was made by people who love cars and racing.

Of course cows think differently because their jealousy for superior games like Forza, truth hurts.

Stefan91x

you don't know what you're talking about.

jessejay420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#563 jessejay420
any car sounds like fartStefan91x
:lol:
spiderluck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#564 spiderluck
Member since 2012 • 2405 Posts

[QUOTE="Stefan91x"]any car sounds like fartjessejay420
:lol:

Not surprising considering the imported ps2 models look like sh!t ;)

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#565 delta3074
Member since 2007 • 20003 Posts
[QUOTE="kuraimen"][QUOTE="PressXtoJump"] another xbot malfunctionPressXtoJump
They also come with the official RROD

greatest Damage Control in the history of gaming - RROD -buu bu jasper -buu bu jus wait -buu buu it was in 2006 7 8 9 10 40 -buu buu its only for unsafe spots - bub buu if you buy the fan - buu buuu hard drives are cheaper now??? WTF, RROD. not HD buu buu buu the new newer series of slims warranty honestly this list can go on and on but it needs some discussion

The 360 is HD and the slim 360's are fine , what are you yabbering on about, jasper was fine as well, you clearly have no idea what you are talking about
PressXtoJump

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#566 PressXtoJump
[QUOTE="PressXtoJump"][QUOTE="kuraimen"] They also come with the official RRODdelta3074

The 360 is HD and the slim 360's are fine , what are you yabbering on about, jasper was fine as well, you clearly have no idea what you are talking about

jasper excuse still going on :lol:
delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#567 delta3074
Member since 2007 • 20003 Posts
[QUOTE="delta3074"][QUOTE="PressXtoJump"] greatest Damage Control in the history of gaming - RROD -buu bu jasper -buu bu jus wait -buu buu it was in 2006 7 8 9 10 40 -buu buu its only for unsafe spots - bub buu if you buy the fan - buu buuu hard drives are cheaper now??? WTF, RROD. not HD buu buu buu the new newer series of slims warranty honestly this list can go on and on but it needs some discussion PressXtoJump

jasper excuse still going on :lol:

'Fortunately, SquareTrade found that Xbox 360 quality has improved dramatically since the third quarter of 2008, shortly before the 65nm CPU/GPU "Jasper" model was introduced. Since then, first-year failure rates have plummeted to below the 4 percent the company projected. Looking at 500 units purchased in 2009, SquareTrade found that less than 1 percent had suffered the Red Ring of Death.' http://uk.gamespot.com/news/xbox-360-failure-rate-237-ps3-10-wii-27-study-6216691 Also read dean takeshi's book on the 360, it explains that the problem with the 360 was a substandard Substrate layer between the GPU and the motherboard, the Jasper model sports a completely different substrate layer with materials that can withstand much higher temperatures combined with the decreased heat from the die shrinkage led to a far more reliable machine, i know, i had one and the air coming from the back didn't even get lukewarm, the slim i have now Expels hotter air than my Jasper did, not as much hot air as you seem to speaking though,lol
Rockman999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#568 Rockman999
Member since 2005 • 7507 Posts

So what are the cows yapping on about now?
Don't they have some super duper mighty morphin exclusives and broken multiplats to play?

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#569 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61478 Posts

jasper excuse still going on :lol:PressXtoJump

You realize the RROD failure rate was lessened over time, right? Hardware failures exist, it's a fact of life, e.g. YLOD.

CanYouDiglt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#570 CanYouDiglt
Member since 2009 • 8474 Posts

I still do not think kuraimen has played GT5 or any of the Forza games this gen from the way he talks. I really wish he would post a gamertag for either system to prove different but I will not hold my breath for that to happen. I think it is funny how much he wants to defend GT5 considering he has never played it or Forza. Kuraimen it is one thing to laugh at lems if they recieved a low score but but Forza did score higher every single time. So to endlessly defend a game when you played neither just to defend Sony is beyond fanboy.

kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#571 kuraimen
I still do not think kuraimen has played GT5 or any of the Forza games this gen from the way he talks. I really wish he would post a gamertag for either system to prove different but I will not hold my greeath for that to happen. I think it is funny how much he wants to defend GT5 considering he has never played it or Forza. Kuraimen it is one thing to laugh at lems if they recieved a low score but but Forza did score higher every single time. So to endlessly defend a game when you played neither just to defend Sony is beyond fanboy.CanYouDiglt
Lol lems really get this butthurt? Lems have to be the most butthurt group in existence. If you can't cope with someone disagreeing with you you don't have to make fantasies about their life just to cope with the butthurt. Just embrace it. You don't see me or any cow trying to figure out what system you have or play or not play. Again sim racing sites like ISR agree GT5 is the better sim. Deal with it or be butthurt forever and ever :cool:
CanYouDiglt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#572 CanYouDiglt
[QUOTE="CanYouDiglt"]I still do not think kuraimen has played GT5 or any of the Forza games this gen from the way he talks. I really wish he would post a gamertag for either system to prove different but I will not hold my greeath for that to happen. I think it is funny how much he wants to defend GT5 considering he has never played it or Forza. Kuraimen it is one thing to laugh at lems if they recieved a low score but but Forza did score higher every single time. So to endlessly defend a game when you played neither just to defend Sony is beyond fanboy.kuraimen
Lol lems really get this butthurt? Lems have to be the most butthurt group in existence. If you can't cope with someone disagreeing with you you don't have to make fantasies about their life just to cope with the butthurt. Just embrace it. You don't see me or any cow trying to figure out what system you have or play or not play. Again sim racing sites like ISR agree GT5 is the better sim. Deal with it or be butthurt forever and ever :cool:

You cherry picked one site but from all that I have seen people that have played both seem to think Forza is the better game along with almost all websites. You go ahead and keep searching for those obscure websites that agree with you since most disagree with you.
kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#573 kuraimen
[QUOTE="kuraimen"][QUOTE="CanYouDiglt"]I still do not think kuraimen has played GT5 or any of the Forza games this gen from the way he talks. I really wish he would post a gamertag for either system to prove different but I will not hold my greeath for that to happen. I think it is funny how much he wants to defend GT5 considering he has never played it or Forza. Kuraimen it is one thing to laugh at lems if they recieved a low score but but Forza did score higher every single time. So to endlessly defend a game when you played neither just to defend Sony is beyond fanboy.CanYouDiglt

You cherry picked one site but from all that I have seen people that have played both seem to think Forza is the better game along with almost all websites. You go ahead and keep searching for those obscure websites that agree with you since most disagree with you.

Obscure!? LMAO! For any racing sim fan ISR is one of the main websites out there. No wonder lems think Flopza 4 is a better racing sim, they don't even know what a racing sim is.
The_Game21x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#574 The_Game21x

[QUOTE="CanYouDiglt"]I still do not think kuraimen has played GT5 or any of the Forza games this gen from the way he talks. I really wish he would post a gamertag for either system to prove different but I will not hold my greeath for that to happen. I think it is funny how much he wants to defend GT5 considering he has never played it or Forza. Kuraimen it is one thing to laugh at lems if they recieved a low score but but Forza did score higher every single time. So to endlessly defend a game when you played neither just to defend Sony is beyond fanboy.kuraimen

The folks at ISR also gave Forza 3 a 13/15 for physics.

GT5, on the other hand, scored a 12.5.

I can't wait to see how you try to damage control that! :lol:

CanYouDiglt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#575 CanYouDiglt
[QUOTE="CanYouDiglt"][QUOTE="kuraimen"] Lol lems really get this butthurt? Lems have to be the most butthurt group in existence. If you can't cope with someone disagreeing with you you don't have to make fantasies about their life just to cope with the butthurt. Just embrace it. You don't see me or any cow trying to figure out what system you have or play or not play. Again sim racing sites like ISR agree GT5 is the better sim. Deal with it or be butthurt forever and ever :cool:kuraimen

Obscure!? LMAO! For any racing sim fan ISR is one of the main websites out there. No wonder lems think Flopza 4 is a better racing sim, they don't even know what a racing sim is.

Seriously though why do you care so much when you have not even played either game? Is it just the fun of trolling or do you just feel the need to defend everything Sony?
jessejay420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#576 jessejay420

[QUOTE="kuraimen"][QUOTE="CanYouDiglt"]I still do not think kuraimen has played GT5 or any of the Forza games this gen from the way he talks. I really wish he would post a gamertag for either system to prove different but I will not hold my greeath for that to happen. I think it is funny how much he wants to defend GT5 considering he has never played it or Forza. Kuraimen it is one thing to laugh at lems if they recieved a low score but but Forza did score higher every single time. So to endlessly defend a game when you played neither just to defend Sony is beyond fanboy.The_Game21x

im sure he will search the web for a site that says otherwise :lol: Forza is creating a lot of butthurt for Cows... its been a while since i seen so many Cows cry over Forza..i love it :lol: Horizon must have done some major damage to GT :cool:
Avatar image for deactivated-5e9044657a310
deactivated-5e9044657a310

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#577 deactivated-5e9044657a310
Member since 2005 • 8136 Posts

[QUOTE="kuraimen"][QUOTE="CanYouDiglt"]I still do not think kuraimen has played GT5 or any of the Forza games this gen from the way he talks. I really wish he would post a gamertag for either system to prove different but I will not hold my greeath for that to happen. I think it is funny how much he wants to defend GT5 considering he has never played it or Forza. Kuraimen it is one thing to laugh at lems if they recieved a low score but but Forza did score higher every single time. So to endlessly defend a game when you played neither just to defend Sony is beyond fanboy.The_Game21x

Use your brain, it's pretty easy. Different standards at the time of the games release. The GT5 model would wipe the floor with the Rfactor model from five years ago. At the time when Forza 3 was released it was a 13 compared to the best sims available then. As Physics models improve so do the standards that they are judged from. Forza 4 came out a year after GT5, was directly compared to it in the review, and it was explicitly stated that GT5 was better.
razgriz_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#578 razgriz_101
Member since 2007 • 16875 Posts

[QUOTE="The_Game21x"]

[QUOTE="kuraimen"] Lol lems really get this butthurt? Lems have to be the most butthurt group in existence. If you can't cope with someone disagreeing with you you don't have to make fantasies about their life just to cope with the butthurt. Just embrace it. You don't see me or any cow trying to figure out what system you have or play or not play. Again sim racing sites like ISR agree GT5 is the better sim. Deal with it or be butthurt forever and ever :cool:Nuck81

Use your brain, it's pretty easy. Different standards at the time of the games release. The GT5 model would wipe the floor with the Rfactor model from five years ago. At the time when Forza 3 was released it was a 13 compared to the best sims available then. As Physics models improve so do the standards that they are judged from. Forza 4 came out a year after GT5, was directly compared to it in the review, and it was explicitly stated that GT5 was better.

want to know where your flaw is in that arguement?

you go on bout standards changing over time, then lord over GT5 a game which was released a year before whch by your logic is held to a different level of standard as its essentially a differnt time period.....the long and short is your arguement is flawed by your very own reasoning with your opening arguement it would mean that FM4 is held to a different standard than that of GT5 as you know standards change eh.

One of the most flawed arguements i've seen and still relying on ISR, despite the fact we use the SW metagame which uses GS scores and going by pure logical and reasonable arguement thats flawless under SW metagame rules Forza's still the superior.

bye and thanks for playing

/inb4 lem,forza fanboy,butthurt all other cow nonsense.

im just saying whats true for this board at the end of the day.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e9044657a310
deactivated-5e9044657a310

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#579 deactivated-5e9044657a310
Member since 2005 • 8136 Posts

[QUOTE="Nuck81"][QUOTE="The_Game21x"]

razgriz_101

you go on bout standards changing over time, then lord over GT5 a game which was released a year before whch by your logic is held to a different level of standard as its essentially a differnt time period.....the long and short is your arguement is flawed by your very own reasoning with your opening arguement it would mean that FM4 is held to a different standard than that of GT5 as you know standards change eh.

One of the most flawed arguements i've seen and still relying on ISR, despite the fact we use the SW metagame which uses GS scores and going by pure logical and reasonable arguement thats flawless under SW metagame rules Forza's still the superior.

:lol: you're terrible. GT5 an Forza 4 were directly compared in the ISR review. They are held to the same standard, since they were compared directly by the reviewers. And in that direct comparison they said GT5 was better. Forza is the more casual, more accessible game. That's why it has built in assists you can't turn off and arcade like handling. That's why casual sites like Gamespot and casual gamers like yourself prefer Forza. You only play the games for a few weeks, with a gamepad, and then let them collect dust until Turn 10 releases a new game for $60. Real sim racing fans, people that have an actual sim racing set up, and actually play sim racing games prefer GT5. Reality>Casual game reviewers.
WarOf1993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#581 WarOf1993
Member since 2012 • 83 Posts

Why is this thread still going on?

Forza = Best racing series this gen.

Forza Horizon = Best racer of 2012

GT5 = One of the biggest disappoinments this gen and not even up to Shifts stansdards and does not hold a candle to Grid.

End Thread please. It is what it is. Horizon is amazing.

CanYouDiglt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#582 CanYouDiglt
Anyone get all those halloween car designs?
BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#583 BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

I still remember the hype behind GT5, to be honest i was head deep in it. "5 years in the making!! definitely going to get a 10/10 no doubt, game of the year for sure" lol

We all know how that turned out, i still remember how surprised i was when i saw the scores the game was receiving from various sites.

Anyways Forza is probably the best you're going to get if you are into the car scene.

razgriz_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#584 razgriz_101

[QUOTE="razgriz_101"]

[QUOTE="Nuck81"] Use your brain, it's pretty easy. Different standards at the time of the games release. The GT5 model would wipe the floor with the Rfactor model from five years ago. At the time when Forza 3 was released it was a 13 compared to the best sims available then. As Physics models improve so do the standards that they are judged from. Forza 4 came out a year after GT5, was directly compared to it in the review, and it was explicitly stated that GT5 was better.Nuck81

:lol: you're terrible. GT5 an Forza 4 were directly compared in the ISR review. They are held to the same standard, since they were compared directly by the reviewers. And in that direct comparison they said GT5 was better. Forza is the more casual, more accessible game. That's why it has built in assists you can't turn off and arcade like handling. That's why casual sites like Gamespot and casual gamers like yourself prefer Forza. You only play the games for a few weeks, with a gamepad, and then let them collect dust until Turn 10 releases a new game for $60. Real sim racing fans, people that have an actual sim racing set up, and actually play sim racing games prefer GT5. Reality>Casual game reviewers.

you sir are a muppet, this is a games board and round these parts SW metagame dictates whats best.Stop hiding behind ISR and debate like a real man ooh....wait.

kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#585 kuraimen

[QUOTE="Nuck81"][QUOTE="razgriz_101"]

razgriz_101

you sir are a muppet, this is a games board and round these parts SW metagame dictates whats best.Stop hiding behind ISR and debate like a real man ooh....wait.

There's no official rule anywhere that prohibits using other comparisons other than the metagame.
razgriz_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#586 razgriz_101

[QUOTE="razgriz_101"]

[QUOTE="Nuck81"] :lol: you're terrible. GT5 an Forza 4 were directly compared in the ISR review. They are held to the same standard, since they were compared directly by the reviewers. And in that direct comparison they said GT5 was better. Forza is the more casual, more accessible game. That's why it has built in assists you can't turn off and arcade like handling. That's why casual sites like Gamespot and casual gamers like yourself prefer Forza. You only play the games for a few weeks, with a gamepad, and then let them collect dust until Turn 10 releases a new game for $60. Real sim racing fans, people that have an actual sim racing set up, and actually play sim racing games prefer GT5. Reality>Casual game reviewers.kuraimen

There's no official rule anywhere that prohibits using other comparisons other than the metagame.

survival guide states all else pretty much is useless follow the meta and you wont go wrong its foolproof...or least it was till you showed up.

The_Game21x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#587 The_Game21x

[QUOTE="razgriz_101"]

[QUOTE="Nuck81"] Use your brain, it's pretty easy. Different standards at the time of the games release. The GT5 model would wipe the floor with the Rfactor model from five years ago. At the time when Forza 3 was released it was a 13 compared to the best sims available then. As Physics models improve so do the standards that they are judged from. Forza 4 came out a year after GT5, was directly compared to it in the review, and it was explicitly stated that GT5 was better.Nuck81

You keep saying this despite the fact that you have yet to provide even a shred of proof of that.

Why?

Because Forza 4 does not have built in assists that you can't turn off. Forza 3 did. Forza 4 doesn't. Plain and simple.

The fact of the matter is Forza 4 does not have "arcade like" handling. It has realistic handling, just like GT5 and simulates driving better than GT5.

Here's a comparison from DigitalTrends

On Gran Turismo 5

"We also tested a Camaro SS in the game and looked back (with warm memories) at our previous review. The Camaro in GT5 felt like it lacked some zip in the lower gears that we remember from our real-world test. Theres also one missing ingredient in the game, something thats almost impossible to replicate: the Camaro felt too light on the road, as though it was a sportscar and not a muscle car."

On Forza 4

"Thats why, in driving the CTS-V, the Mercedes-Benz SLS, the VW Golf GTI, and even the Lexus CT200h in the real world (and reviewing them all) and in the game, we found that Forza 4 nailed the realism."

Conclusion

"And, while you can flip the car in both games, neither game bothered with the feature where the door pistons blow off so you can exit the vehicle. Yet, in the end, the Spec 2.0 version of Gran Turismo 5 felt a little stale in the end. We booted up both cars in the games on the same HD screen, with the same surround-sound system, and Forza 4 seemed to nail one aspect that was missing from GT5: the fun factor. This is more of an authenticity issue than you might think. The SLS in Forza just felt like it was faster, hungrier, and more fun to drive. Both games mimicked the car accurately. If we had to pick one game that delivered the thrill of driving the real $200,000 supercar, it would be Forza 4."

And I can already hear you crying "bu bu...ISR!!! :cry:"

These guys compared cars they reviewed in real life to their in game counterparts. A claim the folks at ISR can't make.

But yeah, you keep going with your nonsensical BS about Forza 4 being arcadey and desperately clinging to your precious ISR review. In the real world, Forza 4 is about as real as it gets on a console.

WarOf1993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#588 WarOf1993
Member since 2012 • 83 Posts

[QUOTE="Nuck81"][QUOTE="razgriz_101"]

The_Game21x

You keep saying this despite the fact that you have yet to provide even a shred of proof of that.

Why?

Because Forza 4 does not have built in assists that you can't turn off. Forza 3 did. Forza 4 doesn't. Plain and simple.

The fact of the matter is Forza 4 does not have "arcade like" handling. It has realistic handling, just like GT5 and simulates driving better than GT5.

Here's a comparison from DigitalTrends

On Gran Turismo 5

"We also tested a Camaro SS in the game and looked back (with warm memories) at our previous review. The Camaro in GT5 felt like it lacked some zip in the lower gears that we remember from our real-world test. Theres also one missing ingredient in the game, something thats almost impossible to replicate: the Camaro felt too light on the road, as though it was a sportscar and not a muscle car."

On Forza 4

"Thats why, in driving the CTS-V, the Mercedes-Benz SLS, the VW Golf GTI, and even the Lexus CT200h in the real world (and reviewing them all) and in the game, we found that Forza 4 nailed the realism."

Conclusion

"And, while you can flip the car in both games, neither game bothered with the feature where the door pistons blow off so you can exit the vehicle. Yet, in the end, the Spec 2.0 version of Gran Turismo 5 felt a little stale in the end. We booted up both cars in the games on the same HD screen, with the same surround-sound system, and Forza 4 seemed to nail one aspect that was missing from GT5: the fun factor. This is more of an authenticity issue than you might think. The SLS in Forza just felt like it was faster, hungrier, and more fun to drive. Both games mimicked the car accurately. If we had to pick one game that delivered the thrill of driving the real $200,000 supercar, it would be Forza 4."

And I can already hear you crying "bu bu...ISR!!! :cry:"

These guys compared cars they reviewed in real life to their in game counterparts. A claim the folks at ISR can't make.

But yeah, you keep going with your nonsensical BS about Forza 4 being arcadey and desperately clinging to your precious ISR review. In the real world, Forza 4 is about as real as it gets on a console.

Damn you owned the living piss out of him. GT5 sux. It is too arcadey. I am sticking with Forza.