Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#601 misterpmedia
Member since 2013 • 6209 Posts

@hoosier7 said:

Eurgh this thread is still going? How long until this gets chalked off as a reason for the X1 to exceed the PS4? Tiled resources is gone as the PS4 is doing that now, the same with the DX12 multi-core threading, the ESRAM as a benefit and layered GPU was BS and we've all seen the cloud for what it is. What's left?

What's left is a very long gen for Xbox lol.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#602  Edited By tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@Tighaman said:

@tormentos: giantbomb.com go look for yourself and stop commenting go read.

hahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaa......

So you have nothing to back you up..lol

The fact that you dare to claim 700Gb/s bw basically proof without doubt that you are quoting morons all over the net,who ever say the theory that you like best you just copy it..lol

Avatar image for deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318
deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#603 deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318
Member since 2008 • 4166 Posts

@misterpmedia said:

@hoosier7 said:

Eurgh this thread is still going? How long until this gets chalked off as a reason for the X1 to exceed the PS4? Tiled resources is gone as the PS4 is doing that now, the same with the DX12 multi-core threading, the ESRAM as a benefit and layered GPU was BS and we've all seen the cloud for what it is. What's left?

It's going to be fun though, they're getting progressively more creative with the excuses :)

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#604  Edited By LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts

@rocky_denace: No need to be so offensive over consoles. Damn dude......

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#606 tormentos

@rocky_denace said:

Sony fans I would imagine you don't recognize Tormento's as part of your faction every faction has a bad seed and I imagine you guys must even laugh at him yourselves.

Tormento's you are the most clueless troll I've ever seen it's like you just walked off the Jerry's kids special olympics or something?

Actually not as clueless as you OS don't run on GPU they run on CPU..lol

I know you get mad because i call you bullsh** out and make you look stupid,next time drop your fanboys 900 levels and don't claim such stupid sh**.

The PS4 doesn't reserve any CU for OS,it reserves 2 CPU cores which is the exact same the xbox one reserve.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#607 tormentos

@rocky_denace said:

LOL there is not one game this entire gen either system can't do just like last gen with PS3 and 360 both PS4 and X1 can do the same games some games may have varying resolutions but that is already dissipating and with new SDK kits and especially DX12 it will never be any problem moving forward.

Yes and they will be superior on PS4 never the less.

Tighaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#608 Tighaman
Member since 2006 • 1038 Posts

@tormentos: you copy and paste things from a year but you won't copy and paste that quit because its damaging to your agenda you troll ol trolly torm is his name. Are you lonely troll torm? Brush them chips off your fats ass stomach and wipe them crumbs off your zit infested face get away from that junky ass computer and let me give you a hug troll torm.

Avatar image for stereointegrity
stereointegrity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#609 stereointegrity
Member since 2007 • 12151 Posts

@Tighaman said:

@tormentos: damn why i got to be a troll torm? Name calling? You keep going back to the same article, when basically said the same thing but steady denying what hes really trying to tell you, x1 dont need to use CUs for gpgpu 2 cpu compute command blocks and 2 graphic command blocks for gpgpu. The x1 has extra processors for things that the ps4 uses its gpu and cpu for you know offloading.

then link to ur claims thats all dude

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#611 misterpmedia

@hoosier7 said:

@misterpmedia said:

@hoosier7 said:

It's going to be fun though, they're getting progressively more creative with the excuses :)

Excuses are like Hydras lol. Debunk one, multiple new ones emerge.

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#612 misterpmedia

@Tighaman said:

@tormentos: you copy and paste things from a year but you won't copy and paste that quit because its damaging to your agenda you troll ol trolly torm is his name. Are you lonely troll torm? Brush them chips off your fats ass stomach and wipe them crumbs off your zit infested face get away from that junky ass computer and let me give you a hug troll torm.

You sound like you work out, tough guy.

-Unreal-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#613 -Unreal-
Member since 2004 • 24650 Posts

It's like a heavy weight boxer sitting ringside watching two lightweight amatures box.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#614 tormentos

@Tighaman said:

@tormentos: you copy and paste things from a year but you won't copy and paste that quit because its damaging to your agenda you troll ol trolly torm is his name.

Are you lonely troll torm? Brush them chips off your fats ass stomach and wipe them crumbs off your zit infested face get away from that junky ass computer and let me give you a hug troll torm.

I am quoting things from a year because the PS4 hardware as well as the xbox one don't change over the years,it stay the same hardware for ever,so the specs and technicalities of both units when they were reveal will remain the same for ever,so anything i quote about the PS4 is the same last year as it is this one as it will be next year,just like the xbox one as well.

Hahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa..I never really thought i could cause so much anal discomfort to some one..hahaha

@FastRobby said:

When Microsoft showed the video at BUILD, where you got a crappy computer running and dropping to 4 fps, and than the computer that let calculations be done on the server, running at 30 fps. Didn't you say that this was only possible because they put the server in the other room? Maybe it was someone else, when I read a cow comment they all go in the same basket in my head.

Can you give me the link where Microsoft claimed the cloud could make the Xbox One 4 times more powerful?

As far as I understood what Microsoft was doing, they were not increasing the power of the GPU, but doing work from the CPU.

All the calculations that happen on the CPU side, this together with DX12 which increases the efficiency of the Xbox One could help a lot. The CPU has a lot less work to do in this case, because if you say that Xbox One can't do HSA, they really need to offload it to the cloud. Because they can't let the work be done by the GPU.

Yes it was some one else..

"It’s also been stated that the Xbox One is ten times more powerful than the Xbox 360, so we’re effectively 40 times greater than the Xbox 360 in terms of processing capabilities [using the cloud]. If you look to the cloud as something that is no doubt going to evolve and grow over time, it really spells out that there’s no limit to where the processing power of Xbox One can go. I think that’s a very exciting proposition, not only for Australians, but anyone else who’s going to pick up the Xbox One console.”

http://www.dvice.com/2013-5-27/xbox-one-technically-40-times-more-powerful-xbox-360

The problem with the cloud is simple,CPU task are latency sensitive,CPU are extremely impacted by lag unlike GPU,so anything you deliver over a latency full internet most be things that don't need results in seconds or that don't need to be constantly updated,for example AI or baked lighting,baked lighting basically has not hit on CPU so offloading it to the cloud doesn't mean much and you don't need 4 cores to run AI either,a single core will suffice and probably had spare cycles.

So the cloud can help in those regards in anything that need to be refresh constantly is useless,people know this MS was trying to pull a fast one,in fact count the number of games that need the cloud to work and that uses AI from the cloud.?

Titanfall i think i about it because even Forza dropped its online requirements.

Tighaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#615 Tighaman

@misterpmedia: why be his dingleberry? Get off his nutt sack the and stop psn for the ps

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#616 misterpmedia

@Tighaman said:

@misterpmedia: why be his dingleberry? Get off his nutt sack the and stop psn for the ps

do you even lift?

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#617 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44061 Posts

DX12 + Cloud + SecretSauce GPU w/eSram = Gonna poop all over Teh Bore.. Bank baby. :P

lhughey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#619 lhughey
Member since 2006 • 4862 Posts

@FastRobby said:

Tormentos doesn't know anything, he was saying the cloud gaming wasn't possible, and that when Microsoft showed it, the server was in the other room (which could be the case, he doesn't know, he just makes shit up), and in real-life it isn't possible. But AMD also did tests, and also concluded that it is indeed possible.

Cloud Gaming AMD

Nvidia is also investing huge amounts into cloud gaming. Its coming. We don't know when, but it is coming.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#620 tormentos

@FastRobby said:

Sony also stated that PS4 = 43xPS3, we all know that that also isn't the case.

But to come back on the cloud, why doesn't AI needs to be updated every second? The AI (agent) has a state, it observes changes in the environment and changes his actions based on what he observes from the environment. So when I as a player, run to the left, the environment changes, and the agent performs a differenct action then when I run to the right. So if the total AI from Titanfall gets calculated in the cloud, this means that it changes every second. So it works... Or am I doing something wrong here? Maybe because AI calculations aren't that hard, the latency doesn't matter as much?

No they didn't...lol...

Read well i didn't say AI need to update every second all the contrary,AI and baked lighting are 2 things that don't nee to get update every second,so those things can been offloaded to the cloud,sadly those are not the most demanding task on a consoles,so what you offload isn't anything big.

No the AI is loaded and doesn't need to change every second dude,hell Titanfall has sh** AI one of the worse ever seen by the way.

bloodlust_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#623 bloodlust_101
Member since 2003 • 2764 Posts

@rocky_denace said:

Sony fans I would imagine you don't recognize Tormento's as part of your faction every faction has a bad seed and I imagine you guys must even laugh at him yourselves.

Tormento's you are the most clueless troll I've ever seen it's like you just walked off the Jerry's kids special olympics or something?

I don't know, do you think Tiled Resources, DX12, The Cloud, Azure, Overclocks, Reduced Overhead, ESRam, stacked GPUs, SHAPE, SKUs, or anything else will suddenly make the XBone a worthy contender? If so I would say you [and other lemmings] are a lot more delusional than any other faction on System Wars.

And while I would normally just sit back and laugh, it really becomes painful reading all of these theories and hopes lemmings have for the XBone. Lemmings honestly stand alone here.

I mean, back in the PS3 days, cows were spewing 'CELL CELL CELL' but it was at least something tangible that first parties worked towards, lemmings seem to change their 'cell' every month, reading in to claims such as "Doubles the XBone power" or theories which bring 1.2TF can be 4.5TF+ with secret hidden GPUs. Heck, if we put all theories together, we get 9TF+ when we use DX12 and Stacked GPUs. Hillarious!

Avatar image for always_explicit
always_explicit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#626 always_explicit
Member since 2007 • 3379 Posts

@sts106mat said:

@tormentos said:

@FastRobby said:

Sony also stated that PS4 = 43xPS3, we all know that that also isn't the case.

But to come back on the cloud, why doesn't AI needs to be updated every second? The AI (agent) has a state, it observes changes in the environment and changes his actions based on what he observes from the environment. So when I as a player, run to the left, the environment changes, and the agent performs a differenct action then when I run to the right. So if the total AI from Titanfall gets calculated in the cloud, this means that it changes every second. So it works... Or am I doing something wrong here? Maybe because AI calculations aren't that hard, the latency doesn't matter as much?

No the AI is loaded and doesn't need to change every second dude,hell Titanfall has sh** AI one of the worse ever seen by the way.

absolute twaddle. Titanfalls AI is done in the cloud

The AI behaves very differently depending on the situation. In small numbers they will run from your titan, l arge groups of spectres will have a go at your titans with missile launchers etc. Enemy AI titans are a threat. Spectres will jump to rooftops to get better views.

The grunts will dodge falling titans. l. yes they are easy targets most of the time, but not always, they can and do kill you. they respond to your presence differently depending on the situation.

The cloud AI, also powers your titan when in auto-titan mode, mine often gets kills. Hacked spectres get you kills, auto turrets that you hack get your kills. It is always worth hacking a spectre or two.

The AI, seems to be getting better too.

I have 80 hours in the game so I am definitely qualified to talk about how it plays.

This

The "poor AI" Tormentos speaks of is only present in the Grunts who play a key role in keeping the action flowing and the maps full. Specters on the other hand are fairly capable and as you mentioned use the vertical nature of the maps. The AI in auto titans is actually pretty great and more than capable of defending itself when under attack from a human controlled Titan.

I would bare in mind Tormentos doesnt actually own a PS4 or X1 so his "experience" with games doesnt actually extend to playing them. He just reads reviews and spews whatever negatives he can find regarding microsoft.

Personally...much like yourself...I prefer to use hands on experience to form a personal opinion in tandem with reviews to make an informed decision. Titanfall was an easy decision, I knew from the BETA it was a day one purchase. They didnt reinvent the wheel, but the changes they did make gave the genre a much needed lease of life. Deffo brought the "fun" back for me anyways.

bloodlust_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#628 bloodlust_101
Member since 2003 • 2764 Posts

@FastRobby said:

@bloodlust_101 said:

@rocky_denace said:

I don't know, do you think Tiled Resources, DX12, The Cloud, Azure, Overclocks, Reduced Overhead, ESRam, stacked GPUs, SHAPE, SKUs, or anything else will suddenly make the XBone a worthy contender? If so I would say you [and other lemmings] are a lot more delusional than any other faction on System Wars.

And while I would normally just sit back and laugh, it really becomes painful reading all of these theories and hopes lemmings have for the XBone. Lemmings honestly stand alone here.

I mean, back in the PS3 days, cows were spewing 'CELL CELL CELL' but it was at least something tangible that first parties worked towards, lemmings seem to change their 'cell' every month, reading in to claims such as "Doubles the XBone power" or theories which bring 1.2TF can be 4.5TF+ with secret hidden GPUs. Heck, if we put all theories together, we get 9TF+ when we use DX12 and Stacked GPUs. Hillarious!

No one here believes the double power, 9TF+ things... Those are misterxmedia things, which nobody of the lems here even say is the case. You on the other hand don't know shit if you think TR, DX12, and cloud doesn't help.

Help? Yes, of course. Anything notable, noteworthy, or measurable? Dream on, DX12 does what XBone already does - to the metal coding, Tiled resources is also on PS4, Cloud? Ha.

Some lemmings did believe MisterXMedia, and I am sure some lemmings here are clinging on to the Double power statements. Heck, on the first reply to this thread, a lemming claimed damage control for a cow saying that devs are laughing at the double power statement.

Ps. you didnt deny the other bogus stuff ;) Enjoy your hopes and dreams Robby.

always_explicit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#629 always_explicit

@sts106mat said:

@always_explicit: Funny, we are almost exactly the same. When i saw the E3 footage, i thought "hmm another shooter" but it did surprise me how many good reports the game got after E3....so i was a little intrigued. Still wasn't sure about buying it, especially since MP isn't really my fave thing.....

After i played the beta for 10 minutes, i knew it was a day one.

I've barely touched another game since launch and can honestly say this is the most fun i've ever had in a multiplayer game. I love me some halo, but titanfall has spoiled multiplayer games for me for now.. the maps are perfect, every match plays out differently, i am constantly finding new hidden areas in maps, its just awesome stuff.

Looking forward to getting home and playing again, almost gen 6, only need a few more titan kills with the arc cannon and then just got to get that damn gooser challenge done.

Haha its been so long since I have actually talked about games with someone on this damn website I am almost in shock right here!

One of the things I love about Titanfall is the open accessible nature of the maps, its essential to keep moving because very few spots are "safe". I have a few area's I feel are easier to defend than others, a few sniper spots that I know baffle a few players but ultimately I know I need to move before I get killed.

Its a game that rewards ingenuity and I find my play style can change entirely based on my weapon loadout. I can go from sniping from rooftops and burnt out buildings to a cloaking shotgun machine and have the same amount of success and fun in both roles.

I play ghosts on the X1 and its just feels so restrictive. Often I die from an unfortunate respawn, Something which interestingly has not happened to me in Titanfall....which may just be luck im not sure. It just seems like the Titanfall devs saw everything that angered me about multiplayer FPS and said "thats easy to fix" and just...did it. Excited for the new maps!

darkangel115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#630 darkangel115
Member since 2013 • 4562 Posts

@always_explicit said:

@sts106mat said:

@always_explicit: Funny, we are almost exactly the same. When i saw the E3 footage, i thought "hmm another shooter" but it did surprise me how many good reports the game got after E3....so i was a little intrigued. Still wasn't sure about buying it, especially since MP isn't really my fave thing.....

I've barely touched another game since launch and can honestly say this is the most fun i've ever had in a multiplayer game. I love me some halo, but titanfall has spoiled multiplayer games for me for now.. the maps are perfect, every match plays out differently, i am constantly finding new hidden areas in maps, its just awesome stuff.

Looking forward to getting home and playing again, almost gen 6, only need a few more titan kills with the arc cannon and then just got to get that damn gooser challenge done.

Haha its been so long since I have actually talked about games with someone on this damn website I am almost in shock right here!

One of the things I love about Titanfall is the open accessible nature of the maps, its essential to keep moving because very few spots are "safe". I have a few area's I feel are easier to defend than others, a few sniper spots that I know baffle a few players but ultimately I know I need to move before I get killed.

Its a game that rewards ingenuity and I find my play style can change entirely based on my weapon loadout. I can go from sniping from rooftops and burnt out buildings to a cloaking shotgun machine and have the same amount of success and fun in both roles.

I play ghosts on the X1 and its just feels so restrictive. Often I die from an unfortunate respawn, Something which interestingly has not happened to me in Titanfall....which may just be luck im not sure. It just seems like the Titanfall devs saw everything that angered me about multiplayer FPS and said "thats easy to fix" and just...did it. Excited for the new maps!

Rise is one of my favorites. its a map where parkour skills can really shine and a single pilot has an advantage over a titan. I auto titan on that map all the time becuase the zip lines and wall running is too good to pass up

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#631 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts

@rocky_denace: Do you frequently fantasize about SW users?

always_explicit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#634 always_explicit

I really like ?Boneyard? the one with the flying dinosaurs and massive skeletons? I dont know if thats the right name. Great sniping map, in combo with the satchel charges. Ziplines are fantastic, they were actually something I didnt use for a long time for some reason but they are a great way of navigating the map.

I Auto titan often because actually my auto titan survives longer without me piloting it haha. I get sucked in an forget to defend myself. Started using the Stryder to use my titan time to kill pilots and grunts...avoiding titan on titan combat unless I have support.

Greatest feeling ever is using a stryder burn card at the start of a match to reign hell on pilots waiting 4 minutes for their own Titanfall haha.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#635 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60713 Posts

@sts106mat said:

Gen 6? Damn, take a break. :P

always_explicit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#636 always_explicit

@sts106mat Weird you posted that message 1 second before I posted mine proclaiming boneyard as your favorite map also. Hah. Bromance.

Tighaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#637 Tighaman

@misterpmedia: damn homie want a selfie? lol

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#638 misterpmedia

@Tighaman said:

@misterpmedia: damn homie want a selfie? lol

fight me irl

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#639 misterpmedia

@LJS9502_basic said:

That's practically all he ever does probably more so than fanboying for Xbone #XB1M13. He never actually has anything worth saying just essays of immature name calling and false narrative to make himself feel better.

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#641 misterpmedia

@rocky_denace said:

@misterpmedia said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

That's practically all he ever does probably more so than fanboying for Xbone #XB1M13. He never actually has anything worth saying just essays of immature name calling and false narrative to make himself feel better.

Oh I see it's the guy who like to play with kids younger then him and start fakeboy threads pretending to look for innocent answers but has no other intention but watching a total flame war erupt. I've had you pegged since day one you aint slick not even close the only problem is GS mods are pro PS so they let these worthless pro PS flame threads of yours go on.

aaaaaaannnnnd there's my point proven. Stopped reading there.

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#643 misterpmedia

@rocky_denace said:

@misterpmedia said:

@rocky_denace said:

@misterpmedia said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

Oh I see it's the guy who like to play with kids younger then him and start fakeboy threads pretending to look for innocent answers but has no other intention but watching a total flame war erupt. I've had you pegged since day one you aint slick not even close the only problem is GS mods are pro PS so they let these worthless pro PS flame threads of yours go on.

aaaaaaannnnnd there's my point proven. Stopped reading there.

No you read it all and even licked your screan

what's a screan

melonfarmerz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#646  Edited By melonfarmerz
Member since 2014 • 1294 Posts

How the **** do people think DX12 will possible double performance? As a PC gamer, I've seen the effects of Mantle, and DX 8, 9, 10, 11, ect. Significant gains in performance come form better HARDWARE. A new direct X will make processing more efficient and you'll maybe get a small 2-5 fps boost. Nothing more. When companies like Intel and Nvidia say DX12 will make a difference, these are PC companies referring to the effect DX12 will have on PC's, and even then, the difference will be minor.

jwsoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#647 jwsoul
Member since 2005 • 5467 Posts

Sonny will eventually try and match anpy Software update that boosts performance on their own console. They wil not sit back and just give the Xbox a free ride. If that console can get more from software so can the PS4. Tho DX is the leader to be honest.

melonfarmerz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#649 melonfarmerz
Member since 2014 • 1294 Posts

@FastRobby said:

@melonfarmerz said:

How the **** do people think DX12 will possible double performance? As a PC gamer, I've seen the effects of Mantle, and DX 8, 9, 10, 11, ect. Significant gains in performance come form better HARDWARE. A new direct X will make processing more efficient and you'll maybe get a small 2-5 fps boost. Nothing more. When companies like Intel and Nvidia say DX12 will make a difference, these are PC companies referring to the effect DX12 will have on PC's, and even then, the difference will be minor.

I don't believe in a 100% increase, but I do believe in a decent increase. Also you don't know what DX12 will do, you don't know all the features, why talk about it when only developers have worked with it...

Sure, we defiantly haven't seen what DX12 will do. Regardless, we know what DX 1-11 have done and so why are we assuming DX12 will change the trend?

Spitfire-Six

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#650 Spitfire-Six
Member since 2014 • 1378 Posts

That one developer was talking relative to his project not physically changing the clock speed. Can this die now?