Crytek: console hardware is weaksauce

  • 126 results
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
#51 Posted by R3FURBISHED (10658 posts) -

@chikenfriedrice said:

Graphics were not the problem with Ryse

This, absolutely this.

Crytek would do well to make a complete video game and not a game that has only pretty graphics.

#52 Posted by Pray_to_me (2921 posts) -

Remember when Cryshit said the PS360 version of Crysis was superior to the PC version because of teh lighting? They were right then and they are right now.

#53 Edited by uninspiredcup (9671 posts) -

Sadly, Crytek like many companies require money in order to operate.

The pc, while more powerful, is full of piracy with a small percentage of people on hardware more powerful than consoles.

Ultimately (as Crytek have done) a free2play model with games designed for moderate to low end hardware is preferable.

In general, unless MMO or casual bejewell style games for tablets, the pc is financially a waste of time.

#54 Posted by scatteh316 (4980 posts) -
@xboxiphoneps3 said:

Defitnetly not the strongest gaming hardware out there, but a 7850 class GPU with some decent 64 bit cores and good amount of ram and other dedicated hardware units packaged in a slim profile allows for some great gaming for the masses and much more immersion then last gen (fast ram loading shit quick, huge open seamless loadless worlds, etc.), the majority of people's homes do not have 7850 type of power in the average person's home computer. It can still churn out good graphics and sometimes really good,

its all about the games, GAMEspot , gameplay, to a ton of people console gaming is the way to go for them, hermits gotta stop ragging on consoles so much for when very arguably some of the best games to ever come out and be played have been console exclusives only lol

And neither does Xbone

#55 Edited by natsm (61 posts) -

@uninspiredcup said:

Sadly, Crytek like many companies require money in order to operate.

The pc, while more powerful, is full of piracy with a small percentage of people on hardware more powerful than consoles.

Ultimately (as Crytek have done) a free2play model with games designed for moderate to low end hardware is preferable.

In general, unless MMO or casual bejewell style games for tablets, the pc is financially a waste of time.

sadly,Crysis 1 sales while being a PC exclusive beats Crysis 2 sales on all platforms
quote from Wikipedia
Crysis 1 : "By May 2010 the game has sold over 3 million units (and it's standalone expansion about 1.5 million units) making it one of the best selling PC games of all time."
Crysis 2 : "As of June 30, 2011 over 3 million copies of the game have been sold across all platforms, which is less than Crysis on PC only."

which means that if the game is really good,PC Gamers WILL support the dev instead of pirating it. (unless you can't afford or something)

#56 Posted by lostrib (39152 posts) -

@natsm said:

@uninspiredcup said:

Sadly, Crytek like many companies require money in order to operate.

The pc, while more powerful, is full of piracy with a small percentage of people on hardware more powerful than consoles.

Ultimately (as Crytek have done) a free2play model with games designed for moderate to low end hardware is preferable.

In general, unless MMO or casual bejewell style games for tablets, the pc is financially a waste of time.

sadly,Crysis 1 sales while being a PC exclusive beats Crysis 2 sales on all platforms

quote from Wikipedia

Crysis 1 : "By May 2010 the game has sold over 3 million units (and it's standalone expansion about 1.5 million units) making it one of the best selling PC games of all time."

Crysis 2 : "As of June 30, 2011 over 3 million copies of the game have been sold across all platforms, which is less than Crysis on PC only."

which means that if the game is really good,PC Gamers WILL support the dev instead of pirating it. (unless you can't afford or something)

If I remember correctly they had mentioned making a profit with the original crysis/warhead...and then by Crysis 3 said they were just breaking even on the series

#57 Posted by Cloud_imperium (4330 posts) -

And Sky is blue .

#58 Posted by Cloud_imperium (4330 posts) -
@scottpsfan14 said:
@RoboCopISJesus said:

Lol consoles.

It's actually tormenting me the thought of you posting racist masterrace bullshit on every thread. You might just force me off this site. You are worse than Jankarcop.

What's up with these insults and whole "Master Race Reddit" bullsh*t you keep mentioning in every thread these days .

#59 Posted by Mr_Huggles_dog (1434 posts) -

@natsm said:

@uninspiredcup said:

Sadly, Crytek like many companies require money in order to operate.

The pc, while more powerful, is full of piracy with a small percentage of people on hardware more powerful than consoles.

Ultimately (as Crytek have done) a free2play model with games designed for moderate to low end hardware is preferable.

In general, unless MMO or casual bejewell style games for tablets, the pc is financially a waste of time.

sadly,Crysis 1 sales while being a PC exclusive beats Crysis 2 sales on all platforms

quote from Wikipedia

Crysis 1 : "By May 2010 the game has sold over 3 million units (and it's standalone expansion about 1.5 million units) making it one of the best selling PC games of all time."

Crysis 2 : "As of June 30, 2011 over 3 million copies of the game have been sold across all platforms, which is less than Crysis on PC only."

which means that if the game is really good,PC Gamers WILL support the dev instead of pirating it. (unless you can't afford or something)

Thats pretty much how it goes. But then again...Crysis 1 was a leap forward like we hadn't seen...the hype surrounding "OMG YOU WON'T BELIEVE THESE GRAPHICS!!!!" was plenty.

The other Crysis games did not have that sort of thing.

And we all know PC gamers love their benchmark games.

#60 Posted by Cloud_imperium (4330 posts) -

@natsm said:

@uninspiredcup said:

Sadly, Crytek like many companies require money in order to operate.

The pc, while more powerful, is full of piracy with a small percentage of people on hardware more powerful than consoles.

Ultimately (as Crytek have done) a free2play model with games designed for moderate to low end hardware is preferable.

In general, unless MMO or casual bejewell style games for tablets, the pc is financially a waste of time.

sadly,Crysis 1 sales while being a PC exclusive beats Crysis 2 sales on all platforms

quote from Wikipedia

Crysis 1 : "By May 2010 the game has sold over 3 million units (and it's standalone expansion about 1.5 million units) making it one of the best selling PC games of all time."

Crysis 2 : "As of June 30, 2011 over 3 million copies of the game have been sold across all platforms, which is less than Crysis on PC only."

which means that if the game is really good,PC Gamers WILL support the dev instead of pirating it. (unless you can't afford or something)

Lol . Owned .

I also agree with you and @mr_huggles_dog , that when there is something new , it attracts a lot of people . Both original Crysis and Far Cry were jaw dropping back then and it made Crytek stronger . Crysis 2 sold less than original Crysis and its expansion . Crysis 3 and Ryse sales were terrible .

People need a reason to upgrade their PCs . Back in 2011 , Battlefield 3 sold tons of gaming PCs . And if let's say Valve comes up with something for top of the line PCs (or even Half Life 3) , you can bet that GPU sales will go sky high .

#61 Posted by natsm (61 posts) -

@Cloud_imperium said:

@natsm said:

sadly,Crysis 1 sales while being a PC exclusive beats Crysis 2 sales on all platforms

quote from Wikipedia

Crysis 1 : "By May 2010 the game has sold over 3 million units (and it's standalone expansion about 1.5 million units) making it one of the best selling PC games of all time."

Crysis 2 : "As of June 30, 2011 over 3 million copies of the game have been sold across all platforms, which is less than Crysis on PC only."

which means that if the game is really good,PC Gamers WILL support the dev instead of pirating it. (unless you can't afford or something)

Lol . Owned .

I also agree with you and @mr_huggles_dog , that when there is something new , it attracts a lot of people . Both original Crysis and Far Cry were jaw dropping back then and it made Crytek stronger . Crysis 2 sold less than original Crysis and its expansion . Crysis 3 and Ryse sales were terrible .

People need a reason to upgrade their PCs . Back in 2011 , Battlefield 3 sold tons of gaming PCs . And if let's say Valve comes up with something for top of the line PCs (or even Half Life 3) , you can bet that GPU sales will go sky high .

Yeah,i know. But shouldn't Ready At Dawn put The Order on PC if they want their game to sell highly(i doubt the gameplay is good tho) and Valve,just state that Half LIfe 3 is dead and we will stop begging lol

#62 Posted by CTR360 (7171 posts) -

i dont give a fuck what a mediorce PC company say

#63 Posted by -Damien- (5355 posts) -

and PC is just spec with no good games to play.....oh so easy

#64 Posted by silversix_ (15002 posts) -

@chikenfriedrice said:

Graphics were not the problem with Ryse, dickheads.

compared to Crysis 3 which came out a year before Ryse they were.

#65 Posted by Sushiglutton (5357 posts) -

But the consoles are not too weak for making some good gameplay...

#66 Posted by ZombieKiller7 (6255 posts) -

Console hardware is weaksauce but not as weaksauce as Crytek's games and imagination.

I couldn't build a more generic game than Crysis if I tried.

#67 Posted by DEadliNE-Zero0 (3374 posts) -

@-Damien- said:

and PC is just spec with no good games to play.....oh so easy

*cough* more AA/AAA scoring games on pc

But you knew this already Damien.

#68 Edited by PAL360 (27012 posts) -

We all know that high end PCs are more powerful.

It doesn't really matter, though. What does matter to me, is the fact that the games i have been playing on current gen look and perform alot better than the ones i used to play last gen.

#69 Posted by delta3074 (18501 posts) -

thanks for that Captain obvious A.K.A Crytek

#70 Edited by humanistpotato (533 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@CrownKingArthur said:

psn is kind of like a good woman

well, at least it seems to go down quite a bit

AHAHAHAHA

#71 Edited by Gue1 (10419 posts) -

@deadline-zero0 said:

@-Damien- said:

and PC is just spec with no good games to play.....oh so easy

*cough* more AA/AAA scoring games on pc

But you knew this already Damien.

and all of them some shitty niche game from kickstarter or free 2 play that no one gives a shit about.

#72 Posted by handssss (1837 posts) -

That's nice.

Learn how to make a fun game, Crytek. Graphics won't mean shit if that's all you got.

#73 Edited by Gue1 (10419 posts) -

@natsm said:

@uninspiredcup said:

Sadly, Crytek like many companies require money in order to operate.

The pc, while more powerful, is full of piracy with a small percentage of people on hardware more powerful than consoles.

Ultimately (as Crytek have done) a free2play model with games designed for moderate to low end hardware is preferable.

In general, unless MMO or casual bejewell style games for tablets, the pc is financially a waste of time.

sadly,Crysis 1 sales while being a PC exclusive beats Crysis 2 sales on all platforms

quote from Wikipedia

Crysis 1 : "By May 2010 the game has sold over 3 million units (and it's standalone expansion about 1.5 million units) making it one of the best selling PC games of all time."

Crysis 2 : "As of June 30, 2011 over 3 million copies of the game have been sold across all platforms, which is less than Crysis on PC only."

which means that if the game is really good,PC Gamers WILL support the dev instead of pirating it. (unless you can't afford or something)

one of the best selling PC game of all time only sold 3 millions....

#74 Posted by faizanhd (325 posts) -

@scottpsfan14 said:
@RoboCopISJesus said:

Lol consoles.

It's actually tormenting me the thought of you posting racist masterrace bullshit on every thread. You might just force me off this site. You are worse than Jankarcop.

Pieces of plastic do not have a race. Just because you fap to PSX games 20 times a day does not mean anyone has to care about your sh*tty purchase decisions.

#75 Edited by SoftwareGeek (483 posts) -

@xboxiphoneps3 said:

Defitnetly not the strongest gaming hardware out there, but a 7850 class GPU with some decent 64 bit cores and good amount of ram and other dedicated hardware units packaged in a slim profile allows for some great gaming for the masses and much more immersion then last gen (fast ram loading shit quick, huge open seamless loadless worlds, etc.), the majority of people's homes do not have 7850 type of power in the average person's home computer. It can still churn out good graphics and sometimes really good,

its all about the games, GAMEspot , gameplay, to a ton of people console gaming is the way to go for them, hermits gotta stop ragging on consoles so much for when very arguably some of the best games to ever come out and be played have been console exclusives only lol

AMEN! Plus, there's something cool about playing a game on my 55 inch hi-def with my JBL's pumping out surround sound...LOUDLY! If you aren't playing in surround sound, you are getting half the experience.

PC speakers....lol. weak sauce.

#76 Posted by natsm (61 posts) -

@Gue1 said:

@natsm said:

@uninspiredcup said:

Sadly, Crytek like many companies require money in order to operate.

The pc, while more powerful, is full of piracy with a small percentage of people on hardware more powerful than consoles.

Ultimately (as Crytek have done) a free2play model with games designed for moderate to low end hardware is preferable.

In general, unless MMO or casual bejewell style games for tablets, the pc is financially a waste of time.

sadly,Crysis 1 sales while being a PC exclusive beats Crysis 2 sales on all platforms

quote from Wikipedia

Crysis 1 : "By May 2010 the game has sold over 3 million units (and it's standalone expansion about 1.5 million units) making it one of the best selling PC games of all time."

Crysis 2 : "As of June 30, 2011 over 3 million copies of the game have been sold across all platforms, which is less than Crysis on PC only."

which means that if the game is really good,PC Gamers WILL support the dev instead of pirating it. (unless you can't afford or something)

one of the best selling PC game of all time only sold 3 millions....

i think it's because parents buy consoles instead of PC and PC gamers piracy stuff

#77 Posted by zeeshanhaider (2675 posts) -

But sony told me PS4 is a super charged PC that is better than 99.99995742244211111119774433% of PCs out there.

#78 Edited by Alcapello (970 posts) -

#79 Posted by YearoftheSnake5 (7654 posts) -

And the sky is blue.

#80 Posted by Cloud_imperium (4330 posts) -

@zeeshanhaider said:

But sony told me PS4 is a super charged PC that is better than 99.99995742244211111119774433% of PCs out there.

LMAO .

#81 Posted by Heil68 (45750 posts) -

Trying to justify poor sales and scores on consoles..lolz

#82 Posted by GrenadeLauncher (5529 posts) -

Interesting. So this is the second developer in as many days who has stated that the Xbone's ESRAM is too small. And that was with a launch game and two remasters. Looks like it's hobbled for life now.

BU BU BUT DA CLAWD!

#83 Posted by scottpsfan14 (5854 posts) -
@Krelian-co said:

@Snugenz said:

@scottpsfan14 said:
@clyde46 said:

@Snugenz said:

@scottpsfan14 said:
@lostrib said:

@scottpsfan14 said:
@RoboCopISJesus said:

Lol consoles.

It's actually tormenting me the thought of you posting racist masterrace bullshit on every thread. You might just force me off this site. You are worse than Jankarcop.

what racist remarks did he post?

Lol consoles.

Thats not racist, not even slightly...

Misogynist.

das it. das the word i'm lookin for!

So consoles are women...

Are you sure you've thought this through?.

Well by the way he defends his piece of plastic, i can certainly see him thinking it's his woman.

Oh so cruel you are. You cowmit/hermcow. You defend PS4 more than I do. At least I think Halo is better than Killzone. At least I actually play PC games rather than brag about being some sort of "master race". At least I can enjoy all platforms for their own reasons and not be a pleb. You think you know me son? Think again!1

#84 Posted by GarGx1 (2868 posts) -

@FoxbatAlpha said:

Lol LostRibs thread.

Just kidding ole chap!

Seriously hi end or not, console or not my Xbox One is the shizz.

I've got those but I think it was something I ate last night.....

Got to run

#86 Posted by Dannystaples14 (982 posts) -

Crytek's games are boring piles of shit so they can't really say anything. I don't think they've ever made a game that was truly spectacular outside of visuals.

#87 Posted by clone01 (24940 posts) -

@scottpsfan14 said:
@RoboCopISJesus said:

Lol consoles.

It's actually tormenting me the thought of you posting racist masterrace bullshit on every thread. You might just force me off this site. You are worse than Jankarcop.

It would sure be tragic if you left said no one ever.

#88 Posted by tormentos (18885 posts) -

@zeeshanhaider said:

But sony told me PS4 is a super charged PC that is better than 99.99995742244211111119774433% of PCs out there.

Well is better than 88% of PC out there..lol

You know 88% is the whooping majority of PC gamers.? lol The master peasants..hahaha

If your PC is under PS4 specs like those 88% yeah you are a peasant inside the master race..hahahaha

#89 Posted by blackace (21082 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@StrifeDelivery said:

I think people will care about your comments Crytek when you become relevant again.

but teh grafix!

Graphics were great, gameplay was, story and fun were not.

Gameplay & Fun >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Graphics. Pretty much why the game flopped.

#90 Posted by lostrib (39152 posts) -

@tormentos: source?

#91 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (14686 posts) -

Crytek: We know our games suck, that's why we just focus on the visuals.

#92 Posted by zeeshanhaider (2675 posts) -
@lostrib said:

@tormentos: source?

How dare you question El-Tometo? Didn't you know he was the source behind Sony's figure of 99.99995742244211111119774433%. I'm sure since the passage of time he has applied his asstandard normalizations to arrive at the new figure of 88%.

#93 Edited by Chozofication (3094 posts) -

This means Xbone is weaksauce, ps4 is medium sauce..

#94 Posted by scottpsfan14 (5854 posts) -
@clone01 said:

@scottpsfan14 said:

It's actually tormenting me the thought of you posting racist masterrace bullshit on every thread. You might just force me off this site. You are worse than Jankarcop.

It would sure be tragic if you left said no one ever.

Why don't you just leave me alone and stop assuming wrong things about people? All I have seen you do on this site is insult posters and calling them trolls while not actually contributing anything to threads. It seems to be a trend with long time posters on this site. Like you all have burned out your fuse. The enthusiasm is gone perhaps? All the good posters are gone now? Well then if you care so much, then actually make an effort with your posts rather than finding your next victim to ridicule.

I have to say you are one of the worst people on System Wars. So full of shit that 95% of your posts are in reference to other posters on here that you deem 'trolls'. I've seen you confuse Jankarcop for an alt. You are convinced I'm an alt of master shake. What is your mission? To be the stupidist, misinformed mouth breather on System Wars? Seriously, stop your shit.

#95 Posted by foxhound_fox (89427 posts) -

Nobody cares after they jumped ship from PC.

#96 Posted by clone01 (24940 posts) -

@scottpsfan14 said:
@clone01 said:

@scottpsfan14 said:

It's actually tormenting me the thought of you posting racist masterrace bullshit on every thread. You might just force me off this site. You are worse than Jankarcop.

It would sure be tragic if you left said no one ever.

Why don't you just leave me alone and stop assuming wrong things about people? All I have seen you do on this site is insult posters and calling them trolls while not actually contributing anything to threads. It seems to be a trend with long time posters on this site. Like you all have burned out your fuse. The enthusiasm is gone perhaps? All the good posters are gone now? Well then if you care so much, then actually make an effort with your posts rather than finding your next victim to ridicule.

I have to say you are one of the worst people on System Wars. So full of shit that 95% of your posts are in reference to other posters on here that you deem 'trolls'. I've seen you confuse Jankarcop for an alt. You are convinced I'm an alt of master shake. What is your mission? To be the stupidist, misinformed mouth breather on System Wars? Seriously, stop your shit.

Sounds good, Shake.

#97 Posted by scottpsfan14 (5854 posts) -
@clone01 said:

@scottpsfan14 said:
@clone01 said:

@scottpsfan14 said:

It's actually tormenting me the thought of you posting racist masterrace bullshit on every thread. You might just force me off this site. You are worse than Jankarcop.

It would sure be tragic if you left said no one ever.

Why don't you just leave me alone and stop assuming wrong things about people? All I have seen you do on this site is insult posters and calling them trolls while not actually contributing anything to threads. It seems to be a trend with long time posters on this site. Like you all have burned out your fuse. The enthusiasm is gone perhaps? All the good posters are gone now? Well then if you care so much, then actually make an effort with your posts rather than finding your next victim to ridicule.

I have to say you are one of the worst people on System Wars. So full of shit that 95% of your posts are in reference to other posters on here that you deem 'trolls'. I've seen you confuse Jankarcop for an alt. You are convinced I'm an alt of master shake. What is your mission? To be the stupidist, misinformed mouth breather on System Wars? Seriously, stop your shit.

Sounds good, Shake.

Way to show just how thick your skull is. Congrats. Also try to avoid replying to my posts in future.

#98 Posted by lostrib (39152 posts) -

@scottpsfan14: master shake confirmed

#99 Posted by clone01 (24940 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@scottpsfan14: master shake confirmed

Such a sad man.

#100 Posted by scottpsfan14 (5854 posts) -
@lostrib said:

@scottpsfan14: master shake confirmed

I'm sorry but now I'm curious. Who the fuck is master shake. At least a link to his GS profile.